Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If I send a scouts to look for players aged, say, up to and including 21 he's obviously going to send me reports about players that he's scouted in that age range and my list of known and scouted players and the knowledge about them will increase. While he's scouting those specific players he's also going to observe older players playing in the same game as the younger players. If he sees an older player that he likes does he: - ignore him; or - send me a report on basis that, although the players outside my age range, he still thinks that the player is worth considering; or - even if he doesn't send me report does he add the player to club's list of players shown in the scouting centre under player search albeit with perhaps minimal information about the player?
  3. October 2019 October was a busy month for us, and we certainly had a bit of a wobble: EURO Cup Grp F: Burnley 4 - 0 Krasnodar: Ashley Barnes (11, 27), Matej Vydra (pen 16), Aaron Lennon (45+1) Premier Division: Arsenal 2 - 0 Burnley: None Premier Division: Burnley 0 - 3 Tottenham: None EURO Cup Grp F: Burnley 3 - 0 Ferencvaros: Matej Vydra (pen 23, 56, 69) Premier Division: Bournemouth 2 - 1 Burnley: Robbie Brady (40) Carabao Cup 4th Rnd: Burnley 4 - 0 Sheff Utd: Aiden O'Neill* (pen 6), Dwight McNeil (13), Mitchell George (43), Chris Wood (65) A comfortable win against Krasnodar was followed by double defeat against Arsenal and Tottenham. They have both strengthened significantly in the summer, with Timo Werner moving to Spurs the highlight. It is difficult to do a youth only save when you see players you normally target moving clubs and you just have to sit and watch. We bounced back against Ferencvaros in the Europa League, but then lost at Bournemouth. Our league form in October has been horrific, with our only wins coming in the cup games. No surprise here that we've plummeted down the league, but I am more concerned with the morale drop than our position in the league at the moment. Very disappointing performances, and we really should've gotten something against Bournemouth.
  4. Having major lag on certain screens on certain saves. Now my laptop is terrible and totally unsuitable for running FM. I'm operating at 2 stars if I only load the Premier League on a small database! So anything else is half a star. I have no issue with slow loading between days, I'm very used to that, but the recent lag is making the game unplayable. On certain screens (inbox, tactics, player search especially) the game lags massively and takes ages to load. But this is only on saves I've started on the updated database. I have used the large database with custom force loading of certain players but with only England as an active league. For reference: -Southampton save - updated database - got three years in before the problems started. Large database, about 25,000 players now due to loading several European nations as 'players from top division clubs' -Burnley save - updated database - figured I'd loaded too many players, so just put players from top clubs, for about 18000 now. But have only managed one season before the lag has happened. -Meanwhile, on a save with Sunderland on the OG database, with 26,000 players currently from force loading more players than the other two , now well into the fifth season there is no lag at all. So can it really just be the amount of players loaded if the larger, longer save has no issues? It's the same in all screen resolution modes. I have used the Real Names fix and a Face pack on all three, nothing else. My Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Any ideas? Thanks.
  5. There are attributes that are important for both PM types - passing, vision, first touch, technique, anticipation, decisions, teamwork, off the ball, composure, concentration. Then there are those that are more important for a DLP, which does not mean it would be bad for an AP to have them as well - positioning, tackling, marking. And finally those that are more important for an AP (though not all of them are necessary), but absolutely not unwelcome for a DLP either - dribbling, agility, flair, balance, long shots, finishing. While OTB is important for both (as already suggested), it's slightly more important for an AP than a DLP, for the simple reason that - as @Atarin correctly pointed out - AP operates in (potentially) more crowded areas. Hovewer, you need to know that a number of players can successfully perform both roles. So when you make the decision on which role to choose, besides looking at the player and his attributes, you need to consider your overall tactical system and its balance. Along with the attributes, there are also player traits that are welcome for any PM - dictates tempo, tries killer balls often, comes deep to get the ball, likes to switch to the other flank, tries long range passes. Of course, a PM does not (necessarily) need to have all of these at the same time. And these traits make sense only when they are coupled with the right attributes.
  6. Hi, yes I added Portugal but not removed any of the leagues I started with.
  7. September 2019 Premier Division: Newcastle 1 - 3 Burnley: Chris Wood (14), Jack Cork (34), Robbie Brady (90) EURO Cup Grp F: AEK 0 - 6 Burnley: Ashley Barnes (11), Robbie Brady (37), Chris Wood (45+2, 51, 59), Aiden O'Neill* (77) Premier Division: Burnley 2 - 2 West Brom: Ben Gibson (14), Aiden O'Neill* (39) Carabao Cup 3rd Rnd: Burnley 5 - 2 Bristol City: Jack Cork (35, 66), Robbie Brady (40), Chris Wood (56), Ashley Barnes (87) Premier Division: Burnley 3 - 2 Wolves: Aiden O'Neill* (71), Johann Berg Gudmnundsson (80), Chris Wood (pen 90) Goals, goals and more goals! Whilst I am loving our attacking play, our defence is terrible at the moment. Joe Hart has been our first choice goalkeeper since Nick Pope picked up an injury in pre-season, and maybe Pope will be straight back into the team at this rate. Athens provided zero test for us, but the delight during this month is the form of youngster Aiden O'Neill. I started him against Athens as we rotated the side, and he performed so well that I didn't feel like I should take him out... and he picked up Young Player of the Month! And here he is, the man in question - note the * by his name is so I can keep tabs on the youngsters I want to blood into the first team this year: Still top after seven games, although you'll agree I could've had much tougher opposition so far. Norwich have looked excellent following their promotion, although Bristol City are having a very tough time adjusting to the pace of the Premier League.
  8. Hi, yes I added Portugal but not removed any leagues. I will upload the save file tonight Thanks.
  9. Left click on position role and duty, then hold shift and left click on the position column
  10. The problem is with the latest Mac OS update SI have stated previously they were working on a fix - presume they still are
  11. I changed a teams name to one that I created, changed the kit added a new town and stadium etc, and this seemed to do as above, any answers?
  12. I have problems with fm 19, when I play it is slow and not at all very good. I play on a Macbook Pro 15 from 2017 so it should be able to pull it, can you tell me what the problem is?
  13. August 2019 So season 2 begins, and with the performance last season breaking all expectations, I was scared with what the board would want this time round. Top half finish in the Premier League is reasonable after our exploits last season, as are the cup goals. If we get a similar group to last season, I certainly expect us to get through to the knockout phases again. Carabao Cup and FA Cup draws need to be a little kinder this season though if we are to progress! Premier Division: Chelsea 2 - 4 Burnley: Ashley Barnes (10), Jeff Hendrick (21), Donny van de Beek o.g. (51), Jack Cork (81) Premier Division: Burnley 5 - 5 Liverpool: Charlie Taylor (22), Matej Vydra (68, 77), James Tarkowski (88), Robbie Brady (90+1) Premier Division: Burnley 5 - 1 Cardiff: Charlie Taylor (15), Chris Wood (23, 76, 85), Aaron Lennon (55) Premier Division: Brighton 2 - 3 Burnley: Ashley Barnes (45+2), Johann Berg Gudmnundsson (66), Matej Vydra (70) The start to this season has been nothing short of ludicrous! Teams are beating everyone, goals flying in, and for us to start the campaign with a 4-2 win at Chelsea is just very bizarre. Follow that up with a 10 goal thriller at Turf Moor against Liverpool and it was a "don't adjust your tv" moments! We've scored for fun so far, and delighted to see the goals being spread around. Chris Wood is dominating again, and if he carries on like this, it'll be tough to keep hold of him. We're top of the league after four games, scoring a whopping 17 goals, but conceding 10! Always nice to be at the top, although such an awful long way to go lol Familiar foes in the group stage as we face Krasnodar and Ferencvaros who we faced last season, and AEK Athens. Should be an easy group, and I fully expect us to win it.
  14. I have tried all of which you have said and still no luck. It has also happened to me before on older FM's.. I just do not understand it.. It's like once you accidentally click on a tab there is never any going back to undo it
  15. Tried that and it still does not put them in order of position it just changes picked and unpicked players around :(
  16. Movement-related attributes like dribbling, acceleration, pace and off the ball will be more important to an AP than a DLP. Passing and vision will be important for both, but since a DLP would typically be making longer passes than an AP they are arguably more important in that role. If your DLP is on a defend duty positioning becomes especially important along with the other attributes you would expect in a defensive midfielder.
  17. It kinda does what it says on the tin. He will look for and report on the players who match your criteria. That does not mean only those players will show in your database. By the clubs database do you mean the people your club has scout reports on? Clearly this will tend to fill with players who you have set to scout.
  18. I've been unable to get the best out of him at Arsenal after buying him for £20m. Playing him in 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2
  19. Hey @Doomski, just wanted to give you a quick heads-up that I did manage RC Strasbourg pre winter update for half a season, and I was actually pretty happy with Sels, Lala and Sissoko. I do agree with Ajorque and Mothiba probably being a bit weak. I ended up with Nuno Da Costa being my main goalscoring threat.
  20. Only the APM (Hold up ball & get further forward) In a competitive league like Serie A, playing exclusively on Attacking might get you murdered though (Has been my experience using this tactic with Valencia) Moved the APM forward to striker postition with some succes in la liga, till i can make some transfers. Countering teams on cautious has been somewhat succesful
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?