Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I copied your GT-America-Standard-xxx files to my font folder. Let's see if this works.
  3. I'm not able to check it atm, but I suppose that there is no such XML file. It's rather globally font-related in Teal Twenty, GT-America-Standard-Regular and GT-America-Standard-Bold are possibly same file in fact.
  4. I've been following this thread and had a bit of a revelation today. My thought process went as follows: Enganche is a really static role that needs movement all around. If this is the case two players in front is a better option than just one The role was pretty much how Riquelme operated. He didn't like to get out of first gear when running but could pull the strings by finding the correct space to be in. Because of the movement around him and the space to play a pass he rarely missed a player It isn't so much about the AMC role but more about the roles around him In the 4-2-3-1 posted above I just see not enough players in front of the AMC to make an enganche dangerous and not enough movement around him to do the same. An enganche doesn't drop deep, doesn't make runs, doesn't really do anything special other than be a really good playmaker (my opinion so very much could be wrong). With all the above being my beliefs on the role I felt a narrow tactic like a 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-3-1-2 would be the most suitable system to employ. I then googled tactics Riquelme played in and while there wasn't a lot of info (more like, not a lot of info I could be bothered reading) I did find that he was used in a 4-3-1-2 at Villarreal and that someone had actually set a tactic up to replicate it. I am currently playing as Western United in the A-League so I thought I had the perfect player to play the role in Alessandro Diamanti. Knowing that trying to press heavily will be let down by one player I figured that by having the 'movers' in midfield doing the hard pressing and to leave the forward three to be in the right space would be best. This means no counter press (as the AMC won't do it anyway). Counter attack is fine. Tighter marking, hard pressing and anything else that asks the whole team to do something defensive as a team is a bit pointless so I asked the two MC's to tackle hard and press hard in an effort to still win the ball back but not rely on the AMC to do much defensively. As the AMC won't be offering anything in defence I see it as pointless asking the strikers to do anything defensively as if they did it can create holes where the AMC is doing not a lot. This rules out a pressing forward for me (I don't want him to be pressing opposition and moving away from the tactical shape). As I want lots of movement I have wingbacks offering width (pointless having IWB's when I have so many players centrally already). I have also gone for a Halfback so when the WB's go forward it still leaves three at the back. As for team instructions I want to create space for the enganche to play in so have asked the team to play extremely wide. I asked for early crosses to try and get the ball to him. Shorter passing due to conversation earlier in this tread (a really poor reason to go for it). Regroupe due to what I said before, counter to try and catch the opposition out of position and lower line of engagement due to my really slow defenders. Half time stats ended like this: I switched Jertec with Pasquali at half time due to his poor rating. I should have dragged him but ended up subbing him at 74 minutes. Armanakas (his replacement) scored the first goal as the mezzala and the F9 scored the second. What I did notice was that Perth Glory set one of their DM's to man-mark Diamanti after half time. This lead to two immediate consequences 1. Diamanti finished with only a 6.7 rating but 2. it also opened up their two DM formation to be exploited by the right-sided players (F9, Mezzala). End match stats: Bit weird to see red after a really good win but I have a feeling my poor analyst's may be to blame. anyway... See the enganche's average position is more or less in line with the CM's. This is due to his lack of movement and the movement of the CM's forward (CM-A and MEZ-S). So, this is only one game but it did give me enough to think moving forward this is a tactic (and role) worth persisting with. I had been playing @yellowforever 4-1-3-2 tactic so this is a natural evolution for my team. I still feel it's important to have the right roles around an enganche as well as the right shape. He will suffer more than a lot of other roles by being crowded so pick the formation carefully.
  5. Thanks, though so sad Anyway, for anybody else running into this, I switched the setting to "Wednesdays and Saturdays matchdays" and simulated until the end of the season and it looks like: - there is a second batch of fixture generation (as in real life) after the Champions League draw and all the matches (including CL/EL) have subsequently been drawn on Wed-Sat schedule - cups (FA, Carabao) matches seem to be generated very close to the round in question so no real damage here - next season's fixtures are fully Wed-Sat Just a reminder that we play in England (Premier League). It might be different elsewhere.
  6. It's been reported and will be fixed in a future database update https://community.sigames.com/topic/495395-belgium-data-issues/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-12153630
  7. This is something for the bugs forum, if you have a save after sacking the AM, please start a thread in the bugs forum and load your save into the SI cloud server.
  8. AH Sorry its not mine, its one of my friend's match, i'll try to get it
  9. Crossing too much depends on dribbling be it wingers or fullbacks. Irl wide players dribble far less than in fm, especially fullbacks. Dribbling is OP currently. Irl far more crossing comes after ball is played into space, pay attention to this when you watch real football game. But these dont happen in fm.
  10. No, all four versions of the skin are here. No, I don't play Touch version of the game.
  11. Great skin. Small question though. In your skin you don't have a bold font when you have selected a specific Inbox item (in the list on the left). I also want this for my own skin, but I can't seem to find the right XML file. Do you know which files handles this? Example: Bold in my own skin Normal in your skin (this is what I want)
  12. I mentioned previously these stats are inaccurate for me too. Claims I've scored way more than I did over 5 matches and the AI scored 5 goals and they'd not actually scored at all...
  13. @Totalfootballfan V4 is again with Inverted Wingers I see? (probably the change log is not correct for V4?) And if I'm really having difficulty to find the correct strong footed players, can I change IW to W without to much impact? or does it break the whole tactic? and another question, is holidaying in FMT with "Use current match tactics" different than just watching the game? Because I always tend to get slightly worse results when I'm holidaying a full season in FMT comparing to the screenshots the tactic creator and others show (like 100pts + with Liverpool has never happend to me in a holiday season on FMT). I make sure I am in control of the Opp. Instr. so that doesn't influence anything
  14. So I was looking to replace my assistant manager on my leicester save and a message came up saying board won't allow me to sign another AM unless I sack my current one so I did. But then the board blocked the new one coming in and now in the staff section it says 0/0 for assistant manager. No option to increase this at all. Anyone know how to allow me to get assistant back? May have to quit and start with a new person again as its annoying not having one.
  15. Hi, I'm trying to create a cup, but I don't succeed... can someone take the file and modify it, or explain me what's wrong ? When I go in game it says "The cup will begin in march 2019", but we are after What's I'm trying to create (Tordesillas Cup) : Step 1 : 48 teams (Spain 10, Brazil and Argentina 9, Portugal 6, Mexico 3, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia 2, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Bolivia 1). 8 groups of 6, the first 2 go to the next step. Step 2 : 16 teams, classical round of 16 Step 3 : 8 teams, classical quarter-finales Step 4 : Championship between the last 4. Here is the file. Please, I really would like to play, thanks you in advance for any help ! ESSAI TORDESILLAS CUP.fmf
  16. These goals all look same. Run from deep and nobody reacting at all. Not impossible but looks cheap. This would be huge decocentration of whole defensive unit. Usually it takes a little more to put man 1-1 with keeper.
  17. me either. its makes me anger when i scroll in the game.
  18. Today
  19. I finished my first season with Werder Bremen (Germany, 1st division) and noticed two problems with loan options: Leonardo Bittencourt is loaned with option "avoiding relegation", but I can't make a transfer offer (cannot make offer at this time). I understand this clause to be an obligation to buy this player when the team avoids relegation (finished 11th) but he goes back to Hoffenheim on July 1st. Martin Harnik is loaned to Hamburg (Germany, 2nd division) with option "promotion from 2nd division), but we don't get an offer for him. I understand this clause to be an obligation to buy this player when the team secures promotion (finished 1st) but he comes back to our team on July 1st.
  20. I also find crossing to be vastly improved compared to FM19, where sometimes i didn´t even bother to finish watching the highlight when i knew my winger/overlapping full back was going to cross into the nearest defender anyway. Of course it still happens, but that´s football, and in happens IRL as well. In FM20 i see way more successful crosses or even some beautiful low passes back from the byline to onrushing midfielders just entering the penalty area . Keep in mind that with regard to pressure from defenders, the 3D representation might be misleading here. It might look as if there was no pressure when your striker went for a header, when indeed there was.
  21. So, to confirm that you are going to sell your best player because the ME representation of his skin tone is wrong?
  22. Same issue with defending as the example Tiger666 posted above - The #4 CM isn't paying attention to his surroundings and is slightly out of position leaving a channel for your AMC to run through, and the #44 CB only reacts to the AMC's run when he's already sprinted past him.
  23. In response to a strong start or any strong run of form for a longer period of time, the opposition AI will start to approach matches against you in a different way, i.e. sit deeper, offer less space, etc. Watch how the matches unfold and tweak your tactics accordingly, then you should be fine. I think it´s fairly sensible for the AI to approach "on fire" teams differently. This is a very important thing to keep in mind, not just regarding slumps, and one that is probably overlooked all too often. Especially depending on your preferred style of play (i.e. high pressing, physically intense), determination and work rate can be so hugely important.
  24. Looking it up in the editor, it seems his CA = his PA and he has no room to improve.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?