All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sounds like relationism-oriented approach to me. Should be interesting seeing you taking that approach should you go down that path. Closely following, as usual.
  3. Today
  4. There are so many variations of a tactic that it's difficult to say, "I'm going up against a 4-2-3-1 so I will do X." They could be a high pressing 4-2-3-1, a double IWB 4-2-3-1, or a midblock counter attack 4-2-3-1 etc. I would try to stick to your game plan when possible and play to your strengths to start out. Look at the empty space on the pitch when you have the ball / don't have the ball and make adjustments based on that. Watching matches in full for the first 15-20 minutes can help you get a feel of if you need to make tweaks and see how your side plays. Pace is a real killer, these are player's capable of exploiting that empty space and can demand tactical changes to exploit/prevent their ability. How you make changes isn't a rock paper scissors scenario, but about nullifying threats (what is their game plan/how do they score goals) and exploiting tactical or player weaknesses in the opposition. Role changes (looking at role combinations) are a nice way to do this along with finding TI combos you find effective for in match changes. Pass maps and match momentum are two in game tools I'd highlight as well.
  5. A more rational transfer system. One I just dealt with a minute ago - snaked Gvardiol from Man City for 77 million because of financial difficulties. Won the Liga Portugal and Champion's League with him. Arsenal comes in during the summer and offers 30 million and some add-ons. I countered with 125 million - a fair value based on what I could spend to replace him and make a profit on his initial transfer fee - they, of course, packed their bags. He's mad that I didn't accept the 30 million. Wouldn't accept any asking price over 60. It's not realistic that a player who knows he was purchased for 77, morale is superb in general and just won the CL would expect a club to take a major loss on him after a season. I don't mind AI lowballs and trying to unsettle players, that's sort of vaguely realistic but way too often I get players mad that I won't sell them for a loss even though we're winning and all other indicators are that they're happy. I've just stopped agreeing to asking prices and started using the editor to remove unhappiness after I tell them they've blown it. Cheating is the only way to work around the broken transfer system sometimes.
  6. Had to restart wasn't going well in pre season of season 1
  7. Hi guys , so im stopped in my save because a huge problem . This happens in the past but i ignore it and fixed alone , dont know how but now i need to buy 2 players and cant due the error. In the confirmation i get the message that i dont have money and give me the option to delay the transfer. The problem is , i have a lot of money due a lot of years selling good kids that i teach and make it huge stars, now im millionaire and cant buy anyone. Can help please? Save game attached.
  8. I briefly touched on this earlier in the thread, but I was wondering how teams that build up in this formation adjust to different defensive shapes. I know I read one article that said if the author came up against a 4-2-3-1, they would go from playing through the middle with underlaps on to playing through right/left and turning the underlaps off. What other defensive shapes would necessitate a change in tactical approach or instructions? I know that some teams will change to a 3-1-6 build-up against certain formations or a diamond (3-Diamond-3). When does this usually take place? I am trying to learn the "if-then" of some tactical approaches.
  9. Yesterday
  10. I feel like this Barca had the most eye catching counter attacks than the later and more successful Barca squads. FM2014 could be for Atletico Madrid's 442: La Liga win and 2nd in the Champs. League.
  11. March 2025 Schedule Finally we start to close the door on the competition. We can no longer mathematically finish lower than 6th. 6 games to go in the league and a 8 point gap on 2nd. Unfortunately, I think Rodange is definitely going down. Maybe we should look into an affiliate club further down in the pyramid. Luxembourg National Division Amazingly the potential takeover talks have not ceased since I think just prior to the winter transfer window. The administration may be in chaos but the dynamics have mellowed out and the team is much more even keel. Defenders on the Right We got a lot of right backs and potential right backs at the club, lets go through them. (Let me know if everyone would like to see all the available right backs or just those natural or starting at that position.) 1st Oliveira hands down. His loan ends this year. Hopefully we can set up an extension. I just wish he wasn't so expensive so we could get him in permanently. 2nd is Nsanzimana who is luckily our best skilled player off the bench. Which is good if we lose Duarte this will give us good cover until we can address the hole in the side. 3rd is Almeida. Reihle could play there, but he is better suited as a center back. Almeida was brought in on a free from FC Hertha 03 Zehlendorf in the German lower divisions. Only 16 years old, he has good potential and is already 2nd tier quality. He has only played in 4 games for the reserves, but has already put in 3 key tackles, 4 key passes, and winning nearly 5 headers a game with a 7.05 average rating. He will be 16 for a while yet, but when he turns 17 he will be out immediately to a Division of Honour side I have no doubt. 4th is Federspiel currently on loan in the 3rd division with FC Erpeldange 72. So far they have not kept their promises, failing to play him even once. Prior to that he was tearing it up in the reserves with a 7.40 average rating in 7 appearances for the side. His speed is just second to none. I don't know how he gets into the senior side long term as he just doesn't have the potential of Almeida, Nys, or Moller. We will just have to wait and see how he progresses next season. 5th is Rudy Duah but he has been on the transfer list for a while now and will be released at the earliest opportunity. Ie. right after he returns from his poor showing in the third division with FC Jeunesse Gilsdorf. First Choice We would love to have him back especially with his great dribbles made per 90, and his league leading 0.56 crosses completed per 90 from the wingback spot. Second Choice Nsan is a little older, and has struggled to develop. He has played super often with 40 appearances for the first team, but that is mainly due to him being able to play anywhere across the back four and put in a good shift. He is one of the best in the division across all defenders with 2.41 tackles per 90, and 7.58 progressive passes per 90. Glad to have him on the books for another two seasons. Summary Here is a summary overview of the team. Next up is our first leg against Jeunesse Esch in the semi-final of the Luxembourg Cup. 2 more months to go and 8-9 games depending on our cup performance. I think we can start to push for the treble this year. Thanks to anyone following along, and best of luck in your own saves. Cheers!
  12. As a league champion that is getting some European Money. You have to eat the wages for loanees. Just make sure they are on low wages and short contracts in case they don't workout. In my current save (Slovakia, AS Trencin) almost all the players I loan out are on their first professional contract. That is because I don't have a B-Team/U-21's, but only a U-19's team. I usually foot most of the bill for the loanees and I have no where near the money that Viking does and I just got European Football (Europa League Playoffs, $107k for winning the first round plus gate receipts). Yes, I still play FM even though I am not writing about it.....it makes watching Man City lose much more fun!
  13. TV Rights. Racing CFF in France £18M, Tullibody in Scotland £1.5M Sponsorship. Racing CFF in France £7M, Tullibody in Scotland £1.6M. League Prize money. Racing CFF in France £8M, Tullibody in Scotland £2.4M. Attendances. Racing CFF in France 10,500, Tullibody in Scotland 10,502. By the looks of these we're miles off France, (which is a fair bit off England). I'll keep an eye on my request list.
  14. Season 10 - Macclesfield FC - League 2 Our first season in League 2 and surprisingly we werent the favourites to automatically go down. From experience, I know the rise from VNL to League 1 or Championship can occur quite quickly and that's what I was quietly hoping for. After a decent start the season we became quite mediocre in the middle of the season and were sitting midtable. We hit some for towards the end of the season and for a minute were in with a shout for the automatic promotion spots but a draw and a loss in the last two games of the season meant that we finished 6th. Into a 2 legged play off against Colchester with the first game at home. We dominated but didnt really reflect it on the scoreboard only winning 2 - 1 on the night with a disallowed goal in the 78th minute to give us a deserved two goal cushion for the away leg. The away leg was the complete opposite, they scored early and then again late in the 80th minute to get the advantage. We went all guns blazing and forced the tie into extra time thanks to a 92nd minute goal from Cox 27C. In extra time we couldnt handle them and they eventually scored to go through to the final where they lost to Wimbledon 1 - 0. At the start of the season we had a planned stadium expansion approved to get around an additional 1000 capacity however that was unfortunately scrapped cos we couldnt get our council permits. This is really hampering us cos now that we are Youth Level 2, we are for the first time haemorrhaging money. So additional improvements will be few and far between now. It doesnt help that our training facilities were downgraded at the end of the season either! I did though get approval to be fully licensed which will finish next season. Youth Preview Average at best with only 1 A in defence Youth Intake Anyone seen my Elite defender? Anyone? Im giving this HOYD one more final chance to deliver something next season! Only one player worth mentioning and I think i got a decent striker out of this intake in Kyle Wood 34A. He should develop along nicely and at 15 has a lot of time on his side with decent physicals and a couple important technicals for an advanced forward
  15. Youth Academy Challenge - Energie Cottbus - 2025/26 Season HISTORY: Season 1: 3. Liga - 4th Season 2: 3. Liga - 5th - L in DFB Pokal 1st Round
  16. Ummm I seem to be getting this error when I am trying to look at a staff member's profile.
  17. This can work fine! I wouldn't use it every game you play though. I also think you will struggle with this on shorter passing. It's a style that is built to absorb pressure and then hit the opposition team in transition, you might consider an all attack role frontline for something like this. This can work on a high press or lower lines system but it's reliant on the opposition being willing to come out and play. I'd leave "hold shape" unticked as well. If they park the bus or are letting you dictate the tempo of the match, then I would prefer a different approach. No need to drop the DM(s) but I might want a hard working profile or role for the AP or CM(a).
  18. Thanks, @samboing, that sounds sensible. At the moment I’m trying to assess the young players who were out on loan last season, plus the best prospects who played 2nd Team and U19s last season. The limit of eight loans out is quite challenging and hardly anybody wants to pay wages or loan fees. Probably not surprising when you look at how many Eliteserien teams have insecure finances and I imagine it’s even more challenging further down the pyramid.
  19. Nope, not doing anything tactically (no high pressing) or in training out of the ordinary, I haven't had injury issues this bad in 20 years of FM. Bizarre.
  20. Portugal... If my team being SL Benfica was any clue. Shout out to Wrexham...
  21. Hi @knap, which 4231/451 tactics is best for away game face better team?
  22. To answer your other question: I am from The Netherlands. (but you already knew that)
  23. this is one is the article , it is for previous versions of FM but the main principles still apply
  24. Sounds great. Thanks for the advice. I'll make those adaptions and then monitor the highlights to see what we're getting. I'm excited to see what we can get out of Schjelderup. He's the main one I'm itching to get success with.
  25. Hello, I am positionned n°1 in the championnship while I have a less goal difference than the second which has same points as me.
  26. After the winter transfer window I'm being asked to complete the squad registration for my main team as well as the B team. However I don't have any options to complete it for the B team. The game stays at "Must Respond" and doesn't let me progress
  27. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou Conference League - 2nd Qualifying Round The draw had not been kind to Geroskipou, pitting them against Portugese side Vit. Guimaraes. Clive did have last year in the back of his mind, but surely teams would have cottoned on the fact they can go with basic tactics and weak sides against the new boys from Cyprus. Just before all the first leg of the tie, star midfielder Leiva went down in training, and the doc looked worried when he told Clive that he would miss the first 3 months of the season. Quite right too, as without Leiva, Geroskipou were without one of their best creators. With nobody near his quality to back him up either, Clive knew that they may be in for a tough ride. First Leg The first leg went as well as Clive could have hoped for. A 1-0 win away from home, with an early Mariano penatly proving to be the difference. Clive also could not think of a time where 100% of his teams shots had been on target. He just hoped that the slim advantage would hold back in Cyprus. Second Leg Despite the stats not being in Geroskipou's favour, they did have 2 goals from van Looy ruled out narrowly for offside in the second half, so the match remained tense. It was only in the 93rd minute of the game that everyone wearing a red shirt could breath a sigh of relief, when finally the deadlock was broken by the Portugese loanee Mariano and their was no way back for the club from his land.
  1. Load more activity