Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Interesting! I like to see problems and solution. Do you test your ideas? This problem is always a problem of mentality. Not in game mentality but yours. Do you want to let opposite come in your side to better counter? Or be more conservative and more patient when the ball is recovered?
  3. I've had to stop this 6 seasons on as the game isn't generating fixtures for northern Ireland clubs at the start of the 6th season.i am absolutely gutted.
  4. Youve got about as much chance of it happening as it does IRL. Which I imagine would be very little to none.
  5. So there’s no point of me starting with Jong Ajax with the aim of managing Ajax?
  6. This sounds really interesting, but it also sounds that you will have to be quite in-depth in your posting in order to do it justice?
  7. Training programs are built around each squad's match days and your Reserves tend to have different match days to your senior squad. So unless they played all of their matches on exactly the same day as your seniors, you can't really have exactly the same training program. What you can do however is ensure your Reserves are using the same tactic as your senior squad (found under Staff Responsibilities > Reserves) which may give you a broadly similar training program (assuming you have a member of staff control general training).
  8. Not much to happen this season in the transfer activity, but at national level Brugge have been extremely active on the market.
  9. Thanks, but how ? I've been looking in the training section, in the calendar, in the staff responsibilities... But didn't find an option to set, or to enable or disable.
  10. Niel Brock, are you guys in contact with Apple about this issue? I know that Apple suggest people to keep there computer turned on for a longer period to re-build cashes etc..
  11. Pretty ok with all your advices but Griezmann can’t be a treq. He is the one iniating the pressing so I’d put him in the AM strata as Shadow Striker or even AP(A) (it’s more his role when he plays with the French National Team). With his PPM’s and attributes it should work.
  12. Vikeologist's 2032/3 Bradford Park Avenue (and Wales) Report  Midway through the season I’d had enough at Bradford PA. We were the smallest team in the league, and by Christmas essentially stood no chance of winning the league. We were in the playoffs, but promotion through the playoffs counts for nothing in this challenge. Dundalk, the favourites for the Irish Premiership, approached me for an interview, which I decided to attend. They then didn’t offer me the job, but I’d essentially already decided that I wanted to leave. Easy success is boring, but it’s better than difficult mediocrity. The job at my boyhood club, Hibs became available, and I jumped at the chance to end my Park Avenue purgatory. Bradford PA were 5th when I left. Without me they plummeted down the table and ended up in 10th. So let's start again Vikeologist's 2032/3 Hibernian (and Wales) Report  Hibs were 6th when I took over, more or less assured of finishing in the top half, but with work to do to make it to the top 5 and (probable) European qualification. We made it to 3rd place in the final match of the season, which is important as it puts us into the Europa League group stage. Talking of the Europa League, we were still in that and made it to the quarter finals where were knocked out by fellow-Scots Rangers in a tie we should have won. We were also still in the Scottish Cup and made it to the final against Cletic where we… Well, I’m writing this before playing the match, so let’s see what happens /happened. Oh well, we lost 5-0. It was a close match until we had to chase it in the second half. Still, quite a productive final third of a season though. Now I can get rid of the plyers who don’t fit my system, and hopefully plug the gaps. We’ve made a lot of money this season, though pretty much all of that is going to go into improving our training facilities and making our utterly inadequate stadium capacity slightly less so. As for my international job with Wales, last summer’s Euros seems so long ago, I can barely remember it. We started off with a good 0-0 draw against Germany, but a draw against Greece and defeat to Italy meant that we were knocked out in the group stage. We were also relegated from Nations League A losing all 4 matches against Holland and Portugal. This might all sound bad, but frankly it’s to be expected, as we haven’t been in the World top 30 for ages. We’ve made a good start to World Cup qualifying with a couple of wins against our 2 main rivals (for 2nd place in the group) Bulgaria and Lithuania, so we should make it to another tournament. Domestic Season Team Division Position Notes 18 Shelbourne Ire 1st 2nd Promoted through playoffs. 19 Shelbourne Ire Prem Left midway through season with club mid-table (5th). 19/20 Tranmere Van NL 1st Lost in FA Trophy S/F on penalties. 20/21 Tranmere L2 1st 21/22 Bradford L1 2nd Automatic promotion as best losers. Good for Bradford. Bad for my challenge. 22/23 Bradford Ch 2nd Runners up (and promoted) again 23/24 Derby L1 1st 24/25 Derby Ch 2nd 25/26 Carmarthen Welsh PL 1st League/Welsh Cup Double 26/7 Carmarthen Welsh PL 2nd Welsh Cup 27/8 Carmarthen Welsh PL 1st League /Irn Bru Cup 28/9 Carmarthen Welsh PL 1st NMG Cup, league and reached group stage of Europa League. 29/30 Newcastle Ch 1st Cakewalk. 30/31 Bradford PA Van North 15th 31/32 Bradford PA Van North 7th Knocked out in 1st round of playoffs. 32/33 Bradford PA Van North Left at end of January with team in 5th place. 32/33 Hibernian Scottish PL 3rd Took team from 6th to 3rd. Europa League Q/F, Scottish Cup Losing Finalists International Year Team Achievements 23-24 Ireland 7 months, 2 defeats. 24-28 Scotland Promotion from Nations League C. 2026 World Cup 2nd round. Promotion from Nations League B 2028 Euros - 1 point from group stage and sacked. 28- Wales Failed to win promotion from Nations League B or qualify for the 2030 World Cup Promotion from Nations League B. Qualified for 2032 Euros and knocked out in group stage Relegated from Nations League A. Challenge Progress 8/38 Club England 4/12 (VNL, L2, L1, Ch) Scotland 1/7 (Irn Bru Cup) Ireland 0/7 N Ireland 0/9 Wales 3/3 (WPL, WC, NMGC) Promotion Count: 8
  13. Today
  14. I've personally just installed Pathfinder Kingmaker. I'm Looking Forward to being tested some and have already spend Hours on just fiddling with character creation (and researching the Pathfiner rulesets). :P Whilst FM allows you to do truly horrible Things that arguably shouldn't be possible given that it simulates "professional" football, there's so much Feedback introduced (some still bad though), and with the Right assistants, it's even a game that can Play itself (unless you're Looking for one those experiences with back to back to back to back promotions, no possible sack or Relegation fight or slump or "realistic" Football ever and Player Quality in General mattering nought, but there's community stuff for that too).
  15. I guess I'm really boring. My tactics are called the formation, then the team name and perhaps something regarding mentality if I have variations. At the moment I have 4-4-2_rhyl, 4-2-3-1_rhyl and 4-1-4-1_rhyl as the three I train. Though I almost only use the 4-4-2 version.
  16. After going on a bit of a hiatus (damned life getting in the way), yesterday i just sat, turned on some random CH game on television and got into FM. It was long into night when i thought to myself that i had a thread to update. So here i am. Latest from Brisbane Road. First of all, transfers. We've spent some money. For the first time since i got here. But mostly, our dealings were loans and players whom we had to beg to sign for us. This reputation thing is nothing new but it does get on my nerves. Our new #1. Chased him last year too but he brushed us off. Our record signing. And first player i paid for. 56k was enough to prize him away from Blackburn. Retraining him to play as left winger. Yeah, both of our goalkeepers are on loan. Not the smartest move, i know... He was transfer listed at Liverpool. They wanted nothing for him. Zero!! Our first choice striker. I thought i messed this one up. Remember him being really good in some previous games, signed him up without scouting him fully. Disappointing attributes aside, he plays really well. First of the two left backs we got on loan. So, so hard to find decent one. Got him to cover Glover. Good enough to start but i want to develop Ryan first and foremost. Option for left wing position. Rather quick but nothing much else is there... First choice LB. For some reason, couldn't find decent playmaker to save my life. Luckily, agent recommended Mauri to me, got him on trial and signed him soon enough. Lack of stamina worries me a bit but overall he seems decent. I was after him whole summer. Didn't want to negotiate with us but he finally broke down, as window was getting toward the end. Backup player as it can get. As i said, really struggled this window to sign any half decent player. Resume of our dealings. Leaving us were those whose contracts expired. But we sold Daniel Hoey, fifth choice CD. He's going to Hull come January and we're getting 100k for him. Well, it's actually 200 but he has 50% sell on fee. One clause i always use while playing in Vanarama leagues. Never though one of those could ever come to fruition... Gotta admit, this surprised even myself. After somewhat shaky start, team pulled together and started playing some decent footy, culminating in undefeated October. And we're now en route for our fourth promotion in a row. Madness!! Knocked out of Carabao Cup, first game and we're out. Shame but team were still finding its footing. Backups are still in contention for advancing in Checkatrade Trophy while we have to play Coventry in first round of FA Cup. So yeah, at the moment, everything is going our way. Going to play some more over the weekend and hopefully finish this season. I'm hooked, that's for sure.
  17. Of course, but it would help make future games better, and isn't that something everyone wants? I really like the game, but I can also see there are some flaws and bugs here and there. I would like them to be fixed for either future patches to the game I'm playing, else I would like them fixed in the next version at least. If he took the time to post about his issues in this thread, then why not post a bug report? It doesn't take much more time or effort? Well, I think this could be explained by the player accepting your apology, but then expects to be in the squad the next season. While you think he has accepted his role in the squad, he expects to be included in the future. However, it might also be a bug or something that could be clearer for the user, so you should report it so SI can take a look and see if there are improvement that can be done for situations like these in future versions. When I asked why you kept them, I meant why do you keep a player in your squad when you clearly feel he is not a good enough player for you? If he were good enough, you would have included him in the CL squad, right? The only situation I can see that this would fit in, were an older tutor type player who are more a part of the coaching staff than player. Otherwise, I would get rid of him and rather have a youngster for backup, and if he is young enough, he doesn't need to be included in the CL squad to be eligible.
  18. hello community this time i decided to make a more informative post to my new tactical experiment.the last days im trying hard to be better and learn more about tactics as tactics is my favourite part in game..im very bad at tactics and this didnt let me enjoy the game,so i took the decision to spent time to dig more in testing and oberving things as my eyes allows it and capable of doing this as i have told you im terribble to tactics and especially spot issues and most of all to fix them..Also the most important i need to mention is to give MANY thanks to @Cleon and @herne79 for their amazing stuff here and lot of time i re read their topics for refreshing and learning..ok lets get to the point now.As im a lover of LLM management this time i picked a team in 3rd german division After analyzed my squad i decided that shape fits to my players(also this is my favourite tactic irl ) A very simple tactic and not something special in roles coz at the level i am i dont want to overcomplicate with roles that my players cant fit.At the moment im absolutely happy as it seems im on good way of undestasting a bit about tactics.later on i will talk about some issues im managing and hope that u can help me to undestand why these happening and how to fix it,of course i will tell my opinion about how i see the issues and if u want correct me Well this was media prediction And this is my current place in league..i know lot of you maybe will tell "Your team is predicted 6th so is not big achievement to win the league or get promoted" and maybe you are right,but trust me guys for me it is.dont forget im newbie at tactics so for me its big achievement and joy for starting learn some things. Tactical Issues : these was the best part for now,we are amazing in league and im very happy at the moment.although i have noticed some struggles against some opponents formations like 4-4-2 flat , 4-1-4-1. these formations have their wingers in midfield strata ( MR, ML) , so when play against them almost draw or sometimes lose.these formations cause me lot of troubles.well i will explain now how i see these "issues" In this example we lost the ball and opponents MR starts attck as u can see he has lot of space to run into..here i observe my IF on the left starts tracking back to help in defence,instead of track back he stays on opponent RB which i dont want to do that coz its not a threat at the moment.so the result is tha DM has to leave his position and mark the MR leaving space behind him,unprotecting the defence and leaving my CD 1v1 with ST.. Here little further forward in move for our good luck my DM puts pressure on him and he gives the ball back to the DR,hoping us to return quickly in defensive transition but look again the space in front of my defence and the opponents are running into..ALSO the most important check my IF again..he prefers sto stay to DR but i dont want him there,i want him in front of DR and close to MR.. Again to the continue of the move the DR has the ball putting my DM in the middle of DR and MR..if he plays to ST automatically my DM is off..look my If again how high up on the pitch he is..maybe its happening coz hes on atck duty..well these were some of examples i see in game when play against these formations.. So why this is happening? these are possible issues and fixing to the way im seeing it : 1-> i think this is happening coz the opponets takes advantage of my gaps between my Fbs and Wingers and put players there like MR and ML..for example behind my AMR and AML so they can have space and its difficult to mark them.coz AMRL focusing at opponent FBs and my FBs must leave their positions to mark them and this leaving space of their back and the worst scenario they drag out wide my DM SOLUTION HERE? -> i could change role,duty or even place my AMRL in MRL strata but i dont wanna do this.i want stick to my plan and shape. the second i could do is to change duty or role,(remember playing to my strenghts) and the IF-atck is one of them) SO if could change him to IF-sup maybe he would track back but..whos gonna atck the space in front and score? 2-> the second way is to change mentality to cautius to make my team sit deeper in a hope that wingers mark them?i dont think so coz i dont want a passive role and plus my IF still would be placed higher on the pitch coz atck duty.i want to press high on the pitch thats why i have Much high def line and LOE 3-> the third im thinking is what would be if chosen to give PIs tight marking or even man marking to my IF?if i put tight marking will he mark tight the DR or the MR?if i put man marking the MR would result my IF to come really deep to mark but when i win the ball how he manage to reach his duty and atck all the this distance upfront? 4-> fourth and last im thinking what about LOE if i lower its a notch will result to def little deeper or only affects his starting press? well this is view to all this thread!!i hope didnt tire you and bore you all guys Thanks in advance and really sorry for my bad english !! END OF SEASON League Table : Player of the Year : Top Goalscorer : Not bad for my IF right ? Team of the Year:
  19. i think the key element of Simeone's 442 (or any other 442) is very compact vertical defensive unit where strikers help putting pressure on opponents midfielders. since usually 442 will have a man less in midfield both strikers need to drop deeper while defending, i'm not sure if attack duty is correct in replicating Simeone defensive style? is it possible to achieve it with attack duties on balanced mentality? another thing about 442, you need to use play wider and/or exploit flanks.
  20. Kinda real expectations from the board, could not ask much more from them really. Maybe just not to sell anymore youngsters. And a new partnership with a lower league club ahead of season start.
  21. I'm just curious, does any of you guys name your tactics? I've started giving mine names instead of using the numbers like 4-4-2 wide or 4-2-3-1 DM My basic 4-4-2 is called operation-fundamentals and my direct counter attack is called Hail Mary. What have you called some of yours if you have?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?