All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ty for the help bro, im new to the editor, imma try and get it to work. tysm
  3. Basingstoke Town 203/37: Fairly Dull Premier League: 12th Champions League: Round of 16 - Lost to Real Madrid FA Cup: Quarter Final - Lost to Tottenham EFL Cup: Second Round - Lost to West Brom European/South American Club Challenge: Winners UEFA Super Cup: Winners Thought I'd mention the Champions League. However, we just weren't good enough to win it. Our first loss in European competition ever (including Europa and Europa Conference) came against Dortmund then Bayern. We needed to go through the Playoff Round but beat last year's Europa League Semi Final Rivals Villarreal 1-0 and 2-1. Their goal coming in the 2nd minute of injury time at the end of the second leg. Then we got Real Madrid in the Round of 16. Losing 2-1 at Home and 4-1 away. They're just World Class and we're not. Not a particularly exciting season and I'd taken a break around December/January from the game and came back with a fresh idea to reset the team. I know it's been a few months since the last update but here I am now. Though fortunately, it's not our worst Premier League season in terms of points or position. One in both. 13th with 48 when we won the Europa Conference League. When I came back, I identified a few week areas I wanted to freshen up. Took advantage of selling high-value players who were of no use and trying to find some diamonds in the rough when the best diamonds don't want to come here. We sold Riascos to Stuttgart and he's regularly playing for £33m rising another £10m. This is probably the most interesting part of the season. Goalscoring proved to be the issue this season and although Hernan Alvarez scored a first-half hattrick in a 6-1 demolition of Ipswich, he never really got going either. Though it was done months ago in real time, I still want to mention them. As much as I thought it would be the start of something good, this was really the highlight of our season. After beating Lanus in the European/South American thing, we won the UEFA Super Cup. I wish I could remember why but based on the scoreline, it looked as if we'd turned up and Atleti just didn't. Any hopes of a European trophy next season don't exist as we didn't go far in the FA or Carabao Cup and didn't win the Champions League. Trophy Cabinet
  4. That has nothing to do with homegrown in itself. They need to be homegrown and also under 23 years old. And you need 4 of those. If you don't have that, you need to leave the missing number of subs without a player selected.
  5. 2062 Season It's time for some top flight Uzbekistani football. We've been busy in the recruitment. The main players to mention, Jasurbek Tolibjonov is a top flight standard keeper, Said Marei and Yousef Al-Khatib both have decent ability at left back. Most of the signings have experience of the top flight. We are expected to struggle, but at least we will give it a go. Also not shown as he was a very late addition, and I've already taken too many screenshots for my liking - Karidioula Ripama a Burkinese Centre Back. The players are convinced we are light in the DMC area - they are correct. So we've signed a Singapore International for £41k. And just before the season started we levelled up our keeper. Estonian Sergey Andreev comes in and he looks a bit tasty Finally the football can return!
  6. Taking some inspiration from @danielgear and his QPR save, I've taken on a similar project but with a different club....Birmingham. This save starts on 29 March 2024 so there are just eight matches remaining in the season with Birmingham in 20th place just two points above the drop zone Why Birmingham? The club is struggling to perform in all phases on the pitch - they are averaging barely a goal per match (39 goals in 38 matches), they have allowed the second most goals thus far (55 goals in those 38 matches), and team discipline is awful (60 yellow card and three red cards to date) The club has no sense of budgeting and have pissed away all of the money that they made on the sale of Jude Bellingham to Dortmund. The club currently sits 9M in the red. The wage structure is awful. The club has a turnover of just over 12M but are spending over 19M on wages. The wage budget has been completely disregarded as Birmingham is spending 4M over the wage budget. Even the wage budget is an overspend of the club's turnover. The only positive at the club is the club's academy which continues to churn out potential star after potential star. The two stars that the club is going to need to build around and likely sell for a profit are 17-year old Romelle Donovan and I have my own 15-year old to add into the mix @danielgear and @_Ben_ in right back Mo Farah. Early Squad Impressions At first glance, the squad is old and on overpriced contracts. Taking a deeper look into the contract situation, I've already found some players whose contract expires in June and are no longer producing in line with the wages the club is paying them. CF Lukas Jutkiewicz - a 35 year old center forward who has played in just one match for us this season, as a sub, but is pulling 780K in an annual salary GK Neil Etheridge - a 34 year old goalkeeper who has played in seven matches while pulling in 1.092M in salary this season GK John Ruddy - a 37 year old goalkeeper who has been our starter this season while earning 480K in salary CB Marc Roberts - a 33 year old center back who has played in six matches but earns 520k in salary I'll need to bring in a new goalkeeper so I won't be lopping all of this money off the wage bill but these four players earn 2.872M in salary and only one of them is a starter. A player whose contract is up in June and I would like to keep but not at his current salary is midfielder Ivan Sunjic. Sunjic a solid rotational piece for us and is only 27 years old but he makes a whopping 884k this season. I'd like to negotiate a lower salary for someone is more a rotational option than a player to build the team around. I have four players who have contracts that expire at the end of the 2024-25 season who aren't playing a lot so I could use the combination of salary relief and transfer fees to help the bank balance. DM Callum Connelly - a 26 year old defensive midfielder has played in nine matches this season while making 374k. CF Simone Zaza - a 32 year old center forward who has played in 18 matches all off the bench and makes 311k. CM Greg Docherty - 27 year old midfielder has only seen game action in three matches this season while making 308k. CM Juninho Bacuna - probably the most valuable asset of the four - played in 27 matches scoring four goals and making 520k. Remaining Schedule Next post will hopefully be tonight or tomorrow AM. If not, it won't be coming until after I return from a workcation in Caribbean.
  7. We signed a bunch of players in the draft to fill the squad up. Hopefully we can do well this season. Eryk Williamson went to Al Wehda for 1.6 million pounds. Dario Zuparic went to Al Fayha for 1.6 million pounds. We are also in the North American Champions League so we will face Cruz Azul.
  8. NxGn 2055. Of course I've won this award before in FM, but I'm almost positive that I have never had #1 & #2 and also pretty sure I haven't had 3 players in the Top 10. We've got 8x 5.0 PA players at the club currently. 4 were on the NxGn list this year. 1 was too old to get on the list this year. Last season we had #8, #10, 20 & #41 (51c) Mackie (F.Pro) (IRL) * was #10 in 2054 and #2 in 2055. (52a) Fraher (IRL) (F.Det) * was #20 in 2054 and #22 in 2055. (53a) Brownlie (Dri) 5'11" * was #8 in 2054 and #9 in 2055 and ridiculously has 2 more years on the list. You might notice that 3 of the 8 players are currently injured, and I'm starting to worry that I am playing them too often, too early and this is taking a toll on them. We've been absolutely smashed with injuries this season.
  9. When you choose the area that a player crosses to, does that influence how players act? So if I asked for a back post cross, does the ST or far sided players attack the back post more often? Perhaps doing this can lead to more players attacking that area and thus more frequent crosses. I have also previously tried to use the player I want to cross as a winger/or other wide roles but also have a WB(a) behind him to overlap and create space for crosses but I was not sure if it worked and have not really tested it since
  10. Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα Season 26 - 2049/50 Schedule / Squad / Transfers / Finances Season Summary: And we did it again! On the final day, we were able to beat Panathinaikos but were tied on points with Olympiacos, and losing on h2h, however the 63-times greek champions conceded in the 92nd minute of their game against Asteras Tripolis , securing our 4th title in seven seasons. Greek Super League We made history by also winning the Greek Cup. For the first time in 26 seasons and only our second time reaching the final, we were able to get past Olympiacos and AEK on our way to beating PAOK on penalties in the decisive game. Next season will mark our return to the UCL after participating in the Conference League this year. We almost had a perfect run. As the team with the highest coefficient in the competition, we comfortably reached the group stage where we finished 3rd, defeating Steaua, Red Star, and Lille, only to fall to Brighton. We were just moments away from conquering our second-ever European title, but a goal in the 94th minute sent us to extra time after a 2-2 draw. The English team was then able to score twice and win their 4th title in the competition. GK: Olsi Istrefi 47a DL: Valon Hasani 44e (Super League Talent of the Year 2nd place, Super League Team of the Year, Conference League Squad of the Season) CB: Giannis Karvounidis 36c (Conference League Squad of the Season) CB: Rafail Mantalos 37e (Super League Team of the Year) DR: Marios Thraskias 43d (Super League Talent of the Year 3rd place, Super League Team of the Year, Super League Greek Player of the Year 2nd place) DM: Giorgos Tsakirellis 43l (Super League Team of the Year) DM: Giorgos Mygas 35j (Super League Team of the Year, Super League Greek Player of the Year) AML: Babis Tasiopoulos 45e (Conference League Squad of the Season) AMC: Giorgos Lyberakis 46a (NGGN 2050 3rd place, Super League Talent of the Year winner, Super League Greek Player of the Year winner, Conference League Player of the Season winner, Conference League Young Player of the Season) AMR: Giorgos Terzis 45h (Super League Team of the Year) ST: Ilias Giannikoglu 47b (NXGN 2050 2nd place, Super League 2nd top goalscorer - 20 goals, Conference AMC League 2nd top goalscorer - 12 goals, Conference League Squad of the Season) Georgios Angelopoulos Super League Manager of the Year Youth intake: A few elite talents came from our academy this year, the best being Fabián Torres 50a and Alexandros Goutsidis 50b. We had a few players coming from our partnerships outside... Our U19's won their 17th consecutive league title but weren't able to reach the Youth League final after winning the competition four consecutive times from 2044 to 2047. At the start of the season, the board had a takeover, but not much changed and no investments were made. Team history: Manager history:
  11. You're right, the options started to pop-up now. Another problem I have is, that I'm just about to start the 1st match of the season, but I'm getting the message shown in the screenshot below. I kept adding U23s in the first eleven, or the bench, all homegrown (bbb.jpg), but still no change. What am I doing wrong?
  12. It's easy. People complained that the AI wasn't developing youth players and some developer changed it so now it throws random kids into the lineups and bench without any clue at all, leaving senior players out for no reason. Simply put, the AI is as messed up as it ever has been.
  13. Today
  14. Hello, I did both steps. but the problem still persists. Past transfer information of some football players is not visible at all.
  15. Steam version of Football Manager 24. I have downloaded and successfully imported several tactics, but I have several that give me the error message in the topic line. They are all in the same folder, they are all designed for FM24 and seem to be popular, all fmf files around the same size. Help!
  16. Thanks for the reply @twocutepenguinsbut I don't actually think you're correct because I've recent managed to do it. I think it's restricted by a number of hidden factors and in my case I think the... "Financial weighting" in Scotland, (I'm not sure what the accurate term is in the game), but the suggestion is basically that a really big club in Scotland is able to spend significantly less money on infrastructure than in comparison to Scotland, so this is somehow factored into the game to make it harder. Other areas that will be of consideration are finances and/or reputation and I think these all play a part. This is our current facilities. And this shows that the Youth Facilities upgrade will be completed in 5 month. I think sometimes, because we can't see the inner workings of the game, we just assume that something is a bug simply because we don't know why it's working as it is. In this case I don't know your situation so it could well be a bug, but from my point of view I was prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt for a while and see if I could improve in areas which might make an impact, (if a bug didn't exist). In my situation at least this has worked ok and at least for now I have been able to request an upgrade. WHat I would expect is the next level to take some more improvement to "unlock". Do you mind if I ask a few questions about your save? What year you are in. What club/Nation you are managing at/in? What is you club reputation, (in stars and numerical value if you have the editor)? How successful has your club been? What are your Facilities, (words and numbers if you have the editor). How long ago were you last able to request an upgrade? What is your club bank balance?
  17. @Jimbokav1971, I may have found why you cannot increase your youth facilities, because I'm experiencing the same thing in my save. Basically, if your regular training facilities are maxed out, you can no longer upgrade your youth facilities, regardless of factors such as reputation or finances. Since you have the in-game editor, you can check by changing your training facilities from 20 to 18 or 16; at this point, when you go to the board requests screen, you should have the option to increase your youth facilities. It's a bit silly, but it's what I found. If this turns out to be the case on your save as well, you can either wait for the game to automatically downgrade your training facilities due to technological advancements (or whatever that message says) or do the same thing manually, by using the in-game editor. Then, make sure you max out your youth facilities before your training facilities. Obviously, there are other factors in play, such as your board's preference for youth development, but having maxed out training facilities seems to prevent you from being able to upgrade your youth facilities.
  18. So, I spent my off days trying to build up my job in Dublin. It was really all there was to do after taking a quick look through lists of out of contract players. Many of those players were either out of our range (which is to say, they were salaried) or out of options, in which case they were candidates to play for us. The idea was to go through the scrap heap and try to find serviceable parts. Hard to stomach when you’re talking about footballers like that, but it didn’t take me long to face the facts – we’re bottom of the heap in a lower division. So it has to be that way. Short of putting out public adverts for players, there’s really no other way to attract potential players to our club, and short of going professional, there’s nothing to stop our best players walking away for nothing if someone offers them a fee – or a salary, for that matter. The overhead is low, but so is the security. For all of us. One example of that was when I offered a contract to 36-year old Englishman Richard Liburd, a veteran full back who can play just about anywhere on the park. He has a long history in the game but had spent the last three seasons as a player-coach (well, okay, coach) at Hucknall, where he didn’t get into a game. His big claim to fame was playing 41 matches for Middlesbrough in 1993-94, the season after their relegation from the Premier League. He then commanded a transfer fee of £230,000 to go to Bradford, where he spent four seasons. After a year at Carlisie, he went to Notts County where he spent five more seasons before stops at Lincoln City, Eastwood and Hucknall. Now, he was interested in becoming a player-coach for me. And amazingly, Nakov said no. “You have enough coaches,” he said. “I have one coach,” I said. “And about forty players on two squads. And he wouldn’t make any money.” “I said you have enough coaches,” he replied. I was thunderstruck. “You are telling me that a player who makes no money at all cannot join me as a coach for no money when I make no money myself.” “Yes, that is my word.” I was too stunned to put up much of a fight, so instead, I sent a text to Liburd asking if he wouldn’t mind coming here as a player. When he gets here, I’ll quietly ask him if he wouldn’t mind helping run a training session. That is, if he doesn’t die laughing first. It was just amazing. “May I ask what is prompting this?” I asked. “You pay expenses for everyone, myself included. Why do you hold this opinion?” The darker side of the chairman now seemed to spill over the top of the conversation. “This,” he said, throwing me a copy of a newspaper. I tried to catch it and failed, the contents of the paper spilling onto the floor. I picked up the back page and saw it was the Rochdale Observer. There was a story on it that said the club, which is fourth in League Two and chasing promotion, may lose manager Keith Hill when his contract expires. The reporter said: “That is why you have enough coaches,” Nakov snapped. “This is hard enough without you looking for work elsewhere.” “It’s also not true,” I said, albeit reluctantly. Spotland seemed a palace compared to Station Road, which was pretty in its day but already starting to show signs of wear and tear despite only being built eight years ago. I heard they also paid their players and might even pay their manager. But I denied the story. “This is the first I’ve heard of it,” I insisted. “Look, I quit my job in Blackpool and moved here. Would I honestly do that if I were thinking of moving to Manchester?” “Your assignment is this club,” Nakov said, leaving me to pick up the wreckage of the newspaper. “This club. Do you understand?” “Of course I do,” I said. Nakov then left, leaving me even angrier than before. ##
  19. When clicking on some manager like Erik ten Hag and Pep Guardiola as shown in the screenshots, only his history with the current club is shown and not his entire career's history.
  20. Some rest was good, but Ryan, of course, never stopped working. All he wanted was for his team to get into some sort of rhythm. They were performing above expectations, to be certain, but this business of playing twice a week for a month and then once in ten days was playing hell both with training as well as fitness. The squad was small, yes, but they were all getting chances to play and that much was fine. But Ryan was still learning the art of how to balance a squad and the various needs of each of its players. He managed men differently than a lot of managers did – he gave them credit for being men until they gave him a reason not to. That seemed fair to everyone. That meant the players were on their best behavior until they messed up and drew Ryan’s ire. He had made it plain that if he ever called a player by his first and last name, that player was in trouble he didn’t want to be in. Which was why Dean Bouzanis had been called, by name, to the manager’s office on the Monday following the Watford match. Now the team’s third-choice keeper after the promotion of the precociously talented Coniah Boyce-Clarke to the senior squad, Bouzanis hadn’t been taking his training with a sufficient level of seriousness in recent days. He sat across the manager’s desk from Ryan, who motioned to a television screen on the wall to his left and took a remote from his desk. “Dean, watch this,” Ryan said, hitting the play button for an obviously pre-recorded sequence of video. The video was from the last few training sessions and showed, in the main, Bouzanis standing around. Or sitting, a cardinal sin in most managers’ training sessions. To be fair to the player, Ryan also included some decent work done by the Australian in training, but after a minute or so, his point had been made. “What’s up with that?” Ryan asked. “Well, I went down the pecking order a bit, and I reckon I didn’t handle that as well as I should have,” the keeper admitted. “That’s an understatement,” Ryan said, trying not to sound severe but knowing he needed to say what had to be said next. “It isn’t professional,” Ryan said, and Bouzanis looked up at him with a wounded expression. “I’ve played two hundred senior matches, gaffer,” he replied. “I think that deserves a bit of consideration.” “Which is why I’m talking with you here, behind a closed door, instead of out on the ground in front of your teammates,” Ryan said, with just enough of a knife edge in his voice to cut the skin but not cause bleeding. “That’s out of respect for you. Can I see better in training, please?” Bouzanis nodded. There was really nothing he could say, and both men knew it. It was once said of the American baseball manager Frank Robinson that he could “step on your shoes but not mess up your shine.” It was precisely this effect Ryan was trying to have on Bouzanis, who as a new arrival at the club prior to Ryan’s taking charge, should have known better than to challenge the manager in the first place. “Look, Dean,” Ryan finally said in an effort to break the silence, “anyone can make a mistake. Let’s consider this one yours and move on from it. You want to play, I’d like to have you available for selection, but I can’t pick you when you behave like that in training.” “Understood,” Bouzanis said. Showing he had learned, he waited for Ryan to end the meeting. # # #
  21. Completely agree, I think almost all back three teams are better replicated using DW's or WM's. Wingbacks just don't get into the box enough/aren't dynamic enough. The issue I've had with DW's in the past is them not tracking their man and the flanks being open to counters - any tips on having success with them?
  22. FM24.4 ME24.2 WOF 4231 A V12 TH P105 FA CC FM24.2WOFKnap 4231 A V12 TH P105 FACC.fmf
  23. Hi. I'm thinking of starting a new game with Sampdoria. Does anyone know how to get rid of the point deduction & how to increase the non-EU player quota in the pre-game editor? Cheers
  24. @Jamieac All current tests are with AZURE V3, which is more aggressive than MC 40 and should score more.
  25. Considering they spent more than 500M in transfers to find themselves conceding 5 against Arsenal, I think there's something off with real life squad building as well.
  1. Load more activity