Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

misake in post above. i beat oxford city 4-1 sorry.

great 1st game against cambridge 3-0 winners with goals from Dayton and two from Ledgister absolutely dominated the game.

2nd game: Farsley 0-2 Oxford (Hoskins, McLeod)

once again dominated only had 4 shots against me in total in league hopefully keep that low lol.

so far so good.

Burton 1-3 Oxford (McLeod 2, Ledgister)

still only 7 shots against me. im really liking the tactic. just wish my strikers would hit the back of the net more often i reckon once they have settled in they should.

top of the league on gd after 3 games along way to go yet though!

off to bed now, gotta be up at 5am for workicon_frown.gif Night

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good mate, stick with it!

I've lost my unbeaten record in League 1: lost to Hull 1-0... icon_frown.gif

But bouncing back spectacularly in the FA Cup 6th round...

Tottenham 0-1 Oxford (Salomonsson) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And I had 10 men for the last half hour cos Bernardo got stupidly sent off. Also we had a Vokes goal (unfairly) ruled out. icon14.gif

Feeder club beats parent club, now I'll sleep well! icon_smile.gif

Hey guys quick update

Won the JPT 5-3 against Sheff Wed. Made the playoffs beat Scunthorpe 4-3 on agg and then Doncaster 4-3 in the final.

Just another point this new tactic gives a lot of high scoring games. Scored 7 in 3 games and 8 in another in total I scored 116 and conceded 76 and that was despite being in the relegation zone after 10 games.

For all those starting out Marcus Stewart and Michael Coulson are great signings. Marcus scored 27 in the BSP and Coulson scored 36 goals in 35 games in League 2 and 23 in League 1.

Originally posted by Dale0718:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/dale0718/tactics.jpg

It's like dexta200's. i liked the look of it and so far it's worked wonders.

I'm now up to 5th icon_wink.gif

My new loanee striker from Fulham (Ismael Ehui) has got 8goals in 7games and is keeping that Zoltan Harsanyi out of the team.

Too bad i only have him for 3 months icon_frown.gif

nice mate. glad its working for you. if you want i could post my team instructions? but you might like to stick with yours as you might do better than me as i've only played 3 games so not sure.

Originally posted by timtombailey:

i got oxford promoted up a league every season!!! I am now 2021 and no.1 rated club in the world!! my hero was febian brandy. got him on loan in league 2 and managed to sign him in league 1. played 510 games, scored 478 goals! he is a hero!!

well done mate. you should start a new one and join us!

George, cheers mate: it was amazing! Running away with league one atm, 19 points ahead with about 15 games to go! icon14.gif

Timtombailey, very nice. Fancy having another go? icon_wink.gif

Jonny, brilliant mate, the JPT should bring in some cash and getting promoted too great season! icon_smile.gif

hey guys, i don't beleive it! ypresfr how the hell r u doing so well wit Oxford in league 1. I am playing as MK Dons at minute just about to start my third season in The Championship. 1st season won League 2 by some distance getting 104 points along the way, 2nd season finished 5th in League 1 and got promoted. Now here is where i am stuck after two seasons of 15th and 14th respectible i can't seem to push my team onto the next level.

This is where u come in Ypresfr I was wondering if i cud try ur tactic out with my team and see if it can change my fortunes around. If not cud u give me any tips

Cheers in advance and sorry for long post

It's cos I'm a legend! icon_wink.gif

Seriously tho, tbh I don't know how I'm doing so well! In all my other FM games I've done okay but nothing amazing and now we're motoring along, brilliant! My tactic really is nothing special, it's just a 4-4-2 with small farrows on the wingers and no changes to the team instructions. Beware tho mate I wouldn't rely totally on my advice cos others have been much less successful by following it.

Another thing is that I've been quite lucky with signings and work permits. Emil Salomonsson has been a fb signing, still my best RW an he was free as well! It's in part down to South Americans such as Estrada (now sold to Newcastle for £4 mill!), Leandro de Oliviera and Adilson that I did so well in the BSP but Dexta200 didn't get wp's for any of them! (TIP: If you start a new game load all players from South American countries and pray that you're lucky wih wp;s: there are some gems!)

Whilst in League 2 I bought a certain Mr Liviu Ganea who has been just phenomenal, with over 80 league goals in under 2 seasons, and don't even get me started on the cups! Again South Americans such as Bernardo (MC from Cruzeiro) and David Yepes (DC £45k bargain with 20 heading and jumping has murdered the corner bug) have got me loads of points.

So, League 1 and this is my team (in brackets: price/season bought):

GK: Scribe (£12k/L2), Medran (£95k/L1)

DR: San Roman (£22k/L1), Para (£850k/L2)

DL: Bertrand (Loan/L1), Eron (£95k/L1)

DC: Obama (£240k/L2), Christie (Regen)

DC: Yepes (£45k/L2), A Bamba (£130k/L1)

MR: Salomonsson (Free/BSP), Gerrard (Regen)

ML: Braaten (£900k + Seyfo Soley/L1), Adam Johnson (Loan/L1)

MC: Bernardo (£325k/L2), Mark Davies (£350k/L1)

MC: Elvio Martinez (£80k/L1), Tamir Cohen (£235k/L1)

FC: Barcham (Loan/L1), Vokes (£300k/L2)

FC: Ganea (£375k/L2), Andrade (£4k/L2)

BSP= 1st season, L2= 2nd season, L1= 3rd season.

In terms of attracting players it probably helped that I won three cups 1st season to boost the rep a bit as well as the JPT season 2. Oxford's rep isn't bad to begin with tbh so that's also a reason. Also finances go up really quickly if you're Oxford, only helped by winning cups and selling players for profits ofc.

A few pieces of general advice:

1) Loans, loans, loans... love them! Get yourself a good parent club (Spurs are mine) and bleed them for all they've got! Maghoma, Alnwick, Riley, Barcham, Forecast are all great players I've got from them. Also, look at the reserves of Prem clubs. I've had players such as Zoltan Harsanyi, Gabriel Zakuani, David Edgar, Ryan Bertrand and Adam Johnson who worked wonders for me!

2) Look at relegated clubs. Wolves got relegated from the Championship on mine so I nicked Davies off them on the (fairly) cheap. Bournemouth also got relegated so I got Vokes off them. They're a cheap gold mine!

3) Don't reject the rejects! Richard Hughes, Tamir Cohen and Daniel Braaten were all rotting in the reserves of one club or another but they're still class players. Snap them up cheaply!

4) Think outside the box. Romania for example is where I got Ganea from (Dinamo Bucharest btw) an look what he's done! As previously mentioned South America is an excellent place to find cheap, quality players!

Phew! And you thought your post was long! Enough of my waffling, if you have anyone questions don't be afraid to ask! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

yeah i was going to say scribe not sure you will get him to come to league 2 but you never know!

how you doing matt?

i was hoping to go unbeaten with a great start won 5 in a row comfortably then lost 2 :S stevanage and exeter, they keep scoring goals even without having many shots. stevenage had 3 shots and beat me 1-0

exeter also had 3 and scored 2!! takes the p*ss. i have been dominating games, 53%, 58% possession in those games and overall 21 shots but only 5 on target! terrible!!

hi mate, tried scribe did not want to come to england will try for alnwick but he is in the spurs 1st team at the moment. signed gregan(oldham)MC mclean(peterboro)ST hammond(leicester)ST ebanks blake(loan from wolves)ST emmanual(luton)DL ikeme (wolves)GK.

thanks for the quick reply. andy

yes would not come. really happy with the squad except a gk. still got solomonnson, ritas and sabin from last season, released mcallister, jeannin and russell hoult from last year, still kept trainer and rose but have just signed jeff whitley from wrexham so midfield looks well packed but still well below the wage bill. told the board promotion so ended up with 240k, spent 150 on mclean. finished last year on 93 points quite happy with that as i was struggling into the new year. will keep you updated. andy

Tom, unlucky mate. There was a bug on the earlier patches iirc but it's supposed to have been sorted now. icon_confused.gif

I've not played at all tonight: too busy! icon_mad.gif

Andy, good signings mate, Ebanks-Blake should be good as well as Emanuel (was thinking of signing him myself). You might not get Alnwick then. Try for Bevan as Tom said or maybe Frank Fielding/Gunnar Nielson from Blackburn.

How is it that i'm doing so rubbish as oxford? icon_confused.gif

I'm now 34 games into my league season and i'm sixth!!! Still only 7points behind league leaders but i just can't seem to win away.

My top scorer is my centre back cus my strikers just can't score atm.

anybody know any decent strikers i could loan for 3months?

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Tom, unlucky mate. There was a bug on the earlier patches iirc but it's supposed to have been sorted now. icon_confused.gif

I've not played at all tonight: too busy! icon_mad.gif

[

stop being busy and get on with whats important lol.

ah well it will give me a lil bit of time to catch up lol.

had another poor result 0-0 not scoring many at all! hopefully one of my strikers will jus click and score loads!

whey jody morris scored straight from a corner icon_biggrin.gif only 2nd time i've noticed that and before it was Elano lol. i have got a feww new loan signings in. David Bevan has gone back to villa so im searching for a loan GK

but i have got Adda Djeziri from Portsmouth just scored 2 on his debut! looks a lot better than most of my players! also brought in Adrian Leijer from Fulham looks like he could be a pretty solid centre back for me! well for 3 months anyway.

been drawn against Notts Forest in FA Cup 1st round.

hes only young but i got Preston Edwards on loan as my GK now. suppose no younger than Bevan hopefully he will do well for 3 months anyway!

my games gone a bit sour and i have lost my momentum. so im going back to lyon, barca chelsea for a bit.

lost 7 of my games before december so tactic just wasn't working, and because i loaded so many players from countries, it was going slow. i will probably start a new one soon though

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

Hey Olliet nice work, i like the shape of ur tactic looks very balanced and I wud like to create a similar shape with MK Dons. I was wondering if you could give me any tips on how u went about urs?

Cheers

I'll get a screenie of the sliders if you want, not sure if it will work as it is my very own tactic lol, but here;

<A HREF=A>

Tom, strange you should ask about the cups mate, got through to the FA Cup semis icon_eek.gif and played some team from London owned by a Russian bloke with loads of money! You might know them... icon_wink.gif

So I thought I'd return the favour you did for me or your game against Bolton. So here goes,

It's the biggest day in many of the Oxford's players careers as they travel to Wembley to take on current Prem champs Chelsea. The giant-killing performed by Oxford in this season's FA Cup is amazing having beaten teams such as Everton and Tottenham to come this far. Surely they can't do it again...

Odds: Chelsea- 1/6, Oxford- 10/1

Chelsea

GK: Cech

DR: Ivanovic

DL: A Cole

DC: Alex

DC: Terry (capt)

DM: Essien

MC: Lampard

MC: Ballack

AMC: Modric

FC: Drogba

FC: Anelka

SUBS: Taylor, Bridge, J Cole, van der Vaart, Sinclair

Oxford

GK: Scribe

DR: San Roman

DL: Para (Bertrand ineligble)

DC: Obama (capt)

DC: Yepes

MR: Salomonsson

ML: Braaten

MC: Bernardo

MC: Martinez

FC: Barcham

FC: Ganea

SUBS: Medran, Anderson Bamba, Adam Johnson, Vokes, Mark Davies

Kick Off: Ganea and Barcham set the ball rolling

06 mins: Drogba SCORES!!! Curled into the net from the edge of the area.

13: Martinez SCORES!!! Instant reply by Oxford. Volleyed home from 10 yards.

14: Ganea heads just over from Braaten's cross

27: Anelka SCORES!!! Flicked near post header from Modric's corner.

40: Yepes almost equalises with a towering header.

HT: A valient Oxford performance but Chelsea lead 2-1.

47: Martinez stings Cech's hands with a 30 yard strike.

54: Terry heads just over from Ballack's free kick.

56: Ganea hits the bar from Salomonsson's cross

59: J Cole on for Drogba. Vokes on for Barcham.

64: Cech saves brilliantly from Ganea's flicked effort.

65: A Johnson on for Salomonsson.

72: Martinez's effort cleared off the line by Essien as Oxford coninue applying pressure.

76: Sinclair on for Ballack.

78: Bernardo SCORES!!! Oxford equalise through Bernardo's deflected free kick.

89: Johnson hits the post from a tight angle.

92: Braaten shoots just wide from 25 yards.

FT: Extra time for Oxford's brave players to contend with.

98: Own goal, Oxford SCORE!!! Alex deflects an Obama drive past a despairing Cech... can they hang on?

101: Scribe saves a low drive from Anelka.

HT: 15 mins until Oxford are in dreamland!

109: Ganea has a goal ruled out for a foul, Oxford's bench is furious!

111: Anelka SCORES!!! Slips it underneath the advancing Scribe and Chelsea's fans breathe once again.

113: Van der Vaart on for Essien.

115: Anelka has a goal rightly ruled out for offside, despite Chelsea protests.

PENALTIES: Can Oxford's fans (and manager) take any more?

Obama... scores!!!

Modric... scores!!!

Yepes... saved.

Ivanovic... over.

Vokes... scores!!!

Anelka... saved.

Braaten... scores!!!

Van der Vaart... scores!!!

Bernardo to win it... over. icon_frown.gif

Sinclair must score... scores!!!

Ganea... wide. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Lampard... scores!!!

Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Cruel game: football.

Yeah, must have brought in a bit of money. icon14.gif

GK: Wayne Henederson, Trevor Carson, Artur Krysiak, Ben Hinchcliffe, David Martin, Adam Bogdan, Gunnar Nielson, Frank Fielding, Lars Stubhaug, Asmir Begovic, Gary Woods (also try for permanent), Chris Smith (permanent), Joshua Lillis (permanent), Mark Bunn (permanent), Ciprian Tatarusanu (permanent), Richard Richardsson (permanent), Rhys Evans, Aleksandr Radosavljevic, Sasa Stamenkovic, David Preece, Ben Williams, Steve Mildenhall, Nikola Matek.

There you are: tell me you can't find one out of them! icon_wink.gif

Hmm, an interesting situation. The date is 6th April 2010 and we've run away with League 1 and just winding down now, preparing for the Championship. Chelsea, struggling (9th in the Prem and just squeaked past us in the FA semis) have lost patience and sacked Grant. They must have been impressed with my tactical skills in the FA Cup cos they've offered me the job:

£37.5 million transfer budget

£2.1 million per week wage budget

Target to win Prem after 2 years

Squad is generally good but needs improvement.

So what should I do? Take Oxford further or leave for the heady heights of Stamford Bridge? I'm leaving it for tonight and coming back to it tomorrow. Any suggestions guys?

No I suppose not! icon_razz.gif

What I was thinking of is saving the game, taking the Chelsea job and then saving the game under a different name. That way if I don't like the Chelsea job, which is what I expect to happen tbh, I can just go back to the Oxford save. Thoughts?

unlucky with the result against chelsea :p

never take that job! dont you want to get into europe and win the prem?!?!

save it i got offered every job going and turned them all down, saved united and newcastle just incase i wanted to go back to it but never did! stick with it mate. please! especially chelsea not really worth it, you will be better than them soon if they are struggling!

Yeah I will stick with the Oxford game, just all that power tempted me! Remind you of anyone? Tyrant with lust for power, take over the world, slicked back hair, moustache... well perhaps maybe not quite that bad! I'll get there soon anyway with Oxford! *touches wood* Thanks for setting me straight guys! icon_smile.gif

Yeah, annoyed about the FA Cup game. 9 minutes then 1 penalty away from the final! A goal ruled out as well... oh well. icon_frown.gif

Archived