The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

I sense a Gretna spending spree icon_wink.gif, you jammy gimboid. What do you think I’ll get for Dundee Utd at Central Park in the other cup? Probably £10.50 or £11 if that fan buys his usual pie at the shop. Hay Jim that could set you up nice for next season if you go up to div 2.

I really need to get past Utd and get the Gers at Ibrox, or central park is getting sold for flats, that’s it I’m going to start charging for bringing your dog to the match and anyway they always leave a mess and we don’t want to smell like East Stirling’s ground. icon_biggrin.gif

Sav.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

I sense a Gretna spending spree icon_wink.gif, you jammy gimboid. What do you think I’ll get for Dundee Utd at Central Park in the other cup? Probably £10.50 or £11 if that fan buys his usual pie at the shop. Hay Jim that could set you up nice for next season if you go up to div 2.

I really need to get past Utd and get the Gers at Ibrox, or central park is getting sold for flats, that’s it I’m going to start charging for bringing your dog to the match and anyway they always leave a mess and we don’t want to smell like East Stirling’s ground. icon_biggrin.gif

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sav , when was the last time you were in Cowdenbeath? .... nobody builds flats there , nobody wants to move there. The whole of Fife (barring St.Andrews) is a hole of epic proportions. You wouldnt wish your worst enemy to live there .... even if you were Craig Levein.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Sav , when was the last time you were in Cowdenbeath? .....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never been in it mate, it can’t be worse than Kilbirnie on the Largs road can it?

In fact till last week and a wrong turn by my friends I hadn’t been to sunny Larkhall on the way to Peebles and it had I kid you not an orange walk 8:30am walking down what they must take for the main street. When I seen the sign for Larkhall I said jokingly bloody hell this looks bandit country, they do all that orange walk thing down here. And true enough they were there about thirty of them, it must have been a practice walk or something, what the hell are they walking at 8:30am for anyway nobody is even up on a Saturday at that time in the place.

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Never been in it mate, it can’t be worse than Kilbirnie on the Largs road can it?

In fact till last week and a wrong turn by my friends I hadn’t been to sunny Larkhall on the way to Peebles and it had I kid you not an orange walk 8:30am walking down what they must take for the main street. When I seen the sign for Larkhall I said jokingly bloody hell this looks bandit country, they do all that orange walk thing down here. And true enough they were there about thirty of them, it must have been a practice walk or something, what the hell are they walking at 8:30am for anyway nobody is even up on a Saturday at that time in the place.

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have Orange walks most Saturday and Sundays in Kilwinning. The Mother orange Lodge is there so you tend to get a **** of a lot of loyalists in the whole area

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a dodgy place to live. When i moved to Motherwell 17 years ago, my father was offered a place in Larkhall , big house , very cheap. When he was being shown round the house, the Estate Agent asked him "So what religion are you" , and he mentioned being RC.

He was told "Take a drive back through here tomorrow during the hours of daylight". Sure enough, he did , and the first thing he was was the school playground with the red , white and blue painted railings.

After that , we bought a nice big house in Motherwell instead.

THE NORTHERN SCOT SPORT

ELGIN SHOW IMPROVEMENT

As the season hits mid January Elgins season has been an indifferent one at that, but we must not lose sight of the fact that before manager Simon Lynn took over they were worse than Gretna. Simon Lynn worked hard trying to bring in the right pie meat for the team but an incident with some corned beef pies put most of the first team in hospital with typhoid. Now slightly less nieve and slightly better tactically Elgin look to push on and try to fight of morton for the 2nd place spot as the evil Turps looks unstoppable in a pie shop and quite good on the pitch too. The mere thought that Gretna are above both morton and Elgin is bound to sicken both managers but lets not rule out a late charge from Cowdenbeath whos manager is getting something right on the pitch of late.

Heres how Elgin have fared so far....

East Fife 4-1 Elgin

Dismal display as Simon Lynn tried tweaking tactics for a better display, it was better but only for the East Fife Loyal afterwards Elgin shook his hand. 2 goals from EF's Gilbert, 1 from Deucher and a insulting fourth from Edwards left a single Kamara goal looking like a blessing.

E Stirling 7-1 Elgin

Another tactical tweak left us chasing shadows and trails of pie meat all afternoon, Robinson and Kelly destroyed or defence and a couple o fannies wrapped up the last goals. A night Turps will never forget his first orgasm.

Montrose 2-1 Elgin

Our away form is still somthing of a nightmare but things are stating to show a little improvement, unfortunatly so were montrose who deserved to win this tie, A single reply from Kamara was sicked by the Lee Carswell Missed Pen which could have got us a point, We need to work on Pens.

Elgin 1-0 Gretna

Sweet revenge for our defeat earlier in the season, Eat that gretna boys, a single goal from winger and FORMER GRETNA PLAYER Benjamin make the victory oh so sweet. Afterwards Manager Simon Lynn dedicated the win to Wayne Biggins and Carl Muggleton, forever Celtic Legends in thier days.

Cowdenbeath 2-2 Elgin

Tricky away game against the ever improving Cowden a goal from Gordon and an OG left the home side looking good for the points but a double from Kamara let us steal a point.

Elgin 2-0 Dumbarton

Nothing much in this game a striaght forward win with goals from young gun Bremner and old show Parker got us the win.

Stenhousemuir 0-1 Elgin

McDonald the ex-rangers player got us the early goal here against the div2 relegation boys, the score would look vey different if Stenny had converted thier 2 missed pens. 3 points sneeked.

Elgin 0-6 Morton

Remember we used to say our home form was outstanding??? Morton who have finaaly seemed to click, ran riot all afternoon with sviensson scoring 4. Must improve home tactics was the message the board make manager Simon Lynn write on the blackboard 1000 times.

Elgin 3-2 Montrose

The dark horse of Montrose came to town and gave us a very good run for our money, Love scored a wonderful free kick from outside the box and McDonald made it 2 only for McConalogue to score a blistering 30yrd shot and Nish to equalise. Looked like a point before Love smashed a 30 yarder of his own into the net to give us all 3 points.

Airdrie 3-0 Elgin

Docherty and Vareille with a double. Nuff said.

Elgin 1-3 E Stirling

Not on the back of another spanking! The team played ok but were no match for the pie as Diomede, Sinclair and robison sent E Stirling away with the points.

Elgin 0-4 East Fife

Another Spanking at home and a serious re-think of tactic are in order thats 2 spanking now by lowly East Fife this season.

Elgin 1-1 Cowdenbeath

Cowdenbeath are getting better game by game as Kamaras shot was levelled by a Mauchlen Goal. Cowden steal a point.

Gretna 5-0 Elgin

Blake Newbold ran riot on us and its with great pleasure that he signs for Gary Toner at Queens Park. Rather than have to face him at Gretna next season again.

Queens Park 5-0 Elgin

The players clealy overawed by the surroundings of hampden park were then overawed by the play from Queens as they ran out comfortable winners in the Scottish Cup, Annand a player that was offered to Elgin notched a Hat trick to really rub it in.

Dumbarton 1-3 Elgin

Collins Gave dumbarton the lead before new signing Yalsin Karaca from Anderlecht scored a double and Brian Prunty started to show hi return to form after his long injury lay off.

Morton 1-0 Elgin

Our new away tactic saw us take it to the wire with Morton who just pipped us with a Fortune-West header.

Elgin 9-0 Airdrie

Yes thats 9 nil this game was named the Brian Prunty show as he returned to form and whipped Airdrie with 6 goals on the night. WOOO!

Elgin 1-2 Stenhousemuir

McDonald had put us in the lead but 2 goals out of nothing from McFarlane let Stenny steal the points.

With the final furlong now insight Elgin are the makers of thier own destiny, will they gain promotion or will they have to **** it again in the third only time will tell.

Its a dodgy place to live. When i moved to Motherwell 17 years ago, my father was offered a place in Larkhall , big house , very cheap. When he was being shown round the house, the Estate Agent asked him "So what religion are you" , and he mentioned being RC.

He was told "Take a drive back through here tomorrow during the hours of daylight". Sure enough, he did , and the first thing he was was the school playground with the red , white and blue painted railings.

After that , we bought a nice big house in Motherwell instead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got that right, dodgy is praising the place. Anyway marching at 8:30am is taking the **** is it not, truly sad in my view.

I am not religious at all, even though I support the Gers it had nothing to do with my upbringing. The support came about purely because in the year Brian Laudrup (cant spell) joined I got offered a free book for Ibrox and got interested.

Anyway back to Larkhall, my friend Steph a Catholic and Celtic daft was going to shout abuse as we drove past (well it was not my good car so I said nothing) but my other friend said leave the sad people alone, but Steph window down turned after we had passed to me and said dam I was going to shout (cant say on this nice forum) lucky he didn’t because further through we had to turn back to get on the right road and passed them again.

I can imagine your father moving in and saying to the new neighbours early start tomorrow going to the chapel first thing then on to the Celtic game lol that would have gone down a storm.

sav

You got that right, dodgy is praising the place. Anyway marching at 8:30am is taking the **** is it not, truly sad in my view.

I am not religious at all, even though I support the Gers it had nothing to do with my upbringing. The support came about purely because in the year Brian Laudrup (cant spell) joined I got offered a free book for Ibrox and got interested.

Anyway back to Larkhall, my friend Steph a Catholic and Celtic daft was going to shout abuse as we drove past (well it was not my good car so I said nothing) but my other friend said leave the sad people alone, but Steph window down turned after we had passed to me and said dam I was going to shout (cant say on this nice forum) lucky he didn’t because further through we had to turn back to get on the right road and passed them again.

I can imagine your father moving in and saying to the new neighbours early start tomorrow going to the chapel first thing then on to the Celtic game lol that would have gone down a storm.

sav<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mate , whilst driving through Bridgeton , encountered a 400 strong Orange Walk. He parked the car , wound down the window , and held his 1 finger salute for nearly 5 minutes whilst they passed.

Nobody touched him. Whislt theyre bigoted ****bags, the walk is too important to them to start a fight over. Later though , i suspect if they can find you, youre in the ****.

sav<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mate , whilst driving through Bridgeton , encountered a 400 strong Orange Walk. He parked the car , wound down the window , and held his 1 finger salute for nearly 5 minutes whilst they passed.

Nobody touched him. Whislt theyre bigoted ****bags, the walk is too important to them to start a fight over. Later though , i suspect if they can find you, youre in the ****.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even still bod, your mate was obviously not worried about his car being damaged, either that or it wasnt his icon_wink.gif

Trust me it must have been a hired car to do that. Or he drives a ford Orian, I mean what more could you do to that car it’s damaged goods from the start. Even better it was bod’s car he had borrowed icon_biggrin.gif.

Mind you he had big ball’s to sit there and finger them all, respect to the guy he either is very brave or just a nutter. icon_razz.gif

Sav.

AlexHolliganBanner.jpg

After the recent scandal involving Agnes the tea lady and the stolen Dell. Reports are yet again winging their way out the balmoor offices and back onto these forums. icon_wink.gif

Well whats happened to the cosmopolitan blue toon side. Previously all conquering and unsurpassed they have now met their nemesis. On one side you have the gleaming charismatic clean living suit wearing Dogs and on the other side and yes it pains me to say this we have the possil reject (yes possil kicked this guy out icon_wink.gif ) black neck bank working anti-dog tactic maestro Stevie Bod, no i'm not disgruntled , no not at all icon_wink.gif.

Everytime i play bod i pummel him into the ground, i kick his players off the park, i hit the post , hit the bar, but can i beat him .... From a team of a few promising youngsters and misfits Bod has developed a team of never say die , hard working , mature committed players. Twice now with all teams in the first division being slaughtered by dogs world class outfit. bod has turned up with his brilliant if understated team been beaten black and blue, and each time his team has walked with all the points. Luck you might say,i think not, i would say luck if his team was inconsistent and not getting results elsewhere, but no his team sits deservedly on top of the First Division. Infact there is so much daylight between Albion Rovers, Peterhead and the rest of the pack you could be mistaken for thinking that the old firm had been transplanted form the Spl to the First Division. At the moment nothing short of the miracle will enable the Blue toon to catch Albion.

It can be done, with 5 points the gap,Peterhead have one more shot at Albion at cliftonhill and it has been noted that Albion have the harder of the two run ins icon_wink.gif

But Albion havent lost for quite a few games now and have built up the momentum often displayed by champions. It looks like dogs has at last been overtaken after winning the previous two leagues.

So here you have it, I'm Declaring the championship race over for this year, i will be concentrating on bleeding in my youngsters in an attempt to build for next season.

WELL DONE BOD

SD1 Champions 04/05 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mind you he had big ball’s to sit there and finger them all, respect to the guy he either is very brave or just a nutter <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

or he is telling porkies!!!

To bod that is!

Welcome to the Links Park Horror Show

This may well be my last post here my friends as my managerial ineptitude is in real danger of being exposed by my employers at Montrose.

Results recently have not gone our way with 2 quick exits from the cup competitions and some substandard performances in the league. Despite 3 wins on the bounce against East Fife, Gretna away and Dumbarton away the dreaded vote of confidence from the board was splashed all over the local papers. Defeat from Stenhousemuir away only further dissapointed my board who seem to have run out of paitence with my style of management. The players are still backing me, our last game a battling draw with in form Cowdenbeath in which every one on the pitch seemed proud to wear Montrose colours. I still have the fans on side, having been used to years of mediocrity at Links.

If the board give me the backing until the end of the season Montrose will return stronger and hungrier for success than ever. If not I will maybe see you lads again down the local dole office.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

[Even still bod, your mate was obviously not worried about his car being damaged, either that or it wasnt his icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John was 6'3 , built like the side of the proverbial , and it was his car. Hes simply very very religious. Cant stand football , his hatred of all things orange is based solely on the fact that Orange Walks are designed solely with the intention of ****ing off catholics.

Besides , he lived 30 miles away, and he wasnt too worried about his car, since it was only a Citroen BX.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

It can be done, with 5 points the gap,Peterhead have one more shot at Albion at cliftonhill and it has been noted that Albion have the harder of the two run ins icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only team to take points off Albion in their last 21 games have been .... Peterhead icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

But Albion havent lost for quite a few games now and have built up the momentum often displayed by champions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

14 Consecutive Wins. Im aiming for your clan record of 18 (in this clan game anyway). icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

So here you have it, I'm Declaring the championship race over for this year, i will be concentrating on bleeding in my youngsters in an attempt to build for next season.

WELL DONE BOD

SD1 Champions 04/05 icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alex Holligan or Alex Ferguson? ... with psychological warfare like this, can anyone tell the difference?

Albion do have a tough run in, but for nearly 2 seasons now ive been trying to build a squad so that we have cover available when the 4 key players in the squad , McCaig , Silvestro , Diack and Porsteinsson , find themselves out through injury or suspension, a reaplcement can be brought in of equal or only slightly inferior calibre. This season , the midfield has won the game for me, with some amazingly tough tackling and some excellent setups for the strike partnerships. From the back , the wingbacks have struck fear into opposition wingers, and when they do get beat, our Centre Backs have been absoloutely immense.

Albion are a huge amount further forward this season than i anticipated. Having budgeted for 2 seasons in D2 , and 2 in D1 before reaching the Ess Pee Ell , we now stand on the threshold of achieving something Albion havent done in over 50 years. Playing with the Big Boys, on the biggest stage in the country.

With the outstanding personnel on show at Cliftonhill and Balmoor , would anyone put bets against whichever team wins promotion qualifying for Europe next season .... or even this season , as both the "Heavyweights" are still in the Scottish Cup, and have favourable draws in the last 16 ..... never say never , just remember Alex Holligan's mighty East Stirling team winning the League Cup in the first season in Division 3 .... an achievement like that may never be repeated, and its a testament to the strength of the man that his team are once again right at the very top of the clan game.

It aint over till the Fat Lady sings, and Rosco cant sing till he stops stuffing the pies down his gob. icon_biggrin.gif

I fondly remember the night on irc where stevie bod bust a 5 point lead over doggy in the clan game. He was giggling like a little schoolgirl in pm telling me how chuffed he was. I have to say I'm mightily impressed and my enforced absentia from on-line games is happily preserving my undefeated record against bod and long may my record continue icon_wink.gif.

Anyway I haven't seen bod as excited as this since he got 'Rubber Girls at sea 2' through the post. In that lies the rub. Dogs knows what it's like to be always leading a pack, setting the pace, does bod have what it takes to be the pacesetter though? When his personal goal of making a new clan record becomes complete or fails will he be able to still his quickly waivering mind in pressure games?

Doggy will prolly either consolidate or benefit it's a win/win situation he's put himself in. He could end up developing a bit more depth in the squad and having some of his better boys a bet more rested ahead of the cliftonhill game in this veritable marathon. For Doggy to announce it's all over is kwality bs :p

One more question? Do you boys meet the stadium requirements of the Ess Pee Ell ?

Tbh if you told me pies would shout rosco up I'd be paying greggs to open in his kitchen bod icon_wink.gif

Anyone found out if Turps was a fault for not feeding his electricity meter 50P last night as it went down or did his Mac simply decided it was pish and burn it’s self out.

Our last games last night were in the cup and I am sure it saved after my last league game. Because of Turps I had to watch space cowboys shame on you!!!

Theregistry, are you not safe now in the game?

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

Dogs knows what it's like to be always leading a pack, setting the pace, does bod have what it takes to be the pacesetter though? When his personal goal of making a new clan record becomes complete or fails will he be able to still his quickly waivering mind in pressure games?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its now 8 points , and in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup , its Albion Rovers v Peterhead @ Balmoor. Last nights sessions saw Albion score another 19 goals in 4 games , and take their unbeaten run up to 18. If we beat St Mirren , the record is ours .....

Oh btw kura, while waiting in a hopeless queue for CL tickets at ibrox (I turned up at 6:30 am the earliest I've ever attended in all my years of getting CL Tickets and got NONE but I'm sure you've heard why) I got talking to a few bond holders, he affectionally described thistle fans as "They are either students or poofs". His convincing manner made me and andy chuckle.

Also he reminded me that Thistle are the worst team in glasgow and Clyde have more trophies than you.

L8r's Sunday8pm

p.s. Gratz on your run, scary indeed. What about the stadium question?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grizzly:

One more question? Do you boys meet the stadium requirements of the Ess Pee Ell ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Despite the aim of making CM as realistic as possible there is NO minimum EssPeeEll stadium requirement, not even the magical creation of a 10,000 all seater stadium as per CM3, the Rovers will be promoted with their current stadium.

GameHeader.jpg

### Game will be up tonight at 7pm or there abouts. All the data from the last session has been saved including the cup games. I returned at 10-30pm on Thurs and every one had scarpered so we will just resume tonight from the last save which is at the start of march 2005. I have finally sourced a couple of new gaffers for Stenny & Airdrie so they will get a run out tonight to see if they are any better than the last guys who let us down. Good Luck Baz and Mark in yer new clubs.###

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Dumbarton A 2-1

An away loss and considering Dumbarton are bottom it just shows or away form. Knox got the first goal and we deserved the lead but after that the home side came back into the game. Disappointed to leave with nothing.

Stenhousemuir H 1-2

Again we scored first and let the game run away from us. To be honest the manager thought we could get 6 points out this and the last game. If only Knox’s talent could rub off on the rest. Hopefully things will get better. MOM Jim G deserved it in our defence.

Morton H 2-1

Probably the hardest of the last few matches and we win it, why could we not do the same in or last two games beats me. Iian Mauchlen and Craig Strachan (MoM) got the goals with Knox off form. Ahmed Gurserver looks good from what we have seen of him so far and Rotation will be the order of the day when he is fit.

Dundee Utd. H (cup)1-2

A gutsy display and we had the united on the back foot for most of this match. Although Gurserver chose this game to get his first of what I hope of many goals. Knox failed a few times to get that ball over the line and he was close about three times. An end to our cup run, but well be back next year.

NEW%20LOGO.gif

Cha....................Ching

The League Cup semi-final at Hampden was the biggie for Gretna, sad to say it ended in defeat, we were in it until 2 late goals in the 87th & 90th minute sealed our fate but hey always look on the bright side, 50,821 icon_eek.gif punters paid to watch this match producing gate receipts of £980,000 icon_eek.gif of which we got half icon_biggrin.gif

Celtic 3 Gretna 0

oh, nearly forgot we only won 1 of our other 4 games. Did i mention that we got £490,000 for the League Cup semi.

Havana's alround

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Money, Money, Money it's a rich clubs world <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Why , oh Why , is Renfrew full of poofs

Another pointless intro to the magnificent ongoing saga that is Albion Rovers Season 2005/06.

Brechin 2 - 5 Albion Rovers

Its all fighting and hustling down Glebe Park way these days as the home team fights to avoid relegation. An early mistake by McCaig lets in Brechin for the opener, but a Stuart Greacen penalty evens things up, and Nick Weekes strokes home a parry by the keeper from a Porsteinsson shot to have a 2-1 half time score. A beautiful through ball splits the albion defence for 2-2 , but on comes Charlie "The Fox" McLean (because every time he gets the ball , the opposition think "Where the fox the ball ... its in the back of the net) to grab a brace , one a back post header , the other a piledriver from 6 yards , and a Porsteinsson breakaway finishes the scoring, as he grabs his 30th league goal of the season.

Albion Rovers 6 - 1 Queen of the South

It always brings me satisfaction to destroy the junkie ****bags of Dumfries. And a destruction job this was. Despite an early Ian Diack strike being pegged back by a deflected Cameron free kick , Albion went on to score with every shot on goal. Goals from Weekes , Duncan , Thomas and Porsteinsson make the half time score 5-1 , and a late goal from Porsteinsson finished the scoring. However on a sour note , star left back Stuart Greacen ruptures the ligaments in his knee , and is out for 10 months. icon_frown.gif

Albion Rovers 6 - 0 Ross County

Its often easy to forget when a front pairing is playing well that there are other squad players desperate for a look in. A certain Charles McLean was given his chance this weekend, and took it with a Glorious hat trick in the first half. Goals from Miller , Weekes and Porsteinsson rounded off the scoring , as Albion moved 8 points clear at the top.

Scottish Cup 5th round

Hamilton Academicals 0 - 5 Albion Rovers

3-0 within 10 minutes (miller , diack ,Porsteinsson) and 5-0 by half time. The only question was would it be a cricket score in the 2nd half. Alas , it was not to be , and three key players were rested for the next league game, as Albion attempted break the clan record of 18 consecutive wins.

Within minutes of the win came the news that we had dreaded. Rangers were out of the Scottish Cup , beaten by Stranraer, denying the club the chance of a big payday in the next round. And worse was to follow when the draw for the next round was made , and Albion found themselves heading to Balmoor to play Holligan's Peterhead!

StevieBodBanner.jpg

[This message was edited by Lambie's Lovechild on 08 September 2003 at 19:54.]

Oh btw kura, while waiting in a hopeless queue for CL tickets at ibrox (I turned up at 6:30 am the earliest I've ever attended in all my years of getting CL Tickets and got NONE but I'm sure you've heard why) I got talking to a few bond holders, he affectionally described thistle fans as "They are either students or poofs". His convincing manner made me and andy chuckle.

Also he reminded me that Thistle are the worst team in glasgow and Clyde have more trophies than you.

L8r's Sunday8pm

p.s. Gratz on your run, scary indeed. What about the stadium question?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problems wi the stadium. Does sound as though the whole £10 mill in debt when you get promoted thing has been fixed , but i dont doubt for a minute my "Adventurous" board will throw something daft up and cost me millions.

and Frankly , Clyde having more trophies than us doesnt bother me. Lets face it , winning the Glasgow Cup , and then doing nothing for 40 years doesnt strike fear into the hearts of Jags fans when we see that daft wee barge filled wi Thieving Gyppos coming along the Forth & Clyde in search of 3 points theyre never going to find.

BTW , did yer Bond holder say which lodge he was from? Did ye tickle his pinky wi yer secret handshake? ... or are ye no bothered wi all that pish , so he just looked at ye and said "Yer no a REAL Rangers fan" before getting into his Bentley?

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Airdrie Utd. A 1-2 icon_smile.gif

With the new manager Billy Robertson Airdrie now have the new manager they craved. Knox scored both our goals that’s his 26 this season in all games. MoM Andrew Campbell deserved his award. The manager was glad to get an away win and three points are always welcome. Manager S Robertson had much praise and wishes the other Robertson well in the Airdrie hot seat. Billy was probably caught a bit cold in his first match I can imagine as the games go on his team will be harder to get points from.

Elgin H 0-2 icon_redface.gif

A poor game that seen us loose two goals to a class loaned player. If manager Robertson wants to go up he will have to start getting some class on loan. The manager was disappointed to loose a home game at this time of the season.

East Stirling A 2-0 icon_mad.gif

The league leaders were on form, Cowden were just awful. It was expected after loosing to Elgin in our last match. Cowden seem to have hit a brick wall and it’s a scrap for 4-5th in the league with all the teams close. The manager is annoyed that we have not scored in our last two games.

Montrose H 1-0 icon_razz.gif

A nice home win with Craig Strachan getting M.O.M and the ever improving new striker Ahmed Gurserver getting the all important goal. It was a game of missed chances for the usually dependent Knox. The manager was happy to get 4th position again but for how long.

bluebrazil.gif

I, Mark Roberts, just get settled into the managers chair at Ochilview when I'm being pestered about the big Morton match and what team I'm gonna play.

Using the trusted 4-3-3 formation I take everywhere with me, I look to see what players I have at my disposal and pick the 11 players who have been carrying the Warriors supporters hopes and dreams so far this season, maybe a change of position, something fresh, will spark that something extra out of them?

12/3 Morton (H) Lost 1-2

lost to a 90th minutes goal to promotion chasing Morton, looked like I was gonna nick a draw until that goal, first game highlighted the lightweight midfield, too much possession given away cheaply. MacDonald, in what looks like a new position for him scored our goal, his first of the season.

19/3 Airdrie (A) Lost 1-3

Up against another new appointment, who appeared to be away on holiday?, Airdrie looked from the off the better side as my Stenny again looked weak in the middle. McFarlane, who appears to be a target for some 3rd division teams notched Stenny's goal to give the travelling support something to cheer. Unfortunately the manager has nothing to cheer, 2 matches and 2 defeats as the assistant manager points out they were undefeated in 6 matches before my arrival!! Lessons to be learn't perhaps? nah. As I tell the local paper "I'm sticking with my 4-3-3, My aim is to bring success to Stenhousmuir, and how can you taste success when you have not yet sampled complete and utter failure" that hopefully buying me an excuse should we lose out next match!

26/3 Elgin (H) Win 1-0

The return to the team of Stephen Carson, the on loan star from Dundee Utd, What a pitty I don't have the £750,000 it would take to get him on a permanent basis. The 4-3-3 at last in this game was starting to look effective although as with the risk of that formation Elgin has their fair share of chances as well. MacDonald, with his 2nd goal in 3 games sealed a welcome 3 points for me that see's Stenny bounce back to 6th in the table.

As I look towards my next game with East Stirling, and past that, another 3 games left of the season, I can't help but think of next seasons starting 11 and ponder what I'm gonna do in the transfer market over the summer to get some extra options in midfield on board.

icon_smile.gif Welcome on board Mark, and good luck wae Stenny. The Warriors lol, ur team remind of that film aboot the NY gangs what a bunch of jessies they were always doing a bod icon_biggrin.gif Any way i'm sure ur team will battle away bravely, rome wizny build in a day mind icon_wink.gif good luck wae the challenge in beating the duds in division 3! Surely it cant be that hard icon_biggrin.gif

RossTurpieBanner.jpg

Who 8 all the Pies? Shire 8 all the Pies! Shire got promoted Shire got promoted Shire 8 all the Pies!

With 4 games to go and the 3rd Division title still not decided, no matter what happens, all the lads at Shire have done gaffer Turps proud. The last 2 session's have seen some unbelievable cup drama and the team sits proudly at the top of the table and look certs to rap up the title in the next few games. The 2 Cup games against the Old Firm have raked in an astonishing £900k this season and the clubs finances are superb despite the massive squad of young hopefulls. The team is also being strengthened where possible, but the first team squad is experienced and settled and looks set for at least another year together which will help continuity in the dressing room. With division 2 football secured next season. Shire will be able to attract a better calibre of player and the team will hopefully follow other successful gaffers up the leagues to where the bigger boys play. Shire are 3 points clear and have superior goal difference, with only 4 league games to go. Two home and two away games are left to some tricky opposition. the outcome will determine if the title is heading to Firs Park. Coist's Ton have had a great run of late and Shire have to go to Crappielow in 2 games time in what could be the title decider. Gaffer Turps is very confident however, as some key players are returning from injury and Shire have owned top spot now for most of the season, and there is no way they are going to throw it away to the Greenock soapdodgers! Heres how the last 2 session games went........

8.2.05 EAST STIRLING 2 Stirlin Albion 1 ( League Cup Semi )

A glamour semi at Hampden! who would have thought it!, and against big time charlies Stirling Albion as well hehe. Ally Shaws side were by far superior and took the lead through that man Clague early in the first half. From that point on tho plucky Shire battled back and totally controlled the game, pounding the Albion defence at every oppertunity. Numerous chances were created and some tactical changes by gaffer Turps, resulted in a great fight back and two late goals to dump Albion out the cup and a money spinning final against Celtic. Albion were pathetic to be honest, and Clagues goal was the only real threat Albion posed in the whole 90 minutes. Bring on the Taigs!

12.2.05 Airdrie Utd 0 EAST STIRLING 3

An early bath for Airdrie's McGowan in the 8th minuet spelled disaster for the diamonds not that it made much difference as Shire were 2 up after 2 minutes and the 3 points were heading to Firs park by Gowza's bath time. Marv Robinson and Stuart kelly the deadly duo continued their good form and Shire continued to top the division as a result.

19.2.05 EAST STIRLING 0 Elgin City 0

Sorry was'nt here for this one. I was probably tucking into my steak pie aboot the time Shire played Sy and his crap team. Looking at the stats Shire totally dominated which does not surprise me, as no one rates Elgin at all these days, especially since Sy took oer they have become utter mince!

26.2.05 East Fife 1 EAST STIRLING 1

Still away for this one, and the reports from the back room staff claimed the Fifers were very jammy scoring a late equalizer. David hannah scored a fine free kick still to take the lead. Shire used to get beat in Fife in the past..... not any more............

5.3.05 EAST STRILING 5 Montrose 0

The Trose gaffer was absent from this one, and he had been on the end of some real hidings and pathetic performances this season, why change the habit of a life time Sandy, get that UB40 out man u will be needing it soon. Stuart Kelly and Marv scored doubles each with Sinclair also on the score sheet with a raker in the 15th minute. Just to take the total **** and save Trose's blushes, Diomede missed a penalty late on as the home crowd demanded another!

12.3.05 Gretna 3 EAST STRILING 3

Gretna have been dropping points ever since their gaffer Jimbo returned from his scouting trip. The game itself was end to end stuff and very exciting for the fans as both teams were attacking and playing attractive football. Both teams came from behind and in the end a draw was probably a fair result. Shire boss Turps did not care how ever as that was the last we would be playing Jimbo's bogtrotters for a while.....hehe

19.3.05 EAST STRILING 2 Cowdenbeath 0

Mark Fox was very cunning as he scored a fine brace to dump crappy Cowden who were utterly pathetic. Manager Sav must take a real look at his team and his tactics as its a crying shame what he is doing to that once great football club! I'll really miss Sav next season bless....

23.3.05 Celtic 2 EAST STIRLING 0 ( Legue Cup Final)

Wow Shire play in their first ever Cup Final and against the mighty taigs at Shampden. Celtic were by far a vastly superior side and Shire were up against it from the start as the gulf in quality was evident from the kick off. Yet Shire rode the storm and had a chance when jackie Macnamara was red carded in the 1st half. Even with 10 men Celts were too strong however and defensive blunders on Shire's part gifted 2 easy goals. Shirebattled well tho and were winners also as the £450k earned from the 50,000 gate would secure the clubs finances for some time thats for sure.

26.3.05 Dumbarton 2 East Stirling 3

Gaffer less Dumbarton have been the whipping boys this season and they took a shock 2-0 lead while i was taking the washing in! On my return some tactical changes were made, with Mark Fox the hero scoring a fine brace, as Shire battled from behind for a great fight back much to the dismay of rival gaffer Abraham....rofl!

LoL are you guys scary! One post in The Scanland Clan and your on it like fly’s to ****, honestly do you guys look at the members lists of recent posts on the forum. icon_eek.gif

Hay I was just asking for a little info, got to make ground up on the lads on the scouting lark and getting players in. icon_wink.gif

I’ll have to tap into that pie shop next season that Turps goes too and well done on the promotion sorry some of us in the third could not give you a better run for your money, sorry I forgot you got all the money with those jammy cup games. Well at least Pete’s Morton are still fighting with you for 1st place and I wish him all the best I really really do!

Great things happen when men and mountains meet and my Cowden will climb that mountain and play the mighty shire once more. I can always get you in the cup lol. icon_cool.gif

Sav.

Gratz to stevie bod on winning the 1st division.

Now you'll have to buy twice as much kleenex to help with the nose bleeeds you'll be suffering now.

I strongly believe that if the clan game powars on like it is the noo that a couple seasons down the line the 1st div will be a hotbed of action as that 'there can only be one' promotion spot slows down your meteoric managers who seem to **** on the second div after fighting for every point in the third :p

I must admit the line up of managers in the 1st division next season looks tantalizing as they'll have no excuses being with their sides long enough :p it'll be dog eat dog.

Were any questions asked about rosco's cup run btw? and is he noo in europe?

L8r's Sunday8pm

Gratz to stevie bod on winning the 1st division.

Now you'll have to buy twice as much kleenex to help with the nose bleeeds you'll be suffering now.

I strongly believe that if the clan game powars on like it is the noo that a couple seasons down the line the 1st div will be a hotbed of action as that 'there can only be one' promotion spot slows down your meteoric managers who seem to **** on the second div after fighting for every point in the third :p

I must admit the line up of managers in the 1st division next season looks tantalizing as they'll have no excuses being with their sides long enough :p it'll be dog eat dog.

Were any questions asked about rosco's cup run btw? and is he noo in europe?

L8r's Sunday8pm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kleenex? ... I buy those 5 for £1 sports socks from the Barras now. I can afford those little luxuries. icon_razz.gif

Division 1 next season will be amazing. I know the boys coming up both feel that Dogs has a huge advantage over them, but putting faith in your players and using a winning tactic or 2 can offset even a team of Ronaldo's.

Update coming shortly.

Carlsberg dont make football teams. But if they did , Albion Rovers would probably be the best team in the world

Its not often a lesser manager comes out with the win in a season. With a smaller , less able squad, Albion relied on physical strength and sheer brute force at times to record an update to remember .......

St Mirren 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

Sometimes , its all about having faith in your personnel. Its about making changes only when absoloutely necessary. And when, with 75 minutes on the clock , it was 0-0 , Bod had to withdraw Diack for Thomas, and pray for the pace of the young Arsenal striker to bring a change about in the game. In 87 minutes , a push from behind on the youngster sends him crashing to the deck , and he dusts himself down to score from the spot. Shortly after , a long ball from McCaig finds the rampaging Liam Miller , who slams across the ball, which is touched home by Charlie McLean. A VERY hard fought victory , but one which moves Albion onto 17 consecutive League victories. Next up , a chance to equal the record against the record holders , as Albion welcome Peterhead to Cliftonhill. Let the Battle Commence!

Albion Rovers 2 - 0 Peterhead

Tense , nervous , this game looked every inch a title decider for the first 45 minutes. Then , on the stroke of half time, after some horrendous tackling , Blue Toon hardman Abel Xavier , the King Canout lookalike , threw himself into another vicious challenge , and a 2nd yellow saw Peterhead reduced to 10 men. Playing without a striker in the second half , hoping to steal a point, Peterheads tactics were destroyed when a driven cross into the box fell to Jerome Thomas , and JT applied the necessary finish. 10 minutes later, and it was all over , as Nick Weekes picked up a seemingly threatless ball in midfield , drove forward , and from fully 35 yards screamed an absoloute beauty into the top right hand corner , leaving the keeper no chance. Albion were 13 points clear with 6 games to go , and Peterhead were in Freefall. Can manager Holligan turn it around in time for the Big Cup Game in 2 weeks time , or will he fall into 3rd behind a resurgent Dundee side?

The Record was Equalled. 18 League Victories! A home win against Raith Rovers , and Albion would set a new scottish league record for consecutive wins. Every newspaper in Scotland would be there , even the Herald , who found some angle about Michael Stewart being from Edinburgh in order to attend.

Albion Rovers 5 - 0 Raith Rovers

And so it came to pass that the 100 goals in a season was broken , as a Charlie McLean breakaway screamed across the box to the ever willing foot of Jerome Thomas. And as the dust was settling , Liam Miller proceeded to stab home a penalty box scramble. And 10 minutes later , Todd Lumsden did the same to make it 3-0 at half Time. The second half was all 1 way traffic , as Thomas was able to run , at will , at a bewildered Raith defence , and when he laid off the ball for Nick Weekes to travel down the inside left channel , the cutback was perfect , and McLean despatched nummber 4. The Raith Rovers team which once won the League Cup , and played European Giants Bayern Munich off the park , reduced to also rans in a sorry Division 1 title race. Another Thomas run and cross saw Diack stroke home #5. Even when they got through on goal , former Killie hitman Mark Roberts could only watch in Disbelief as he stroked home into an open net , only for keeper Brown to appear out of nowhere and touch his shot round the post. And an 82nd minute counter attack gave Thomas a well deserved hat trick, rounding off a spectacular rovers performance. He could even allow himself the luxury of hitting the post when clean through in the 91st minute.

19 Games on the Bounce. Promotion a near Certainty. Would Bod rest star players ahead of the big cup match?

In the end , the decision was forced upon him. With Porsteinsson , Lumsden , Greacen & McCaffrey all injured , reserves came in , and the next game was a real battle.

Partick Thistle 0 - 3 Albion Rovers

Porsteinsson returned for the biggest game of the season. A win would put Albion into the Ess Pee Ell , and the big money would roll in. After a few false starts , two near post Jerome Thomas headers made it 2-0 by half time , and an 80th minute Charlie McLean piledriver finished the game , won the title , and sent at least 1 set of Red & Yellow fans into rapture. McGuinness had done it, and although Porsteinsson limped off after 16 minutes , the fans didnt care. They had reached the summit of Scottish Football one more time!

Kevin Kyle returns from an unsuccessful loan spell at Morton, and goes onto the Bench for the big match against Peterhead.

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Peterhead 3 - 2 Albion Rovers

When was the last time you saw a player and thought "Hes overpaid, overrated, and its about time we got rid of him" .... unfortunately , that player is Albion keeper Mark Brown. From the moment Peterhead took an early lead , equalised by a Charlie McLean strike , you sensed something was wrong with Brown. He lost the ball , his kicking was poor , and when he turned a Kevin Byers shot into his own net , you knew this wasnt going to be Albions day. Porsteinsson scoring a wondergoal to level things brought about some optimism , but when Brown flapped at a cross , and then flapped at the subsequent Porhallson header , Albions time in the cup was over, and Brown was staring at a new club. The streak ends ..... but not in the league.

StevieBodBanner.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sav112:

Hi, good to see an online game going as great as the one I’m in (The Scots Clan)we have 14 players and we all play Scottish teams and we all start in div 3. We are on our third season and some of the lads have made it to div 1.

So far its been great but I would love some info on some lower English teams and great players you have found. If you find someone that’s a real talent I would love him in my team online sorry to say my budget is usually 20-30K

So if you find someone give me a buzz, if you are on the look out for some Scottish players I’ll try and help out.

Stewart.r@ntlworld.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

HO HO HO!

This is me , Chick Young , standing where i am which is here..

(Chick) So Sav, having realised you cannae cut it wi the big boys in the scottish clan, youve now been "Outed" by a major national newspaper as seeking advice from anyone who will listen to your whining stories. My question to you Sav ... "How Come Youre So Crap" .... i mean , other lads would just browse the tactics forum, check out GPG , and watch how their opponents played. Youve gone screaming to a bunch of nancy boy's called Bambi & OJ. How can you hold your head up high walking down Cowdenbeath high street?

(Sav) Can i phone a friend Chick?

(chick) You havent got any sav.

(Sav) *cries* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA N1 Bod icon_biggrin.gif

I knew that was coming! And yeah I read all the forums on tactics and training and got some new ideas on them. Turps you gave us all hope after going from absolute crap like the rest of us to only losing 4 games, either your new training staff kicked in or it’s a nice wee tactic you’ve found or possibly copied from the lads above. icon_wink.gif

So given you got near on a million will you buy prunty off the tic cos the guy just get’s on my tit’s on loan and I cant face another season facing the man, only joking.

I have to laugh last session I thought while the cup games are being played I’ll have a look for a few players so off I go to Scandinavia and off to this team I haven’t heard off but they seem to be playing well and look at the attacking mid of their team, he looks solid lets see his stats Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Interested Clubs East Stirling, the turpster strikes again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Sav.

Lol Sav u should buy him then! I canny believe u were asking those peewee Scanland bumboys for advice why dont ye just come and ask uncle Rosco? I am glad i give u hope man, but i was never absolutely crap, i just started with the worst team and the players were inferior. Sure it takes time to find a winning formula that suits ur club, but ye gotta find one fast or u will be doomed, especially in such a competitive netgame. Scouting is very important, Shire have attracted some descent players with the poorest of wages, maybe yer 2 lazy man its not rocket science ye either have it or ye dont. It amazes me how we are near ending season 3 and some guys in the clan are playing the same failed tactics and systems, crap training regimes and playing the same players that let them down continually. You gotta always be evolving ur team, and all aspects of the football club. Maybe yev just found ur level Sav, and yer destined to be crap forever, I dunno. Hell, i'm gonna miss guys like u next season. I wish u as the best Sav i really really do.... icon_frown.gif

I'm grinning from ear to ear here at the way that muppet sav got caught out. You can't put one past the scots clan that easily.

Stevie, wtf is your last match report about, as far as I can see you've been clean sheet happy and one bad game and your suddenly out for the keepers neck? I thought that sort of fickleness was only reserved for the auld firm fans :p

Can someone post an update on the Scottish cup, I assume the semi final fixtures are still to be played and I would love to see the line up as I think doggy will redeem himself with a spectacular win at hampden. I refuse to believe he is having a nothing season.

L8r's Sunday8pm

Ok I’ll emit my tactic’s are still slowly coming and I’ll have to get a few decent coaches in for next season and the training is still way off but I’ll get there and that’s part of the fun. To be fair I thought I’d be worse in the game 5th last season and a possible 4th this session will do for now.

I plan to spend some quality time on tactics and training.

Some of us don’t have the luck of having two old firm games cup games but I wish you luck in next season and I am sure well meet in a division again.

Sav

Some of us don’t have the luck of having two old firm games cup games but I wish you luck in next season and I am sure well meet in a division again.

Sav<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Sav u create yer own luck man. Shire beat some difficult Ai and human opposition (Gaz and Ally) to get to the League Cup Final. And drawing Rangers in the 3rd Round is the first sniff of the OF I have had in 3 seasons. I am glad you are learning and still having fun. At least you are commited, unlike some of the loosers who have left when they have been found out. Should you have not sorted yer backroom staff and training when u took oer at Beath tho icon_confused.gif

Archived