Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Stupid question: Fitness Tests: There's two icons: The first is in the fitness test report where it can say: "Capable: Not quite fully fit and should be monitored." Then, if you check this icon on the squad screen it says: "Fitness test not required, but isn't fully ready to play and should be monitored" I'm getting my wires crossed here, because if they're ready it usually says something like "Advise to limit to 20/45/60 minutes of play". Am I right in understanding that if they're 'capable' the advice is basically don't give them a game unless absolutely needed? Is it a 'sub them on for ten minutes' sort of thing? I'm sort of wanting more decisive instructions from the medical team here; Should he be playing? Yes/No? If Yes, for how long?
  3. We continue our oscillating form in the League by winning against Lokeren, Oostende and St. Gilloise and loosing at Brugge, Liege or Genk. We also passed another round in the cup after a drama win in the over-time. Somehow we are only 3 points away from the last championship playoff place, but more important we are looking pretty safe from relegation.
  4. @Rashidi Some great advise there and a insight in your comment. Thank you! You mentioned strikers doing a "split block". What is that exactly and how do I set it up?
  5. Sporting Clube de Portugal - ‘Esforço, Dedicação, Devoção, Glória Esforço, dedicação, devoção e glória translating as Effort, Dedication, Devotion, Glory’ these are the words in which Sporting Clube de Portugal is built upon. The Kit History Sporting Clube de Portugal or Sporting CP is a sports club based in Lisbon, Portugal, that is best known for its football team, moreover a national staple within other sports, such as futsal, athletics and handball. The club is usually referred to simply as Sporting in Portuguese-speaking countries, and it is often called Sporting Lisbon in other countries. Founded on 1 July 1906, Sporting is one of the "Três Grandes" (Big Three) clubs in Portugal, along with rivals S.L. Benfica and FC Porto, that have never been relegated from the top flight of Portuguese football, Primeira Liga, since 1934. Sporting are nicknamed Leões (Lions) and Verde e Brancos (Green and Whites). Sporting are the third most decorated Portuguese football team, with a total of 48 trophies, including one international title, the 1963–64 European Cup Winners' Cup. Domestically, they have won 18 Primeira Liga titles, 16 Portuguese Cups (Taça de Portugal), 4 Championship of Portugal (a record tied with Porto), 2 Taça da Liga and 8 Portuguese Super Cup trophies. Honours Domestic competitions Primeira Liga (18): 1940–41, 1943–44, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1953–54, 1957–58, 1961–62, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1973–74, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1999–2000, 2001–02 Taça de Portugal (16): 1940–41, 1944–45, 1945–46, 1947–48, 1953–54, 1962–63, 1970–71, 1972–73, 1973–74, 1977–78, 1981–82, 1994–95, 2001–02, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2014–15 Taça da Liga (2): 2017–18, 2018–19 Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (8): 1982, 1987, 1995, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2015 Campeonato de Portugal (4): 1922–23, 1933–34, 1935–36, 1937–38 European Competitions European Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1963–64 Facilities Estádio José Alvalade Throughout its history, Sporting has had several grounds. The first one was inaugurated on 4 July 1907 and was called "Sítio das Mouras". In 1956, the first Estádio de Alvalade was inaugurated. Sporting played their matches there until 2003, when the stadium was demolished. The new stadium, Alvalade XXI ("Estádio José Alvalade"), was built for UEFA Euro 2004, hosted by Portugal. Designed by Tomás Taveira, it was inaugurated on 6 August 2003. The stadium is the center of a complex called Alvalade XXI, designed by Portuguese architect Tomás Taveira, which includes a mall called Alvaláxia with a 12-screen movie theater, a health club, the club's museum, a sports pavilion, a clinic, and an office building. The complex cost a total of €162 million, with the stadium accounting with almost €121 million. On the exterior, the stadium features multi-coloured tiles. Seats are also arranged in a random-looking colour mix. It was classified by UEFA as a 5-star stadium, enabling it to host finals of major UEFA events. The stadium – originally projected to hold only 40,000 spectators at any given time – has a capacity of 50,095. Its official opening was on 6 August 2003 when Sporting played and beat Manchester United 3–1. The stadium hosted five matches of UEFA Euro 2004, one of them being the semi-final between Portugal and the Netherlands, which Portugal won 2–1. It also hosted the 2005 UEFA Cup Final between Sporting and CSKA Moscow, which CSKA Moscow won 3–1 (Though we won’t talk about that further). Academia Sporting The Academia Sporting (English: Sporting Academy) is the name given to Sporting's training facilities located outside Alcochete, Portugal. Inaugurated in 2002, The Sporting Academy is the first of such size and quality to be constructed in Portugal. The Academy is one of the most modern and well-equipped academies in Europe; situated in a tranquil environment and climate that is recommended for the preparation of football teams. Devoted to training and management, the complex is ready to prepare for football competition of any characteristic. Sporting's Academy was also the first and only sports academy in Europe to receive the ISO9001:2008 – a quality certification awarded by EIC, a Portuguese anonymous society responsible for this type of reward, which is recognised both locally and internationally.
  6. So far I use a young side and we have sacrificed the results but these players must play in order to develop
  7. Who is in the way of Xabier/Dulce leading the line for France?
  8. Looks very vulnerable down the flanks, particularly on the right, there is also not alot of jumping ability at the back. I would consider Torreira in the HB role as he has much better positioning. Wellbeck is the ideal back up for BangYaMam on the left. I prefer Sweeper Keeper / Support WB Attack on the right FB S on the left BPD S in the DCL CD C in the DCR HB the same DLP - S in the MCL MEZ A or BBM -s in the MCL IF S on the right IF A on the left DLF - S up top Higher D Line, More Pressing, Counter, Shorter Passing, Exploit the right WB R - Shoot less often CDR - Mark CF Tighter Marking HB - Mark AMC IF L stay wider
  9. Hi! As I told in the title, can't see opposite formation. Got an iMac with Mojave OS. Any suggestion ?
  10. I am experimenting with the players in the midfield and we lost again ,2 defeats in 3 games and 2nd consecutive defeat at home , a very bad start
  11. Well, in lone-striker systems like yours (4231), the single striker on attack duty can find himself isolated from the rest of the team and is thus hardly available for a pass which he could put to more effective use, given that he will be heavily surrounded by opposition defense. So he tends to move into wider or deeper positions in order to be more involved, but in those positions he does not represent an as effective goal threat. And your lone striker is not only on attack duty, but also in the most attacking (advanced) of all striker roles, so it makes his isolation even worse. Plus, he's the only player on attack duty in your system, further compounding the problem. This does not mean that the lone striker cannot (or should not) be on attack duty, but then you need to consider giving him some deeper role (ideally DLF on attack or PF on attack) and having one of the wide forwards (AMR or AML) also on attack duty to interact more with him and thus make it harder for opposition to defend against. But when you change any role and/or duty, you always need to consider how it affects the other elements of the tactic, especially in terms of overall balance and defensive stability. And all this is just a small part of the equation, there is a lot more you have to think about (how you create space for the forwards, how are they going to utilize that space, how you cover defensively for those bombing forward etc.)
  12. We started with a defeat at home
  13. Cannot get Football Manager 2015 to launch. After re-installing the game , every time I now try to launch the game it pauses for a while on the steam window that says preparing to launch football manager 2015, then a pop up window appears with the message The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2015 - Error code (55) What does this even mean ?? I have scoured through all the forums, all the internet posts, all the steam community posts for fixes to this, have tried all the things mentioned in these posts to try to fix the issue, but still doesn't work. HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING MENTIONED. Had the game working a month ago, but had an issue with steam at the time and re-installing steam removed all my games. Other games still work after re-installing them, even football manager 2011 still works, just this game, football manager 2015 that doesn't, so surely cannot be a steam issue, unless any steam updates are causing an issue. I have not changed any settings on my computer, I have not got any anti virus installed. I have even re-installed the game using the original game disc as thought the download files could be corrupt, even after validating them for 20 times, still no joy. Does the same thing when trying to launch the game in offline or online mode on steam. I find it extremely ridiculous and frustrating that I cannot simply play a game I own without having to go through a third party program like steam to play a game. Surely there should be a way that once the game is installed and verified it is a stand alone piece of software which does not rely on other things to load. From seeing all the forums and posts, this and similar problems with steam has affected a large number of people, meaning a large number of people cannot play a game they have purchased. Where is the solution ????????
  14. Thanks for the great reply, I used the a modification of the 442 before and found wingers with opposite foot worked great for goalscoring. Only thing would be if you could share player instructions with me? As stated before I can't just download tactics on Switch and have to do everything manual which is a pain. Thanks again
  15. At lvl 7 and 8 the play offs are a complicated mess involving average points and stuff which I believe @lionel messi has replicated through the advanced editor functions, while Dan doesn't use the advanced editor and has simplified the play offs.
  16. And we are ready to start the new season SCHEDULE SQUAD
  17. i think fm19 ME is very specific and like others have said favours specific style over others. personally i don't like it and play 17, (in which AI is actually too good and adaptive). while tactical presets are defenetely good thing, football styles are not implemented really well into this ME, it can happen you play something completely else than you think. SI would do us all favour if they tried to simplify things like they did with presets and removal of team shape. tactical creator far is too complex these things should get sorted like player roles were and there are far too many styles. many of them don't really do what they should. more defensive styles are far too safe and possessional and more attacking can be too impatient. there's no ''defensive'' possessional style in real life, all ''defensive styles'' are quick and direct. (in fm17) for example i'm in situation where all teams play ''retain possession'' with ultra high d-line and defensive fluid style against my team full of elite players. can we have a little ball too, please? or did anyone tell me it's good to man mark their midfielders now?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?