Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thank you very much for the effort, but you didn’t tell me anything new. I know the basics, all you’ve written is clear to me. Remember I’m not new to the series, quite the opposite, but I’ve lost the thread since the game turned into more and more complicated simulator. I know what pressing is, what the d-line and the loe do, how closing down disrupts shape. I’m just unable to put it together and tell what and when to do. I need examples, practical and technical. I know that regarding FM the answer is most of the time “it depends”. Maybe it does, but it doesn’t bring me any closer to grasping the game. I need to understand when and who to press and why, when go wider or narrower and why, stuff like that.
  3. I'm trying to think of other teams that are either ready to play with 3 CBs or are close to it, but as you say Sheff Utd is the obvious one; the other that comes immediately to mind is Sheff Weds. Bristol City and Derby are two other possibles. Of course, Forest is another candidate - loads of CBs, but you'd need to recruit a couple of WBs to along with them - only Darikwa is a natural in the role.
  4. While I have the game loaded, does anyone want any screenshots ?
  5. I know you're frustrated but please mind the language. Jadedness stems from players being overplayed (including international appearances), lacking fitness, not being rested enough (days off or in general training), unsuitable training programs and/or poor quality/not enough Sports Scientists. Then combine all of that with your high intensity system and I doubt that it's something bug related.
  6. @warlock Looks like a good base to build form there, really hitting form now and always great to see Jake Vokins in a save (for the millionth time ). Started a save as Rotherham after binning my QPR save, I just couldn't get a narrow formation to stick. But although Barnsley aren't exactly rivals with Rotherham, it still feels a little bit wrong. I'm now looking for an efl team to try a 5 at the back formation with, the obvious choice is of course Sheff Utd but that is definitely not happening.
  7. What minimum/ maximum age are you after? A few that spring to mind are ravel Morrison, Freddy adu, Nicolas bendtner, gael kakuta, adnan januzaj, Mario balotelli, ryo miyaichi and nile ranger.
  8. Hello. I'm starting to get really annoyed that my star players gets tired and needs to get sent on holiday all the damn time. I'm talking about Savic and Asensio. Why does this happen all the time? They can't play three full games in a row before they need a holiday. Yes, I play an intensive style, but nobody else needs to rested nearly that much. Worst thing is, Savic has natural fitness 20! And Asensio has natural fitness 16. Why does this happen all the time??? Must be something bug related?
  9. I am not being offered any transfer budget despite bringing in a lot of money to the club. Is this a bug, or is there some other explanation? I've uploaded "MILAN 2024-25 PRESEASON II."
  10. Funny enough, I'd play it pretty similarly. I'd be looking at something pretty similar, although since writing this I have become a much bigger fan of the AMC(S) role in an Attacking team mentality. I'd need to play around with it a bit but it would be nice to revisit the 4-2-4 at some point as I don't feel I've done it justice.
  11. Well it was an easy comment to make. So many people fall into the trap of complaining that things aren't realistic in the game, but think it's fine that you can take one of the weaker squads in the league to the Europa League semis in less than 2 years. I'd say your achievements are far less realistic than the situation you're complaining about to be honest.
  12. I do but I just signed two great players for that position.
  13. I'll stick to either 10 seasons or Legend status before resigning from FC Labattoir, and then who knows where I'll go! I'm still very confused about the Sada sides! Here's my tactic: I'm really not sure.
  14. IFK Eskilstuna – Season 12 Season 12 – 2030 – Swedish Premier Division League / cup: What a crazy season! We started off with the February cup games and our performances were bordering on embarrassing – a credible 1-1 home draw with reigning champions AIK followed by two defeats to lower league sides, the last one 4-0, albeit with my second string side. We started off the league campaign with our usual mid-table form, but things were looking slightly better as I finally found some tactical consistency (changing mentality to cautious and sticking to a 4-4-2 rather than switching around seemed to bring some benefits). We then went on a great mid-season run – again as per usual, but because we started off higher and managed to put away a few higher-placed teams, this propelled us up the table all the way into Euro qualification slots by August. Again unusually, we kept this run going into the Autumn. Our euro/title rivals were very inconsistent and somehow we ended up first in late October with 5 games remaining: We put away rock-bottom Örgryte and blasted away our close rivals Halmstads BK (who were second) 4-0 at home. Here we go I thought, title almost in the bag. In typical fashion, we then proceeded to draw and lose our next two games against sides 15thand 8th in the table. Miraculously our opponents were continuing with their inconsistency, leaving us top on goal difference on the last day – but we had to go away to 6th place Djurgårdens. Other title rivals also had quite tough fixtures, however, most playing away to decent teams: In the end it didn’t matter as we easily dispatched Djurgårdens 3-1, and secured the title with a Leicester-like 59 points (less than 2ppg) It wasn’t quite the Liverpool-Man City standard of the title race, but they all count Plus, we apparently ended Eskilstuna's own 109 years of hurt League table | Past positions | Cup Squad: We are pretty solid throughout, with good players in all areas of the pitch – although still a bit thin in attack with only 3 strikers and no youths coming through, so I’m retraining some midfielders to play up front. The best players are now rated as Premier Division quality rather than the league below, which I think was a key difference this season. Here’s a round-up of the best ones: Johan Frosbald 22a (DRC) is our best defender with good physical and mental stats, and Niclas Jonsson 26c (DL) is rated as a good Premier Division player, even though he’s not very consistent Oscar Claesson 26d (ML) has had a fantastic season with 14 assists and 9 goals from the wing, including 2 in the crucial last game of the season Henrik Gustafsson 24a (ST) is finally living up to his potential up front, with 23 goals in 25 games Youth watch: The first team is getting better so it’s harder for youngsters to break through, but two players in particular stood out this season: Charlie Jönsson 25b (MC) was on loan last season and I was only planning to use him as a back-up, but he’s been crucial in our run-in, directing play in the DLP role and chipping in with 9 goals. I guess his 17 in decisions really helps there, even though his other attributes are not that strong. Niclas Sundberg 26h (ST) has been a pleasant surprise up-front, giving me a very competent second striking option. His dribbling, passing and finishing could do with improvement, but he has great physical stats. Youth intake: Labelled a golden generation again, but it doesn't look that impressive, and the top prospect Hannes Pettersson 30a (DRL,MR) has 3 determination and an unambitious personality. I do need another left-back though. Peter Claesson 30b (DRC/DM) looks the most ready for first team football, and I’ll try to retrain Henrik Björklund 30c (AMLC) as a much-needed striker. From the rest, I only signed the players with good personalities or high determination - I'm trying focus a bit on improving the squad personality over the next few years. Transfers: nothing of note Finances: Breaking even, but losing slightly more than we gain Facilities: board refusing upgrades, so as we were for now Next season’s aim: We played well against the better teams but struggled against bottom of the table sides, so I might need to realign tactics again as our rep grows and teams become more defensive next season. So I’m not expecting any fireworks, but a European qualification place would be nice. Season | League | Pos. | Cup | CL | EL | Top scorer | Top assists | Top rating | Notes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 | Div 2 S. Svea | 3 | n/a | n/a | n/a | Cirak (22) | Milde (15) | Alkoyun (7.7) | 2020 | Div 2 S. Svea | 1 | n/a | n/a | n/a | Cirak (22) | Milde + 2 more (10) | Milde (7.8) | Promotion 2021 | Div 1 North | 1 | n/a | n/a | n/a | Cirak (21) | Milde (14) | Cirak (7.7) | Promotion 2022 | Div 1 Elite | 11 | R2 | n/a | n/a | Cirak (17) | Hallberg 19a (9) | Cirak (7.4) | Survived 2023 | Div 1 Elite | 9 | R2 | n/a | n/a | Juhlin 20b (12) | Milde (11) | Milde (7.1) | 2024 | Div 1 Elite | 6 | group | n/a | n/a | Juhlin 20b (20) | Milde (9) | Östling (7.4) | 2025 | Div 1 Elite | 7 | group | n/a | n/a | Juhlin 20b (19) | Palm 24c (14) | Lundin (7.3) | 2026 | Div 1 Elite | 4 | group | n/a | n/a | Gustafsson 24a (14) | Palm 24c (12) | Palm 24c (7.2) | 2027 | Div 1 Elite | 1 | group | n/a | n/a | Gustafsson 24a (12) | Hallberg 19a (6) | Hallberg 19a (7.5) | Promotion! 2028 | Premier | 8 | QF | n/a | n/a | Gustafsson 24a (19) | Claesson 26d (13) | Claesson 26d (7.3) | 2029 | Premier | 7 | group | n/a | n/a | Juhlin 20b (14) | Claesson 26d (13) | Sundberg 26h (7.2) | 2030 | Premier | 1 | ongoing | n/a | n/a | Gustafsson 24a (23) | Claesson 26d (14) | Jönsson 25b (7.6) | !! :D . Season | Finances | Coaching | Recruitment | Training Fac. | Youth Fac. | Stadium ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 | £23k | Fairly Basic | Basic | Poor | Poor | 7800 2020 | -£9k | Average | Fairly Basic | Poor | Poor | 7800 2021 | -£6k | Average | Fairly Basic | Poor | Poor | 7800 2022 | £55k | Adequate | Average | Poor | Poor | 7800 2023 | £42k | Adequate | Average | Basic | Poor | 7800 2024 | £38k | Adequate | Average | Basic | Poor | 7800 2025 | £136k | Good | Average | Basic | Basic | 7800 2026 | £241k | Good | Average | Basic | Basic | 7800 2027 | £464k | Good | Above Average | Basic | Basic | 7800 2028 | £464k | Good | Well established | Basic | Basic | 7800 2029 | £491k | Good | Well established | Below Average | Basic | 7800 2030 | £116k | Good | Well established | Below Average | Basic | 7800
  15. Shall have to give a read of that. Looking it up Van Basten joined Ajax at 16 and developed from there, Figo and Ronaldo both joined Sporting at 12 so yeah bit of a difference I suppose
  16. Teamwork means just how much he will follow the instructions, but he is very good.
  17. Today
  18. I have been reading up on the Youth Academy Challenges the last few months and its something that really inspired me. I have been playing FM2011 for a long time with a challenge winning CL with Shamrock Rovers in Ireland and i managed that. After that i wanted a bigger challenge so i decided to try a YAC with Shamrock Rovers but about 8 years in i came to the conclusion its not possible because the Youth Intake is ridiculously bad. So i started a YAC with Berkum (amateur club from Holland) and about 6 years in i came to the conclusion that i lost my motivation because its way too easy. My youth team at the moment has about 25 players and only 3 or 4 with potential below 3 stars. The rest is all potential First League material and then the best 15 and 16 year old are with the first team allready. Very unrealistic to me! So now im gonna try a YAC in Ireland. Lets see if that feels like a realistic challenge. What i also noticed is that there is a huge difference in player interest and buy between FM2011 and FM2013. In FM2011 my players get bought much more often then in FM2013.
  19. I had 15 players missing for the European Super Cup during the 2021-2022 season where 2 months are lost to the Qatar World Cup I had seen the super cup postponed previously but there were 2 league fixtures a week after the WC so guess there wasn’t a slot in July and August to reschedule it
  20. What about just deleting it from the database? Not setting it as extinct: just deleting it outright.
  21. January 2034 04.01.2034 - AFC Ajax - FC Utrecht 2:0 (ED) - 90.+2 and 90.+4 pen. Engin Ceylan Two games against FC Utrecht are very close in calendar and it was our chance to take revenge for defeat in December. FC Utrecht made a very good December, so this game here is like a six pointer in title race. Fred Koeman is suspended for this game and Dirk van Grinsven was not yet ready to start, so youngster Raimond Burg has to start on our right wing. Squad: Gluhalic, Drost, Siereveld, Schans, Lichaba, Engin Ari, Sastrodimedjo (70. Stekelenburg), Janssen, Burg, van Dalen (58. van der Aar), de Wit (66. Engin Ceylan) First half was rather quiet. We managed to get a few good attacks, but the first shot on target came from Tarik de Wit when already 39 minutes were played. FC Utrecht defended really well and as the game progressed, some of our players started to look more nervous. I offered some words of encouragement in half time team talk and in second half we started to look more dangerous. Simon Janssen had a good shot on target in 50’ that was saved brilliantly by FC Utrecht goalkeeper. Equally outstanding save was needed two minutes later, the shot came from de Wit that time. We looked well in the first 15 minutes after half time, but then FC Utrecht composed themselves and closed their defense more. It took all 90 minutes before we got a really good chance - young winger Raimond Burg had a great look in 90’, but his shot was saved. The final whistle was near, but we didn’t give up. Engin Ceylan worked well to keep FC Utrecht defenders under pressure and it brought dividends in injury time, when he intercepted a poor backpass from Ron Bosman and tucked it in from close range. FC Utrecht players looked in despair and two minutes later Danny Eind fouled Raimond Burg in the box and injury time penalty was awarded. It was a bit harsh call, but decision was made and Engin Ceylan doubled his tally from the spot. And after the penalty final whistle called and we had won with a fantastic finish to this game. It was a very important win for us. I was really proud for the players, because they worked hard until the end and didn’t give up and for that we were rewarded. our shooting was 22/7 we didn’t give FC Utrecht any scoring opportunities Simon Janssen had a great game for us Engin Ceylan scored his 10th goal of the season Pieter Stekelenburg made his 400th appearance for Ajax in this game 21.01.2034 - AFC Ajax - Helmond Sport 1:1 (ED) - 56. Tarik de Wit - 63. Ludovicus Depuydt It’s the third time we meet with Helmond Sport in this season. While they’ve playing slightly above expectations and are currently 14th - few places above relegation zone - we did beat them 6:2 in a cup game in December and I felt fairly confident before that game. I selected attacking formation with overlapping fullbacks and expected us to beat them comfortably in Amsterdam Arena. Johan van Dalen was injured before this game, Leslie Lichaba was back in full training (but not ready to start) and Dirk van Grinsven returned to full fitness and starting line-up. Squad: Gluhalic, Drost, Siereveld, Schans, Koeman, de Groot (68. Engin Ari), Sastrodimedjo, Stekelenburg (56. Janssen), van Grinsven, van der Aar, de Wit (62. Engin Ceylan) First half was a drab football and poor attacking movement. Our only good chance came in 9’ when Tarik de Wit sliced Helmond defense with a wonderful through ball to find Pieter Stekelenburg opening behind defensive line. However, our playmaker couldn’t use his chance and shot went straight to goalkeeper. I wasn’t too happy with 0:0 scoreline at half time and asked the team turn up tempo for second half and break Helmond defense with pace. It took some time but we found a way through - Tom Drost delivered a cross and Tarik de Wit headed towards goal - not the best of headers, but ball somehow squirmed through Helmond’s goalkeeper and went in. Vital goal for us and with that opportunities start to come. Omar van der Aar had a great chance to extend our lead in 60’, but his shot was blocked and then, out of nowhere, Helmond found and equalizer. A number of one-touch passes made a good combination and their danger man Ludovicus Depuydt finished with a good shot that Ismet Gluhalic was unable to save. We almost gave up another goal when Thibaud Simon was left too open in our area, but fortunately his shot went wide. We too had our chances to win this game - Simon Janssen was first to get to loose ball in the box in 73’, but his shot was saved brilliantly by Helmond’s goalkeeper. In the end we had to settle with disappointing draw - that result was clearly not good enough and I was disappointed with our performance. Our defense in second half was sub-par and we didn’t take our chances in attack. Substitutions failed to make positive impact and that’s a sort of thing that needs to improve, too. our shooting was 20/8 we had 54 key passes - couldn’t convert that to chances 25.01.2034 - Sparta Rotterdam - AFC Ajax 1:1 (ED) - 25. Tasos Kolonis - 33. Tarik de Wit Next up is Sparta Rotterdam in away game. We will meet them soon again in cup quarter finals that’s being held in a week, but I expect Sparta to be more dangerous in home and they probably are more attacking, too. We have Leslie Lichaba back in full fitness and he can start in left defense for us. In opposition it’s interesting to see our loan players Jaap Hoogdorp and Sjoerd de Jong in action. Squad: Gluhalic, Drost, Siereveld, Schans, Lichaba (67. Koeman), Engin Ari, Sastrodimedjo, Janssen (72. Stekelenburg), van Grinsven, van der Aar, de Wit (64. Engin Ceylan) First fifteen minutes made me a little worried, because we gave Sparta too many corners. Sparta’s goal eventually came from open play - Edward Schans missed his interception and Tasos Kolonis calmly finished his chance. It looked like we just woke up after conceded goal and immediately started to look more dangerous in attack. Tom Drost made a smart run and laid excellent pass to Tarik de Wit and de Wit finished well to equalize. In 40’ Simon Janssen had a great chance to give us the lead, but his shot was saved, so first half finished with 1:1. I was not happy with our finishing (and in fact with the whole first 30 minutes of the game). Second half didn’t start better for us. We were too slow to react in IFK situation and gave Sparta’s central defender Nick Prent too shots on goal. Good save from Ismet Gluhalic rescued us. Then started a good period when we managed to put Sparta under real pressure. Dirk van Grinsven had two great chances in 67’ and 68’, but his shots weren’t even on target and experienced winger let us down on those occasions. Sparta managed to organize their defense better in the final 20 minutes and we had to settle for another poor draw. It was like a carbon copy of Helmond game - poor defensive mistake coupled with poor finishing in attack. I saw some very uneven performances on the pitch - some players looked really nervous. I asked Edward Schans aside after this game to give him some personal critique about his poor performance in defense. I hope he’ll take it the right way and improve in the future. 28.01.2034 - AFC Ajax - MVV Maastricht 2:0 (ED) - 37. pen. Tarik de Wit, 58. Omar van der Aar I want to finish January on a more positive note and it’s a good opportunity to do so against MVV Maastricht, because we’re clear favourites in this game and MVV are clearly underperforming in this season, even after they replaced their manager. MVV are now 17th in the table and in danger of relegation, if they can’t improve their form quickly enough. We have Johan van Dalen back in the squad and ready to start. Omar van der Aar has not impressed in recent games, so it’s a welcome news. Squad: Gluhalic, Drost, Siereveld, Schans, Koeman, Engin Ari, Sastrodimedjo (65. Stekelenburg), Janssen, van Grinsven, van Dalen (2. van der Aar), de Wit (60. Engin Ceylan) We were only two minutes into the game when Johan van Dalen limped off the pitch and had to be replaced by Omar van der Aar. I was happy to see him in the starting line-up, but he got injured so fast and I had to take him off and at first sight it looks pretty bad one. Perhaps this injury derailed us, but our first half was a drab affair - we couldn’t create chances and our attacking efforts were futile. It took all the way until 37’ to find a breakthrough and we needed a penalty for that. Fred Koeman used his acceleration to skip past defender and he was tripped in the box. Tarik de Wit looked a bit complacent when steading himself for the spot kick, but he scored nonetheless and we had the lead at half time. That goal aside I have nothing good to report from the first half. Second half was similarly uneventful, only one outstanding moment of brilliance by Omar van der Aar. He received a pass and took the shot just inside the area and that was a great strike - sent into the roof of the goal with power. Unstoppable shot for any goalkeeper and at this point that strike secured us the result that we wanted. Substitute Engin Ceylan had a few good moments in second half, but no real chances came from those. He has unique ability to create space around him, turn around defenders or beat them with pace and skills, but he often doesn’t use opportunities that he gets, waiting too long with his shot or just putting it wide. I’m still not happy with our display and performance, but at least the result is good in this game. Johan van Dalen is sidelined for at least 5-6 weeks with sprained ankle MVV result was slightly better finish to fairly poor month. Results I can take, but our performance was rather poor and with players in my disposal at the moment I’ve run out of ideas how to improve it quickly. Few things have become clear in this season, especially after we dropped out of Champions League. We need to rebuild and bring new talent up quicker. It means that I’m not going to offer new contracts to several veteran players and they are heading out of the club in next Summer - Sergio Alleyne, Nketsi Matal and Pieter Stekelenburg are now free to sign new deals with other clubs. Eredivisie Despite our results we’re safely 7 points clear above Feyenoord. MVV Maastricht are sinking without trace and new manager has not been able to turn things around for them. Transfers January 2034 For us it was a fairly quiet transfer window. I was not able to find a new club to Eugene Talea and he remains in the squad until Summer. There wasn’t much interest in our first team players and I had no difficult choices to make, regarding transfers or contracts. We sent three youngsters out on loan in this January: central defender Rick Hendriks went to Telstar talented goalkeeper Rob Pluim joined Go Ahead Eagles for six month Erwin Vormer made a temporary move to Go Ahead Eagles PSV Eindhoven had the busiest transfer window. They sold their best striker Jaume Prada to Lazio for impressive £11m and brought in Chijoke Obafemi from Olympique Lille as a replacement, paying £4,2m for him. £4,2m is a big fee in Eredivisie terms, but PSV obviously made a huge profit out of this move.
  22. Jonathan Vidalle (828925) 01/01/09 a 30/06/11 Scout in Parma 01/07/11 a 30/06/14 Scout in Boca since 01/07/14 Scout in Arsenal (England) https://ar.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-vidalle-533833a5
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?