Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Norway takes Kiko of Andorra. This is yet another, no clue pick...
  3. Hi Knap! What tactic would you recommend for Real Madrid? Cheers
  4. This. That's all you need to do. It's not even difficult to "get right" for the most part. There are little things that we might miss at first, but that comes with either asking on the forum or checking in-game and learning through experience. ------------------------ If you have an assistant manager, especially if he has a decent Motivating attribute, check how he/she would handle it. Most of us know that praising a win and criticising a loss etc. or what I call the basics. Where it gets a little more complicated is when you add context. It's nice to praise your Man City team for beating Watford 5 - 0 away from home. Do they still deserve praise for only beating lowly Huddersfield 1 - 0 when you're playing at home too? On the other hand, if you're Watford, playing at home and you get whipped by Man City 5 - 0, criticism is justified. If you're lowly Huddersfield, you managed to go to their home and "only" lose 1 - 0, that's not a bad result. If you're a team on a winning run and confidence is high, it's perfectly fine to demand another win with your pre-match talk. If you're on a losing run and morale is rock bottom, demanding a win when there's no confidence anyway, might be a bad idea. ------------- If you really want to get into it more, check out the assistant manager's team talk feedback screen from the last match. It tells you how players reacted, as well as insight from the assistant as to what effect your talk had. You can get great insights from him/her. Things like praising a team at the end of the match when they had superb morale and "looking very confident" ends up being "seemed to let it go to his head" or "lost focus" or something to that effect. Or criticising a team at half time for "only" being 1 - 0 instead of winning easily already. You will see especially the more professional guys "seemed determined to respond" or "appreciated the critical feedback". You can check out "Why all the fuss about team talks" here for some extra reading, for instance: CCC4.pdf In it, I try and give the complete opposite of what's expected and find out that even if you get it spectacularly wrong, it's not the end of the world in terms of results or player reactions. It does depend on their personalities though, as I explain there.
  5. Today
  6. Ukraine has a very good youth score, so if u invest in youth facilities and coaching u can get some nice regens that can be the next shevchenko, those kinda rules are made exactly for that, to let youth growth if not, by now most eastern europe team would be full of south americans
  7. Hello guys✌️✌️ There is no hd mode on my android device The fonts are too small to watch. Is there any way to increase the fonts size in fmm19 on my android device?? On ipads there is a option of hd mode and when you turn it off fonts become bigger. I want these type of fonts Plz can you help me guys @FrazT@HUNT3R🙏🙏🙏 Fonts are too small. No hd mode option👇👇👇
  8. Thats basically the way to go, just be ob the look out to rotate so the 2nd xi guys won't be unhappy, with this system only one on my fullbacks whines for playing time a season and normally the "x is playing too good to be replaced, be prepared when he drops performance" option works like a charm if the guy is in a "im out of here, like it or not" situation just sell him and look for replacement, unless the player is a 180+ CA it can be replaced without problem
  9. Without reading all the details of this specific example, I have to say that many conversations are not only unrealistic but also illogical. Three examples among many common situations: 1. The board decides to waste money on something huge, but then denies you something minor due to "financial problems" 2. A player under-performed terribly and accepted your fine, but then rejects your claim that he is under-performing in a conversation next day. 3. You have money to spend, but the potential transfer player refuses to negotiate with you saying that you don't have money to offer (before even listening to your offer). Thought not a top priority, SI developers could take a look on this, maybe polishing a bit the algorithms would help a lot here.... Cheers.
  10. Complacency is frustrating. I demand and fine and substitute. "Whipping must continue until morale improves..."
  11. Hey there friend, i have a fully completed database of argentina. if you want we can work out somethings together. https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/805-sistema-de-ligas-de-argentina-fm19-beta/
  12. *This post is for FM18 Hello and welcome to my Staines Project thread. I have been playing this FM game for the past 14 going on to 15 Seasons and I've invested a huge amount of time into it over the last year and a half. I'd like to thank the creators for making such an enjoyable and addicting game. I also would like to rant about how frustrating and infuriating the game can be at times! I'm coming to the point in the game where I'd like to tie up loose ends and move on to newer and better pastures (FM19). I can't do this however until I finally satiate my desire to lead Staines to glory so I've created this thread in the hope that I can document my experiences for myself and others to help analyse where I can improve as a manager. Previous Season Staines 31/32 Predicted 8th, Board expectation finish top half – Success New Season Staines 32/33 After playing through last season I feel there is a need to adapt to certain situations, specifically mentality wise where I saw myself lose about 9 games away from home which led me to think that maybe if I had setup a defensive minded tactic I may have turned those losses into draws and also if I had a more attack minded tactical variant perhaps I could have turned my draws into wins. Now perhaps I shouldn't have made wholesale changes to my base tactic but I felt like I needed to try to rule out over complicating things with too many TI's and I also felt changing certain player roles made more logical sense. Alteration from 1 primary tactic to 3 tactics Tactical Style and Vision: This will be my starting point for how I look to improve my current tactic as I look to become more successful, please note this is a work in progress and my ideas may and probably will be flawed I hope however that by documenting my experiences I will be able to learn and become a better FM player whether through my own ideas or through forum responses. My main objectives are to be successful (I.e win silverware) with the 4141 formation, use a low block, have my lone striker to be the main scorer and have one of the best defensive records. I am aware this will be really challenging as I am no FM expert but hopefully I will do myself proud. Please note that some of my tactical instructions are based on what I've read on the forums over the years and through conversations with other FM players, they may or may not be the right type of instructions to be used. To play the low block I use the Team Instruction drop deeper apart from when I play my defensive tactic where they should be plenty deep already due to the mentality. I may have to alter how deep the instruction is when using my attacking tactic perhaps dropping even deeper as the attacking mentality may push my D-line up further than I want. Due to the passive nature of dropping deeper I have set the majority of my team apart from my STK to tackle harder, I do this because I believe as we allow the opposition to come on to us there is a more desperate need to make and win a tackle because the alternative could see the opposition make a breakthrough on goal. I think the main principles of the low block are to allow the opposition space in the wide areas close to our box but to control all that goes on in our box, this requires my defenders to be able to deal with crosses therefore I foresee certain attributes like anticipation, positioning, jumping and heading to be key. Although I want to encourage the opposition to go down the wide areas I think it might be a fine balancing act as I don't want the oppostion to have too much time on the ball for them to easily pick out the best cross. So to prevent this I think it's important to apply some kind of pressure to opposition wingers. For the time being I have my full backs set with the PI's close down more hopefully to reduce the effectiveness of opposition crosses and to help win the ball back. I also have the TI's Use tighter marking and Use offside trap applied, these are set more from outside advice rather than my own, I think however I can see why tighter marking would be beneficial as I play so close to my own goal I don't want the opposition to find any space and I want my players to be as close as they can be to their markers for them to be able to engage them as soon as they can. Use tighter marking may become problematic against the really top sides if they possess players with great off the ball movement, dribbling and agility so I may need to consider disabling this instruction in certain situations. I want my ML, MCL, STK and MR to be my main goal threat, Assist/support wise I want to see my DL, MCR, and DR be the main providers for my team and defensively I'd like to see the GK, 2x CB and DM provide solidity at the back. I'm hoping to see something along the lines of this:- *You may note that the above picture plays with a winger and that's because during the 31/32 season that was the role I used, this season however I'm going to opt for a Wide Midfielder role. Player role changes and Info GK – SKd will be changed to GKd. This change is going to be made for simplicity, I think I make things more complicated than I need to at times so I'm reverting back to a generic GK and if I feel I need to change the role I will do so but only after I feel there is a need to after watching matches. I have set the distribution to the DL as I feel this is the best option to retain possession and the best option to bring the ball up from defence. 1st choice: 2nd choice: DL - Primarily will be IWBs although this might change to a FullBack defend with the 4141 defend tactic. With the base tactic I might consider changing this role to a Wingback if I feel I need more width and on the attacking tactic I might change the duty to attack if I feel I need more men forward. This role will have gets further forward PI as I see this as a supporting role during the attacking transition he should enter the MCL/AMCL position when we attack. Attribute wise I expect this role to be very demanding as he will need get up and support as well as defend fortunately I believe I have a very competent player in Diegmann - 1st choice: my only concern is whether his off the ball and first touch is enough to make him effective as a supporting player. Trait wise I may consider asking him to learn gets further forward. 2nd choice: Rodrigo regularly played as a Winger and IWBs last season but as second choice to Diegmann I need to consider whether he is up to the job. I feel he's a fairly decent player but probably more suited to a Wingback role rather than a IWB I think this guy could do a job against teams in the bottom half of the table but against those higher he may not have enough quality so I may need to look to see if I can bring someone in from the transfer market. The problem is that I see this as a very demanding role so I might not be able to find a player of sufficient quality. DC – These will most likely be CDd roles, I want these guys to tackle hard, be good in the air, read the game well and not surrender possession too cheaply. Looking at the team comparison page shows me that the highest average for jumping from attackers is around 14 so ideally I'll want my central defenders to have a jumping reach of 14 or higher. With Off the ball the highest average is a whopping 17.6 so I think my defenders will need to have really good positioning perhaps 17 or higher, realistically I have to acknowledge this will be a very tricky find. Anticipation and tackling I think I'll need around the 15-16 mark. After looking through my central defenders it becomes clear to me that most are more suited to the defensive centre back role rather than the central defender role. They all lack the composure to hold onto the ball which could be detrimental as they may panic and not be able to play the ball out from the back or hold on to the ball whilst being pressed. 1st choice: Coria looks to be an excellent prospect for the future and could potentially play as a BPDd in the future. Unfortuantely his Aggression, Bravery and Composure really let him down but he is still young so it's possible for him to improve, maybe not so much his Aggression and Bravery but his composure should increase. I'll just have to pay special attention to whether his lack of aggression and bravery results in him not going in to win challenges. 2nd choice: Originally I wanted this guy playing as a Halfback or Anchor Man like last season but after assessing my defenders I feel I'm forced into playing this guy in central defence to make up for the qualities Coria doesn't possess. Vargas has the aggression and bravery I need, he is also composed the only attribute I have a concern over is his jumping reach. Ideally I wanted 14 or above but unfortunately this is something I think I have to sacrifice in order to make up for Coria's shortfalls and also my other backup defenders shortfalls. Again I may have to look into the transfer market to see if I can find a player who would fit better as a central defender in my system. One thing to note is I believe Diegmann has the ability to play the CDd role but that would mean finding a replacement at DL. Backup choices: DR – This guy I want to play as a WBs or if he got forward enough to support a FBs, last season I chose a WBs role because I felt the FB role just didn't get forward enough. I need this guy to be good defensively but also he must be able to get forward and provide support with passing but really he needs to be a good crosser of the ball. 1st choice: Tuta I used Tuta in this position last season and I think it's clear to see he's not exactly fit for the role I want him to play and this is possibly the weakest link in my system. I will have to look for a replacement in the transfer window for someone more fitting. He is a good player defensively though which is why I used him to play DR last season but I think I'll need a player with better dribbling, crossing, passing, off the ball and composure going forward. 2nd choice is really more of the same so I won't bother posting any more details up. DMC – I'm torn between two roles in this position I like how the Half Back moves and I got the impression it looked more defensively solid that the Anchor Man, if I remember correctly I think I observed the Anchor Man get further forward than the Half Back during my attacking transition so I've opted to choose the Half Back role. His sole purpose is to provide defensive cover whilst being able to be used to recycle possession. Attribute wise Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Bravery will all be key though he will also probably need decent amounts for composure and passing. 1st choice should have been Vargas but because he's now vital to my central defence I'm forced to look elsewhere. 1st choice: I think Williams could play this role quite well my only real concern is his lack of height and Jumping reach. 2nd choice: Steve Freeman Backup choice: Milomir Buzic ML – Last season I opted for a Winger attack which performed okay but after reading certain threads I came to the conclusion that a WMs might be a more logical option the reasoning behind this is due to the Winger role's description. The Winger aims to beat his man down the flank and put a cross in, which is fine if I had men forward... but because I set my team so deep it's likely that the winger will only have one real option to cross - that being the lone forward. What I think I really need is for my ML to hold the ball up more so my team can catch up and go forward as a unit. I still wouldn't mind him going wide and crossing but I need him to do it when I have players in the box. This obviously puts more of a demand on the attribute requirements as I'll no longer only need pace, acceleration, dribbling and crossing etc. Required for a winger but more work rate, team work, passing and strength. 1st choice: Rodrigo could fit the bill here he has a good range of attributes my concern would be whether his attacking attributes are enough to cause the opposition problems, Off the ball of 11 may not be good enough. 2nd choice: Jed could be my best option for the future he's young with some potential so I could try and mould him into something I want. MCL – This role was mainly a CMa last season and I liked what it did going forward but defensively I feel it could have been better therefore this season I thought I would try out the Box to box midfielder role with the PI gets further forward coupled possibly with the trait gets into opposition area. 1st choice: Wilson was my CMa last season and led the way with assists but only scored 4 goals, by looking at him I think he would play best as a Mezz but that doesn't fit with how I want to play so I will either try to shoehorn him into my tactic or I will get rid. I'm leaning towards the latter as he's unlikely to be able to fulfil the role I want him to play. The player trait of Runs With Ball Down Left is exactly what I don't want him to do unless I have my ML cut inside. I want this guy to be an attacking presence in the box so I will probably have to look in the transfer market again to find a more suitable player. Wilson does give me a different option however so I may hold off on selling him just yet. Backup choices aren't really of any note, I should look to bring in more competition for this role if available. MCR – Last season I played this role as a DLPs which played okay however this season I'm opting for a generic CMs as I don't want play focusing through one player and I want a bit more defensively from the CMs. This is a supporting role so I'll be looking for passing, first touch, balance, teamwork, decisions and possibly off the ball. Player trait wise I might look for tries killer passes, plays one-twos, dictates tempo or switches ball to other flank. 1st choice: The trait Gets further possible may need to be unlearned. This guy is also an option to play in the B2B role. 2nd choice: The runs with ball through centre trait I'm not keen on so that maybe something I need to remove. Back up choice: MR – This role I want to be an IW because I believe I have one of the best players in the game who can play this role. 1st choice: 2nd choice: Back up choice: STK – This role I'm still unsure of as I want him to be our primary goalscorer but because he is our sole striker he will need to do a variety of things such as link up with the midfield. Last season I attempted the Poacher and DLFa role and while both worked at times there were also times where it was still a bit inconsistent. This season I will opt for a CFs role although this may be changed to an attack duty if I don't see him regularly being my primary scorer. 1st choice: Due to the sheer amount of offside calls I had against him last season (something like 140 in one season) I have asked him to unlearn the beat offside trap trait. 2nd choice: I have the option to purchase this guy for £8.75m and I see him as a good option to have as 2nd choice. Back up options: Ajina and
  13. Which editor file are you using? And did you encounter any bugs yet?
  14. 1. Read the report from your coaches for the players getting the red cards: do they have "competitive streak" feature? If the answer is yes then there is the reason for a constant red card 2. Chill out, a team from conference/national league RARELY gets past round 3 even less possible against a former premier/championship team 3. If u put pressure on your squad saying "we can win" im sure the players will tackle harder due to frustration while being owned by a far superior oponent In short don't drown in a glass of water man, did you lose 0-10, thats the way it is, just turn the page over and don't try the almost imposible
  15. I have a similar issue, but I am also using a logopack from Uncle_Sam, and instead a lot of the Canadian colleges seem to use random American college logos
  16. First of all and most importantly: brexit doesn't affect llm much, it only really affects championship sides (the good way), some league 1 teams (also the good way) and the premier (good/bad depending on outcome) Second: llm that gets affected actually benefits as work permits in most common outcomes are wage based so is easy to get foreigns a wp And for last: this is kinda real, brexit has to affect football sooner or later, don't think that guardiola or klopp will just say "screw this" and press a reset buttom or just go to another league (this last one is possible, but it really gonna depend on how much rebuild they'll have to do with thier squads), managers will have to adapt, like it or not, first time i got a hard brexit i was kinda pissed since it got me by surprise and that save ia still active for me being my most succesful save, don't just think that a simple rule change will destroy your save, give that new rule set at least a season or two, it could very well make the game a lil bit more interesting, on top of that, who knows if before brexit actually affects football we get some silly new rule where teams have to role 4 homegrown in starting XI to help the national team to develop talent? Will that ruin FM even if thats what the real deal in that hipotetic future? I always ask myself that anytime someone's save gets "ruined" by brexit.
  17. Youth intake players asking for that much is kinda of exploit countermeasure, as players don't sign contracts right away after they are generated (they need more or less a week) human player can exploit this and get the best youth in the world with "no effort" so "wasting" 150k/pw of budget for 5 youngsters would back slash a bit if tight in wage budget only thing i'd worry is the player not developing and wasting all that wage a lil gain when reselling them (their original team get a % of next transfer so even less) if by any chance the player is already scouted or is a sure world class potential (4 yellow stars of potential and a black one) it is worth it the penalty of paying 30k a week for them As for me, i never do this, i do scout newly generated players, and sign ONLY if the player is in lower/low reputation leagues which is rare and realistic
  18. Round 28 - June 2021 Costa Rica, Uruguay and Canada don't feature in this round Ukraine (Weiry) Won 4-2 against Switzerland I choose Djibril Sow to join Ukraine Romania @Muttley84 Won 7-0 against Latvia Please choose ONE player to join Romania USA @JaytheGreat Won 2-1 against Martinique Please choose ONE player to join USA Serbia @Koetzer and Poland @estewu Drew 1-1 Serbia’s Nikola Maras is swapped with Poland’s Karol Linetty Mexico @ssestig Won 4-0 against St Kitts and Nevis Please choose ONE player to join Mexico Israel @makovn Drew 1-1 with Slovakia Israel’s Omer Atzili is swapped with Slovakia’s Juraj Kucka Kosovo @terence123470 Lost 4-0 to Croatia Loses Fanol Perdedaj Portugal @TheSparkyDee Lost 5-1 to Spain Loses Jan Obalk to Spain Rep. of Ireland @GylfiAsCharged Won 2-1 against Moldova Please choose ONE player to join Rep. of Ireland Norway @XaW Won 5-0 against Andorra Please choose ONE player to join Norway Russia @dkouv Drew 1-1 with Germany No Swap New Zealand @Reifi Won 3-1 against Papua New Guinea Please choose ONE player to join New Zealand Luxembourg @scousevasey Won 3-1 against Gibraltar Takes Louie Annesley (Highest Valued Player) This concludes Round 28 The following members have 24 hours to select a player Muttley84 JaytheGreat ssestig GylfiAsCharged XaW Reifi
  19. Well, actually, what he has said is that your idea of symmetry can work in the game even though it's not the way he would play. He has also said that he would like to see more information about your tactical approach and what is actually happening in games before he knows enough to comment, or offer help. Which is a lot more than 'zero'. So rather than be sarcastic, try offering some more information so that a knowledgeable man can try to help you with your question. If you really think that a simple list of roles and duties is enough for anyone to draw tactical conclusions from, then I suspect your problems may well lie in your approach to FM rather than the tactic/players. If you give a player the IF role, then he will always be far more likely to cut inside than go wide - it's up to the rest of your roles/duties to proved an outlet for that other than a square pass to a Full Back. If you have a right-footed player on the left flank, you would be asking him to cross with his weaker foot which won;t help your attacks much, therefore the intelligent player would tend to favour his stronger foot (right) and cut inside to use it. Using the Messi example, you have set a role that instructs him to come inside, so, in order to manipulate his behaviour you have to go into his PIs, or Player Traits would be better - train him to run with ball down the left, add PI to do the same (not even sure it's possible with an IF) and these might help. But, with Messi, why would you want him to do that anyway? Surely he is far more effective with the ball at his feet and running at defenders driving into the box. You have said that you want these 'elite' players to do their own thing and not be constricted by extra instructions but then complain about it when they do - I don't know the history of the development that well but I would imagine this is exactly why we were given the option to train/untrain Traits and individually select player instructions. BTW, I don't think calling Ousmanne Dembele a monkey is a good idea either. So that's my 'zero pennies' worth offered - up to you what you do with it.
  20. A hotel lobby, Wednesday 7 July, 2039, present days When Penny Stiles arrived in the hotel lobby, she saw Max, her analyst, waiting for her. «Hey minimax! - Hey old hag!» he shot back. - «Jon isn’t there yet? - Nope. Shouldn’t be long though …» As he said the last word, they heard the elevator bell. Both turned their head. The elevator doors opened and Jon emerged from the car. - «There you are you tardy!» said Penny. - «Here I am you limping harpy! Still grumpy as usual I see!» She offered him a smile in response. - «The damn edge was so high that I had to sit on it just to be able to enter the bath!» Max looked at her, dumfounded. - «Your bath’s edge is that high? - There was no rail to hold on to…» Both Jon and Max knew Penny very well and could easily imagine her, swearing in the bathroom… Jon Stead met Penny Stiles for the first time almost fifteen years ago. She’s just been given the reign of Aston Villa and he had gotten an interview to become her Assistant Manager. If the first thing he noticed was the crutch, because it was unmistakable of course, the second thing was her eyes; they relayed determination, and ambition. The process took over one hour but in less than fifteen minutes, he was under her spell. Five days later, he signed his contract and since then, he blessed himself for accepting the call from the first woman manager in the Premiere League. When she left for the National team, she convinced him to stay at Villa but also to be her Assistant Manager with the Three Lions. For Max Gunn though, it was a different story. He ignored her initial phone call for a job interview fourteen years ago; he was an analyst with Swansea at the time. He wouldn’t do the same mistake twice when she called again three years after. Villa was solidly entrenched in third place on the table at that time, and she would get her place in the Champions League. In the Europa League, she was in the Semi-Finals and, for what he saw, he thought she would reach the Final, and get her win; Villa was on fire since January already. She effectively did got it, and with style too; a soul crushing 6-0 win against poor Wolfsburg. When she left Villa, she asked him to follow her, on FA payroll, fulltime with the Three Lions. The trio started to walk toward the exit and they could see a minibus with the Arsenal logo waiting for them, with a tall man in his thirties right in front of it. Once they exited the hotel, the man came to them at a brisk pace and with a wide smile. «Hi! I’m Eric and I am from the team’s hospitality crew». Penny extended her hand forward to shake the man’s. Jon and Max followed. - «Thanks Eric. I’m Penny, here are Jon and Max. - I hope all the accommodations are to your liking». Penny decided to put her personal pride away. - «Everything is perfect. Shall we go?» The man waved the trio toward the vehicle. As they hit the road, Penny got her tablet out and started to sift through some pages of text. Jon and Max stayed silent. They knew that she liked to re-read what she considers to be main topics of future discussion. Both men had talked at length during the flight from New York to London. Max had gotten a hold on every single reports, about all the players in the main squad and, with Jon, they went through them while trying to make them fit, or not, with what they knew. Penny, who was dead tired, simply withdrew from the talks by unfolding her sleeping seat; first class flights have privileges. As the trio were getting out of the airplane, Max gave the excerpt of the different conclusions Jon and he had come to. At least, they knew four players very well. Domingo Ruiz, the goalkeeper, was bought by Penny seven years ago; he was among the top ten goalkeepers in the world. Diego Pearce and Leon Smith were both former Villa Academy players she integrated to the main squad rapidly. Finally, there was Reuben Edge, a solid central defender they learned to know and like with the Three Lions. They all thought, Penny first and foremost, that to have four players who had played for more than three or four years each for her in a club, would give leverage to her reputation. The fourth was a bonus; he knew her in a setting that was very different, where expectations are almost unbearable in England, whoever you might be. She wouldn’t be able to use Reuben and Leon right at start though; they both got a respite after the World Cup. As for Domingo, the man would be playing the World Cup final in three days…
  21. Another treble won in Armenia and also takes us over the 1000 points in total.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?