Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Crossing too much depends on dribbling be it wingers or fullbacks. Irl wide players dribble far less than in fm, especially fullbacks. Dribbling is OP currently. Irl far more crossing comes after ball is played into space, pay attention to this when you watch real football game. But these dont happen in fm.
  3. No, all four versions of the skin are here. No, I don't play Touch version of the game.
  4. Great skin. Small question though. In your skin you don't have a bold font when you have selected a specific Inbox item (in the list on the left). I also want this for my own skin, but I can't seem to find the right XML file. Do you know which files handles this? Example: Bold in my own skin Normal in your skin (this is what I want)
  5. I mentioned previously these stats are inaccurate for me too. Claims I've scored way more than I did over 5 matches and the AI scored 5 goals and they'd not actually scored at all...
  6. @Totalfootballfan V4 is again with Inverted Wingers I see? (probably the change log is not correct for V4?) And if I'm really having difficulty to find the correct strong footed players, can I change IW to W without to much impact? or does it break the whole tactic?
  7. So I was looking to replace my assistant manager on my leicester save and a message came up saying board won't allow me to sign another AM unless I sack my current one so I did. But then the board blocked the new one coming in and now in the staff section it says 0/0 for assistant manager. No option to increase this at all. Anyone know how to allow me to get assistant back? May have to quit and start with a new person again as its annoying not having one.
  8. Hi, I'm trying to create a cup, but I don't succeed... can someone take the file and modify it, or explain me what's wrong ? When I go in game it says "The cup will begin in march 2019", but we are after What's I'm trying to create (Tordesillas Cup) : Step 1 : 48 teams (Spain 10, Brazil and Argentina 9, Portugal 6, Mexico 3, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia 2, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Bolivia 1). 8 groups of 6, the first 2 go to the next step. Step 2 : 16 teams, classical round of 16 Step 3 : 8 teams, classical quarter-finales Step 4 : Championship between the last 4. Here is the file. Please, I really would like to play, thanks you in advance for any help ! ESSAI TORDESILLAS CUP.fmf
  9. These goals all look same. Run from deep and nobody reacting at all. Not impossible but looks cheap. This would be huge decocentration of whole defensive unit. Usually it takes a little more to put man 1-1 with keeper.
  10. me either. its makes me anger when i scroll in the game.
  11. I finished my first season with Werder Bremen (Germany, 1st division) and noticed two problems with loan options: Leonardo Bittencourt is loaned with option "avoiding relegation", but I can't make a transfer offer (cannot make offer at this time). I understand this clause to be an obligation to buy this player when the team avoids relegation (finished 11th) but he goes back to Hoffenheim on July 1st. Martin Harnik is loaned to Hamburg (Germany, 2nd division) with option "promotion from 2nd division), but we don't get an offer for him. I understand this clause to be an obligation to buy this player when the team secures promotion (finished 1st) but he comes back to our team on July 1st.
  12. I also find crossing to be vastly improved compared to FM19, where sometimes i didn´t even bother to finish watching the highlight when i knew my winger/overlapping full back was going to cross into the nearest defender anyway. Of course it still happens, but that´s football, and in happens IRL as well. In FM20 i see way more successful crosses or even some beautiful low passes back from the byline to onrushing midfielders just entering the penalty area . Keep in mind that with regard to pressure from defenders, the 3D representation might be misleading here. It might look as if there was no pressure when your striker went for a header, when indeed there was.
  13. Today
  14. So, to confirm that you are going to sell your best player because the ME representation of his skin tone is wrong?
  15. Same issue with defending as the example Tiger666 posted above - The #4 CM isn't paying attention to his surroundings and is slightly out of position leaving a channel for your AMC to run through, and the #44 CB only reacts to the AMC's run when he's already sprinted past him.
  16. In response to a strong start or any strong run of form for a longer period of time, the opposition AI will start to approach matches against you in a different way, i.e. sit deeper, offer less space, etc. Watch how the matches unfold and tweak your tactics accordingly, then you should be fine. I think it´s fairly sensible for the AI to approach "on fire" teams differently. This is a very important thing to keep in mind, not just regarding slumps, and one that is probably overlooked all too often. Especially depending on your preferred style of play (i.e. high pressing, physically intense), determination and work rate can be so hugely important.
  17. Looking it up in the editor, it seems his CA = his PA and he has no room to improve.
  18. Each tier has different considerations for what you want to do. Different attributes become important at different in game points. For example you want to play counter pressing so you expect pressing intensity and tackling from the wider attacking tier. Sometimes you will see opposition players glide past them, thats usually points to tackling, marking, bravery. In midfield you expect them to pay attention to read the 2nd ball, anticipation, concentration, positioning. Then if a player has very good positioning, perhaps he may be in the right position. However if you are only playing 2 players in midfield then the role becomes important. To answer your question in the easiest way possible. When i say 15 i am talking about the backline especially the wingbacks or fullbacks in a counter pressing system. Remember that when you counter press, players are likely to leave their defensive positions to go press a player immediately after losing the ball, that increases the space between where they are after counterpressing and where they need to be if it fails. Counterpressing always involves your wingbacks and fullbacks too. Higher defensive lines make this worse. A higher defensive line positions them higher up the pitch so counterpressing increases vertical coverage and increases the value of acceleration and positioning. If a wingback has good positioning, perhaps he will take up a position which is good, but if he has poor positioning like TAA, he needs to get back quickly into position. That is why in the EPL at least 15 is about the lowest I would accept for counter pressing on my wingbacks. Attacking players have good acceleration and if they have knocks the ball into space, and your defender has low acceleration they will always play catch up which is why central defenders sometimes get pulled wide to cover the mistakes. You can tell this is happening sometimes in games when the central defender picks up a yellow card after he had to go tackle someone who wouldn't have received the ball had the wingback not been so high up the pitch. When people play overlaps(which i do a lot), then the pressure increases, because the mentality of the wingback is also affected apart from the initial positioning. So a wingback is more likely to bomb further forward even before the ball has left his half. So the OP for example in his tactic, I would have changed the role of the WB(A) to a FB(S) and given him the overlap. Now he is on a higher mentality but still on support duty and likely to bomb forward when we have already moved the ball past the halfway mark. The FB is still in a good position to support central midfield. Attributes for a solid pressing style include, anticipation, concentration, work rate, determination, bravery, marking and tackling. Stamina while ideal is only important if you want the player to last the full 90 minutes, the other attributes are the dynamic ones that are probably involved. Naturally this is my opinion and not SI's but in the course of me submitting bug reports, the replies i have received suggest that i could be right. Yes the roles and duties appear and in fact you can make them stick to your in between match highlights as well. However the roles and duties also change within a game and can change quite dynamically. A wingback on attack can change to a fullback on defend. The roles and duties are not static, and have never been static. It's when the AI goes very attacking that thing starting getting interesting. It can have quite a few attack duties on the pitch in the most vulnerable spaces, making it vulnerable to even the simplest over the top ball if you are playing with a two striker system. You are not playing a different game, not many people realise that roles and duties are now visible after around 10 minutes, but i think this depends on the quality and availability of your analysts. Scout reports and analyst reports are definitely not 100% accurate because they can change. What I am absolutely certain of is that roles/duties/shape and mentality changes in a game. And I am certain team instructions change alongside them too. The cue for these is usually in game commentary.
  19. The match engine of FMT is exactly the same as the match engine of the "full game".
  20. You don'T watch anything "live". Everything you get to see is technically a replay. This is done so that the game can rewind and show the highlights. The code isn't psychic after all and knows things in advance. Every time you make a change, a sub, a fart, or anything, the game recalculates from the point though. That's why you can also save matches as pkm and watch them from the main menu, or do the same for AI vs AI Matches. The match processing/simulation is the same for all your competition involved. If you set it to full detail for all competitions in the db uploaded, it's the same for every match. Can bring even the best computers to ist knees though, as it's a 90 minutes "kick by kick" sim for all the Matches. If your own matches after reloads don't show the same trend's as the AI's, it's because of the AI's match management being different to yours. The AI isn't super smart. However, it's given mostly logical means of targeting specific results -- and reacting to the run of Goals, e.g. the scoreline. The target can be a draw, a win, a big win, try to avoid a trashing, etc.
  21. I think he means in the match engine.
  22. You can upload a correct picture of him into your game.
  23. Didn’t know where to post but there is a wonder kid from anderlecht called kana and he his black however in game he a white guy with light brown hair.... kinda breaks immersion for me and I’m gonna sell him ASAP even though he could be my best player
  24. current structure changes that i am trying to get working in the editor
  25. Download knap tactics most of the time. Mr L Tactics test league will be out soon.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?