FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

How would you improve this team i finished 4th in second season and probably need some more players in.

Goalkeepers: Reina, Carson and Itanje

Def: Breno, Hobbs, Agger, Carragher, Barragan, Finnan, Insua, Riise and Hyypia.

Mid: Gerrard, Piatti, Lucas, Martinez, Quaresma, Aaritola, Mascherano, Lulinha, Babel, Wijnaldum

Attack: Torres, Crouch, Balotelli & Aguero (signed in Jan scored 21 in 21 games) got Giovinco coming on a free also. Still got most of the youngsters too.

Any recomendations would be appreciated.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Heres a link to my tactic

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...892055063#9892055063

Cheers, mate.

Very interesting to see another succesful take on the formation. Inspired by your tactic I made a few tweaks to my own. I've tweaked some defensive settings and the way you use Torres. The goals had dried up for him in my tactic.

First two games with my tweaked tactic were a 5-1 win away at Boro and a 7-0 win at home against Preston, so it's definately worked.icon_smile.gif

I'll give it a few more games and see how it goes!

Hi guys. Played 3 seasons with The Reds now and done ok.

Ill give you a review for those who are interested.

1st Season - 2007-08

In

Aaritalo - £200k

Breno - £6.5m

Cudicini - £850k

Tugay - Free (Mid-Season as I was was desperate for midfielders and he was on a free)

No Players Sold

Won Premier League

2nd Season 2008-09

In

Corradini - £250k

Richards - £31m

Lulinha - £3m

Stancu - £250k

Huntelaar - £10.25m

Marcell Jansen - £13m

Out

El Zhar - £150k

Le Tallec - Free

Riise - £10.25m

Tugay - Free

Voronin -£5m

Kuyt - £13m

Won The Community Shield, FA Cup & Finished Runners Up to Chelsea by 1 Point. Board were debating whether to offer me a new contract at the end of the season but ended up doing so after FA Cup win. Thank God.

The sale of Kuyt & purchase of Huntelaar was a big mistake. Huntelaar was hopeless and whinged if i left him out for one game.

3rd Season 2009-10

In

Iriome - £350k

Saivet - £9.75m

Kris Glaser - From New Eng' Revolution feeder club.

Banega - £7.5m

Barragan - P/Ex for Godwin Antwi (Believe it or not they offered it me)

Clichy - £20.5m

Out

Mimms - Free

F. Aurelio - £7m (Good Player but wasn't needed)

Antwi - P/Ex for Barragan

Marcell Jansen - £10.5m

Won Community Shield, Premiership but lost on pens to Man Utd in FA Cup Final.

Just started 4th Season so quick update

In

Assulin - Free

Kroos - Free

Tuia - Free

Bojan - £27.5m Release Clause. Well Excited

Silva -£35m Release Clause. Quality

Out

Hansen - £150k

Huntelaar - £13.5m

Cudicini - Free

Guthrie - £2.5m

Peltier - £500k

Brouwer - £250k

Stancu - £2m

Martin - £200k

Smith - Free

Ryan - Free

Idrizaj - Free

Glaser - Free

Irwin - Free

Won Community Shield & Played 2, Won 2 in the Prem without conceding. Champions League is main target this season as i haven't even come close to winning it.

My Squad

Goalkeepers

Reina

Carson

Itandje

Defenders

Arbeloa

Richards

Insua

Carragher

Agger

Breno

Barragan

Clichy

Midfielders

Lucas

Mascherano

Sissoko

Alonso

Gerrard

Benayoun

Pennant

Silva

Babel

Kewell

Strikers

Torres

Crouch

Bojan

Players Out on Loan with Potential

Hobbs

Tuia

Banega

Anderson

Assulin

Iriome

Saivet

Aaritalo

Leto

Kroos

Lulinha

Also have Finnan out on loan and Hyypia in Reserves. Don't wanna let Big Sami go as I want him as a scout or coach.

Please feel free to advise me or tell me where i've made mistakes maybe by selling good players or buying pure rubbish?

Please note, I only play with the 1 striker so son't need to strenghten there.

Thanks.

yay, just won the Prem by 12 points.

My whole team have been performing nicely even though they started getting slightly complacent as the season came to a close.

Knocked out of the rest of the comps. Leading against Milan at home 2-0, they score 2 in the last 10 mins then teach me a lesson in the San Siro. 60% possesion and 80% passing.

Hoping to sell Kuyt, Voronin, Kewell, Hyypia, Benayoun, Pennant and more deadweights.

Just wondering what the general idea is on "Opposition Instructions"? I usually just ask my team to always close down the opposition's center backs, not sure if it actually does anything though? How bout anyone else? So far so good in my first season thanks to SZJ's 4-2-3-1 tactic. I beat Man U 6-3 at Old Trafford and Torres just hit a hat trick in the second half at PSV after I brought him on a sub in the 62nd minute.

Stejones i just put the tactics on play short balls, go wide, fast tempo.

----------Torres--------

-----------^----------

VDV

^ ^

| |

| |

ben arfa Gerrard Menez

Macherano

insua carragher agger finnan

reina

Also put VDV as free kick taker he must have scored about 15 free kicks

I had a nightmare first season, barely finishing 3rd. It all seems to be coming together quite nicely this season though -

utd_form.jpg

utdscore.jpg

My board accepted a 30 million up front, 30 million over 18 months offer for Babel from Arsenal, but I managed to get him to sign a new contract with Liverpool instead. Phew.

ffs cant believe it spent hrs getting my squad together about 5 games in to the season and as my game was saving my computer crashed my next save is 3 games earlier am p****d off i hate going back its like cheating am gonna have to start a new game why?why?why?

Originally posted by lfc7:

tubbycrabs where did u get your tactic from or did u create it yourself looks v.good

It's one of my own, but don't be fooled by the 7-0 thrashing of Utd - everything just seemed to fly in that day.

Not that I'm complaining.

FM08 will be the death of me, Ive now just started my THIRD game with Liverpool and Im getting progressively worse, my last game I set everything out I wanted- slow patient build up,narrow diamond, Riquelme as playmaker, Torres and Mutu up front, I thought Id finally got my closing down and defensive line right, scoring for fun preseason then...

P11 W3 D4 L4 - 11th place!!! awful, players keep getting injured and sent off, Huntelaar is awful, creating less and less chances as each game progresses, beat 4-0 by Olymiakos, resignation was the only option

My question is what am I doing wrong? Is my individual player tweaking all wrong or is it just poor tactics for the English League? The talent cant be faulted, Im oozing class on the team sheet at least, and was initailly creating loads of chances but finishing few - So back to the drawing board I went

I have stared again, bringing in the best coaching staff I could and trying to sell off the players I don't want Kuyt, Crouch, Sisokko, Rise, Voronin so Ill have a transfer kitty of about £60-£70m. Riquelme I may bring in again so I have £50 odd mill for 2 strikers and possibly a winger (not quaresma)

Tactically I love a team that plays a patient build up but am havin alot more trouble in fm08 getting it working than previous games, teams just seem wise to it, I hate playing direct as its against my footballing philosophy (er, its just a game mate) so any advice would be well appreciated

Bit more info on what tactics you are currently using?

I use a slow, short & narrow play myself with a 4-1-2-3 which has it's on & off days but i'm nowhere near a tactical mastermind icon_razz.gif

I do find however that with this midfield setup there is a lot of 'triangles' passing action going on as they move up the pitch as a unit and also counters as a solid front line of defence.

just finished my second season wit liverpool

won two league titles, fa cup , league cup and a comunity sheild

signed the following in preperation for season 3

Van der Vaart £16m

Bojan £16m

Auslin £300k

Thiago £feek i think

Sebastian Giovinco £free

so my midfield is quite conjested i have the following that can play in the centre

sissoko

alonso

gerrard

lucas

plessis

piatti

van der vaart

lulinha

mascherano

i also have had a bid for ben arfa accepted which i'm not sure if i need him, but i do need to sell a midfielder not sure which one though i'm thinkin sissoko? plessis?

Originally posted by tubbycrabs:

I had a nightmare first season, barely finishing 3rd. It all seems to be coming together quite nicely this season though -

utdscore.jpg

My board accepted a 30 million up front, 30 million over 18 months offer for Babel from Arsenal, but I managed to get him to sign a new contract with Liverpool instead. Phew.

Cracking result that! Well in lad!

A most unrealistic thing happened in my pool save , am in the 3rd season and Rooney wants out as he cant stand steve coppel( the new Manure manager) si he wants a transfer,,,,guess who gets him..chelski... for 24 mil with add ons.. great they now have pandev, guarado and rooney icon_rolleyes.gif

mean while damn silva doesnt wana come to my pool side

Just started a new Liverpool game and have decided to go for a 4-2-3-1 formation that I used in FM06 to great effect, its similar to S-Z-J's formation but with AMR and AML with arrows into the box rather than 3 AMC's.

Started well but just won a pre-season match at some random club 3-0 only to pick up 3 injuries. Mascherano out for two weeks (OK not too bad) but also Lucas borken leg out for 2 months and new signing Matias Fernandez out for 5 months! Absolutely gutted!

Here's my transfer dealings so far:

In:

Matias Fernandez (£10m)

Out:

Andrei Voronin - Villarreal (£4m)

Sissoko - Juventus (£6.5m)

Marcelho is also likely to be on his way in for £5.5m soon meaning any decent offer for Riise or Aurelio will be accepted.

I'm seriously struggling to find a tidy tactic for my Liverpool team if fact for any team i go. Reading through this forum its seems many people are so whoever has been successful in winning titles can they either pm me with their tactic or explain their tactic.. Thanks.

Originally posted by youri8:

Milan have just bid 36.5 million for Macherano, I'd be foolish not to take this right?

DONT SELL maybe am just saying it because hes my favourite player at the club no way do his stats match how good he really is in rl

am gonna start another game with liverpool gonna use SZJ'S 4-2-3-1 TACTIC

Originally posted by lfc7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by youri8:

Milan have just bid 36.5 million for Macherano, I'd be foolish not to take this right?

DONT SELL maybe am just saying it because hes my favourite player at the club no way do his stats match how good he really is in rl

am gonna start another game with liverpool gonna use SZJ'S 4-2-3-1 TACTIC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have called off the deal, they must have come to thier senses, I would have had a hard time letting him go anyway.

Originally posted by woolfc:

haha someones only gonna get around 7m of tha 36.5m for mascherano

Lmao!!! =D

Btw anyone experienced the bugs with the stadium expansion after new anfienld has been built. Twice it has been upgraded to 75000 and 78000 capacity but the capacity resets itself to 61000 after a few weeks....

Dammit!

squad for 1st season

URL=http://imageshack.us]lfcsquad07cw4.png [/url]

transfers in/out

lfcinoutgg3.png

my starting 11 am using SZJ's tactic

gk-reina

dr-richards

dl-marcelo

dc-carragher

dc-agger

mc-mascherano

mc-vdv

amc-babel

amc-gerrard

amc-menez

st-torres

ive using aguero to rotate with torres.

just starting out budget 8 mill my dilemma is got an idea of players i want to sign but not sure who to sell right away ideally need to sell players that will sell qiuckly but will not really miss to much

I was thinking maybe kewell and voronin!

anyone got any ideas?

Archived