All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Most West Germany work is done, but rework of the II and U19 teams needs to be done and that's quite some work. I am noticing that quite a bit of work was done by the researchers between FM22 and 24.
  3. What was particularly fun was to change the system mid-game, maintaining the exact same shape but suddenly instructing one or two of Hartwig, Casavecchi, Vincent-Roux and Larousse to adopt the role of a conventional number nine. The panic in the face of opposing defenders was often immediate, and there were games when we would switch them in and out of the attacking spearhead in a strange hokey-cokey that seemed to create space and opportunities almost without fail. As we added new steps to the Annecy dance, so we added more points to our collection. While our defence remained a little too porous to truly threaten the sides at the very top of Ligue 1 - the likes of PSG, Monaco and a resurgent Lyon dropping very few points as they battled for the title - our prolific attack fired us into unlikely contenders for European football. As the likes of Rennes, Strasbourg and Nantes all succumbed to the balletic majesty of our forwards, so we climbed the table, reaching the giddying heights of 8th place as the Christmas festivities approached. As they hit full swing, so the transfer window opened just days later, with the performances of my men failing to go unnoticed across the continent. Pinault and Fabbrini both attracted offers from the Premier League which were swiftly dismissed, but there was a third man who had his head turned by interest from afar. Kevin Vincent-Roux, the striker who had joined us just weeks after we were promoted from the third tier and in many ways had been our main man until Roger’s arrival, was subject of a bid from German giants Borussia Dortmund. What’s more, in a heart-to-heart conversation after training, he made it clear to me that he dearly wanted to leave for the chance to play Champions League football. Off he went, leaving his manager heartbroken. In some ways, Kevin’s departure hurt more than Roger’s. The latter had been with us for a single year, and was never realistically going to stay given our relative obscurity and his astronomic talent. But Vincent-Roux was a player rescued by my troupe, transformed from unwanted outcast at Lille into the focal point of a wonderful footballing tapestry in Annecy. We had made him a star, and now he wanted to shine in a bigger, Germanic sky. We were a victim of our success, and it had cost us one of our own. But we could not be deterred, and we moved quickly to procure a replacement talent in our attacking unit. Nsikak Solomon cost just a fraction of Kevin’s transfer fee to prise away from South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns, but the Nigerian youth international looked to have the potential to go even further than our departing hero. His first appearances would be from the bench and it took him just three to make his mark, reading Roger’s pass perfectly to tuck in the winning goal against Nice in just his 55th minute of Annecy action. But just as we looked to ascend to new heights, our defensive frailties reared their heads to knock us down a peg. Struggling Montpellier benefitted from two penalties to grab a win that did their survival chances the world of good, and while we bounced back with a home win over Reims, we then proceeded to give up a three-goal lead at Lens, allowing another prolific side back into the game in just 20 minutes following an unnecessary red card for Passereau. No sooner had we hit the top five and a slim chance of the Champions League than we lost our footing and slid back to 7th, sitting on the outside looking in. Of course, whatever we did now would break new ground for the club - we could lose all four of our remaining games and still record an all-time high finish for Annecy. Even with Roger’s imminent departure and Vincent-Roux settling in at Dortmund, I would be leaving a squad more than capable of continuing their poetic patterns of play in future seasons. As a football club, Annecy should be absolutely fine. But under a new manager - a man who would almost certainly be more pragmatic than myself and may indeed make dramatic changes to both style and squad - they would no longer be my responsibility, and after seven seasons it would take some time to come to terms with that fact. In the meantime, all I could do was ensure that those final four matches were played out in the right manner. To say I didn’t care about the results would be unfair, but whether we reached Europe or not no longer depended on us. As the music started for my last dance with Annecy, I simply wanted to make it a memorable one.
  4. Does this file actually have league rules or is it just a file in which a new team is added?
  5. Off to a good start mate! I’m currently doing a regionnaire challenge with South Shields in the North East, it’s a challenging but fun way of playing. Hopefully you’ll have more choice of players than I do coming out of London! With regards to the player search filters, the below links to MaddFm’s blog where he shares player search filters for each of the regions, I downloaded the one for the North East and is working well. https://5starpotential.com/fm22-blogs/the-football-manager-regional-challenge
  6. Until a mod comes along and tells us to stop this enjoyable exchange, neither of us are right or wrong . Your views on where the game’s difficulty balance should be are perfectly coherent and you’ve articulated them clearly. My pushback is that you have put that difficulty centre of gravity at pretty much the exact way you like to play. Your suggested changes would force other people to play the game differently to how they currently play, for example by removing key highlights (which I am willing to bet is by far the most commonly used option) or by making it harder to ignore areas like the data centre. If you don’t like key highlights, don’t use them. I don’t understand why you think that choice should be forced on the large numbers of players who do use that option. This is the point I keep returning to: FM gives you the tools and options to make the game as easy or as hard as you like, including a free editor with which you can make wholesale changes to the game world. So there is no justification for asking SI to make the game harder for other people. We all play in our own sandbox.
  7. distance between current team (or previous team) and approaching team should be the most important factor that influences if amateur or semi-pro players accept a transfer offer. I can't imagine many people that would move from Manchester to Luton just to play for another amateur team, not to mention moving country. At this level 99% of players should consider only teams from the same town or nearby.
  8. It's essentially an open world game in text! And around the world of football, of course. The game will play out, if you join or not, as long as you press continue. How you fit into it and what your goals are, are totally up to you. Do you want to start off without a club and see who wants to hire you and aim to be the best? Go ahead! Do you want to take over Manchester City or PSG and spend millions on the best players and steamroll? Go ahead. Do you want to recreate the glory days of <insert club>? Go ahead. There are essentially no finish to the game, and the whole game can rather be seen as what other games would have as an end game, where you can do challenges, grind up, or just explore. All of this is possible from day one. So it's, as @Andros mentions, essentially a sandbox game, as most simulations really are. Set up the game to make it the most fun, and go from there. I think most people who start playing, usually takes over their favourite team and try to win stuff and become the best team in the world. When you've done that a few times, you might want to do something else, and you start in a different country, or league and try to win everything there. Others don't really care about winning, but just enjoy playing with tactics, to see if they can replicate a real managers tactic, and if they do, how well it does at that point. Many others try various challenges, either that they have thought of themselves, or have seen around the internet. Personally, I always do the "youth only" challenge, and have done for years. This essentially means we holiday for a season and then takes over a club that is promoted into the lowest possible tier and try to win the domestic league as well as the Champions League without buying or loaning any players at all, only using the players we get from our youth intakes every year. It's probably one of the hardest challenges that is viable in the game, but that's what I and others do for fun. The goals or limitations you set for yourself is up to you, if you indeed want goals, and just don't want to think about anything else than winning the next game!
  9. Sep 24th 2030 Touré earns himself a spot on the Team of the Week thanks to his goal against Werder. Sep 28th 2030 TSV 1860 München (9th) vs. Hamburger SV (12th) (Bundesliga, 6/34) Not the best of starts for Hamburg either, currently tied on points with us in the very middle of the table and quite far from the European positions we're both supposed to occupy. That doesn't make either of us a bad team, though, and we know our history with HSV is spotty at best, so we'll need to show a much better version of ourselves today if we want to be the ones to snap out of this funk and start climbing. * * * 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Tomislav Javorcic (DR), Niklas Lang (DCr), Arnau Casas (DCl), Alex Ball (DL); Thiago (DM); Juan David Palomeque (MCr), Jair Rodríguez (MC), Matías Miranda (MCl); Jonatan Basualdo (STr), Vedat Özcan (STl) HSV (4-2-3-1): Bekir Dereli (GK); Marcel Neigenfink (DR), Erik Trehkopf (DCr), Justin Janitzek (DCl), Idriss Viadère (DL); Burak Ince (MCr), Antonio Entrena (MCl); Xavier Amaechi (AMR), Tin Vrljicak (AMC), Dimitris Paligeorgos (AML); Mazinho (ST) * * * Hamburg come to our stadium today sporting a very fresh manager, someone you might've heard about called Thomas Tuchel. He just took over from Frank Schmidt after he decided to grab the vacant role in the German national team, also recently vacated by Klopp's move to Tottenham. Now that's a painful-looking one... Anyway, we need to rotate a bit today because Liverpool are coming to town in three days, which means players like Ball, Basualdo, and Palomeque have a chance to impress today. Both teams try their best to hold the ball at first, although it's HSV who get the first shot at goal with a high header from Amaechi after a way too comfortable cross by Viadère. From there they build up a strong midfield presence, stealing the ball away from us for a long while with their high pressure, and that eventually yields benefits when Vrljicak steals the ball from Casas near the edge of our own box and quickly places a shot past Kretzschmar to score the 0-1 only eight minutes into the game. Yet our reaction is immediate, and only one minute later Palomeque intercepts a poor clearance and quickly assists Basualdo, who enters the box completely free of any pressure and calmly lobs the ball over Dereli to make things level once again. The early goalfest continues in the thirteenth, and sadly it once again goes against us: corner kick taken by Amaechi towards Paligeorgos and the forward heads it in almost unopposed to restore HSV's lead. This time there's no immediate reaction, and only a timely challenge by Lang prevents Paligeorgos from scoring another six minutes later, while we keep struggling a lot with keeping possession of the ball. We finally show something in the 25th thanks to a good run by Rodríguez through the center and an even better pass towards Özcan, who tries the near post but sees Dereli's quick reaction sending the ball wide. After that we finally start chaining some decent passing plays and start pushing HSV back a bit, but time passes without any action on either goal until the 43rd, when Kretzschmar gathers easily a weak header by Paligeorgos. Nothing else happens before the end of the first half. HALF TIME - 1-2 Ball is an early victim of our bad first half, being immediately replaced by Hauptmann and moving Javorcic to the left. We don't see much immediate improvement, though, and the second half in fact starts with a huge scare when Mazinho sends Amaechi running alone into the box and the winger's chip hits the crossbar before going over. Other than that the game gets mired in midfield for a long while, and only a fantastic pass from deep by Thiago in the 59th minute manages to break the deadlock, finding Miranda's run into the box so the attacking midfielder can blast it in and score the 2-2. Neves and Rijkhoff replace Rodríguez and Özcan then, and we try to capitalize on our better momentum to try and turn things around. And it works a treat, even if neither of them are involved. Instead it's Miranda who finds himself with space and time to think, then threads the needle through an impossible gap to find Palomeque inside the box so all the midfielder has to do is place it past Dereli to complete our comeback. Rijkhoff even has the chance to put it to sleep in the 71st following a horrible pass by Trehkopf setting up a quick counterattack, but it's still not the time for our strikers to get their first goal and Dereli tips his finish wide. Tuchel moves to a 3-2-2-2-1 to try and compete with our overloaded center, but we counter that by ordering our midfielders to track back more and keep an eye on any forward runs. Don't try to use our own spells against us, Tuchel... A few minutes pass without any clear chances, going all the way until the 83rd when Casas tries a cheeky shot that Dereli dives into to save and hold without major issue. Rijkhoff then heads a cross by Miranda wide just seconds later, but afterwards the defenses manage to plug all the holes and the match slowly drifts into injury time under our complete control. Great comeback, and finally a win. * * * TSV 1860 München 3 (Jonatan Basualdo 9, Matías Miranda 59, Juan David Palomeque 64) Hamburger SV 2 (Tin Vrljicak 8, Dimitris Paligeorgos 13) - - - How a single moment can define the result of a game, and maybe a season. If Amaechi had hit the net instead of the woodwork with that early second half chance we might very well have ended with another defeat and in a very difficult position. Instead we got saved by the crossbar, and then we mounted a fantastic comeback after a pretty bad first half to grab our first win in a while and, who knows, maybe finally get us started on our season for real. Palomeque continues with his remarkable turnaround season, Miranda remains fantastic as almost always, and now even Basualdo has grabbed a goal before either Özcan or Rijkhoff. Soon, I hope...
  10. There are two aspects I miss in FM (both statistic-related, not in-game mechanics): 1: I’d like to be able to see Secondary Assists in the individual player performance summary. I know we have the Key Passes stat at out disposal, but it’s not exactly the same. 2: In the honours section, both player/manager or club/nation-related, I can find out which competition had been either won of finished as the runner-up. As third-placed teams always receive medals as well, I’d like to see that aspect added to the section. So: Winner, Runner-up, Third-placed.
  11. Salah and Mane were always good players. Their PA was probably low due to the researchers not rating them that high when they played for their former clubs, I don't think Klopp and Liverpool have anything to do with them becoming much better players. PA should be harder to reach only for the upper levels, for lower levels it should be easier to reach in my personal opinion as the players in lower leagues always worsen in skill as the years progress. Simulate 7-8 years into the game and you will find out that on average only 1-2 newgens are in national team squads, the rest are all real players due to them either having a higher reputation or being much better players (attributes, consistency).
  12. Today
  13. So, why are you allowed to tell your opinions but me doing the same thing is somehow wrong? I'm snot telling anyone to do anything or play the game in the same way as I do. I'm only asking questions here. Doing well is understandable but basically if you set an aim and end up achieving that and probably way more, no matter what you do and this happening time after time and things do become a bit boring and predictable. And it also makes the game look a little bit bad. And this once again: just my own opinion and not a way that everyone else should think. Just bringing my own tiny piece to the conversation. Some of my opinions of course might be strong and suggestive and that is fine. In my opinion for example FM should not have the option to manage the games with key highlights. Why? Because this is not managing but instead just autopiloting and hoping for the best to happen. This is once again just my opinion but it has clear reasons behind it and also this view is 100% loyal to the idea of the game which is managing a football club (not just watching things pan out).
  14. I wonder if people will work out how to do it and then everybody will know how to get the klopp effect. If may end up being instead of happening rarely to happening all the time as gamers tend to be good at exploiting these kinds of things. I still think the PA system is fine, just that it should be harder to reach.
  15. Summer 2033 Having monitored John Proud's work ethic and level of performances on loan last campaign, Jansen decided to splash 16.75 million pounds to make the deal permanent this summer. The Scottish has fantastic quality on the ball and knows exactly when to move the ball or when to take a shot during attacking transitions. He will compete with Johnny Bedini for the right-sided no. 8 position, who was also brought in on a permanent deal after last season's successful loan spell. Having spent a total of 38.75 million pounds on two Box To Box midfielders, we have little left in the bank and the recruitment team had to be flexible in the market. Our most obvious shortcoming last campaign was putting the ball in the back of the net and we had to find some way to add goals to the squad. Inter was willing to allow a player of Christian Abanda's quality to get valuable Premier League game time on a loan deal and we took a total of 0.00000281231 seconds to finalise the deal. The Cameroonian's finishing, speed and movement up top will hopefully solve some of our goal-scoring problems this campaign \o/
  16. Your idea of the perfect pace isn’t the same as mine! I like to see progress and my vision for my club and players coming to fruition. I like long-term saves. ‘Success’ is relative. I don’t always play clubs that are going to win stuff, but I still want to do well by the standards of that club. Isn’t that the entire point if being a football club manager? Your posts here are thoughtful but you are too hung up on your way of playing being the ‘right’ or ‘normal’ way. In psychology that’s called ‘naive realism’ and it’s a fascinating topic: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naïve_realism_(psychology)
  17. woah! sorry for the obvious question but have you got a skin loaded? if no, have you had 1 loaded before? Maybe make sure the default skin is loaded and clear cache? I don't know, mostly guessing here but I have never seen that (I do not have FM24)
  18. What is the overall objective of Football Manager There is no objectiv here. Think of it more like a sandbox game, where you play the game how you like and try to achieve what you want. For example: 1) Do I want to take over Real Madrid and try to win 10 Champions league titles in a row? 2) Do I want to take over a league 2 side in England and try to make it to the premiership? 3) Do I want to take over a city's lowest rank side and make it the dominant force in that city? 4) Do I wan to take over a lowly ranked side and never buy players? Try and get to the premiership with only players comming in from my youth Do you have to take your team to the championship to say “beat the game” (or is there a concept of say beating the game in FM24) There is no official beating the game. The objectives are made by you, and you win the game when you have achieved your goal (see my reply to your 1st question). Is the object to just have fun as a Football manager through simulation ? Yep! Sandbox!! Fun can be had in many ways (as discussed earlier). Some people like to get a tactical idea and see how far they can go with it. I have seen some people choose a player and see if they can make them the highest scorer ever. As you are pretty new here, I suggest you start with the objectives given to you when you choose a team. As you get more familiar, take the game to where you want to take it!
  19. Malaga Legends of Season 5 A brief post to keep a record of our key players for this year memorable season. Another important aspect to our year was how well I feel we defended at set plays, especially corners. We were impenetrable here, and it certainly gave us an edge, undoubtedly helping us achieve the points total that we did that saw us home to La Liga. So here are the players that formed our 25 man squad for the year which brought the club's historical success:
  20. Two questions to this. If you don't have time, which is fine as I don't have time either, why do you need to play more than 1-2 games a day? At least in my opinion that is the perfect pace to play the game. And secondly: why does the team have to be successful?
  21. There’s lots you can do. Off the top of my head: Use an attributeless skin. Impose a strict transfer policy on yourself. Never use player search, only scout reports. Pick a broke/weak team. Don’t do things (like do transfer deals between windows) that the AI doesn’t do. Recruit by character. Use the injury mod so you have to manage your team’s effort and pressing rather than just press ‘go’. Get deep into OIs. Get deep into training to make your players perfect for your style.
  22. Then you can restrict yourself on the players you use.
  23. Yes, if their job interest is at least 50% (yellow half circle) then they should at least consider the job offer even if they would ask for unreasonable wages or other unrealistic clauses. If they simply walk away from negotiations then the 50% interest may as well be 0 interest.
  24. Hello, I have an issue with this file...I am playing with Sacavenense and the games crashes everytime on the final of the Lisbon Cup It doesnt matter if I go on vacations or not...tried thousand ways, always crashes...anyone facing the same issue?
  25. I was bored and decided to create a empty football club called PES United. They are initially playing in English Northern Premier League Premier Division(Level 7). Be warned that this db has no league structure associated in it, so you need to wait for it to be promoted to National League North. PES United.fmf
  1. Load more activity