FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Sorry for all the questions but I have one more.Who is your starting 11?

No worries mate, ask away. icon_smile.gif

GK: Akinfeev

DR: Alves

DL: Zaferani

DC: Vidal

DC: Sakho/Breno

DMC: Mascherano

MR: Quaresma

ML: M. Fernandez/Babel

MC: Gerrard

MC: Lucas/Kroos

ST: Torres

just a update on my Liverpool game after 31 games im in 4th place 6 pts behind Chelsea lost to Barcelona in the rd 16 of champions league in the semis of the fa cup where ill have to play Man Utd Torres is my top scorer on 26 goals Gerrard is 2nd on 25 goals & Kyut has 15 goals will reshape my squad weather i win the league or not for 2008/09 season its good to see this thread alive again lets keep it that way icon_smile.gif

SZJ - I was a fan of your tactic some months ago. Just getting back into FM and got a new laptop so I don't have it anymore. Could you e-mail it to me or post it in here? Do you have a new 1 too? I'd have a bash at using your latest version too...

Here's how my season is going icon_frown.gif

33 games in and sitting in 6th. Team has been conceding stupid goals and not being clinical enough on front of goal. I've also been horrifically unlucky with injuries.

Sold Kuyt to Wham for 12.5 mil and got rid of Pennant for 4 mil to SundIreland. Brought in Aguero for 11.5 mil initially and 20 million after 30 appearances.

Transfers I have due to happen are Alonso to Inter for 27.5, Aurelio to Betis 3.6. So now I'm considering who to buy come the summer to shore up the team. Here's my starting 11 now.

GK: Reina

DR: Rafinha

DL: Riise

DC: Carra

DC: Agger

DMC: Masch

MC: Gerrard

AMC: Fernandez

AMC: Van der Vaart

AMC: Aguero

FC: Torres

Suggestions?

I have had Gerrard in the AMC position but he wasn't really doing it for me. He seems to be contributing alot more in MC.

I'll have a look at Zaccardo, been hankering after D. Alves but I'm guessing he'd be the same deal as Rafinha, too attacking?

Another update.

Lost out on Zaccardo to Barca, sold Arbeloa for 9,25 mil and then Roma bid 20 million for Lucas and my chairman accepted it. So now I gotta buy good young back up for Mascherano and Gerrard.

AC have also bid 19.25 million + Pirlo for Reina, should I accept and buy Akinfeev or someone similiar?

Originally posted by Slurmseh:

Another update.

Lost out on Zaccardo to Barca, sold Arbeloa for 9,25 mil and then Roma bid 20 million for Lucas and my chairman accepted it. So now I gotta buy good young back up for Mascherano and Gerrard.

AC have also bid 19.25 million + Pirlo for Reina, should I accept and buy Akinfeev or someone similiar?

u can get Zaccardo on free transfer in the jan windows but he wont come over till end of his con expires

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I didn't break it myself.I took it out of the case,put it into the computer and when it started to load it started clicking and it came up on the menu "please insert disc" so I opened it and checked the disc and there was a crack running from the circle to near the end of the disc.

same thing happened to me with Fm 2007 i went & bought a new copy so i can keep myself happy lol u can get it cheap now i didnt even wait for FM 2008 to come out

A update on my game i finshed 3rd in the league did beat Man Utd in the Fa cup semis icon_smile.gif But i will have to face Chelsea in the Final. im already looking for players for next season confirmed Transfers M.Fernandez,Marcelo,Van der Vaart & Zaccardo will get more players as i want to challage for the league & champions league titles i will put my transfers up when the window closes

update march 2011

winning league by 7 points.

won league cup with reserves and my formation is working a treat.

not bought any big players this season as trying to get more mooney apart from a 17 year old for 7mil

line up is:

gk - reina (carson and a great regen)

rb - alves (barragan and 2 regens)

lb - chiellini (1 amazing regen and 1 really good regen)

cb - richards (fazio and 2 regens)

cb - sakho (carra)

cmd - masch (bodmer and regen called vieira)

cm - lucas (banega and another regen)

amr - dos santos (saivet and regen)

amc - gerrard (aguero and regen)

anl - babel (grreat regen)

st - torres (nemeth and regen and pacheco)

Is it possible to not win the league i the first 2 years and keep the job?

I challenged last year but won nothing.

Im challenging this year...(2 point of top) but not sure if i will win. And they havent offered me a new contract yet.

im i the fa cup final but went out of champs league early (first knock out)

What you think of my chances of a new contract?

just lost the fa cup final in extra time may have to start a new game as i dont have the money to get the players i want ill see how much cash i have at seasons end if i do start a new game for the 1st time i will buy players at the start instead of doing it like in real life

Originally posted by MikeyMizzle:

Im challenging this year...(2 point of top) but not sure if i will win. And they havent offered me a new contract yet.

Very unlikely if you don't win the league in 2 seasons mate.

Just finished my 3rd season, won the double but losing out to on a treble thanks to an FA cup final defeat by arsenal!!!

my.php?image=season0910mk3.jpg

Heres my team can anyone recommend any changes?

Agger wants a new challenge should i sell him?

i think i'll sell kuyt as he's now 29 and not getting many games!

my.php?image=1stteamcd3.jpg

Arsenal are stupidly good on the game, and even worse, stupidly rich.

I'd sell Agger, there's better out there- Sakho should be good enough to take his place now, just started my 6th season and he's my first choice center back- even look at Vidal, i've posted a few screenshots higher up the page. You'll still get about 7-12 mill for Kuyt, so sell him.

well the screenshot didnt appear to work so heres my team

GK

Reina

Carson (possibly selling)

Bouzinas

DC

Agger (unhappy, wants new challenge not sure wot to do)

Carra

Sakho

Skrtel

DR

D.alves

Arbeloa (unhappy about lack of 1st team football)

DL

Marcelo

Insua

MC

Thiago

Lucas

Michael Johnson

Mascherano

Adrien

AMC

Gerrard

Wijnaldum

Diego

Rakitic

Babel

Nemeth (retrained)

ST

Torres

Kuyt (selling)

Saviet

any sugggestions on changes?

yup arsenal are really good!!!!!

i like the look of Vidal, sakho is coming along excellent i've gave him plenty of games and hes done well!!!

is that omid zaferani a regen? he looks awsome!!

do you think i need to strengten my attack?

yeah, zaferani's a regend.

definitely strengthen your attack, take note of Pacheco, couple of years he could become your leading striker. Look at Pandev, Pazzini, Berbatov (regarding you have the money) and maybe Adriano. Saivet, IMO, isn't good enough yet.

Saviet will get more of a chance now as i'me selling kuyt

i gave pacheco a few sub apperencs and he scored one goal in the champions league group stage looks real promising!!!

do ever get bruna to develop into a good player?

i like the look of ayew he would cost me 9mil

i have scouted vidal and he would also cost 9mil provided i cant get enouhg for agger i will get him as the replacement!!!

OST Inspired REPORT TIME!!!! ((I love these))

Premier League

Portsmouth 0 - 2 Liverpool

Team

Reina

Pander

Agger

Carragher

Arbeloa

Alonso

Gerrard

Babel

Quaresma

Adriano

Torres

Subs: Jean II Makoun, Jiminez, Kuyt

Goalscorers: Babel, Torres

Liverpool 5 - 2 Blackburn

Team

Reina

Pander

Agger

Carragher

Arbeloa

Babel

Alonso

Gerrard

Quaresma

Adriano

Torres

Subs: Gignac, Martinez, Menez

Goalscorers: Adriano (2), Gerrard, Carragher, Torres

Fulham 0 - 2 Liverpool

Reina

Baines

Agger

Carragher

Taylor

Babel

Alonso

Gerrard

Quaresma

Adriano

Torres

Subs: Carson, Barzagli, Skrtel

Goalscorers: Torres (2)

Ive decided to start a new game as i dont have the funds to get the players i want i will post my transfers & squad when the market closes will ret to sign all the best young players when i start when they are cheap ive noticed they all go up in season 2 wont do it like in real life will also get all the best players to suit my team as well

Just won the Prem in my first season: W25 D6 L7, +80 -36.

Played a ridiculously attacking formation.

GK Reina

LB Rise / Aurelio

CB Agger / Sakho

CB Carra / Breno

RB Finnan / Arbeloa

CM Masch / Sissoko [Tracking back]

CM Gerrard / Lucas

AML Fernandez / Benayoun

AMR Babel

ST Torres (24 goals in prem)

ST Briand (18 goals in prem) / Kuyt / Saivet

Not sure what to do for next season. Probably get a fullback (or two) and a left mid, and possibly a striker.

Good first season, although I lost twice to Wigan. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyMizzle:

Yes it's possible. However you need to win something else instead, something big - like champions league. I've have a liverpool save where I did'nt win the PL for 3 years but won CL instead. I got a new contract and the board was pleased. However they still wanted me to win the PL at the end of a two-year plan...

But since you've been knocked out of CL it doesn't look good. Not sure a FA or LC win will be enough. Good luck though.

Originally posted by RLC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeyMizzle:

Yes it's possible. However you need to win something else instead, something big - like champions league. I've have a liverpool save where I did'nt win the PL for 3 years but won CL instead. I got a new contract and the board was pleased. However they still wanted me to win the PL at the end of a two-year plan...

But since you've been knocked out of CL it doesn't look good. Not sure a FA or LC win will be enough. Good luck though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a new contract!

I won the FA cup... i pu the thing on challenge for the 2 years anyways.. seem like the 2 year plan didnt count.

I was close to winning the league.. Im playing against my mate who is arsenal... hes got so much money..

but i got dani alves n richards comin in for the 3rd season..

Hopefully i can win the league or cl..

he won everyhting! apart from fa cup final which i beat him in

I'm getting so frustrated by my game. I'm in January 09 and my team just can't score goals. Every keeper I play against is having an incredible game! Reckon I'm gonna get sacked at the end of the year icon_frown.gif

Hmmmmmm, what formation are you playng? maybe try adjusting players or formation?

I'm playing a 4-1-1-3-1 with 3 AMC's.

Current team is

GK: Reina

DR: Rafinha

DL: Riise

DC: Carra

DC: Agger

DMC: Masch

MC: Veloso

AMC: Gerrard

AMC: Van der Vaart

AMC: Aguero

ST: Torres

Isn't Aguero a ST not AMC? Are they playing wide as well? Try using Gerrard to play through balls, and let Torres run on to them.

Archived