All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Luversense - Brazil - 2035 - Season 9 - Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (Tier 1) - 10th Almost the Copa Libertadores. We had a really poor start to the season. At one point we were playing 4 games a week - Brazilian Serie A, State Championship, Cope Libatadores Group Stage and Briazilian Cup. Despite rotation and resting, the players were tired and we were near relegation after 10 games. After the group stage ended, our form came back and we slowly moved up the table. We finished mid table but that doesn't qualify us for the Copa Libertadores next season. In the Copa Libatadores we made unspectacular progress. We were losing our away leg but then managed to win the tie at home in the quarters and semis against good Brazilian teams. We then faced Vasco de Gama in the final who were only one place above us in the league. It was an opportunity we couldn't take and they shaded a close game. So we have two more seasons at least. At least 4 of our players are refusing to sign contracts but they are on long contracts at least. I think 2 more seasons and we can challenge. I will need to rotate more at the beginning of the season. A very poor youth intake. Barbosa is making slow progress but still score 17 in the top flight this season. More to come I'm sure. The whole of Europe is after this guy. I rejected a bid from Real Madrid and he wasn't happy.
  3. Perfect talk but in the game it doesn't work. My experience unfortunately says you can't control anything, just press everywhere and run. That's it, that's fm24 unfortunately.
  4. Jerusalem Of Gold September 2024 Transfer We brought in another keeper to challenge Uphoff, because the squad was concerned that there was not enough depth in the goalkeeper department. So we signed Ogundare. Results We won the Aluf HaAlufim again for what it´s worth. Then we went on to beat HJK, Cluj and even Shakthar to reach the Champions League League Phase. We received around 20M for that alone! League Table 2 games, 2 wins. So far, so good. Europe Tough opponents there but we want the challenge.
  5. I want to set new European club competitions, that is required to go to advanced Editor. For me, the Advanced Editor is this horrid and confusing monster, that I have yet to beat. Anyway, I want the loosing teams from the first Qualifying round of Champions League getting qualify for the Conference League. How do I do that?
  6. It's different for everyone. Here's mine: I am a sucker for roleplaying, been doing it on FIFA for years and finally decided to try FM, I have been playing FIFA Manager 2013 with mods before, Explaining it in a list is easier. Before starting any saves, do your research, for example: I once watched/read about AFC Wimbledon famous Crazy Gang in the 80s where they beat Liverpool in the FA Cup. Read the history from wikipedia and some key historic players from transfermarkt. Determine style of play or club culture, usually related to player's attribute I am going to focus on. In this case, Aggressiveness is key to build a culture of dirty players. Pick several other key attributes/traits to focus on building the team, this will infect our scouting, transfer, and training preferences. Choose an ex player/manager from that famous era. If there's no one good enough for a story: (like in this case Vinny Jones is an actor so it's quite unrealistic for him to be a manager) Browse the club legendary players and find one you'd like. You now have your chosen club, culture, and manager to start. For more immersion, download a cutout image of the manager you're roleplaying as. Use the image to generate 3d face, and as your manager profile picture in game. This method allows me to not focus on wonderkids and min-maxing stuffs but instead have a storyline to built upon, thus making it more interesting. Currently I am on save of Ryan Shawcross taking over Stoke City as the manager. He's been taking coaching licenses since he's on Inter Miami and currently is the Youth Coach of Stoke's IRL. He's famous for the dirty tackles on several Arsenal players, been on the squad at their prime Premier League era. So based on all that, I know what tactics, training, player's attributes I am going to focus on. There are tons of new save story I'd like to do, here are some of them: Andres Iniesta taking over Barca and focuses on using all La Masia (Youth) players, using Tiki Taka of course. Gareth Bale managing Cardiff City since he is one of their Youth products and was born there. He'll focus on improving youth products to help improve Wales player quality. His culture is using any tactics focusing attacking from the wing, primary player attribute to search for are Pace and Acceleration since Bale is one of the fastest footballers of all time. Thierry Henry managing AS Monaco, already happened actually IRL but he failed to impress anyone. My plan is for him to focus on Monaco's youth and improve France's youth players aswell. In the long term, he'll take the job at Arsenal to finally try on the Zidane's path of glory as player and manager.
  7. Nah, that just happens for the first few weeks after you take over a new club. Wait a couple of months and the option pops back up.
  8. @AlfyDoor No or change at your own risk No tactical changes by AM. However it is always worth experimenting to form your own opinion.
  9. We miss Out on Tanganga! Scarlett To Southampton! Luton Keep Watch On Devine!
  10. Hello, this is odd, not one I've seen before. This would look to be a UI issue instead of anything gameplay related, so your squad is on holiday.
  11. SEASON 2023/2024 Spurs Out of FA Cup But Cruising In League! King & Huddlestone Win Awards!
  12. Hello. When you say that AI transfers are broken in Saudi Arabian db after 2 years, means that AI doesn't do ANY transfers between teams after 2 years????? If yes, is it the case with the specific file, or generally?
  13. For your first point, you mean when testing/verifying your files? For your second point, I second that.
  14. Hi. I did try looking through the forum, but there's a helluvalot here! So apologies if these general questions have (likely) been asked many times. Is it ever ok to change roles in a tactic - eg AF to poacher etc? so long as you keep attack or support etc? I know it's recommended that you don't let the "Assistant Manager" do tactical briefings or opposition instructions and change the tactic, but how about the advice he gives throughout a game - try direct passing, man-mark/close down etc? Do they change things for the worse? I'm still on FM20! Cheers Ray
  15. Generally speaking, my objective is to start unemployed and find a job. Then buy and develop players based on my preferred tactic/philosophy etc. Then realistically progress with the club each season, or via another job vacancy/opportunity, to reach the top of the game. You create a world of your own with stories all over. Favourite players, records and rivalries.
  16. Today
  17. And it's not just Ajax doing this. PSV as well. PSV B has 54 players. PSV's first team have 0 players under the age of 23. Within these B/Jong clubs, they are many players who don't get to play football at all! Jong PSV have 18 players who haven't touched grass yet. Top clubs, with high youth importance and have 'develop youth' as a club culture, can't develop their own. With no youth players in the first team, am I right in also saying they're not even setting up mentoring groups? At least with the younger players as they would have to be in the first team for that. A manager like Frank de Boer (Ajax current manager in my game) has 'use young players in low priority cups' but Ajax don't have any. Just Dutch and UCL which aren't low priority to Ajax. My last screenshot, you can see Ajax team in their first round of the Dutch Cup. Played their strongest possible team just 3 days after a league game and 2 days before another league game. After the cup game, it's left a star player and an important player in need of a rest while having so many players in those positions fit (but not match fit as they can't get a game).
  18. Bedfont - Lower League Regionnaire Where I try to take Bedfont to the top with only Greater London born players! Welcome to the Bedfont - Lower League Regionnaire, where as stated above I will building Bedfont up from the Combined Counties League Division One all the way to the dizzy height of the Premier League using only players and staff (myself excluded) born in the Greater London region. In this part I will go over our progress since the last update and look at what the board expect of us and their 5 year plan for the club. Progress As you can see another dominant month in the league, however in there is a loss to Corinthian in the Izuzu FA Vase First Round. Lets take a look at the stats of that match and see what happened. As you see match stats wise were very evenly matched with Corinthian and the momentum graph shows that Corinthian edged us in general play. Within the match they got in behind with incisive passes for both goals and had the quality to just tear us apart for most of the match. I was quite shocked by the step up in how much better they are than teams in my league, as they are only a tier above us, I thought we would be able to win the game. When we went 2-0 down I started making changes in the tactic regularly, these experimental and constant changes eventually worked about half way through the second half and I learned a lot from this defeat. Board Expectations and 5 Year Plan Looking at the defeat to Corinthian is a good segue into looking into the expectations of the board for this season and their 5 year plan for the club. As you can see the board are OK with me getting beaten by Corinthian as we just about did their objective of Isuzu FA Vase proper. We are also on course to exceed our other two objectives set by the board and blowing the whole 5 year plan out the water. They would be mad to not sign me on another deal towards the end of the season. That is all for this update, thanks for reading yet again. Stay tuned for the next update, which as usual will be when I am able and willing.
  19. Hi @Mini_Steelhammer We have done substantial testing and have not found, nor believe there is any ‘Bugs’ to fix. In the winter update we increased the average the number of recommendations and near matches. The current system is working as intended, as it was in FM23 when scouting was revamped and recruitment focuses were introduced.
  20. As you say, players like Endrick and Arder Guler will develop because of their decent starting CA, extremely high PA mixed with high rep. You mentioned smart loans. My typical experience - finding a talented young player at Man Utd, for example, available on loan. Spends a season with us, develops nicely and gets high avg rating. Try to loan back but get told he's now part of the first team plans. As the season goes on, he doesn't play and back on the loan list. I try and loan again but I get told they want the player in a different environment. As no other teams want the player, he's now stuck on the loan list, not playing games. I like the fact you can't rinse and repeat loan deals but situation like this doesn't make sense to want the player in a different environment when there's no other interest. They think it's better for the player to not play over loaning back to the same team where he can develop and get closer to his PA. I'm currently Sparta Rotterdam - Ajax in my save have failed to develop or look to develop a single player. Hato plays as he starts as one of the better players anyway. But a team like Ajax should be given youngsters opportunities. Their average age in my game is quite high which isn't a major problem. But, their squad building is very telling in which direction they're going and it's not to develop youth which should be Ajax's focus (and is their in-game culture). They have 3 players 30 or over in their first-team squad. Not a single player under 20. Most being between the ages of 25 and 29. Jong Ajax is stacked with players who are too old for u18s and didn't make it to the first team. Currently 57 players in Jong Ajax and seeing some of the names in their squad is a shame to see. A lot of wasted talent when Ajax could've easily used some rather than playing players who are in need of a rest because they have higher PA/rep. Rayane Bounida, Ethan Butera, Benjamin Tahirovic, Silvano Vos. Avery Appiah, Mika Godts, Tommy Setford, Kian Fitz-Jim, Julian Rijkhoff.... My feedback would be that AI squad building is still far off from being at a decent balance (not just based on this example). Improvements were made but really that's the minimum expectation.
  21. Here's a situation: it's deadline day. An offer came in for a player, and I agreed, subject to getting a replacement. I identified a replacement and agreed an offer, only for the transfer to be nixed owing to insufficient funds. Funds that would be available in the event that the transfer goes through. So I'm trying to persuade the board to make the deal and they refuse, and I end up resigning over it (then reloading ).
  22. Good to know there some of you still play it. I feel less alone Great. Same year here, with Groningen
  23. else have a look in a skin that has it and see how the scoreboard file is made.
  24. Yeah I think the whole thing is a bit wonky - the Salary cap/limit stuff does not recalculate very well in FM (still, an issue for two or three editions in a row now); feels like it's really difficult to get clubs into a healthy position financially - albeit, as others have said, "In Spain? Surely not"
  25. Hi @Mini_Steelhammer This issue was resolved in a previous update in late November.
  26. Tapping the 'space' bar should pause the game.
  1. Load more activity