All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Okay, so I'm three games into the season. I have drawn 1-1 with Newcastle away (they scored with a header in the first minute), 2-2 at home vs Burnley (I dominated the game), and won 2-0 away vs Brentford. I've been watching the games and making tweaks and adapted my tactics to what I've seen. We have so far been dominating the games quite well. My DLP has changed to a DM(S) with Hold Position as I found his pass % was bit good enough so wanted to take him off being a playmaker. My LB is now a WB(S). While he was creating havoc on (A), I felt him and LW were getting in each others way and the crossing from the by-line was slowing things down. The RW is getting a bit too isolated out wide so looking to get them more involved. I think the biggest issue I can see in the post-match analysis is that while our passing maps are pretty good, in all three games there's been barely any passes to the AF. Should I try to change which role the ST is set too? I'm swapping the IF out for an IW(A) and will see if that helps. In terms of squad, I've been unable to sell Aarons, but have bought replacement defenders to play the IFB role. I also sold Alvarez because I got crazy money for him and Endrick had progressed more than I thought.
  3. Hi everyone, just wrote an article about this. Maybe you can find something usefull there.
  4. Sounds like the result of playing on a high tempo. I would also examine your choice of striker if this is happening.
  5. SENSIBLE APPROACH TO A MATCH 1. INTRODUCTION Hi everyone, Over the last few years Iā€™ve been diving on the wonderful arts of managing, prepare and adapt to a certain match. The importance of that particular part of the game became obvious to me with the addition of the data hub a few years ago. Micro managing teams and tactics for a specific scenario is one of the things I enjoy the most in Football Manager and it is definitely one of the most satisfying things about the game. When you see everything, you anticipated and prepared, taking shape into the game, it's absolutely wonderful, and even when it doesnā€™t work exactly has you intended, it's nice to know why it didnā€™t work out as planned, so you can do better next time. Everyone has its own way of playing the game and it's perfectly fine to do so, but personally it's been a game changer for me, in the recent years, to play the game and understand what's going on "under the hood", to learn, to research and to improve on a try and error basis, adapting (that has been going on for years since the good old days back in the 90's) and lately this SI forum has been my main source to improve and learn something new about the game every day. That being said, itā€™s not fair that I only take from this community, so I wanted to give back some of that knowledge and contribute by sharing a bit of my experiences and results. At the very least it could generate some good discussions and, once more, I can learn something new from your inputs. 2. THE ENVIRONMENT Instead of posting updates from an entire save throughout the time, because not only we already have some really good ones on the forum but mostly, because time is becoming a precious currency nowadays as I am getting into my 50s and I canā€™t really afford that luxury. I am going to write how I prepare for games, what do I do to adapt to the opponent, how I counter their strengths and how does that translate into the game itself. I intend to share not only the successful ones, where the strategy works and we get the win, but the losses as well, as I consider we learn the most with those, and most of all, so that I can still feed on all the knowledge of the brilliant strategist minds that are on this forum. I'll try to keep the "hypotheticals" as low as possible and keep it as simple as it can be. What do I translate from the analytical point of view of the next opponent, what do I think we can do to counter those strong points, which "buttons do I have to press to make it happen" and most important, and something that I donā€™t see much on the internet, the why (Oh yeah! Iā€™m all the way on the "WW" [Why Wagon]) and not just because "it's a trend everywhere and apparently it works", I want to understand the ā€œwhyā€ behind every decision and outcome! Before taking you into an entire match cycle, here goes some context: The year is 2024, as current as it gets. we are managing GD Chaves, a team from the Portuguese top tier that is expected to finish last on the league table, and we are going to play against the title contender, FC Porto, currently managed by the ex-Aston Villa, Unai Emery. For this first example, I'll try to keep it short and ignore some pre-match stuff (as equally important) like training, resting, calendar congestion and set pieces preparation focusing more on the tactical side of the game. 3. THE COACH First thing I always do is looking into the opponents coaching preferences to see if we can gather some useful information. Although Unai is a renowned coach and his game plans are well known and famous, for practical purposes I am doing the match cycle anyways. Let's see what can we find by looking into his profile: With the addition of the data hub to Football Manager, the preferred formations and tactical style page is not that relevant anymore, but old habits die hard. The "tends to" section has some good information for us, lets dive into them first, with no particular order: "Sit back and protect a lead" was the first thing that caught my eye. That tells me that if we concede first, most probably keeping a counter attacking style, passing into the space wonā€™t work that well, since his teams are going to protect that space behind the defence and closing the gaps between the lines, Here's something to remind during the course of this game (mental note to self). "Uses counter-pressing" tells me that they will not sit back and let us control the game, taking our time with the ball, they are definitely going to bring the game at us. Taking into consideration that our players are technically inferior, they can't receive and protect the ball and turn around, all while being under huge pressure, like an elite player would be able to do so we'll probably have to set the tempo a bit higher than normal to cope with them pressing us all over when we have the ball, giving us no time to think. Since we are going to rush things a little bit and our players first touch and passing range is not the greatest (considering first touch, passing, technique, vision, composure and decision) we'll have to get them closer to each other. We're not expected to have a lot of the ball, due to to all we've mentioned already, so we have to make the best out of the little time we have on the ball, decreasing the turnovers we concede, by narrowing our attacking width we will decrease the chances of making mistakes due to that higher tempo. "Plays out of defence" is expected to be used in a team like FC Porto with quality players. Regarding the formations Unai tends to play with, he always uses a back 4 so he will probably play something between an inverted fullback or a half-back to create a back 3 when transitioning. If this isnā€™t the case, we could consider using 2 hardworking strikers to press the 2 centre backs into a mistake but considering our team, even having those hardworking strikers (we'll see the chess pieces we have at our display in a bit) I don't think pressing high some quality ball playing defenders will helps us much, besides, once they surpass our initial press, we would be in big trouble. Pressing high is a big no no. "Delegates to a set piece coach" just tells me that the next window of information, the "set piece preferences" under "Coaching", is not useful in this match and we'll have to rely on our data analysts but Iā€™ll leave it here anyway for educational purposes: We could take advantage of this information to tweak our set pieces accordingly. 4. DATA HUB Now the fun part begins, the data hub! That confusing monster consisting on a bunch of numbers and graphics. Letā€™s make things simple and easier on this first match approach. We'll look only at the Summary and Expected tactical style. According to our analysts, FC Porto will play in a tiki-taka style short passes, extreme pressing and trying to lure us out of position with lots and lots of movement into spaces without the ball. It also report that they tend to play a bit cautious when playing away, although I think this might be related to some champions league games they've had recently, I don't believe they'll be cautious against us, honestly. In short, FC Porto are a dangerous side and our life will be very hard, like our encouraging analyst reports. Now we know what to expect. As for the Set Pieces preparation, we went for the throw ins and offensive corners to make the most out of every chance we have, since we won't have a lot. 5. OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS Considering the above information, we now need to setup how weā€™re going to deal with the opposition, individually: Getting into detail: GOALKEEPER: we don't want to press Diogo Costa, not only because he's really talented playing the ball with his feet (14 passing; 14 vision; 17 kicking; 14 throwing; 15 decisions; 16 composure) but most importantly because my strategy for this game is not to press high in any case; FULLBACKS: Since they use a back 4 formation, our approach to this will be not adding any kind of trigger pressure to ensure we don't stretch our team press, since I don't intend to place a lot of players upfront, when weā€™re out of possession. That will allow us to only press those fullbacks once/if they reach our line of engagement, keeping the structural shape of our defensive unit sound and compact. By tackling them hard, we make sure they don't have much time on the ball and it tells our players to really go for it, and do everything in their power to stop those crosses from coming into the box (even over the expense of a few cards). And finally, showing the left fullback to his left foot and the right fullback to his right foot to push them outside, where they can only hurt us with crosses (they donā€™t really pose an aerial threat); THE MIDFIELDERS: is where the battle is going to happen most of the time, or at least I intend to make it that way, with a mid-block. FC Porto will play two midfielders (and some good ones). I am not going to thight mark or press them at the start of the game because I'm looking to understand what roles they're going to play. You don't want to mark or press a mezzala or a roaming playmaker for example, when you're trying to maintain your defensive shape at all costs, those roles tend to roam out from the middle of the pitch, and since our analysts reported ā€œLots of movement" I am willing to bet in a roaming role on one of those two midfielders. The sole instruction we give is to tackle Stephen EustĆ”quio harder because he is very susceptible to get injured (I know, it isn't pretty, but if we can make the manager waste a sub with an injury, why not) and he doesn't have that much bravery. Weā€™re aiming to grasp for every 0,1% of success we can; WINGERS: When facing opponents with players on the AMR, AML and/or AMC strata, I always trigger press them, as most of the times these are the main source of creativity and we don't want to give them an inch of space to work their magic. Showing them the outside of the pitch and hitting them hard, same principle as the fullbacks. STRIKERS: This is a tricky one, because it has a lot of variants. For this match, Namaso is expected to play as a false 9, to link up the play between the midfield and the attack. He will try to open up our defensive line and create space to his partner in crime, Evanilson. We don't want to follow him around opening gaps in our back line, so we go with the ā€œnever thigh markā€ for Mr. Namaso there. Now regarding his partner upfront, I think Toni Martinez is playing instead of Evanilson, because the latter is tired, he's a star player for FC Porto and it is a League Cup game, so I think they will rotate. If Evanilson is the chosen one, there is no way we can tight mark him, press him or tackle him harder, he is just very complete, fast, composed and strong. Such players change games so we can only pray that our defenders step up their game because they are going to need to, when facing such forwards. If we had better defenders, we could consider tight marking him. If Toni Martinez is the chosen one, has I believe it will happen, then we'll mark him tight and press him, since he is slower and taller which makes him more of a target forward. Showing the outside of the pitch as well for both of them. YOUR DEFENSIVE PREPARATION CAN GIVE YOU 1 POINT OFFENSIVE PREPARATION CAN GIVE YOU 3 Doing a good preparation into our defensive strategy is key, every game starts 0-0 so if we don't concede that's 1 point right there, and regarding the two teams quality gap, Iā€™d say 1 point is not too shabby. Now, we've delved into the opposition long enough, it's time to look at what we got and set up our offensive strategy to try and win the game and therefore, the 3 points. Having a transfer market already into this save, we've managed to bring some players that emulate our tactical blueprint. It consists mainly in a bunch of hardworking players, brave, determined, aggressive, tireless machines. We give ourselves the luxury of having 2 spots maximum for technical players, that may or may not be, so keen to get involved in the physical side of the game, or could struggle in that part of it. We can allow that because they're supported by 8/9 hardworking players who aim to cover those specific ā€œweak spotsā€ with they're positions and/or roles. 6. MEET THE BOYS What do we have to work with? GOALKEEPER: Our main GK isn't the best in short distribution although he isn't terrible either. He gives us the oportunity to choose between playing it simple to our centre backs and let them dictate how we transition, or we can use his 16 passing, 13 kicking and 12 throwing to start the counter. Bearing in mind that he has 6 vision and 10 composure, whether it is short or long, it is probably a good idea to tell him where to launch the ball instead of relying on his decision making under pressure. CENTRE BACKS: All of our centre backs fall into the "average category". Most of them have between 12/14 on those important physical and technical attributes for defenders. No one really stands out of the bunch. The opponents aren't taller and stronger than us so we shouldn't have a lot of problems in the physical side of the game. Our defenders range between 1.87m to 1.93m tall, so the aerial side of the game isn't really a concern. Among those 5 CB's we have some decent ball playing defenders (for this level), that tells us we have the flexibility to outline a plan considering the technical features of their strikers and the way they will press our back line. FULLBACKS: Most of the times we aim to stretch the pitch using one of our FBs (usually the right one), relying in the other side to keep our rest defence with, at the very least, 3 at the back. We can play Sandro Cruz or Totti (natural centre back) in that defensive fullback role considering he is strong in the air and we rely on him to win +90% of the aerial duels in those second post crosses, against opposite wingers. This particular role is one that I change the most throughout the season because if we concede a goal, it better not be a defensive mistake in our build up. We change a lot according to the opponentā€™s offensive line: If we play with a back 4 and the opponent has 2 strikers upfront we choose a natural center back as an inverted fullback: If we play with a back 4 and the opponent has only 1 striker upfront we play a more natural fullback, choosing between a more offensive approach with the likes of Moustapha Seck or a more defensive one, Sandro Cruz (mainly because of his physical profile): By tweaking it this way ahead of every match, we make sure to always have the advantage in numbers and always give our defensive line a way out of trouble. We aim to remove the chance of mistakes in very dangerous areas where mistakes are punished with goals, as much as possible. On the right side we usually play a natural winger adapted to fullback. MIDFIELDERS: Here is where we have our most hardworking players, the engine room of our team, they're the ones that make sure everything tics. Our captain and best player, Samu, is injured and therefore out of combat for this game. They clearly stand out for their mental and physical capacity as our main concern for this part of the pitch is to fight for every inch, leaving the technical side of the game to the players in front of them (Samu is the exception, he's very technical): THE COOL KIDS aka ATACKING MIDFIELDERS: Since we have two hard workers in our (defensive) midfield strata, and one fullback is going to stretch the field on one side, we aim to play with two creative players (one in the middle and the other cutting inside from the wing) and one explosive disruptor/line breaker/runner, in short, a dribbly boy with pace, aggression, flair, etc Our dribbly boy is usually a right footed player playing on the left side with the Winger role on support The standard to our winger on the right side is to use a left footed technical player as an advanced playmaker, to hit our left side dribbly runner with trough passes on his attempts to break the defensive line. This role is usually reserved for the likes of Xadas and/or Alex Mendez In the middle of the pitch we have 2 similar profiles although Morlaye Sylla is a more agressive and hard working than Alanzinho, but both of them excels in that position STRIKERS: Two hardworking brave and aggressive pressing forwards (how many times have I used these adjectives so far it's our DNA!) but different in style. DepĆŗ is a small, good off the ball and fast striker, and Ronaldo Tavares is a tall, strong and good in the air kind of target forward combined with pressing forward. 7. THE STRUCTURE METAMORPHOSIS TO SUCCESS Our standard structure usually falls into a 4231 category, although it can be very flexible (as I think it should always be) and we tweak it on a game-to-game basis to get the most out of the opponentā€™s weaknesses. For this particular match against Porto (taking into account everything we went so far about the opponents play style with 2 strikers, using a high-octane counter-pressing and tiki-taka short passing style) I went for a 433 that morphs into a 541 when defending. How and why? My string of thought for this is simple: -The "HOW": The key here is to use a Libero that will give us the chance to transmogrify between the defensive phase and the offensive phase, therefore changing from a 541 into a 433 and the other way around when we need to defend, regarding whether we have the ball or not. -The "WHY" is my favourite part. As a "why guy" I believe everything needs a reason: Defensive Phase We're not going to have a lot of the ball, that weā€™ve already uncovered. They're stronger, faster, smarter and weā€™re expected to be under pressure for long periods of time during the game. We've already established that weā€™re average, at the best, at marking, tackling, concentration, etc (defensive duties) so to outplay them when we're under pressure, we need to outnumber them in every part of the field. By defending in a 541 we not only place our 3 CBs against those 2 dangerous strikers as we also have 2 fullbacks and 2 ā€œwingersā€ (1 WINGER and 1 wide AP) covering the wider areas. In the middle of the pitch we aim to instruct our pressing forward to close the gap behind him and defend deeper, closer to our 2 midfielders, creating a 3 vs 2 battle against the opponent, outnumbering them in the midfield and preventing them from building-up through the middle Offensive Phase we're not going to be able to pass it around and keep the ball a lot because they're going to press the hell out of us and they're good at it. We're not the best at first touch, vision, decisions, etc (offensive duties) so we have to make the most out of every possession we have. We can't just give them the ball every time we get the chance to recover it, if we do that, it will be a matter of time until we concede. Once we get the ball, we go for the safety in numbers and by morphing into a 433 it helps us to make sure we outnumber the opponent everywhere. In the build up our libero will give us that back 3 comfort to overcome the initial aggressive trigger press that they intend to apply and for that matter we'll play with a balanced left back instead of a defensive/inverted one so we can stretch the field over that left side, and on the opposite side weā€™ll play as usually with the offensive right fullback. Once we surpass the initial pressure, our libero turns into a defensive midfielder. 8. THE SMALL DETAILS MAKE BIG DIFFERENCES To get the best out of our players into this particular shape, we'll give a quick look into the individual traits that our players have and how can we maximize them, creating synergies all across the field. Attacking players Our Advanced Playmaker (S), Xadas, is left footed and has the ā€œcuts insideā€ and ā€œtries killer balls oftenā€ traits, which is perfect to launch those quick counter attacks that weā€™re looking for long trough passes to the other side where we have our Winger (S), Jair, that "gets into opposition area", runs with the ball and tries to beat offside trap constantly. These two are a perfect combo for this game, aswell as DepĆŗ, our Pressing Forward who also has the trait "tries to beat offside trap". So, we can expect a lot of pinged passes from Xadas to these two. Here are some examples: Midfield players We want both our midfields to keep it as simple as possible, no running or dribbling with the ball here. Their primary mission is to win the ball back and play short and simple for the playmaker to work his magic. Once again, these traits fit like a glove on what we need for this particular match. I usually play the double pivot at the defensive midfield strata but for this specific structure, with 5 at the back, with libero making his way up, it makes sense to push them up a notch. The BWM is self-explanatory, he needs to work hard to cover a lot of ground, as the right fullback will be bombing forward the entire game. Moses is our guy. The idea behind the BBM role is my attempt to give a bit more support when in possession and when we find ourselves in front of the penalty box. Since Samu is injured, that role has to be fulfilled by Guzzo. Defence players Here it can get a bit tricky. Down the right side it looks a perfect synergy with the FB bombing forward and therefore, increasing the gap between him and the right centre back, it makes perfect sense to have a RCB that play long passes or switch the ball from one flank to the other, were the left FB is waiting. On other hand, I am not sure about the bringing the ball outā€¦I guess weā€™ll have to rely on his 10 decision making to choose the right moment to dribble it out or to hoof it long. Our Libero will keep it simple and play short passes when he gets the ball, exactly as we like it in dangerous areas, and our left fullback will run down the left whenever possible. 9. REST DEFENCE If youā€™re an avid consumer of football and its constantly evolving terms, you have certainly heard of this term. If you haven't, I highly advise you to take a good look at this article from @Rashidi where he dives into the theory of such terms as positional football, rest defence and rest attack and merges them into the game we all know. As little as it is expected from us to attack, we still want to do so, although considering Unai will play with 2 strikers, it can be a tricky situation for us, as we try to stretch forward a little, we might get caught in a conundrum. It was exactly to avoid nasty surprises, that I set up a rest defence of two layers of 3. Confusing? Iā€™ll explain: The image bellow illustrates a situation in which Rodrigo Gomes, our right fullback, was involved in a very common play of our team, where we rely on his quality to run and dribble down the right flank, taking an opponent out of the way and crossing the ball. In that same image you can see 6 players setting up our rest defence divided by two lines: 1st Line of defence: BWM (Moses), Libero (Nogueira), BBM (Guzzo); 2nd Line of defence: Right centre back (PedrĆ£o), Left centre back (Toti), Left fullback (Sandro Cruz); This is why setting up a good rest defence is really important in modern football. It can be the difference between gaining back a loose ball and scoring or get countered easily and leave your back line vulnerable to fast strikers. He, who control the transitions, will dominate the game! 10. WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THE PITCH THE GAME Sometimes it can be tempting to hit the play button and just go raid the pantry, leaving the game running on its own. The thing is, you need to see whatā€™s up, what changes does the opponent coach operates during the game. All your trouble, setting up the perfect team to face the next match, all the time you spent reading reports and analysis will mean nothing if you donā€™t adapt to the changes your opponent will be throwing at you. So, go make that delicious sandwich later, as someone said, ā€œIā€™d rather face the hardest part of the job on an empty stomachā€. I went to this game with a few doubts about my set up. One of which was the defensive line. I went with a standard defensive line but was considering going with a lower defensive line until the very last second. During the course of the game FC Porto tried a lot of killer balls over my defensive line and as soon as I saw the first two balls ending in some dangerous chances, I grabbed the mouse and was about to lowering it butā€¦"waitā€¦my defensive line is perfect, every time theyā€™re trying those through balls, they are always getting caught offside". so I didnā€™t touch it, if it is working, donā€™t break it right? It kept happening over and over and the outcome was always the same, offside!! We kept the ball way better than I had anticipated, situations like this, where we outnumbered our opposition kept happening throughout the entire match. So I switched the passing range to "shorter": 11. THE GOALS AND FINAL RESULT Now, for the best part of the game. Did our team win? Did the plan work? GD CHAVES 1 - 0 FC PORTO At the beginning of the match, around minute 7ā€™ we had to make a forced sub, our left back picked up an injury. Sandro Cruz went into the tussle. He was on the pitch for 5 minutes, and ventured ahead on the left flank to grab an assist. Even tough we scored a goal, the left back wasn't supposed to risk that run, but in the end it paid off. After this goal I dropped him into Defensive mentality. GD CHAVES 2 - 0 FC PORTO Remember when I said we went for the throw ins and offensive corners in those set pieces preparation? Well, it paid off! Minute 55' Rodrigo Gomes with a cracker!! The Defensive Winger deserves way more credit than we give him, to be honest. By this point, Iā€™ve started to make some changes. The Left Winger, Jair, became a Defensive Winger, defending way deeper, often acting as a left defender, pushing the full-back into the middle, which gave us a line of 6 at the back, every time the ball went on that left side: And acting as a Centre Midfielder every time the ball was on the right side of the pitch, freeing the BWM to better cover the Right full-back. It was time to park the big, red, double decker London BUS. In the video below you can see the Defensive Winger in defensive transition! This play shows really well how much FC PORTO struggle to penetrate into our penalty box and get into shooting range: GD CHAVES 3 - 0 FC PORTO In the final stretch of the game, FC Porto players were really fatigued and were always late to the pressing triggers. We lowered the tempo to keep some fresh legs for the upcoming games and started wasting time. We ended up scoring a 3rd and final goal. Alex Mendez came from the bench and took his chance with a long shot and got lucky with a deflection. 3-0 would be the final score in an immaculate display by our players and a performance to remember! 12. MATCH FACTS AND FINAL THOUGHTS -In the end weā€™ve managed to win the game, a huge win for us againsā€™t one of the best teams in the league. -FC Porto ended up rotating a lot more than I was expecting, as we can see for the line up but still, they have some top tier players. -FC Porto had 8 shots total but only 1 on target and 7 long shots. That is a reflexion of how much of a struggle it was for them, to get into finishing positions. Despite that, that sole shot hit the woodwork, and that would be the equalizer so we had a tiny bit of luck on that situation. -We caught them 7 times on the offside trap, even though we played with a mid-block and standard defensive line. Our defensive line was amazing today! -In the beginning of the match cycle, I wrote about how little possession I expected to had, but weā€™ve managed to share the ball and had similar passes completed. It was a pleasure to write this article to you all. I hope to read your ideas and inputs about this thread and to create good discussions about what I could do differently or what I might have done wrong and by all means, feel free to share your experiences and let me know if this article helped you in any way. Cheers everyone.
  6. I can't confirm or deny this is true, I can only give an example from my save. Below is the career of Lesley Ugochukwu in 29/30. Using the IGE I can see he has a PA of and a CA of It's clear his career has been a waste and he's barely developed. Of course, there is no saying he is going to be anything special IRL but a human FM manager should have turned him into a world-beater by 2029.
  7. somone can help me to romeove hide the faccilits numbers in sas skin?
  8. I have started a new save with St. Albans City in Vanarama National League South. I advertised the position of scout and since looking through my options in the staff search menu I have been unable to see other coaches and personnel unless they are interested in joining my team. Recently the Bilbao manager Ernesto Valverde got sacked and I wanted to use the staff search to see what managers they are looking for and it showed up with nothing. I have attached my game file and a couple of images to further describe the situation.
  9. If it's showing them as too far to travel, there must be incorrect info somewhere? Check the coordinates for the local regions (if they have them) and cities in Cambodia too, I wonder if someone added a W coordinate as an E (i.e. plus or minus when it should have been the other way), and all of the relevant stadiums. If it's not a travel issue, I think you could set all the Indonesian clubs as rivals to the Cambodian clubs (with a low number so it doesn't show in-game) and the box for "does not play friendlies" checked, although that would probably just lead to more issues
  10. uk only speak english age: 18 can play all day FM24 PS5 Playstation user name: IlIHanzo been playing fm since dm 2021 anyone looking for a versus save or normal online save im here to play
  11. Thanks guys. I think Bust the Net is uploading something sometime soon aslo. He uploaded some images of exactly the sort of thing I'm after on his X (twitter) a few days ago so eagerly awaiting that .
  12. Hello. Iā€™ve been playing since FM2021 I just want to share my philosophy with you my philosophy is greatly influence from my childhood experience tactics was never really an importance that time. We just play knock outs on the street where it was just everyman for themselves and everyone of us is eager to always have the ball, to be where the action is at and being relentless to win the ball. This is the foundation of my tactics,fluidity and expression and love for the game. I want my team to have the ā€˜attacking mentalityā€™ since I want the actions to be always in the opposition area. To support this idea I push my teamā€™s line of engagement much higher up the pitch to press the opposition when they have the ball (trigger press more often, prevent short GK distribution and step up more) when out of possession. I want my team to have the ball more than the opposition. A patient approach however at a much higher intensity (tempo), avoiding direct and long passes as much as possible (pass into space, play out of defense). I setup my team on sheet as 442/433 hybrid wide however on attacking it will be 325 overloading the oppositionā€™s penalty area, disrupting their defense and to cause panic. Higher work rate and aggresion is an important attributes of my players. As this formation is prone to having long balls and counter attacks - it is highly important to have fast defenders with good first touch, passing and mentality. A sweeper goal keeper with a good one-on-one skills incase defenders got beaten with long balls and I also tried my best to replicate it into football manager 2024 the results was amazing won the title with olympique marseille by flying colours as ran over everyone in the league the tactic was able to play with many managers systems as we defended in 442 like simone/arteta and we attacked in 325 like pep with the libero IFB combo and also built up play from goal kick and playing of defence like de zerbi with the 4+2/2+4 shape that is why the shape looks wierd even with the new postional play i didnt want to play a vol as i want to have a mez(s) to play like a de bruyne type of player crossing from the half space and the dlp(d) dropping between the cbs from time to time like brighton do all in all the tactic was amazing but i am still looking for tips as i wanted to recreate a the movement of a raumdeuter as my am(s) i saw a twitter post from ponte de lanca which he showed a bit on how to make havertz a raumdeuter im the amc position but he didnt go into to much detail on it also the reason all players are on support is for the very fluid even though i know it doesnt do much i just like looking at i have read alot of post on this forum which has also help widen my view on things such as rest defence and rest attack so i want to thank all of you another question i would like to ask if i could get the IFB making overlaping runs as i have the TI on but i dont see them make the movement thinking of using a fb(d) or fb(s) but dont know if the will stay back enough to make a 3+2 rest defence thank you in advance if you read this as i know it is quite a long read but will update if anyone wants one ps: sorry if the quality is bad its my first post and my tv isnt of the best quality thank you
  13. Sunday 2nd February 2031 Until Next Time... ... when pre-season continues as the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 isn't until March. -- February's Fixtures -- Thoughts, comments, general feedback appreciated. Any questions, just ask and I'll answer them if I can. Thank you for reading and following. Until next time...
  14. Hello. Iā€™ve been playing since FM2021 I just want to share my philosophy with you my philosophy is greatly influence from my childhood experience tactics was never really an importance that time. We just play knock outs on the street where it was just everyman for themselves and everyone of us is eager to always have the ball, to be where the action is at and being relentless to win the ball. This is the foundation of my tactics,fluidity and expression and love for the game. I want my team to have the ā€˜attacking mentalityā€™ since I want the actions to be always in the opposition area. To support this idea I push my teamā€™s line of engagement much higher up the pitch to press the opposition when they have the ball (trigger press more often, prevent short GK distribution and step up more) when out of possession. I want my team to have the ball more than the opposition. A patient approach however at a much higher intensity (tempo), avoiding direct and long passes as much as possible (pass into space, play out of defense). I setup my team on sheet as 442/433 hybrid wide however on attacking it will be 325 overloading the oppositionā€™s penalty area, disrupting their defense and to cause panic. Higher work rate and aggresion is an important attributes of my players. As this formation is prone to having long balls and counter attacks - it is highly important to have fast defenders with good first touch, passing and mentality. A sweeper goal keeper with a good one-on-one skills incase defenders got beaten with long balls and I also tried my best to replicate it into football manager 2024 the results was amazing won the title with olympique marseille by flying colours as ran over everyone in the league the tactic was able to play with many managers systems as we defended in 442 like simone/arteta and we attacked in 325 like pep with the libero IFB combo and also built up play from goal kick and playing of defence like de zerbi with the 4+2/2+4 shape that is why the shape looks wierd even with the new postional play i didnt want to play a vol as i want to have a mez(s) to play like a de bruyne type of player crossing from the half space and the dlp(d) dropping between the cbs from time to time like brighton do all in all the tactic was amazing but i am still looking for tips as i wanted to recreate a the movement of a raumdeuter as my am(s) i saw a twitter post from ponte de lanca which he showed a bit on how to make havertz a raumdeuter im the amc position but he didnt go into to much detail on it also the reason all players are on support is for the very fluid even though i know it doesnt do much i just like looking at i have read alot of post on this forum which has also help widen my view on things such as rest defence and rest attack so i want to thank all of you another question i would like to ask if i could get the IFB making overlaping runs as i have the TI on but i dont see them make the movement thinking of using a fb(d) or fb(s) but dont know if the will stay back enough to make a 3+2 rest defence thank you in advance if you read this as i know it is quite a long read but will update if anyone wants one ps: sorry if the quality is bad its my first post and my tv isnt of the best quality thank you
  15. Episode 107 - Reached Champions League Knockout Phase | 2nd February 2031 "Monthly Review" -- Results -- Board Confidence -- Supporter Confidence -- Dynamics
  16. Beijing Guā€™aon ā€“ End of season 2037 Chinese Super League/Chinese Super League progress/Chinese Super League fixtures: Having surrendered the league title to rivals Shanghai last season, we needed to retain it this season, especially after I had to make promises to the squad that weā€™d win the league this season, and not to mention the demands that the board were making. We were no better than last season and in fact scored less goals this season as we finished with exactly the same amount of points this season as we did last season. It wasnā€™t a case of us making huge improvements but rather Shanghai being poorer than they were last season as we went on to win the league 9 points ahead of them. Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group I: Having won the Asian Champions League for the very first-time last season, we were out to at least make the latter stages of the competition this season. We qualified from our group at the end of last season which saw us make the knockout rounds where we disposed of Australian A-League side Melbourne City in the Second Round, before seeing off Japanese side Urawa Reds in the Quarter Final and then South Korean side Pohang in the Semi Final. Surprisingly, there was no sign of any Saudi clubs in the Final as we were drawn against Iranians Persepolis who on paper, looked a very different proposition to the Saudi clubs. Without raising expectations, I fancied our chances in the Final and after a 2-2 draw in the 1st leg, I was confident of winning the return leg. As always though, it wasnā€™t that straight forward as despite taking the lead to put us 3-2 up on aggregate, Persepolis turned the tie upside down and scored a goal in each half as they looked to have won the game. However, Juan Carlos Aguirre popped up in the 90th minute to grab a late equaliser before then popping up again in the 93rd minute to snatch a winner and with that, once again handing the Asian Champions League trophy to us! An unbelievable game that had me on the verge of tears of frustration and then tears of happiness! Iā€™ve not experienced such a rollercoaster ride of emotions since the 2026/27 season when I was managing South China in the Asian Confederation Cup, when we snatched a similar kind of victory against Kitchee! Onto this seasons Asian Champions League campaign and once again weā€™ve qualified from Group I after 5 wins and a draw saw us top the group as we wait to see who weā€™ll play in the knockout rounds. Club World Championship: I was still under the impression that the Club World Championship happened every year, so I was surprised when I found out that it happens every four years now. We were given a tough group as we were put in Group E alongside Benfica, Pachuca, and PSG. A win, a loss, and a draw though was enough for us to qualify from the group and make it to the knockout stages where we were drawn against Liverpool. Thatā€™s where our journey ended though as we lost 1-0. Chinese Super Cup: A Gerson Bouth brace to win 2-0 was enough to once again claim the Chinese Super Cup. Chinese FA Cup: A straight forward route to the Final once again saw us lock horns with rivals Shanghai as a 2-1 win in the 1st leg and a 0-0 draw in the 2nd leg was enough for us to retain the Chinese FA Cup. Transfers: Just the one transfer for us this season but it was a significant transfer as Jin Fan joined us from rivals Shanghai for Ā£18 million. Squad: Another brilliant season from the squad of players with our stalwart, Gerson Bouth leading the way as he smashed in 47 goals in 51 games as he claimed the Chinese Super League Player of the Year award but NOT the Chinese Super League Golden Boot award this season. That award went to Shanghaiā€™s Japanese striker Takumi Ishii as he scored 32 goals in 30 games to put a halt to Gerson Bouthā€™s 5-year reign as top goal scorer in the division. Mitsuo Fukano had another great season as he grabbed 12 goals from left wing whilst Yao Qi also had another great season as he grabbed himself 10 goals and 18 assists from right wing. New signing Jin Fan was worth every penny of his Ā£18 million fee as he shored up the defence as well as scoring 5 goals whilst Zheng Jianwei continued to attract the interest of Saudi clubs as he hit double figures with 11 goals. Finances: Even after spending Ā£18 million on Jin Fan this season, the board injected money into the club to take us back to a secure level. My views of the season: An unbelievable season for us and the most successful season since Iā€™ve been at the club as we won the league, the Asian Champions League, the Chinese Super Cup, and the Chinese FA Cup. Thereā€™s still some players getting unsettled throughout the season as a lot of Saudi clubs continue to sniff around our players, in particularly Gerson Bouth, Zheng Jianwei, and Juan Carlos Aguirre, which is having an effect on their happiness at the club. All 3 of them have requested a transfer this season but Iā€™ve rejected their requests as theyā€™re still under contract. If they werenā€™t so pivotal, I would allow them to leave, but without them, I think weā€™d struggle to keep up with Shanghai. My aims for next season: The board will obviously be expecting us to win the league next season and the FA Cup, whilst they arenā€™t bothered about the Super Cup. As I mentioned before, the challenge is now in the Asian Champions League as weā€™ll be looking to make it to the latter stages and hopefully push towards another defence of our title. Keeping players happy will also be a challenge as itā€™s becoming more difficult to appease them due to the regularity of Saudi clubs putting bids in for our better players now. Career Summary Season Club/Nation League Pos. Achievements ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2024/25 South China HK Premier League 4th - 2025/26 South China HK Premier League 2nd - 2026/27 South China HK Premier League 1st League Champions, ACC Winners, Senior Shield Winners, Sapling Cup Winners 2027/28 South China HK Premier League 1st League Champions, Senior Shield Winners, FA Cup Winners, Sapling Cup Winners 2028/29 South China HK Premier League 1st League Champions, Senior Shield Winners, FA Cup Winners, Sapling Cup Winners 2029/30 South China/Hong Kong HK Premier League 1st League Champions, ACL Winners, Senior Shield Winners, FA Cup Winners, Sapling Cup Winners 2030/31 South China/Hong Kong HK Premier League 1st League Champions, Senior Shield Winners 2032 Beijing Chinese Super League 2nd FA Cup Winners 2033 Beijing Chinese Super League 1st League Champions, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners 2034 Beijing Chinese Super League 1st League Champions, ACC Winners, Super Cup Winners 2035 Beijing Chinese Super League 1st League Champions, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners 2036 Beijing Chinese Super League 2nd ACL Winners, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners 2037 Beijing Chinese Super League 1st League Champions, ACL Winners, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners Honours Asian Champions League - 2029/30, 2035/36, 2036/37 Asian Confederation Cup - 2026/27, 2033/34 Hong Kong Premier League - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31 Hong Kong FA Cup - 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30 Hong Kong Senior Shield - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31 Hong Kong Sapling Cup - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30 Chinese Super League - 2033, 2034, 2035, 2037 Chinese FA Cup - 2032, 2033, 2035, 2036, 2037 Chinese Super Cup - 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037
  17. Episode 107 - Reached Champions League Knockout Phase | 2nd February 2031 "Young Players Go Out On Loan" -- -- We've now reached our limit of eight players out on loan for the season. -- We tried very hard to loan out Brage Kvithyld but there were no takers.
  18. @MaxTheManager BLACK ECHOE or VENOM should be lower temp. Try a day of rest after a game
  19. I have'nt played FM24 since, like, December. Not because I think it's bad, on the contrary, but because I have'nt had the time or energy to immerse myself into a save. Now I'm thinking about picking it up again, but I've seen rumors that the game AI does'nt develope talents. At all. Can anyone confirm this is true?
  20. Most of the stadiums were not set so I gave them the proper coordinates. It seems to have fixed the 'too fary to travel' issue but the AI still prefer to play the Indonesian clubs. Any suggestion how to stop them from playing these very expensive friendlies?
  21. Hello, do you have a save file from before that transfer was confirmed you could send us?
  22. Episode 107 - Reached Champions League Knockout Phase | 2nd February 2031 "Bondar Sold, New Vice-Captain Appointed" -- -- Amundsen Appointed Vice-Captain
  1. Load more activity