All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Would be perfectly fine, assuming I can just incorporate the panel into my modified skin. Appreciate it, man!
  3. All three men were in the squad for the next game, as Norwich visited Field Mill. The players had been buoyant following the Chelsea game, despite the defeat, and this showed early on as they raced into the lead after just 34 seconds. Moukoko fed the overlapping David Jervis, who pulled the ball back into the path of Benjamin Kibebe, and the Swede slammed the ball home, lashing it perfectly off his laces. They continued in this vein, as Moukoko, Lawrence, Kos ad Keko all missed chances to extend the lead, but it did eventually happen just before half time, Kos and Rusk combining in the midfield to slip the ball through to Keko, who let the ball run across him before firing the ball into the side netting past the outstretched fingertips of Rob Green. In fairness to the visitors, they did start the second half well, Dennis Wise pulling a goal back within the first five minutes, but after that, Peter saw his side dominate once again, and despite a host of opportunities, only one more goal came their way, Keko doubling his tally with a towering header from a Moukoko corner .. "Peter Daish" "..." "Gary, what can I do for you?" "..." "Well I appreciate your interest, but we wouldn't be interested for less than a million and a half" "..." "Well in that case we have a deal. I'll speak to Ledley and let him know, then it's all down to him" Peter put the phone down, buzzing through to his secretary as he did so "Can you send Ledley King in when he gets here?" Ten minutes later, the defender knocked on his door "You wanted me gaffer?" "Ledley, come on in son" He sat down opposite him, Peter leaning back and folding his arms "I'll keep this short son. Villa have been on the phone and they're ready to meet our asking price for you. I know things haven't been as perfect as you'd like this season, so the decision is in your hands. If you want to move, I'll not stand in your way" The defender nodded, holding out his hand as he did so "Thanks gaffer. I'll go away and have a think about it and let you know if that's OK?" "No problem Ledley. Do whatever you think is best for you"
  4. Despite the defeat, the players were in high spirits travelling back that evening. They realised they had been a part of a special day for the club, and they had more than held their own against their Premier League opponents, meaning they could be proud of their efforts. The chairman had arranged for a parade through the town, both to celebrate their promotion and the cup final, so the players were instructed to head home and get some rest before they returned for the parade the next day. Peter himself headed back, and as he walked through to door just after 1am, he was greeted with a hug and a kiss from Charlotte "Welcome home" He returned her kiss, leaning down and kissing the top of her head "Thankyou. I didn't wake you did I?" She shook her head "No. I dozed off after the game but woke up about 11. Thought I'd wait up for you" "Well I'm glad you did" She went into the kitchen and grabbed him a beer "I thought you would win there for a little while" Peter took a long swig, shrugging as he did so "Was always going to be tough. The lads have played a lot of games this season and Chelsea are a good side" She took his hand in hers "Well, whatever happens, I'm proud of you" She leant up on her tiptoes and kissed him once more .. The parade had gone well, seemingly the entirety of Mansfield turning out to welcome their heroes, and the players had a fantastic time. That said, Peter was as professional as always, and he knew he still had seven games of the league season left, and he wanted his side to play like Champions in those remaining games. He also took the opportunity to promote Carl Laurie, Michael Jack and Geir Olsen into the main squad. The big Norwegian midfielder had decided he would be leaving the club at the end of the season, and while he hadn't played that much through the season, he had been nothing but professional and reliable when he was called upon, and Peter felt he deserved the chance to see the season out, and play the remainder of the games to secure himself a medal. Jack and Laurie had both impressed in the reserves and deserved their chance to shine
  5. Season 13 2036/37 Manager Profile - Competitions - Finances - Facilities Competitions Premier League (Past Positions) - It's a bit difficult at the top isn't it! We got off to a great start to the season winning 4 of the first 5 games and I foolishly thought what's all the fuss about? I then got 6 points between the beginning of November and the middle of March, A run that included some less than motivating results like a 7-0 loss to Newcastle and 10-1 to Chelsea. A bit of an easier run in saw the team pick up a few much needed wins to drag us out of the relegation zone and into 15th place at the end of the season. Honestly, I don't really think we deserve it but I won't say no to another season in the Premier League, I need to sort the defence out though, we conceded 50 more than the team that conceded the 2nd most goals! Still, at least the 116 scored against us wasn't a league record. The Emirates FA Cup - Another 1 game FA Cup run, I didn't pay it any attention. Carabao Cup - Another short one, I played a heavily rotated team to keep my better players fresh for the league. Squad - A lot of player development again this season given the higher level of competition, we're still well out of our depth and I think we only have 1 player that is actually the right quality for the league. Something must be working though for us to stay up, hopefully the development can continue and next year will be slightly easier. Robert Jones is our stand out player, clearly has more ability than anyone else on the team and is refusing to even enter contract negotiations, so not ideal! He had a solid year with 17 G/A in 34 league games, he's got 2 years left on his £300p/w deal so I'm hopeful we can get him to talk with us this season but if not I'll have some thinking to do nest summer. Youth Intake (Preview) A fairly promising preview followed by what looks like a pretty good intake, A couple of much needed fullbacks and a DM that has something about him and all good personalities too! I think there are 3/4 players in this years intake that will find themselves in the first team in a few years and will likely stay there for a long time to come. Lamine Mendes (2037YP9) has already been improving massively and has been called up to the Senegal U18's over the summer so that's really promising. Ben Davies is probably the pick of the bunch though, one of the much needed full backs and not far from getting into the rotation of the first team as a right back, I think I'll let him play a season with the youth groups before he moves into the senior team. That could all go out of the window though, we'll see. Transfers & Finance - Not much to talk about with transfers, a few out on loan to either try to develop them a little or just so they stop complaining about not getting game time. The bank balance is looking really healthy now thanks to the massive Premier League TV deal so just over £80m in there now, It shouldn't be a concern from here on out unless the board decide to so something ridiculous. Other - On the back of out newly found riches I got the board to agree to a few things, We'll be a level 1 academy soon which while I'm not really sure what it actually does in game I'm sure it's a good thing. We also upgraded our training facilities at the start of the season before some technological advancements meant we had to do it all over again at the end of the season. They're also expanding the stadium by a little over 3000 capacity but only 750 of that will be seated, every little helps though. Something that I have noticed this season that doesn't make sense to me is the board have been putting pressure on me because they're disappointed I'm apparently not using the clubs youth system to develop players.... I'm not sure they've been paying attention for the last decade plus of the clubs existence!! Is this something anyone else has been experiencing? Or are my board just talking nonsense?
  6. Perfect - thanks mate. That worked a treat - I will make similar additions for the other elements.
  7. adding <translation id="hint" translation_id="232092" type="use" value="Top Goalscorer"/> should do the trick
  8. Good thing to start with but please stop here if you're really enjoying playing FM. As stated in another discussion, the learning curve is brutal for new players, but once you understand how to master it is very easy to start winning and get slightly bored by the fact that, with a bit of patience, you very rarely underperform. That's why some of us started "personal challenges", in order to keep the game interesting and difficult. The more you watch youtubers the less you have space to test your own style, even passing through failures and bad results! At the end of the day you need to see it as a journey, there is not an objective to "beat the game" in FM. I remember (I read an article about it but never saw the video) that during covid some youtubers tested how to "hack" fifa (or PES/eFootball, call it as you wish). To me this is kind of breaking the fun of videogames, and watching too many youtubers' videos on FM sounds (in a smaller scale) a bit the same to me.
  9. Who just plays the game? But would like to have the B youth U17, U17 II. U16, U16 II? Since there arent´t that many creators of databases, I'm asking the question here because there are only a few in the right thread. If you want to have these team types in the game, you should vote here.
  10. I wouldn't imagine there would be too many changes in that regard. They've said in the past that people would be surprised at the sort of systems people try and run the game on, so unless they absolutely have to do so, it wouldn't make sense for them to lop off part of what is already a pretty niche market.
  11. Is this as in the file that I uploaded? I'm unsure why that would occur, although would me being from a faraway country affect anything?
  12. Monday 24th July 2023 - We have a new signing! Midfielder Sean Law. Sean is no stranger to Cumbrian football after spells with Carlisle and Penrith. - Whitehaven beat us to the signature of defender Marc Gallimore. A pity as he is a promising player. Tuesday 25th July 2023 - A busy day recruitment-wise as I put together a back room team of coaches and youth managers to support me and my quest to improve Cumbria's national football team. - Five days after he rejected us to join Kendal, Daniel Harvey becomes an Aspatria player. I wasn't ready to give up on the former Queen of the South and Gretna man, who I rate highly. Saturday 29th July 2023 - A good solid performance against Premier League Workington's development squad, Unlike the Kendal County game I don't put out an entirely different eleven in the second half, instead preferring a more gradual change over of personnel. Both of my forwards were on the scoresheet, and we created a massive amount of chances, even without the majority of possession. Very pleasing and encouraging. Max Brown looks a real talent for our level as well. Sunday 30th July 2023 - I've appointed a manager for my U18's, Naturally given Cumbria's status in the game the options for a division one amateur side aren't wonderful but only a bad workman blames his tools, as they say. Mark's tactical preferences are at least aligned with my own. Hopefully, after a few coaching courses, we can polish this turd up to an acceptable level. - Right-back Roy Joel has left the club to join Askham, a strange move for him as they are predicted to finish beneath us and be relegated. Next Week -The pre-season preparations ramp up a gear as we switch to a two game per week schedule. First, on Tuesday, we face Premier League Kendal Town at home. Kendal will be one of the contenders for the coveted third place which would grant them access to the Europa Conference League, what n amazing transition that would be for a club that was last season in the ninth tier of England. A run in Europe could earn them some decent prize money and help them build more serious challenges to Carlisle and Barrow domestically. Then on Saturday we welcome Scottish Lowland League side Dalbeattie Star to St. Mungo's, I'm not too sure what to expect from them so it could be a good challenge. -With two Aspatria games this week, my chances to go scouting for the national team are limited, I will be sending a scout to watch Cleator Moor Celtic Vs. Carlisle City though.
  13. Hi When hovering over the title on these boxes it always shows "Squad Personality" Is there a way to get hovering over the title to match what it says when you however a number for instance? I've tried to mess around with the code, but keep breaking it - I will continue to try this morning, but through I would ask in the meantime whilst I try and work it out. Thanks
  14. If you have created a database and wan to see wether the settings work as intended (planned). Until now you always have to start a time-consuming test game. Which is very annoying! There should be a function in the game when you start the test with the result you want. Example Founding of Reserve Youth in game Founded team II starts in League X and in a few minutes the result should show whether the founded team II starts in League X or in League Y. If the destination is different, an info text about where the error could be.
  15. Hi im unable to save my game. it says my cloud storage is full but i cant find anywhere to access this. on the start screen i have no games saved. i cant see anywhere to switch from cloud to local saves either so the game is unplayable as i cant save at all. any help would be greatly appreciated. ps i am using microsoft not steam and playing on laptop.
  16. Today
  17. Sep 29th 2030 Well then, looks like Touré is already turning heads nationwide with his performances, and he's in the discussion for a senior international callup with Germany. At nineteen years of age. Looks like we made a good decision splashing the cash on him last year, huh. Oct 1st 2030 Miranda and Palomeque show up in the Team of the Week this time. The U19 kids once again show us the way with a 2-0 win over Liverpool's youth, which puts them top of their group. Katic scored once again. * * * TSV 1860 München vs. Liverpool (Champions League group H, 2/6) Time to get serious with the strongest team in our Champions League group. Not just on paper, too, since Guardiola's Liverpool (when did the world go this crazy?) have started the season in fine form, currently fourth and unbeaten in the Premiership and having also won their first group stage game against Nice. Our defeat in Villarreal means we need points against them, though, so that's some unwanted extra pressure for today. * * * 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Kevin Rexhepi (GK); Lukas Hauptmann (DR), Ernesto (DCr), Mateja Stjepanovic (DCl), Mahamadou Touré (DL); Aymeric Meunier (DM); Maximilian Schulze (MCr), Jair Rodríguez (MC), Joao Neves (MCl); Roberto Caraballo (STr), Julian Rijkhoff (STl) LIVERPOOL (4-3-3): Alisson (GK); Alexis Rojas (DR), Jair Santos (DCr), Filipe Meireles (DCl), Josko Gvardiol (DL); Gavi (DM), Jude Bellingham (MCr), Tomasso Pobega (MCl); Henrique Saldanha (AMR), Curtis Jones (AML), Folarin Balogun (ST) * * * Another start for Hauptmann after a good performance off the bench against HSV, with the usual rotation elsewhere. Guardiola surprises absolutely no one with a 4-3-3 formation, featuring some of those up-and-coming players from ten years ago that really made the jump into stardom, like Gvardiol, Gavi, and Bellingham. Scary. We look quite good against them in the initial minutes, though, holding the ball well and prodding at their defense from time to time, although without any immediate results. Twenty minutes pass with Liverpool looking surprisingly inoffensive, so we turn it up a notch and finally test Alisson for the first time with a first-time shot by Rijkhoff after a cross from Touré, well saved by the veteran keeper. The visitors finally get something going seven minutes later with a good run and cross by Pobega that Balogun finishes straight at Rexhepi's hands, but both attacks remain relatively inactive still. The next chance doesn't come until the 41st, following a good through ball by Neves and a not-so-good finish by Rijkhoff that sends the ball wide to the right. Livepool respond with another cross by Pobega towards Bellingham, whose header is a relatively easy catch for Rexhepi, and that's it for a pretty tame first half. HALF TIME - 0-0 Things look a bit more lively after the break, and soon Rijkhoff heads a cross by Schulze to give Alisson the chance to show his reflexes and swat the ball away from the top corner. The striker follows it up with a free run into the box from the left flank, but once again can't beat the Brazilian keeper with his finish, too centered to be a worry. Alisson goes down again in the 55th to save and hold a weak shot by Schulze, but we seem to be taking hold of the game for good now, bad finishing be damned. Basualdo replaces a pretty invisible Caraballo with fifteen minutes of the second half gone, and a bit later it's Miranda and Özcan coming in for a very solid-looking Neves and Rijkhoff. Those are quiet minutes with little action on either goal, though, and Guardiola's team looks happy to hold the draw now, uncharacteristic as that is. Only a cross by Saldanha towards replacement striker Mourelo gives Rexhepi something to do, which in this case is just gathering the weak header and get the ball moving quickly once again. The game looks deadlocked for good, but there's a cure for that: set pieces. Rodríguez takes a corner kick towards the near post in the 78th minute, and up goes Stjepanovic to nod the ball into the back of the net to finally give us the lead. Liverpool don't seem to mind terribly much, and they keep playing their game without rushing forward desperately or anything like that. They do try to push the pressing lines higher up the field, though that just gives us more space to exploit. Özcan profits from that space in the 88th, although he shoots too early and without enough precision to surprise Alisson. Meanwhile all the visitors can create is another weak header by Mourelo that Rexhepi saves without issue, while Rodríguez gets denied a decisive second goal in injury time by another great save by Alisson. Soon after the referee signals the end of the match, and we can go home happy with a job well done. * * * TSV 1860 München 1 (Mateja Stjepanovic 78) Liverpool 0 - - - When you play against a Guardiola team and their best player ends up being their goalkeeper you know you've done well. Yes, finishing still sucks, but that'll fix itself eventually. What matters is that we dominated Liverpool, kept them safely away from our goal for the whole game, and actually took our chance to win against an European giant this time, unlike what happened in the Super Cup. Great midfield and defensive display, and with Nice's win against Villarreal the whole group is now completely level on points, with only minor differences in goals deciding the ranking. Our first ever win in the Champions League comes with €2.8M attached, too, which is a nice bonus.
  18. Unfortunately, my form continues to tumble. It's now 5 league games in a row without a goal, with a 0-0 draw vs Leicester, 2-0 loss to Tottenham and a 3-0 drubbing by Man Utd. I think it's safe to say this experiment has been a failure and an overhaul is required.
  19. Gap Foot 05 play in Stade de Provence which already exists infâme. However, the stadium is no longer called Stade de Provence: it's now called Stade Paul Givaudan Gap Foot 05 joue au Stade de Provence qui existe déjà dans le jeu. Cependant, le nom du stade n'est pas à jour: le stade s'appelle désormais Stade Paul Givaudan
  20. MAY 2042 MASSIVE NEWS - We're going home We are finally returning to Guernsey, and will be in our expanded stadium for the final match of the season. Welcome to the expanded Guernsey Stadium, where we can now hold nearly 25 thousand. The island will be jumping as we have a fortress that can be intimidating to our opposition. *In reality, this is BMO Stadium, home of LA FC from Major League Soccer in California, but it's one of my favourites to use as my background when I get a new stadium. Now just got to hope that the Board don't do something silly, like decide to add another expansion so we end up homeless for a third straight season
  21. The best is always learning from mistakes. Right now I am going through the instructions piece by piece with the YAC Billericay in EFL One against Swansea. This is just that kind of piece which was missing here. You’ve created something beautiful. The best part: It’s not some big shot or easy to big shot team but a relegation candidate trying to hit above weight. I am a fan Did not work out for me in this match: Much was similar to your plans against Porto. We did some things right and were in control of the match most of the time. They had a two strikers a tall, slow one and a fast small one which made it tricky. Should I trap them wide or inside. I decided to put their best crosser on the inside and their medium to bad crossers wide. This one worked fine, the tall striker was out of the game except for his goal The fast and small one I decided to never tight mark because I expected him to run around a lot and I didn’t want him to disrupt my solid Defense line. He was out of the game for the first 45 Minutes. In the preferred 433 I decided to drop the DM as a HB to help in the build up against the two striker pressing which looked really nice. The other two were supposed to escape the two opponent CM which looked edging throughout the match. In the 2nd half the pacy striker ran behind our Defense for an assist and a goal. Just the classic through ball and score. I slept, I didn’t notice a change. Especially as we were in control of the game in 1st half and in front 1:0. Their defenders were rather small and no good jumpers. I tried to exploit that with high crosses towards my big and jumpy striker. A corner gave the 1 nill but no further goals came but a lot of chances. When I switched my right winger from a left into a right footer we had even better chances for a 2nd goal. XG: 1.15 Billericay : 1.30 Swansea Shots/ on target: 10/4 : 8/4 Possession: 65% : 35% This is another one, Possession: We expected them to play tiki taka but had the ball most of the time playing it beautifully out from the back. We did no mistakes here, had the ball a lot with patience. The passing map looks wonderful. After all: We looked good a lot of the time but failed in the end due to a mistake I cannot clearly spot.
  22. Thank you, let me know what you think once you finished reading. Regarding all the reactions I feel thankful and inspired to continue the tread!! I am cooking a few more articles, lighter reading since the heavy one (because it’s introductory, etc) is already out of the way. How to prepare for a Europe game, taking into account it’s a two game elimination, another game against this very FC Porto, but this time a championship game, since I got the idea they’ve rotated a lot for this cup game and weren’t full force, (that left me with a bitter taste) and finally a heavy defeat against another title contender on the Portuguese championship. Diving into the “whys” and “hows” of it. What we could’ve made differently to change the outcome! Big plans, little time
  23. Dec 2054. Scottish Premiership. It was frustrating to lose to Aberdeen because I would have loved to keep our unbeaten run going. That's the way it goes sometimes though and it was just a close game that could have gone either way and went theirs. We were 2nd before we played Aberdeen, and although we have dropped to 4th it's still pretty tight at the top with 4 points separating the top 4. Strangely, both Celtic and Rangers each have up to 5 games in hand on some of the other clubs, and I don't really understand why. We're still in Europe so they shouldn't have played many more games than us. Celtic had to play 4 qualifying games in the Europa League, so that goes some way to explaining why they might have missed fixtures. but although Rangers played in Europa Conference qualifying, they didn't actually qualify so they have got no excuse for missing fixtures..... They're currently on a run of 17 games in the league without a win and in my opinion the manager is having an absolute shocker and needs to be shown the door immediately. There is no way they should be struggling like that with that squad. They have failed to score a goal in 8 of their matches this season. 6'5" Selfridge is doing his bit with 9 goals in the 1st half of the season, but the rest of the squad have been performing poorly. UEFA Champions League. We had a player sent off after just 2 mins in Croatia, but still managed to smash 6 (SIX) goals past them. With 2 games left to play, we probably need at least 1 more point to qualify, and with us having to face Barca & Milan, that's not guaranteed at all. League Cup. This might only be a collection of friendlies...... but still. Internationals. Goal-scoring GK's. We were awarded 0 penalties in the opening 29 games of the season, and then we were awarded a penalty in each of the 30th, 31st and 32nd. (23) Brass (Bal) 6'2" is 5/8 from the spot at 63%. (Is no longer at the club). (23) Ewing (Bal) 6'1" is 17/20 from the spot at 85%. (Is no longer at the club). (25c) Christie (F.Sport) 6'1" is 46/52 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (26p) Marsh (CAN)(SCO) 5'10" is 15/17 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (30a) Ogilvie (Fickle) 6'2" * is 47/64 from the spot at 73%. (Is no longer at the club). (31k) Lawrie (Unamb) * is 23/29 from the spot at 79%. (Is no longer at the club). (33a) Black (Fickle) 6'0" * is 2/3 from the spot at 67%. (Is no longer at the club). (37b) Niven (F.Loyal) 6'4" * is 24/41 from the spot at 59%. (Is no longer at the club). (39c) Telfer (F.Pro) 6'2" * is 29/44 from the spot at 66%.(Is no longer at the club). (40e) Qurbonov (UZB) (Res) * is 0/2 from the spot at 0%. (Is no longer at the club). (43n) Welsh (F.Pro) 6'4" * is 62/77 from the spot at 80%. (41h) Cairney (Unamb) 6'2" * is 7/12 from the spot at 58%. (Is no longer at the club). Finances.
  24. I've tried to reproduce it with Man City and using KdB as the mezz in 12 competitive matches. After having looked at all passes and crosses made by KdB, watched all passes made by him in the half space, and excluded free kicks, I have observed two crosses from the half space in a total of 12 matches.
  1. Load more activity