Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The question is whether what you've got now, (Positive Pressing + More Urgent Pressing + Press Less PI + Counter-Pressing) > (Positive Pressing + Default Pressing), for your defensive block. My guess is that it is, i.e. Press Less isn't a bypass/overrule, it's a modifier on top of everything else that you've got set.
  3. Team: TSG Hoffenheim Competitions: Budesligua, Champions League, German Cup Expectations: European qualification, 1st knockout round, Semi-Final Formations: 4-2-3-1 balanced/attacking and sometimes 4-2-3-1 balanced/control. Squad: Highly ambitious, higly determined players but low in teamwork. Pitch dimensions: 105x68m (from 101x65m) I am using this formation for the past 10 seasons that I am coaching the team and won one Cup, a few 3rd and 2nd positions, never the League. Most seasons, it provided me with one of the 5 best defenses (my culture is that a good team starts from a good defense) and in the top half of attacks. This season, I decided to make minor changes to the squad, even if my club is rich, and even less in tactics. I only increased the width by 2 for the attacking version and 4 clicks up from narrow setting for the control version. I only made 7 transfers, of which only 2 were 2 19yo (signed for free) for the 1st squad for future investment. I have 3 players for most of the positions, mainly promoting youth back-up players from the reserves. I have only sold 2 players I was using a lot and one more because he asked for transfer. Still have a 34 players squad with a few long-term injured. The problem: I started with a 2-5 win against AA Gent in the CL best placed and it all seemed nice, till the league kicked off. I struggled to get a 1-2 win away to newly promoted Werder Bremen and only won once the weak Bayer Leverkusen in the next 7 games. My defense leaks from left, right and center. The opponent wingers and strikers literally walk in the penalty area, pass the ball like if my players are not there and they score easily and comfortably. In the attack, my strikers seem to love the posts at the moment and they struggle to get shots in. What I think might be wrong, but not sure: Sometimes, increasing the width of the tactics, as I increased the pitch width by 4 meters, overloaded my center-backs who could not always cope well, especially with fast and agile strikers. But instead, my full-backs are the ones who struggle and I noticed a few times my CBs running outside the penalty area to cover the skinned full-back. In some other cases, it looks like my players are in position but not willing to put-up a fight and this is what frustrates me! The opponents look like they just walk through them! Next, I am playing Barcelona away and I don't want to think what will happen if I don't make some positive changes. What do you suggest guys?
  4. Low crosses, as both strikers lack height, but are quite pacey. WP, because he’s the most creative player in the team and I want most of the play to go through him. The attack duty. because this way he moves to the AMC strata, where nominally I have no players. Down the flanks, because both MCs are there mostly to hold and tackle, they’re not the best in terms of going forward. I’m sorry, but again you haven’t told me anything specific. You have just repeated that the proposed setup is neither a counter attacking one or a possession based one. OK, I do ackowledge that. My question is: so?
  5. That's why I recommended a HB or anchor instead of BWM. If you are wary of your PM's lack of defensive attributes, then the fullback on that side can be a bit more conservative, but the wide forward (Mbappe) more attacking. For example: CFsu/DLFsu/F9 IFat/RMD Wsu DLP/APsu MEZat HB/ACM WBsu/FBsu CDde BPDde IWBsu SKsu I bolded the roles and duties which I would change compared to your original setup, to give it more balance and stability. In this "my" setup, you can also use the Overlap left team instruction, to allow for more interplay on that flank (because overlaps/underlaps slightly incrase the mentality of the FB/WB and slightly decrease that of his advanced wing partner).
  6. hello. please could i have a north and south sub division file so i can have a good look at how it all works so i can make future databases. it can even be a north south west and east or any other compo, i just need to learn how to do this lol. thank you. ps football manager 19.
  7. Hi. I am aware of how to remove ffp from domestic football, but does anyone know if theres a way to remove it from European competitions like the champions league. Thank you.
  8. Report the issue here please: https://community.sigames.com/forum/654-bugs-found-on-ios/
  9. I already told you that: Neither player roles nor team instructions suggest that you know what you want from your team in terms of playing style. What's the idea with focusing play down flanks? Why low crosses, and not some other? Why a WP, and why on attack duty? WP on attack duty can be a good idea for a counter-attacking style, but the rest of the tactic isn't quite counter-attacking. After all, why 442? I don't say 442 is wrong, just asking to learn what's your reason to select that particular system and not some other? Each formation has its strengths and weaknesses, and therefore requires certain type of players. In 442, the absence of a DM (position) means that your midfielders need relatively good tackling, positioning and at least some speed (acceleration), along with work rate, teamwork, stamina... Because they need to be able to perform both attacking and defensive duties in a competent manner.
  10. Jul & Aug 2042. Pre-season went as pre-season goes, (if you ignore the 10 goals we scored against someone and the fact that 20k+ fans turned up to watch us draw with Spurs). We've struggled in the league at the start of this campaign, but that doesn't really tell the whole story. Guingamp. Lens. We lost both of these games 2-0 and I think it's reasonable to say that we were unlucky not to come away with a win in each game. It's early days yet though and I try not to get bogged down by individual results, (because there will be another one just round the corner). I don't know what's going on with our "form" in the bottom right hand corner, but any idiot can see that we haven't won our last 5 games. The real excitement at the beginning of this season has been our 1st foray into European football. I'm obviously REALLY happy with this and it possibly goes a little way to explaining our under-performance in the league. While our 1st team is decent now, we really do still lack strength in depth and it's clear to see where my priority has been. I was really keen to get to the Group Stages, (at least), at our 1st attempt, if a little surprised that our board expected us to not only qualify for the Group Stages, but also get out of the Group. As luck would have it, I think there is a reasonable chance of us getting out of the group, but where as I have prioritised the EURO Cup over league games thus far, it will be the other way around from now on. Viktora Plzen are a Czech team who dropped down from the Champions League after losing to Sporting Lisbon. They have got out of their EURO Cup Group on each of the last 5 seasons so they are comfortable at this level, but they have only progresses past the 1st Knockout Round on 1 of those 5 occasions. Fiorentina are obviously the Italian giants of yesteryear. They got as far as the Quarter Finals in 2040/41, but they are not big regulars in Europe now. Zorya are from Ukraine, (and yes I had to check). They didn't qualify for the Group stages last season and didn't get out of the Group stages the previous 2 seasons. They should offer us 2 easy games at least. Surprisingly, (because I don't think it's the case in real life), Viktoria Plzen are probably the big-hitters in the group. We are very much an unknown quantity but with Fiorentina getting the furthest in recent years will be the dark horses. Zorya are expected to be the whipping boys.
  11. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YKLAG5n9Jel7_9Qh9GKCTK6G5qaqqFvH/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-M5r4Hx4XLs07I6dqzD5gSkPkSTVFAH/view?usp=sharing Here you have!
  12. FM is unplayable. Again problem for MAC users and again the support and technical department of SI is working so slow. Guys, it's so annoying...
  13. Thank you! I´ll keep the defenisve tips in mind. I want to follow up on the midfield roles tho, my idea behind the AP/BBM/BWM trio is that I have one defensive player, one hybrid (BBM, I always look for good defensive attributes aswell) and one attacking player. With a playmaker and the CM on attack I am afraid that I´ll expose my midfield, even tho the playmaker will hold position and not be as high up the field, his defensive attributes are lacking. I hope I expressed myself good enough.
  14. Aha sorry, misunderstood the frustration. However the attacking side can be contributing to the defensive side too. If you're easy to defend against then the chances of a counter increase. The actual "Out of Possession" instructions look ok to me. I wouldn't have Offside Trap and Prevent GK Distribution but that's just personal preference. The only other thing I would look at is your team shape and try it get it more Flexible/Fluid in my opinion.
  15. This is part of it. Playing a defensive tactic with a mediocre club is a recipe for getting thrashed in this ME. Also yes, the game effectively penalizes you for switching tactics and lineups frequently, so if you're doing that it could be another problem.
  16. Finally found some time whilst my 1 week old son is asleep to post an update
  17. Lyn Norwegian Eliteserien 2021 Season Review League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - I came into this season expecting a very tough one, particularly as we were the only semi-pro side in the division. In the end we did very well indeed and ended up in an impressive 4th position. Cup - Fixtures - even better to come as we had a great run in the cup leading to a defeat of Molde in the final, our first Norwegian Cup since 1968. In doing so we also qualified for the 2022/23 Europa League Key players: Transfers - did what I could given our limited budget and semi-pro status Squad Patrik Karoliussen - continued his good form into this season, now one of our key players Erik Waagenaes - I had signed this young centre back, a regen, right at the start of the save and he has matured into a key central defender Havard Asheim - a bit part player last season, the right winger improved and became a first team player this time around Rozhat Shaswari - our top scorer Finances - our league position and cup meant these were much improved - sufficient for us to turn professional at the end of the season. Season League Position Notes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 2019 Norwegian 2nd Division 2nd Promoted 2020 Norwegian 1st Division 1st Champions, Promoted 2021 Norwegian Eliteserien 4th Cup Winners
  18. Why can’t this fit my iPad screen anymore. You either zoom out so the match is tiny or you zoom in and lose some of pitch. The view worked fine a couple of years ago.
  19. Specifically for a top team like City, I would opt for a style that involves both control of possession and sufficient attacking "bite" to make your play less predictable. For example, the combo of higher tempo and shorter (but not much shorter) passing. Mentality can remain Positive (at least for the primary tactic). If you change the mentality, you need to change (tweak) a number of other settings as well, because mentality affects everything. As for roles and duties, I would rather combine a playmaker on support with a mezzala or CM on attack in central midfield than the opposite, because you need a PM that controls play from a bit deeper area, from where he can distribute passes wherever it's optimal in a given situation. Hence, the other CM should be on attack, in order to provide more penetration from deep. A BWM role is something I look to avoid when playing a lone DM. I'd opt for a HB or anchor, because they are way less aggressive than BWM and hence better protect the back-line (this is more for defensive purposes). In your current setup, the left flank is pretty much exposed with a CWB and AP both on attack duty (and the BWM - who tends to move early and aggressively out of position to press and tackle the opposition - makes it all even more risky). On defensive instructions... since you play with higher DL and LOE on a high-risk mentality and also using counter-press, I think more urgent pressing is absolutely not necessary (another thing that makes you more vulnerable defensively). I would keep pressing on default (medium) and instead tell the front three and the attack-duty CM to close down more via player instructions (that's the so-called split press, which is a lot safer than increasing the pressing for the entire team).
  20. July/August 2039 The perfect start to the season with an absolutely resounding victory over Sporting in the Supertaca followed up by some efficient football in the league where we have not conceded a goal. These four fixtures were not the most difficult, with the opposition predicted to end 17th, 10th, 15th and 14th but the demonstration of class is something we rarely showed last season. On the other hand, Porto sit on one point from their first three games - which means we've already opened up quite the gap to the second biggest side in the country. The Champions League has seen us drawn against Liverpool, Napoli and Kobenhaven - although part of me still wants to win the Europa League rather than come unstuck against the true giants of Europe.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?