Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraser, he looks fantastic mate, and he has a higher PA then Wellington (he has 198). Make sure you give him enough match practice etc. icon14.gif

jess, that's fine mate, let's hope you have more luck with finding players in your next game. icon_smile.gif

lol mate hes amazing, yehh i just wantto start with a better database, honestly theres alot of teams on the medium database that are half full, alot of european nations missing younger ages so im starting fresh, btw jw what is a -10 pa? why is it minus, always wondered icon_confused.gif

Seems like oxford is a popular team to be on fm so i thought id give it a shot, anyone recommend any signings for my first season? pretty clueless on which players are good for blue square.

skogmantore, sorry mate but what exactly is the problem? Do the players not want to come to you or do you not have enough money/wages? icon_confused.gif

Fraser, is that Genie Scout your using mate? I've downloaded it but when I come to load my game it says it isn't valid, can you shed any light onto this?

Fatt, good choice mate, nice to have you on board:

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me, also Preston Edwards)

DR: Loans are he best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Originally posted by ypresfr:

skogmantore, sorry mate but what exactly is the problem? Do the players not want to come to you or do you not have enough money/wages? icon_confused.gif

Fraser, is that Genie Scout your using mate? I've downloaded it but when I come to load my game it says it isn't valid, can you shed any light onto this?

Maybe it's just my inexperience with lower leagues, but I thought Sabic on a free would not be a problem. He wants to come on a free, but still it says I'm lacking funds to complete the transfer... I'll sort it out, thanks for trying.

With some players when you "approach to sign" you need to pay compensation, and for Sabic that is true. Try for Emil Salomonsson, you shouldn't need to pay compensation for him. icon14.gif

That worked. Seems like a quality siging!

Originally posted by skogmantore:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ypresfr:

With some players when you "approach to sign" you need to pay compensation, and for Sabic that is true. Try for Emil Salomonsson, you shouldn't need to pay compensation for him. icon14.gif

That worked. Seems like a quality siging! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah he's great: good enough for the Championship imo. icon_smile.gif

Yeah, German AMRC used to play for Borussia Moenchengladbach right?

Yeah do you know if he develops well cause I just got him for 3 mil and i don't know if he's any good my scout said he's good but i don't trust them

Can someone tell me a good RB to get on loan as the loan deadline is at the end of the week

as Jordan Collins(previous loaned in RB) is out for 2 months so theres no point renewing it

Originally posted by Recky_D:

Can someone tell me a good RB to get on loan as the loan deadline is at the end of the week

as Jordan Collins(previous loaned in RB) is out for 2 months so theres no point renewing it

Deadline has passed managed to get a replacement in after Zakuni, Primus, Keogh, Henry, Bardsley and Alcides rejected me i signed Ritchie De Laet from Stoke hopefully will be able to prove himself

I finally signed Ganea. Offered him 3.3k per week (highest possible), 50k sign on fee, 650 app fee, 650 goal score fee 25% yearly increase and a relegation release clause. He is now being paid 3 times as much as my next high pay player (Musasa).

I did offer him a new contract immediately after he signed and got him to accept 5% yearly increase instead :p

btw fraser you know that the genie scout only shows them if they hit full potential! and that doesnt usually happen well not often! you need 7 star coaches and top training facilities really to hit the top of their PA. and also need to treat them right if you play them too much when they are young you risk burning them out and then they wont get near their PA.

dunno if you know tthis but just letting you know anyways lol.

its hard to keep up with this thread lol welcome skogmantore and Fatt! good luck guys!

This season i have started with Oxford looks and feels amazing. Signed like.. 9 of those players named on that list from yesterday that i got for suggestions.

I don't think i will have too many problems winning this league. Looking at them 2 keepers on the list see if i can get one of them on loan for the season.

How much do Oxford usually end up with if you go up and have 3.48k wage over the budget?

Tom, you're tactic is working amazingly (Played 14, Won 14 in all comps) but I'm still having trouble with the MC with the farrow. I've played Francisco there most of the season (Played 8, Scored 0, Assists 2) so he's not played very well and I've also tried Bernardo and Luis Jimenez there to no avail. Should I be looking to buy someone else in this position (or maybe a winger and move Wellington there) or do you have any ideas as to how to change the team instructions or perhaps what stats a player needs to play there successfully? Thanks mate. icon_smile.gif

Archived