Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jessboi, my advice would be to try that for a bit and if it doesn't work then think about changing it. As for the squad, you should be fine for the BSP, but it may need strengthening beyond that. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

Sparky, great transfers mate. Is that my Bernardo? If it is great price! And it seems you've taken up my advice on Vokes and Dubarbier, I'm sweating already lol!

Hmm, nothing really wrong with your team, infact it should ease past the BSP, so I would recommend a change of tactic mate. I'll e-mail you my 4-4-2 that worked wonders for me. Otherwise, don't discount a basic 4-4-2 with no instructions mate: it may surprise you. Also, look around the tactics forum: a great source of ideas if you want to create your own or already made ones if you cba!

Creppin mate dont panic! your playing a fairly similar tactic to me im also playing the attacking midfeilders far up the wings, the only problem i find with this is that teams will expose you down the wings. I also noticed you have playing through the middle, perhaps you should leave that to mixed? only reason being is that you might not be geting the most out of your wingers. Hope i gave some valid advice lol icon14.gif

Right guys, I'm not in for the next couple of days (going somewhere in darkest middle England where the internet is still an alien concept!) so I'm expecting this thread to have racked up at least 2000 posts by then! icon_wink.gif

Good luck with all your games! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

I've just finished my 1st season.I won the Setanta Shield and the league. Won 39 Draw 4 Lost 3 Scored 120 Conceded 30.

My best players were Ben Hunter (38 Goals) , Preston Edwards (Rarely conceded a goal) , Seyfo Soley (35 Goals) , Havard Nordveit (Average rating of 7.41) , Emil Salomonsson (26 Goals and 23 Assists) and Robin Nylen (17 Goals and 55 Assists).

woooah! almost 100 postts since i was on last night its mad!!

glad everyone is doing well!

have fun Matt wherever your going! i live in the middle of england isshhh one of the further places from the seaanyway lol. where about yougo?

BarentBoyz mate you should get promotion! if not playing well just change tactic your team should be fine even with no additions to be honest.

Zombie great mate. hardly conceded thats brilliant! ben hunter was good for me 1st game glad hes dnoe well for you too!

Salomonsson Nordveit and Nylen looking good too.

just looked at that nylen guy good Potential ability but with a CA of only 55 in 2nd season for me not sure i could play him enough to make him good. if he becomes amazing for you i may have to look at him ext time.

maybe i was being a bit hasty when i said promotion won't be on the cards eariler, i would be suprised if we weren't up there by the end of teh season, was just a bit ****ed off with the result (then drawing 2-2 at York didn't help)

strikers aren't scoring /o\ 5 league games in and i've only scored 8 while conceding 4 icon_frown.gif in 4th atm

Originally posted by dexta200:

hmm areyou playing 2 up top? i feel 1 up top works better in BSP. york tipped as winners/2nd i think so they shoulld be a challenge

i am indeed playing 2 upfront, normally Ebanks Blake and either Stewart/Samba/Hoskins as Christie has started his injury proneness with the club

the york result was annoying after being 2-0 up after 20 mins and them scoring in the 94th minute despite 2 mins being added on but meh

hmm well theres nothing you can do about last minute goals really. its so hard to trust your team to defend. they always seem to score though

maybe switch to just ebanks blake up top on his own.

just had a GIANT killing in the cup...

Brighton 0-1 Oxford (Ebanks-Blake)

hahaha woop! league cup round 1!

Round 2 draw

Oxford Vs Fulham

icon_rolleyes.gif

Got that Robert Nylen geezer too. also Neymar is coming in 2 years time icon_biggrin.gif

cheerz mate icon_wink.gif well its a good start 3rd after 20 games, my only problem is sticking with a tactic, has any one got a tactic theyve used which has been particulary succesful and they dont mind sharing it, il show u my current one and if you could tell us if its absoulute ***** lol

yeah josh wright is a bloody good loan signing mate!

especially for bsp!!

Lost 2-1 to Bournemouth

1-0 down Tarija scored a screamer! then last min gave away a pen!

and now against Tranmere given away another penalty!

ended up winnin 2-1 so it was okay with goals from Hoskins and Antwi!

so far 6th after 5 games with 3 wins 2 losses

lol josh wright is god mate, hes bout 10 and better than all my players, i know what u mean about penalties, i keep giving em away. Im currently 2nd at the moment after 21 games and the board do nooot look happy

3 wins 2 losses aint bad, for me i just dont trust my defence and obviously with the latest patch the football runs more smoothly and i dont trsut any one on ones with my keeper. Who u signed this year mate?

its a back a page or 2 mate but signings:

Maximilliano Oliva

Jose San Roman

Erik Grendel

Patricio Rodriguez

Eino Puri

Muhamed Demiri

Loans:

Will Hoskins

Ebanks Blake

Sam Hewson

Troy Archibald-Henville

Godwin Antwi.

ah the board are never happy though. once you get out of bsp though you have low expectations.

lol il not pretend in saying i know who your top 6 signings are but some good loans, i couldnt get ebanks blake. The football aint pretty a the moment but i suppose its the bsp and its results that matter, im 2 points of top, i jus need to battle the seaosn through and get promotion with this controversial tactic

didnt u start this thread mate? its got to be one of the busiest ! i started a shaktar one last week but cant really be bothered tbh, bring on oxford!

yeah i started it! didnt even think for one second it would get this big! ive started 4 oxford games since because the thread is so good i cant leave it for longer than a week lol!

i started the qpr one too and just got board of it the people in here are much more interactive rather than just posting there teams and being like where doo i improve. which obviously you want that in here just not alll the time you need conversation too!

yeah i saw your shakthar one i started one but got bored after 6 games.

if you look at the start date of this thread and compare it to some of the others its one of the fastest growing threads on thissite!!

newcastle, chelsea, qpr and others its bigger better and everyone seems to love playing as oxford!

dont even know why i started an oxford game! i have no conections with them but im glad i did!!

Archived