FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

i jus downloaded the new 801 patch and guna be starting a new game what players would be gd to buy? i play 3 cb's, 1 dm, 2 cm, 1 amr, 1aml and the usual 2 strikers

reina

carragher--agger----hyypia

sissoko/lucas

gerrard---mascherano/alonso

babel/kuyt kewell/leto

torres crouch

any ideas who i should buy?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

i jus downloaded the new 801 patch and guna be starting a new game what players would be gd to buy? i play 3 cb's, 1 dm, 2 cm, 1 amr, 1aml and the usual 2 strikers

reina

carragher--agger----hyypia

sissoko/lucas

gerrard---mascherano/alonso

babel/kuyt kewell/leto

torres crouch

any ideas who i should buy?

Banega-CM plays for Boca and will cost u 3-4m but he becomes one of the best CM in the game

Breno-CB plays for Sao Paulo and will cost u about 5-7m

Samba-CB plays for Blackburn and will cost u 500k-1m

Ignashish-CB plays for CSKA Moscow and u can get him on a free transfer.He will make a good back-up

If u can get enough money u should also buy

Aguero and M.Richards

SZJ when are you planning on uploading your tactic? Don't think I have the sanity to start a new game without it. Also, when you upload it if you don't mind noting whether I should use Torres and Crouch as target, or who I should set to a playmaker if neccesary I'd appreciate it, thanks. I'm looking to get the most out of Gerrard and Torres this time around, which should translate into some kind of success for once post-patch!

Originally posted by youri8:

SZJ when are you planning on uploading your tactic? Don't think I have the sanity to start a new game without it. Also, when you upload it if you don't mind noting whether I should use Torres and Crouch as target, or who I should set to a playmaker if neccesary I'd appreciate it, thanks. I'm looking to get the most out of Gerrard and Torres this time around, which should translate into some kind of success for once post-patch!

My tactic will be uploaded in a few minutes.

Use Torres as your target man and use Gerrard as your playmaker

Originally posted by Smartie:

Hi lads got quite a problem at the moment. Gerrard has been absoloutley shocking averaging barely over 6 a game and has even got a few 5's in some matches. The rest of the team are doing great just not him, he has played 16 scored 1 and assisted 0 so far.

Any tips with his player instructions im currently playing him with a normal/attacking mentality and creative freedom and:

Forward Runs - Often

Run with ball - Mixed

Long shots - Mixed

Through balls - Often

Cross ball - Rarely

Playing him in a flat 442 alongside Mashcerano who is more defensive.

Thanks in advance

Smartie

same for me. he has been very average.

any tips?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Here is the link to my new tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?emfzzgxdlo0

I've just finish my 3th season.I won the Premiership and had a 20 point lead.

I won the Champions League.I beat Lyon 2-0.

And I lost in the FA Cup 2-1 to Aston Villa.

Ok I'm going to give 8.0.1 another try, thank you kindly for your tactic and instructions. Any suggestions on definite transfers in and out for season 1 besides the youth players?

Originally posted by youri8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Here is the link to my new tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?emfzzgxdlo0

I've just finish my 3th season.I won the Premiership and had a 20 point lead.

I won the Champions League.I beat Lyon 2-0.

And I lost in the FA Cup 2-1 to Aston Villa.

Ok I'm going to give 8.0.1 another try, thank you kindly for your tactic and instructions. Any suggestions on definite transfers in and out for season 1 besides the youth players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U should bring in Samba,Banega and Van Der Vaart.

Starting 3rd season and still cant get rid of Benayoun. Nobody will take him even for £0 and %50 sell on fee. Kuyt looks like he's leaving at the end of the season on a Bosman (he's uneeded and I couldnt sell him).

Riise wants to stay, but VDV hates him, and with Insua and Aurelio he's not particularly needed.

Breno has been a MASSIVE disappointment, he simply hasnt gotten good enough to play first team. Played him a dozen times last season and his stats are still sticking at below average and he's not turning in great performances.

I overspent slightly on Rafinha after my first season ( £30mil >_> ) and although he's been useful, not worth what I paid.

Luckily after switching to SZJs tactic, I had enough success in my second season (CL, FA cup & 3rd in prem) to be awarded plenty of money to strengthen my squad for the third season (selling Aaritalo & Alonso for £30mil a piece didnt hurt either).

Current squad:

Bouzanis/Reina

Carragher/Richards/Onuoha/Rafinha/Agger/Insua/Zapata/Aurelio

Lucas/Mascherano/Sissoko/Banega

Gerrard/Fernandez/VDV/Reyes/Babel & Lulinha(just brought up)

Owen/Aguero/Torres

I'm still a little bit worried about my defence, but I think this squad is good enough for a treble if I'm lucky icon_biggrin.gif

Anybody have any suggestions? I think Rafinha/Onuoha/Aurelio & Insua are all quality players, I'm just not sure they're the same quality as the rest of my team.

Originally posted by RaptorJesus:

Starting 3rd season and still cant get rid of Benayoun. Nobody will take him even for £0 and %50 sell on fee. Kuyt looks like he's leaving at the end of the season on a Bosman (he's uneeded and I couldnt sell him).

Riise wants to stay, but VDV hates him, and with Insua and Aurelio he's not particularly needed.

Breno has been a MASSIVE disappointment, he simply hasnt gotten good enough to play first team. Played him a dozen times last season and his stats are still sticking at below average and he's not turning in great performances.

I overspent slightly on Rafinha after my first season ( £30mil >_> ) and although he's been useful, not worth what I paid.

Luckily after switching to SZJs tactic, I had enough success in my second season (CL, FA cup & 3rd in prem) to be awarded plenty of money to strengthen my squad for the third season (selling Aaritalo & Alonso for £30mil a piece didnt hurt either).

Current squad:

Bouzanis/Reina

Carragher/Richards/Onuoha/Rafinha/Agger/Insua/Zapata/Aurelio

Lucas/Mascherano/Sissoko/Banega

Gerrard/Fernandez/VDV/Reyes/Babel & Lulinha(just brought up)

Owen/Aguero/Torres

I'm still a little bit worried about my defence, but I think this squad is good enough for a treble if I'm lucky icon_biggrin.gif

Anybody have any suggestions? I think Rafinha/Onuoha/Aurelio & Insua are all quality players, I'm just not sure they're the same quality as the rest of my team.

U should sell Aurelio and buy Marcelo and u should keep Insua.

you can always get warnock from blackburn for around 2.5m for left back he is very good and home grown helps a lot at european registrations.

ryan taylor for right back from wigan i get him for 4.4m. he is pretty consistent.

and both these players have liverpool as their fav club which is a plus.

Can someone please help me. It's my day off and I'm sitting here on FM. Torres dosen't score or get a rating over 6 the same with SG. I let loads of goals in and can't score any. I sold Kuyt for 30 mil over 24 months and I was unable to spend that money. Please help me (formation, player instrutions ect.. and players to buy).

Thanks

Played 32 matchs and am in 3rd place with 65points, chelsea 67 and utd strolling home with 75 - I lost on penalties in the league cup and the champions league, and lost 2-1 to arsenal at the Emirates - the board are disappointed with me, the fans are disappointed with Aguero, im disappoined with Gerrard to the point where im selling him at the end of the season - dont think his hearts in it anymore. I may bring in that kid from Marseille or I amy use Lucas in the role. Oh yeah, the everpresent "Alonso wants a new challenge" has set in, so Ill likely have to sell him too, IF i dont get sacked. The worst thing about this is that we're PLAYING WELL but not killing off so many sides. Torres has scored 30 goals but his stats have been pretty poor. Amauri has decent stats and a few goals and well, Aguero has been God Awful

One of the few plusses of the season is that Im starting to get the results against the big teams - the only 1 I lost was Arsenal away. beat Utd 3-1, Chelsea 2-1 and Arsenal 4-2 at Anfield with a 0-0 at Old Trafford and a 2-2 at the Bridge from 2-0 down.

So what should one do? Mutual Termination to Gerrard? Aguero to Southampton on Loan? Who will I buy to replace my unperforming midfield? Lulinha is already a done deal, can he play centre midfield? what about renato augusto?

Hopefully Ill get another season to turn it around Ill set you out my team and you can scrutinize and discuss to your little hearts content

GK: Reina, that french bloke (Ijandte?)

Centre Halves:Carragher, Brazagali, Agger, Hypia

Full Backs: Marcelo, Aurelio, Finnan, Arbeloa

Centre Mid: Gerrard, Alonso, Mascharano, Lucas

Wings: Fernandez, Kewell, Babel, Goucruff, D'Alessandro

Forwards: Amauri, Torres, Aguero (boooooo)

So as you can see the squad is there, Hypia will not be getting his contract renewed cause he's 104. I might sell him to Milan, he'd be a rookie in that defence.

Xabi Alonso will probably go too so, another midfielder needed. Im gonna have a heart to heart with Stevie G, see what his long term goals are

So questions to be answered before the next thrilling installment of The Fields of Anfield Road (AKA Let use the Editor)

1. Who should I replace Alonso with?

2. What is Lulinhas natural position?

3. What shall I do with Sergio Aguero?

4. Whats up with S. Gerrard?

5. Will I ever win anything FM08?

Til the next time Amigos, Burjennio out icon14.gif

Originally posted by SteJones:

Can someone please help me. It's my day off and I'm sitting here on FM. Torres dosen't score or get a rating over 6 the same with SG. I let loads of goals in and can't score any. I sold Kuyt for 30 mil over 24 months and I was unable to spend that money. Please help me (formation, player instrutions ect.. and players to buy).

seems like you need a tactic mate. i suggest checking tactics section and try a tactic which suits your squad.

Thanks

Here's my update, in case it may help anyone struggling in a new game.

April 2nd 2008: Played 32 Won 24 Drawn 7 lost 1(Blackburn!). Top of the league by goal difference from Chelsea.

Won league cup. In the semi of FA cup and quarter final of the Champs league.

An average of 2.2 goals scored and 0.5 conceded per match.

This has been achieved through a LOT of tactical changes during games. Basically I have found that a 5-4-1 attacking formation works best at home for me and a 4-1-4-1 counter attacking defensive works best when I am up or away. The tactics I use are either variations on, or direct copies of 'The Winning', BigD, BaseV1 and MacSolid - BigD and MacSolid against weaker teams. I have tested each using my reserve team.

10 coaches on one training level each, so training is one seven stars.

Initial (first team)transfers in: Barzagli ( CLASS ), Fernandez ( 11 gls and 16 assists in 32 games ). In January I sold Finnan(5m), Pennant(6m) and Sissoko(15m) to raise money for new players, but couldn't get the ones I wanted, so I just brought in Cassani(6m) as cover for left and right full back spot. He's doing very well. I did sign Maxi Rogriduez and Riquelme on bosmans for next summer.

I'm playing with WWSM, so the temptation of using FMM to entice players (which I have fallen prey to in FM07 )is gone, and I'm enjoying the game all the more for it.

Best players: Torres (28 in 34) and Babel (!) who I play as a winger drifting in (17 in 35(10 as sub)). Gerrard is playing ok for me, very solid. I use him a lot as he is so versatile, but possibly most effective drifting in from the right wing.

The only downside to the game so far has been on the financial side - club are losing money hand over fist, and the board is disappointed with the clubs finances. Not sure what they expect me to do about it; I've spent 32m, recouped 40 and am under my wage budget. This 2m/mo loan until 2029 is a killer. So far I'm at a loss of ~19m for the season which is almost exactly the interest owed.

Hopefully some success this season will bolster the balance before they sell my best players, as I have heard can happen. I've set all their transfer fees to astronomical levels to make sure it won't.

Can't wait until we move into our new stadium in 2010. I could use the gate receipts...

The transfer window just closed at the start of my 4th season and I got a bit p*ssed with Gillet

Players In:

Piatti(Free)

Higuain(16m)

M.Johnson(8m)

Okaka(Free)

4 Regens(1.5m)one of them has a PA of 199

Adriano(Loan with a view to buy)

Bale(10.75m)

Rafael Forster(Loan)

I also have Akinfeev coming in January for 6m compensation.

Players Out:

9 Youth players(Free)

Assulin(12m Gillet sold him to Chelsea)

Obi Mikel(10m Gillet sold him to Chelsea)

Muamba(9.75m)

Carson(5.25m Gillet sold him)

VDV(30m Gillet sold him)

Pique(14m Gillet sold him)

3 regens(Loan)

Bruna(Loan)

Acapandie(Loan)

Lindfield(Loan)

Slinning(425k regen)

Aaron(Loan)

Insua(24m over 24 months Gillet sold him)

Dalla Valle(Loan)

My squad looks like this:

GK:Reina,Bouzanis

RB:Zaccardo,Richards(plays CB aswell)

LB:Marcelo,Bale

CB:Carragher,Agger,Antwi,Hobbs

DM/CM:Lucas Mascherano,Johnson,Banega

AM:Gerrard,Kaka,Babel,Aguero,Higuain,Kroos,Lulinha,Dos Santos

ST:Torres,Vela,Saivet

My injury list:

Kroos(3 months)

Saivet(2 months)

I've made a good start.I won the CS and have won 4 out of 4 game in the prem scoring 11 goals and conceading 1.

So questions to be answered before the next thrilling installment of The Fields of Anfield Road (AKA Let use the Editor)

-- gerrard and lucas do great in the middle but if you insist in buying someone you can go for Nasri or michael johnson from city

amc

he is fantastic (i had one game where he wasn't so good but that was cos he was playing as a lone striker) play him amc with farrow. Let him dribble into the box and provide through balls

inconsistent but whats new. hes been like this for the past 4 fm's. try playing him on the right or mc

yes, eventually, just keep trying

Til the next time Amigos, Burjennio out Thumbs Up

To everyone who is struggling dont fret, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am currently in the 2nd season of my 8th attempt (8.01 patch)(YES THATS RIGHT 8th!!!!) and i am finally having consistent success. I finished 3rd in the first season and that is only cos the new players took a while to settle in and my formation was susceptible to the cant score in a brothel will a fist full of $50 notes syndrome. Ever since i changed tactics i have lifted my goal average from 1.5 gpg to 2.7. I have had a lot of false dawns so far but i have a feeling i have finally got it right. The biggest bummer to all pool fans is the financial side of the game, the americans RAPE the coffers.

NOW YOU WILL GET FRUSTRATED WITH THE GAME even when you are winning simply cos the match engine makes your strikers score one goal in every 15 attempts whilst the AI scores a goal in every 5. My advice, dont watch key highlights, do commentary only so you dont have to look at it icon_smile.gif. Just an aside, i have made only one mistake so far, DO NOT SELL MASCHERANO FOR FINANCIAL REASONS. He doesnt perform well for me averaging 6 but i had a lovely surprise when i sold him. Greedy Kia Joobichan takes 80% of the transfer fee. The same with arbeloa, real get 50%

Season 2 so far

premier

played 10 won 8 lost 1 drew 1

currently second with 28 scored 12 conceeded

the draw was against reading, i had 32 shots and 65% possession to their 5 shots

the loss was against chelsea 3-0 and again that was cos i had 10 players out playing in that stupid youth tournament and i had the likes of hobbs, amoo, bruna, paul anderson, adam hammil against drogba, terry fat frank et al. Not really fair but the team bounced back.

highlights

beat maure 4-1

tottenham 5-1

boro 4-0

champs league

2nd in group (pool,roma,hsv, paok)

lost 1st game 3-2 to roma, beat hsv 3-1

league cup 4th round (playing boro)

beat fulham 2-0

key playes

aurelio - 1 goal, 8 assists in 15

lucas - 3 goals 1 ass in 6 games (mc)

gerrard - 7 goals 4 ass in 15

babel - 2 goal - 5 ass in 10 (and easily the highest ratings, DO NOT SELL)

aguero- 7 goals 2 ass in 11 games

pandev 6 goals 3 ass in 14

torres - 10 goals 9 assists in 15 (he is THE man)

from the youth system i have found amoo is ready as a backup. he has kicked ass so far when is has come on.

my team

gk : reina / bouzanis

rb : cassani (got for 4 mil season 1) / arbeloa

lb : aurelio (free kick master) / insua

cb1 : barzagli / carra

cb2 : agger / hyypia / hobbs

mc : gerrard / lucas / rothen / plessis

aml : babel / kewel / leto

amc : aguero

amr : maxi rodrigues / anderson / hammil

st1 : Torres / amoo

st2 : pandev / saviet

so i play

rb,lb with farrows to wingbacks, making mixed forward runs. these guys provide the width and the crosses.

2 x cb

1 x mc

left and right amc's with sarrows pointing inwards (ie stay wide and cut inside

amc with farrow to st

2 strikers. Im convinced that the reason my goals scored have suddenly jumped up is because i play 2 strikers that are always swapping positions. This disrupts the AI's tight man marking which is what i beleive causes your strikers to slump in form mid season (especially when playing a lone striker).

Mentality wise me 2 strikers are 2 notches away from all out attack. Each subsequent level is 2 notches less attacking than the last.

A key part of the tactic is the defensive line. I always made the mistake of pushing up as i assumed this was more attacking. NOT SO. If you push up, you have to play a pressing game and break down the opposition who will get numbers back. The more attacking option is to keep the defensive line mid to deep. That way the opposition pushes further up the pitch and your forwards get more space when going forward icon_smile.gif.

Also less width is MORE icon_smile.gif If you play narrow your team is compact and will get have more success in keeping possesion. The width will then be provided by the FB / WB who overlap in the spaces created by the opposition trying to close down your players in narrow positions. Focus passing is mixed cos sometime you want to do sown the flanks, other times you wanna go through the mid.

Players with crap passing skills should be set to short passing, ok passing to medium and good passing players should be set to direct long balls.

I hope this helps everyone

Originally posted by kyri_kon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So questions to be answered before the next thrilling installment of The Fields of Anfield Road (AKA Let use the Editor)

-- gerrard and lucas do great in the middle but if you insist in buying someone you can go for Nasri or michael johnson from city

amc

he is fantastic (i had one game where he wasn't so good but that was cos he was playing as a lone striker) play him amc with farrow. Let him dribble into the box and provide through balls

inconsistent but whats new. hes been like this for the past 4 fm's. try playing him on the right or mc

yes, eventually, just keep trying

Til the next time Amigos, Burjennio out Thumbs Up

To everyone who is struggling dont fret, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am currently in the 2nd season of my 8th attempt (8.01 patch)(YES THATS RIGHT 8th!!!!) and i am finally having consistent success. I finished 3rd in the first season and that is only cos the new players took a while to settle in and my formation was susceptible to the cant score in a brothel will a fist full of $50 notes syndrome. Ever since i changed tactics i have lifted my goal average from 1.5 gpg to 2.7. I have had a lot of false dawns so far but i have a feeling i have finally got it right. The biggest bummer to all pool fans is the financial side of the game, the americans RAPE the coffers.

NOW YOU WILL GET FRUSTRATED WITH THE GAME even when you are winning simply cos the match engine makes your strikers score one goal in every 15 attempts whilst the AI scores a goal in every 5. My advice, dont watch key highlights, do commentary only so you dont have to look at it icon_smile.gif. Just an aside, i have made only one mistake so far, DO NOT SELL MASCHERANO FOR FINANCIAL REASONS. He doesnt perform well for me averaging 6 but i had a lovely surprise when i sold him. Greedy Kia Joobichan takes 80% of the transfer fee. The same with arbeloa, real get 50%

Season 2 so far

premier

played 10 won 8 lost 1 drew 1

currently second with 28 scored 12 conceeded

the draw was against reading, i had 32 shots and 65% possession to their 5 shots

the loss was against chelsea 3-0 and again that was cos i had 10 players out playing in that stupid youth tournament and i had the likes of hobbs, amoo, bruna, paul anderson, adam hammil against drogba, terry fat frank et al. Not really fair but the team bounced back.

highlights

beat maure 4-1

tottenham 5-1

boro 4-0

champs league

2nd in group (pool,roma,hsv, paok)

lost 1st game 3-2 to roma, beat hsv 3-1

league cup 4th round (playing boro)

beat fulham 2-0

key playes

aurelio - 1 goal, 8 assists in 15

lucas - 3 goals 1 ass in 6 games (mc)

gerrard - 7 goals 4 ass in 15

babel - 2 goal - 5 ass in 10 (and easily the highest ratings, DO NOT SELL)

aguero- 7 goals 2 ass in 11 games

pandev 6 goals 3 ass in 14

torres - 10 goals 9 assists in 15 (he is THE man)

from the youth system i have found amoo is ready as a backup. he has kicked ass so far when is has come on.

my team

gk : reina / bouzanis

rb : cassani (got for 4 mil season 1) / arbeloa

lb : aurelio (free kick master) / insua

cb1 : barzagli / carra

cb2 : agger / hyypia / hobbs

mc : gerrard / lucas / rothen / plessis

aml : babel / kewel / leto

amc : aguero

amr : maxi rodrigues / anderson / hammil

st1 : Torres / amoo

st2 : pandev / saviet

so i play

rb,lb with farrows to wingbacks, making mixed forward runs. these guys provide the width and the crosses.

2 x cb

1 x mc

left and right amc's with sarrows pointing inwards (ie stay wide and cut inside

amc with farrow to st

2 strikers. Im convinced that the reason my goals scored have suddenly jumped up is because i play 2 strikers that are always swapping positions. This disrupts the AI's tight man marking which is what i beleive causes your strikers to slump in form mid season (especially when playing a lone striker).

Mentality wise me 2 strikers are 2 notches away from all out attack. Each subsequent level is 2 notches less attacking than the last.

A key part of the tactic is the defensive line. I always made the mistake of pushing up as i assumed this was more attacking. NOT SO. If you push up, you have to play a pressing game and break down the opposition who will get numbers back. The more attacking option is to keep the defensive line mid to deep. That way the opposition pushes further up the pitch and your forwards get more space when going forward icon_smile.gif.

Also less width is MORE icon_smile.gif If you play narrow your team is compact and will get have more success in keeping possesion. The width will then be provided by the FB / WB who overlap in the spaces created by the opposition trying to close down your players in narrow positions. Focus passing is mixed cos sometime you want to do sown the flanks, other times you wanna go through the mid.

Players with crap passing skills should be set to short passing, ok passing to medium and good passing players should be set to direct long balls.

I hope this helps everyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it dawned on me a few weeks ago that short zippy passing across the whole of the pitch isnt really possible, so I narrowed it down, kept the tempo quick but made the passing the shortest possible, ala Liverpool circa 1980s "pass and move" and we make an incredible amount of chances. I do find myself struggling against 1 tactic tho, the 4411 seems to bamboozle my defensive unit, ManC tanked me 3-0 at Anfield with Elano havin the freedom of Stanley Park. Birmingham place similar and i drew with them instead of grinding them into Brummy Dirt.

Finished 3rd in the league 1st season. Torres has finished top scorer in the Galaxy, and received a plathora of awards Ive never seen before in FM (Nobel peace Price, Best Supporting Actor and a Best Newcomer in country/bluegrass grammy. Swish.

Busy in the old transfer market as you would expect- out went Alonso £27m Real Madrid, Agger £20m to Juventus and Hypia to pastures new (termination) in came Rafinha £11m, Richards £23.5m, Renato Augusto £8.5m, Lulinha £3.1m. I also have ahd a £20m bid for Nasri from Barcelona but he doesnt want to leave as he's only been there 1 season

Gerrard and Augero have received stays of execution - They have this season to turn it around, or its firing squad at dawn for the both of them. READY AIM FIRE BABY!

The 3 strikers are still Amauri Torres and Aguero, with Babel filling in in emergencies - tho I have been scouting Benzema but he looks a bit similar to what I already have, so i'll percevere with that lot for now. Ony 2 competetive matches played - bet Sofia 3-1 at home in CLQ and a won a rather unexpectedly competetive game against Derby 1-0 at Pride Park. Its the make or break season in Fields of Anfield Road (AKA lets use the editor)

The Team 08-09 season

Reina

Marcelo

Brazagali

Carragher

Rafinha/Richards

Fernandez

Mascherano/Lucas

Gerrard

Babel/D'Alessandro

Torres

Aauri/Aguero

Originally posted by turmania:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

If anyone is looking for a good young striker I recommend velawj9.th.jpg]Carlos Vela[/url] .He's stats just keep getting better and better and is now keeping Torres out of the team.

He cost me 20m over 24 months.I bought him in my first season but he joined in the second season.But lately every time I play him he gets 1 or 2 goals.I'm now in my 4th season and Arsenal are trying to buy him back.

how much did he cost you and what year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turmania:

If anyone is looking for a good young striker I recommend velawj9.th.jpg]Carlos Vela[/url] .He's stats just keep getting better and better and is now keeping Torres out of the team.

how much did he cost you and what year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He cost me 20m over 24 months.I bought him in my first season but he joined in the second season.But lately every time I play him he gets 1 or 2 goals.I'm now in my 4th season and Arsenal are trying to buy him back.

Sorry I screwed up that post.

my new game now. no more all english so was thinking of buying him and convert him into a aml. i got babbel on the left and now aguero on the right. training aguero to be amr as well. doing pretty good but i still want a left footer for aml position. eiter him or silva but silva is out of my reach for now.

amazingly my amr and aml scores more then torres.

Alright, I gotta calm down... The date was December the 26th and I was up against Man Utd whom I had recently gone past in the leagu and was now ahead of with 2 points. My loyal scout with 20's all over, Laurent Viaud, tells me to use a broad midfield as they go down deep and then counter with full force. I do so, having Torres alone on top with Babel out wide and supporting Torres when the team is in possesion of the ball. The rest of the midfield consisted of Gerrard, Mascherano, Lucas and Benayoun at left as both Leto and all left backs except Riise were injured. The back four was Finnan, Carra, Agger and Riise.

Gerrard hit the upright with a furious shot in the 4th minute and that set the tone for the match. I enjoyed 67% of possesion in the first half and had 21 shots on goal, but van der Sar was just terrific. Then, in the 44th minute, I get a freekick just outside the box after Neville trips Gerrard, getting a yellow card. Gerrard, Riise, Babel and Lucas all steps up. Riise jumps over, Babel runs into offside position and draws a defender with and Gerrard pokes the ball. Lucas reacts a bit late and hits the ball just before Rooney can reach it. I hits Rooney's foot though and bounces once before going off the post and in. Great, a confidence boost going into the break.

The second half goes the exact same way, but with a dissalowed goal from Torres (who has 31 goals in 27 matches btw) and a missed penalty from Babel. Then, in the 89th minute Ronaldo gets the ball after a corner. Riise gets nutmegged and Agger is pushed to the ground bit without freekick. When Carra comes up to meet him he lifts the ball high into the air, just barely diving under the bar with Reina at the penalty spot.

Can you imagine the anger? I set the instructions to gung ho and pushed Babel up as striker and Lucas, Benayoun and Gerrard as AMC's. Then I replaced Mascerano with a half injured Xabi Alonso with a arrow to Babel.

I got as close as a freekick from Lucas that hit the bar and then stopped on the goal-line, but I considered the game lost.

I was screaming and shouting, tearing my hair off my head. After the game I get the news that Alonso is out for another month and who am I playing next, 29th December, just before I get Aguero and Silva for £24m and £29m respectively?

EVERTON. I have won EVERY single match except one against Blackburn in the start and this one against Man Utd, and the fans say that if I dont win against Everton they dont want me at the club. WTF !? So basically, I need all the help I can get to win this match, as it REALLY is a must win.

I'm now in October and I'm top of the table after 8 wins and 1 draw and I haven't conceaded a goal in 8 league games.I doing what Rafa does.I make 5-6 changes to my team every game and I'm getting no injury's and every one is 100%.

Torres has got himself back in the first team after he scored 5 goals in 3 games.He has now got 10 goals in 10 games.

Vela has got 8 goals in 6(7) apps.

Kaka has kicked Gerrard out of the first team.In his last 4 games he has got a rating of 9.Scoring 3 goals and making 10.

leaguebi0.th.jpg

Signed:

Lauri Dalla Valle

Andre Ayew

Alessandro Tuia

Henri Saivet

Eden Hazard

Niklas Barkroth

Sergio Aguero

Michael Woods

Joe Cole

Francisco Merida

Rhys Murphy

Aliaksandr Hleb

Marcelo

Kompany

Maxi Rodriguez

Giles Barnes (January (Scored Vs AC Milan in the champions league semi final)

Not to rain on your parade dan99. But it seams very unlikely that you got so many points in one season, and won the league with so many points, not to say that it's not possible, but it seams like you made a few of the exit-reload tricks when the results didn't go your way...

I won the league in 2009/2010 with this team (in the screen shot) by only 4 points down to Chelsea, who won in 2008/2009.

liverpoolsquadhe4.th.jpg

(The players who aren't subs, are the ones i bought in this season, so i didn't have them when i won the league...)

Not to badmouth your team, but your team is somewhat feeble compared to mine, even though you have made some good transfers, and yet you did a lot better than me? Just seems a but odd, but if it is true (without the least but of cheating) it is very impressive, just seems unlikely, you must have a very good tactic...

I used B1GD's tactic (well, the modification with a AMC and no striker), I sold players such as Torres, Crouch, Kuyt and Xabi Alonso. I never, ever quit and redid a match, I can confirm that to you. I did lose games in the Cl (Celtic in the group stages, and Chelsea in the final) and the FA cup (Again, Chelsea in the final.

Originally posted by Cookieman:

You shouldn't be upset about it... I'm in 2011, and he hasn't improved a lot, for 40mil you can easily get a replacement...

offered him a new contract but no luck he accepted a 105k a week offer from arsenal and left for 40m. i sold insua to newcastle for 12.5m. and with those money i bought out silva for 62m from valencia. they didnt sell him for any lower.

I need a RB.I'm now in December and have no RB's.I have M.Richards but he is more of a CB.I also have Zaccardo but he is injured.I can't get Alves he was bought by Chelsea.Rafinha will cost me 30m.Is there any other good RB's.I have 190m to spend.

barragan?

ryan taylor?

justin hoyte?

good back up right backs.

Originally posted by turmania:

I need a RB.I'm now in December and have no RB's.I have M.Richards but he is more of a CB.I also have Zaccardo but he is injured.I can't get Alves he was bought by Chelsea.Rafinha will cost me 30m.Is there any other good RB's.I have 190m to spend.

barragan?

ryan taylor?

justin hoyte?

good back up right backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had Barragan but I sold him for 10m.

Hoyte is gone to Newcastle and will cost me 15m.

I might get Taylor but I want someone who could force there way into my first team.Plus I like to rotate my squad.

since you got zapata as your main right bac i suggest a wing back for you.

currently i got both hoyte and taylor.

hoyte is better defender but taylor offers me another option who can run down and cross mayeb not brilliant at defending but does the job. he wont break up your bank account and fan of liverpool so a perfect squad player.

Originally posted by Ackbaria:

Omg dudes, help me! Torres is upset with the way I'm talking to players on matchday, WTF? He always reacts motivated so is this a bug?

Thanks to SZJ's latest tactic and alot of trial and error I've found that with Torres you should always tell him "no pressure on you today" and he will score goals for fun.

Archived