Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How can i add a background to the base skin?
  3. Ugh, it drove me crazy and is still something I struggle with - if I play 2 strikers they play together/off each other really well (hence my superb run at the end of last season), it's when I play a lone frontman that I struggle a lot more and obviously with my default setup being a 4141 it's an ongoing issue. I've obviously spent a fair bit of time addressing it but my solution has been more to spread the responsibility around the team (my wingers and MC Mezzala bearing the brunt) - not sure if that's something you can tweak/work towards? I do want to revisit the lone frontman thing and see if I can get one working well - I know the popular opinion is they just don't work as well in the current edition of the game but I can hardly subscribe to the theory when my strikers are either unsuited to playing a lone role (Meaney) or just bang average (the rest)! I did use a lone frontman in my FC United save to great effect - he was one of those guys with limited CA but just the right stats (super quick with great dribbling/finishing) though that I was very lucky my scouts turned up (as they were almost useless), but I kept him until the Premier League as he was still something of a super sub when everyone got tired. Irrespective his goal scoring record was very good (it does annoy me how this screen only seems to show total league goals, his first 5 seasons totals were actually 25, 23, 31, 26 & 12 - the championship was a step too far for him to be a regular but what a signing on a free!); Most of that save was pre-19.3 but strikers seem better post-patch than before so in that sense it should be easier to get them firing now? There might be a trick I'm missing, but as I say, it seems a little futile to spend ages testing when I know I'm working with 'flawed test subjects' Hopefully you can solve the issue as it doesn't sound like you're too far away otherwise? Our low bank balance is a result of our high youth costs with relatively low TV income from the lower leagues, yes - that plus my blackmailing of the board for upgrades at every opportunity! We have two upgrades going on right now that cost a cool £2.5 million alone so I guess I'm kinda responsible? Our takeover didn't bring anything in investment wise either which was a touch disappointing, but the flip side is that if they put nothing in they'll (hopefully) take nothing out? We are paying close to half a million a year currently for our youth setup but I think it's totally worth it (with guys like Meaney & Kenyon coming through, it's just taken a while for us to reap the benefit, especially with such low average attendance and TV income (although low is also relative when compared to Makoto in Africa, Jimbo in France etc!). This seasons TV money & season ticket income has transformed our finances thankfully, we were hovering around the £100k mark for a long long time;
  4. I've now uploaded "Crash.flv" - it took a while for it to happen this time, but it has now. Let me know what you find?
  5. Sry I think i uploaded a wrong version, but just a small change an MC to DM as DLP D, basically team instructions are the same.
  6. Hello there, I always get a crash dump if i open a mail about financial situation. If i try to skip the message and just move on, the game crashes in the next 1-2 days as soon as i get back into the mails. The Date is the 12th June of 2022, WM just started (maybe thats the problem?!) but overall its more about the email instead of the date. I didnt used the ingame editor. I used this workshop content for this save. I uploaded my save to the SI Cloud Service, the name is Florian Flatzn - Hertha.fm. FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.18 15.45.36).dmp
  7. If you manage to win the second period as well there won't be playoffs. You'll get instantly promoted
  8. I am playing FM 19. I think it might be programmed in game and here is why. I made a bid for Callum Hudson Odoi from Chelsea to be turned down. Callum Hudson Odoi is now unhappy at Sarri. (Chelsea are 2nd in the league 2 points behind us.) Loftus Cheek is the same from Chelsea. Made a bid for him which was turned down. Loftus Cheek is now unhappy with Sarri. Same at Liverpool with someone else. Name escapes me who right now. Failed bid and now player is unhappy at Liverpool. (Liverpool are like 7th in the league 16 points off us. Aston Villa sit sixth.) Tested it out with a player from Watford, Troy Deeney. Same deal. Troy is now unhappy at Watford asking for a transfer. All of those bids were for squad rotation players. Could be something in the programming for FM19.
  9. As far as I'm aware, the nation filter is only for filtering by clubs in that country rather than nationality of the newgen. So you have to trawl through the French club intakes to find Basque players. No easy way really that I know but Aviron Bayonnais are Basque and I think there is a Biarritz team but they are both small clubs but worth check their players out just in case. As an aside, Aviron Bayonnais always interest me because I feel like there would be a good opportunity to make them a big club as there are no big clubs in the French Basque country. The only problem is they start in a non-playable league (although they got promoted in my save). I think it would be a good challenge to make them a big club and try to increase the size and quality of the Basque talent pool. Once you've made them a force, move to Bilbao and reap the benefits. I reckon the challenge could be made harder if you follow a Basque only policy with them as well.
  10. Prologue "Choose the best player for each position and you'll end up not with a strong XI but with 11 strong 1s" Mr. Cruyff has always been my managing Idol along with Lobanovskiy and when I find myself facing difficulties in the game I will usually refer to his adages in search for a solution. This quote in particular struck me deeply as a kid. I was not a physically amazing kid and I lacked technique on the ball so my approach to football was since the beginning a tactical, intelectual one, in the playground and sports class I would try to lead and aid my companions by directing them ( with mixed results and little discipline, when you are a kid you absolutely must be a horse to be a jockey). One of my obsessions was the formation of a Dream Team: 11 players all amongst the best at what they do who can work with each other as a team. Thus I will rephrase the previous quote as: "To have the strongest XI you need to have the best players in each role of a working system". In this Topic I will present my way of achieving such a thing. Archetypes in football I define Archetype as the pinnacle of a way of playing a particular position in football. As an example: the archetype for a deep playmaker who plays behind the midfield line is Pirlo, the archetype of a bombing wingback is Cafu, the archetype of the complete footballer is Cruyff. Archetypes can therefore be seen as the idealised version of a particular player, the best of the best in the history of football leave behind a blueprint of how the game should be played that lesser players seek to imitate. I believe that in order to build a squad one must select 11 archetypes and sign, scout and develop players to fit a particular idealised 11. Given that the greatest teams in history have all been about adapting 11 players into a system rather than adapting systems for 11 players it stands to reason that the system must take priority over a particular player. My Dream Team As a disclaimer I will say that I do not believe this eleven players to be the best in history but rather the best at 11 particular things I want my players to do. The Sweeper-Keeper Archetype, Manuel Neuer: A keeper that could play as a midfielder amidst an injury crisis, when he is not making great saves he is always there to ease the pressure and recycle the ball. I want my keeper to be confident when given the ball since I play with a highline and don't want long risky passes from my backline. The Railway Train Archetype, Cafu: A wingback that contributes in attack with pace dribbling and crosses, playing two roles at the same time as part of the back four and the attacking unit at the same time. I want my wingback to go high up the pitch and provide width along with another attacking option but also have the work rate to run back and defend when we lose the ball. The Tower Archetype, Vidic: A tall, strong, intimidating centre back that can win any and every physical challenge even against the bulkiest Target man. I want a stopper who can intercept the ball and leave the Ibrahimovics a Drogbas ball-hungry. The Kaiser Archetype, Beckenbauer: A technically gifted defender that can both win the ball back with an inch-perfect challenge and distribute the ball to his teammates with confidence and assertiveness. I want a player who I can trust when bringing the ball out of defence and who can balance the deficiencies of the Tower. The Tractor Archetype, Zanetti: a truly complete defender who can be trusted with every task on the pitch, the defensive equivalent to Cruyff. I want a wingback that can mark, tackle and intercept any chance that could be born on his side on the pitch and also help the midfield when possession has been won. The Regista Archetype, Pirlo: The playmaker of the Team, what he lacks in physicality he makes for in technique and vision. A man who can win entire seasons on his passing alone and will always find the space to create a clear-cut chance for the strikers. I want him to concentrate on passing the ball around and creating chances for the men in front. The Workhorse Archetype, Neeskens: The hardest worker in the pitch who can both stop an attack short on its tracks and smash the ball inside the net with an accurate powerful long shot without breaking a sweat. I want an all arounder that can sit deep, carry the ball on his feet and finish play during 90 minutes for 40 or 50 consecutive matches. The Magician archetype, Mathews: The man who no one can take the ball from receiving in midfield and only letting the ball loose inside the opponent's area. I want a dribbler that can bypass any defensive line while making the ball look like a sticky bomb The Roadrunner Archetype, Gento: The man no one can catch, he will outrun everyone and leave even the cameraman behind. I want a pacey runner with an excellent capacity for crossing. The technician Archetype, Zico: The number 10 of the team, the technical miracle who can make something out of any ball given and drive whole teams insane with his unpredictability and sheer talent. I want a gifted midfielder who can dribble, pass and shoot with equal ease and majesty. The Goal Machine Archetype, Sanchez: A striker with a seemingly endless repertoire of finishes who can score even the most pathetic of passes with with a single touch. I want a poacher who can score with both feet and his head beating his markers with good anticipation and off the ball movement and a clinical finish. Formation and Roles These are the roles which I believe will best help me achieve the combination of archetypes I want. SK-s= I don't think I need him on an attack duty since he can do his job when we are on the ball without taking extra risk. CWB-a= He will provide the width in attack and occupy the space left behind by the IF-a. BPD-d= He will be in charge of bringing the ball out of defence. CD-d= having him as a stopper would ruin the offside trap, he will work as a stopper because of his attributes not because of the role. IWB-s= He will cover the space left be the BBM when he goes forwards. DLP-d= My midfield creator he should stay the deepest and have no less than 6 options to pass the ball to (midfield partner + wingback + attacking midfielders + striker) BBM= The roaming midfielder to my holding creator, a multi-purpose tool. IF-a= a scoring and passing threat from wide, he should make things happen from inside the opponent's area. AM-s= I don't want another playmaker he will act like one when he gets the ball thanks to his PPMs but he won't be a ball magnet like a AP-s W-s= The will provide the width the IWB won't and add another option to our attack. DLF-a= by being deeper he should theoretically challenge their defensive line better, I am not sure about this role AF and P are both possible options I will try. My four attacking players and the BBM have the Close Down More PI, inspired by Lobanovsky. Team Instructions I tend to use roles and PIs over team instructions so there are only 6 things I want my team to do and which they won't do on their own. Positive Mentality= I will be playing a strong team so this will be my default. Shorter Passing= to help with possession and team cohesion. Play out of defense= I very much dislike long passes from the back line, this isn't american football. Distribute to centre-backs= consistent with play out of defence. Counter-Press= I want my team to attack the ball as soon as it is lost. Much Higher defence line= to aid with the pressing. Use Offside Trap= if the pressing works then my opponents will have to try long balls, this is my counter measure.
  11. You can play it during the Easter break, that's what we've been working hard on to provide this update for the public beta version, however some users may find for the time-being they have to lower their in-game settings in order to have optimum performance.
  12. In the Future Transfer section for staffmembers there are a few option missing regarding the Second Team. You can make somebody a future Manager, Doctor and Data-analyst for a Second team, but there's no Assistent-manager. No Physical coach. No Goalkeeping trainer. No Physio. No Sport Scientist. Also, when you give a player a future transfer to a club, you can set his future contract length and some other clauses. But the clause Club Option for x Year is missing. Which is one of the most used clauses. I already adressed these problems/missing things last year, so the fact that these things are still not fixed suprises me.
  13. We started with the Champions League clash with Chelsea, and so we'll begin there. At the Otkritie we fell behind early on before a superb Polyakov free-kick got us back level, and a hard-fought second half ended up goalless. In London, the Blues caught us off guard early on, and despite our pushing we fell to a late second. It's disappointing to be out, but considering we only sneaked through the group, this is a positive first step. We were also dumped out of the cup, contriving to lose to Tosno after extra time. Yes, we rotated the side, but there were enough top layers to be able to overcome what is effectively a midtable outfit. In the league though, we've been imperious. Kolosov destroyed Rostov on their own patch, Armavir put up very little fight at the Otkritie, and then came the game against CSKA. They had an early lead to defend from the opening stages, but we dominated from start to finish and got our reward with three goals in the last 20 minutes to claim a massive win against our biggest challengers. After the disappointment of Chelsea, we reinforced our position at home with a 1-0 win in Grozny, and heading into the final third of the campaign we're looking good. With 10 games to go, our win over CSKA puts us nine points clear - which at this point should be a big enough lead. We've only dropped seven points in the 20 matches thus far, so the prospect of dropping more than that in the last third of the season isn't an overly concerning one. Behind the top two, everyone from Khimki to Terek is separated by just six points, and Ufa to Yenisey are split by five. There are effectively three mini leagues going on - all we need to do is make sure we come out top of ours.
  14. I have a question. I look into all French newgens if they have a Basque nationality on the French intake day from world/europe/transfers/youth intake (you can find a French-Basque one in every 4 or 5 years). Does that screen show all the newgens for the nation or should I scan all French clubs for it?
  15. Feature requests should go here. I guess English is not your first language, but what do you mean by this? No. What on Earth would this possibly add to a game that is largely a football management simulation, other than just adding needless processing time?
  16. Mind that Uruguayan players that had Basque nationalities are not Basque anymore in the latest update.
  17. C'mon Neil. It's been almost a month now. Furthermore, this is Easter break. I would very much like to play it during the weekend since I'm not working. Furthermore my friend, you have to understand that I payed a lot of money to play the game in 'high' settings, not to use 'medium'.
  18. You got it, all those 7 leagues are set on playable and I expected people with those 7 nationalities to be created, independently on where they work. No view only leagues are set. Like you said, someone like Garde : French, managed Lyon or Aston Villa, should be included in the save. Or someone like Heinze, who played for PSG, Real Madrid, Man United, Marseille, Roma, and is now manager of a Division 1 team, should be created too. When Solskjaer took the Man U job, he didn't exist in my save in FM18. And now, there's rumors in France that Marseille thinks to replace Garcia by Heinze, or Lyon could offer the manager job to Gallardo. So, somehow, I would like them to exist in this save. Thanks for your reply.
  19. Few things I would experiement with if I was you - a) Do you need Work Ball Into Box? b) Why not Pass Into Space if you want to utilize Auba's pace? c) Up the tempo one notch to circulate the ball quicker?
  20. 19-20, Invincibles, Double Winners: Record breaking Cypriot League points: Beat city rivals in the Cup Final for the double! Unfortunately our amazing CL run didn't result in us going further in the EL: :
  21. For fm20. I'll like to see major improvements and the return of some features like tutoring, identifying the club's hot prospects like in fm14. Also, improved game play. No point for a player to have dribbling of 15-20 and all we see is running. Managers reaction will be appreciated. Improved gameplay, like skills showing, goal celebration, goal missed, managers reaction, even shock after VAR as cancelled a goal. The training is good but it works well with tutoring and make the tutoring very effective. Players having personal life's. In fm19 you can only sign 18 or 16 staffs. That's not cool cause it keeps telling me I should improve my stuffs. Plus I can request for more staffs. Also. Managers of other clubs should be more opening in using their wonderkid and not just leave them to rot in the game. New features to the game all round. So guys that's what we want. Thank you Always add to improvements don't remove. This is the best football simulation game.... so please major improvements. Give us something to really want to spend the day or week or month playing.
  22. I was counting all installment payments because I've been burned by that in the past. The promise was for 54m, the caption in the lower right said "potential transfer value of 53m". I rejected and immediately was told I'd broken a promise. This is the 2nd time this had happened to me. It seems like if the bid is within 1m of the promise, it is triggered. Maybe some sort of rounding error?
  23. Still on day one So many coaches to go through fell like i need to replace nearly everyone on staff
  24. Hi everybody, Is there anybody trying to replicate this tactic in FM2019 ? Definitely my favourite of all time. Congrats @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! !
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?