Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else get this, whenever i do my team talk at half time i can always gaurantee that someone will score straight after halftime. This happens about 90% of the time and it's always the opposition who scores even though i have been domenating icon_frown.gif

Does this happen to anyone else?

wow! your doing well good!

I'm doing okay i suppose icon_razz.gif I won my first game of the season 1-0 against barnsley and then lost 2 on the trot, 2-1 against conventry and then 2-1 against swansea. Just drew 1-1 with Rotherham and i'm now sitting in 13th place. Just hope the rest of my season goes well icon_biggrin.gif

End of Season One.. and the U's are back in the football league!!

Well.. What a first season it's been.

League

We strolled through the league, rarely getting out of first gear. My 4-4-2 provided to be a solid base. We dropped a few points in the last couple of games due to me resting players. With us confirmed as champions.. my focus went on the two cups.

Here's the 'Final Table'

FA Cup

We met Reading in the third round at the Madjeski Stadium. After going down 1-0, Ebanks-Blake equalised and we went on to hit the bar in the 83rd minute before having our hearts broken, with Reading scoring in the 90th minute. A good display which deserved an least a replay.

Setanta Shield

We had a fairly straight-forward run up to the Semi-finals, where we met York. After winning the first leg at home, 2-0, they raced ahead in the second leg 1-0 inside 3mins. However, we did managed to equalise through R.Murphy, on loan from Arsenal for 3months. It ended 2-1 to us and Aldershot awaited us in the Final.. which we gave a highly unimpressive performance but snuck a 1-0 win, sub J.Legister scoring.

FA Trophy

Again, not too much trouble here. Stevenage proved to be the trickiest tie in the fourth round. We were locked at 0-0 until the 93rd minute where Ebanks-Blake scored a stunning 30yd strike to send us through! We faced Stafford in the Final. We won 2-1, goals from Ebanks-Blake and Balde, they are fantastic upfront together.

Players

Ebanks-Blake was amazing, scoring 45 goals in 46 games (31 in the league).

Emil was also fantastic. 15 Assists and 6 Goals.

R.Nylen chipped in with an amazing 20 assists despite not being classified as a first team starter.

Nordtveit was a rock at the back, will do my upmost to take him on loan again, next season.

Here's my 'Squad Overview''

*Lansbury and R.Murphy came on short-term loans and went back to Arsenal with Oxford on their favoured clubs list. Great news for the future!

Overall

Really happy with my first season. Will have to make some improvements next year but on the whole the squad is strong. A GK, LB, CM, ST are all required and hopefully my loanee's will be available for another term at the Kassam Stadium in League Two. Oh .. I'm already turning down job offers left, right and centre, which pleases the board when i deny my intrest so i suppose it's a good thing.

Advice and reccomendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks icon_smile.gif

35.jpg

The man the legend, Kabamba Musasa.

By far the best signing I have made for Oxford, in his first half season he scored 19 in 19, not bad.

Then in his first full season he has got 38 goals in 33 games, with 11 games still gool. it's crazy.

also i have had emil salomonson (sp) for 2 seasons now and he is not a starter, in fact he is my 3rd choice right winger, i don't know if im using him wrong or whether he isn't as good on mine but he hasn't done anything for me and his stats are ****. any help?

yeah I've always used him on the right side, to be honest he didn't really do anything in BSP, so I used Kevin Gall ahead of him, now I have Sabrin Sburlea and Ryan Crowther ahead of him, who both play better and have better stats

Originally posted by Gazza D:

i am going to start a new game as oxford as many people have said it is enjoyable

Welcome mate and good luck hoping for an update soon!

Well done Scott and everyone else keep it up.

just got a couple of hours to play before work. made a few signings just finishing off really.

th

Originally posted by Dale0718:

I use Salamonsson as an AMR and he is still class in league 1. After 7 games played in the league he has an average rating of 7.40 and 2 goals to his name icon_smile.gif

yeah hes quality! should be great in champioship too and if you train him right he can play well in premiership too!

Recky_D and Gazza D, welcome to both of you: enjoy the wonders of Oxford! icon_smile.gif

George, well done on the promotion mate, yeh Ganea is bloody incredible! You'll do fine in League 1. icon14.gif

Zombie, very nice mate, an excellent points total and the goals seemes to be raining in from everywhere! Good luck in League 2! icon_smile.gif

megafan, unlucky mate, I would have stuck with it for a little longer but it's your call. Thanks for everything. icon_smile.gif

Celtic: and I quote, "Tom I'm not Matt I won't win the EPL". Want to retract your statement lol! Ganea blew away the all time goalscoring record as well. Ganea-Ebanks: the top Oxford striking partnership? icon_biggrin.gif

Scott, great season mate. You should have gone for Tom's record he would have been really cheesed off if someone got it right after him. icon_wink.gif

Ganea is a must for next season and get Ebanks and Nordtveit back if you can. Scribe for GK would be great. Sorry to disappoint you but that is not the Estrada I meant, he's called Johnatan Estrada sory should have mentioned his first name! Try and get Lansbury on loan and Bernardo from Cruziero subject to wp for MC. With that you should be all set for next season. icon14.gif

surf_ed, he sounds great. I decided against signing him I think it was because I had too many strikers in the squad but it looks like I missed out! As for Salomonsson his stats aren't the greatest but he's a great player, good enough for the Champ imo but def good enough for the BSP so I'm not sure why he's so poor for you. icon_confused.gif

Tom, unlucky with work mate, gotta scrape a living tho eh. icon_frown.gif

Due to a combination of school work and illness I've not been able to play at all recently. Hopefully I'll get some play time in today tho. icon_rolleyes.gif

Transfers:

transfeerrrrbr4.th.jpg

Ganea i am so pleased about he has 160 as his PA which is the best he can possibly get!

that Bakiri is a GK with a PA of

Possebon is only 3 months as Soley need a back up. and so is Eckersley, Pacheco was to be back up for Musasa but i managed to get Ganea so he probably won't play many.

Squad + Tactic:

squaddq4.th.png

Results so far:

Oxford 2-0 Notts Co. (Rose, Soley)

Oxford 1-0 Rotherham (Nylen)

Lincoln 0-2 Oxford (Dervite, Sburlea)

League Cup 1st Round - Oxford 5-2 Plymouth!! (Nylen, OG and Ganea HAT-TRICK ON HIS DEBUT!!!)

Celtic - Well you never know!! lol

Im currently 18 games in and I have won 17 of them, gutted i drew my third game in so thought i was gonna go down hill but picked it up and looking comfortable now. Just beat Stevenage 3 - 0 in the fa cup qual. Ebanks ha 19 in 18 so far this season! Already a legend lol!

Goals are coming from everywhere so far, 5 from emil salomonsson and 5 from frutos out on the wings is great!

Originally posted by Celtic 08:

Good so far Tom looking for another of Matts points record

haha well i dont want to take all his glory off him, but stuff happens icon_razz.gif

yeah i dont want to get ahead of myself though its only 4 games in!

Ganea 6 in 2 though not badicon_biggrin.gif

Celtic - I know what you mean, mainly the first two seasons you should breaze through. I havnt played in league 1 with them yet so i couldnt say if thats easy or not. Im assuming it will get alot harder by championship and esp prem no?

Tom, great signings mate, your Ganea could be even better than mine!!! icon_eek.gif This keeper sounds good if he's keeping Scribe on the bench, any chance of a screenie? And pls let me keep one measly points record, you look like you'll blow this one away too! icon_rolleyes.gif

weebob, liking it a lot mate. Possible total of 135, not wanting to put you under any pressure or anything. That would be bloody difficult to beat tho... icon_razz.gif

Fraser, it's not mega easy mate, but I know what you mean. I found it harder in the Championship than in any of the previous leagues but I'd managed to get di Maria and Lulinha so they eventually tore the league apart. Don't count your chickens tho mate...

Archived