FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Torres_Is_God:

I dont like muller... prefer mmmm Danone icon_biggrin.gif

your on form tonight lol ohhh walter zenga might be getting sacked at united and im favourite to get the job , dunno wether to take it or not , the team is s**t now they sold all their best players

Originally posted by ronaldo_1978:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Torres_Is_God:

I dont like muller... prefer mmmm Danone icon_biggrin.gif

your on form tonight lol ohhh walter zenga might be getting sacked at united and im favourite to get the job , dunno wether to take it or not , the team is s**t now they sold all their best players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't go to the dark side.

Just wondering... When the form guide comes up when the game is processing, do the X's mean goalless draws? Cos there's D's which I guess are for draws, W, L then X... bit confused:S

i was wondering that the other night icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ronaldo_1978:

think he's worth 10 mil ?

I been watching him for a season he looks ok i think

Looks good, 10 mil is ok I guess. Cant you get any lower? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i put a bid in and they changed it to 11 mil plus lucas for him icon_eek.gif

Havent posted in here for a while icon_smile.gif

Yeah Lucas turns good if you play him regular football

S2, i won the CL, FA cup and LC. All that was missing was the prem.

Sold Reina for 13.5m to AC because he kept moaning, Carson better than him anyway on my save but cant get into the England squad, apparently Foster, Green and Robinson are better icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway i had 2 days to sign another keeper so i looked at Kameni and most his stats were better than Reina's, got the chap in for 5m + 10m over 1 year

S3 not started too well, won the Super Cup against Porto, but im 6 points down from Arsenal and Man U who are joint top with a game in hand, i play Fulham in that game in hand so not too bad, i drew with Man U second game of season and lost to Arsenal, i think im about 9 games in.

Will keep you updated icon14.gif

Also i reccomend Urby Emanualson(sp) he's a young LB who plays for Ajax, you probably know of him like but you know

Guilherme has turned out great for me too, scored on his debut for Brazil too

AND i think im going to use the buy back clause for Barragan, got Rafinha and R.Taylor at RB but i could always use another, his stats are good too

Think thats enough for now

Here is an update on my game.

Transfers

liverpooltransfersiz9.jpg

Missing transfers are 7 regens released Etock, Akbari, Faraoni, Mattock, Lansbury and Zeefuik all loaned out.

Here are a few promising regens and youngsters I have.Also I have Facegen turned off.

Alessandro Bertani (Regen)

Lauri Dalla Valle

Fazio

Joe O'Shea (Regen)

Pep Lopez (Regen)

Frank Verhagen (Regen)

Franecsco Santini

My Squad

GK: Akinfeev, Ochoa, Bouzains

RB: Alves, Zaccardo, Jungwirth

LB: Insua, Bale, Jungwirth

CB: Carragher, Fazio, Richards, Vidal, Sakho, Nordtveit

DM/CM: Mascherano, Lucas, Johnson, Vidal, Lopez

AMR/L: Aguero, Vela, Walcott, Babel, Saivet, Villanueva

AMC: Gerrard, Wijnaldum, Dalla Valle

ST: Torres, Kemeth, Pacheco, Bojan

Originally posted by AshOwen:

I'm beginning to think the £42M paid for Messi was a waste of money. He's averaging about 3-4 long term injuries a season, he's just a rich mans Harry Kewell icon_frown.gif

Yeah, I paid £37.5M for him, and he was hurt and inconsistent for two seasons, after which I sold him to Madrid for £35M.

I just finished my seventh season, winning my sixth straight league title and my third Champions League title in four years. The board gave me a year's extension to my current contract, so I'm signed for two more seasons at £8.5M per.

So far this summer, I've brought back Babel- for £35M, but I wanted him back- and signed Fabregas from Arsenal on a free.

Gerrard is about done; he's 34 now, and his CA has dropped to 119, though he still plays OK, so I'm hoping to offer him a coach contract in a year or so. Reina, Alves, and Masch are also starting to get up there, but are all still playing fairly well, so I figure they've each got another good season or two before I have to replace them.

Sweet Zombie Jesus and RCCook

some questions for you

1) What age did Carragher retire at?

2) Did he take a job (physio coach ass man scout)

3) If yeah was he good at the job

I signed Fowler back on a free and he's retiring to become a physio, his stat is 13 so i may keep him on the books and see if he gets better, if thats possible?

I'm only in my 3th season so Carragher hasn't retired yet.I do have Robbie as a physio and Berger as a coach and he has 7 stars for attacking.

I have a problem now.I have a world class squad, brilliant youth players and 200m+ to spend and I'm getting a bit bored now.

Should I continue or start a new game with someone else?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I'm only in my 3th season so Carragher hasn't retired yet.I do have Robbie as a physio and Berger as a coach and he has 7 stars for attacking.

I have a problem now.I have a world class squad, brilliant youth players and 200m+ to spend and I'm getting a bit bored now.

Should I continue or start a new game with someone else?

If I were you I'd save a back up meaning you could actually continue your game but look for another club but also means if you got bored of that you could go back and continue with the squad you have now.

Thats what I've done in previous games because I've got bored, wanted a new challenge but then fairly soon wanted to move back to Liverpool and not been able to! This way you can get the best of both worlds...

Nobody is better than Carson, seriously he saves so many double shots and everything

Didnt want Ustari coming in as a first teamer, just as back up but i wont sign him now icon14.gif

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

SamD1990 thanks for the advice.I just started a new game with Tranmere.

Liverpool Rule---Jehrome No deal.Ustari isn't that good in 8.0.2.Try and get Ochoa or Akinfeev as they are better then your other two keepers.

Tranmere? Hook me up on MSN, ashlfcowen[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk

Originally posted by Liverpool Rule---Jehrome:

Sweet Zombie Jesus and RCCook

some questions for you

1) What age did Carragher retire at?

2) Did he take a job (physio coach ass man scout)

3) If yeah was he good at the job

I signed Fowler back on a free and he's retiring to become a physio, his stat is 13 so i may keep him on the books and see if he gets better, if thats possible?

Liverpool Rule-

Carragher retired for me after the 2012-13 season, at age 35. Neither he nor Fowler became coaches, but both frequently comment on signings and competitions involving the club.

Sweet Zombie Jesus-

I have three world-class regens who should be on the first team this year, and three others who will be on loan.

The three first-teamers are all aged 21- a GK with CA/PA of 160/187; an AML with CA/PA of 150/192, and a LB with CA/PA of 157/191. They'll all be backups for me this season, as I have Reina, Matias Fernandez, and Omar Esparza as my starters at GK, AML, and LB, respectively.

I'm especially proud of the GK, as he won the English Young Player award while on loan at West Brom last season. Plus, he and the AML are both Scottish, and we all know that great Liverpool clubs usually feature a Scotsman or two. icon_biggrin.gif

The other three are all aged 19- two AM's and a DM, with CA/PA of 138/159, 127/189, and 116/193, respectively. They'll be loaned out this year to develop a little further.

Of those six, the GK is the only one who came out of my academy; the other five were all poached from other clubs. My academy has produced a few other players with PA's in the 135-150 range, but no other potential world-class talents besides the GK.

Transfers Jan

In

Balotelli (Loan)

Outs

Németh(Loan)

Arbeloa

Tried to get Johnson from Man city they rejected all my bids missed out on Zaccarado as well.Still cant sell Voronin will move him to one of my feeder clubs Kewell is leaving on free Transfer at seasons end

Just Knocked Lyon out of the Champions league 7-1 on agg back on track 2nd 6 pts behind Chelsea wish they lose sooner or later only 1 loss for the year for them hope they choke this is the best ever ive played since i bought FM 2008 hope my luck changes

Archived