FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

Originally posted by bruffell06:

Can anyone tell me how good Babel gets because in the first season i've been playing him left wing and he's been poor

Play Babel on the right, i find he does very well there for me, wiv leto on the left, or i play quaresma on the left

Babel has done well on the right for me, scoring a few goals and settin up aswell!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jack0923:

is anyone a few seasons in and could tell me who in liverpools reserves and u18's become top class?.im thinking amoo,pacheco maybe ones to look out for.would be good to see a screenie a few years into a game?

Dean Bouzanis (GK) Wonderkid

Insua (DL) Wonderkid

Hobbs (DC) looks good

Paul Anderson (AMR) looks good. No idea how he play, sold him to arsenal for 8m.

Originally posted by KiyoharuX:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack0923:

is anyone a few seasons in and could tell me who in liverpools reserves and u18's become top class?.im thinking amoo,pacheco maybe ones to look out for.would be good to see a screenie a few years into a game?

Dean Bouzanis (GK) Wonderkid

Insua (DL) Wonderkid

Hobbs (DC) looks good

Paul Anderson (AMR) looks good. No idea how he play, sold him to arsenal for 8m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea plus plessis is pretty good and amoo juz gets better.... jay spearing is sadly not up to standard... hammmil and guthrie decent at best

cheers guys.was wondering about spearing as he looks ok just thought he might get better.looks good on tv when i watch reserves shame really.he should be better ingame.i was hoping hammill and guthrie would be squad players when they returned from loan.is that me being hopeful?i just want to blood young english players that have come through the ranks

I am in pre season after my 1st season. I am pretty happy with my squad but I have 47mil and i dont know where to spend it. Any suggestions?

First team

Reina

Richards Carragher Agger Marcelo

Babel Gerrard Mascharano Bersciano

Torres Kuyt

Second Team

Carson/Enyenema

Finnan Vanden Borre Arbeloa Insua

Pennant Sissoko Lucus Eduardo

Owen Thiago

Others Alex Anderson Barragan Hobbs Nemeth Sakho Olazabal

Trying to sell Benayoun and Hyypia + one of my goalkeepers.

I am thining that I could do with a a better backup CB and RW a 5th striker incase of injuries. And a world class signing to fit in somewhere?

Hi,

apologies if not the correct place to post this. But i have a question for KiyoharuX, where you did manage to get the kits from on your screenshots? They look really good and i have not been able to track them down yet.

Thanks in advance

I'm probably gonna give this a go soon just as I track down a copy.

I'm only gonna do a few signings in key areas and check out the tactics forum for a good tactic to use and see how I work with this diverse team we got and check which players in the reserves gets the call up.

If anyone doesn't know me then I'm the dude that practically won the quadruple in every patch of Fm2007.

faillesmartoverviewpi1.th.png

Just had probably my most successful season I'll ever have. I'm disappointed I lost the super cup, so I guess there is some room to improve. Most of the huge profit was from selling Bojan back to Barcelona for 70m as well as most of the youngsters I bought early on starting to really hit their peak so i haven't needed to buy anyone in last 2 seasons.

Nice one Faille ^^

Hi all. Just started my first season with Liverpool using the beta patch and so far its going well. I beat Middlesbrough 2-0 at the Riverside and won the first leg of the Champs League Qual Round 3 4-1 against FC Kobenhavn at Anfeild. Got Reading away next.

I spent my 15m budget on Alessandro Rosina who's playing great so far. Also bought Sakho and Dalla Valle for the future. Haven't managed to sell anyone yet but i'm thinking of getting rid of Sissoko and Kewell. Think i've finally found a good tactic for me to use on this game but i'll let you all know how its goes after some more testing.

YNWA icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by demon85:

Half my first team squad hates kewell... tried to sell him off but no one wants him and he gets upset but wants to remain loyal to the club

What should I do?

And what does "Worried about lack of managerial indiscipline" means?

Probably the result of not doing anything to the player who was red carded. Game sees the player as not disciplined and nothing was done to punish player, and it affects some players who sees it the same way as how the game sees it.

Originally posted by jack0923:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

Sold xabi for 14mil, sold riise for around 10mil. sold off el zhar for really cheap. sweet goal he just scored in the league cup eh?

got in:

Renato Augusto 9mil

Miguel Veloso 9mil

Mamadhou Sakho 550k

Issiar Dia 3.9mil

struggling abit, my tactics are kinda hit and miss.

Torres is not performing at all for me, he got injured and when he came back he just cant hit a barn door.

Overall my team is performing rather averagely.

whats your formation and best 11?would be goo to know your squad and team instructions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was changing around my instructions for a bit.

finally settled on a 4-4-2 Diamond. Short, quick passing style. Normal width. I took some pointers from B1GD's arsenal tactic. Grinding out some wins but Torres not converting his chances.

first 11 would be:

GK: Reina

DR: Finnan/Arbeloa

DC: Agger/Veloso

DC: Carra

DL: Aurelio/Arbeloa

DMC: Mascherano

MR: Babel/Pennant

ML: Augusto

AMC: Gerrard

FC: Crouch

FC: Torres

Kuyt and Voronin have been slightly disappointing and crouch has been in pretty good form.

Originally posted by JasK:

Player gets red carded.

Being lenient, you did not warn nor fine.

Some player starts hating and disliking the red carded player.

Happens often for you guys?

Yea. Lucas got himself sent off in my first season , van der vaart dislike him, Kuyt thinks im too lenient.

in the end i sold lucas to newcastle as the board feels the offer is too gd, kuyt to another euro club.

just finished august on my game.

havent lost yet though i did get a first day draw with reading which was dissapointing. on the upside i have beaten united 2-0 at old trafford kuyt and mathias fernandes with the goals and a voronin hat-trick against fulham completed a 4-1 win.

my current team is

gk reina

rb barragan 475k

lb riise

cb carra

cb agger

dm mascher/sissoko

cm/gerrard/alonso

amr maxi rodrigez 16m

aml mathias fernandes 12.75m

fc torres

fc kuyt/voronin

subs iganesivich(sp?)Free

babel

lucas

benayoun

also bought a good few youngsters torje saivet and so on

sold crouch 9 mil, finnan 4mil,pennant 5.25m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasK:

Player gets red carded.

Being lenient, you did not warn nor fine.

Some player starts hating and disliking the red carded player.

Happens often for you guys?

Yea. Lucas got himself sent off in my first season , van der vaart dislike him, Kuyt thinks im too lenient.

in the end i sold lucas to newcastle as the board feels the offer is too gd, kuyt to another euro club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if this issue/ or is it bug to you? is addressed in 8.01.

I am worse, alonso got sent off in first season, reina still dislike him, carra also got sent off and hyypia, ignashevich, aurelio and kuyt dislike carra...pretty crap.

Bought this game last week although haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Having a night in on Saturday so plan to have a good go this weekend.

Was succesful with Liverpool on all the other Football managers so hoping for a good run on this one.

i only got 300k from pomp for kewell, and also altho i love momo, i wud sell him b4 alonso, its just that weneva i get a big money bid for any player i nearly always sell as i love signing new players. In january 2nd season, won charity shield, euro super cup and the world club champ. 1 point clear of chelsea at the top (its deffo a 2 horse race for the prem), got milan in the last 16 of the champs league tho! Managed to get pirlo for 2.1m as he was transfer listed, dont really need him but wernt goin to pass up the offer, and mauro zarate for 3.5m. Not a big fan of baptista but got him on loan and hes my supersub and also highest on my av.rat.

Does anyone know;

a) how much you pay for karim benzema

b) a website to get good kitpacks and badges etc

Cheers

Also whys heavybass bragging, like thats some sort of achievement, ive been a hardcore fm'er since erm... champ man 00 / 01 haha at the tender age of 11. Fair dues to him if he won the quadriple but dont act like a (insert appropriate word) about it.

it happen in b4 i patch my game. I guess it's fine after the patch as it never happen again.

Maybe is because i issue warning everytime so never really have the chance to see if it's fixed or not, hopefully it is icon_smile.gif

KiyoharuX where did you get the patch with all your kits and badges etc on plz mate

Originally posted by woolfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KiyoharuX:

it happen in b4 i patch my game. I guess it's fine after the patch as it never happen again.

Maybe is because i issue warning everytime so never really have the chance to see if it's fixed or not, hopefully it is icon_smile.gif

KiyoharuX where did you get the patch with all your kits and badges etc on plz mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

patch can be found in sigames.com or forum. but kits and badges are not included in it. Try looking for them in fmglive

Originally posted by Old Scouser Tommy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

If anyone doesn't know me then I'm the dude that practically won the quadruple in every patch of Fm2007.

Absoloutely no trumpet blowing at all eh heavybass. icon_wink.gif

Good to see you back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always good to be back and it's good to see you OST how's things on your end?

I've just ordered my copy and I'll be ready to conquer the Mancs, the Arses, The Rubies and The Bitters.

Oh I'm not an arse but I like to add credentials to those that never saw me before.

Originally posted by heavybass:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Scouser Tommy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

Absoloutely no trumpet blowing at all eh heavybass. icon_wink.gif

Good to see you back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always good to be back and it's good to see you OST how's things on your end?

I've just ordered my copy and I'll be ready to conquer the Mancs, the Arses, The Rubies and The Bitters.

Oh I'm not an arse but I like to add credentials to those that never saw me before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing is dude you know I'm only kiddin'! Can't vouch for others though.

I's good good to see a familiar face.

Start with around £8m but you can adjust your budget.

I've not really brought anyone in. Only Barragan really plays. Modric has been disappointing and the rest are just younuns for the youth & reserve teams.

A centre-half is a must. I've been more then happy with my wide players. Pennant, Benayoun on the right & Babel, Leto on the left.

Insua has really surprised me with his performances as has Jay Spearing who has played in The League Cup.

Just have a good look at your squad and you'll come to your own conclusions.

Here's my problem....just finished my first season.won the league at a canter but that was due to my mid season form.i started off with a 4-4-2.but decide that this was to be my most useful formation....

gk-reina

rb-finnan

lb-riise

cb-carra

cb-agger

mc-alonso

mc-gerrard

amr-quaresma

aml-menez/babel

amc-kuyt

st-torres

i switched to this formation and then my results picked up.i was winning most games by many goals.torres was scoring at over a goal a game.my setting for kuyt at amc were working wonders.he was scoring and creating tonnes.ive sold sissoko crouch and voronin.bought owen quaresma and menez.swop most of my strikers between amc and st and all of them do well as they have an arrow to st anyway.with my formation i was having more possession, more chances and my team were playing well.towards the end of my season things started to cease up.i was drawing at home to teams like derby (bottom in my game) and they would have more chances and more possession.whats most worrying is torres's loss of form.whats happened?anyones help would be greatly appreciated.ive read about the game figuring out your tactic but thought there might be another reason or someway of keeping it the way it is as i find it suits my players best

Originally posted by Igor_Biscan:

How good does Hobbs get. Ive just been offered 5.25 + 30% sell on

Think he's a -9 so it's between 150-180 PA. Different from game to game. He has got 176 PA in my current game.

For those of you who is looking for more transfer funds in a season or two, the 24 months sale of player with 50% sell on fee on next transfer clause still works.

Somehow i managed to made some nice sale due to this. and tottenham, newcastle and portsmouth seems filty rich...

07/08 Transfers

08/09 Transfers till Sep 08 (Part 1)

08/09 Transfers till Sep 09 (Part II)

hmm, i'm actually doing quite well now. my defence is rock-solid. i hardly let in any goals.

Torres is still in really sketcky form though. Whenever the ball falls to him, the keeper makes these absurb crazy saves. He's getting more 7's than 6's but he just is not putting his chances away. His shots to shots on target ratio is quite healthy.

Gonna play the Arse and the Mancs in the upcoming month so i'll see if my formation really holds up.

I still don't feel too confident going into every game although i'm very very comfortable in my Champs League group despite drawn into the same group as Ajax and Besiktas (serves those turks right)

Has anybody had any success re-training Sissoko as a Centreback? I'm currently in the process of doing it due to our abundance of quality central midfielders. He has played the last couple of games ok.

Our squad is weak out wide, both in defence and midfield. Riise and Finnan are good but neither are world class, whilst on the wing we've basically got nobody who can really turn a match.

I did play a season without wingers (Gerrard as AMC, Xabi Alonso as a central playmaker, Sissoko as a deep lying ball winner (who pretty much put all passes to Xabi) and Mascherano as a strict holding midfielder) and I almost won the league (2nd), but if injuries strike, there's not enough cover.

Currently playing standard 4-4-2 (with either Xabi and Lucas or Mascherano and Gerrard) in a new game but Sissoko is excess baggage and I need some cover for Gerrard/Lucas. Also short a quickish centreback, hence the retraining idea.

Originally posted by Riziger:

wow JasK.... those are some transfers man. 40 mil for Crouch? tottenham spent 80 mil on average players.....

total received 301 mil.... haha well done man.

Yes, i am surprised it still works. Somehow teams like newcastle, tottenham, man city, portsmouth, sometimes arsenal, are the ones who fall for it. And they seem so much richer than us being able to pay 30, 40m over 24mths. Some italian teams also falls for it. And for fees like this, the chairman always accept for you, that is after the initial steps of putting them on transfer list, offer over 24mths + 50% next sale everyone. It's silly money thou and not realistic..but it gets liverpool real rich in couple seasons.

Mte i got a great polaroid pictures of the team and youth squad from Fmglive but think its closed for updating it?!?

Has any you guys thing the games mega hard with the patch? Im sitting 5th most my team has really bad morale and they think the team is underachieving, and bloody not to mention real madrid had unsettled xabi alonso and now im selling him to them for 19 million, he was my best avg rating player!! icon_frown.gif

Archived