All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. March 2032 Fixtures and Results Five games in March (a lot less than in February). Our focus is on our Europa League fixtures with Villarreal, because the lead in the Eredivisie could allow us to be a little bit more relaxed (and risky with starting line-ups) in the league games. We started with a confident win over NEC Nijmegen. Our opponents started with a bit of an unorthodox 4-3-1-2 narrow formation, switched it to a more conservative 4-4-2 after the break, but it didn’t change the fact that their defence was just not good enough to contain us. Amourricho van Axel Dongen scored a brace and Olivier Aertssen wrapped things up from the spot. Kenneth Taylor was suspended for this game because of accumulated yellow cards, but we didn’t really miss him. In the end NEC players made 32 fouls and collected 7 yellow cards against us - referee Siemen Mulder was blasted for his performance in the game, but perhaps don’t foul so much, then? Our xG was 3.94 in the end, so a pretty convincing win. We were confident ahead of our first leg with Villarreal at Johan Cruijff Arena. Villarreal are an extremely experienced (fancy way of saying - old) team. They have almost the entire first eleven over 30 years old and a number of veterans aged 33-35 in the team. But, as it often happens, they were too defensive in away games and came to Amsterdam with a conservative 4-1-4-1 DM formation. We controlled it from start to finish and created some good chances in the first half - Amourricho van Axel Dongen put us in front with an easy finish and John Meeuwis scored with a lovely chip to make it 2:0 before Villarreal’s Pau Torres curled in a beautiful strike from 20 metres to keep them in the game at half-time. van Axel Dongen’s second goal in the second half made it 3:1 and that looks like a good enough result to take us into the second leg. sc Heerenveen offered us a battle between two Europa League games. We took the lead in the first half after 17-years old Richard Svec scored his first ever goal for the club, but the rest of the match was a fairly even battle between two teams. I had rotated and made a lot of changes in our starting line-up and it clearly showed in our attack - chances were rare and we couldn’t turn our possession into goals. At the same time Heerenveen wasted some big chances themselves - their best opportunity came in the first half from a corner when their Lithuanian centre-back Edgaras Utkus headed it over from a point blank range. In the end it remained 1:0 - not the best performance from us, but kept a clean sheet and I was delighted for Richard Svec and his match-winning strike. Next Thursday it was time to travel to Spain. I was a bit surprised at how small that Villarreal town really was, and just a 23,500 stadium was packed for the match. Villarreal started the game well - ex-Ajax striker Brian Brobbey used his first chance to give them a lead and curled it into the top corner from 23 metres ten minutes later, so after 19 minutes we were 0:2 behind and our 3:1 lead from the first match was pretty much obliterated. The rest of the ninety minutes were a real struggle - both teams defended well and it was difficult to create something, but in the second half Diyae-Eddine Jermoumi struck home with a fierce strike and gave us the vital goal. We had 10 attempts in the end, but neither of the teams could get xG over 1.00 - a very defensive game and Villarreal certainly defended well. We returned from Spain with a 1:2 defeat, but it was enough to get through with a 4:3 aggregate score. Our opponent in the quarter final is Newcastle United. The last match against Excelsior was a potentially tricky one, because Excelsior is the most overachieving club in Eredivisie this season and they’re currently sitting in 8th position (although predicted just 16th in pre-season) .It was one of the ugliest games I’ve ever seen - we couldn’t get any of our shots on target (in the first half our shooting was 6/0 and 14/2 in the full match) and our concentration in defence wasn’t much better either, as Excelsior managed to create a number of half-chances. We created none in the entire match - so poor was our attacking movement and decision-making, but as in the number of times before, we somehow managed to grab the win in injury time. John Meeuwis saw his attempt being blocked, but the rebound fell to Stanis Idumbo Muzambo who nodded it into the empty net. The most undeserved victory - our xG was slightly lower than Excelsior’s and they definitely felt that they did enough to get something out of this game, but that’s football. Tactics and Players So, three wins in Eredivisie and we’re still in the Europa League, but our performances have been declining through March and especially our attacking game and cohesion left much to desire. Tactically the only decision was how to approach the second leg game in Villarreal - I opted for our usual setup, just tuned mentality down to balanced. It wasn’t a poor choice per se, but Villarreal scored two very clinical goals and that left us struggling, until our regular positive 4-2-3-1 got us out of the mud..Because I rotated the team, I sometimes opted for Amourricho van Axel Dongen on our left flank as IWs - a move that supported our left defence a little bit more, but on the other hand had a negative effect on our attack. In the future it might be a conservative option to preserve our lead in difficult games. Our attacking players have had really inconsistent performances after the first two matches and it’s difficult to praise anybody in particular. But Peter Misidjan made his debut for Holland in this international window and that certainly deserves a notice. Prince Aning was also involved in international games and 17 years old winger Marcus Mägi made his debut for Estonia. Player of the Month: Olivier Aertssen - I can’t really praise any of the attacking players, but at least we’ve kept some clean sheets and that’s mostly Aertssen’s doing. Also scored a penalty against NEC Nijmegen Goal of the Month: Diyae-Eddine Jermoumi vs. Villarreal - well struck into the top corner; also a vital goal to keep us in the Europa League Youth Intake 2032 A very interesting bunch of players this season. We have two excellent striker prospects in Sander van Dijk and Grzegorz Kmiecik (how on earth a Swedish-Polish kid ended up in Amsterdam?), a decent goalkeeper in Niciano Kuijsten and a couple of decent defensive midfielders. Overall it’s a very international group of kids - players from Sweden, Germany, Estonia, Somalia, Turkey (and a few from Netherlands, too). Football journalists published their NxGn 50 list to draw attention to top talents and wonderkids in football and to my surprise I saw Richard Svec high on the third place in the list. Loet van Fessem and Anass Sarpong are also in the list, but in places between 31-40. Eredivisie We’ve maintained our 10 points lead over PSV Eindhoven. At the bottom of the table SC Cambuur looks like to be relegated, but Willem II fight fiercely against relegation and have found a way to get some points to the board, so nothing is decided about them.
  3. “In range” refers to the location range of your scouting package - your division, your country, continental, world etc. It does not mean ‘in your financial range’.
  4. Today
  5. I think the manager job history page should have a better look and the trophies should be aligned in a place beside the current/ former club in a shelf- like style
  6. Well they have toned down injuries from realistic levels because players complained about them a lot. That is probably intertwined with gegenpress because you can push your team to play and practice with high intensity with no real downside. This combined with every joe and harry being able to execute a gameplan seamlessly for 90 minutes is quite different from real life where e.g Liverpool's fitness staff had concerns about Philippe Coutinho's ability to execute Klopp's system week-in week-out. In real life one player slacking can destroy the whole pressing system with disastrous consequences, not so much in the game. Finding and acquiring right kind of combination of skills, mentals, and physical ability to play this way is very hard, in real life. In the game any bigger club can find and purchase 22 of these beasts quite easily. 22 because now the already nerfed fitness issues are now completely removed, even if the team plays twice a week from august to june.
  7. It´s done to si cloud service as anonymos upload. Title is xxx (censored) – FortunaDüsseldorf_01.10.2031 2031.10.22.fm
  8. It's okay to admit that you are using the Daveincid realism mod. (joke)
  9. The fourth attempt succeeded and they cleared the debt as well! Also had a very good run in the FA Cup & FA Trophy which improved the bank balance even further so looking good on that front for the next couple of seasons! This probably means I can now add to an already improving team next season and challenge for the title! Although we had two great cup runs it had an adverse affect on our league campaign with a huge fixture pile up and we were playing games every 3 days and with a small squad my players were just knackered & having to rotate all the time it also affected team cohesion!
  10. Currently I know that you can improve commercial income with player purchases from certain countries; China, Korea, USA etc. I also see the pre-season messages re the most popular shirts, but I want more insight into this. I receive a notification of the expected commercial uptake for signing a player, but little else. I am playing with Real Madrid and my commercial income dropped by 40m in one year. I should be able to see how much commercial income a player is responsible for via a coach report or similar. I have no way of knowing why my commercial income dropped so significantly in one year other than guessing. The team only improved, winning the league and getting further in the Champions league, so I can only assume it was either a bug or as a result of a significant player sale. Currently the financial projections are also lacking. I am of the understanding that they do not include competition winnings. It would be better if we could overlay an assumption such as winning the league so we can create our own worst case/best case scenarios. I have previously tried to play the game based on the financial projections but their lack of reliability make this so inconsistent that it is not viable. Having discussions with the board over a long term strategy would be great; i.e. becoming a selling club, setting max transfer fees, signing players only under certain ages. I know these are available via the club vision, but prompting discussions ourselves would add another layer of immersion that would make the game more enjoyable for some who enjoy taking on challenges.
  11. I came to suggest something similar with the possibility to influence long term club vision. For example, if I build a team into a success, it would be great to set parameters on "ideal" characteristics. For example, think Stoke targeting tall and strong players, or Barca and Ajax targeting technical ability.
  12. Hello @Zachary Whyte, No, I am not using it to see what AI clubs are doing I am not able to see any other coaching staff who are not interested in joining my team as I mentioned earlier. If I uncheck the boxes of interested in joining the first team, interested in joining the reserves, and interested in joining the youth team no staff shows up which I have demonstrated in the attached video above.
  13. I would like to request the option to discuss a staff member's wage depends for an alternative non preferred role. Currently I do not have any idea what a staff member would want financially for an alternative role. For example, they may be the perfect Head of Youth Development, but have limited interest in the role. I want to be able to suggest this role and them give me a rough idea of wages before entering discussions. Currently, you have to offer absurd money with no idea if they will accept or simply terminate negotiations instantly. This isn't realistic - at the very least, they should come back and say "I have no interest at all in that role, but here's what I want for X role" or "I would need X as I have a minimal interest in this type of work". Them stopping the conversation makes staff negotiations very painful. This could also assist with changing existing staff roles. I often want to keep existing staff members but find them becoming obsolete as my club grows. I would like to be able to open a discussion re changing their roles without facing the same issue discussed.
  14. +1 on this. You should be able to create a job shortlist which comes up as an urgent inbox item that requires forced acknowledgement. This would be great for journeyman saves versus currently keeping constant eyes on the available jobs list (which admittedly can be limited to certain leagues, but this can still mean a large list depending on leagues loaded etc). Currently I ensure I "follow" the preferred next job clubs, but all this will do is create media articles in your feed, which can still be missed. I too have missed huge jobs because I haven't seen an article or have missed the job pop up in my available jobs list on my home screen.
  15. HI! Do you know if there exists a Swiss pyramid database that goes deep up to 5 Ligue (I mean, the one managed by associations régionales)?
  16. Thank you! Question: do you know if there exists a Swiss pyramid database that goes deep up to 5e Ligue (I mean, the one managed by associations régionales)?
  17. I have transfer budget of 38 Million. When my scouts come back with a list of potential choices, their top choice is always for a player who has a high transfer rate that’s double of what my budget is (say approximately $80 Mil +). When I select the option from the comparison-> other players, it still returns a list of players that are out range. Even when I select “Players in range”, it still brings back players that are more than my transfer budget, (even tho there are some cheaper players). My question is: How are players that are more than my transfer budget considered to be in range ?
  18. Can you go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024 Editor (or your equivalent folder) and run the exe from there? Maybe right click it and run as administrator? Or maybe you don't have enough RAM?
  19. Could you just set "team type" to reserve for the first entry? Shouldn't need fall-back teams (which I've never got working). There's more convoluted ways to do it with team pools and "ignore teams" entries but it would be more work
  20. Would only add that if the host nation's league hasn't ticked over yet you might need "get best team in competition" which I believe takes whoever's ranked 1st, while "best teams in division" is last year's champion. The registration issue sounds like it could be a date thing, like the hidden CWC rules are for a specific date range only maybe. For the playoff itself you could try using a different (more flexible) set of registration rules
  1. Load more activity