All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. hey, my cheif scout assigns scouts currently and I see that he assigns a given scout to multiple ongoing assignments: (see for example Tiago Costa, currently on 2 assignments) When I check Tiago Costa under the scouting assignments tab, it says he's currently focused on Austria, which is part of the Au-Ge-Swi ONGOING assignment: So what he's going to do ? Since his assignment is ongoing, will he "finish" and jump to the next assignment? Or what? Does it make sense to assign multiple ongiong assignments to anyone? Many thanks, best
  3. Cool, ended up loading a handful of European leagues and eventually took the reigns at second division FAC Wien in Austria
  4. 2036/37 Table | Squad | Transfers The team had a really poor start to the season and for much of the 1st half were only just outside the relegation spots, this was due to the european games which tired the players out and needed a lot of rotation. In the new year with less games the teams form picked up and they were just outside the european spots until the last few games. 10 points from the last 12 coupled with OM's collapse in form (3 points from the last 6 games) meant that european competion was gained for the 2nd year running. In the french cup the team beat Ligue 2 Nancy 2-0 away in the 9th rd before beating Ligue 1 Toulouse 3-0 at home in the next rd. The team went out in the 11th rd 1-2 awy to Metz in a close game. In europe the team entered the europa league in the league phase and qualified for the round of 16 with a game to go without losing any of the 8 games. In the round of 16 the team played Shakter again who had drawn with my reserves in the league phase. Away in the 1st leg the team was 0-4 down at halftime and in spite of finishing the match with 22 shots to 9 and an xG of 2.19 to 1.25 lost 0-4. In the home leg the team again dominated with 22 shots to 2 but could only win 3-0 to go out on aggregate. Finances improved again thanks to the extra games and money from europe, the training facilities were improved. The top scorer was Bonilla was still a bit up and down in his performances, luckily club favourite Majic (106 apps, 42 goals) had a good season, unsure about extending his contract by the time i did try he had signed for someone else. As an attacking RB Caceres provided a good threat leading in assists for the 2nd year. Long time backups Mijic (87 apps) and Tesic (115 apps 4 goals) both left after being left out the europa squad, neither quite lived up to their potential when they arrived. Season League Position French Cup Europe Top Scorer Top Assists Attendance Training Youth Junior Youth Rec Notes 2032/33 Ligue 1 13th 10th Rd N/A Kembo, Lafton (9) Ospina, Ivankovic (7) 7217 Good Average Adequate Good 2033/34 Ligue 1 13th 9th Rd N/A Majic (11) Asamoah (6) 7257 Great Good Adequate Excellent 2034/35 Ligue 1 13th 10th Rd N/A Gay Rey(10) Gay Rey(6) 7853 Great Great Adequate Exceptional 2035/36 Ligue 1 7th Qtr-final N/A Bonilla (11) Caceres(7) 10361 Excellent Great Excellent Exceptional Qualified for Europe 2036/37 Ligue 1 7th 11th Rd Europa league Rd of 16 Bonilla (21) Caceres(12) 10643 Superb Great Excellent Exceptional Qualified for Europe
  5. XaW - Marine FC - Season 2027/28 (Season 4) - Sky Bet League Two Squad | Transfers | Finances We are professional, and most of the players I want to keep has signed new contracts, as well as a new stadium that's going to be finished during the summer. Things are looking good for the club, and we are now currently the 4th biggest club in Merseyside, after Liverpool, Everton, and Tranmere. So we are aiming at 3rd soon, as Tranmere just got relegated from League One. This season went excellently for us, as we finished in a very strong 10th place. A main issue is that we are conceding a lot of goals, but the reason is that we've been lacking in talented central defenders, so we've used players from the original squad too much for this level. We are slowly transitioning over now, though, but we still need more talent there. For the next season, I think I'd be happy for more of the same. We need more quality, and the intakes are still quite good, so for now, we just need time and development to happen. It's also interesting to note that Rochdale, who got promoted alongside us last season by winning the playoff in the Vanarama National, also got promoted again this season by winning the playoff. So they did a back-to-back promotion! Well done, Rochdale! FA Cup: We beat Chesterfield before we lost to Peterborough in the 2nd round. Carabao Cup: We lost to Oxford United in the 1st round. EFL Trophy: We got a group with Manchester City u21s, Rochdale, and Burton Albion. We finished a decent 3rd and got knocked out. Best players from the academy: Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e - A great season for us leading the line and scoring a lot. Also scored in every one of his 3 caps for Antigua & Barbuda. Raphael Hughes 26b - He is now a first team regular in the midfield, and also likes to pop up with some goals. Kevin Gallagher 27a - A bit up and down, but with double digits in both goals and assists from out wide, I can't complain much. New club records: Most league apps - Sol Solomon - 227 apps Most league goals - Manassé Mampala - 95 goals Fastest goal - Freddie Sass - 1 minute, 4 seconds No new upgrades accepted this season, but got a new youth category! U18s They moved to the U18 Youth Alliance League North-West this season and finished in a strong 4th place. FA Youth Cup: They beat Atherton Colleries and Wigan before they lost to West Brom in the 3rd round. U18 Youth Alliance Cup: They drew Blackpool, Salford, Guiseley, and Bradford City in the group stage and finished 1st to qualify for the knockout rounds. There they beat Stockport in the quarter final before they lost to Rochdale in the semi final. Around the world Youth intake: Trophy cabinet Vanarama National League - 2026/27 Vanarama National League North - 2024/25 FA Trophy - 2025/26 (U18s) U18 National League North West - 2026/27 Player statistics: Most apps for the club Name Nation 2nd Nation Time at club Apps ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ David Overton 25a England <N/A> 2025-Present 158 Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e Antigua & Barbuda England 2026-Present 91 Raphael Hughes 26b England <N/A> 2026-Present 84 Charlie Rowlands 26c England Wales 2026-Present 83 Lewis Pritchard 26m England Ireland 2026-Present 70 Most goals for the club Name Nation 2nd Nation Time at club Goals ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e Antigua & Barbuda England 2026-Present 50 Raphael Hughes 26b England <N/A> 2026-Present 16 Kevin Gallagher 27a England Ireland 2027-Present 14 Isaac Morgan 26d England <N/A> 2026-Present 11 Jordan Hazeldine 25b England Northern Ireland 2025-Present 6 Most assists for the club Name Nation 2nd Nation Time at club Assists ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kevin Gallagher 27a England Ireland 2027-Present 14 Raphael Hughes 26b England <N/A> 2026-Present 10 Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e Antigua & Barbuda England 2026-Present 10 Abdoul Kader Bamba 26a Germany Ivory Coast 2026-Present 8 Charlie Rowlands 26c England Wales 2026-Present 6 Supporters: Bingo: Summary:
  6. Playing exclusively in our opponents’ half proved easier against some sides than others. Against the sides who found themselves joining us in the fight for survival - Lorient, Grenoble, Bastia and their ilk - we dominated games, especially at home. The Corsicans in particular left the Alps with their tails between their legs, Roger the conductor as our orchestral manoeuvres on the park thrilled the audience, the 4-0 final score a fair reflection of our brilliance. But against the top sides, those concerned with European qualification rather than simple survival, that was trickier. Perennial champions PSG swatted us aside with their legion of international stars, while Monaco put us to the sword with a 4-1 win in the principality. We put up more of a fight against Lille but succumbed to late goals in a 3-0 home defeat, and somehow escaped our home tie with Nice with a point, Kone’s curling effort at the death clinching a 2-2 draw. At the midway point of the season, as players and fans alike put their footballing fascination briefly to one side for the Christmas celebrations, we found ourselves in 15th place in Ligue 1. Midtable sat tantalisingly above us, while we retained just a four point gap to the relegation playoff berth, a further two points ahead of surprise strugglers Toulouse in the final automatic spot. Our aggressive defending ensured we had conceded a full 12 goals more than anybody else in the league, but our entertainment-first philosophy also placed us as the fourth-highest scorers behind only PSG, Monaco and Lens. If we were to change our style, focus more on defence and pack our own box, the constant flow of goals conceded would undoubtedly dry up. But to do so would blunt our significant attacking threat, compromise our values, and remove our advantage over the sides beneath us. Besides which, we were having far too much fun to change things now. Instead we looked to add quality to the defence, loaning in Liverpool squad player Anders Holm to act as our inverting right back, and paying a nominal fee to take over the contract of Juventus’ centre back Fabrice Dutoit six months early. We were briefly scared by rumours of interest from Spain in our new talisman Roger, but no bids were received and we proceeded into the second half of the campaign with our key men still with us. In our first game of the second half of the season, we travelled to Marseille determined to hold our own. Larousse opened the scoring with a glancing near-post header, the hosts equalised shortly after the interval, and we were giving as good as we got. With five minutes to go, Benoit Pinault found himself in space to the left side of the penalty area, and he bent a cool finish into the top corner to secure an unlikely victory. There was still time for the hosts to pick up a petulant red card, and for their supporters to attack our team coach on the way out of the Stade Velodrome, but we had our win. A famous win. We suffered a slight upset as second tier Bordeaux bundled our second string out of the cup, but in the league we continued to provide the highlights. Lille were beaten 3-1, Reims stole the points from us with a late penalty, and against Rennes we shared a thriller. With Vincent-Roux injured it was left to Larousse to prove his former employers wrong, and he delivered with a well-taken brace to add to Roger’s 30 yard free kick. Unfortunately our defensive game was not at its best, and we shipped a third equaliser of the match in second half stoppage time to split the points. Still, we were doing better than expected. There was still time for a run of one point across five games to sound the alarm bells in the media, but we were not worried. We were still scoring, still threatening, still entertaining - we were simply not getting the bounce of the ball. In the sixth game, at home to Montpellier, Vincent-Roux and Peltier each grabbed a goal in the first five minutes, and a penalty from Roger made it three before the break. At the final whistle we had doubled our tally, confirmed our clean sheet, and put an emphatic stop to our slide. Safety was almost secured, and in some style. Our big win was followed by defeat in Lyon, but the following week we brushed Saint-Étienne aside with a 2-0 win away from home, and the three points mathematically confirmed our place in Ligue 1 for the following season. The final handful of games we enjoyed with absolutely no pressure whatsoever, picking up around half the points available and blooding a few of our more promising youngsters in the process. Roger netted one of the goals of the season with a ridiculous 35 yard lob from near the right touchline against Strasbourg in a 2-2 draw, and we concluded the campaign in a comfortable 14th place - boasting the third-best attack in France and, by just four goals, the worst defence. Rousseaux was thrilled with our survival, and we began to plot for the coming year. We were having fun.
  7. This has been reported as a bug in the Bug Tracker and is under review. I suspect that it maynot be a quick fix though.
  8. Today
  9. Yes please keep this career going. It's really good to read and i hope you win a trophy
  10. I’m not sure the game recognises that it’s an Assistant doing the interview. It just behaves as if it’s a regular Manager interview. I guess this is to allow for delegating without it being an issue in the game world, but it does mean you get situations like the one you describe. You can easily use the pre-game editor to reduce the max number of questions at press conferences and match interviews, making them less of a chore while still doing them yourself.
  11. Market value - no. A lower squad status might make a player look like a more attractive target to another club though, and if they can offer more guaranteed playing time that club might be more attractive to the player. Asking for an upgraded contract - yes. More so if they are an older, established player. A younger player will just be delighted, though a pushy agent might demand new terms if it is clear that their player has become a regular. Personally I don’t stress too much about this. I just give players a squad status that accurately reflects how much I plan to play them, then I play them that much. If a squad player plays their way into regular starts, their status gets updated. If that means they want a pay rise, fair enough they earned it. If someone else else gets grouchy and wants to leave, that’s fine too, happens all the time IRL.
  12. It seems like the number of Chinese regens in USA and Canada is exaggerated in the game. In real life there aren't that much Chinese players playing professional soccer in USA and Canada.
  13. I want to see my center midfielder move to wide area or even make overlapping run and cross near the byline. Is there a specific role or instruction I can make to make this happen?
  14. Thanks, @Hootieleece... yeah, I think that's what I ended up doing last season as I virtually gave some of the young players away on loan by agreeing to o% wage contribution. It's early days in this window at the moment as we're only at... ... and the transfer window doesn't close until... ... and there's stringent limits on how many loan players can be loaned out... -- Currently we only have one player out on loan, Sindre Gronvold who we agreed to loan back to Sarpsborg as part of his transfer because (a) they've played him regularly over the last two seasons and I think he'll get good playing time there again this season and (b) whilst I see him as my longer-term solution at right-back, I have Brice Wembangomo and Jasper Robertsen who can play there this season and Isak Amundsen can cover. With nobody close to Sindre's ability in my Academy set-up right now, I think he'll get more playing time at Sarpsborg than he would here with us at the moment. There is a recall clause in Sindre's loan agreement so I will be monitoring the situation. -- As for the other seven loan out slots there's two types of loans I'm looking at: Jesper Robertsen and Anders Hiim are both senior first team players who are unhappy with their playing time and I've promised to try and find them loans out. Both players figure in my plans for this season so they won't be going anywhere unless a club will pay 100% Playing Wage and 100% Unused Wage as well as agreeing to a recall clause. Their situations are slightly different though. Jesper Robertsen probably has more chance of playing. After his scintillating form last season, Brice Wembangomo will continue as my first-choice right-back but, at 34 I'm not sure how long he can keep going for, plus he's out-of-contract at the end of the season and I'm not sure I'll renew it, so Jesper is the back-up. I have looked for better right-backs I can sign and I haven't found any. I expect Jasper will get plenty of playing time this season and, hopefully, he'll become happy again but he does need to step-up as he only averaged 6.60 in seven Eliteserien appearances last season. It will be more difficult for Anders Hiim to get the playing time he wants this season I think. David Møller Wolfe is my first-choice left-back as he was sensational last season and Anders will find himself competing with El Hadji Malick Diouf as David's back-up. On the plus side, as Anders started his career at Viking he counts as HGC but, on the downside, he has become upset when I played him FB-Su (the default in my 4-4-2 diamond system) and wants to play WB-Su although I haven't promised him that. We are training him at FB-Su but I'd say Anders's future at Viking is uncertain at the moment. -- And then there's my Academy System where our 2nd Team and U19s are lagging behind where they need to be and require work, especially our U19s who finished rock-bottom of their division and were relegated last season. I have more young players with potential I would like to loan out than the rules will allow so I'm kind of offering them out in phases as it's another way to guage their ability and potential based on how other football clubs rate my younger players. Here's where I'm currently at in terms (pardon the pun) of loan terms: I've offered all the young players I'd like to send on loan out on these terms and had no takers. I'll keep trying for a bit and then I'll start to lower the Agreed Playing Time and / or Unused Wage %, in an attempt to get the maximum number of loans permitted out of the building temporarily. -- We do also have an affiliation with OBOS-ligaen Vidar (who were promoted from Tier 3 via the playoffs last season) so I'll look to make use of that affiliation this season as well.
  15. Looks to me like you've edited something and messed it up.. back to the original files and start over it works fine in the original files
  16. Thank you, the IW(S) getting in front of the box being creative, the IW(A) cutting inside towards the box beating his man.
  17. You can do this when your reputation is higher than the reputation of your players. Not on other occasions. And from the fact that you didn't receive countless offers for your players, it follows that their reputation is still relatively low, despite the fact that they just won the CL. This means that before winning the CL they had an even lower reputation. By winning CL, their reputation has increased significantly, and that's exactly the reason why they demand much higher salaries. Normally, the game does not have such problems because usually the CL winner has players who already have a relatively high reputation
  18. Basically this set up has no one moving into advanced midfield doing rotations, just wanted to illustrate the way the IW moves on support and attack duty. On support he will be narrower and more creative, on attack he will be narrower and more driven to get into the area. When you use any role that forces a rotation, his positioning might be slightly wider but not as wide as a winger. The video starts with the IW highlighted. Plus I dont understand the reason for wanting him to move into a channel. Width affects how your attacks can play out as well. If you are unsure about what to expect, just play width on normal. IW support and IW Attack.mp4
  19. Aug 26th 2030 One week left in the transfer window and still no movement in either direction. We may actually get through the whole thing unscathed! Aug 27th 2030 ...Says I, twenty-four hours before PSG come with a €42M offer for Caraballo. Low offer given his value, so rejected, but I expect them to return at some point, or the player to force the issue. Aug 29th 2030 More offers, this time for Palomeque and from Hamburg, a paltry €13.5M for a player that's not even interested in joining HSV. Nope. We just got more than that for reaching the Champions League groups, no way we're selling him this cheap now that he's starting to play well. On that topic, the draw for the group stage of the Champions League is held today, and that's an extremely important draw since it'll give us a reliable hint of how likely we are to fulfill expectations in the competition. The good news is that our exploits in the Europa League last season have given us a place among the first seeds, which should guarantee an easier draw on paper. We're drawn into group H, together with Liverpool (ow), Nice (nice), and Villarreal (not easy at all). A pretty rough group given the alternatives, while Leipzig for example got drawn with Inter, Shakhtar, and FC Midtjylland. Oh well, we'll do our best, I'd say we have a shot at least at the second place, and we could aim for the third as a consolation prize if everything else fails. Aug 30th 2030 International window incoming! Schulze and Kretzschmar remain in the senior German team's roster after the World Cup, and both might have a chance to get their debuts. Otherwise it's the usual, with the big news being Katic's presence in the U19 German side. And apparently the press are calling him "the next Miroslav Klose" now? Huh. Aug 31st 2030 Borussia Dortmund vs. TSV 1860 München (Bundesliga, 3/34) And suddenly we're playing title deciders already. Both Dortmund and us have four points to our name so far, and since Emery took over we haven't lost to them, so this is not the nightmare fixture it used to be anymore. It's still a very tough game in which we'll do well to get a positive result, though. * * * DORTMUND (4-3-3): Gregor Kobel (GK); Malo Gusto (DR), Mohamed Simakan (DCr), Niklas Süle (DCl), Arthur Theate (DL); Angelo Stiller (DM), Kacper Kozlowski (MCr), Hannibal (MCl); Matteo Cancellieri (AMR), Giovanni Reyna (AML), Luka Jovic (ST) 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Ian Amador (DR), Ernesto (DCr), Arnau Casas (DCl), Tomislav Javorcic (DL); Thiago (DM); Maximilian Schulze (MCr), Jair Rodríguez (MC), Matías Miranda (MCl); Rodrigo Caraballo (STr), Vedat Özcan (STl) * * * We try to keep the core of the team that won against Eintracht, with only a few changes in the lineup to keep the minutes shared mostly equally among our starting-worthy players. Few changes in Dortmund's lineup compared to last season, too, with Cancellieri in Chukwueze's place the most notable one. We get off to a great start, with Javorcic setting up a quick attack within the first minute with a long ball towards Özcan, who controls and assists Caraballo only for the false nine to shoot wide when everyone was expecting a goal. Possession in the early minutes is mostly Dortmund's, although they keep it in their own half for the most part and we look more dangerous when we do get the chance to attack. Proof of this concept comes in the tenth minute, with Miranda assisting Özcan with a quick through ball only for the striker to mishit his finish and send the ball wide. Dortmund's first approach arrives three minutes later and ends in a beautiful header into the back of the net by Cancellieri, thankfully disallowed due to offside. Things start leveling off play-wise as Dortmund start getting out of their own half more frequently, and the following minutes devolve into a midfield battle with little danger on either end of it. Kretzschmar has some work to do in the 26th minute when he needs to parry a dangerous direct free kick by Hannibal, then watches as Cancellieri heads a cross by Theate over the bar three minutes later. The game seems to become more yellow-colored with each passing minute, but chances dry out after those two and we reach the end of the first half with the keepers looking a bit bored, and of course without any goals. HALF TIME - 0-0 Not much happens in the early minutes of the second half, either, even though we seem to be regaining a certain degree of control over the game flow. In the 57th Schulze appears in the game for the first time to send a good pass ahead of Özcan, who tries a long-range finish and sends his shot into the crossbar, immediately waking up the whole stadium. Four minutes later it's Theate who tries luck from very far away, sending a missile Kretzschmar's way for the keeper to block and deflect wide. Neves and Palomeque enter the game then, replacing Rodríguez and Schulze, just in time to see Theate win the jump over Casas in a corner kick and head the ball into the net for the 1-0. Meunier comes in for Thiago to try and make our midfield a bit more creative, but now Dortmund have a firm grasp on the game and deny us any quick chances, then create one of their own in the 70th with a long pass towards Cancellieri, who gets ahead of Javorcic but is stopped in the end by Kretzschmar. That corner kick almost turns into another goal, but thankfully Amador blocks Süle's finish following a nod by Theate. Cancellieri creates more danger in the 75th with a run into the box, but Javorcic chases him and blocks his finish after the winger had dribbled his way past Kretzschmar's opposition. The play continues with Neves launching a quick counterattack with a long pass towards Özcan, who makes his way into the box but smashes the ball into Kobel's body. One minute later the goalkeeper saves his team once again, this time following a low cross by Özcan towards Caraballo, who hits it first time with power but little precision. A good recovery in midfield allows us another chance in the 77th, but this time it's Palomeque who miskicks his finish and the ball rolls harmlessly into Kobel's hands. We've managed to turn things around and we enter the final ten minutes looking good, but Dortmund tighten up and stop our flow of chances at the right moment, and despite our best attempts we can't get another one before the game ends. A shame. * * * Borussia Dortmund 1 (Arthur Theate 61) TSV 1860 München 0 - - - Tough luck. This was a very tightly contested game, with both teams alternating in control and generating chances, but in the end Dortmund got lucky to score in that one corner kick and we couldn't make our chances count. Should've been a draw, really. Kinda worrying that neither Rijkhoff nor Özcan have managed to score even a single goal so far, hm. The Bundesliga reaches its third date with Fortuna as the surprising leaders and zero teams on nine out of nine points, which is rare.
  20. If you have an IW and you have an SV pushing up and you are telling your team to be narrower in width and he has the sit narrower PI. I will never expect him to beat the FB on the outside, I will almost always expect him to come inside and sometimes even run laterally across the defensive line but in the general direction of the penalty area.
  21. A "rotation" happens when one of the roles impacted by the positional feature gets used. You are using a 4231, with a SV and an IW. The SV triggers a rotation, when the team enters the final third, the SV shifts up the pitch, moving the AP to the right and the IW slightly wider to accommodate that rotation. If you are using an IW in a 4231 without a role in the MC or DM tier that does not trigger a rotation he will not move as wide as one that has a role in MC/DM that rotates into the AMC tier.. An IW by nature of his role will always be standing narrower than a winger, this positioning can be further impacted by the width team instruction and the sit narrower team instruction.
  22. I would go Halfback + double wingback (a) for something like this. Maybe a MEZ(S) + CAR? Mix things up a little A back 5 w/a libero is another option here, a 3-4-2-1- is a very defensively solid formation which would address some of your out of possession issues.
  23. Most of the media stuff. It feels a little interesting and immersive maybe the first week you ever play your first FM game, but at time goes on it is just a tedious slog that bogs you down and feels stupid. "So just delegate it if you don't like it dude!" I did, and my Assman decided he would offer up my best young player for transfer in a post game interview.
  1. Load more activity