All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ...but, like you, I thought the move made sense In a similar scenario to when Beijing approached me in the 2032 season when things were going well at South China, things are going well at Beijing – but having dominated Chinese football for a few years now, it feels like the right time to move on and try another Asian league now. Seoul are a big club and have struggled over the duration of this save with just one top three finish in the 2023 season. The following 14 years has seen lots of underachievement and mid table obscurity, which for a club the size of Seoul is quite surprising. Given the size of the club and the potential to wake up this sleeping giant again, it seems like a good, exciting project to move onto at this stage of this save.
  3. It seems like he plays as a centre back in the US, is this true? What should his positions be, then?
  4. Just finished my first season managing in La Liga in FM24; is there no prize money paid out once the league campaign finishes (based on final league position)? If I look under League Rules, there is no prize money listed for La Liga (as opposed to other leagues, which show how much a team receives for finishing in a certain position) - thought this was a bit unusual?
  5. A tough decision as it'd be a bit of a step down; plus Seoul have had a difficult start to the 2038 season...
  6. I started a save as AFC Crewe, i made some face pictures for some of the players... Hope they will be useful to others. If anyone has players pics that i have not included please post for me to create ...Thanks . AFC Crewe faces.rar
  7. Thanks for the info. This will be fixed for a future update
  8. You're not going to get the information you want because it doesn't yet exist in the public domain. However, if you list what you currently have in your computer, people could suggest upgrades for it.
  9. I recall this question being asked sometime (years)ago but can't recall if it was ever answered. During a match all manner of informations will appear on the screen. However, they rarely remain in place long enough so that they can actually be read Does anyone know the answer as to how to get these informations on screen long enough so they can be read, please? Muchly thankings.
  10. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round The draw had not been kind. Benfica were one of the teams that Clive was hoping to avoid, but his team had to go out and try and cause a massive upset. First Leg The first leg was a mixture of emotions for all involved on the Geroskipou sideline. First thing first, a massive 3-0 win over a much stronger side on paper, which Clive and his team could not believe. The second emotion was shock, due to the Benfica goalkeeper Paulo stopping the game becoming 7 or 8 nil. Just on xG, Geroskipou should have scored more than 4 goals, but Paulo made 16 saves in a Tim Howard in the World Cup esc perfomance and getting the Man of the Match award despite conceeding 3. Second Leg Going into the second leg, Clive was riding high on confidence, but his side barely tested out Paulo in the Benfica net to see if he could play like he did in the first leg. On the night Geroskipou were dominated, and it was a gritty performance to stop the tie from swinging. As Benfica scored their 2nd in the 89th minute, Geroskipou went full defensive, playing a back 4 and then their midfield almost on top of them in the lowest block anyone had ever witnessed. In the end, the score remained, and Geroskipou advanced 3-2 on aggregate. Surely with this scalp, nobody left in the qualifiers could beat them.
  11. Today
  12. Hi! I'm rather new to Football Manager editing. Although I have way to many hours of experience when it comes to editing the not ecually popular Fifa Manager, that officially died like 10 years ago. I've started to create the Ugandan League system, which is a huge task in it self. But without knowing the limitations of this game, I wanted to check if its possible to make a regional cup with kind of like "allstar" teams for each region. Uganda is divided in 4 local regions. However the ethnic groups are quite different in the country, so its also divided into a number sub regions more based on the cultural and linguistics of the Ugandan people. The Ugandan football federation (FUFA) launched a new tournament named the FUFA Drum, where 16 different cultural regions are competing. Each region is allowed to Summon local players even if they are playing in the Ugandan Premier League or a lower League. As long as the player is born, or has a parent from the area. My guess is that I could create the 16 teams as new clubs, and check the All-star option. And then create the competition as a secondary division. Then comes the main and most important part, is it possible to define how the squad selection is done? For example in a regional League you could set noth, West, south and east boundaries, I'm looking for something similar for defining the area of selection for each team. I'ts possible there already is similar post, although I have not found them. Thanks in advance! Th-FUFA-Drum-Rules-web (1).pdf
  13. Following the hectic nature of the Watford game, Peter decided to give his players an extra day off. He took the opportunity to sit down and watch Everton's relegation battle against Nottingham Forest while Charlotte spent ther day with her mum. His old side had been struggling, sitting 19th in the league, and they needed every point they could muster. They started well, but after a promising opening, they did their usual thing and went on to lose the game. Peter was saddened to see the plight of his former club, and while he had hoped to play them in the Premier League next season, he had resigned himself to the fact they would be in separate divisions .. Portsmouth were their next test, and the trip to the South Coast was vital in their pursuit towards the title. Moukoko had been ill in the run up to the game, so he wasn't in the squad, while Marek Szmid and Lee Collins also missed out. Keko and Cesar regained their places in the team thanks to their recent good form, and it was the two Spaniards who combined for the opening goal after 9 minutes. Lawrence had slid the ball down the right for Lilley, who slid it inside for Cesar. He looked prime to shoot, shaping to do so, but he saw Keko out of the corner making his run into the box, used his left foot to slide it into his path and Keko slotted home coolly to open the scoring. Wouter Kos could have doubled the lead not long after, forcing a save from the Portsmouth 'keeper, while Lee Collins headed over the bar from a corner. The home side never really managed to get into the game, and this showed when they went 2-0 behind, Keko again finding the net after a lovely little through ball from Simon Rusk allowed the Spanish striker to round the 'keeper and slide comfortably into the net. Peter was pleased with his side, their composure and possession through the game aliowing them to control the tempo of the game, and while they didn't score any more goals, despite numerous chances, they claimed a simple three points "Hey. Good day?" Charlotte had entered the kitchen as he sat at the breakfast bar on his laptop. He kissed her on the forehead as she got to him "Not bad. You?" "Lovely. Had some lunch with Mum, meeting the girls for cocktails later too" "Very nice" With that the cat jumped onto the counter, meowing and nuzzling into her arm "Oh, Mum asked if we'd be interested in going away with them over the summer. Not abroad, just a week or so in the lake district. Nice cottage, chilled out week?" Peter took her hand in his "I'd be up for that, I love the Lake District. When were they thinking?" She shook her cardigan off and started to head upstairs as she spoke "Not sure yet, I'll find out"
  14. Season 5 Preview – Aiming to Maintain Board Objectives: -Top Half Finish -Be competitive in UCL -Reach Later Stage of Copa Del Rey -Media Prediction: 7th -Salary Cap: GBP 850k Squad / Transfers With the high standards we’ve set ourselves the past two years, I feel it’s all about trying our best to maintain what we have achieved. That being heavily contesting a top 4 UCL spot, and doing well in all cup competitions we are contesting in. Not really having any talent available to sell to generate funds and wanting to keep most of the team together anyway, I generally invested in some replacement for those players leaving us on Bosmans – but with a couple of more expensive additions to try and improve a couple of positions in our first team that I hope will take us up a level. Gavin Banzu was the man I decided to invest in between the sticks. Plizzari has done a good job, but I feel maybe we need someone a little bit better to try and get closer to the top sides. He cost 26.5mil GBP from Southampton, very well suited to the SK-D role, and has 40 Irish Caps to his name. What I liked about him was his attributes in 3 key areas that for me is a must for any keeper who can also be a match winner – one on ones, reflexes, and handling. But he also commands his box extremely well, has excellent distribution and doesn’t have any particularly bad negative parts to his game on the mental and physical side. Only negative really is that he doesn’t enjoy big matches – that’s not to say he’ll perform badly in them, but I guess I’ll find out in due course. He’s someone I’ve gambled on to be our long-term keeper at this club, so I hope it will be money well spent in the end. The other is Brazilian Newertton. I badly needed a quality winger, and although Soares who I brought in for 1mil GBP last year actually did a very good job, I did need an upgrade. He’s 22 now, and I hope maybe a bit more room for development which ultimately was why I decided to invest in him, along with not of talent available in this position. He cost us 12.5mil GBP from Shakhtar. But even if he doesn’t his willingness to work hard for the team and his pace / acceleration will make him an asset to pressing effectively on our left side of the pitch. So he’ll always be able to positively contribute providing he applies himself. I hope he can adjust well to the league and provide us with a greater impact from the left hand side. One signing I was really excited about was the Czech Adam Karabec brought in on a Bosman. I needed depth at AM, but his attributes and where he best plays whilst being left footed too I felt really suited our system. With this in mind, he felt like a free upgrade on our first XI and has the ability to be a real game changer in being able to compete at that higher level. High in flair, good pace and acceleration, great technique / first touch with the ability to run at his man he could be a handful for many opponents. He’s not exactly bad when it comes to passing and having the vision too. At only 24 and a Czech International, he most definitely could be a long-term investment for the club at an absolute bargain. Season 5 Review – Malaga Club Legends Born La Liga (Winners) First Half We had an excellent first half of the season, amassing 49 points which had us well on course to mount a serious title challenge. Our first game of the season was at home to Barca. That was a hard game and they had the better of us at our own place, but we grinded out a close 1-0 win and I feel this really set the team up for a good start. Likewise for them, they never got started for their own title aspirations with them 13 points behind us at this stage. Real Madrid were clearly going to be the team to compete with, and well they battered us 1-4 at their place so they would still be strong favourites to take home the league crown. Second Half It was after 24 games where I started to think, could the impossible, become possible? But then during this part of the season the alarm bells were ringing. Our main striker with the required quality needed to get us over the line Semedo suffered an injury keeping him out 7 weeks, and even upon his return he soon suffered another. This also came at a point where we had some easier fixtures, notably against Elche and Osasuna – both of which we dropped points. We had a 10 point lead, but Real had closed this down to 5. With no immediate return it felt like things were going to fall flat… But speaking to the lads and trying to keep their morale up, we achieved some brilliant result like the away wins at Bilbao and Sociedad and more so, a 4-0 home thumping of Real Madrid – all without our star striker. It was a crucial game, because if we lost the gap would have been down to 2 points. This steadied the ship, and gave us an 8 point gap with 4 games left to play, which I felt at this point of the season would be enough - four good performances that's all we needed. Please let us not bottle it.... But luckily it proved enough, with us getting over the line during the 5-1 home win and mauling of Valencia - and so the La Liga was ours! And it is the club’s first ever league title in the top tier. To me, the players that formed the squad this year are all now club legends. It was an amazing effort. Everyone really dug in, and performed far beyond their capabilities. Yes we did need a bit of luck on the way, being the poorer performances of the big two sides. But it's hard to perform strongly every year, and from the perspective of continuing to develop well, we surpassed last year's points total in the league, with us achieving 94 this time around - a total that is certainly competitive when challenging for a La Liga crown. Our 5-1 Mauling of Valencia, before lifting the trophy at home in front of our own fans Champions League (Semi Finals) We had a really good campaign this year here, and it took the mighty Liverpool to knock us out. After the league phase we ended up coming in 3rd spot here, so there was no need to play a playoff to reach the knockouts. We faced Sassuolo and then a tough game against Arsenal in the quarters both which we managed to get through. But Liverpool at Anfield were a step too far, and we also failed to win our home game vs them. It was not just a great performance in the competition, but importantly it gave us an indicator or where we currently are at, and what additional tools we may need to give them a tougher game and better chance to compete vs the elite European teams. This to me, is a top quality CB, better quality wing-backs both sides, a top quality midfielder and a deadly striker. Well it was Pool who won it, so two year’s running the eventual winners have knocked us out both times. Copa Del Rey (Winners ) We were still in the UCL at this point after just knocking out Arsenal and again, our opponents – Real Madrid! But they went out the UCL in the last 16 against Feyenoord of all teams. So they were fresh coming into this game and I wasn’t optimistic for this reason. Despite fielding a really strong line up, I decided to freshen things up hoping that energy brought into the final would give us a chance – and they never quite settled. Making it awkward for them, in a tightly contested game where we took the lead and they equalized on the hour, I feared the game might fall out of our grasp. But it was none other than home grown club legend Roberto Fernandez who stepped up to score in the 76th minute which proved to be the winning goal. Another great cup run for us this year, retaining the Copa Del Rey and at this point we just needed to clinch La Liga for a domestic treble. Supercopa (Winners) Like the Copa Del Rey last year, I took this competition seriously with it being a trophy the club has never got its hands on. It wasn’t an easy path, being drawn against Barca in the Semi’s. But a superb performance saw us trounce them 3-0 before again, coming up against Real Madrid in a final. We lost 1-4 away earlier in the league this season, so it was hard to be optimistic as they clearly now set themselves up differently against us. And well, they outplayed us heavily this time statistics wise, being the side that would appear to deserve to take home the trophy. But though they had double the number of shots, we had about the same xG as them – and those higher quality chances we were able to create, we took, and saw us win the Supercopa for the first time winning 3-1. Finances / Infrastructure With the heavy investments on Bazunu and Newertton it was important we had a good UCL run, which we did. And also because we continued to invest heavily in our training and youth facilities. The board did not disappoint, and were willing to improve these further. Both are now considered State of the Art facilities. Staff wise we now our ranked 1st in every category, and I’d like to think the investments here was one reason why we were able to have a fantastic campaign this season, seeing us outperform Barca and Real in every way possible. And with all of the above, we have just under 85mil GBP in the bank. So it was a great year of further progress on this front. The only negative is there hasn’t been any option available to task for a stadium expansion. So I expect I will look to try and invest in the squad a little further. As mentioned above, our performances in the UCL suggest that if we are able to have a chance to compete with those sides highly talented, I’m going to need a top class CB, a top class midfielder, a top class striker and top class Full-Backs very important in the modern game. Of course our profile of club and location in Spain, we aren’t going to have the available budget to spend huge. But I’ll certainly be looking to try and find young talent with great potential who can possibly fill these roles. I’d like to think after this year, we are now a strong top 4 contender for each season but will always not have the riches of the big two. So I’ll need to manage things going forward with this in mind.
  15. Familiar opponents were next up, as Watford provided the opponents for their fourth successive home game, and it turned out to be the game of the season, both sides putting attack over defence and treating the fans to a nine goal thriller. It started at a frantic pace, both sides creating chances in the opening ten minutes, Cesar and Samba for Peter's side, while Liam Miller had the best chance for the visitors, but on 17 minutes, little Wouter Kos opened the scoring, bombing forward in support of the attack before the ball fell to him on the half volley, and he finished with aplomb. The lead only lasted four minutes however, Miller capitalising on a rare Benjamin Kibebe error, the midfielder's misplaced pass allowing the Irishman in and he slotted home past Jose Ros. From then though, the Swede was determined to make amends, and he assisted both the second and third goals before the interval. The second was a lovely little reverse pass into the path of Claus Jensen, who managed to poke the ball home, but his crossfield pass to Cesar was a thing of beauty, the Spaniard taking it on his chest and using the outside of his right goot to guide it into the far corner. Peter had taken great delight in the way his side took the control of the game away after the equaliser, and when Cesar scored his second twelve minutes into the second half to make it 4-1, it looked like game over. The visitors however, had a different opinion, and they turned it on for the final half an hour, somehow inexplicably managing to score three times and level things up. Antti Pohja started the madness just after the hour mark, using his pace to break free and finishing nicely. The Finnish international assisted for the next goal too, sliding in Trond Ludvigsen who curled the ball past Ros. Peter was almost pulling his hair out, but when George Matthews levelled the scores, a third goal in ten minutes for the visitors, he turned round and aimed a kick at the Lucozade bottle by the side of the dugout. The final fifteen minutes seemed to be a frantic effort, both sides trying to win the game, and fortunately for Peter, it was his side who grabbed the winning goal, Cesar completing his hat trick in injury time, rising highest into the crowd and heading home to seal the win in a ridiculous game .. "I don't think I can take many more games like that at my age Damien" They met for their debrief in the local pub on Sunday afternoon, deciding to unwind while they did so "Tell me about it gaffer. I thought we'd blown it for a minute" Peter took a swig of his Guinness before he spoke again "Me too. Oh, did we hear back from Corneliusson?" Matthew looked into his bag for the paperwork "Here it is. AIK have accepted the bid and our contract offer has been sent to the lad. If we can pull this signing off I think it's a great addition to the team. He's quality, full international aswell" "From what I've seen of him he's a step up from what we have now. As well as Marek has done for us, he still needs time to develop"
  16. All that money and the board still is taking 30% of transfer revenue.
  17. SEASON 2023/2024 More Wins But Nearly Beaten By Eastbourne! King & Veliz Win Awards!
  18. Could we get 2 more people to play a 4 teams league with National teams : We could play 4,5 - 4 or 3,5 star teams. Export National team, and then import in a versus game-
  19. Not sure where to post this. Always see super leagues done but has anyone ever reworked the leagues in a way that the leagues stay the same but teams are different Example. Each world league is ranked. England, Italy Spain, France and so forth. Has anyone ever changed teams in said leagues based on teams world ranking. So if the English Premier League is the top ranked league, the top 24? ranked teams would be moved there. And so forth. Could end up with some amazing new leagues and ways to play Could go as deep as someone would want too. I am not good at using the editor. If this is in the wrong place, I apologize
  20. Spain seems to be very popular this year Best of Luck!
  21. Nice to hear, thank you! I think your way is a dream of the most FM players. Most of them want to be a coaches IRL and work at the company. You have great and interesting way. Good luck!
  22. ahh okay. i've never seen either so that would make sense
  23. Hello everyone. I am starting a new save. The idea of this save is to consistently predict the course of every game we play and win trophies.
  24. It's true about player interactions. Really you got interesting opportunity. Good luck and enjoy it!
  1. Load more activity