All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think this is it. Both combinations can work.. i've used an IW-S (with take more risks) on the same side as a Poacher and he scored for fun, but i've also played with a WP-S on the opposite to the AF and he hit some sweet diagonal balls.
  3. Hi guys, I’m playing an online game with my brother-in-law and am really enjoying it but I don’t think he is as much (he’s basically having a hard time with his team due to mainly bad luck). He set the game up and is the administrator/moderator and is the only one that can start and save the game. We agreed to play at least 2 seasons and then decide if we wanted to try a new save with new teams (which I think will happen sooner rather than later.) Anyway, my question is: if we decide to ditch this save and move on, is there any way I can save this ‘save’ locally on my machi
  4. the overall tax the same may well be a very good idea but it looks like the super tax goes after the super rich and thats where I believe we will see the best results for my project...operation- 'address the balance' aka 'smash the elite' I am also going to tweak it so it starts earlier than current game set up so I may well set it to start in 2019 so you then get to see immediate results as in my sims its the second season where it really kicks in, but I am using a custom start up date for lat May 2021 so that may well influence the first season I may just sim from a normal ga
  5. So I tried the tactic with Hertha, my childhood club since 25 years and wow. Bayern and BVB were terrible but I didnt expect to become champions in one season. Defensively the tactic is astounding and offensively the team picks up steam as it gains morale and cohesion. DOF is responsible for transfers and he bought me Brais Mendez in the winter break who was tremendous as the Attacking Midfielder. Thanks Davy for this brilliant working and brilliant looking tactic which doesnt use strikerless nonsense. Results are seen below.
  6. After some months away from Football Manager I've decided to get back into my Ultimate Challenge save. Look forward to reading some of the current attempts in this thread and cracking on again with my own save!
  7. Its definately a problem late in the game, i'm about 25 seasons into my save and alot of the big clubs play players way past their prime as its based on their high CA and reputation. For example i noticed Arsenal signed a 38 year old striker for £10.75M and played him in most of their league games getting 4 goals in 28 games. The player is still in the England squad too at 38. Its happened in all versions of FM and is one of the reasons why the game gets too easy when you manage a big club as you can easily create teams full of wonderkids while the AI teams end up being full of older play
  8. How are you guys coping with Brexit in-game? First window as a Prem side and can't get work permits for anyone, with English talent being massively overpriced. *Please note, I am not trying to be political.*
  9. A pretty one-sided QF and we're through to the semi-finals again. Last year we were beaten by Man Utd at this stage, now we'll face the other team from Manchester. League is close to being mathematically won. I would like to get the unbeaten season there:
  10. Here is the file with squad rule changes cheers Germany changes.fmf
  11. Indeed I can, they are quite big, because I can't be bothered by compressing them, so allow for some loading if you are on a slow line. Just had this lovely move. Did have to score on the rebound, but still a good example of central play. But this other goal was so much better. The opponent were sitting back a bit, so this was very satisfying to have. It's all about creating movement between the lines!
  12. if you manage a squad [I just took over a club on squad submission date] it wont let you exceed the wage cap..and so works as expected it stops you from submitting your squad until you are under the set amount however I am seeing this for some AI teams- Bayern clearly exceeding the cap and the selected players do play in league games and there is no punishment that I can see at the end of the season when they do this so 2 questions why is this happening and what is the point if there is no punishment cheers
  13. Currently playing as Tottenham in the 2020/2021 season. A goal for the 2021/2022 season is "Reach the latter stages of the Champions Cup" which is already marked as failed, and the board upset about it, in May 2021.
  14. Season 1 Pre-Season and Transfers Budgets and Board Vision Having a look over the first team we have quite a bloated squad but we do have cover in every position, the one position I was concerned about was GK as Gilks, Crellin and Jensen are all roughly the same ability and they're not very good. With not much budget to work with I may have to just concentrate on finding a GK only in Pre-Season. I expect we will be battling it out for promotion, the media predict us to finish 1st but the board are a little more realistic. Best 11 Transfers As mentioned
  15. Your setup of roles and duties really looks very good for a possession-based, short-passing approach you want to implement Instructions also make sense, although I would not insist on the WBiB at all costs (or at least not all the time). Because there will be situations when such instruction is likely to overcomplicate your attacking play and thus potentially do more harm than good.
  16. Central play is definitely improved compared to FM 20. Maybe @XaW can bless you with one of his glorious GIFs. Anyway, there's a free Demo available, so you can see for yourself.
  17. Today
  18. Your setup of roles and duties looks okay(ish) overall, but is not optimally suited to a short-passing game. I also don't see any particular reason for the use of wide(r) attacking width, especially as a regular part of the tactic. Instead, attacking width is the type of instruction that should basically be used/tweaked on a situational basis. Being that much specific when it comes to keeper distribution is something I personally would look to avoid as well. In short, your tactic already looks pretty decent and therefore should not require too much tweaking.
  19. I am a big proponent of using an Advanced Playmaker (support) in place of the Deep Lying Playmaker in systems like this. The DLP is obviously very cautious/stable as a second holding midfielder, but I don't think the AP is excessively aggressive with the good structure all around him. He has a bit more license to move to hurt the opponent and combine with the front 3. The AP plays in the space between your opponent's defence and midfield, and the DLP plays in the space between your defence and midfield. IMO, you want more of the former from one of the two "8s" in a 4-3-3.
  20. hello guys i need help i am new with moding I want to play FM21 with "custom/created league(DB file )" when i start the game i cant select them because they are available for 21.3 version of FM,and my version is 21.4,so how can i update league versions to i can use them on 21.4 How to change league prize money for finishing 1,2,3,4... on custom created league? how to change or remove limit for foreign players?
  21. I attach my screenshot, you can see I do not lie, I am with Kisvarda. Despite of this, I still like this game, but usually never quit when my team runs good form because of this...
  22. I tried to approach to sign regens with no contract and even when they accept the offer and I have WAY more money than the compensation fee is, the board sends me a message saying that I don't have enough money to pay the transfer, so the transfer is postponed. PS: can't seem to attach the file, because it says it's too big.
  23. I haven't bought FM 2021 yet, are chances created from central play increased in comparison to 2020? I can't seem to score from anything but crosses in this version
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?