All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Ha! Thanks for this! It's her* though, a rare enough beast in FM, although hopefully getting better with the next release. I think all the ideas about stories and motivations are right. What I didn't say about DeeBoi's stream is that there's just something cool about visiting nice cities all around the med. Maybe manage in towns or cities you've been to, or want to go to? Go on a tour of the Baltics. Spend your time in the sun somewhere? Go between teams that have the same sponsors? Try to win all the top level cups in South America? Or in Britain and Ireland?
  4. Get with the times George Graham was at Arsenal in the early to mid 90's which is 30 years ago now. There have been so many changes in modern football tactics wise, fitness wise, quality wise (IMO the direction of travel is arguably for the worse) and fairly importantly the amount of substitutes allowed. Hell even the Italians have largely abandoned cattenacio and Serie A is one the highest scoring leagues in Europe. The Prem this season is averaging 3.24 goals per season which is about 1 goal per game more than the mid-90's. I don't think FM would be far off this season overall.
  5. February in Review Schedule What a great month coming down to clutch time. We had really been sinking rather quickly and even though I thought we were probably going to stay safe, this month really helped that by pushing further away from the drop zone. Table Only 7 matches remain and we can consider ourselves safe. In fact there is really still an outside chance that we could continue to push ourselves up to a playoff spot. If you ask me privately I'm going to say that would not be the best for us this season, we need another year of growth before we go up but publicly of course I'm all for it. Let's do it! NL Player Stats NL Team Stats Our possession has been good all season long. I'd like that to continue. Gulls Attacking Data Gulls Defending Data Financials
  6. This doesn't answer the question about secondary coaches for a category.
  7. Let's be honest, this FM is characterised by 3 things: - double DMs on a support role. - pressing high - goals from central players (ST and AMC). Other approaches are possible, but these 3 things are objectively stronger than their alternatives in FM24. By playing a 4-3-3 (always my preferred system) rather than a 4231, you're playing directly against the meta. You won't be able to: - get enough extra goals from the inside forwards to justify not using an AMC. (They're simply not coded to cut in diagonally enough without the ball, and won't latch on to many diagonal through balls in behind); - get as much from the 433 as a high pressing system compared to the 4231; - and finally you'll forgo the double DMs on support duty which dominate in FM24. Overall you're choosing to run against the wind by trying it. It's possible to succeed with it but ultimately you're fighting against what works well in this.
  8. Congrats @Perre8 and @dkouv Both really interesting saves!
  9. Erkki Karpela's Management Career - Season Review - 2025 - Nõmme Kalju FC U21 Esiliiga Results (Mar-May) - Results (Jun-Aug) - Results (Sep-Nov) Competition Performance: Winners Well, I certainly didn't see this one coming! I was expecting a mid-table, maybe top half finish and honestly, if it hadn't been for an incredible run of nine wins in a row between June and August, we would have probably got exactly that, based on our form in the first and final third of the season. You have to take the opportunities that you get though, and we did just that. Winning any league while averaging less than two points per game doesn't happen very often! Estonian Cup Competition Performance: Quarter Final We fell just, just short of repeating our last season's run in the cup as well. On any given day we probably beat Saku Sporting seven or eight times out of ten. Bad luck. Squad (1) - Squad (2) The squad seems to be getting thinner and thinner with each passing season, especially in defence, where we have exactly four players for the four spots in our formation. On the other hand, the general quality of players seemed to have evened out at a decent level. Hopefully that means at least some of them will continue developing and make it to the first team. Player of the Season 1st - Stanislav Agaptšev - probably the biggest surprise of the season. He seems to have fallen from grace in the first team, which meant he spent a full uninterrupted year with us for the first time. It seems to have worked wonders to him, as his ball striking ability allowed him to net 14 goals in the league while playing in midfield. Some of those goals were absolute bangers as well! 2nd - Jürgen Saar - another good season from our young striker. This time he fell slightly short of the 20-goal mark in the league, but still managed to become our top goalscorer and generally was a reliable, fairly consistent player up front. Hopefully his personality doesn't hold back his development too much. 3rd - Sten Tragon - if you ask me how we were able to pull off a league win straight after promotion, I'll say that the numbers produced by our central midfield duo were a vital contribution to this. Tragon may not be rated too highly by the club coaches, but 7 goals and 11 assists in the league are certainly not to be scoffed at. His performances did tail off towards the end though, and he also infamously picked up a straight red card in the final minutes of the season against TJK Legion. Next Season In all honesty, I feel like I've achieved everything I could with this team, as proven by two league wins and two fantastic runs in the cup. My contract runs out at the end of January and I'm not going to renew it. As of now, the first team's manager also hasn't signed a new deal, which gives me a glimmer of hope that he may resign and I could be in the running there. Whatever happens, I should be getting my Pro licence any time now and it's time to look for a job in the top tier.
  10. I don't think you're too far off! Should be ticking over in no time
  11. I'm in the 2.Bundesliga right now with 1860 Munchen and my schedule at the end of last season looked very similar to that...... It's an arm wrestle, I get decent players they get taken from me.....it's the most I've enjoyed a save in a long time.
  12. Im having a little problem with editing Icelandic rules. For some reason the rules are incorrect in the default database. Rules that require teams to have 8 hg/team players in their squad and number restriction that are only editable by converting to advanced rules. So i want to start in the season that is starting this april irl but when i start a new game with my edited rules the teams for this season is last seasons teams. That does not happen when i start with the default database. Is there anyone know what might cause this?
  13. We're the first U21 side to win the Esiliiga since Flora's victory in 2015. This is also the first ever win for Kalju U21, the team's previous best ever finish at this level was 4th. Oh, and winning the third and second tier seems to be enough for me to enter the Estonian Hall of Fame.
  14. Erkki Karpela's Management Career - November 2025 - Nõmme Kalju FC U21 Esiliiga Losing to Maardu wasn't exactly a glorious moment in itself, but Welco losing their game as well at the same time meant we were crowned champions with a game to spare!
  15. S11 - November 2033 Ekstraklasa Not a bad month, considering we lost where we were expected to lose and we won where we could try and salvage something. The situation in the table is not great, we trail 5 points from safety however we have 1 game in hand Polish FA Cup Widzew were way better then us, we played the second team on this one and got somewhat punished for it.
  16. Apr 2051. Scottish Premiership. 2 points from a possible 12 this month is awful, and I think is simply a result of us crashing out of Europe and the accompanying morale hit. UEFA Europa Conference League. What a way to go out. I felt exhausted after watching this game. They scored 2 goals in the last 10 mins, (the 2nd in the 5th min of injury time to force Extra Time), but then led in ET before we took it to pens. Debuts. Records. U21's. A 2nd trophy of the season for our U21's. U18's. Goal-scoring GK's. (23) Brass (Bal) 6'2" is 5/8 from the spot at 63%. (Is no longer at the club). (23) Ewing (Bal) 6'1" is 17/20 from the spot at 85%. (Is no longer at the club). (25c) Christie (F.Sport) 6'1" is 46/52 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (26p) Marsh (CAN)(SCO) 5'10" is 15/17 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (30a) Ogilvie (Fickle) 6'2" * is 47/64 from the spot at 73%. (Is no longer at the club). (31k) Lawrie (Unamb) * is 23/29 from the spot at 79%. (Is no longer at the club). (33a) Black (Fickle) 6'0" * is 2/3 from the spot at 67%. (Is no longer at the club). (37b) Niven (F.Loyal) 6'4" * is 24/41 from the spot at 59%. (Is no longer at the club). (39c) Telfer (F.Pro) 6'2" * is 29/44 from the spot at 66%.(Is no longer at the club). (40e) Qurbonov (UZB) (Res) * is 0/2 from the spot at 0%. (Is no longer at the club). (43n) Welsh (F.Pro) 6'4" * is 28/33 from the spot at 85%. (41h) Cairney (Unamb) 6'2" * is 6/10 from the spot at 60%. FInances.
  17. Thanks for this! But it does seem that some of the logos don't load in K5 and almost all of the logos don't load in K6 and K7. I may be wrong but I believe the IDs do not match.
  18. Season 17: TSV 1860 München, Bundesliga 2 Youth Intake Gabriel Kothny is this year's sole exception to the "abandon all kit ye of Low Determination" because I guess we can add 'Goalkeepers' to the list of positions I'm struggling to find good options for. Honestly, he doesn't look great, but needs must, innit? Joel Krawczyk as presented for your viewing disdain looks a bit lame, but add +1 across the board and he looks pretty good. Add +2 to everything associated with being a Wing-Back and... well, he's still not making the German national team, but I wouldn't feel bad picking him in the Bundesliga. It's hard to get too excited about these two bozos. Partly because they both look kinda crap, but also because AMCs make up about half of my scouting reports, and the ones my scouts tell me about look better than these two. I'm actually going to train Tremmel as a Box-to-Box Midfielder, because he has reasonable tackling and he at least looks like he could break a Ryvita in half. Caidi, meanwhile, will train as an AMC on Attack until someone comes in and offers him a packet of Takis Fuegos and half a can of Diet Cola to play for them. The rest of the intake is fairly forgettable, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or two players end up better than expected. I did manage to persuade the board to upgrade Youth Recruitment, and I hired a new HOYD - the new guy's a Perfectionist, so we'll see if that brings any benefit. Also:
  19. Yesterday
  20. Friday 1st February 2030 Pre-Season Friendlies -- We've arranged four more pre-season friendlies to see us through until the first leg of the UEFA Europa League Round of 16 match and the start of Eliteserien. Before that though, we've given the players a week off.
  21. thanks buddy. i will try false 9 with gavi and fermin so there is nothing to change for this position. Cm-A is the best option
  1. Load more activity