FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

I need opinions on something myself. I'm a few games into my 3rd season with the Reds and have a very strong team. I need advice on who to play where.

Reina

Itanje

Zaccardo

Arbeloa

Riise

Taiwo

Agger

Carragher

Skrtel

Sakho

Lucas

Mascherano

Gerrard

Messi

Babel

Menez

Fernandez

Saivet

Aguero

Crouch

Torres

I've recently bought Messi for 47m. I use a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and am wondering where to play him. Last season I had Fernandez on the left, Gerrard in AMC and Babel on the right. Obv Messi is one of the best players on the game and irl so he must play. But who do demote to the bench? On paper i'd normally say Babel but he got voted player of the year both in the Premier League and by Liverpool suppoerters. What would your starting 3 in those postions be?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets join the discussion

my team 4th season

reina

richards carra agger marcelo

masch

thiago gerrard sergio mota

torres saivet/aguero

subs

bouzanis

breno

owen

inigo rodriguez

babel

lucas

some left att mid regen who will be better than mota

thaigos pa is 190 and is retrained at amr

gerrard plays well where he is

marcelo is very good left back with the most tackles average per game in league

thoughts on how to improve

Originally posted by lfc7:

need opinions am in my 1st season on jan 1st valencia offered 12m for agger i sent back 12m plus 10m after 30 app they have now come back with that offer am tempted as am 8m in debt am playing with the 252m debt on the club to the chairman so could do with the money i have carra,agger,barzagli and hyypia i also have skrtel in res but am looking on selling him what do you think sell or not ?

I wouldn't sell Agger. I'd sell Hyypia and Skrtel before Agger.

Just finished my first season at Liverpool as Premiership champions!

I beat Man Utd 5-1 on the last day to secure the title on GD from Chelsea. Going into the match I was top on GD from Chelsea and just 1 point ahead of United but I got the win thanks to a Torres hat-trick and 2 from Aguero.

Torres ended the season with 20 league goals and 31 overall, Aguero 17 league goals and 25 overall. Matias Fernandez ended up with 27 assists for the season as well as 10 goals.

My squad looks like this:

GK. Reina, Itandje

RB. Finnan, Arbeloa

LB. Riise, Insua

CB. Carragher, Skrtel

CB. Agger, Hyypia

DM. Mascherano, Alonso, Lucas

RM. Gerrard, Pennant

LM. Benayoun, Babel, Fernandez

AM. Fernandez, Aguero, Gerrard

STR. Aguero, Kuyt

STR. Torres, Crouch

Itandje, Pennant and if I get good enough offers Crouch and Alonso will be off in the summer though, the budget will decide who replaces them.

Not a bad first season really. Knocked out of CL by Chelsea in the QF on away goals and both domestic cups in the 4th round but with the league in the bag I at least have something to build on.

need v.fast response if possible its 29th jan in season 1 am joint pts with man utd in the lge not doing too bad in the cups the thing is arsenal got rid of wenger and brought some spanish fella in he bid 11m for alonso i sent back 30m thinking it would scare him off but he has come back with a bid of 30m all upfront i only use 1 cm where alonso has been 1st choice as i play gerrard on the right mid position .alonso has a rating of 7.26 hes played 26 games,6 goals,8 assists i have javi martinez as backup to alonso would you sell alonso or not ?

At that point I would say no but Alonso is key in my team. Do you still have Lucas? He might provide cover till the end of the season. But you won't get someone of Alonso's quality to replace him in a January windown.

If it was £40m I'd be more tempted.

Go back and say you want a straight swap with Fabregas icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by lfc7:

need v.fast response if possible its 29th jan in season 1 am joint pts with man utd in the lge not doing too bad in the cups the thing is arsenal got rid of wenger and brought some spanish fella in he bid 11m for alonso i sent back 30m thinking it would scare him off but he has come back with a bid of 30m all upfront i only use 1 cm where alonso has been 1st choice as i play gerrard on the right mid position .alonso has a rating of 7.26 hes played 26 games,6 goals,8 assists i have javi martinez as backup to alonso would you sell alonso or not ?

Personally, nope I wouldn't sell Alonso at all. Key player in my squad. I would sell Mascherano before Alonso.

I need some advice. After the 2010 World Cup a number of international managers were sacked. I applied for the jobs for England and Brazil. Truns out I have been offered both jobs. I';m inclined toi accept one and combine the international job with Liverpool.

Which job offer should I accept, England or Brazil?

Just won my second successive title 2009/2010.

Going to experiment with tactics this season to try and win the champions league. Just haven't mastered it yet.

Squd going into next season:

GK - Reina, Carson

RB - Barragan, Vanden Borre

LB - Bale, Insua

CB - Agger, Taylor

CB - Kompany, Carragher

RM - Lennon, Navas

LM - Silva, Dos Santos

CM - Gerrard, Lucas

CM - Alonso, Mascherano

AM - Diego (god), Nasri

FC - Torres, Bojan

I feel this is the best squad ive ever put together on a football manager game, especially in a few seasons time.

id say england more of a challenge got a dilemma myself after the african cup of nations ivory coast sacked there manager so i went for job and they offered me it they have good players like toure ,eboue ,drogba etc would you accept or not?

i think its a load of bulls**t how do we owe hicks and gillet 2m a mth its so unrealistic i have downloaded the patch but havnt installed it yet as am playing a liverpool save on 8.01 am in march and am already 20m in the red might just be tempted to put it to 0 using fmm but i hate cheating as it gets boring but its so unrealistic

il be honest wont really be a dic takeover, just more of delete debts change one name

we do have a good transfer budget mind

and i do bring positive news in the way that, we dont have to spend that nice budget on mascherano all we have to do is offer a new contract

however ive only just noticed that if you sell him, 80% even after a new contract goes to a third party. so hes not gunna go anywhere really lol

That's the default title challenge budget but if you declare title winners you get 35.5 mil as your budget which is cool but the debts suck.

Oh and to point out that Lauri Dalla Valle is ours as we apparently bought him for 85k in November? Do we even know he's with the club irl.

am in pre-season (season 2) won the lge and fa cup 1st season alonso was immense for me in the 1 cm slot in my team madrid are after him tried to scare them off asking for 36m upfront plus 50% of next sale and they have come back with that offer he wants to discuss terms so i know if i dont accept he will be unhappy so i need a replacement i have gerrard but i play him rm (hes playing brilliant there) and i have masc and lucas for me dmc slot so it leaves me with just javi martinez for the cm slot i scouted toulalan (sp) but my scouts said he wont be intrested is there anyone else of that quality i could get? am playing on 8.01 btw thanks for help

Well I accepted the job with Brazil and turned down the England job. I thought it would help me when trying to sign Brazillian players to Liverpool.

Also joy, I landed Fabregas. Cost me a fair bit but I landed him. Now I am over stocked in midfield. I have-

Stevie G

Alonso

Mascherano

Lucas

Diego (signed him from Werder Bremen and have had him for 2 years)

Fabregas

I think it might be time to sell someone as I can't keep all that talent happy in midfield (my wingers are Messi, Joaquin, Babel, Motti so I won't be selling them).

From what I have read with have annual interest payment of around £28million IRL. This includes the £105mill debt on the club + the rest on Kop Holdings which we (Liverpool F.C) will have to service in the form of dividends to Hicks and Gillet.

The games debt seems to be 3/5mill too high so edit it accordingly. Take off around 460k a month in payments.

Yes, we have signed Lauri Dalla Valle IRL.

Originally posted by Dmc1759:

well loan dect of 350.............that bad in comparison to the last one, or is it looking like well have to edit that away especially considering news sources recently have it somewhere between 130 - 105

But the debt on Kop Holdings and Hicks and Gillett will be paid by the clubs profits and so will the £30m p/a interest payments. So it's realistic. And god knows why we have so much to spend because unless DIC or someone else come in, we could be looking at very small budgets until the new stadium is built.

its still a 61 thousand seater

so theyve updated the bank debts caused by the bigger staium, without actually giving us the new bigger stadium

i think we need to create a list of whats a realistic edit. i dont wanna just edit away all the debts, because most clubs have them.

but i just want it to be realistic

its still a 61 thousand seater

so theyve updated the bank debts caused by the bigger staium, without actually giving us the new bigger stadium

i think we need to create a list of whats a realistic edit. i dont wanna just edit away all the debts, because most clubs have them.

but i just want it to be realistic

The current debt is roughly to do with the money H & G paid for the club + debts already on the club + 07/08 summers transfer budget + £50mill to get the stadium started. Infact we should be a total of £600/700mill in debt once the stadium is built. That's roughly £60mill a year interest to pay.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Shall I sell Alonso for

10mil now, 50% of the next transfer fee, 13.5mil after 10 games, a buy back clause of 23mil and the transfer goes through at the end of the season.

Of courseyou should:P they pay a total of 23,5 million and you can buy him back for 23 million :p also 50% off that means 11,5 million

so sell him, let him play 10 games then buy him back

So what is the expected capacity of our new stadium at this point then??

and what can it be developed too

IRL 71,000 so that will need to be manually edited aswell.

What with the stat decreases on most players think I'll grab an unofficial update and start a new game instead of installing the 8.0.2 patch.

Originally posted by Simme:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Shall I sell Alonso for

10mil now, 50% of the next transfer fee, 13.5mil after 10 games, a buy back clause of 23mil and the transfer goes through at the end of the season.

Of courseyou should:P they pay a total of 23,5 million and you can buy him back for 23 million :p also 50% off that means 11,5 million

so sell him, let him play 10 games then buy him back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but what if he doesn't want to come back icon_frown.gif

Archived