All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I was bored and decided to create a empty football club called PES United. They are initially playing in English Northern Premier League Premier Division(Level 7). Be warned that this db has no league structure associated in it, so you need to wait for it to be promoted to National League North. PES United.fmf
  3. This is fantastic, thank you again. If I am playing against a back 5, and I want to get an extra attacker in my setup to get into a 3-1-6, what would be the best way to do this in my current setup without drastically changing formations & roles and reducing familiarity.
  4. Today
  5. Will try it, but i think it will not work. It was very often that i couldn´t click on it.
  6. What if you wanted to use gengenpress (eg recreate a teams particular style of play IRL) but wanted to have a challenge too?
  7. Even internally I doubt there is known minimum yet for release. A big part will depend on optimisation in the final stages. SI have done some fantastic optimisation on fm23 and 24 though with Unity things may vary a bit.
  8. Thanks for the response. My point is that they often shut down discussions following what you say you do. I will lock in a role and offer much more via wage. Even with "medium" level interest, a say 20% pay increase may still mean they walk away instantly. Having no indication and having to wait weeks to then reopen negotiations seems flawed to me and is not how real life negotiations work at all. I don't get offended with my boss and slam the door and walk out immediately, I come back with a rebuttal offer. At the very least, if I could lock in the target role and have them suggest their wage to give some sort of indication to start discussions.
  9. Time for a Change Thoughts and Considerations....Looking Forward As I approached the first match of the season I just had to admit that my heart is not in the save....well....not at Bristol City anyway. So I decided to resign and just see what happens. There is only 1 team that needs a manager right now and that is PSG. I know that I dont have a chance of going there so I will just sit and enjoy the season and see what happens. I was also really concerned about how Bristol City would do this season. We struggled in some of the friendlies, that we shouldnt have. I didnt take that as a good sign for the upcoming season. Son onwards and upwards we go....and where it stops....I guess no one knows right now.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Rob Apter (Tranmere) signed a new contract to stay at Blackpool until 30/06/2027 on 12/01/2024 (with a 1 year extension option): https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/12/rob-apter-signs-new-contract/
  12. I have been a long time video game player of all types. I have been playing FIFA for years. Lately I have been getting bored with the whole ULTIMATE team etc.. I have installed Football manager over the last few years, but everytime I started to play, I always got overwhelmed and just uninstalled the game. Now with FM24, I a have spent almost 15+ hours trying to get into it (I have not given up yet 😂). My questions is: What is the overall objective of Football Manager Do you have to take your team to the championship to say “beat the game” (or is there a concept of say beating the game in FM24) Is the object to just have fun as a Football manager through simulation ?
  13. Yup, what NineCloudNine said. I hadn't purchased FM since 2019, and my first two friendlies in FM2024 were 6-4 & 5-3 loss. In the 25 years I have been playing CM/FM I have never conceded 11 goals in two matches, so it was a real back to basics lesson for me. I'm finding the difference between balanced, positive & attacking mentalities is much more pronounced and can be a bit twitchy, plus there is much more going on under the hood these days. Also I strongly suggest you venture to Rashidi's "Bust the Net" you tube channel. Rash's knowledge and insight on the match engine is 2nd to none. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWUCWx5HNWSuzwGxwVczGPQ
  14. @Bannside of Killowen You're obviously keen like many of us. What a far more pleasant & helpful reply from @MichaelNevo rather than one you received from a regular passive aggressive poster
  15. Created using AI to deconstruct and adapt their tactics for FMM Revolutionize Italian football like Arrigo Sacchi, keep the door shut like Giovanni Trapattoni, build team spirit like Marcello Lippi, own the midfield like Cesare Prandelli, press and dominate the opponent like Antonio Conte, take big risks like Giampiero Ventura or entertain the fans like Roberto Mancini!
  16. When you are editing the search criteria for players you just need to go to Additional Conditions and on the Add Conditions box navigate to General then Place of Birth and type places in there.
  17. I am trying to change the set up like in picture 2 without the motorway been shown on the left side in picture 1. Can anyone tell me how to do it please.
  18. Monday 17th July 2023 - Whitehaven have beaten us to signing veteran left back Alan Inglis. Tuesday 18th July 2023 - I watched Penrith's 3-2 win over Workington at the Frenchfields Stadium. Casting my eye over eleven players. Penrith left back Charlie Birch and Reds midfielder Cieran Casson were particularly impressive and make my shortlist for selection in September. Wednesday 19th July 2023 - Windermere Sports have offered a contract to my right back, Roy Joel. If I had any backup for him, I wouldn't mind. I've been trying to find a better player in his position but without much luck so far, so I'd rather not lose him yet. Thursday 20th July 2023 - More bad news transferwise as Premier League Kendal Town swoop in to hijack my signing of defender Daniel Harvey. Friday 21st July 2023 - I confirmed the signing of 24-year-old keeper Cameron Copeland. Cam started out at Queen of the South, just across the border in Dumfries, before joining Penrith and later Gretna. He will g straight in as my number one. - Preparing for tomorrow's trip to Kendal County, I decided on my first XI, my game plan is to make a full change of personnel at half-time, so I can see my whole squad in action as well as give everyone 45 minutes of game time and build fitness throughout the squad. Saturday 22nd July 2023 - Off to a winning start, though it wasn't the most convincing performance; An excellent first half performance by my first XI was pleasing, unfortunately the second string looked very shaky after the break and allowed the lead to slip, Kendal did score a third to turn things around completely, however we were saved my the linesman's flag, A 94th minute strike by fullback Steve Dynan bobbled past the goalkeeper to hand us a win against the run of play. Not pretty, but I'll take it in our first game. Next Week -Our pre-season campaign continues with a home game against Workington's development side at home on Saturday. -I'm going to check out Gretna Vs. Cowdenbeath this week. Gretna currently have three national side candidates in their first team so it's certainly worth the effort to scout.
  19. Recently started a Bari save. I dont mind sitting in serie b for few seasons, even though a club of this size should really be in Serie A
  20. All teams expect Man Utd Thanks but I didn't want to add the editor to the save. It's grand
  21. forecast is sunny, dunno what he is on about..
  22. I am one that totally disagreed with Gegenpress until @NineCloudNine shared his thoughts. In short, if you only have limited time to enjoy the game & build a successful team, this is the tactic for you; if you are fortunate to have more time to afford this great game & to build slowly, avoid it. I have no idea of the figures but all my friends have / had only limited time....i'm just fortunate that I was able to retire early (Ahem) ;-)
  1. Load more activity