All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi! The next update will come in the usual date, as stated in the previous post, on the 1st of May.
  3. Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.12.20.fm save file On the training screen my A team is shown as being on holiday break until Dec 24, with no training assigned until then. But when you move forward in time the game shows a current schedule that features a lot of training. My B and u19 team are not on holiday break, but the training schedule shown does not match the training schedules that either of those squads are assigned. Is my squad on break or training? FM24contpage.png screenshot shows the screen as the game moves forward in time and shows training, FM24training.png screenshot shows the training screen showing the team on break The volume of these minor issues adds up to something very confusing and aggravating! Feels like a severe absence of care quality control and customer respect in FM24, a purchase I deeply regret.
  4. no, i do not pay wages for sold players, maybe the bonus at signatures and agent fees in the contracts and yes I will check for the staff thing as 9cloud9 says, but I still would like to have a comprehensive understanding of this numbers. Even if for what I understood what we can do to control the expenses is 1) through the wages and staff salaries and 2) winning trophies?
  5. I like the 433 as can play around a lot with roles to try different things. Wanted to try and get a Treq working in wide areas but never managed it. My favourite formation was 4312 takes me back to Champ man 01/02 the cam with free role was deadly. Not managed to get in working this year. Like your idea of the SK,never had the player to do it but imagine it looks great in game.
  6. 2023: End of season update. We finished 12th in the MLS Supporters Shield but made it to the final of the US Cup and to the final of the MLS Western Conference. There is still a lot of work to do with this Portland team.
  7. You just got to love when a 166cm guy with 4 jumping reach and 9 heading out jumps a 188cm cb with 15 jumping reach and 15 heading on the back post.
  8. Today
  9. (FM24) Born & Bred ‘The Regionnaire Challenge’ – Part 14 March - April '26 So we head into the final eight games of the Midlands Football League Premier Division with a chance of promotion in our hands. A slim chance of automatic or the most likely outcome the playoff lottery... Birmingham-born Shilo Waldo who had an awesome two season before this banging in goals scored a brace on his return from injury which has hampered his goal scoring form of late. He goals helped the Peacocks beat Wolves Casuals 5-0 away from home. Craig Harris came off the bench and his impact delighted the fans with a late goal to give us all three points in the 1-0 victory over Shawbury United. At the Garden Walk, we made it three wins out of three with our form coming at the right time with other teams losing as we moved into 3rd place in the league table following a 4-2 win over Ludlow, thanks to Hereford-born Josh Hunt adding to his mass of goals, I think he's near 30 this season...March ended with another victory, now that's four out of four so far with Shilo Waldo getting a brace in the 4-1 win over AFC Wulfrunians meaning we still occupy 3rd place in the table. Also, in March saw Birmingham-born Kieren Westwood, Stafford-born and our captain Will Byers and Birmingham-born Jordan Wilson recalled to Mildenhall Town depart Gornal. This meant our Star-Boy Shilo Waldo is now the Peacocks captain. Our first red card of the season....Sutton-Coldfield born Alfie Toland saw red after his two footed challenge in the 12th minute and being the last man of course saw him walk off the Garden Walk pitch. However, the boys rallied together and came away with all three points in the 3-1 win over Atherstone. It was top versus third place in the league, the Peacocks against the Lions and we surprised a lot of media and myself as we secured all three points against Heanor Town who have been in bloody good form all season. They is still a very slim chance now of automatic put that win secured us at least a playoff place... The Peacocks were in control as Hereford Lads Club were brushed aside in a 3-2 victory before drawing against Bilston Town at home in a 2-2 draw. This meant we finished in 3rd place in the league on the final day of the season. And unfortunately that is where our story ends in the promotion playoff semi-finals....and the chance of making in three promotions in a row as that we bow out on penalties following 2-2 after 90 minutes. I am slightly gutted in a way that we have lost but in a way secretly happy so people don't think it's too easier or say I am cheating for getting three promotions in a row. Also below is how the league finished... End of season review... The Squad... Started the season 2025/26 Name Age Position Place of Birth Club Started at Raajan Gill 32 GK Birmingham Leicester City Dave Doherty 25 GK Droitwich Spa Droitwich Spa Lewis Fenney 32 GK Birmingham Cambridge City J’cee Abraham 25 DEF Birmingham Rotherham Jamie Smith 28 DEF Worcester Worcester City Jordan Till 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Brad Dorrington 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Michael Wells 15 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Alfie Toland 22 DEF Sutton Coldfield Dorchester Michael Franks 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Jamie Chisholm 24 DEF Birmingham Mansfield Town Tom Urwin 32 MID Stoke-on-Trent Stoke City Sam Belcher 32 MID Nuneaton Coventry City Dior Leese 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Sonny Parsons 21 MID Coventry Nuneaton Craig Harris 28 MID Shrewsbury Bishops Castle Jarrod Cadwallader 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Haden Creaney 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Glenn Dodd 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Paul Piper 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Jack Bloom 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Shilo Waldo 19 MID Birmingham West Brom Ashanti Ziglam 19 MID Birmingham CPA Gregor Walwyn 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Selcuk Aydemir 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Kalum Hemmingway 23 MID Sutton Coldfield Sutton United Kyle Carey 28 MID Coventry Coventry Sphinx Josh Hunt 31 FOR Hereford Hereford Edilson Panzo-Antonio 29 FOR Walsall Walsall Alex Maycock 15 FOR Dudley Gornal Athletic Signed during the 2025/26 Season Luke Downes 29 MID Coventry Coventry Sphinx Owen Bennett 24 DEF Birmingham Aston Villa Sufyan Zia 27 DEF Birmingham Bilston Town
  10. Sounds great! would like to read a bit about that part with training and DNA building.
  11. I had something similar. My player signed a new deal with me and picked me over a cinch premiership team. on July st he left for Scotland even though it said he was with me for 3 more years.
  12. how do I do this? i am happy to save you the trouble but I too have a team that has never had a U21 team in England and it won't let me use my tactics or picka team so I can't develop from within as easily. thank you!
  13. Hi, Sorry if this is not the right spot. Has anyone had a contract over-ridden with no notice? Where the player goes to a team after having accepted a new contract with you. I had a CB sign a new deal with me as to avoid him being poached into the cinch premiership. All of a sudden he is gone to Scotland. Unfortunately, I can't find the email that shows he committed to me instead of them. Essentially I signed him to a new deal and as of July 1st he is leaving even after he signed his new deal.
  14. It does happen in FM, but it's very rare. Like injuries (which happen less often than in real life), if goalkeeper red cards matched real life numbers, it would just cause people to get angry and complain about it.
  15. Does anyone know why this error message occurs every time I try to play a match? I’ve never had this problem before, been playing the game for years without a single error, now for some reason this crashing has appeared out of nowhere and happens on every save I have. I’ve cleared all the caches, removed the graphics and custom skins, clean installed all the folders etc but nothing makes a difference or resolves the issue. Game was working fine a week ago, now suddenly it crashes every time. Any help and advice is much appreciated thanks.
  16. hello One thing what is in my opinion missing in fm is that there is no red card for goalkepeer. At least during in my careers there was no red card for goalkepeer. regards Piotr
  17. Would make more sense to make it playable from the start, otherwise its essentially pointless. Having said that, it seems more like a personal file for just yourself, but I could be wrong.
  18. Yes. I tried change dates, move the update season 2.weeks more but still give me error
  19. Season 5 Review I rattled through the summer and into the new season without doing a preview of season 5, so here's everything that's happened since my last update. Including a debatable personal award, won after last season's exploits. As a result of last seasons return to European competition, and a summer clear out, we were able to invest some of the acquired funds into the club. I was able to convince the board to improve our Youth Training and Youth Recruitment. This means our current facilities are as follows: Good training facilities Good youth facilities Excellent academy coaching Excellent youth recruitment I'm pleased to be setting up the club with foundations for success in the long term, with the aim of becoming established as one of the stronger teams in Dutch football. Next summer hopefully we can get some movement on the facilities, as even though one of the required objectives of the board culture is to develop our own youth players, this was their response regarding youth facilities... Anyway, on to the summer clear out... Transfers Annoyingly (for ease of getting screenshots), I did most my business very early so they ended up counting as transfers for the season before. Outgoings dominated the window, so I'll start there. Out Berkay Gungor - His heroics in the European playoff final gave me a lot of joy, but I never trusted him to be a consistent performer, as shown by only making 2 starts last season. His value was high, despite some serious flaws in the mental side of his game, so I saw an opportunity to cash in on another homegrown player. He joined Paris FC for €2.2m, a healthy fee for someone I would not ever have considered first choice. He's gone on to do well there, so win-win. Lars David - This one did leave my feeling a little sad. I've regularly tried to give him opportunities since the start of the save, and he is technically an outstanding prospect. But his development has been slow, and it was becoming harder and harder to give him minutes. There was never any interest in taking him on loan for some reason, so when a decent bid came in I decided to let him go, mainly because I thought it would be the best thing for his development. €750k, plus a percentage of his next sale seemed fair. Unfortunately, he's barely played for his new club and I think that may be the final nail in his developmental coffin. Resley Kessels - A pretty similar situation to the one I've outlined above. Kessels spent the last 2 years out on loan, and failed to pull up many trees. There is clearly talent there, but he's hindered by a lack of determination and weak physicals. There were times throughout the busy periods of the season where he likely would have got opportunities, and I had a bit of regret about letting him go too soon. €1.1m I felt was too much to turn down in the name of promise, and so Resley went to Austria. I never enjoy letting academy players go, but I think I made the right call in terms of maximising their value to the club and cashing in at the right time. It means in the last 2 seasons we've made over €8m from academy players, which has sustained the club, and covered running costs for the academy. As well as these 3 sales, there was the usual loans and a couple of smaller sales of young players with limited futures. In We had plenty of funds to play with (by our standards), and we ended with an influx of Swedes! Bilal Hussein - He nearly joined last summer, but at that time we struggled to meet his wage demands. Purchased from recently relegated Fortuna Sittard for €975k (bear in mind we sold them Lars David for 750k), he can cover Odriss at DLP as well as play right back. And just about every other position on the pitch. Always nice to have someone so versatile in the squad. Daniel Svensson - Left back has always been a pretty well stacked position in our squad, but when a player as rounded as Daniel becomes available for free, and sits comfortably within our wage structure, it felt too good an opportunity to turn down. A naturally attacking, overlapping left back is something I've not used in the save, so he gives us a different option. Felix Lange - Another free, another Swede. This time from Wolfsburg, Felix is now the most complete central defender at the club in my opinion. In the end, I barely spent any money and so the club had a very healthy balance of around €8m-€9m in the bank. I failed again to find a striker that was both good enough to improve on what we had, and available in our budget. I got very excited at the prospect of signing Rodrigo Muniz on a free after being released by Fulham. His ability to play pretty much any role up top, including a complete forward, is exactly what I want. But his wage demands of €17k per week were too much for us (our top earner makes €8k). In the end he joined West Brom, on €52k per week. It served a stark reminder or where we're operating, and even though a return to Europe meant we now attract a higher calibre of player, financially we're limited. Going into the start of the season this is how I envisaged us lining up: I wanted to get the most of van Zutphen, and a back three allows him to have more protection from his physical flaws, and at WCB he can also make use of his ball playing skills. New signing Daniel Svensson can then also be unleashed as wing back on the last hand side. This is a departure from what I've done for the first 4 seasons, where Janssen would tuck in on the left, and van Aken would overlap on the right. Janssen moves into central midfield therefore, to make it an all homegrown midfield two. Smans stays up top for now. European Campaign Our season started early with the qualifying rounds of the Conference League. We failed to make it into the League Phase in our first attempt two seasons ago, so that was the aim this time. Fortunately a kinder drawn meant gave us a good opportunity. Levi Smans put on a masterclass away in Greece against AEK which helped book our slot in the league phase. That led to a €15m bid from Monchengladbach on deadline day, luckily he wasn't massively interested so I batted it away. It was my first ever taste of the new European system on FM, and we struggled initially. We were fortunate to draw at home to Genoa and then were comprehensively beaten in Portugal by a very good Vitoria team. Smashing FCSB renewed my confidence, and we ended with a respectable 10 points from 6 games, and 16th position meaning we'd play in the next round. Swiss side Luzern were dispatched of with ease in both legs, which took us to the Round of 16 versus Danish side FC Midtjylland. Interestingly, the Danes actually topped the league phase as the only team to win 6 from 6, and so I expected a couple of difficult games. We lost both 2-1, but gave as good as we got and arguably were the better side across the two legs. At home in particular, the xG was 2.13 vs 1.3. In the end I'd put it down to the quality of player on each side. They took all the chances they were presented with, whilst we were wasteful in both games. But to make it this far was a brilliant effort from such a young group, almost all of whom have had no European experience. The benefits to the club's reputation and finances should stand us in good stead to make European football a regular occurrence. Domestic Campaign Despite last year's 7th place, the media only fancied us for a bottom half finish of 12th. I expected a tough season with all the European games, and we were operating with the smallest squad we've had to date. We ended in 8th, meaning a third ride in the European playoffs. At the start of the season I'd have probably accepted a good European run, and maintaining a similar league position. After all, 50 points is our best total so far in the top division. However, it felt for a long time that we'd be able to qualify automatically for Europe, potentially even the Europa League. At Christmas we were 4th, leading the chasing pack behind the three usual suspects. You can see all our league results here. Things hadn't been perfect, and I was tweaking my tactics a lot in search of more clean sheets. This mainly meant operating with a lower block, and deeper back line. I thought that would suit the wingback system, but it seems we aren't very good at soaking up pressure, and the more we invite teams onto us the worse we play. In the end I just accepted we might concede regularly, but as long as we were getting results I could look past it. The heavy rotation demanded by Europe probably also played a part in a lack of fluency, and by the winter break it did feel as though the squad was being seriously tested. We ended up crashing out the Dutch Cup in the second round, which was the last game before a well needed festive rest. In the second half of the season we managed to maintain our position in the automatic slots largely, before failing to win any of the last 5 games which saw us tumble down to 8th, and spot in the familiar playoffs. We've won the European playoffs twice, but momentum wasn't feeling great going into them this time. A third success from as many attempts in the playoffs would have been quite something, but it wasn't to be this time. Coming up against NEC, a team I find we often struggle against, we didn't have enough. I actually thought we played really well, especially considering our poor form in the lead up. On general play I thought we were the better side, but a terrible 5 minutes before half time took the game away from us. Rasmussen and Svensson, who have often been our key attacking threats, both had poor games and ended up being subbed which is disappointing in such an important game. After enjoying our European run so much I'm really disappointed not to get another go next season. Player Performance Goalkeepers Benjamin Ballis didn't have as strong a season as last time out, but then defensively as a team we were poorer so that has to be taken into account. The real conundrum here is when to throw the gloves to Arjen Post. His development hasn't been as rapid as I first imagined, and I think he needs first team football sooner rather than later. There has been minimal interest in a loan, so maybe we throw him in the deep end? Ballis is going into the last year of his contract, so do we cash in? One to think about on the summer holidays. Defenders Felix Lange was the stand out here. Since signing in the summer his development has been outstanding, consistently topping training reports and already earning himself a new contract to ward off potential suitors. Diego van Zutphen had a stronger season as a wide centre back, as I'd hoped. Max Rosenfelder and Finn van Breemen are both going into the last years of their contracts, and Finn is most likely to leave. Kofi Amoako, naturally a midfielder, was a success at right centre back. In the wing back positions, Daniel Svensson was the star. Signed on a free, from left wing back he got 18 goal contributions (6 goals, 12 assists). On the other side, Jurre van Aken has consistently developed since joining two seasons ago from AZ, but doesn't have the consistent attacking threat Svensson has. Bilal Hussein did his best work from right wing back, though he also operated in central midfield. Midfielders The star of the team was undeniably Rasmussen. From the right hand side he was stop scorer with 22 goals in all competitions, regularly proving to be a match winner. Unfortunately in January he declared he would consider his options at the end of his contract, and then before the final game of the season decided he wanted to leave as soon as possible to a bigger club. It was a gutting moment, and I'm annoyed with myself for allowing him to get into the last two years of his contract. Replacing those 22 goals for the €6.5k per week he's currently making is going to be tough going. Simon Janssen had his best season to date after moving into central midfield from his previous left back slot, which is perhaps slightly embarrassing for his manager who took so long to try him there... Mohammed Odriss was his usual consistent self, though his development seems to have stopped with him still slightly lacking in the technical areas. Marchus Melchior and Ringo Meerveld both had strong seasons operating as a playmaker from the left hand side. Forwards Levi Smans continue to grow into his role as talisman, having by far his best season in terms of output with 19 goals and 5 assists. Ali Rami, a free transfer from SC Cambuur last season, offered something different from the bench, scoring mainly as an impact sub. Rami is not the type of striker I've used so far in this save, though he clearly has big potential so we shall see how his situation at the club develops. Looking Back Taking a step back, it was a strong season. It's a shame though it could have been a great one if we'd gotten back into Europe. With Rasmussen deciding to leave we're going to have to do well over the summer to replace him and stop the team from regressing. He should demand a hefty fee though, so there will be funds to work with. I have a clear idea in my mind of areas I'd like to improve, whether we're able to find players who are improvements within our budget is another question entirely...
  20. The third in-season update always tends to be rooted around the youth intake, which, as you can see if you've skim read the images here, is no different. However, the relationism idea, as posted by @Slipky, has stuck in my head and I've been really intrigued - technically - about what we're doing. Looking through the linked article, I can absolutely see elements of this in my build up ethos and want to further explore managers and case studies of this. The one quote, below, has particularly stuck with me: "Relationism is about movement and change. It is a process of becoming rather than of being." However, this has, obviously, come at a time whereby we're absolutely on fire. No defeats in the twelve games here with strong progress in the league - tight at the back and free flowing and somewhat chaotic going forward - combined with strong results when tested against Europe's best. New signings Ozguneri and Khuroshvilli have both got themselves on the scoresheet and my approach at quite regular rotation has seen goals for D'Anzi - getting important minutes - and Arkine's return to form. I still think that the Bundesliga title is out of our reach - despite this strong run, Dortmund have matched it and still are clear of us. It feels almost a wasted opportunity in a season like this where Bayern are unusually poor but we just cannot usurp the Vincenzo Italiano-led outfit, who are free scoring at present, too. Overall - things are looking great on the pitch! Earlier this week, I saw - on X - a newgen that @danielgear had in his QPR save. Whilst I can't quite say that my intake trumps that, in having a fifteen year old already being the best player at the club, I can come pretty close in terms of current ability levels! The entire youth intake doesn't feel as well rounded as previous years, but I have come to accept that, with a near elite team, this will always look harder. However, it is the three lads, below, who I am quite excited about: I actually do not think I have ever seen a 15-year old who is as good as Jakub 'JJ' Jakush. There's a couple of areas to work on - of course - but he's well rounded and already really strong in the attributes that I value in my most advanced forward. If he has the potential and can fulfil all five stars of it, I think that he's going to be absolutely world class. I can't play him until he's reached sixteen but I may give him a run out in a Champions League tie to just give him that debut I think he's nearly ready for! Carlo Redzepagic will likely go on to become Luxembourg's best ever player and, despite being a little weak, is already looking superb for a ball playing defender. Without the progressive carrying ability of a Libero, I think I can really work to create the deepest, but the most composed, of the backline. Whilst not as strong, I like the look of Dioguinho - who'll learn to play across the three attacking mid roles and even a low-rated Leon Werth looks like he could become a bit of a decent forward. Overall, that gives our U19 team strongest XI this look; a team that, no doubt, could compete at the 3.Liga level. Still though, I want to keep us without a II team so I can fastrack progression into the first team. This decision comes off the back of what is, frankly, an absurd amount of talent coming into our team directly from our youth system. The list, below, does not even include the likes of Salman Kuczmann, who may be sold and both Sulley and Angerer, yet to break into the first team properly but shows the graduating year of the seven academy players currently within the first team: 2032/33 - Francesco D'Anzi and Joel Kahl 2031/32 - Maik Vogel 2030/31 - Noa Nikolic and Simo Bjorklund 2027/28 - Archie Reckert 2025/26 - Jordan Bangura The squad DNA (remember, not necessarily a marker of quality) continues to grow and, overall, the potential within the team is rising - allowing me time to explore progression routes and tactical styles for now and for in the coming years. Whilst my playing speed has significantly dropped of late due to real life getting in the way, I am as committed to this Leverkusen project as I ever have been! Die Werkself!
  21. I probably won't to be honest, as going through matches, recording clips, and putting together a detailed breakdown is a fair bit more effort than I'm personally willing to put into a post on a forum about a game I sometimes play. Aside from not knowing how to do half of that in the first place, I'm pretty lazy at the best of times! But you could maybe try some of the suggestions in the thread, such as playing about with width, focus, and role settings and hopefully finding your examples firsthand.
  22. FM24.4 ME24.2 WOF 424 P V12 TH P100 C FM24.2WOFKnap 424 P V12 TH P100 C.fmf
  23. Bonjour, Voilà qui pourrait servir pour la MAJ de l'année prochaine ou autre, un analyste U19 du LOSC est manquant (Thonin Broutee) : Cordialement.
  1. Load more activity