Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just started up a save with Sunderland, going to look to take them back to the top! Definitely aiming for automatic promotion in the first season. Looks like I'm going to be needing to make some staffing changes with the Assistant Manager, HOYD and Chief Scouts all looking quite poor. Got a few good youth prospects including Bali Mumba who I'm hoping I'll be able to keep hold of.
  3. Welcome to what is my 3rd (4th if you count the 4th season youth reboot in the 2nd) River Plate career! Although I enjoyed a few seasons last time, I haven't been able to have as much fun as on FM18. Partially this is because I was playing on the set piece-heavy version of the ME, which would have been much more fun if I was trying to replicate Stoke circa 2010 rather than play passing football with a narrow formation a la Marco Giampaolo. But also because, in an unrealistic turn, it was impossible to get Juan Fernando Quintero to join permanently, meaning a primary motivator for the save was gone 6 months in. The winter update has rectified this! Hopefully there will be a lot more of this!
  4. Hi Neil, I am on the public beta and the game still lags on lowest quality and no crowd on any of the camera options including 2D. Specs: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012); Processor - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5; Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB Thanks
  5. Create a separate thread/topic and explain what you want to achieve in as much detail as possible (preferably post a screenshot of the tactic you are contemplating), so that you could get some more meaningful advice/suggestions. Because this SQ thread is for a different sort of questions
  6. You don't need to use high (more or extremely urgent) pressing as a team instruction when playing on a high d-line (because it can be extremely risky). Instead, you can tell your 3-4 front players to maximize their pressing intensity in their player instructions (which Rashidi calls "split press" or "split block"). With a deeper d-line you are inviting too much pressure from the opposition, so your players need to be very good at defending.
  7. In terms of the players mentioned - Miguel Real and Eric Llopis. Miguel Real is an AMC from Silva in the Lower Leagues and Eric Llopis is a Winger from Binefar. Both available on free transfers and are easily good enough for a few leagues above.
  8. April 2021: The month began with a game against Eastleigh and despite starting the better it was Eastleigh that grabbed the lead as E.Vasalo ran from the wing and curled the ball past G.Spencerzyk who was unable to get a hand to it. We reacted well though and didn't let our heads get down as we started to pressurise the Eastleigh side more and just before the break B.Beck slotted in from close range after some great team play. The second half was all us as we controlled all aspects of play and on the 77th minute we got the winning goal with T.Owens rising above the defence and heading a B.Beck corner into the net. We carried on from the previous game as we dominated Solihull Moors and on the 3rd minute we took the lead with Rien102 sprinting with the ball and wasted no time in firing with power under the keeper. Solihull weren't getting near the ball and just before the break we were awarded a penalty after CFuller was brought down in the area, however C.Horse fired wide with the penalty. The second half was too easy for us as we controlled everything and on the 69th minute we added another goal with B.Beck finding the back of the net from outside the area. Three minutes later I was forced into a change with T.Ashley coming on for the injured P.Bezborodov Solihull never threatened us after the game I was informed that the win means we cant get relegated this season Our next game was against Bromley and they started the better with some excellent play which we couldn't cope with. Despite their domination it took till the 37th minute for them to score as H.Brockbank headed home ten yards after some poor defending. The second half was better for us as we actually started to play and on the hour we grabbed the equaliser as B.Beck continued his great scoring form for the month with a fine strike which gave the keeper little chance of saving. We were dominating the play a lot more but we failed to get past a very stubborn Bromley defence. Our penultimate game of the month saw a complete wash out against Grimsby with some real dire play. Throughout the first half their wasn't a single shot on target. The second half didn't fair any better for the fans that came with some real poor play by both sets of players. The only thing of note was that Grimsby managed to get all but one player booked with no sendings off The final game of the month saw us facing Gateshead and on the 12th minute we took the lead with CFuller running through the defence onto a T.Ashley through-ball and wasted no time ion firing past the keeper, We carried on piling forward but had to settle for a couple of rattled crossbars for our efforts in the first half. The second half was much the same with attack after attack and on the 87th minute we finally got the killer goal with CFuller playing a one two with Salkster fire in under the keeper. Monthly Results: (Vanarama National League unless stated) 2/4/21: Eastleigh (41/46) (a) 2-1w B.Beck, T.Owens / E.Vasalo 5/4/21: Solihull Moors (42/46) (h) 2-0w Rien102, B.Beck 10/4/21: Bromley (43/46) (h) 1-1d B.Beck / H.Brockbank 17/4/21: Grimsby (44/46) (a) 0-0d No Scorers 24/4/21: Gateshead (45/46) (h) 2-0w CFuller (2) Team: | Name | Position | Apps | Gls | Ast | Clean sheets | Conc | Yel | Red | Av Rat | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Georgez Spencerzyk | GK | 21 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 6.86 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Panpardus | GK | 20 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 49 | 0 | 0 | 6.70 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Martin. A Powell | D (R) | 30 | 2 | 2 | - | - | 3 | 0 | 6.67 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Manxie Ash | D (C) | 40 (4) | 1 | 2 | - | - | 6 | 0 | 6.85 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Mark Catterall | D (C) | 9 (5) | 0 | 0 | - | - | 1 | 0 | 6.61 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Rien102 | D (C) | 28 | 4 | 0 | - | - | 6 | 1 | 6.99 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Petr Bezborodov | D/WB/M/AM (L) | 8 (3) | 0 | 0 | - | - | 1 | 0 | 7.03 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Tom Ashley | D/WB (L) | 8 (3) | 0 | 1 | - | - | 1 | 0 | 7.04 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Terry Owens | D (RLC), WB (R) | 27 (3) | 3 | 2 | - | - | 3 | 0 | 7.19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Marco Van Bas Turd | DM, M (C) | 23 (3) | 3 | 2 | - | - | 6 | 0 | 6.98 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Neilhoskins | M (R) | 28 (2) | 10 | 12 | - | - | 6 | 1 | 7.40 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Sherm | M (C) | 22 | 6 | 2 | - | - | 6 | 1 | 7.16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Greyfriars Bobby | M (C) | 21 (4) | 1 | 3 | - | - | 5 | 0 | 6.89 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Ben Beck | M (L) | 23 (1) | 4 | 4 | - | - | 3 | 0 | 7.12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Terk Jr | M (RC), AM (C) | 16 (5) | 1 | 3 | - | - | 5 | 1 | 6.69 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Faramir | M/AM (R), ST (C) | 33 (5) | 9 | 5 | - | - | 5 | 0 | 6.94 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WLKRAS | AM (RL) | 12 (6) | 2 | 2 | - | - | 2 | 1 | 7.00 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Copper Horse | ST (C) | 29 (3) | 2 | 5 | - | - | 2 | 0 | 6.62 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Salkster | ST (C) | 15 (9) | 11 | 4 | - | - | 1 | 0 | 7.00 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | CFuller | ST (C) | 34 (7) | 18 | 5 | - | - | 4 | 0 | 7.04 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | Balthazars | ST (C) | 17 (9) | 11 | 5 | - | - | 4 | 0 | 7.09 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| Other News: An unbeaten month sees us rise to 12th and safe from relegation with 61pts. With one game left to play we cant reach the play-offs and will finish the season in 12th. Injury news saw P.Bezborodov out for the rest of the season after breaking his ribs in the game against Solihull Moors. CFuller's goal against Gateshead was his first goal for more than 15 hours of play much to his relief.
  9. Here goes the first one and nothing I could do about it.
  10. Depends on the age of the player and ability. Generally I’ll only move players to the B team once they turn 17 and hit a specific ability level. The u19s is good for the younger ones, but for the good prospect they will need to get experience at higher levels eventually
  11. Hi Pro, I will let you know how i get on when i get around to testing the files, I seem to have successfully manage to merge 3 of your files with 1 of my existing attribute change files and another file in so much as the editor didn't throw up any error's or fail to merge the files but I have not had chance to test the fiile in game yet. Would you like me to reply here once i have tested the file to let you konw how i get on or would you prefer I did it by PM?
  12. September 25th: Valencia (A) (6/38) Four minutes into the game we took the lead as K.Mbappe rose above the defence and headed a Neymar dinked cross past the keeper. However on the 13th minute we went and conceded the equaliser with K.Sanchez jinked into the area unmarked and fired past M.ter Stegen. Soon after we came close to conceding another goal with a balls up in defence but my keeper saved well to deny the strikers. With three minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the lead back as K.Baise showed some skill to beat the defence and fire with pace past the keeper. The second half was pretty tight compared to the first with much of the play being played out in the middle third of the pitch. With eight minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change with I.David picking up a knee injury and Q.Monnier came on in place. Valencia 1-2 Barcelona K.Sanchez 13 / K.Mbappe 4, K.Baise 42 M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (inj 82-Q.Monnier), M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo) After the game I was informed that I David will be out of action for 7-9 weeks after tearing his knee ligaments
  13. Hi guys, i am having this issue on my FM19 which is making me not want to play. I have accidentally clicked on a tab on my tactics which has messed up the order of my players. They’re now not in order of position and all over the place which takes me a while longer to pick my team. This has happened to me before and it seems nothing I try works.. any help would be great.
  14. Busy week at work. Updates will continue next week. Happy Easter everybody.
  15. My first impression: the tactic is too sterile - too many creators and no penetrators (speaking of roles and duties, not players). I also notice that most players/roles in your tactic have a full (or almost full) green circle indicating role suitability. Did you intentionally take care to have as many of these green circles as possible or it's a pure coincidence? I'm asking this because people who are new to the game (or inexperienced with tactics) tend to think that they need to give the players only roles with the full green circle, which often leads to a bad or imbalanced tactical setup.
  16. I am currently managing as Cagliari, and as I am getting back into FM after a bit of a hiatus I just wanted some advice on my tactic. I am playing with a Regista as I wanted an Andre Pirlo inspired tactic who could dictate the tempo. I have some ridiculously attacking full backs on the right flank, with Srna and Farago, and I want them to be crossing in deep to provide support to my target man up top. I'm thinking to look for an overlap on the right flank? I have Barella on attack duty because I wanted some additional support for my striker and inside forward, but I am not certain if I have the right role. I am thinking a Mezalla might be a better fit? Any advice is appreciated!
  17. Season 2- September Despite this month being only 3 games it took me ages to get through (Real life getting in the way) After the International break first up was RC Lens I was actually slightly disappointed in this, as you can see I was 4 up at half time but couldn't add to it in the second but I suppose it was 3 points. Up next was my first CL game and what a game Ajax were brilliant in the first half, though I kept in touch with them, I tore into my team at half time and they went out in the second half and scored 3 unanswered to give me the win. Randomly I actually only noticed while preparing for this game that last season I had both Ajax and Young Boys in my CL group as I do this season. Next after that epic was the small matter of the Classico Another win, another clean sheet in the league, Oblak is yet to concede in the league (Areola played the first game of the season) League table as follows Guingamp have just lost their unbeaten run to Bordeaux who I have a game in hand over. Next up in the month of October Two home Champions Leagues ties as well trip to Monaco. One thing I have to say I was very impressed with was on the 23rd Sept after only 80 days at the club Not sure if he spoke Basic French beforehand but still to be fluent in a language in 80 days, fair play to him
  18. my database selection goes like this - I'd select all nations and select all players (and staff) with NATIONAL REPUTATION. It should 'select' all main players/managers in this continent.
  19. if nations you've mentioned are not in vanilla database - someone must create it. And afaik there's no chance to manage newly created nations, you can only be a manager in division you create for these nations (assuming you'd create some sort of league system)
  20. depends what you really need - if you have 15/16 year old player who is developing in oceania - is there a reason he'd go to europe? And one more thing - why bringing 15/16 yrs old players from these nations to europe (I assume you're managing european club)?
  21. Well that's why it would be optional, for those that want it, and if you don't want it you turn it off. I wouldn't mind it, I often need to do things around the house, and having the commentary voiced would be favourable while a match is ongoing. Or should I be looking at something on the internet and the match playing in the background.
  22. @Raymond85 Do you still play Ødegaard as a Trequartista?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?