The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s it Coisty, Sy and Gaz anyone Turps has went all funny on us can we relegate him for that I luv u post…back in the third were he belongs.

After all that crashing at the beginning I just left the training schedules but I should take another look at it I really, really should.

And yes Turps we acknowledge that you now have Alex Ferguson phoning you for tips.

alexmediatalk99%20copy.jpg

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patmoore:

Awight geezers. Had a jolly good read whilst eating some jellied eels. Great thread I must say!!

'I like it, I like it alot'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Oh its the Clown King of the English Muppet Army, my pants are brown kwik lads geez hauners icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

That’s it Coisty, Sy and Gaz anyone Turps has went all funny on us can we relegate him for that I luv u post…back in the third were he belongs.

After all that crashing at the beginning I just left the training schedules but I should take another look at it I really, really should.

And yes Turps we acknowledge that you now have Alex Ferguson phoning you for tips. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Sav! even the great man himself had to start somewhere. East Stirlingshire Football Club....A place where legends are born icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

Your pants are always brown ya wee fairy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye Powlay its aboot time ye got yer nose oot ma choccer ya poncy pr¡ck icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um wishful thinking on your part i believe Stainaroonie. Im going from advice given by your wife icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patmoore:

Awight geezers. Had a jolly good read whilst eating some jellied eels. Great thread I must say!!

'I like it, I like it alot'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Oh its the Clown King of the English Muppet Army, my pants are brown kwik lads geez hauners icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All Hail King Patty ya tartan pansies. Come over geezers and I'll give ya a masterclass. I promise to be gentle with you Scots icon_biggrin.gif

All Hail King Patty ya tartan pansies. Come over geezers and I'll give ya a masterclass. I promise to be gentle with you Scots icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of the clan require your masterclass in uphill gardening. Now toddle your peppermint patty self off back to the comic strip that is the English Muppet Army , and never darken this thread again with your poncey southern presence!

(Lo Pat. Welcome to Scotland. Enjoy your Stay icon_biggrin.gif )

Typical Scots, just like Liverpool fans. Living on former glories icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God this from the guys that cant let the 1966 World Cup lay to rest, didn’t the Scot’s beat the same team the very next year?

Hay you should be proud of your English football, I mean the top two managers are Scottish and French and your national team is picked by a Swedish bloke.

In fact the only difference between the Scots and the English is we know our national team are S.H.I.T whereas you guys just haven’t realised it yet.

Sav.

why dont ye just come and ask uncle Rosco? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet its not the first time you've said that is it you evil little man icon_redface.gif

Obviously when there are more people in the 2nd or 1st division i'll move up but seeing as the majority of human managers are in Div 3 i'm simply holding my team back so that I can enjoy the Netgame experience properly.

icon_smile.gif

Ton the bestest football side in the world?

That was the question going about in the latest Inverclyde football awards of the year. Yes another season gone and another conversation topic coming from Archi McPhersons archive of hysterics!! We might not be the best in the world but we take the next best thing, best of Scottish Division 3. We might be second with 4 games to go but the mingers from eastern Stirling sacrificed there title when they gave up a 17 point cussion to give the mighty Ton a good chance for the title.

Last session brought close but victorious games for the Ton, but Dumbarton were not in the cartogary as, unlike east stirling, the Ton comfortably overcame, crushed and spat out the pips of Dumbartons push for 14 points. Hammond, Fortune West and Uotinen scored to record a score line of 3-0

A trip to Stenhousemuir followed and it prooved to be a bad tempered affair as 7 players were given yellow cards but fortunatly none were sent for an early bath. Mcdonald scored a nicely made goal for his new gaffer but as always, Ton pushed the game to the limits and Fortune West and Reid made the final score 2-1 to the Mighty Morton

Another 2-1 score line was the result in a home game against East Fife. Fortune West scored twice to make Robertsons goal pointless. (see what I did there????? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

As soon as Airdrie gotr a new Gaffer he seemed to disappear again to allow his side to be defeated by a single Fosse goal. Rumour has it, that the gaffer was to scared to play the Mighty Ton.

Tonights session will tell if we are the champions, that we deserve .... since Roonie smells

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Monday 08/09/03

Dear Supporters,

As we enter the closing stages of the season we go into the title race neck and neck with Queens Park. The spiders have presented a far bigger challenge than they did last season and I expect the final few games of the season to be an exciting time for the players and fans of both clubs.

On the road at Forfar, we were looking for a sneaky away win and ended up giving the Loons a crazy defeat. Despite going 1-0 at a corner kick, we soon recovered and Nicholas surged forward to equalise before turning creator to cut back for Blinker to fire home a rasping 20 yard shot to send us in front. Clague then snuck in behind the defence to score on the counter attack and Boksic put the finishing touches on a highly impressive display by beating the goalie to the ball and slotting home.

Next up were Clyde and as usual we smelt them long before we saw their travelling caravan pull up in the car park. Holding our noses, I sent the boys knowing that a win would give us 100% record over the Gypos as well as securing our promotion to the first division.

A stunning Nicholas goal from 40 yards humiliated the wandering Clyde keeper and some neat interchanges opened up space for Branch to double our advantage.

The lucky white heather nearly worked for once as Clyde pulled one back through Whittaker but Clague skipped away from his marked to make it 3-1 and the big scouser bagged another after a visionary pass from Blinker and Clague buried the ball into the next from the acute angle.

Branch then scored from a scrappy rebound and when Chris Young was dismissed, the Clyde defence was reduced to schoolboy standards as they backed off and let Nicholas cap an awesome 6-1 victory which booked our place in next seasons First Division alongside Queens Park. What a treat it must have been for Clyde to get a hot shower after the game!

There have been times when I’ve been concerned with the quality in our squad and this is something that will defiantly need to be addressed if we are to stand any chance in a very tough league next season. I’m busy looking for players to bring in and I am pleased to welcome midfielder Matthew Collins and defender Henry McStay who join from Fulham and Leeds respectively. Hopefully, both will see some first team action this season as they are raring to go.

We made the long trip to Inverness and got off to a great start when Clague stabbed the ball home for the opener. However this was just the start of a rollercoaster ride and Elliot’s unstoppable equaliser brought us back down to earth with a bump. Blinker’s clever flick on sent Branch racing clear to score, but once again the highland outfit pulled level, this time through Keogh. Keogh then put the hosts ahead with a powerful strike, and they were given a two goal cushion when Wyness was allowed to score a goal, which looked more than suspiciously offside. Clague pulled a goal back for us, but it wasn’t enough and the result left us three points off Queens Park in first place.

Another difficult away journey was then made to Berwick and I was pleased in the way my side bounced back. Boksic sent us ahead and a cool finish from Nicholas doubled our advantage. We continued to score with Boksic making a mockery of the Berwick defence to make it three before Nicholas danced past the keeper to complete a 4-0 hammering.

Next up is the visit of top place Queens Park, a fixture that we will surely have to take three points from if we are to stand any chance of lifting the league championship this year. A win over the spiders has proved illusive this season, but I know that if we perform to our best then we can get back in hunt for silverware.

Enjoy what is left of Division Two!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Sav you didn't half make me chortle when I read your desperate pleas for help icon_biggrin.gif thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would be surprised at the help given, they all seem to love Turps so much and have given me a few players to look out for. icon_biggrin.gif

Hay dog’s may I congratulate yourself on how well your holding back your team, I couldn’t have done a better job myself. icon_wink.gif

sav

The Spiders Web

With 4 games to go till the end of the season Queens Park find themself in first place with a 3 point difference, how will this play out? will Queens Park go on to win the title? we will see.

We start of this review with a a visit from Berwick to Hampden and it was the enigmatic Eddie Annand who opened the scoring for the home team 20 minutes into the first half chance after chance after that seemed to go begging untill Gez Murphy slotted home a 2nd of the afternoon on the 53rd minute. Berwick had chances to get back into the game but thanks to some good defending and strong goalkeeping they failed as we wrapped up all 3 points.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Berwick

Hamilton were next to visit and it was to be the Christopher Mackie show as the player bagged himself a hat-trick in a game that can only be described as a rout and the game seen Andrew Marriot claim another clean sheet.

Queens Park 3 - 0 Hamilton

we travelled to Stair park to take on Stranraer in the game that seen us clinch promotion but it wasn't cut and dry as it appeared and took a wonderful solo effort from Jonothan Whelen on the 87th minute to seperate the teams.

Stranraer 0 - 1 Queens Park

Back at home and Forfar came a calling in a game that seen the long await return of fan favourtie Steven McAdam to the starting line up but it was the clubs top goalscorer Gez Murphy who opened the scoring 21 minutes in but McAdam was not to be outdone and he added to the scoresheet 10 minutes after half time to wrap up all 3 points.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Forfar

Praise be to the defence and in particular the goalkeeper Andrew Marriot has he claimed his 16th clean sheet in 20 games or so, Andrew has only conceded 4 league goals all season and he has been influential in putting us where we are and thats on top of the league.

With a trip to Stirling next week we need our players such as Andrew to be at there best in a game that should decide the destiny of the league championship.

Gary Toner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

Stevie, wtf is your last match report about, as far as I can see you've been clean sheet happy and one bad game and your suddenly out for the keepers neck? I thought that sort of fickleness was only reserved for the auld firm fans :p

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing Fickle about it. When your keeper earns six times as much as your 30 goal a season striker , you expect six times as good a performance , especially in big games. What Brown delivered was an insult to the hard work of the rest of the team, and if his bottle goes in a cup Quarter Final against another 1st Division team , then when the likes of Rangers and Celtic come calling , the sound of breaking glass will be heard from Easterhouse to Kilwinning. Hid confidence is high, but he knows hes losing his place to Graham Smith at the start of next season , so maybe its playing on his mind.

Well it’s official, East Fife are to slog it out in another season in Division 3. Not that it ever looked like we might make the top 2 but it was mathematically possible so there was hope.

Next year we will come back bigger and better than ever so be prepared for the mighty Fifers in 05/06. Well perhaps.

The session started very disappointingly as we lost to in form Stenhousemuir 2-0. We couldn’t create anything and the defence was a shambles. Things were greatly changed for the next game……

…..Which wasn’t all that better as we drew at home to a poor Montrose side. Gordon Gilbert salvaged some pride for us with his great equalising goal towards the end of the match.

Once again another tactic tweak and another new goalkeeper as we travelled to promoted Morton. I was quite confident as I thought the tactics were almost spot on by now and my confidence was boosted as Keith Robertson put us 1 up early on. The young goalie Gardner however let us down as he couldn’t get to Fortune-West’s strikes that perhaps Butter would have. A 2-1 away defeat to Morton these days is sadly not all that bad as Pete Abraham would have you believe he is now a “respected managerâ€. This is why we are so desperate to go up next year.

Some more minor tactical tweaks for the visit of Gretna and at last we get our win and totally outplay Gretna. Goals from Deuchar and Robertson sent us on our way in the 1st half and we didn’t look like losing it at all.

We shall play out this season simply be testing the new tactic and preparing the lads for the title push next year.

The board and fans still love me, how bloody sad!

Mon the Fifers!

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Gretna A 2-1

It was a disappointing game with some of the lads letting the team down, only Knox and Graham who scored and Gursever looking the part the part. We did fight back in the game and probably a late off side could have cost us the draw as Knox was on goal. But we have played worse and it was a new tactic and new training schedules this week so hopefully things will bed down. We are happy to announce four new coaches to the staff and wish them well. The only soar point was Darren Baillie being injured and out for 3 months with a hip injury.

East Fife A 1-1

An a away draw and a needed point with the table so close, disappointed to loose Ferguson to a red card. Strachan scored an excellent effort to level the game and was rightly M.O.M in a game with few chances. Again some of the players were not up to par.

Dumbarton H 4-1

A deserved win with knox (M.O.M) with two, Iian Mauchlen and Strachan the score sheet as well. Now boy and up and coming young lad Shearer missed a late penalty but got a good run out for the 19 year old. Injuries are creeping up once again under the new training so the manager will have to keep aneye on the situation.

Stenhousemuir A 1-1

A good result and that point needed to safeguard 4th position. Knox once again saves the day with his goal was excellent, for an away game the team played well. M.O.M Jim Graham was outstanding. The manager is happy with 4th and it gives him more time to work with the training and tactics.

Steven Bell was named in the team of the year div3. Although manager Robertson would have Knox in it, 23goals and 8 assists make him Cowden player of he year. Robertson can only thank his efforts. With money so tight Knox is pure gold and he received young player of the month.

bluebrazil.gif

Well done to big Al for winning the 2nd division championship in what was a keen closely faught contest that went down to the wire and was decided on goal difference.

Also congrats to Turps on his 3rd division championship crown and not forgetting bod who is the first clan gaffer to be fighting it out in the SPL next season.

Can we quit fighting it out with the wee daytrippers with chips on their shoulders.

This thread is better than them muppets and I dinnae wanna see kids stuff being bantered aboot.

Stevie why are you paying him 6 times more than your best striker btw? Have to thiefter him from another clan boy and pay more than the reasonable for him?

L8r's Sunday8pm

JimHastieButton.jpg

Season 3

A good finish to the season for the former whipping boys of Gretna, sadly for the 2nd season in a row we finished just outside the promotion places in 3rd position. We have to look forward though and hopefully a couple of quality signings during the close season will add that little bit extra needed to enable Gretna to finish in the top 2.

We opened last night with the fixture that was in effect the 3rd place play-off and with 5 minutes to go everything looked good, however, a goal in the 87th minute and a couple of chances thereafter meant that it was a sweaty finish.

Gretna 2 Cowdenbeath 1

The league whipping boys were next and after an early strike we were never in trouble and cruised to an easy win.

Dumbarton 0 Gretna 2

New manager Mark Roberts has recently taken over at Stenhousemuir and although they caused some early problems class told in the end and we ran out comfortable winners.

Gretna 4 Stenhousemuir 0

Roll on Season 4, still no sackings in the game and still no managerial movement, realism my Arse

Onwards & Upwards

JimLogo.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Firework.gifRossTurpieBanner.jpgFirework.gif

Shire are the Champions my friends, they kept on fighting to the end......OOOOOHHH No time for Coisty as he is a Looooooooooooooser........! icon_biggrin.gif

Ya Dancer, after a tense and exciting finsh to season 3 Shire have finally escaped the human infested hellhole league that is Scots Division 3. It was a close call tho as Ton gaffer Pete Abraham pushed Shire all the way and could have pipped gaffer Turps for the championship , but quality prevailed in the end, as East Striling won the league in style. It was more than Shire deserved as all season they had set the pace and held top spot. Coisty' challange was commendable and credit is due for making a game of it, but unlike his over rated side Shire did not loose their bottle and won comfortably in the end. Season 3 has been immense for Shire, back at the start there was a 3 years plan for promotion and gaffer Turps has totally changed the fortunes of this small unfashionable club and the fans are loving it. After 3 years the squad has evolved nicely and the pletheral of promising youth combined with experienced proffessionals has been the blend for success and promotion. Division 3 is a very tough league to play in. With so many human managers, every games is difficult and the standard is high despite some dud managers propping up the division. The fact it is such a compact and competitve league makes promotion all the more releaving, but gaffer Turps will miss his old rival chums and may never see some of them ever again.... icon_frown.gif

Season 3 in general has been very exciting across all the divisions. Stevie'bod' McGuiness aka Lambie's Lovechild, has won the only promotion spot in Division 1 taking his 'Wee Rovers' to the SPL after being locked in a cut throat battle with Dogs's Peterhead. In the 2nd Division it went to the wire also with Ally pipping Gaz on the last day for the title, with both them up a division to lock horns with Dogs next season. The Cups have also seen some sensational results with CLan gaffers scalping SPL opposition on a regular Basis. Shire destroyedd the Huns 4-1 at Firs Park and reached a glamour final against Celtic in the League Cup, and Dogs took the Blue Toon to the Scottish Cup Final after humping Killie 10-2 in the Semis. Alas his Peterhead side did not perform so well on the big day itself loosing heavily 4-1 to Dundee, and missing a Eufa spot was a sore one, but i'm sure he will be back fighting again next season. Other gaffers who did well were Jim'bhoy', well his assisstnat really as Gretna played well in Division 3. Sav finished respectively as well in 4th place, as the other gaffers failed to improve much but hey have stuck buy their sides where others quit which has been commendable. We have also seen some new faces which on the whole have been dissapointing apart from new Stenny gaffer Mark Roberts who looks a good accusition to the Clan. Next season looks to be just as exciting as old Clan member Jeff' Grandad' Duke looks set to return at a club as not yet decided. So thanks to all the guys involved for ur continued commitment, and all the supporters out there on this thread. The banters has been first class, and made the whole process worthwhile and a very enjoyable experience, no matter how it all ended up.

See ya on Monday for Season 4

Rosco icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

Stevie why are you paying him 6 times more than your best striker btw? Have to thiefter him from another clan boy and pay more than the reasonable for him?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was away for a session, and the assistant manager signed him. I had offered him a contract when i left , and i came back to find the assistant had offered him 6 times as much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

It was more than Shire deserved

Rosco icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see you admit it icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Jimbo u should have stayed on that scouting trip! and left ur homo ass man in charge....things might have turned out oh so different! I'm gonna miss Gretna, I really really will icon_razz.gif

The Final Four Games

16/4 East Stirling (a)

An exciting week for Stenny, Young midfield starlet Darren Stewart took a fill time professional contract, and new coaches Jan Wouters and Igor Stimac arrived at the club on coaching contracts. Pavel Kuka decided we were not the club for him

The big (for us) match against Champions elect East Stirling, a chance to prove worthy of a place in the team for some players as David Graham was recalled from the reserves.

A heavy defeat (1-4) after equalising in 34 mins to concede 3 goals in a nightmare 5 minutes leading up to half time, manager Roberts was in tears.

23/4 Montrose (h)

An unchanged line up saw Stenny win 3-1. Two from Carson with a rather bizare 2nd goal from David Graham, Efforts to keep Carson on loan for next season will be main priority in the summer.

7/5 Gretna (a)

I don't know what happened here. IMO 4-0 was a bit harsh but Gretna seem to have been going along ok. 2nd last game of the season so not going to be pressing any panic buttons

14/5 Cowdenbeath (h)

Last game of this season, my 7th game in charge of the boys, and for most of them, that what they are....boys

The visit of Cowdenbeath saw McCormick, one of the old heads, get a start. He did not waste the opportunity scoring his only goal of the season. 1-1 in the end which seemed a fair result.

Summer was now upon us and I gave the boys my blessing to go and enjoy their trip to Blackpool. I put Carson on a bungee cord though to try and ensure he comes back next season, lets hope he does!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Welcome back Jeffers!

Congrats to all the winners even the smelly turperoo who was doin all that crappin.

East Fife Champions Division 3 05/06

you know it makes sense.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol thanks for those kind words but what team u voting for? icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome back Jeffers!

Congrats to all the winners even the smelly turperoo who was doin all that crappin.

East Fife Champions Division 3 05/06

you know it makes sense.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol thanks for those kind words but what team u voting for? icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhhhhhhh, just get the final tables up you!

Alloa icon_razz.gif

You understand that cowden and Gretna and Stenny can really only vote for Dumbarton as it needs a good seasons work I think. Airdrie I think are the better team with more scope to go up so I think if Cowden and the rest want to protect themselves next season there is only one team to vote for.

Dumbarton it is, anyway he’s played before and knows the score. icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to welcome someone new to the game. icon_cool.gif

Hay lads I signed three new coaches and they are in the staff list but when I got to training there not there, any ideas what is wrong or is it just the game? icon_confused.gif

The shires change in form can only be said to be exceptional, Turps has turned his team into something that he can be proud off overnight, now were did I last see a change like that, a yes I know.

britboob.jpg

I like the way a 10 point victory is listed as "Just Pips Dogs for the SPL Debut" icon_biggrin.gif

Nah , i think i have one man to thank for my victory, and thats Nacho Novo of Dundee , who chose to have an off day against me on 3 of the 4 occasions when we met, but single handedly destroyed Peterhead on 2 seperate occasions , although i wonder , did he get his revenge in the Scottish Cup ........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ferry Zegel:

TURPS doing well in a CMO game?? what is happening to this world?? icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only took him 3 seasons , 160 players , and a copied tactic to make it icon_biggrin.gif

Nah , fair play to him , Rosco has been outstanding this season, and deserves his promotion. Hes had to spend a lot of time building the squad, and his transfer policy caused much amusement within the clan , but eventually he got it absoloutely right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Hay lads I signed three new coaches and they are in the staff list but when I got to training there not there, any ideas what is wrong or is it just the game? icon_confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

were they coaches when you signed them or just scouts with classy coaching stats? if so they cant coach without a coaching badge icon_frown.gif

Archived