Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @Keyzer Soze Your tactic makes a lot more sense than the OP one from both FM and RL football perspectives, except for the left flank, which would be extremely exposed by having the CWB and IW both on attack duty.
  3. This is the reason I always set my tactics for the next game immediately after the previous one - it makes selecting u23 availability much easier. I also never skip past the inbox message asking fro players available (if you aren't seeing it, it is a checkbox under Staff Responsibilities I think ) you can ask the u23 manager to remind you before every fixture. Worht remembering that if left to his own devices, whoever picks the team fro age-group fixtures will use the best players available to him, so first-teamer set to be available will get snapped up every time. So as annoying as it feels, I'm afraid its not a bug but you can work with it easily enough.
  4. @john1 Very good progress, you're definitely sorting the club out now! @Carlf788 Congratulations on a very decent finish, hopefully next season will see you improve again (if you don't move on). @warlock Understandable decision, best of luck in your next challenge! Charlton Season 1 - Part 3 November saw a bit of an upturn in form, with just one league defeat against Portsmouth I also failed to get knocked out of the Checkatrade Trophy (as usual) and scraped past Luton in FA Cup Round 1 after a replay December saw similar results, scraping through in both Cups after disappointing performances in easier fixtures The league form was good, a run of three wins putting me top again - before losing the last two as the year closed on a low note This leaves my team sat in 3rd as the January transfer window opens, so not too bad at all really (it's tight at the top) As you will see from the below graph, it's still Josh Parker leading the way on the pitch But both he and Lyle Taylor (who has been injured a lot) keep getting international calls, leaving only one semi-fit natural striker at times As a result, I added another forward on 6th December when I landed James Norwood on a free transfer Burton paid Tranmere £160k for his services on 26th July 2018, but after four appearances his contract was mutually terminated on 1st December With no transfer fee and wages of just £1.5k, it was a low-risk manoeuvre on my part, and he becomes a useful rotation option More interestingly you'll see the financial graph on the right, and the good news is the club balance sits at just under £64 million However, since the tycoon takeover, neither the wage budget or transfer budget have been adjusted upwards Maybe the board are concerned about FFP (which the club is on target to pass), but it looks like the transfer window is going to be a non-event
  5. Writing these from scratch. Today I finally got access to this season's game and I just started playing it around one hour ago, I'll come up with more as I keep playing. There is an inconsistency in the translation for "Create". The infinitive was used for the Fantasy Draft whereas other modes used the imperative. Grammar mistake - it should be "qual dos membros da equipa técnica é que está em controlo". That is a very casual way of addressing someone, bordering on rude depending on the situation. It's contrasting to the rest of the entire piece, where formal is used. The variables for the staff member's name and their role are reversed, causing a severe syntax issue. Spanish spelling is used for the highlighted word. The correct Portuguese version is "directrizes". I presume the English source starts with "Looks to (...)". This string was mistranslated as "Looks like it's (...)" which doesn't fit the sentence's meaning. That string on catenaccio currently reads "It looks like it nullifies the opposition's attack threats." A fixing suggestion would be "Pretende anular a ameaça de ataque da oposição." so that the correct context would be conveyed. A bit of a nitpicky one, but since the subject is "the majority" of the players, then the single verb tense should be used rather than the plural. The last sentence would be better with either "e parece estar a divertir-se no treino" or "e eles parecem estar". Football terminology. We call it "mercado de transferências". Oh wow, FCP won the Portuguese Premier league 2018 times?! That's a lot of titles! :P I guess the translator confused the "last title" and the "amount of titles" variables. It should be something like "conquistou de forma memorável a Primeira Liga pela última vez em 2018". (I'm surprised no localisation worker played as Porto, honestly.) The first highlighted bit is a double space. I've spotted a few of those in my hour of gameplay. The second highlight is a basic grammar mistake. "Victories" is female in Portuguese, however the numeral is in its male version. The third and fourth relate to inconsistencies through the entire paragraph. Sometimes the team is referred as a singular entity, sometimes the plural is used. Spelling. The highlighted word should have been "troféus" but to be fair syntax is a bit of a mess for the entire sentence. I'd rewrite it as follows: "A longa história do FCP de sucessos premiados tem-nos visto adicionar consistentemente novas entradas a uma já considerável sala de troféus." It's not a big improvement though, that's a hard sentence to work with. It's getting late, tomorrow I'll try to play the game for some more!
  6. I didn't mean any offence by it my unhinged ovine friend :-) The two roles are very different but compliment each other well.
  7. Maybe they just want more out of you. What was your negotiation stance after this? Who else went in for him? How did this end?
  8. Hi there. I've been playing a journeyman file and am completely confused by my manager reputation.I started managing in Turkey and eventually got the Konyaspor job and won the league. My reputation after this was at 1 and a half stars with a Continental Pro License which is found kinda weird but whatever.I got the Basel job, won 2 Swiss Leagues and a Swiss Cup. Reputation still at 1 and a half stars but got offered the Marseille job.Failed miserably at Marseille and now can't find a job for love nor money.Is it bugged or something? A reputation of 1 and a half stars after 4 trophies (all the trophies are rated at 3 and a half stars) seems silly and I don't want to start again after 10 years in game
  9. Yeah but still IF that's true, there should maybe be some sort of prompt like "oh hey someone is poaching our youth with as of yet unknown potential ability! Would u like to invest X amount of money to make sure he stays and progresses in our academy?" Its an easy idea to add more depth and explanation into the game, and obviously IF you are strapped for cash you are not going to take the risk on an unknown "currently invisible" player. Also the flip mode of that is you could have a scouting assignment that tries to do this to other AI clubs, where again, u are met with a prompt such as "oh hey, you over there! We found a wildly talented junior player, do u wanna pay X amount of money to sign him into our academy? BTW he might end up rubbish and we judged him incorrectly" With keep currently junior players being cheaper than signing other teams junior players. Just a thought IF this theory is true.
  10. 2013/14 Maidstone United Pen Pictures Goalkeepers :- Peter Hylton (GK). 22 years old. English (Uncapped). 5'11. 12 stone 8lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £30 per week. Value :- £5,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Sutton United (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 4. Goals Conceded - 7. Clean Sheets - 1. Career :- League Matches - 17. Goals Conceded - 30. Clean Sheets - 3. Tom Brooks (GK). 21 years old. English (Uncapped). 6'1. 13 stone 3lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £475 per week. Value :- £5,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Woking (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 30. Goals Conceded - 57. Clean Sheets - 4. Career :- League Matches - 44. Goals Conceded - 78. Clean Sheets - 8. ---------------- Defenders :- Stuart Milne (SW, M RC). 31 years old. Scottish (Uncapped). 5'8. 10 stone 9lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £90 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Bunillidh Thistle (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 15. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 197. Goals - 18. Assists - 27. Mark Williams (D L). 18 years old. Irish (Uncapped). 5'10. 12 stone 6lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £170 per week. Value :- £2,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Galway United (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 8. Goals - 0. Assists - 2. Career :- League Matches - 10. Goals - 0. Assists - 2. Steve Reid (D LC). 20 years old. Irish (Uncapped). 6'3. 13 stone 9lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £25 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Tobermore United (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 14. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 18. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Matthew Bradshaw (D C). 16 years old. English (Uncapped). 6'4. 14 stone 0lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £5 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 on a Youth Contract. This Season :- League Matches - 10. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 10. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Grant Hanley (D C). 22 years old. Scottish (Uncapped). 6'2. 11 stone 9lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £300 per week. Value :- £3,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Killymoon Rangers (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 15. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 65. Goals - 1. Assists - 3. Matthew Mkhwanazi (D C). 21 years old. Swazi (8 caps/0 goals). 5'10. 12 stone 1lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £85 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Queens University Belfast (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 23. Goals - 0. Assists - 1. Career :- League Matches - 48. Goals - 0. Assists - 2. Sean Neill (D C ). 20 years old. Northern Irish (Uncapped). 6'4. 14 stone 2lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £250 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Comber Recreation Club (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 14. Goals - 0. Assists - 1. Career :- League Matches - 45. Goals - 0. Assists - 2. Ian Rossiter (D R, WB R). 33 years old. Irish (Uncapped). 5'10. 11 stone 0lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £90 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Arklow Town (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 31. Goals - 6. Assists - 2. Career :- League Matches - 340. Goals - 36. Assists - 8. ---------------- Midfielders/Wingers :- Chris Pike (M RLC). 16 years old. English (Uncapped). 6'0. 12 stone 8lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £5 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 on a Youth Contract. This Season :- League Matches - 12. Goals - 0. Assists - 1. Career :- League Matches - 12. Goals - 0. Assists - 1. Alan Winter (M C). 21 years old. Welsh (Uncapped). 5'9. 11 stone 9lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £90 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Ruthin Town (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 15. Goals - 1. Assists - 5. Career :- League Matches - 112. Goals - 4. Assists - 17. Brian McAuley (M C). 19 years old. English (Uncapped). 5'9. 12 stone 1lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £25 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Chesterfield (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 31. Goals - 1. Assists - 2. Career :- League Matches - 31. Goals - 1. Assists - 2. Glen Logan (AM R). 20 years old. Northern Irish (Uncapped). 6'0. 12 stone 12lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £40 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Linfield (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 10. Goals - 1. Assists - 2. Career :- League Matches - 10. Goals - 1. Assists - 2. Neil O'Leary (AM R, ST). 17 years old. English (Uncapped). 6'1. 13 stone 0lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £5 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 on a Youth Contract. This Season :- League Matches - 13. Goals - 1. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 13. Goals - 1. Assists - 0. Nick Dunn (AM L). 20 years old. Scottish (Uncapped). 5'10. 12 stone 3lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £25 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Cowdenbeath (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 19. Goals - 1. Assists - 3. Career :- League Matches - 19. Goals - 1. Assists - 3. Willie Strachan (AM L). 20 years old. Scottish (Uncapped). 5'11. 12 stone 3lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £55 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 15. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 15. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. ---------------- Strikers :- Gavin Doherty (ST). 32 years old. Northern Irish (Uncapped). 6'2. 13 stone 7lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £90 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Rosario Youth Club (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 11. Goals - 1. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 177. Goals - 46. Assists - 10. Iain McMillan (ST). 21 years old. Scottish (Uncapped). 6'4. 14 stone 4lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £325 per week. Value :- £2,000. Joined Club :- 2013 from Partick Thistle (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 22. Goals - 9. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 28. Goals - 9. Assists - 0. Jamie Waggett (ST). 21 years old. English (Uncapped). 5'11. 12 stone 8lbs. Contract :- 3 months, £90 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 from Denbigh Town (Free Transfer). This Season :- League Matches - 16. Goals - 2. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 76. Goals - 12. Assists - 1. Graham McLoughlin (ST). 16 years old. English (Uncapped). 5'11. 13 stone 0lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £5 per week. Value :- £0. Joined Club :- 2013 on a Youth Contract. This Season :- League Matches - 6. Goals - 1. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 6. Goals - 1. Assists - 0. Simon Smith (ST). 16 years old. English (Uncapped). 5'9. 11 stone 13lbs. Contract :- 1 year 3 months, £5 per week. Value :- £1,000. Joined Club :- 2013 on a Youth Contract. This Season :- League Matches - 11. Goals - 0. Assists - 0. Career :- League Matches - 11. Goals - 0. Assists - 0.
  11. As you can see, aside from a few senior players my team is now almost entirely made up of youth graduates. Defender Adam Simon and midfielder Leo Gros were this year's breakout stars, and they both look like they will grow into great players in the future. Once again Youssef Ben Ali cleaned up at the awards night, and was the league's standout performer, while Valentin Lavigne won the golden boot. Five seasons in at this level, and we still don't meet the ground grading...
  12. So none of these worked, apparently. I'm going to try creating a hidden stage that doesn't schedule any matches that goes past the date that I need it to.
  13. Today
  14. The beauty of football is that anyone see it in a different way. As a Benfica fan, I've watched, with joy, many games this season, and I must confess that my view of the tactic is very different from yours. Goalkeeper: Odisseias is not a sweeper keeper, unfortunately, because in some games we could avoid some probrl3if he plays further up the pitch. He plays always inside the box, taking very little risks. A plain and simple goalkeeper with defence duty. Right back: André Almeida is more a fullback with support duty. Yes he goes up the pitch, but always with less risk when compare with Grimaldo on the left. Whe don't see him roam from position. I some games he play more like wingback, getting more up the pitch, but most of the time he plays like a fullback. Left back: In here I agree with you, Grimaldo is a complete wingback, but for me he plays with a attack duty. Centerbacks: Ferro and Ruben Dias, make a very solid back line. Ferro, imo, his a perfect ball playing defender. He tries long passes a lot this season. Ruben Dias is central defender. However he does try to bring the ball from the defence, so that trait his a must to emulate the way he plays. Center midfield: The most common line up in the center midfield was the combo Gabriel + Samaris. For me this is DLP(s) + BWM(s) combination. Yes, both on support. Gabriel, the DLP, must have the trait to switch the ball to the other flank. Samaris, the BWM, must have the instruction to hold position and dribble less. Right Midfiled: 100% agree with you. Pizzi is a wide playmaker, but I'll give him a attack duty. Bare in mind that then WP(a) don't get further forward by default, and Pizzi have the trait to come deep to get the ball. Left Midfield: The left midfielder, usually Rafa, is not a wide playmaker. He plays very close to the box, many times acting like a second forward. I would use him as a inverted winger on attack. I would make him learn the trait to get into the opponent box. Forwards: To me this is no brainer. Felix is a trequartista playing in the attacking midfield strata and Severovic is a pressing forward with attack duty. In relation with team instructions, I agree with some that you've choose, but some I don't think make much sense in the way Benfica plays. For example, I don't see Benfica preventing the opponent goalkeeper distribution, I don't see the team, as a whole, pressing more urgently, I don't see the team focus the passing through the middle or being extremely wide. In fact I don't even think that play with a mentality so attacking because they don't rush the play that much. So, I would probably go with something like this: Mentality: positive Instructions: pass into space, work ball into the box, whipped crosses, be more expressive, distribute to center backs and full backs, counter-press, counter, higher d-line, higher LOE, use offside trap. Like I said I the beginning, everyone sees football in a different way. I don't even think if this could work in football manager, but, with the tools that FM gives us, this is the way I would try to simulate Bruno Lage tactic.
  15. August 2019 No doubt about it, this was a poor start to the season. I'd made some changes to the tactics over the course of the pre-season with the intention of being more defensively solid. It didn't really work, as you can see. Our defence wasn't great and our attack was mostly useless. The wins against Sheffield Wednesday and Luton were not exactly convincing. In the Carabao Cup, we earned a penalty shootout thanks to an equalizer with pretty much the last kick of the game, and promptly lost the shootout 3-0. We also missed from the spot in the 1-0 loss to Cardiff. The match against Forest was every bit as bad as the scoreline suggested. After that, I decided I was going to give up on the changes I made to the system as I'd clearly got something badly wrong. So, I reverted back to something very similar to last season's tactics against Burnley and the difference was immediately obvious. Although we didn't get the win, we looked far more threatening and were mainly foiled by a very unfortunate own goal from our goalkeeper. But, if we can keep up this level of performance going forward, I think we'll be much more like where we want to be.
  16. Anyway to change the club logo and kits after already being created?
  17. December 2021 A late winner in the 88th minute by our left wing-back Cameron Pring, handed us our 40th point of the season so far. Notts County were very cagey and tried to catch us on the break throughout this match, but we piled on the pressure late on and it eventually told, when Prings shot hit the back of the net. It could be a crucial moment come the end of this season, and it moves to within a point of the 3rd automatic promotion place. Watford U23’s dumped us out of the Checkatrade Trophy on a 4-1 scoreline. Young 20 year-old forward, Ryan Cassidy, struck twice for the visitors in the 1st half, to see them 2 up at the halftime break. Jamie Proctor pulled a goal back around the hour mark, but by stage we were already 3-0 down. Their centre-half Federico Fernandez scored to make it 4-1. It was the 1st time I’ve been beaten in Home Park since I took charge of Plymouth Argyle. Jamie Proctors late equaliser in the 81st minute, salvaged a point from our long distance away trip to Carlisle. The home team went in front in 1st half stoppage time, when Daniel Butterworth met a cross from right full-back Teddy Howe. We had an early goal by Cameron Sangster disallowed after 8 minutes, when he was adjudged to be offside. In the 2nd half, we pushed for an equaliser, and the pressure told when Proctor headed in a cross from the left by substitute Ryan Sweeney. Having played 23 matches in the league this season, it means we’ve now reached the halfway point in the season and still sit in the playoff places in 5th place. I received an early Christmas present, when the board agreed to extend my contract until June 2023. Despite the heavy defeat to Watford U23’s in the Checkatrade Trophy, we picked up 4 points from both league matches with the aid of late goals, so I’m reasonably happy as we go into the hectic Christmas and New Year schedule. Our next match is at home to the struggling Ebbsfleet United, who aren’t coping very well with life back down in League Two. We’ve an 8 day break until the Boxing Day fixture, when we face Stevenage away, before another away trip 2 days later, when we travel up to Blackpool. On New Year's day, we start 2022 by hosting Wrexham, who are currently 2nd in the table. A week later, Southend United visit Home Park hoping to edge themselves away from the relegation zone.
  18. Ludogorets Club - arguably the biggest club in Bulgaria, we have been rivalling with CSKA-Sofia for the league title for the last decade. Squad - at first glance I like what I see. There are also players in our B, U19, and U18 squads, although nobody noteworthy. Finances - these are the numbers that I like to see, and should help me should any immediate signings are required.
  19. Hi! So I hadn't realised that I had my football manager data on my SSD drive and not the larger drive. So while I was playing the SSD essentially ran out of space and FM crashed. When I moved everything around it worked but I think FM started deleting non essential data to make it work as long as possible. Not holding on to any of the lost data (I saved way beyond the point of data like past managers, league history had already been deleted) but I'm really deep into the save and it's quite annoying that none of the data saves now. I thought now that I have cleared space (500gb lol) it would resume from that point but that's not the case. Anyone know what's going on and if there's any way to resume the save keeping histories. Like nothing appears when I look at past league positions. If a manager leaves or is sacked, you can't their record or their being there in the club's manager history page (although it'll still show they managed that team if you go on the manager's page) Cheers!
  20. During my game againgst PSV, I noticed some erratic defender movement during the play resulting in the 3-0. Mazraoui has the ball on the right flank as an FB(A) and is ready to cross it. Otero is in the W(A) position and moved into the box at the far post. He is marked by PSV's right back (Perreira I believe). Right before Mazraoui whips in the cross, Perreira diagionally runs out of the box, completely away from his position for no discernable reason (as there was no opponent there). It left Otero completely free to score the goal. I've included the .pkm but let me know if you need anything else. Ajax v PSV.pkm
  21. I'm pretty sure this is the game replicating those young prospects who move to bigger clubs when they were under the age of 16 (i.e. before they were generated in-game). Think Raheem Sterling (who went from QPR to Liverpool when he was 15) or Jadon Sancho (who joined Man City from Watford just before his 15th birthday).
  22. I did reported this back in fm17, never got an explanation but the only thing that my mind can make for it is a Harry Kane situation where player was in U12 or something with united, was turned down and tottenham picked him up still, right now in the same save it keeps happening randomly with this youth going to teams with lower reputation like west ham or southampton
  23. Brazilian text was inserted in the game. While "salvo" exists in Portugal, it's completely incorrect if used in a game context. Portuguese people will understand it regardless, thanks to massive exposure to Brazilian localisations (and situations like this are part of the reason). Correct options would be "gravado" or "guardado". It becomes worse because there's various instances of "gravar" in the same screen. "Fazer login" is usually translated as "iniciar sessão". Transliterating "login" doesn't sound professional in my opinion.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?