Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jaaaws:

Just got promoted to the Football League Championship! yeah! what was your transfer budget there at the beginning of the season?

erm championship this time only got 170k because i asked for stadium expansion which was annoying lol. but times before i have got 7m and 5m

its not rubbish mate its from buying and selling on players with high pa's, btw guys im 7 games into the champiosnhip and look to be struggling tbh lol the board only gave me 1 mill to spend! i spent this on jack wilkshire and so far hes been very good, my club estimation is 8 million but i suppose i have planned stadium expansions and training facilities

bit of both tbh matt, i just want a time where i actually get a healthy transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif im playing the tactic that u sent me mate which has been succesful in my leeds game, ill see if things improve the seasons still early

Okay, right at the beginning of the 4th season. It's Championship football now! icon_smile.gif

I was given €4,5M for transfers after stating that the aim is to avoid relegation. I'm still not overconfident on my squad but i've made some very good signings so far without even touching the budget:

transfers1stjulyul2.jpg

NIEMINEN (DM/CM, PA 191)

nieminenln3.jpg

my squad at the beginning of july

BRUNO (MC)

brunouv1.jpg

And this is how my squad looks like now:

squardju4.jpg

Will probably get rid of Nylén (never performed for me), Soley (not sure if he's good enough, he looses so many balls in midfield, not good for a dm), Sabic, Tierney and Salem. Alexandropolous, Thompson hopefully will go out for loan.

So, i have 4,5€ M to spend but dunno which area to strengthen. Guess i need betterf full backs and get in another defensive midfielder. and backups for dc and the wings.

Good squad there jaaaws, but I was gonna say you're looking a bit thin on the ground in terms of right backs, also, that Nieminen guy has some good stats and huge potential, but it's hard to see him reaching it at present as he's 19 already. His Marking stat is horrible as well, so looks like he'll only ever be able to do a job as CM imo. Don't know what this Laurant guy is like, and of course it depends on your formation but yes, I would agree with needing another defensive mid. Left back I'm not sure, Dubarbier may well have developed excellently or not, same thing with Salomonsson. Up front, obviously no issues, Danny Haynes and Ganea = icon_biggrin.gif You look a bit weak on the left wing if you play someone there as well, if you play Dubarbier there then get a left back, if he's a left back then get a winger.

You should be fine, you haven't even exploited any loans yet either!

Still not sure about which formation to play. In the BSP and L2 i successfully played a flat 4-4-2 but it stopped working in L1. I switched to a 4-3-1-2 with farrows on the RM/LM and a barrow on the CM which is basically a more defensive oriented player. the tactic worked well in L1. Seems i like the idea of having two players upfront. guess i'll go with the same formation into the new season. and yes i play dubarbier as a ML/AML.

so i'm down to this first XI:

GK: Jourdren

DR: Dembelé (was very good last season though his stats look quite random)

DC: Chalwe

DC: Shittu

DL: Rutenberg (quite solid, but i guess i could do a lot better here)

ML: Dubarbier

MC: Laurant/Bruno

MR: Salomonsson/Scannell

ST: Ganea (though Musasa was my best goalscorer the last two seasons but as he's unhappy now i consider selling him)

ST: Haynes

Still not sure about which formation to play. In the BSP and L2 i successfully played a flat 4-4-2 but it stopped working in L1. I switched to a 4-3-1-2 with farrows on the RM/LM and a barrow on the CM which is basically a more defensive oriented player. the tactic worked well in L1. Seems i like the idea of having two players upfront. guess i'll go with the same formation into the new season. and yes i play dubarbier as a ML/AML.

so i'm down to this first XI:

GK: Jourdren

DR: Dembelé (was very good last season though his stats look quite random)

DC: Chalwe

DC: Shittu

DL: Rutenberg (quite solid, but i guess i could do a lot better here)

ML: Dubarbier

MC: Laurant/Bruno

MR: Salomonsson/Scannell

ST: Ganea (though Musasa was my best goalscorer the last two seasons but as he's unhappy now i consider selling him)

ST: Haynes

oh forgot about the AMC with another farrow which is prob. scannell or e. puri

Originally posted by dexta200:

nice squad there jaaaws. should be fine tbh just hope the tactic works mate. i would recommend using a DM though

so far i've been doing fine playing without a dm but maybe things are different in the championship. have tried to get nordtveit vom arsenal on loan but he rejected. any recommendation?

I've been incredibly lucky in my first serious Oxford game. Sburlea ripped League 2 apart with 50+ goals, but is now second choice after Nazarith. Scribe was a mega keeper in League 2, but had to step aside when I got Joao Carlos in. Marvin Angulo came and went for only half a season leaving me 6M in the account. In February 2010 I'm in second place after Millwall. Let's see if I remember the starting 11:

gk: Joao Carlos

dr: Herrera

dc: Cordos

dc: McGowan

dl: English guy, Jason something, cheap but good

mc/dmc: Dedechko

mc/dmc: Holek

amc: Zec

amc: Iachemet

amc: Forgot name

fc: Nazarith

BSP and League 2 were won by a huge margin. League 1 might be second or third place, but I'm hoping for a third consecutive promotion. Best advice for first season: Load all french players. Many out there to sign for free.

January in the championship, and we're heading for straight promotion again icon_smile.gif

Has been a busy year for major transfers:

OUT:

Alfonso Blanco = 2.3m

Terry Crank = 2.6m

Emil Salomonsson = 6m [board accepted, was my best player this season icon_frown.gif a sad loss]

IN:

Marlon King = FREE

Thiago = 900k

Bill Sharp = 2.4m

Lulinha = 8m over 24 months

Very happy with my major ins, Luinha is so far proving to be well worth his big price tag. There's a question mark over John Fleck too, sadly he's unhappy and has been attracting the attention of man utd! so i may well have to sell up.

great signings Minimal_Fuss. Billy Sharp was a legend on my Crystal Palace Save.

I'm at the start of my first championship season, started 1-1 vs cardiff, 1-1 vs relegated derby county and won 1-0 over gillingham.

in the meantime i finished my transfers as well.

this were the transfers as of 1st july

transfers1stjulyul2.jpg

in addition a signed possebon from ManU for €1.4M (couldn't find a decent right back und saw that possebon could possibly play as a DR. hope it works out) and birkir bjarnason for €1.6M from watford.

and released yannick salem on a free as he won't see much playing time with bjarnason, salomonsson, scannell and dubarbier around.

I've seen loads of people saying how great an Oxford save is. So I've decided to give it a go. I'm unsure on who to buy, and what tactics to use, so any help from succesful players would be helpful.

cheers

Adam, welcome mate:

GK: Get someone on loan (Edwards was good for me, also Forecast)

DR: Loans are the best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan. If you want permanent then try Armando Ibrakovic.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez. Also Cristea if you can get him.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Boubacar Balde has also been great and can also play right wing or upfront. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Tactics wise 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 would be good for the 1st season.

Get a parent club as well: good luck! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

skogmantore, starting XI looks great mate, I'm sure you'll get promotion again. icon_smile.gif

Minimal, Lulinha and Billy Sharp are fantastic signings, nice one! Shame about Salomonsson but whebn he left me we still carried on as well as we had been doing with him there. icon14.gif

jaaaws, signings look good mate, Bruno seems like a good find, slightly down on the physical side tho. Niemenen also looks good, marking is pretty bad for a DC tho, I would play him DM. Again physically he's not great and composure, decisions and concentration could be higher but with that PA those stats are sure to improve. icon14.gif

jaaaws - cheers mate, Dannye Haynes is a great signing! Ipswich are in the prem in my game, and he's one of the prem's top scorers!

Luinha has been amazing! Gave him a freerole in an AMC position and he's got 8goals in 12games so far, which isn't bad form the middle of the park! Not to mention he currently playing an 8-8-8-9-9 in form.

Oh and King is 30, he's still pretty good (16+ composer/finishing/pace/acceleration). He's a 3rd choice behind Billy and Ganea, was happy to sign as backup for 2k a month, so I'm not complaining.

Salo was quite a loss, but Sabrin and Nick de Haan are both very good on the wing....Sabrin looks more and more like a winger all the time as he's got a very focused training schedule....dont need another amc/striker, so he's to become and out and out winger if at all possible!

seven games into the season, drew the first two games but then started a winning streak 1-0 to gillingham, 6-1 to leeds, 2-1 to norwich and 5-0 to northampton.

danny shittu is scoring goals for fun from corners. he's a beast. maybe i should emplay him as lone striker because my wingers are lethal too. salomonsson already got himself 6 assists. icon_wink.gif

carling cup was easy so far: 1st round 2-0 to brentford (L1) and 2nd round 3-0 to stoke city (CH).

dexta200: yeah tactics started to work again. haynes and scannell are banging up the opposition. unfortunately ganea still doesn't fit my tactic at all. he's too slow. icon_frown.gif

well 3rd round of the league cup will be a visit to emirates. don't think we will win there. icon_frown.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Player's Name Transfer/Loan fee

--------------------------------------------

Emil Salomonsson Transfer £0

Jacques Maghoma Loan N.A

Michael Coulson Loan N.A

Leigh Mills Loan N.A

Zoltan Harsanyi Loan N.A

Paul Tierney Transfer £4,000</pre>

Thos are my transfers, as you can see, all of those signings are suggestions from ypresfr. The pressures on you know, if they fail, it'll be on you icon_wink.gif.

Here's hoping icon_smile.gif

dexta200: yeah tactics started to work again. haynes and scannell are banging up the opposition. unfortunately ganea still doesn't fit my tactic at all. he's too slow. icon_frown.gif

well 3rd round of the league cup will be a visit to emirates. don't think we will win there. icon_frown.gif

ah glad its working. works fine with ganea mate shove him up top!

started first game with Soley, was away to Salisbury. I thought he didn't look great, so i had him on the bench. It was 1-1, brought him on at half time, and it was 2-2 by 90 minutes, and then Soley had a magic run, which ended in him taking it past the keeper, and slotting it home. GET IN

Hey guys, just an update, in April in my Championship season, already confirmed promotion to the premiership, although ManCity are pushing us all the way for the actual title.

championship-april.jpg

Better still, is our FA cup run! We just beat United at Wembely! We're going to the final!

beatmanu.jpg

minimal really good results, mate! especially against manU. congrats! i'm currenty in the championship to. 5-2-0 after 7 games, but i've got to admit you have a much much better squard than i do. all those talents lulinha, thiago, wilshere. amazing.

what tactics are u using?

Seaons over, we just pipped ManCity to the championship title by 2 points in the end!

and heartbreak in the FA cup final! Held Arsenal for 90minutes....then an injury time penalty....and they missed it!!!.....then 2 minutes later....another injury time penalty....which they scored!!! - Ever feel like this game cheats you?

FAcupFinal.jpg

Unlucky in the final mate, where was that extra 1 person in the attendance? Too many prawn sandwiches me thinks. icon_wink.gif

Congrats on winning the title tho, do you reckon your squand can cut it in the Prem? Livi looks great, not quite as good stats as mine but it doesn't matter as long as he's scoring I guess. Spillane never turned out that good on my game but he seems solid on yours, some mental attribues are a bit of a worry for the Prem but can't be too picky. And Antonio, what can I say? Looks like and amazing winger, great player.

Oh and yeah I always have similar problems against Arsenal, we'd hit the bar, post you name it and their keeper would always be on fire, then they'd have a few shots and bam you've lost. icon_frown.gif

I'm gunna need some better defenders and a better DM for the prem, fairly happy elsewhere.

Already got afew players due to arrive when the window opens:

Jack Hobbs - DC - 1m

Preseton Edwards - GK - FREE

Jordan Spence - DC - 2m

Kasper Schmeichel - GK - FREE

Alou Dirra - DM- FREE

Quite happy with those early additions, Dirra in particualr is simply amazing, I reckon one of the best DMs in the game right now. Gunna have 4 GKs viving for a number 1 shirt, so somebody will have to go. Need a better DR and DL though really.....trying to get Wayne Bridge in right now (2m).

Right, got afew of those prices slightly wrong, but was trying to remember them off the top of my head! Here's the transfers for my first season in the prem....it's been a busy couple of months. Sadly we lost our best player again in Cathcart (who was already captain), but it was pretty good money and he's been more than replaced in cahais.

premtransfers.jpg

Very happy with the defencsive signings, and Walter is simply amazing! He's got 6 goals in his first 3 leagues apps so far.

And here's the result of those goals....it appear we've got a thing for the 3-2 scoreline, but a very impressive start to the first seaosn i think - What's the best first prem season with Oxford so far?

premfixtures.jpg

Haha great, only 33 more 3-2s to go! icon_wink.gif

I might be mistaken but I think my 3rd place is the current holder, so good luck with that. icon_wink.gif

Nice signings anyway, Walter sounds fantastic, any chance of a screenie pls? Bocaly, Diarra, Troare, Cahais all great, well played. icon14.gif

Hi...just started an oxford game about a few days ago,halfway into the season now,sitting comfortably at the top....However i can't get a work permit for musasa..are u guys playing on the 8.02 patch?

haha4456, never had Musasa myself but as far as I know everyone on here is playing with the 8.0.2 patch. Good luck with the rest of the season. icon_smile.gif

laurence, well done on getting to the Prem: fantastic achievement! icon_smile.gif

DR: Garry Bocaly, Ilsinho

DL: Christian Pander, Taye Taiwo, Matais Cahais

DC: Mamadou Sakho, Miranda, Pichu Atienza

Good luck. icon14.gif

hey guys,

looks like an awesome thread you've got going here, ive been reading the first 30 or so pages, taken me nearly 3 days icon_smile.gif

am going to start a new game with the mighty U's, i dont live that far from them in real life and have even been to the kassam last season.

hey guys,just got promoted to league 2,but i am in a dilema on how to strengthen my squad, ihave been depending alot on loan signings this season and i hope to get some players to gain automatic promotion to league one,i have got quite some money to spare..anyone have any ideas?Ganea doesn't wants to come yet.he is not interested... icon_smile.gif

Archived