Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The female manager of the Scotland Ladies team was previously managing men's side Stirling Uni in the Lowland League.
  3. @oze07 My line up varied from a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (DM) & 4-4-2. My most used tactic was 4-3-3 (DM) for the first season: Neto Wass Diakhaby Paulista Centelles Coquelin Parjeo Soler F. Torres Rodrigo Guedes Rotation players: Garay, Kondogbia, Gaya, Cheryshev, Piccini, Santi Mina. I bought Morilla & Markovic in January and they played plenty of games. Ivan Martinez was also signed and he played a few games too! I had a great first season, finishing 2nd in the league, got to the the Quarter Finals in the Champions League and lost to Atletico Madird, and then beat them to with the Copa del Ray. I sold in order to buy in the summer, but I still had around £15m in transfers before sales with 75% being added to the transfer budget. Alex Blesa from Levante was also signed for £2.5m and moved to the Valencia Mestella squad. I want my reserve team to be promoted this season so I can effectively "loan" out my youngsters to them for game time before being ready for the first team. I also have Trincao joining in the summer 2020 for £12mil.
  4. This might be the key part. If the ball is punted high, how else are defenders supposed to control it except by the head?
  5. I might, and I stress might be bringing this thread back, I've had a lot of real life stuff to work through, only just now got access to a computer and my save games, though I still need proper badges and player photos before I can even think about doing any posts! Might just ease myself back in, enjoy playing the game again and then think about creating a new save file to get me going on here.
  6. Yeah without really spending any cash as I felt bad for the salford board lol
  7. It could appoint in which area is located the error at Advanced Rules. For example: If there is a problem in Dates section of League Schedules of Stage 0 that makes competition to be endless and not to finish in time for the season update (let's use 22/6/2019 as a date example), it could say the following message (In bold, the feature that should be added): ((competition) has not finished in time for the season update day 22/6/2019. Error area: Stages > Stage 0 > League Schedules > Dates) If Sports Interactive add it for every error, it would turn our lifes easier as we wouldn't be confused searching for what is exactly happening without having a notion of where is the error.
  8. We finished the season with 2 wins and a draw but even maximum points would not have been enough to land the title. It was a long shot and Real Madrid were comfortable winners in the end. They did well to keep faith with Allegri who had an awful first season, not even qualifying for the Champions League. Klopp's Barcelona finished the season strong and took advantage of our slips and pipped us on the head to head. Our home match against Espanyol was disappointing and we simply didn't do enough to win the match. Real Madrid sealed the title after this slip. My 100% record in the Vasco derby came under threat when Zubeldia put the hosts ahead and this was the first time we had conceded against them under my tenure. We were probably the better team first half but we trailed. Roberto Torres got the 2nd half off to a good start when he levelled from the penalty spot before Inaki Williams scored to turn the game around. Frustratingly, Samaris pegged us back just 2 mins later and it seemed like we would have to settle for a point but Benat's long range shot found the corner to give us a big 3 points. He'd tried a similar shot a few mins earlier which I was annoyed about so I wasn't best pleased when he opted to shoot from long range again if I'm completely honest. Obviously I was happy though. Our final game started well with Raul Garcia and Yeray on target but Villiarreal scored 3 mins later to peg us back to 2-1. We held on to this scoreline quite comfortably in the end but I was disappointed we weren't able to build on our excellent start. We finished 2nd in our first season but scored exactly the same number of points, including the same denomination of wins, draws and losses. We scored 6 more goals but conceded 7 more vs our first season and I think this is party due to me trying to be a more expansive at times but also teams just seemed to score a lot of long range efforts or similar low percentage chances against us. Final table: Now it's time to plan for season 3. We have about £20m to spend at this moment but I'll need to raise a few million if we are to land Mikel Merino from Real Sociedad who has a £25m release clause.
  9. Ominous. Jan 2042. I'm not sure that you have ever seen (41b) Rubén (Bal) * or even heard of him other than as the player who came through ranked 2nd in the 2041 intake. He's only 15 so hasn't made a debut for either Reserves or Seniors yet, and I've just checked and he hasn't yet been tied down to a pre-contract deal for some reason. The potential value of the deal is only a very modest £425,000 (and I'm obviously going to reject the bid and instantly, in fact not instantly, BEFORE that I am going to try to get him to sign a pre-contract deal. Ok, so he has signed a pre-contract deal before I reject this so that's fine. Now let's have a look at him. We know he's very one-footed. We know he's only 5'10" and not very good in the air. We know he's quite quick. He's consistent. He's suited to a role that I like and use. 15 us a very high Teamwork attribute for one so young, (but what exactly does the Teamwork attribute do?) PA is deemed to be at least 4.0 and possibly as high as 5.0. Teamwork attribute. This 1st definition is from hovering in-game. To my mind this should be the most detailed and accurate definition, but then again why do you need more than 1 definition? Actually, in this instance the definitions are almost identical, but with the Manual definition being expanded upon. Potential Ability amongst strikers at the club. I often talk about 5.0 PA this and 5.0 PA that and what I basically mean is that these players have the potential to be better than the best players at the club, (or close to it). The problem with a rating system where the maximum is only 5.0 however is that there are very limited options for comparison. Even if we break it down to half stars so we could call a player a 4.5 player, (might as well be a 9 rating out of 10 if you ask me), then we often don't know what that translates to in terms of other players. In many cases there is also a lot of ambiguity in the use of PA in so much as what I call a 5.0 player might be a 5.0 player, but equally might be a 4.0 player. So right at the outset we are saying that there is a 20% margin for error before we even start talking about margins of error. What I choose to do is be positive and always assume that the "blacked out" star at the end is "full" so this always means that I assume that a player is as good as he has the potential to be. I also like to compare a player who has PA of a certain level, to players at the club who play in the same position and who have CA equal to the PA. In this case were are looking at the PA of (41b) Rubén (Bal) * which is between 4.0 and 5.0 (but in my head I just call it 5.0), so what we need to do is look for a striker at the club who is 4.0 CA and that will give us a bottom-end marker, and a striker at the club who is 5.0 CA and that will give us a top-end marker. In this case we have (39b) Xabier (Res) * who is rated at 4.5 CA and (36a) Dulce (Bal) (2036) * who is rated at 4.0 CA so the general suggestion is that (41b) Rubén (Bal) * HAS THE POTENTIAL to be somewhere between the 2 players at his peak. To my mind this tells me that he can be as good as (36a) Dulce (Bal) (2036) * and that's plenty good for me because he is currently the top scorer in Ligue 1 at the moment, in January, playing for a club who are mid-table at best. All in all that tells me, (as if I didn't know already), that I don't want to lose (41b) Rubén (Bal) * to PSG or anyone else.
  10. It's a pack from another website that covers up a lot of those awful generated faces. He's not real I googled him to check in case one of the data folks sneaked a To Maderia in by accident hahaha
  11. With 4 games to go, things aren't certain, but Wrexham seem intent on throwing it away even as we stop scoring.
  12. When I'm looking to hold on to a lead I normally switch to balanced and change the two CWBs to support. Seems to work for me.
  13. A little update from me: Finished my second season and finished 3rd behind Real and Barca. Real were comfortable champions but we were the only team ever in a title race but had a poor run of form through January. Barca finished strong and we slipped up at home to Espanyol and they took 2nd on the head to head. We finished 2nd in our first season but scored exactly the same number of points, including the same denomination of wins, draws and losses. We scored 6 more goals but conceded 7 more vs our first season and I think this is party due to me trying to be a more expansive at times but also teams just seemed to score a lot of long range efforts or similar low percentage chances against us. I have just less than £21m to spend so I think I'm going to try and raise a little more so I can buy Merino!
  14. Hello, another little issue I got. When activating a clause buyout, on the inbox page, the description is not well translate in french. It's says we received money from Lyon. But Lyon is my club so it's not possible. And in the english version it's says Valencia as it should be. So maybe it's just in the french version the wrong club used in this context. When I send money to another club on a clause buyout it's ok. See screenshots.
  15. Today
  16. Let's start with Europe, because frankly that's where the positives are. At home to Bayern in the first game after the long winter break, we edged an even game against the Bavarians, a single goal from Kostenko at the end of a slick passing move giving us a slender advantage ahead of the away leg. We went to Germany expecting to come under severe pressure, and we were until the 36th minute, when Vorobjov found space in the area to fire us ahead on the night. That meant Bayern needed three and so needed to throw caution to the wind, and as they did so we picked them off time after time, Vorobjov netting again within a minute and the second half turning a great result into a hammering. Manchester City are up next in the last eight - we couldn't, could we? On the home front, I've been less impressed. Krasnodar are a good side but we didn't click in a 2-1 defeat, and while we beat Anzhi comfortably enough, our 3-1 win in Rostov wasn't settled until the last 10 minutes, our heavy hitters coming off the bench to grab the points late on. Then, after the euphoria of the Bayern game, we crossed Moscow to take on CSKA and choked in a major way, conceding first place and momentum to our rivals with just 10 games to go. We've made it hard for ourselves now, and if we wind up second it'll be nobody else's fault. As I've said, we sit second, trailing CSKA by a point as we approach the last third of the campaign. We've already dropped more points than we did in the whole of last season, and after being a long way back at one stage, Zenit are only five points behind us in third. Elsewhere, Baltika are back on the bottom, while Kuban are sitting nicely in midtable. Next month, we have a relatively comfortable schedule - Sibir, Terek and Baltika at home, Yenisey and Kuban away - but juggling all of that with two massive games in the Champions League will be a challenge in itself. We've got to hit form top form or we risk leaving it too late, and do all we can to put CSKA under pressure. It's going to be close.
  17. If you select high defensive line and low line of engagement wouldn't that make your team more vertically compact? Or vice versa. And there are roles and duties to further change positioning. I'm able to play low block, where my team is preetty vertically compact exept for striker who is set as AF and there is huge gap beetween him and my midfielders.
  18. You're right, I meant Art Vidal. Got my V names muddled up.
  19. October & November 2019 Union Sportive Concarnoise Not a bad couple of months, which see us well clear of relegation danger and with an outside chance of making the play-offs in our first season at this level. Our games have tended to be cagey and low-scoring affairs, but we've had the better of the play in most of them. Like last season though, the lack of a reliable goal source is a bit of a course for concern, and there aren't any youngsters currently at the club who look like solving that problem, so I know what I'm hoping for in our next youth intake. The league table is pleasant reading for Concarneau supporters... However, what's even more pleasant reading for me is the finances tab... After a financially terrible first season in the Championnat National, the TV money on offer in Ligue 2 has almost dragged us out of the red already. The club is now running profitably, meaning I will soon have the budget I need to make crucial improvements to the club's infrastructure. However, I think these will have to be put on hold until our home ground is expanded to meet the league's regulations first.
  20. Hello you tactical geniuses! I have a bit of a "general" question. Not a "how to improve tactic X" or "how can palyer Y work best" but i think a more basic one. Every playthrough, guide and bookwork related to FM19 starts with "build a tactic that suits your players". Now i have a question. In the examples below, my squad in my thirds season at Leeds, how would you guys say i should let this team play? I have been a FM player for years and years, but in this year i am struggling a bit on what tactic or playstyle suits my team the best way. I got promoted in the first season, ended 7th in the premier league and now struggling for 7th/6th. I am having a great time, but i want make decisions a bit more based on knowledge, instead of (how i experience it now) on 50 percent luck, 20 percent guessing and 30 percent actual tactical knowledge. I want to improve that latest percentage to maybe 50 percent, in no way am i asking the people here to make me a tactical genius as well. I just want to see how someone more tactical gifted than me would analyze this squad. Please ask if more screenshots are needed. Again i am not asking "hey build me a tactic!" but i really want to see how analyzing a squad works. Sure if i see the barca team i know they should play a tiki-taka style, when i see Dortmund or Liverpool i would think Gegenpress. But if someone asks me "why?" i wouldnt know the answer. A lot of determination in the squad? Good passing stats? Anyway, i am drifting off. If someone can give me an insight on how you analyze a squad like mine that would be great. Ugh, im wondering off topic alot. I hope someone can help me out!
  21. No idea why but the post had been hidden- I have unhidden it for you.
  22. Let us FOR THE LOVE OF GOD edit which strips get worn against which opposition. I can't believe that option is STILL closed off to us in the editor. It would make so many users very happy.
  23. In FM i feel like ML/MR Perform better then AML/AMR ML/MR work harder, defend better, help contain possession more you need very quick ML/MR because they will run alot in the game
  24. No I mean changing when clubs wear the away kit and when they don't. For example, the editor has Celtic set to play in the away shirt whenever they play the Ibrox club at that ground. That is simply ludicrous. It never happens in real life and never would. Some will say it's no big deal. It's immersion breaking, and completely needless. If we could edit this stuff it would cease to be an issue at once. Play the game long enough, in any league, and you come across strip clashes that are ridiculous and could be easily changed by someone using the pre-game editor. But of course you aren't allowed to mess with it.
  25. Awh might just start one with Ajax so
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?