Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This is something I've noticed in the last few iterations of Football Manager, and it's strange and pretty annoying. When viewing the Focus of Attacks widget during the match, it clearly shows one side at either end of the pitch. Logic would tell you that when you're the away side, you would be at the right side of the graphic and therefore, the arrow, which points down the opposite end of the field, would indicate what side your team is focussing on on the basis of the arrow -- i.e. when you the away side, the bottom arrow pointing towards the opposite end of the field would indicate attacking down the left-hand side. But when you check it post-game in the post-match analysis, bizarrely, your attacks down the left have actually been down the right, and vice-versa. I can't be the only person that finds this misleading and, of course, when you know about then "error" (?) you can read it properly by just taking it as the opposite of what it appears to indicate. However, it must be misleading for any player who hasn't twigged. I can't figure out if it's deliberate or not because surely the developers would have picked up on this after several versions of the game and rectified it by now, so can anybody explain why it is the way it is in the match engine widget? This is what the in-match widget indicates. However, post-match, it turns out those attacks have actually been down the right hand side.
  3. This is getting slightly silly... 3rd season in the Championship, after making it to the Playoff finals in both the previous seasons, and people are still talking about us as being relegation candidates. Worse is that we're in 8th, and Rotherham are in 16th! There needs to be an option in press interviews along the lines of "What the [heck] are you even talking about?" for when we get asked daft questions like this. Or just not have the daft questions in the first place... I get that there's a "maybe he should look closer to home" response but that still implies we're in consideration for relegation. (FWIW our pre-season prediction was 17th)
  4. It's admittedly tricky as for City the CBs oft are still availble to pass to (and generally are the deepest guys still available). Whereas on FM CBs, they oft to have hang all the way back or else they would put the Opposition Forward/s onside. That also means they aren't systematically available much anymore once Play has transitioned into the final third. Play has moved too far ahead of them.
  5. I set Martial as a CF on Attack. Scored 25 in 43. 22 in 37 in the league. I'm training Greenwood and Martial to round the keeper, in the hope it circumvents the issues somewhat.
  6. !!!!!FM19.3.4BEOWULF442KnapP106ALLCUPS.fmf 45.23 kB · 41 downloads Planning to update this one for FM20 Knap? This was the beast for me last year
  7. Only in October of the first season, but undefeated in the league so far. Struggling for goals at the moment which is frustrating. 3-1 win vs Leicester at home, 1-0 win at Arsenal, 0-0 draw at Burnley, 1-0 win at home to Liverpool and 2-1 win at Everton. 6 points from first two Europa League games though. Lindelof, van de Beek and Rashford all out with long terms injures. Martial not really doing much as DLF(A), Greenwood missing plenty of good chances and one on ones. Bruno Fernandes doing ok as Mezzala(S).
  8. July 2029 A mixed month but we're still clinging on to the top spot but only 4 points ahead of 5th place.
  9. Normally been able to bypass this by telling the board you're not going to play them. Happened to me with Jones and Smalling.
  10. In some of the matches the kit disappears in the match engine. The only visible on the player is his head and legs, the rest of the body changes to grass-colour. This happens to 3-4 players in every other match.
  11. Was wondering how to spot the future stars? My main focus is on 17.18.19 year olds at the top level? What stats would be seen as this guy is the future? Is it a 13 and above in relevant stats or does it need to be higher? Basically what stats are needed for youngsters to be the next big thing?
  12. You need to keep in mind that a new player needs some time to get into the team. New players usually perform worse in the first few matches, so you need to give them some time. If your new player performs badly the whole season long, there must be something wrong with the way you're using him in your tactic, or maybe his personality or mental attributes are not good enough. It's really hard to tell without knowing more details.
  13. You sign good youth players to use them later in your team or eventually making money by selling them when they become decent players, nothing else. I would not invest big money, except if they have really good potential.
  14. I was excited to do one but had some other saves lined up. Would it work if I set one up saved it and stored it for a later time. \still think it would have been a unique challenge.
  15. What a game!! Outstanding performance from Utd in first half and City in second. City always looking for those little through balls even from inside penalty area, crazy.
  16. Very good post and shares my sentiments about FM20. I've played at least last 15 FM versions and apart from one or two bad first release versions this is the worst and made me uninstall the game despite winning PL with Liverpool.
  17. Switched to commentary only, bored of seeing the long ball over the top failures over and over, it;s been like this since FM19, IRL long balls over the top against good centre backs shouldn't work unless the ball is brilliant or there is a mistake but they work in game because the defenders react to a ball in the air far later than the attackers and it just looks stupid. No defender IRL would see some hit a long ball and continue walking forward, whilst letting the guy who he is marking run in behind, it's just dumb to watch. Pretty much every team does it, regardless of how they play, hoof balls from defenders acting like wonder balls because defenders act like brainless idiots , that or they are literally blind.
  18. good Sigames, when are you going to have this problem? it's very unpleasant to play right now. Your solution does not solve anything! I am about to reinstall the 19 because the 20 is for me in the state unplayable! React quickly because it's been a week since you go back the info and nothing changes
  19. Squad comparison Being promoted as champions is always a worry for me - firstly, because we were too good for the league below and I know that this won't happen again and secondly because I always feel guilty not trusting in the players who have got me into this league. I know that the step up to this league is going to be tough - there are some really good teams in it; Granada, Tenerife and Malaga have been relegated from La Liga and there is always a concern when you are facing the B sides of Valencia and Real Madrid as you never quite know who is going to turn out for them. Below is the comparison between our attributes and those of the rest of the league: ---- We have our brand of football and, as I've already alluded to in this thread, I am very much a style over substance kind of manager. We play, hopefully, a nice technical game with short passing that relies on good technique. We are nowhere near the level of some of the teams in this league but, when you look at the attributes that are the best - they are technique, passing, vision, flair and determination - pretty much exactly what I want us to be good at. We can never play a long ball game - as we are simply not physical enough and I would expect us to fair poorly in games against tough tackling and aggressive sides as we lack the bravery and aggression to match them. I am looking to set out a plan for teams that I would like us to beat and teams that I want us to remain competitive against - and see if I can almost predict this season ahead.
  20. Just wondering, Is there any real reason to have good u23 & u18 teams? Obviously, they're good for storing your younger players to get playing time. But, is it actually worth signing players and making sure that youth team will do well in their league? Is there any benefit from them winning things?
  21. Planning to update this one for FM20 Knap? This was the beast for me last year
  22. Hey guys, Just a quick heads up, that we have published a beginner's guide for FM 2020 Mobile. If you are absolutely new to the FM series, then you may find the information in this guide useful. https://www.levelwinner.com/football-manager-2020-mobile-beginners-guide-tips-cheats-strategies/ Best regards, LW
  23. If you use a F9 you ideally want someone who'll run into that space he's vacating. A TQ may do that, but that isn't really what the role is designed for. And both your flank players have a support duty. If you want to stick with a 4231 formation, perhaps the F9 / F10 (Shadow Striker) combination. And/or perhaps a Raumdeuter / IF(A). Of course it depends on the players you have available as well. Previously when I've used an F9 in the 4123DM formation I had an aggressive runner from midfield and an attacking flank player. Whatever formation you use, you need someone attacking the space which the F9 is creating.
  24. Plus the opposition basically camping in their own area. Rashford was basically a supporting left back.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?