Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just an update - I have got the structure completed in advanced rules but unfortunately I'm encountering a lot of bugs with the file (teams not staying in correct divisions despite having regional divisions set, strange editor errors that don't make too much sense etc.) Even when in game the file struggles to load (or gets completely stuck during setup) no matter what start date I select I'm not sure if this all due to this being a file originally made in FM19 and it doesn't like getting carried over or if it is a bug in the editor as these methods of keeping teams in the right divisions worked last year. This means I have to delay the file indefinitely (unless there's some sort of miracle) I have no idea when it will be released now (I might even have to completely start from scratch - which may take months as I'll have to create close to 1000+ clubs and 100+ divisions all over again)
  3. How would you setup team to camp inside the penalty area, like City did yesterday in last half an hour? I see no other option than using attacking mentality + more attacking duties. It was perfect display of what FM considers attacking tactics.
  4. The board are blocking my sale of Phil Jones for 15m, because it's 1.5m short of what they want. I feel like smashing something.
  5. You're probably given the AI too much credit (and some of it is due, mind, in particular regarding its match dynamicism).
  6. I had the same issue, couldn't see the "create your own style" button. Thought I was going mad!
  7. If the aim was realism, they'd likely had it a lot easier to Limit Managers to making actually "realistic" Football decisions. This goes for the AI Managers too mind. As hinted at by @JEinchy, there's a bucket load of combinations possible that are neither balanaced, nor very much "realistic." They oft translate to something visibly you'll never see on a Football pitch for prolonged periods of Play, ever. And that's not counting the not that obvious contradicitions possible in the myriad of Team / Player instructions. For instance, sides going all narrow / keeping the pitch reasonably compact, and pushing everybody up against a Team parking the bus? And many more. What Manager in Football would do that. If Play, scorelines and data then would perfectly mimic what's actually going on out there, I would be hugely concerned about the Integrity of the ME as a whole from the ground up. Apparently it would come out with Feedback perceived as "realistic" even if the Input was anything but. Not a good sign... If the aim is Football, let managers make Football decisions. Would make the game also a lot easier to balance in the Long-term, likely.
  8. B E L I E V E (or burn in the flames of failure) AGAIN! looking good so far, just need some luck to get you over the line this time
  9. Hey @Ben Kenney Is the issue of staff arranging too many friendlies in the first instance included in this? My preseason friendlies are always done by my AM and this season he arranged one every two days, I had about 12 lined up.....obviously, when I sense check them and delete as appropriate I then get the issue above of re-arranged friendlies. Cheers.
  10. Ilves 2 is dublicated in Second division. There are Ilves 2 and Ilves reserves. Ilves 2 (33052065) is right one. Reserve team created to Ilves should be deleted.
  11. Great to see another guy at Concord. Started also as an unemployed coach with a Sunday League reputation. Barely finished 7th in my first season, and was lucky enough to win the play-offs. Finished my first season in the national league just outside the play-offs spots as I finished 8th. I was expecting the board to expand the salary budget in the second season but instead I was cut and had to let go of my two best CM's.. Now working myself through the second season in the National League backed up by 79 fans who could afford a season ticket.. Looking forward to your story!
  12. Excited to see who you bring in with a respectable transfer budget.
  13. after creating a new save my game crashes. after about 3 or 4 games into a new save the game just crashes without saving which is so infuriating.
  14. Yes, I agree. Fullbacks especially when they shoot from distance from the side, they always shoot with power and it is unnstoppable for the keeper.
  15. January 2028 - , Apart from the Forest Green flogging, we couldn't buy a win. I'm not really sure what to do here, as our clear cut chances over the last 10 games outnumbered the opposition by 28-16. Obviously we just have to get more clinical. We are only a couple of wins away from shooting up the table
  16. All the most importan factors are visible though (be it in 3d or 2d). - distance to Goal - angle to Goal - keeper Position and thus how much he's tightened the angle / made the target to hit smaller by coming off his line - pressure on the Forward (distance to the next Defender/s nearby) - pace of Play - Whether the ball is on the strong or weak foot - etc. In the model below, this would rank in between a 1 in 4 and 1 in 3 Chance, e.g. the model assumes this would be a Goal in between 3 to 4 attempts average longer term. That's all fairly Basic things any football engine shoudl consider anyway. It's part of any finishing Research. The nature of finite Motion capturing animations for 3d models naturally means there is a finite amount of finishing moves as such. Same as in tendency all the motion captured keeper saves tend to look quite spectacular so to make Things look "exciting". Agree this all Needs be checked, mind, incluiding the amounts of balls over top / one on oneish scenarios which seem clearly an issue.
  17. Hi guys, I am managing Ajax and want to make a tactic arround a False Nine, Tadic is the best guy for it. This is my tactic, don't know is there any good to put an AMC there as a Trequarista or to put an AMC at all. Was also thinking to put a DMC position instead of AMC. First games I was playing striker as CF support but want to have a False Nine there,
  18. Hey, I don't usually come here to comment on features/bugs anymore, but with these black spots on the pitch making my game look awful I had to ask... Is this something that is supposed to be a pitch effect, because I see the spots appearing (totally random) behind players as they run, or is this a bug that will be sorted out in the next update? I hope it's the latter because this doesn't make any sense, happens every game, doesn't look like anything real, and it doesn't seem to be connected to weather conditions either.
  19. SI have always said that having managers use their in-game salary for any purpose was not part of their short or medium term plans for the game
  20. It's shooting also. I think there's just far too many shots happening. Finishing needs improving along with something to reduce the number of shots, otherwise scorelines will be too high. Better finishing along with better defending to reduce the chances.
  21. For kits, I do not know. I do not use kit mods in the game really, since I do not spend a lot of time looking at them. I would imagine there are some in a megapack somewhere, but not my area of expertise! I have logos for Afirca that I downloaded from somewhere ages ago, so that I cannot remember where.
  22. October I've been playing at a glacial pace, but finally managed to get through a tricky October period. Following his excellent cameo, Borukov claimed Young Player of the Month - I rewarded him with a demotion back to the U23s! He's still too raw to feature prominently but I'm sure he'll develop into a decent player. So to review what happened in October - we somehow remained unbeaten! We cruised to victory against Hull and Wigan, followed by a tricky away fixture at Cardiff. We battled our way back into that one and came away with an unlikely point. The Stoke game was another late show - we pummelled them for long periods, conceding the only shot on target (shock), but eventually Reach nodded home the winner at the death, which was well deserved. I do wonder about our finishing though... The big game of the month was against Leeds - the only two unbeaten teams going head to head in a battle for top spot. It was the game EVERY football fan was tuned in to; so typically, it was a no-score-draw. However, we were under the cosh from minute one. I had to abandon my attacking 4-2-4 as i was getting severely overrun, and converted the two wingers into defensive wingers, and switched our approach to cautious. Leeds are easily the best and most intense attacking force in this league, and i'll be very surprised if anyone gets close this season. In the end, I'm happy with the point and clean sheet. Which leaves the table looking like this; 2nd and unbeaten after 14 games - I shouldn't grumble, although I think fatigue is setting in for some of the players. The squad is small, and the backup players aren't really up to scratch. A couple of wingers and another striker are definitely on this January's shopping list. I have £1.5m available to spend, so I'm gonna have to be creative I think! Roll on November...
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?