Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No, you should be able to set it from day one of the save. Try removing the tactic from your selection options, then load it again for the first team, then try again for the youth teams perhaps
  3. I think you completely missed the point. No one denied that there is more then one way to impact Creative freedom... in fact tho when forcing the second team into a more structured manner (keeping the roles obviously), they will play out very differently in terms of creative freedom.
  4. A really tight game, where we were just undone by a bit of quality from a Premiership bound striker (I doubt Guy Norman ever plays a game for Watford, but he's clearly got something about him): Still, we put up a good fight against a much stronger (Professional) team, so I can't have any complaints. Into the Europa League Second Round Qualifying we go! Oh, and also...
  5. I ask that you have more attention with the goalkeepers in the next version. I am very happy and satisfied with the overall work of the ME 👍🏻, only the AI of the GK disappoints
  6. Can't figure out the reason for this player turning into a potential knucklehead, other then perhaps he's still young needs to mature. It's proof that any player can be AWOL. The scout report on him said "sign whatever the price". I acquired him for a whopping $91M. I was starting him almost every game so there no issues with lack of playing time. Why pay that much and sit him? Then this: I immediately fined him 2 weeks pay and he didn't complain: Then this message: So he decides to report back to training and indicates a "willingness" to play for the club again. I paid a king's ransom to get him. He's being paid almost $13M a year + incentives for 4 more years, and he's "willing" to play for the club again after partying and not showing up for training. How professional of him. And where is he hanging out in the early morning hours in London when the taverns all close at 11:00 PM?
  7. October 2033 Almost perfect again but we fall slightly further behind.
  8. Found two wonderful guides on players' roles, which really helped me to better understand various roles and duties: https://strikerless.com/2018/05/16/understanding-roles-in-football-manager-and-real-life-part-1/ https://strikerless.com/2018/05/23/understanding-roles-in-football-manager-and-real-life-part-2/ What's best here is that the explanation is illustrated with simple images, showing how a player in a certain role moves across the pitch during the attack and how he contributes to the defence. I found it much more clear than just wall of plain text (like in-game explanations or many other guides). Unfortunately, only attacking and midfield players were explained in these guides. Even though the author was planning to release new guides more than year ago - he didn't (I hope he's allright and just decided to do something else instead). Does anybody know any similar guides, with graphical explanations of player positioning and movement in different roles?
  9. Yeah that would explain why I got a good job right after TNS. I had won trophies and personal awards with them. Then my rep took a hit after being sacked by them. I’m gonna do what you did with stalybridge just buckle in and try to win and achieve as much as possible. How are you doin with juve btw? Did the move seem realistic to you? Hopefully this new owner can give me some money to spend to strengthen the squad with.
  10. Whatever gives the impact the result is the same. Setting up more fluidly will result in more Creative Freedom passively Vice versa. You basicly Said it yourself. And so are other Settings who Originally came once with Team shape. The Overall ME mechanics didnt Change.
  11. Welcome to Season 13 Episode 5 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club LLM challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we face league leaders at Manchester City, hoping to cause a major shock. We also meet our new signings, before reviewing transfer deadline day. If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday at the same time. There's also 3 new episodes a week from Cricket 19 & a new video from Snooker 19 Career Mode every Friday. Thanks for watching!
  12. Their squad is a lot better than ours (they have a striker about to sign for Watford!) but we'll give it our best go...
  13. September 2033 We slip up but despite this we're just 3 points off of top spot.
  14. An interesting winner in the Champions League...
  15. I wonder how our old rivals Dinamo are getting on.... Oh.
  16. Season Review! Finally! After dominating Phase 1 and topping Group 1, you had to fancy our chances in the Playoffs. We dominated Juvenes Dogana and edged it against Tre Fiori, but I thought we'd blown it when Cailungo equalised in the 91st minute against us. We came back stronger in Extra Time, though, and Thomas Guidi (YP14) stepped up to hand us our first League title. We've only gone and done the double!
  17. Best game I've ever played. Without problems? No. Good outweighs the bad? Most definitely
  18. Another one out the club German midfielder Dario Fernandez has been pestering for a move, he's off to Frankfurt for €3.5m up front, another €1.5m in add ons, 50% of his next transfer fee and a friendly. Not bad for a lad picked up on a free.
  19. So Cancelo is putting up a fit, wanting his contract more than doubled. I think i found my next big sale for January. Now on to find Vagnoman's (who i will start from now on) new backup (hopefuly italian). Or might bring De Sciglio back on the flank, if i find myself with a nice centerback
  20. August 2033 Another very good month with just the one defeat means we're right at the top end of the table. Two more leave before the transfer window closed.
  21. To demonstrate better how things are affected, I will show it with images: A new slate, Positive mentality, cd on defend is on balanced mentality and the rest with positive mentality, but if I change the right winger to attack? I put him in inside forward attack and his mentality upped 1 notch compared the team mentality. But If I changed the DM to defend and the left fullback to attack? As you can see the ones with defend now go to cautious mentality and the ones with attack turns to very attacking. Flexible and very fluid have differences? Yes, but it affect creative freedom? I dno't know.
  22. Hi @oleg8979, apologies for the delay on this, and sorry that you've found this is still occurring in FMT19. If this can be easily reproduced, would you mind posting a save so we can take a further look into why this is still happening. Thanks, Ali
  23. Hi. I've just finished a second season with Chelsea. Half way through the second season i noticed that all of a sudden it became painfully slow when ever i tried 'continue'. I've started a Torino save and that's running fine on the same database. I have used the in game editor on the Chelsea save but only for transfer and minor other tweaks. I'd be surprised if i've made more than 25 changes. Is there any known reason why my game is running so slow all of a sudden? I've also attached a image of where the game tends to get stuck for a minute or so. I'm playing on a Mac btw. Thanks.
  24. I don't know how you could build Sarri team in FM,but I can give you some ideas saying how he plays in real life. His prefered formation is the 4-3-3 (or 4-1-4-1 DM wide), and he setup it almost in the same way for most the season. Defensively,he likes to press the ball, he put his defensive line higher and like to force the ball wide. His team plays from the back, with their keeper, defenders and DM creating 2 triangles. Usually they play the ball vertically, using his midfielders. The striker usually use the space upfront to create space or play it to the wingers or to the midfielders. In the offensive phase, the team prefers to plays on the left side, because the players on that side are the ones that get way up in the field, and the striker also go for through balls and crosses. Key players for this tactic: Keeper: He needs to use his feet and be good with it, Sarri expects use every player in the field,and his keeper is one of them. DM: He need to be very familiar with the ball,and also needs to be good defensively (Jorginho is exactly this guy) Left winger: In Sarri tactic, the AML is a inside forward, having the license to cut inside and cause havok in the defence (Hazard and Insigne) Striker: The role that is most demanding. Your striker need to be good with and without the ball, because Sarri expects him to create chances or when the opportunity appears, score goals. His setup was something like this: Defenders: They need to be familiar with the ball, and very good defensively, because you will be in a high line, so expect counters against lesser sides. Left fullback: Like I said before, he overloads his left side, so the fullback in this side is way offensive thant the other Right fullback: This side his player keep his pace and just stay more behind. Right midfielder: This guy is usually a work-horse in his tactics. A box to box midfielder that usually conserves possession and don't appear that much in the attack. Left midfielder: This guy needs to be good offensively, because he expects this midfielder to get more upin the field to help the attack. Right winger: This guy can do 2 different things under Sarri. 1: Be a Raumdeter and exploit the space that the left side leaves open (Callejon and Pedro), or 2: Be the winger and give a wide option in case the left side is populated. You need to remember that he expects the team to work possession, but be offensive (like vertical tiki-taka).
  25. Thanks Seb, that's what I have been doing. Good to know I'm not missing something. Interesting. I do have my tactics saved and the U18s and U23s have been using them all season (7-8 games so far) but the option is still greyed-out. I wonder if it has to hit a minimum number of uses to qualify as 'previously used'? Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?