Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Here were Danny Lloyds stats since starting with Salford. Pretty impressive for a left winger Simon Le Heffy https://bit.ly/2GnnWJ3
  3. I am a newbie to FM (only started playing a few weeks ago). I want to use Messi in the False 9 role as Guardiola did. What should I consider before setting up my tactic? Also, is it possible to form a diamond in the centre by using the False 9 or will I have to drop Messi into the AM strata?
  4. Having reached the end of the January transfer window, I took advantage of review to add a few more players to the list of players out on loan This gives us a total of 23 players who are not at the club currently, with those listed previously still being away. The big points to note are that (26g) Hall has gone from the main squad fringes to Progres, and (26c) Borner has done similar but to Fola Esch. Two more rotational players struggling to play for me are now at teams fighting to reach the final European space. During the season we managed to secure an affiliation with US Hostert having lost our previous deals due to promotions. Most of the other players are in the 1-2* CA rating range but queued behind better players, so it continues the aim of getting playing time
  5. The problem with dropping off is that you give the opposition time to make a considered pass, as opposed to sometimes a panicked pass when pressed. You also give the opposition the chance to waste time. If you play a high defensive line and give the opposition time to make considered passes, you become vulnerable to long through balls. My personal experience with low defensive lines are bad, but maybe it works for others. Aubameyang's pace is great when you use him in a high pressing game. Sometimes he wins the ball high up the pitch, but most of the times he helps in making the opposition lose the ball because of bad decision making. If you don't win the ball back with counter-pressing, you get plenty of chances to hit the opposition on the break when they lose the ball in midfield or attack. That's when a direct passing style comes in handy. Emery is also a fan of intense pressing high up the pitch after having lost the ball, even if it doesn't always show in real life at the moment.
  6. Very much sounds like it's related to the sheer quantity of trialists and the inbox being unable to handle that many coming in on the same day. If you cancel say 100 of the trialists, do you encounter the same issue? Would be worth uploading your save game to our Cloud and letting us know the file name so we can take a look. Details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/ Thanks.
  7. That may be unrelated to the other issues - try deleting your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if it makes any difference - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/182_mac/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r640/ Let us know how you get on. Thanks.
  8. I meant that the simulation times could've been fixed too, with a whopping 48GB total processing power we should be able to simulate days faster. nevertheless thanks for the feedback, and i disabled the pictures for newgens.
  9. I read 7 pages still no idea how to set up a system that brings possession with intent. Nowhere are role combinations that should help or something else stated by the op, nothing. Still having 35% at home against teams that play on Defensive mentality and just pass the ball around in their half, even with maximum LOE and D-Line.
  10. I don’t think the trouble will come centrally but from wide areas. Personally I’d say the central midfielders roles & duties distribution is ok. Do you have Spurs as a reference for the style of football and player roles or just the formation? I’m sure we’re playing wingbacks not wide midfielders.
  11. I'd do it manually through player search. Make sure you've got a youth scouting package that covers France, untick the "realistic transfer / realistic loan" boxes, search "nationality - partially - French" and "nationality - partially - Basque" and put an age limit on it, i.e. 18. Then just highlight them all (there won't be many) and scout them. I'd do similar for Spanish ones too, just to check for the odd one that pops up outside of the Basque clubs. I don't bother about JPA / JPP if I have a good coach for it (or just set my HoYD to do coach reports).
  12. Just caught up on this. I hope you are still progressing with it?
  13. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have managed to reproduce this using the save file provided and it is now under review.
  14. The crash dump file is attached to this thread. When I go on vacation I crash on the same date. I have not tried going past that date without vacation because on that day I have to confirm 150 trialists and that would take a while. I have also attached the application error I receive just before it crashes. Thank you FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.18 18.18.23).dmp
  15. @MatthewS17 what sort of role DM are you using? Because that changes what sort of player you need. I haven't had a good look at him but I'd see Rodri as a slightly less technical version of Sergio Busquets. Ndombele isn't a DM at all really, unless you use a Segundo Volante. He's a CM playmaker but his Knocks Ball Past Opponent trait makes him a little bit direct.
  16. If you want Ozil’s creativity and Aubameyang’s pace, why don’t you drop off and let the opponent come at you more? At the moment you press & push high up the pitch so you’re likely to play in the opponent’s half so how is Aubameyang pace going to be useful in those situations? Just giving you a slightly different idea.
  17. Im back on the public beta, game runs ok but I can only run the graphics on high and not very high..
  18. I agree (and even NCB is different in FM19), but my remark related to this concrete sentence: But now that he explained the reasoning behind, I guess it's okay
  19. pond is another good player for salford for me
  20. That explains why he always gets offers from north of the border after the first season. He's really difficult to keep hold of
  21. Hi @amberhelix Thank you for all the information you've provided on this. Have you got the save game that displays the above behaviour when you load it? From what you've said so far, it seems as though this may well just be an issue with the description displayed rather than the actual facilities rating. If you upload your save I'll have a look and see what's going on - instructions on how to upload saves can be found via the link below. Cheers, Andrew
  22. Thank you for the replies, I've since found a 20 year old left footed right back who I reckon could be retrained.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?