Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the first season top of the league, as you can see here.

And the FA Trophy.

But we got knocked out in the FA Cup and

What I want to know is whether my squad is good enough for League Two.

And here are my transfers from the first season...

The players...

Amadou Sanokho

Angelo Balanta - - 3 Month Loan at the start of the season.

Cristian Fernandez

David Faderne (Fans Player Of The Season.

Derek Fleming

Dries Boussatta

Emil Salmonsson

Magnus Svensson

Mehdi Makhloufi

Paul Keegan

Sefyo Soley

Sherjill Macdonald - he was sent by parent club West Brom.

Then a player who I think is the only one good enough to last me to the Prem (If I can increase his physical stats...

Japa...Japa.jpg [/img]

I think that is everything icon_wink.gif

PP

looks pretty decent mate, will need to improve his mental stats too if hes going to become one of the greats! but looks good so far. well done on your season and good luck in league 2! try to get Ganea, Sburlea, Ionescu, Erik Grendel, Musasa, Scribe are all good players then loans loans loans!

Just beaten Burnley 2-1 goals from McKenna and Soley! so into 4th round now!

Away at Everton!!!

Also got 2 more Regens coming to me in Jan along with Popov icon_biggrin.gif

this guy has 192PA and already 126CA so will be great already!

rodrigolm4.th.jpg

and then this guy who has 185PA and 105CA looks alright competition for Ganea!

trentiw9.th.jpg

let me know what you guys think

Okay guys, here's the team that is hopefully about to propel me to my second successive promotion out of League 2:

GK: Chris Weale (Free from Bristol City)

DR: Jordan Collins (Loan for Season from Aston Villa)

DL: Nathan Ashton (Loan for Season from Fulham)

DC: Stephen Roberts (Free from Doncaster)

DC: Jack Hobbs (Loan for Season from Liverpool. Excited about this one, I know from experience at much bigger clubs that he has potential to be a superstar. 15 Tackling, 17 Marking, 17 Heading.)

MR: Laurentiu Marin (Free from Rapid Bucharest. Really promising Romanian regen, 13s and 14s in all the right places and a few extras, plus he has a PA of 156.

ML: Jeff Smith (£35k from Carlisle. 16 Crossing and Dribbling! Perhaps more of a short term signing at 28, but he's sure to be quality in the meantime.)

MC: Jean-Paul Kalala (Free from Oldham. Solid defensive midfielder. Should do a job for me.)

MC: Jack Collison (Loan for Season from West Ham. Very promising looking creative force. Has some lovely stats on him.

FC: Ben Burgess (Free from Blackpool. Looks like a brilliant target man, can't wait to see what he'll do to defences in this league.)

FC: Craig Mackail-Smith (A bit of a question mark lies here. Needed a pacy striker as the rest of the team was done, had about 8k left over Wage Budget and no transfer budget left obviously, so I adjusted it to 250k to splash out on this fella, as the ass man reckoned he was a realistic target. Clearly was as the club accepted and he wanted 3k a week, but after letting me give 2.3k to players all pre-season they decided to be utter cheap skates despite me still having more than enough wage budget and only offer up to 1.6k. I offered LOADS of bonuses though and he's unhappy on the bench, so fingers crossed he'll come because he's not come back with an answer going into the first game!)

I sold quite a lot of last season's stars, soley because I needed the money, there were better available and now was a time that lots of clubs would be interested in them. 4 of my former former 6 midfielders/attackers are now gone, only Ben Hunter and Magnus Svensson remain, but they'll be fringe players. (I sold Kevin Gall, Bas Savage, Adam Nowland and Albert Jarrett for a combined £100kish.)

Off I go to my first game, a nice and easy (I hope!) home game against Dag & Red. Wish me luck, up the Cards!

great signings dexta icon_wink.gif i just signed gilberto from internacional on a free, looks like a bit of alright, just wondering mate are you using matt's tactic as i fancy a change from the excellent one that briz created

PP, great season mate. Faderne sounds great, nice find. icon14.gif

Def get a new GK, Scribe would be great and cheap. If Svensson's stats are still okay then you wouldn't need a new RB but he is old so his stats may go down quite rapidly. If so look for loans and maybe get San Roman and wait for him to get a wp. DCs and DL should be fine, tho for more options at DC Cordos and David Yepes would do a great job. Boussata seems good and Salomonsson is great so MR is dandy. Get a new ML tho, a loan would be great. Danny Rose is a good player, but Bernardo from Cruziero and Andrei Ionescu is better so get him instead. Japa looks good, I think mentally he'll have to improve, like his concentration and decisions but he his good technically so he should be fine in League 2. Faderne could work in League 2 but Ganea, Sburlea, Vokes et al would be better imo. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

Tom, Rodrigo looks like a great full back, fast and he's very good defensively as well, slightly weak in the air but in League 2 that shouldn't matter too much. Haha, a German 19 year-old playing in Australia: clssic! He seems to have good stats for a pacy striker, concentraion and decisions a bit low but that will improve. He's good no doubt but not quite up to Ganea's level just yet. icon_wink.gif

Mike, team looks good. Jeff Smith is a former Bolton academy graduate so he must be rubbish! icon_wink.gif He came through with Jonathon Walters who's doing quite well for Ipswich irl atm so who knows. Stats seem good anyway. Your front 2 should do well in League 2, and loans are excellent, especially Hobbs who should be a rock in defence. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

jess, I'll send you that tactic mate so you can give it a go doubt it will be as good as Briz's tho. icon_frown.gif

As for the signings they should be great. Didn't fancy Salomonsson this time then? Personally, I wouldn't have sold Rose but it's your call. Welcome back btw. icon_smile.gif

ypresfr

cheers mate, couldnt resist another crack at it! salamonsson chose another club but i can get him in december for free, james daynton is coming from crystal palace for 17k, im looking to get another striker though tbh, il probably have aout 8k

also, this is the first time ive signed ben hunter, is he a goal getter?

def Arsenal mate, but I don't think you should post in here when it's to do with Ipswich. Good luck anyway

I've got 2 games playing at the same time won on my laptop one my dads comp Ocford on my Laptop Ipswichon my dads comp

From experience, Ben Hunter is a good striker yes, but not what you would call amazing. He's solid, he'll get you 25 goals a season, and he probably won't be injured or suspended throughout, it's just the goal droughts you worry about. For me, he didn't score in 16 games, then subsequently hit 14 in his next 6. If you can get him to be consistent, I'm sure he's awesome but as far as I can tell that there are strikers on fm who could get more goals, but by real life standards: great.

alright, thanks mate. well im alright for strikers first season, ebanks blake, charlie sheringham and dong fongzhu wateva his name is lol hope to do better this time round, only got promoted in my last oxford game through the play offs!

jess im using my own tactic for once lol and its worked wonders so far! if you want it i can post it mate. an welcome back to where you belong icon_smile.gifwhat happened to Cisco Roma?

i warn you though about my tactic it has not worked with mk dons the only other team i tried it with. but oxford 126 ponts in BSP im not complainingicon_biggrin.gif and so far 11 out of 11 winsin League 2 wih it! and beat 3 Championship sides in League cup. so all good for me lol

Matt i know! im not complaining though they should all do a pretty good job when they come in january!

Btw i recommend Kieran McKenna on a free end of 1st season from Spurs, hopefully he wont sign a new contract with them and you can get them if lucky, Leigh Mills and Maghoma are also available on frees too.

Good shouts Tom but you may have to have some luck with Maghoma cos he didn't want to come to me 2nd season.

Just played the 3rd (wow I'm so fast icon_rolleyes.gif) game of he season against Derby, one time Premiership champions and smashed them 4-0 (Sakho, Wellington, Zapater, Ganea wonderstrike).

BTW can anyone guess why I'm in such a good mood today, especially after around 19:00! icon_biggrin.gif

erm because your safe! nice wwon i want reading and fulham to go down really!

im annoyed united wonicon_frown.gif

anyway im not a fan of Maghoma so i didnt go for him and Mills signed a new contract. but McKenna has been wicked and a great replacement for Anaclet at Right back and great DM/MC aswell!

just beaten Hereford 2-1 away in JPT 2nd Round Ganea got both of them and beat Accrington 3-1 Ganea and 2 from Soley the Goal Machine!

in 16 games ive scored 45an conceded 12 so Bakari isnt doing badly at all!!

great win against Derby though mate! i hope Ganea becomes half as good as yours!

he has 12 in 13 so far this season and recent form hasbeen 8-8-8-8 so i think hes starting to settle in! his mental and physical stat look like they have come on a fair bit too already.

icon_smile.gif

Pah, beaten. Just looked at the table and you're safe! Hopefully Fulham will stay up and send the Brum down! Reading would be good to go down for me because that means I can go see them play Cov next season at the Madejski as I don't live a million miles away! That's provided we stay up of course!

Also guys, where do we reckon Emil Salomonsson and Robin Nylen are best played? I'm essentially building my team around them as Hollvikens in the Swedish Second Devision South. (The standard is generally about as good as the Conference North/South!)

I was thinking of employing a 4-2-3-1 formation like the one Man Utd use ingame, with Salomonsson on the right side of the three AMs and Nylen on the left, even though he's not left footed he has great dribbling skills. Mainly directed at Tom as I believe he's had both in his current team(?)

Woking game; shaky start to League 2, really shaky. 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. We're conceding silly goals, I'm trying to sort out my tactics and see what the problem is. The Mackail-Smith move fell through, Ebanks-Blake won't even come on loan for a month so I'm exploring other loan possibilities!

i play them both in the CM position with a farrow into the penalty box. they seem to do well. thats because i have Sburlea on the right wing so salomonsson lost his place there.

i feel Nylen seems to perform in this position better than Salomonsson as i think he is better in AMR position also i sometimes play nylen in a CM with a barrow to the DM place and he plays well too because i have player instructions on attacking there.

Haha 10 points out of 12 means we can let Chelsea win last game of the season, we'll go easy on you Tom! icon_wink.gif

Nice going btw, Ganea got 64 goals in all comps first season, so there's another record top aim for. icon_razz.gif

Mike, personally I hope Reading go down cos I tipped them at the start of the season but they have Derby last game of the season so I can't see it. Imo, Salomonsson's best position is AMR, not sure about Nylen cos I've never had him.

seasons going slow for me but i am still playing as Oxford

Just an update of my progress so far

Just been knocked out of the FA Cup 4th round, after beating Forest Green, Luton, Hereford and Bournemouth, i finally lost away to Everton

facupfinalwo4.jpg

Also i am top of the league by 5 points with a game in hand, mainly thanks to Ebanks and Hoskins goals

I will post transfers and league table at the end of the season

Havent had time to play due to bloody work but I managed to win League 1 and got promotion to the Championship. My chairman decieded to sell Douglas for £3.3 million to Leyton Orient who are in the Premiership. Won,t get tim to play for a few days due to work and goin out on the town but when I get chance Il post some screenies.

orient in prem before you icon_eek.gif oh well 3.3m extra to spend in championship aint bad.

unluky against everton Recky.

Welcome thegr8anand nice signings! you should look at Emil Salomonsson, Robin Nylen, Charles Devineau, Seyfo Soley, Esmir Sabic and jody morris?

dexta

nice one on that tactic mate lol cisco roma is still going but oxford was still in my mind, mainly because i wanted the large database this time, diddnt feel right with the medium lol sounds like your doing amazing, keep it up!

I am using weegie update but i find it really hard to sign some of those players like sabic, soley, slommonson. they donot want to join oxford, i dont know why. but my signings have been great. the players on loan are pretty good shane lowry, a mcgurk, d. fangzhou from man utd. he is scoring goals all the time. but my best signing was xavier balc as he was on free transfer, very good stats. sad though he got injured for 4 months in september.

by the way i saw some of you guys selling players at good prices whereas i had to put them for half price to sell mine.

thegr8anand, nice signings mate, some ones we've never had before so should be interesting how they do. Personally I wouldn't have sold Danny Rose for so little but it's your call. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Recky, unlucky against Everton and Exeter mate but keep up the league form. icon14.gif

Conbob, haha Orient in the Prem: classic! Make sure you make good use of the extra cash mate, good luck. icon_smile.gif

Tom, which midfield position do you play your more attacking player mate cos the one with an arrow to DM has very attacking mentality and the one with an arrow to ST has a relatively defensive mentality so which one is which lol! Cheers. icon_smile.gif

Sorry thegr8anand, just seen your other post. I didn't sell in the first season (a mistake) and I haven't sold Ledgister at all lol, he's still hanging around in my reserves and I'm gonna give him a game in the Champions League this season! But everyone else is on 8.0.2 iirc so that could be why...

this is my best purchase yet and he is young too.

xbalcme3.th.jpg

i couldnot sign any good goalie better than turley. in the end i had to settle for this 43 year old and his stats are good for his age and he is better than turley. he will a good signing for the first seson till i sign others.

goaliesv6.th.jpg

Nice finds mate. Balc's stats look great for the BSP and that keeper looks good and he's certainly doing well with 8 clean sheets! Will def need a new keeper when you get promoted tho, I tell you in advance that Anthony Scribe is all you need. icon14.gif

Archived