All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You’ve got 5 players attacking tbe same narrow area around the edge of the box and the other 5 sitting back defending. Your wide players aren’t Wingers they are Inside Forwards, so basically wide strikers, not creators. You have no-one providing width and no-one linking defence and attack. Suggestions (without knowing your players: * turn one of your IF into a Winger * make the FB on the opposite side to your winger either a FB-A or a Wing Back * put the Mez on the same side as your Winger, not the side of the IF * play your other CM as an AP, on support for most games or attack against weaker teams
  3. Livorno | Season 2026/27 | Serie C/B Same place and even same amount of points as last season, keeping a safe position until youngsters are ready to boost us. Coppa Serie С Won the first game in three years. Squad stats Just like in our first season, Giordani finished as the best goalscorer and Bartolini had the highest rating. Both of them and our best assistant Curcio are well over 30, that's really concerning as well as the fact that our best scoring striker Henrique didn’t sign a new contract and leaves to Brazil. Transfers Youth intake (preview) Hyseni *27a | Aziri *27b | Maiolo *27c | Malotti *27d | Girotto *27e | Bertini *27f Two wingers lead this intake, so I guess we’ll change from our current narrow formation in a few seasons. Also we got first two players poached (they don’t look very promising anyway) and signed a new HOYD – model citizen Daniel Congre. First notable achievement for the academy - our U20 team won promotion to the third tier. Another recruitment upgrade.
  4. There's no shame mate, in fact at the beginning of the learning curve it is an almost mandatory step to reduce the waste of time compared to the trial and error approach (and less frustrating). I myself did this in my first steps into the world of FM. Even now I regularly check here and on the web if there are interesting topics regarding aspects that I have always paid little attention to or which I have never dealt with, and I often discover and learn new things that improve my gaming experience even after 15+ years of FM
  5. November 2027 Real already with 5 losses and we got 5 pt lead to Barca. Looking good. Coming Up
  6. (FM24) Born & Bred ‘The Regionnaire Challenge’ – Part 4 Welcome back! We are now on Part 4 of ‘Born & Bred’ FM24 blog series. If you missed the last part, please catch up here or if you’re completely new to ‘The Regionnaire Challenge‘, then here is a link to the introduction. The vultures have circled around my best players during the last four games of the season but how many departed? Did we managed to secure the title of the West Midlands (Regional) League Division One unbeaten... Before we get into it, here is a quick reminder of the restrictions that have been opposed upon me as Peacock manager. I can only sign players that were born/raised in the West Midlands. Basically the same concept as Athletic Club de Bilbao, where only players with Basque nationality are permitted to sign and play for the club. Youth Intake... There were 16 players in the youth intake and out of them, only 10 were born in the West Midlands region. All 10 players below were born in Dudley and all signed youth contracts until the end of next season. So, at least I have players some players for the end of run in and for next season too... April '24... In the final four games we won all four of them. The Peacocks won against Pelsall Villa 4-1, with Nuneaton-born Harry Jackson getting a brace before he departed the club. Then, an away tie against Warstones Wanderers 5-2 with Birmingham-born Jayden Allamby-John scoring a brace. The Gornal Colts game was not int he script in the first half as that we were two nil down and looking like we were going to lose our first game of the season. However, a few strong words and we hit four in the second half to win 4-2. In the final game of the season saw us lift the league title following a 3-2 win over FC Darlaston. West Midlands (Regional) League Division One... Champions of the WMRL Division One because it's a mouthful saying it every time. We won the league by going unbeaten winning 27 and drawing the other three games. Credit to Bromyard Town who hunted us down all season and us beating them earlier in the season was key as that we finished first by three points. Squad... The Peacocks had 28 players in during this first season and as per usual the vultures circled and ended up picking off 11 players near the end of the season. Stats... Two Birmingham-born players top the clubs charts and I managed to keep hold of both of them until the end of the season. Shilo Waldo scored 23 goals, who started life out at the Baggies and Jayden Allamby-John assisted 28 times and was a former Saddler. End of Season Review... Final Words… All updates on this series will be posted on here, also on the Sports Interactive Community page & in the FM Library Discord channel… In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback, questions and don’t forget to subscribe and hit the like button. All previous FM blogs can be found here and you can follow me over on X here.
  7. IRL, Athletic Club often re-sign players who didn't quite make the grade during the first spell at the club - Gorka Guruzeta and Inigo Ruiz de Galarreta being two current examples. Has anyone had this happen in their save? He left FOUR seasons ago, and has been at his current club the best part of two years.
  8. Dream Debut For Our Keeper @Jimbokav1971 doing you proud. A clean sheet and a goal on his debut for our keeper!
  9. Both of your IF got competitors for the sapces they'd like to exploit (CMa for IFs and AFa for IFa), and as said by @jeru everybody are more prone to look for opportunities for themselves rather than creating them for other teammates. Furthermore you're playing on the front foot with lines and OoP TIs and are asking your players to dribble more towards the opponent's defence, but at the same time you ask them to pass in spaces that most likely don't exist as you squeeze your opponent into their final third. It's a bit demanding if you're not an elite team I'd add some variety in roles, for example Ruggeri as WBa bombing forward and Ederson as CMs holding position, letting IFs to come inside with some room to play in, Baldanzi as Mez-a and Barbosa as IWa with stay wider PI overloading the right side and opening the channel, and Parisi (left footed) could be a perfect IWBs if played on the right flank
  10. Decided to give this a go, will be playing in England, reset date has come about and I've decided to take the Folkestone job, wish me luck!
  11. Everyone Likes An Underdog It would be nothing short of a miracle if we survive!
  12. @szymunk I would say that there are few things going on here some tactical and some outside of the tactics that are causing your poor ratings. if looking solely at ratings you have to accept that FM will penalise ratings if players lose headers in the case of leonardo and barbosa they will have problems with ratings if they don’t score or assist, that unfortunately is just a quirk of FM. also you are in February in second place which means pressure comes into the equation all your matches now will be affected by the big match rating of the players that can also affect performance. Tactically I would say you have too many players focused on scoring and not enough on creation AF IF CMA all focus on scoring and also MEZ and IFS to a slightly lesser extent are still very attacking roles, you need to balance it a bit. I don’t know all of your players but you need less focused on attacking and add creators I would switch baldazini to a AP on support change the DM to be a DM defend not a DLP. As Edison is injured I would bring in koopmeiners to be a CM support. that at least would give you a bit of balance without changing too much. don’t forget you are second in the league and doing well it a can be easy to react to a slight dip in form or results, don’t change too much at this point go slight more conservative with your roles and maybe in the summer transfer window look to improve your defensive personals quality. good luck
  13. Today
  14. @FMBevan-Smith I tend to use DEFEND HB but can add MID BLOCK Can try full SUS tactic. You can drop mentality if it helps, but being too defensive can let AI back into game
  15. @nicklin1984 The game creates cup upsets so these games can be awkward. I've never found changing tactics in testing makes any difference I would also have rest days from training
  16. I don’t know your players well enough or know your preferred style to give a detailed answer. @Johnny Acehas an excellent thread on 443’s. sorry I can’t link to it as I’m on the phone.
  17. Even if i do not select the lowest tier in the menu? They are unplayable at the start of the game.
  18. I am asking for advices, what changes did you have in mind
  19. Thanks for your reply! And yeah, in my present save I thankfully seldom encountered the whole team (or at least a couple of players) complaining, because of some dude demanding playing time who clearly is miles away from getting into the squad on match day. I've had the 'a regular player demands more playing time', although he's starting in every important match and 75% of the matches, where we are favortites by a long shot - meaning 40+ games in around 60. It somehow resolved itself after a few seasons - maybe because I keep a closer look at their happiness; squad composition; winning titles; or me playing them predominantly in the league - I don't exactly know. All in all, most of the interactions and the options they include feel not as realistic as they might could be. And the complaining about matches, when it's just a couple weeks into the season is truly weird. The 'wanting a new contract before having the decisive League-Games and Cup-Finals' occurs almost every year. Maybe it even is somewhat realistic, as the agent thinks 'we're playing a great season; my player's on a high, and the club surely wants to get the negotiations out of the way to not go into the deciders with a grumpy player/squad'. It's annoying, but I can cope with it. It's more off putting when an agent knocks at my door when their player had his first alright game, which in their minds should net them a better contract - after just having signed a new contract at the beginning of the season. But it doesn't happen as frequently to me to be much of a nuisance. Other than some of the main player interactions/demands as well as them getting angry way too easily, there are only a few things that tick me off a little (all still fm22 and my current save at RM): - Youth intake: The worst YPs are fine with a youth-contract (netting them a few thousand a year); the best demand between 100-300k p. a.; and the average ones often call up a million and more. I guess the bad ones know that they are bad; the good ones know that they'll get a big contract soon enough; and the average ones, well... think that this is the first and might be the last time that they can get some good money from one of the biggest clubs?! - Competition: I think it got a lot better, but I still often think 'what the hell are they doing over there' when it comes to transfers and their squad composition. But I guess it is fine, as I find myself thinking the same when watching some of the real clubs and how they behave. - Loans/Reserves: Every year I've got a bunch of great youth players in my U19 and second team(which is also a top-team in the Second Division). Some demand loans, and some I'd like to loan. Most of the time I ask for a little compensation; often followed by demanding nothing at all. But 9 out of ten times only clubs lower than my reserve squad come knocking - although it's mainly about players just inches away from playing a role in my squad. (When it comes to reserves as a whole, there are/were a lot of things that don't work as they should, imo. But that might be a discussion for another time.) I love the fm-series. After playing Anstoss aka On the Ball as well as Bundesliga Manager in the early 90s(which were both great, fun series), I never thought of being able to play a Football/Manager-Sim that sophisticated. So having just a handful of minor gripes is more than fine with me. Cheers and happy Easter
  20. It's Good Friday today which is a public holiday in the UK...as is Monday. So I'm not saying there's zero chance it's tofay what I'm actually saying is there's less than zero chance it's today.
  21. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou November 2032 League-wise, Geroskipou were almost perfect, but could only salvage a draw at home against Alki. The big game of the month was the first game, where a late van Looy winner deservedly bought home the bacon for Clive's men in a 5-4 thriller against Nea Salamina. After exiting the cup, they stole a 1-0 victory from Ermis, who deserved more on the day. Table By avoiding defeat against Alki, Geroskipou finished the month in 4th place, a whopping 16 points outside of the relegation zone with only 8 games to go before the league split. Other news Despite the high attendances, the board needed to add another £65k into the bank account, this was probably due to the new training facilities. This piece of news would not have affected Geroskipou, but in their match against APOEL, AEK Larnakas recieved 4 red cards. Admittedly 2 of them were in the dying embers of the game, but Clive already saw the headlines read "APOEL beat 7 man Larnakas." For once, it was Clive on the recieving end of a grilling. This time it was from Inter Milan manager Pep Guardiola. Clive stood his ground, as Beltrame was not in form, but Pep stood his, and told him that he would be recalling the player during the next transfer window. Very Clough vs Revie. December Fixtures Wins vs Apol. Limassol and AEK Larnakas would almost guarantee survival in the First Division.
  22. Man of the hour is Cesar Huerta. You can get him after the first season for free or make a deal in the winter for cheap.
  23. October 2027 Two draws into three wins. We are on fire at the moment. Coming Up
  1. Load more activity