Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

Just beat Norwich in the 4th Round of the F.A Cup! I've now got West Ham at home in the next round, No w 6 points clear at the top on same games played to everyone else.

About to play Burton in the 5th Round of the SS(Setanta Shield) 5th round too. If i win then i go to play Crawley the next.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this thread has exploded since I quit to do my exams. Anyway, not posted since page 50 or so, but I've managed to find a little time to finish my 3rd season.

The squad is fantastic, don't think I'm really going to need any changes for the championship, although I'm sure to lose my best players again as they seem to get sold every season.

Heres the results:

league1end.jpg

Here's the Squad:

Squad2010.jpg

Both more than happy to come as long as I guarenteed promotion, and paid them rather large apperance fees.

I spent around 6m getitng the tweo of them though (pretty much the entire budget)...got 5m for selling my great winger to plymouth (board accepted over my head).

holidayed like the last 8 games or so since i can't await to get to league 1. icon_wink.gif lost the JPT final to leeds 0-2. totally undeserved. we dominated them in 1st half but were unlucky not to score. lafferty scored two quick goal for leeds after HT and that was it.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi starting as Oxford as it looks great. Who will I sign, who will I sell?

nice Frazza Pee! welcome mate!

GK: Get someone on loan (Edwards was good for me, also Forecast)

DR: Loans are the best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez. Also Cristea if you can get him.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Boubacar Balde has also been great and can also play right wing or upfront. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Get a parent club as well: good luck! Smile Thumbs Up

thats the list that Matt has compiled during the thread. if needing any more help just ask.

just make sure you pack out with loans!

Ebanks Blake!!

here's my squad for the 2nd season. the board gave me just €1.1M for transfers so i'll bring in some loans. still there are some players left who'll be sorted out like ledgister, murray, blomkvist, ibrakovic, maybe nylen.

40877168yl3.jpg

any suggestions?

and btw i dunno how you manage this but i've big problems signing non-EU players because i almost never get a WP.

I've just got onto it now and i am into 2nd season with 220k to spend. 6.34k wage left available and was wonder if i could be told a few players? Board want me to finish Mid table and i am 2/1 to winning the league.

Main positions are:

GK

LB

RM

ST's

alright lads, decided yesterday that i finally was detirmined to get oxford to the prem! i keep playing round with loads of games but the oxford temptation brang me back! 22 games into league 2 and im top by 10 points, asked for extra transfer budget and i got a 1.5 mill icon_eek.gif ganea is coming in january (get in), wellington from sao paulo, a regen and a couple of others, will post some updates soon

bawbag, great decision rejecting the offer mate, United has got nothing on Oxford! icon_biggrin.gif

As for the MR Salomonsson was great for me even in League 1, only lost his place in the Champonship cos of Lulinha but Sburlea can do a great job there. icon14.gif

Tom, should have copyrighted that list. icon_wink.gif

jaaaws, I would say a new DM would be good, and seeing as you can't get Bernardo and your squad is pretty young I would suggest getting someone experienced in for the time being, look around the Premiership reserves for the best options. Also maybe a loan to cover at DC and if you sell Ibrakovic then a loan at DR as well.

I would keep Nylen btw, his versatility will come in useful and he's much better than the coaches say he is.

GK: Jourdren

DR: Dembele

DL: Tierney (defensive)/Dubarbier (attacking)

DC: Chalwe

DC: Sabic

DMC: Soley

DMC: New signing

AMC: Salomonsson

AMC: Scanell

AMC: Puri (new signing if he's not good enough, maybe a loan)

FC: GANEA!

You should breeze past the league. Good luck icon_smile.gif

Craig:

GK: Scribe, Makriadze, Jourdren, Czaplinski

DL: Tierney, Dubarbier

MR: What's wrong with Salomonsson? icon_wink.gif Try Grendel or Nylen

ST: Seeing as you can't afford Ganea, try Musasa, Agouda, Sburlea or maybe a loan again.

Good luck mate. icon14.gif

ypresfr

I think i am going to be ok. 11 games in and i am top of the league. Tomi Ameobi + Harsayni upfront for me and they are both working a treat.

Also managed to sign a RB, Erik Lund for back up on a free, Constantine on a free, Rhys Taylor + Tiawo on loan from parent club chelsea, Scott mcleish on a free, Maghoma on loan, John Bateman as a back up keeper.

3.7M in bank balance now, Wohoo!

ypresfr thanks, very helpful. right before the first league game i got my transfers sorted. here they are:

transfersqw0.jpg

And Eino Puri has been doing very well in the preseason friendlies. In 6 apps the bagged 3 goals and got 5 assists.

maybe i'll get one more striker on loan, since im playing a tactic with 2 strikers. that's why i brought in bent for free as a backup. sean scannell could play upfront as well but i'm not sure if he's doing well there.

Nice signings Craig, you'll be fine. icon14.gif

jaaaws, no problem mate. Andronic and Mills are all the backup you need for DC so there is now fine. Is one of the new signings a DMC? Sorry don't know Laurant and the unfortunately named Randy Rustenberg! icon_razz.gif

Yep, Laurant ist a DMC. Need only one as a backup for Soley.

laurantsv7.jpg

Randy Rutenberg is a backup for Tierney since i'm playing Dubarbier as an AML.

I'm really satisfied with the squad now. Especially the DCs Mills, Andronic, Chalwe and Sabic are all amazing.

My first XI will prob. look like this

GK: Jourdren (Czaplisnki)

DR: Dembelé (Ibrakovic) - Dembelé is chased by some bigger clubs from France like Monaco etc.

DL: Tierney/Rutenberg

DC: Mills (Sabic)

DC: Chalwe (Andronic)

MC: Soley (Laurant/S. Puri)

AML: Dubarbier (Salem/Galkauskas) Galkauskas is a very talented regen

AMR: Salomonsson/Scannell (Nylen)

AMC: E. Puri/Scannell

ST: Ganea

ST: Musasa (Bent)

rutenbjk9.jpg

okkk so just a january transfer update, 12 points clear at the top and teams really playing well, transfers for this season:

Transfers

i also managed to get in a couple of regens, look pretty decent :

Hristiyan Petrov

And this lad:

Madalin Lohan

Definetely think he could become a quality player, certainly Petrov is ready for first team football, what you think guys?

Originally posted by jess boi:

jaws can i ask where you downloaded them logos from mate?

Look at the Sortitoutsi subforum for logos. they're called "all in one" i am sure you'll find some downloads there. (dunno if it is allowed to post links here icon_wink.gif )

hey Thandui welcome mate! well not sure really i had alot of success with my tactic playing a 4-5-1 with a DM and 2 attacking wingers. a 4-4-2 works well in the BSP and League two though, should be okay with any tactic tbh.

jessboi looking good mate shouldnt be too long until you get it.

Guess League 1 will be another walkover. after 10 games sitting on top of the standings with 8-1-1.

Carling Cup: currently round 4 vs blackburn rovers after defeating premier league side sunderland on the 3rd on pens

JPT: 2nd round vs northampton town.

Musasa has been immense so far. Ganea is not the star on my team as in your games btw. guess he is too slow for my tactic (that's why musasa gets most of the goals).

jaaws great result icon14.gif i agree ganea isnt really that fast but i think his technical ability and finishing is better than musasa, i cuurently have mazzola holding a first team place, although i tend to rotate between him and ganea

I sold musasa for 250k to stoke, was i ripped off lol

Need help again, Or dont i?

Well i am into League 1.. Wohoo.. Back to back promotions feels good.

Well i have got 1.3M to spend, With wages of 13k left.

So far i have bought(on a free):

Sburlea = Brilliant!

Bruno N'Gotty

Marcus Hall

Lee Trundle

Nicky Butt

But the thing is they are just for backup apart fron Trundle + Butt(until i find better)

So here we go again.. Needing help. 3rd season it is btw.

Looking for:

2x GKs.

Future LB, CB + RB

LM

CM

2x STs.

Thanks people for the help again!

craig well dun ate, im 5 games away from league one, in terms of goalkeepers i would recommend:

Johnny Lund(leeds)

Anthony Scribe

LB i tend to struggle with, have a look for some regens icon14.gif

you mat already have him but Jose San Roman for right back

wellington of sao paulo is amazing for me, highly recommend he has a minimum fee release clause off 300k

in the striking departmeny, u may already have them but:

Nicholas Mazzola ( Independiente)

L ganea- u probably have him lol

again there are usually plently of regens, just try all countys under 21's and under 19's, i found a striker from slovenia with a PA of 171

good luck btw icon14.gif

rfcabd welcome mate, ull find lots of helpful advice here, have a look through the last few pages ull fidn lots of recommendations icon14.gif

dexta should have the robotic copy and paste list of recommended players lol

Craig, haha Bruno: Bolton legend but a bit old if I may say so, good backup tho and great for tutoring.

Thanks for the easy task btw, that's basically a whole team at League 1 standard for £1.3 mill and £13k wages, cheers. icon_wink.gif

GK: Scribe, Makriadze, Czaplinski. Loan/regen.

DR: San Roman. Loan/regen.

DL: Dubarbier. Loan/regen.

DC: Anderson Bamba, Chalwe, Duquesnoy, David Yepes, Obama. Loan/regen.

MC: Bernardo, Elvio Martinez, Mark Davies, Richard Hughes, Tamir Cohen. Loan/regen.

ML: Dubarbier, Grendel. Loan/regen.

ST: Sburlea is fine. Agouda, Musasa, Mazzola, Ganea. Loan/regen.

Get the message about loans and regens? icon_wink.gif

Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

rfcabd, good choice mate, enjoy! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

jesse, have you been living on the moon for the last 5 pages? icon_wink.gif

oxfordwinchampionsleaguom7.jpg

And yeah, I'm having a break and starting again with the mighty (Bolton) Wanderers! Just thought there was nothing important left to win tbh.

I'll still be here for advice tho. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Nice signings mate, don't forget about Soley, offer him a trial first to get his wage demands down. Try and get Nylen and Sabic as well if you can. icon14.gif

Cheers. I tried for Sabic on a free, but he signed a new contract with his team and is now worht £35k, a bit out of my way just now. I've kept him on the shortlst, though.

ive noticed ive never posted a screenshot properly before lol to get the pic to automatically appear what do i do differently as on photobucket there is no choice to host the imagae, is tagging the same, thanks icon14.gif

Archived