Over-rated players

TigerTime

As a liverpool fan, I think Torres is underrated. He begins the game with his finishing and first touch 15... yeah right.

Aiden McGeady, Carlos Cuellar are under rated.

Overated: Daniel Alves.

And also; Lampard, Joe Cole, WrightPhillips...

In fact the whole Chelsea squad.

Ps: I'm not just being bitter abount Riise's own goal icon_mad.gif lol.

Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Remalap:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

i cant believe you would say agbonlahor is underrated.

I agree with you. Gabby's work rate & stamina should definately be higher than they are. During the season his strength, heading and finishing have improved very impressively, but as player stats were all set at the start of the season, and oviously the researchers can't see into the future they can be forgiven!

I am expecting great things for FM08 though, for him and Ashley Young.

Of course, I'm saying this as a Villa fan, so there's obvious bias there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is nothing biased about saying that. its all true and i am an arsenal fan. btw congrats on villa hammering b'ham 5-1. oh yes, didnt gabby get a goal. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, pretty good feeling! Still riding the high and it's wednesday, haha.

Yeah Gabby got a goal but it was classy Young who really ran the show

I dont think Torres is underated. His finishing and composure may only be 15 at the start, but by xmas their up2 16each, and hes alsways banged in the goals for me.

Overrated:

Kuyt

Robinson

The mental stats of players in Holland - theyre amazing!

Underrated:

Ronaldo - I always up his stats despite despising the little ****

Daniel Alves

Riise icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by serek:

Jimenez, Stancu. Very overrated.

Stancu is/was being scouted by a few prem clubs and quite a few UEFA cup sides, last I checked. He was overrated in 8.0.1 but now his stats seem fair (only really watched him for Romania though)

Originally posted by joe seddon:

So are other gems in the game:

Piatti

Saivet

You have no idea what you're talking about, Piatti is already a class act and is only going to get better. Haven't seen enough of Saivet to comment but I'll wager neither have you.

Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serek:

Stancu is/was being scouted by a few prem clubs and quite a few UEFA cup sides, last I checked. He was overrated in 8.0.1 but now his stats seem fair (only really watched him for Romania though)

Piatti

Saivet

You have no idea what you're talking about, Piatti is already a class act and is only going to get better. Haven't seen enough of Saivet to comment but I'll wager neither have you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They might turn out good but not into world beaters like on FM.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serek:

Piatti

Saivet

You have no idea what you're talking about, Piatti is already a class act and is only going to get better. Haven't seen enough of Saivet to comment but I'll wager neither have you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They might turn out good but not into world beaters like on FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen enough of them to know that though?

Originally posted by LiverpoolSimplyTheBest:

Don't see how Agbonlahor is overrated, he's about right really.

Anderson underrated? Nah, no surprise though seeing as you're one of those lot who thinks he's better than Iniesta though.

I'd say his tackling, positioning, strength and off the ball need improving, other than that, he's about right tbh.

Originally posted by Mihk3l:

Dirk Kuyt is definately overrated, I hate that ****, scores wondergoals against but irl he can't iven put a sitter into the net.

In a game against a friend he had Kuyt and Adebayor upfront for Arsenal, they creamed the place...it was painful. Both rated FAR too highly.

...nah this is starting to annoy me a tad...

england DO have brilliant players.

regularly an english player will be around the european player of the year award, pfa award etc...

i mean, just because we had a crap manager and got a bit unlucky at times doesnt mean our players are crap...

the reason why it's unrealistic that england would win the next world cup, is because players like gerrard and lampard don't play anything like they do at their clubs, but how is the game supposed to represent that?

on paper, england have probably the best backline in the world

on paper, england have 2 of the best midfielders on the game, aswell as other young talents.

on paper, owen, if not injured is a proven goalscorer, and rooney is just...rooney

however, that's just on paper, statistics and such, which is what football manager is based upon

sooo there. that is why english players are not over-rated, purely over-priced and cannot play well together

well that's my bit said...

also, silva, ibra and a few others are very over-rated

but i think the best solution for this is to just play the game and accept it icon_biggrin.gif

Arsenal F.C - They won back to back quadruples on of my games(which was quickly deleted) icon_mad.gif

Messi is woefully under-rated I was at the United vs Barca match and the little sod had me s**ting a brick for 90 mins, Iv never seen dribbling and a first touch of that standard before in my life. Nobody could touch him. We were just greatful Barca's other players were sh*t. lol

As for Rooney he has done alot of "unglamorous" work for us this season. Ronaldo would'nt have half the goals if it wasnt for Rooneys donkey work. If anything rooney is under-rated!

• 2 months later...

ronaldo - off the ball needs increased. finishing is fine at 15 as he hits mostly tap ins and decisions should actually be lowered as he goes for the wrong option a lot when there is an early pass needed he hangs onto it.

flamini - better mental stats, lower technical stats. for me he plays it to fabregas and not much else. although very good player.

elano - ridiculously overrated in every way.

silva - slightly over-rated.

adebayor - lower stats slightly. its really a fault in the game system which allows his as much goals as it is more biased towards big players than positioning.

messi - should have 20 dribbling, technique, agility and balance. the lad is a genius when it comes to beating players. how i wish he played for us...!

mutu - seems to be a beast in the game. good irl but not that good!

kuyt - does not have a first touch of 20.

modric - for me, overrated. i dont know if its the physical conditions of the premier league but he hasnt done it so far for me.

mcgeady - actually a very fast skillful player. great cross!

over rated players

adebayor (30+ a season every season dont think so)

zlatan (he is only good cos italy is so slow, put him in the prem - really quick league or la liga -technical he would struggle majorly

rossi - he always goes for 30m + in my games, i had him when i was villarreal - utter gobsh!te

rooney - the boy scored 5 against me when i had 2 men tightly marking him and hard tackles and he gets 30 goals also. if im right he barely got 20 last year. plus he is a fat ****

aiden mcgeady - despite me being a celtic fan, mcgeady is half a player. he has tricks he is quick and goes by players BUT...........Horrible final ball 99% of the time, cant shoot can barely pass too.

over-rated teams

arsenal - just crap full stop. will never win anything with wenger persisting to buy teenagers

england - always win the 2010 world cup and in the top 3 in the world. irl they are 15th - wont accept a friendly with the auld enemy as we would give them a real game and possibly over take them in the rankings. and the fact they are struggling immensely just now.

under rated players

carlos cuellar - now at villa. (guy is awesome. he is a rock, top 10 defender in the prem league)

ronaldo - he never does anything for man u in fm, your lucky if he bags 10 goals and assists a season.

i hate him but ther ya go

david healy - great finisher yet finishing is on 13 wtf

under-rated teams

villa - martin o'neill is in the top 4 of managers in the league cos he is a great tactian and man manager. villa also have a very strong team but struggle to make mid table.

hibs - hibs bring through so many good young players yet top 6 is all they get anf the fact if they sell these players they always buy good quality in and struggle

scotland - 16th in the world now, beat france home and away and kept clean sheets, most teams struggle against them and yet the once again are over looked

n ireland - an awesome campaign and david healy bangs them in for fun yet they struggle against mediocre teams ie lithuania

to the guys ihsaan and serek

piatti signed for almeria this year in a 5.5m deal and it could rise to 7m on appearences, considering in fm you pick him up for 500k not too bad is it, plus if your a lower team he shines.....constantly

and saivet is being linked with most of europe again!

wow tartan, anyone would think your a scotland fan

arsenal are crap? well what does that make celtic who barely ever get out their cl group and play in one of the worst domestic leagues in europe?

adebayor just had a 30 goals season lol

and who did scotland lose against again a week on saterday ago?

your points are obviously not factual

Ibrahimović is most over rated player... Elano is also very overrated. Well there are many players that are over rated. But seeing the real world football Sissoko and Benzema need a lot higher stats, also Chiellini would need a boost.

Agreed with everything you have said except for Sissoko (As I haven't seen him play much IRL)

Stats might not look good, but IIRC he's two footed, right?

He also has a big PA, and always performs.

IMO he doesn't deserve a boost, nor a reduction.

He can use both feet yes (His left foot is fairly strong, his right very strong), his PA is near enough and he has 16(IIRC) hidden stat for performing in big games. But some of his stats are lower than they should be. If you saw/see him play regularly in real life and you would agree I’m sure.

I'm not talking about altering him massively, but he is no where near over-rated in FM08 o/

Agreed with everything you have said except for Sissoko (As I haven't seen him play much IRL)

He has improved a lot from the Liverpool times, I wasnt a big fan about his move to Juventus but after I saw some of his games I was so amazed that L'pool sold him, what an awesome player. Really watch some Juventus game, and you'll see what I mean. In the game vs Zenit in the Champions League two days ago, he was a monster.

I didn't see Momo a ton for L'pool, but when I did I saw a strong, hard worker, that could make a pass once in awhile. His stats reflect what he was at Liverpool. Haven't seen him play for Juve yet though. Yeah, Benzema's just fine, he has 4th or 5th highest PA for young strikers.

Yeah, the only ones higher than him are Rooney, Tevez, Robinho, Aguero

One thing I think is over rated is Aguero's determination. In the Argentina v Australia game, where he couldn't get anything going, he looked like he didn't even care.

Archived