The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Will Coisty ever shut up aboot Pies?

Will Stenny ever string 2 wins together?

Will Peterhead stop being so ****ing good?

Will people stop ignoring Dumbarton?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi what about me icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will Jimbo ever stop blaming the testers ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's better, I'm happy now icon_smile.gif

Sons of The Rock On the UP

Yes the rock hard sons are on the march to mid table mediocraty( sorry canny find ma diktionery) with some hard fought battles taking place during the last session the hight light of the night had to be the first half demolition of those pussies the cowden family, god knowes how they are top of the league must be sha***n the refs bo**y or sumint. If cowden spent less time slagin of the pie eatin flasher fae east stirlin maybe he would have had the league sewn up by noo.

Anyway i'll be a bit late the night aboot 9pm see ya then

keep strokin yer pussy's sav

Ho Ho Ho me hearties what a session, what a bloody session!

Stranraer were gubbed 3-1 at New Bayview as the Fifers record their first win of the night and bag 3 goals for the 3rd game in a row.

Jim Hasties Gretna mob are once again in their boring position of 3rd and after we ripped them apart in a 2-0 win at New Bayview it looks like they will be staying there.

Our first away match of the night saw us travel to the Cowden family who seem to think they have a chance of ousting the mighty fifers to the title. We went 1 up but couldn’t hold on as they grabbed 2 gammy goals. A last minute equaliser was chopped off for offside in extremely dodgy circumstances, perhaps Jeff is right.

Away again, this time to Arbroath who are flying high in div 2. I was a little worried about this one as Coisty was getting regular tonkings from the div 2 mob however we proved coisty is in fact pi$h utter and had 1 flukey season where even the pie muncher managed to go up as we gubbed the smokies 3-0 to march onto the 4th round of the cup where we are away once more.

Back home as we face the disappointing Montrose. A nice and easy 3-1 cruise see’s us retain the top spot.

Away to lowly Stenny was the last game of the session and probably the trickiest 1st half we have encountered. However a slight tactical switch by myself seen us grab a mere 3 in the 2nd half as the mighty fifers march on.

Go on have a look at the div 3 table, it's very pretty.

The Spiders Web

The session started in what was bad terms as Queens lost all 6 points in the first two games to quality opposition.

Dens Park was the venue as we travelled to take on Dundee in a very drab affair that seen us only manage 2 shots on goal in the entire game, credit has to go out to Andrew Marriot our goalkeeper if it wasn't for him the scoreline could have hit double figures but it was only to be a solitary Beto Carranza goal in the first half that would seperate the sides in the end.

Dundee 1 - 0 Queens Park

Our terrible start continued as we went to take on Falkirk at Brockville a McQuilken Own-Goal put us one nil up just after half time but we couldn't capatilise on Falkirk's defensive lapses as Colin Samuel(68) and Lee Miller(83) lead on the front line to insure Falkirk victory.

Falkirk 2 - 1 Queens Park

As our road form struggles our home performaces seem to get stronger and Raith Rovers were to pay a heavy penalty that has been coming all season.

Rajko Lekic opened the scoring in the first minute and from there we never looked back with Gez Murphy added a second(9), Lekic notched up another 2 in quick sucsession(11,19) to grab himself an early hat-trick, the goalscoring however wasn't over and Lekic added his 4th 5 minutes from half time and Bates converted a penalty on the stroke of half time. Gez Murphy would go on to seal his hat-trick with two late goals in the second half.

Queens Park 8 - 0 Raith Rovers

The Scottish cup 3rd round is always a magical occasion but even more so as its the first time i've lead the side into the 3rd round our oppenants were Partick Thistle in what was a tense away game seperated by one goal, Thistle were reduced to 10 men early on in the first half and we found Kenny Arthur to be on superb form. Just as we were ready to settle for a replay up popped Gez Murphy on the 90th minute to slot home the goal that lead us into the 4th round and a home tie against Hearts.

SC3RD - Partick Thistle 0 - 1 Queens Park

Back to league business and our oppenants were Partick Thistle for a second week running and thistle were out to avenge the cup defeat from the prevouis week but Lekic had something to say about that when he grabbed himself a brace(34,48) to secure victory for Queens Park.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Partick Thistle

McDiarmid park and St Johnstone were the hosts, now if you told me a few weeks back that we'd mange to turn round a 2-0 defict away from home i'd have probably laughed at the thought but it was to be on this occasion. Lekic lead the fightback in spectacular when he bagged himself 4 goals to secure victory for a resiliant Queens Park side.

St Johnstone 2 - 4 Queens Park

I really have to admire the fight within the camp and nothing was more emphasised than our recent game against St Johnstone when we refused to lack belief even after being down 2-0, Also credit has to go out to every player in the squad as we sit 3rd in the league and in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup we have played over half the season and the future is bright the future is black and white.

Gary Toner

Well as you said your not in till after 9 so the pussy will have till wait till then.

I said I'll Stroke it when you get back!

Cheers sav.

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Monday 13/10/03

Dear Supporters,

Bells First Division – St. Mirren – Love Street – 3-2 Defeat

We start our round up with a trip to St. Mirren, a side that are in a similar league position as ourselves. A poor start saw us go two goals down in the space of the opening 10 minutes as a header from Martin Cameron and a penalty conversion from Ricky Gillies gave the Buddies the early advantage.

However we battled back into things, albeit rather fortuitously as a clearance from his own half say Stanislav Varga’s shot fly up the pitch and into the net for a fluke goal. Neal Clague’s less spectacular, but just as effective goal from 6 yards pulled us level just before the interval, but an unmarked Cameron hungrily gobbled up a chance towards the end of the game to starve us of points from this encounter.

Bells First Division – St. Johnstone – Forthbank Stadium – 2-1 Win

Putting the previous defeat behind us, we welcomed St. Johnstone back to Forthbank, a side that we know well from several fixtures in recent seasons.

Peter Weatherson bagged his first goal for us when he pounced on a loose ball and Cedric Roussel doubled our lead on the stroke of half time and we looked to be cruising, but a late goal from Chris Hay set up a tense finish for us. The Saints pounded our goal and keeper Craig Samson was called upon to make some fine saves to ensure that we held on and kept hold of three valuable points.

Tennents Scottish Cup Forth Round – Rangers – Ibrox Stadium – 2-1 Defeat

A glamour tie at Ibrox was our reward for our cup efforts this year and it was a fixture and atmosphere to be savoured by our players and fans, with the income from the game giving the money men at the club something to smile about too.

Despite losing, I was pleased in the way we approached the encounter and despite Mario Jardel putting us behind after just 51 seconds, we continued to hold our heads high and make things tough for the Glasgow giants.

Weatherson’s finish from 6 yards hinted at an upset during the half time break, but Rangers booked their place in the next round when Steven MacLean raced away before skipping around Samson to slot home.

Bells First Division – Queens Park – Forthbank Stadium – 1-0 Defeat

Gaz Toner’s Spiders have had the better of us in our recent clashes, but our form of late has been good and with our home crowd behind us I was hopeful of at least a share of the points.

However the game turned out to be a drab affair, with only 1 shot on target from the whole 90 minutes. Unfortunately, that shot came courtesy of the boot of Rajko Lekic and it succeeded in finding the back of the net.

Bells First Division – Peterhead – Balmoor Stadium – 2-0 Defeat

Next up was another tricky fixture, this time away to league leaders Peterhead. Once again we failed to take anything from the game as an early goal by Milan Baros torpedoed our hopes and we were well and truly sunk by the Blue Toon when they added a second.

Bells First Division – Queen of the South – Forthbank Stadium – 3-0 Win

We had the chance to remedy our recent defeats when we took on fellow strugglers QOTS. Clague’s early goal got us off to a flying start and we soared into the lead when Weatherson added a second against his former employers. A superb lob from 30 yards by Weatherson made it 3-0 and gave us three very important points to keep us out of the relegation area.

Enjoy the game.

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Gretna A 4-1

A poor defensive display from the lads, the manager was furious at the positioning of the defenders. Craig neeson got our only goal and at 1-1 we would have liked to have held on for a draw. Baillie’s sending of in the 30 minute did not help the cause and its another 3 points lost and East fife are now 5 points clear at the top.

Stenhousemuir H 2-2

Our first draw and we did not need this at this time in the season. Gurserver got both goals and we came close in the last few minutes. We are loosing points that we need to bank and we will be lucky to be second at this rate. With East Fife getting a draw and Gretna loosing the result is not as bad as it could have been. But 2 points lost all the same.

Peterhead H (cup) 0-3

Considering the opposition I think the team did well. We are simply not in the same class financially or player wise. We did not get a shot on goal which was disappointing but no injuries and the Subs got a good run out. Our cup run finishes but hopefully we can continue or league run.

Montrose H 0-1

Our most disappointing game of the last few weeks, the team will have to get to grips with loosing like this we have simply given the league cup away now it’s a fight for second.

Elgin H 1-2

For some reason we are just not performing. Christie came out from the cold to get our goal but Knox has been so poor it’s costing us. We will settler for 2nd or 3rd and concede it’s all over. Why bother when the team don’t.

Alloa A 1-3

Our first win in ages and a professional demonstration of what this team are capable of when they can be bothered. The usual suspects scored with Knox and Gurserver getting on the score sheet and a welcome goal from Baillie back for suspension. Manager Robertson also welcomed the new manager of Alloa to the fold and wished him all the best especially against or nearest rivals.

bluebrazil.gif

stennybanner.JPG

Return of the Roberts - Return of the defeats

Well, I missed most of Mondays session and well, the Stenny lads did not miss me.

4 games I missed

Cowdenbeath (a) 2 - 2

Dumbarton (a) 1 - 1

Stranraer (h) 2 - 0

Gretna (h) 1 - 0

Russell Osman had done a sterling job in my absence.

I was back in time for the match away to Montrose.

I could see Osman had been using a different tactic! meaning the setup I left last Thursday was still untried. With having no time to figure out the formation used or indeed the players I just went for it.

My ultra defensive formation was gubbed 3-0 with Stenny having 3 shots on goal! err! thankfully there was only time for the one game.

I'll be using that half hour before game time on Thursday to pick Osman's brain icon_smile.gif

GameHeader.jpg

It is with great pleasure to announce that Carl Dean will be joining our Clan game as a guest as he is eager to pit his wits against the Scottish Clan and join our quality netgame. Carl needs no introduction, a respected member and top player from the Ucmig netgame and the Italian Job he should have no bother taking on our jock bawbags. Although the Clan is strictly Scots only, evidence has come to light of a Scottish Grand Mother by the name of Agnes from Auchtermuchty, so we felt that we should give him a run out, and he joined last monday's session as lowly Alloa Athletic. It is flattering that our game is so well recieved and so may inquiries are made for a chance to play, but we have 14 members now in the Scots Clan and there wont be a vacancy now for a while. On behalf of all the Clan we would like to give Carl a warm Scottish welcome even tho he is ENGLISH! and hope he has fun and joins in with our jockular 'Banter' and gets invovled with his new club on the thread and the netgame.

Rosco icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

Congrats on a great result Rosco, unfortunately work has been really busy so i couldnt get online till now.

Well played icon_smile.gif, remind me to sack my assistant manager icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah well congrats on winning the 1st division, even though i thought your ass. man was going to blow it when the lead was cut to 7 points(from Dundee) with 3 games to go.

Dog's I watched the game and you had a few good chances. Your team did well considering your absence and pushed E Stirling to the end.

Sav.

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

East Fife A 1-0 icon_frown.gif

This is a game in which we had so many chances we should have won. Knox is now letting the side down massively with miss after miss. We were away from home and would have liked the point but it was not to be. This could cost us second place. The Manager will have to work on Knox and get him back to his best.

Airdrie H 4-2 icon_biggrin.gif

A good result and for a while we looked like walking it with two goals form Gursever within the first three minutes. Amazingly Airdrie battled back with two goals for the draw at half time before Knox (M.O.M) back to his best scored two fantastic goals to secure all the points.

Dumbarton H 2-2 icon_rolleyes.gif

A disappointing draw at home and a game I felt we should have won. Gurserver (M.0.M) and Knox both scored but Dumbarton played well and deserved a share of the points Luckily the Scores for or rivals did not do too much harm to us. It’s that time of the season were we have to take interest on other results when it’s so dam close at the top.

Stenhousemuir A 1-1 icon_redface.gif

Another hard fought draw with Knox netting our only goal. I have to say Knox looks like he will drag us through to second place. Gretna now look to be our main contenders as Elgin are having a poor run of results and Gretna are now third and on our heals for second spot. The next three games will be interesting to say the least.

Stranraer A 0-1 icon_biggrin.gif

With both high scoring Gurserver out with injury till after the end of the season and rock solid Lakie missing from our back four these last few games are going to test us.

This could be the result that wins us promotion. To get an away victory at this stage was a real bonus and keeps us in second place. Again Knox supplied the killer goal but Thomas Courts deserves praise as he was M.O.M and kept our defence in line.

Gretna H 1-1 icon_wink.gif

What can I say about this game, at this point in the season it’s a six pointer and both managers would have agreed to take the draw before the game. With Gretna scoring first it looked as if they could steal the points and second place before M.o.M Knox had his say and scored his fantastic goal that might edge it for us to earn a draw. A good exciting game. (Jim I know you shouted at the screen when Knox scored because I did when your team scored first)

Montrose A 0-2 icon_biggrin.gif

Well this was it down to the last game with or rivals both at home and us away. Gretna I thought would get their points so it was up to us to simply win. It looked like it was not going to be our day after a few misses. All through the match Manager Robertson was willing his team on and he was aware the other games were not doing him any favours with both Elgin and Gretna winning, with things standing 3rd was on the cards. It was with great relief that Knox in the last 20 minutes hit the back of the net and Baillie getting our second to safeguard the points in the last 10 minutes. Manager Robertson jumped with joy on the whistle after securing promotion to the second division, and heaped praise on the one-man show that is Knox.

What an end to a season, I can only imagine the disappointment of Sy and Jim and wish them all the best for next season. Firstly Sy running with me before his form ran out a bit and then Jims Gretna taking it to the last game. I know how close it was it could have gone Gretna’s way and was till Knox scored. 2 points that’s all that was in it and I think Sy and Jim will be up next season but I suppose the rest of the lads in the third will have more to say on that one.

Sav.

bluebrazil.gif

[This message was edited by sav112 on 17 October 2003 at 16:11.]

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Thursday 16/10/03

Dear Supporters,

Bells First Division - Dundee – Dens Park – 3-1 Defeat

Our injury ravaged squad made the trip to the City of Discovery, but our expedition was made even harder when Neal Clague limped off after picking up an early knock.

Peter Weatherson put us ahead when he found the net from 6 yards, but when a defensive error let Colin Boylan in to equalise the balance of power shifted in favour of our hosts. Sure enough, Barry Forbes was lurking to squeeze in a shot from a rebound and when keeper Craig Samson fumbled the ball into his own net during injury time, we knew that our adventure in Dundee would yield no reward.

Bells First Division – Raith Rovers – Forthbank Stadium – 5-2 Win

We knew bottom place Raith would scrap and fight for the points needed to avoid relegation and once again we got off to a poor start when Keith Kelly was sent off for some shameful and inexcusable violent conduct.

His actions let Raith take the lead when Sebastian Schoof rounded Samson and slotted home. A flowing attacking move was capped by Neal Clague’s equaliser, but the visitors where once again in front thanks to Eddie Johnson.

But Neal Clague was in exception form even for his standards and he battled through the defence to pull things level again before bagging an 88th minute hat trick to find a winner. Yet there was still time for more goals; Clague getting his forth by finishing off a counter attack, then turning provider for Weatherson to round the keeper and add his name to the score sheet in injury time.

Bells First Division - Falkirk – Brockville Stadium – 0-0 Draw

Another difficult away game saw little in the way of action apart from Lee Miller missing a soft penalty award. However is showed me that we can compete against the better teams in the league and I only wish that our late run of form could have been put together for the whole season to some form of tangible reward.

Bells First Division – Partick Thistle – Forthbank Stadium – 4-2 Win

Despite having several players missing, we entertained Partick Thistle in our next league match. Clague put us ahead early on with a fabulous strike from 35 yards and Weatherson added a second soon after to double our advantage. Weatherson broke clear of the offside trap to get our third, but the Jags battled back with Paul Walker scoring before Willie Howie found the net with a screamer from the edge of the area.

However Howie’s temper got the better of him and he was sent for an early bath and as we entered injury time we found the goal to kill the tie, when Weatherson raced onto Holloway’s long ball and fired home for his hat trick.

Bells First Division – St. Johnstone – McDiarmid Park – 3-0 Win

Our game in Perth saw us take a great away win, which would have been a key result if we had been challenging from the start of the season. Clague’s header got us off to the perfect start and the big attacker added a second when he let fly to score from 30 yards. A smooth attacking move saw the ball being cut back to Brian Kerr, whose low drive from 20 yards nestled into the bottom corner of the goal and capped a thoroughly convincing away win.

Bells First Division – St. Mirren – Forthbank Stadium – 5-2 Win

St Mirren were locked in the battle for sixth place along with us and I knew that a win against them would secure our place in that position in our final home fixture of the season.

With no fewer that 7 first choice players missing, we went ahead through Weatherson and quickly doubled our advantage when Clague raced away to find the target. Clague then managed to score from an acute angle and crowned his hat trick with another goal just after half an hour of play. Weatherson then supplied a great finish from 18 yards to make me a happy man at half time and give us a five goal lead as we entered the dressing rooms.

St. Mirren came out strongly in the second period, with Mark Cameron’s close range finish and Craig Easton’s 20 strike giving us cause for concern, but we held on for another moral boosting win and etched our name on the sixth place.

Bells First Division – Queens Park – Hampden Stadium – 0-0 Draw

We took our good form to the national stadium to take on Gaz Toner’s Queens Park side, a team that made the acclimatization to the first division better than us. Despite the fact that the Spiders dominated much of the first half, Craig Samson made some terrific saves to hold them at bay, extending our unbeaten run to 6 games and bringing the curtain down on our season.

To be honest I’m disappointed with the results of this campaign. Peterhead were always going to be favourites for the title, but the performances in the final third of our season show that we can compete. That said, I was given the brief of avoiding relegation and have succeeded in that respect. I now look forward to putting together a side that I feel can challenge for the single promotion spot in what promises to be another thrilling new season.

Thanks for your support.

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Season 1 - 10th icon_redface.gif

Season 2 - 3rd icon_frown.gif

Season 3 - 3rd icon_frown.gif

Season 4 - 3rd icon_frown.gif

Season 5 - 3rd anyone icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least your not getting any worse and to be fair you were unlucky this season. Next season is yours for the taking. icon_wink.gif

Sav (Div2 here we come) icon_biggrin.gif

RossTurpieBanner.jpg

Firework.gifstat1.jpgFirework.gif

Wow what a season and what an ending! Season 4 was our best yet with all the guys having something to play for. Bod won the SPL with Albion Rovers at the 1st attempt! A truly remarkable feet considering the quality the 'Old Firm' possess. Dogs won the 1st Division and has constructed a squad of fearsome quality. Urs Truly won the 2nd destroying everyone in the process. Coist nearly got relegated rofl and was shocking again. It was the 3rd Division where the biggest drama was played. Chris Nicol aka Stevethedog won the Division in style and 2nd spot went right to the final minuets with Sav's Cowdenbeath scoring 2 late goals to pip Jimbo's Gretna and Sy's Elgin for promotion to the 2nd.

This season Shire have been awzome the striking partnership of Alex Williams and Ebanks Blak has bagged approx 60 goals. The whole team has performed well and looks set to play at least another season together and take the 1st Division by storm. The clubs financial status is excellent due to the lucrative Scottish Cup game at Ibrox and the fantastic League Cup win over dogs Peterhead. Shire were lucky to win the Final itself and scored with their only shot which was a deflected freekick by skipper David Hannah, very much against the run of play. The fans and board love gaffer Turps and have even erected a statue in his honour at Firs Park to show their gratitude.Roll on Division 1.... Life is good. icon_smile.gif

Well I thought I should pop in and say something.

TURPS: Just Hope Those Vandals Who Wrecked The Late Donald Dewar's Glasses Dont Go And Wreck Your Statue. But Then Again, You With A Traffic Cone On Yer Head Is Just Like Every Saturday After A Couple Bottles Of Buckie.

CONGRATS has to go to Albion Rovers. Winning The SPL on the first goal is superb.

stennybanner.JPG

End of season form gives hope for new season

Elgin (h) W 1-0

Alloa (a) D 1-1

Airdrie (a) W 3-1

Cowdenbeath (h) D 1-1

East Fife (a) L 0-2

Dumbarton (h) W 1-0

Last game result unknown

A good session apart from the defeat from Champions East Fife.

If thats the way we start the new season then, well, I'll only predict better than 9th place.

Well done to all who enjoyed success during the season!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

_erected _a statue<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps 1st erection in 4 years icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Jim u still using it at your age? its no for ****ing over high walls u know icon_biggrin.gif

I liked ur end of season comprehensive analysis say's a lot about ur managerial psyche. All those complimentary things you said about your fellow colleagues was very magnanamous icon_wink.gif Kutbw icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scots:

Well I thought I should pop in and say something.

TURPS: Just Hope Those Vandals Who Wrecked The Late Donald Dewar's Glasses Dont Go And Wreck Your Statue. But Then Again, You With A Traffic Cone On Yer Head Is Just Like Every Saturday After A Couple Bottles Of Buckie.

CONGRATS has to go to Albion Rovers. Winning The SPL on the first goal is superb.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lo Kenny

I am worried about the vandals as well not only is there a total eclipse over Firs Park at sunrise but apparently sales of spray paint, blow torches and pliers have esculated in the town of Johnston icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

I liked ur end of season comprehensive analysis say's a lot about ur managerial psyche. All those complimentary things you said about your fellow colleagues was very magnanamous icon_wink.gif Kutbw icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my 4 year analysis icon_biggrin.gif The end of season version will be posted soon.

You are an irritating wee sh!te you know. icon_smile.gif

I liked ur end of season comprehensive analysis say's a lot about ur managerial psyche. All those complimentary things you said about your fellow colleagues was very magnanamous icon_wink.gif Kutbw icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my 4 year analysis icon_biggrin.gif The end of season version will be posted soon.

You are an irritating wee sh!te you know. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol Jim irritating and wee thats a new one icon_biggrin.gif looking forward to Hearing ur lame excuses and who you are blaming this time for ur own failures icon_smile.gif

Northern Scot Sport

2003head.jpg

Elgin Exceed but keep the heed!

This season saw Elgin Really start to push for promotion, after a dull start to the campaign the boys started to put together some good runs but time and time again our away football let us down and thier were a few draws that could have been wins for us had we put on our shooting boots insted of our furry pussy slippers.

Turps found his team doing well in Div2 and Elgin gaffer Simon Lynn pulled off signing of the season by landing Marvin Robinson on a long term contract. This helped boost our promotion chances as at home we were almost unstoppable but away we looked like a night at the Metro, Sloppy and taking alot from behind.

Next season we hope to build on the foundations of a genrally good team, Players like ex-morton Left back Lee Carswell a consistant good performer and the exciting young Martin Bisset in midfield getting better all the time, Ex Gretna winger Alex Bejamin is performing wonders on the wing with high crossing stats and the rock solid Martin Richards proving youth do get a chance at Elgin.

With a few signings in the wing this season we hope to challenge for promtion but with jimbos Gretna out there and the dark horse of Montrose who is to say. Financially we need to trim the fat from the squad it is starting to look like a turps pie.

Ah Well all that is left to say is Enjoy Season 5 ye fannies!

SY

_erected _a statue<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps 1st erection in 4 years icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Jim u still using it at your age? its no for ****ing over high walls u know icon_biggrin.gif

Turps there is not enough copper in the world to build a statue of you, is it made of pie crust???

looking forward to Hearing ur lame excuses and who you are blaming this time for ur own failures icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No text speak here please. icon_biggrin.gif

Show me where I blame anyone?

Apart from the testers for basic game flaws. icon_smile.gif

The Greatest Cup Competition in Scotland Kicks off for Second Season!!!!!!!

After the sucess of the inaugarel "Turps is a fud" Cup, The Elgin Directors and I have pressed ahead with the organisation of the second annual "Turps is a fud" cup!!

If you want to be part of the action this preseason reply to this mail and you will be given an invite at the next session, We are looking for 3 teams to play a cup tournament but if more want to join we can set up 3 different pre season cup for you all to get a chance! I will not tell you the name sof the other cups as this would give the turp one a chance to react, So put your name down now!

Last seasons winners Montrose started the season in great style and won the right to declare turps "a fud"

So Sign up now!!!

Now look what you have done, if your looking for more teams I’m in too.

Anyway it gives me the chance to play the lower division teams again.

(Rub it in my son) icon_biggrin.gif

Turps is a fud cup

Competitors Announced!

Ok so the teams to compete the second annual "Turps is a fud cup" are:

ELGIN

MORTON

E.STIRLING!!!

GRETNA

This is also the announcement of the first annual "Turps is a sack muncher trophy"

Competing in this event in Group Format will be:

ELGIN

COWDENBEATH

need team

need team

As you can see there is space for wo more teams in the sack muncher trophy feel free to reply to join!

Archived