The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sav i suggest you contact me on clan night to discuss this.

I dont like you starting to band names about.

Who on earth would want to delete your clan updates anyway, think about it.

The forum was transfered to another server on friday past, as of yet not all settings have been set up with regards avatars etc.

Who exactly are you calling a prat boy, spotty virgin, poor, anyway, i mod this forum so i take it that means me.

I've checked your post history and there's no record of any posts been deleted btw, like i said before who would take an interest in your posts?

Your atitude stinks mate , you have been in the Scots Clan for a wee while and you come on in and start shouting odds about this forum and name calling the mods ( me). It actually will remind me to tell Rosco to stop recruiting immature schoolies into the clan. Because name calling and greeting makes you stand out like the so called prat you've been shouting about.

I would stop hitting the tab key when you write your long posts btw, that can also have the magical effect of deleting your own posts aswell.

im not part of this clan but dogs is one of the best mods around and whats the point in resulting in name callin u should be proud u are in the scottish clan and just get on with the game instead of insulting the hard working mods that run this forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

Your atitude stinks mate , you have been in the Scots Clan for a wee while and you come on in and start shouting odds about this forum and name calling the mods ( me)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on. Ive been doing that for years now. When do i get read the riot act? icon_cool.gif

Pfft .... you spend years trying to rile the mods, and some newbie comes along and steals yer thunder. icon_mad.gif

Whits the world coming to ... next thing you know, Killie will be winning at Ibrox. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris101:

im not part of this clan but dogs is one of the best mods around and whats the point in resulting in name callin u should be proud u are in the scottish clan and just get on with the game instead of insulting the hard working mods that run this forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris , history shows the best way to defuse a situation is to let the mod handle it himself. Us all jumping in on one side or the other just creates a bigger situation.

Dogs is a big lad now. He can handle himself. well , when the wife lets him that is icon_razz.gif

Guest sav112

My last four posts with pics have been deleted. The screen refreshes to show me the post has been added and the pic is pending mod approval. Then when I look the next day it’s either still pending or gone and I have to try and find my game notes.

Sorry about it Dogs I don’t blame you at all, why would you delete post of our clan.

I had just finished a page of notes on my last five games and gave the usual descriptions of the players and points won and lost and how that jammy Turps beat the mighty Gers and frightened the crap out of me as I was next up on his hit list. Added a nice wee pic 6-8K Gif file and posted it, it refreshed and was added and I stupidly forgot to save the word file. So when I added my rant I was a little ****ed by the fact it had gone and I hadn’t saved my text just in case and the fact four other posts have gone the same way.

I’ll type up new notes as I did get a screen dump at the end of Monday night.

Sav.

Stop attaching pictures to posts other than screenshots of CM League tables or whatever is considered *essential* to the running of the online game (such as the league table TURPS posts) they serve no purpose and costs money for server storage.

If you want to post pretty pictures then get your own webspace and link to them.

sav112 : You call anyone an arsehole again and it will be the last words you say on these forums. I suggest you acquaint yourself with the house rules.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris Dorey:

Stop attaching pictures to posts other than screenshots of CM League tables or whatever is considered *essential* to the running of the online game (such as the league table TURPS posts) they serve no purpose and costs money for server storage.

If you want to post pretty pictures then get your own webspace and link to them.

sav112 : You call anyone an arsehole again and it will be the last words you say on these forums. I suggest you acquaint yourself with the house rules.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sav, Please take note of this, Please avoid images with no relevance as it defeats the idea of being able to use images, please read forum settings thread from Dogs who will be monitoring this closly.

I know for one thing this arguement has spoilt this usually good thread which the veteran Scot players have made near legendary.

Stick to on topic image posting and also stop airing dirty laundry in public. Email privately disputes. I would now like to read on about the scots game so I consider no more on this subject.

Hey Stew post what ever ye want its a free country, Just use a bit of the old 'Sav' when ye do it icon_wink.gifAs Clan Host I am going to fine u 10p for ur outburst and lack of respect. You have tarnished the reputation of this noble Clan and upset the beaks @ S.I, Mods, Helpers and every one at Cowdenbeath Football Club, you are a disgrace and very bad boy indeed!icon_mad.gif

Bur Remember as long as the Scottish Clan remain alive, we shall never under any conditions submit to the domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we play Champo, but only for a little BANTER! Which no good Scot will consent to lose with out............

TurpsLogo.jpg

Guest sav112

Well if some one had told me that uploading was limited I would have stopped posting pics how ever small instead of just deleting my posts Text and all.

All I really was asking was a quick response may I point out in the future you attach a quick post saying sorry due to limited space and money can you stop uploading images rather than delete the entire post and say nothing, saying nothing just does not work in the real world. Anyway thanks for clearing it up and I’ll take Turps lead and use my web space or other web space with my posts.

How simple can it be to say hay you Cowden fanny stop posting pics!!!! After all

Sav

I’ll post my

Notes soon

Guest sav112

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

East Stirling A 0-0 icon_biggrin.gif

A game most fans will forget, after Stirling’s game with the Gers manager Robertson played his most defensive formation and the team played to it. A priceless point gained from a team on form and scoring for fun.

Montrose H 3-1 icon_biggrin.gif

An excellent home game with a win after starting poorly in loosing the first goal. Credit to Montrose up till we got a penalty it was evens and manager Robertson would even concede Montrose just had a slight edge on the home side till that point.

After the third it was time to simply close shop and as our last game suggest against Turps if we defend we do it well. Courts was fantastic in Defence and deserved MOM and the two goals from Mauchlen were class as well.

Gretna A 4-0 icon_eek.gif

A rather disappointing game loosing 4-0 when the team has been playing well but it’s the usual away form that you just cant get for love nor money. Gretna look good for promotion this year if they continue to play like this. The only high point for Cowden was the return of Bell.

Morton A 4-1 icon_rolleyes.gif

Will we ever win away from home. Knox got our only goal a bit too late, but its good for the lad to score. Manager Robertson simply shrugged his shoulders when the whistle went.

East Fife 0-0 icon_razz.gif

A welcome away point, we held on for a point and that’s all that can be said when we had zero shots on goal. Jim graham got MOM and deservedly so in a team that is so poor away. A needed point.

They may take or posts but they will never take our

TurpsLogo.jpg

Guest sav112

QUOTE]

Sav, Please take note of this, Please avoid images with no relevance as it defeats the idea of being able to use images, please read forum settings thread from Dogs who will be monitoring this closly.

I know for one thing this arguement has spoilt this usually good thread which the veteran Scot players have made near legendary.

Stick to on topic image posting and also stop airing dirty laundry in public. Email privately disputes. I would now like to read on about the scots game so I consider no more on this subject.

As you have said these posts have nothing to do with a wicked Clan game, so do me a favour and I’ll forgive you Mods and delete the few irrelevant posts as the subject is now cleared.

Sav.

Clear the thread right up will you.

Ross Turps to become Pete Abraham's B1tch

Yes, its true. The East Stirling Gaffer finaly admited that Coisty was far the superior gaffer, and even with ES super tactics it could not over hual Pete's superior footballing wisdom.

The session kicked of with a home quater final league cup game against Ally Shaw'sStirling . Ton fuaght hard but could not contain the emense skill of Boksic who scored a hattrick and Clague scored another just to remind us of Stirlings dominance in Div 3 last season. Svensson pulled one back to make the full time score 1-4

East fife came to Cappilow on league business and went away without any points but heads held high in the knowledge that the brought a good full game of attacking football and gave the crowd a thriller. Ton won 5-3 but it could of been anybodies game. Sviensson prooved yet again that he was just as good as the departed Williams by banging 3 goals and patterson and fosse brought home the 4th and 5th. Gilbert and Robertson with 2 were the East Fife scorers.

Airdrie are always a hard side to beat and when the travelled to Greenock they should us what we will have to compete against when we get promoted this season. the score was 1-2 to Airdrie with McGuire and John Maisano scoring for the diamonds and also scoring at the other end by McGeown to gift the ton a conselation goal.

Ton went hungry for a away win against Elgin and after Kilcaslan, Millar and Sviensson's 4 goal we went away pretty confident that we made the home side take notice. Full time 0-6

Cowdenbeath were next up and after our last game we wanted to keep up the good form and Uotinen, Kilisclan and yet again the Icelandic genuis Sviensson made sure we ended the game 3-0 up.

My B1tch's came to Ton thinking that they had out grown there skirts but Abraham made them wear them again with a superb display By the home side. Sviensson scored and later on ES's defender Balmer was given the ball and stood there flapping his hands and wishing he did not have it, so he tried to get rid of it by putting it into his own goal to Make the Ton 2-0 winners.

After the match Roonie tried to cheat yet again by a attempt in crashing the game so that the score line wouldn't stand. But he knew that we were all wise to hisdevious Bishopton ways so he had no choice but to admit defeat.

For those who have not seen what Roonie looks like yet.

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Monday 25/08/03

Dear Supporters,

Only Pete Abraham’s Morton stood between us and a semi final place as we clashed in the League Cup Quarter Final. The trip to Greenock has never been an easy one for us in previous years, but ultimately out superior quality carried us through.

Boksic’s goal from a corner kick put us ahead and the Croatian instantly responded to Sviensson’s equaliser by scoring from close range.

A cool finish after Clague’s knock down gave Boksic his hat trick and the 4-1 win was rounded off when Nicholas crossed to the near post and Clague stroked the ball home.

It was a convincing win and I’m thrilled at the prospect of a semi final clash.

We put such thoughts aside and returned to the bread and butter of the league and a trip to Inverness Caledonian Thistle. A 5-0 rout demolished the highlanders and was started with Tom Cowan getting forward to bag his first goal for the club. Nicholas then danced around the keeper to make it 2-0 before Boksic tapped home for another.

Clague then rounded the goalie and finished to put the game beyond doubt and a deft finish from Nicholas on the stroke of full time rounded off an emphatic victory to send us 4 points clear at the top. The win also set a new club record and I’m proud to announce that our seventh win on the trot goes into the history books.

With the team high on confidence, we travelled to Berwick and notched up another good away win.

Boksic scored a real poacher’s goal to break the deadlock and Clague’s thunderous 30 yard strike doubled our advantage.

Forrest pulled one back for Berwick with an equally spectacular 30 yard rocket just before half time, but when Boksic headed in from Murray’s long throw the result was put beyond doubt.

However some bad midweek news came with the injury to Goalkeeper Craig Samson, who is expected to be out for 2 months with a groin strain. Fortunately, we have a number of talented stoppers at the club and Graeme Smith will be an able replacement who will no doubt be seeking to reclaim the number one jersey.

The visit of Alloa gave us a tough game and it took a wonderful goal from Nicholas, who burst forward to score from the edge of the box, to end the stalemate.

A 2-0 win was sealed when Turner bundled the ball into his own net to give us another three points.

Our impressive form of late was recognised with Neal Clague picking up the Bells Player of the Month award, while I gratefully scooped the Bells Manager of the Month award.

Stranraer had already beaten us on their turf this season and when Kerr put them a goal up I feared that out winning ways were coming to an end, but a leveller from Mortimer sparked out comeback and Fisken’s determined goal gave us another precious three points.

Yet we were in for another blow as Graeme Smith pulled up in training with a pulled hamstring and will be missing for around three weeks.

The injury forced me to look to William Bald for cover in between the sticks for our game at Arbroath and the youngster took an early blow when Walton scored inside a minute. Feroz scored a screamer in the top corner to make it two and with our defence all at sea, Walton tapped in for 3-0. Boksic gave us a lifeline just after half time and when Nicholas cut through the defence to make it 3-2, it looked like a dramatic rescue could be on the cards. However some awful defending gave Feroz another goal and not even Clague’s goal in injury time was enough to recover from some awful play.

The result ended our run of 10 back to back wins, but we remain perched at the top of the league and will defend our position with all our might.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

ok lads all posts with images have to be post moderated before they get put on the forum.

The cost to the server for this forum which incidently is provided for free, is high.

That is why pics which were deemed non relevant to the CMO were auto deleted. This is being looked at. ATM the pics tab is available but is subject to review. If its abused it will be removed, simple. Even then if its deemed to expensive a feature to keep on board, it will be removed.

Sav i dont want to see any more silly slanderous posts on this forum. Angry or not, if something ****es you off. pm me we'll sort it out. (oh and dont listen to Rosco's braveheart speeches, hes just sending you to your doom!!)

Guest sav112

No prob’s dog’s, I just didn’t get that fact the option was there to post images and because I was using it my posts were getting deleted. As you said Auto-delete did it so in that case you were in the dark as much as I was. As a member of a few forums and having never moderated one I was just getting a little annoyed as I never new Auto-delete existed I just thought it was a person and in that case from the person I wonted an explanation.

Dogs can I use pic’s like the way I done it in my Match report above with links from other sites. If that’s the way to get pics in and if it save the forum money then I’m all for it. To be fair I didn’t even know you were a mod, I would have asked you other wise.

Can you clean the posts up and save even more space then.

Harry Rag again an excellent post mate, you do the clan proud. With you and Gaz in the other division it’s the only way I can really follow you progress how you get seven wins on the trot is beyond me, I think I won 5 in a row last season.

And best of all the Gers won away Champion leagues anyone…………thay must have had a Turps pork pie each.

_39450213_porkpie_colour_66.gif

### SHIRE ON FIRE ###

Pie Tastico! The fantastic start to the season and good form has sensationally continued into the Cup competitions! The new club diet of pie meat and grizzle has certainly worked wonders and fueled the surge thats for sure! Although top place in the league has been maintained some points have been dropped with a few draws recorded in the last session. Airdire and Gretna are proving worthy contenders also, as they are performing well and pushing Shire hard at the top of the table. However gaffer Turps is very confident that the good form can be maintained and come the end of the season we will be challenging for promotion. hers how last sessions games went.......

10.11.04 EAST STIRLING 4 Rangers 1 (League Cup 3rd Rnd)

This was the biggest game at Firs Park for years and the visit of the Glasgow Giants would rake in some much needed finance as the Huns massive support gorge on Shires famous Pies. Shire got off to a poor start as skipper Colin 'Braveheart' Hendry was crocked in the opening minutes. More bad luck followed as Shire star winger Bernard Diomede was dismissed after only 11 minutes by the mason Referee Mike Ritchie. However Rangers were obviously very uncomfortable playing at our sh¡thole of a ground and Shire battled hard to shock the visitors. Fans favourite Stuart Kelly was the hero with a fine hat-trick and Lee Norton converted a penalty to compile the misery for Rangers. This cup shock was the best result in Shire's history and was remarkable considering we played with 10 men and inferior players. Its amazing what a diet of piemeat and grizzle can do thats for sure!

13.11.04 EAST STRIRLING 0 Cowdenbeath 0

The team were buzzing after the great cup win and it was surprising that none of the numerous chances were converted past plucky Beath. Shire totally dominated the match but must have still been recovering from their cup hangovers as Sav and his team defended steadfastly to deny Shire all 2 points.

20.11.04 Dumbarton 0 EAST STIRLING 2

The Sons are really struggling since their drop to our competitive devision. previous Clan mangager Kenny Wilson had destroyed a once good team, so nothing more than a win was expected. Shire did not dissapoint as in form strikr kelly scored a fine double to dump the sons and reinforce Shire at the top of the table.

24.11.04 EAST STIRLING 6 Queens Park 1 (League Cup Qtr Final)

Gary Toner's poofy Queens were obviously playing the A.I too much as he was totally steam rollered on his visit to his old stomping ground. Shire were totally immense, Marv Robinson bagged a hat- trick and kelly a fine double. The Spiderz should be totally ashamed after that performance and questions asked why he is in football management!

27.11.04 EAST STIRLING 1 Stenhousemuir 1

The games are coming thick and fast now for Shire and the fantastic performances of late have taken there toll although the dressing room and aquad morale is buzzing. Shire dominated stenny and with the home advantage. Stenny are a descent team howver and battled back to earn a draw and cancel Marv Robinson's 1st half strike as the good form and unbeaten run continues......

1.12.04 EAST STIRLING 1 East Fife 1

Another draw but this time a point gained as Shire battled back after a dive in the box allowed the 'Icelandic' to score an early penalty. A bursting run and shot through the Fifers defence salvaged a point in what has been a bogey team of sorts. A dissapointing result tho never the less as East Fife under gaffer Chris Nicol are fading force in Scottish Football!

4.12.04 Morton 2 EAST STIRLING 0

Ach well the good run had to come to an end at some point so who better to give some points too than struggling rival gaffer Pete Abraham and his underachieving team. Balmer obliged and scored an o.g as some key players were rested for the coming games against more difficult opposition. Give a little back.. I feel sorry for Peter, he is such a looser..... icon_biggrin.gif

The Spiders Web

Were on the road again oh yeah isn't that how the song went, dropped points, missed chances and sleepy defenders meant this game had it all but unfortunatly it didn't have too many goals. Chris Mackie who is fast becoming a fan favourite opened the scoring on the 10th minute and that was the way the score was to stay until 10 minutes from time when Stranraers Rae raced on to a loose ball and converted the chance home to give Stranraer a share of the spoils.

Stranraer 1 - 1 Queens Park

It seems to be the case that we turn in a great performance after a dull one and this was no exception. Forfar came to Hampden in antcipation and they were to be sadly disappointed. Gez Murphy who is turning out to be a shrewd buy so far turned in another solid performance capped off by the opening goal on the 44th minute, Murphy was also instrumental in the 2nd goal a minute later when he set up Eddie Annand on the edge of the box who fired home. The game was rounded off by a superb piece of solo work when a dinky little run past 3 players left youngster Allan McLaughlin with only the keeper to beat and that he did 13 minutes from time to send the home fans home happy.

Queens Park 3 - 0 Forfar

League Cup quarter final and what can i say the game was dire from our point of view and i'm very disappointed in the players as the crumbled one by one to an on fire Shire. A quickfire double from Kelly before ten minutes had past sent shockwaves through the entire Queens Park team this was followed by a superb hat-trick from big Robinson with Gez Murphy grabbing a consolation. The second half was a sharp contrast from the first with the only real chance fallen to shire's Hannah which he fired home to cap off a wonderful day for Shire. I'd also like to take this oppurnity to wish all the best in the semi and heres to a lower leauge winner.

East Stirling 6 - 1 Queens Park

The aftermath of the cup game was to be felt and it looked as if it was going to carry on when we travelled to Broadwood to take on Clyde when Convery fired home the opener 9 minutes in to put Clyde one up. With accusing looks and slight arguments from within the team things were not looking good until Cullen in his first start of the season converted a 30 yard volley to equalise. With no more scoring to be had we were into the last 15 minutes of the game and it didn't look like the game was going to be won by either side until Eddie Annand powered his way past the Clyde defence to put Queens Park in the lead, this was to be short lived however and a few minutes later Shields equalised for the home side. The game was destined to be a draw and thats the way it looked, however Gez Murphy had other ideas and latched on to an Annand cross deep into injury time and fired Queens Park ahead.

Clyde 2 - 3 Queens Park

Another crucial game as Arbroath came a calling in what was an

explosive start to the game as Mackie had a goal disallowed 40 seconds in and Feroz hit the post at the other end 20 seconds later the two were not to be out done tho and it was Mackie who got the opener 3 minutes in and Feroz hit back and equalised 2 minutes later, However that was the end of the action for the next 50 minutes atleast and it was Queens Park who once again took the upper hand as Eddie Annand converted Porhallsson's corner to put us in the lead. Feroz however didn't like the look of the scoreline and he cancelled it out with a superb equaliser 2 minutes later yet again.

Queens Park 2 - 2 Arbroath

Last Game of the session and the visitors were to be none other than Inverness Caledonian Thistle in what was remarkable a one sided game. Chris Mackie got the scoring underway when got his right foot onto the end of a sweet one-two with Gez Murphy in the 35th minute, Murphy added a 2nd just after the restart and a returning Johnathon Whelen wrapped up the points with a thundereous volley on the 53rd minute.

Queens Park 3 - 0 Inverness C.T.

Riding high in the league and the only disapointment being the shire game the future is still bright for Queens Park.

Until next time

Gary Toner

21 Games Played.

2 teams sit clear of a pathetic chasing pack

One a team of UK players with a small foreign influence

One a team for soccer mercenaries , hungry for titles, and with 2 to their name already.

The rest are fighting for 3rd. Its a league within a league.

But has the balance of power shifted from the Old Guard to the new. Or has a pupil simply learned his lessons well, and adapted to a system which for years taught him harsh lessons about football.

Or is the Old Lord of the Manor simply lulling the young apprentice into a false sense of security , before going on a 15 game winning streak to steal the title from under him ....

Tune in Next Monday , true believers. Previously , theres always been two spots to fight over .... now , there can be only one ......

Guest sav112

Cove Rangers H 7-0 (cup Game) icon_biggrin.gif

A fantastic game to get the lads spirits back up. Knox with his hat trick, Ian with two and Baillie and Neeson scorings as well. MoM Knox reported to the local radio he couldn’t believe his team were 6-0 at half time. We will see whom we get next. 7-0 A new fantastic record for the cowden.

Stenhousemuir A 3-0 icon_frown.gif

Again Cowden just can’t win away. Manager Robertson is just accepting away games as a loss because nothing changes the outcome as far as he has tried. The team forgot to turn up and I think that would have been better than the display they gave on the pitch. Ochilview is no place for a team who are simply pish away from home.

Dumbarton H 2-0 icon_smile.gif

A good solid result with Knox and Christie getting goals. MOM Andrew Campbell was outstanding in the defence. A good three points but the manager Robertson knows that at best its 4’th or 5th this season.

Elgin A 1-1 icon_wink.gif

An away point With Mauchlen scoring. Knox got dragged off with his poor performance. Darren Baillie was worthy of MOM and held the midfield. We were saved by an offside goal in the last few minutes.

Airdrie H 3-2 icon_biggrin.gif

It was easy street till the visitors scored then it was backs to the wall stuff. After Knox M.O.M(what a player ) scored his hat trick it should have been done and dusted but no the team wanted to give manager Robertson a fright. When your 3-0 up and loose two silly goals you have to be glad to get all the points.

Airdrie A 2-3 (cup game) icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Manager Robertson fielded his reserve squad for this one and gave the first team a rest. And unbelievably we won 3-2.Graham Brown was exceptional and MOM, the team played fantastically well, the new blood on the pitch seemed to work. We look forward to getting a great team next.

The big question in the Third,

Can Turps keep his winning lead?

Is he over the hill's and far away?

Will any of us manage second place?

more_copy.jpg

RossTurpieBanner.jpg

Well season 3 is getting better and better for Shire as we are now into 2005 in our net game. Shire have been somewhat of a surprise package this year as most rival gaffers are failing to make progress at their clubs. The excellent league form and great Cup form has been very positve . And in the dressing room and the morale is superb at Firs Park. Not content to rest on his laurels, gaffer Turps has again strengthened and is continually trying to improve all aspects of the football club. Spanish veteran Albert Ferrer of Barca and Chelsea fame has joined Shire form Peterhead for a whopping record transfer fee of 5k. His experience will be essential in the league run in and Cup competitions. Some player moved on as the transfer window opened. The Shire squad is still on the large side and the trimming of players is on going. Struggling Montrose signed half a dozen players notably veteran Brian Reid and play maker Bogie, all on frees. Some loan delas are being negotiated but until Shire get out this lowly division, I doubt that any real quality will be joining in the near future. Shire were unbeaten in the last session and picked themselves up well after the blip that was Morton away..heres how the games went.

15.12.04 Elgin City 1 EAST STIRLING 3

Borough Briggs is an easy place to go now and holds no fear for Shire. All 3 points were easily achieved as the Firs Parkers dominated and at times toyed with the hapless highland bumpkins. Elgin's diet of beetroot is no match for the piemeat of East Stirling. Time to change the menu Sy!

18.12.04 EAST STIRLING 3 Airdrie Utd 0

Promotion favourites Airdrie failed to make an impact and were brushed easily aside by an on fire Shire and their clinical finishing. Two first half strikes from Bernard Diomede and Dean Sinclair did the damage with Trinidad star Pierre compiling the misery with a great late goal to bag all 3 points and maintain Shire's foothold at the top of the division.

29.12.04 EAST STIRLING 4 Gretna 0

The Shire team gave gaffer Turps a great Christmas present with a fine win and mauling of nearest and hated rivals greeting Gretna. Jim Bhoy's troops had been on form of late but were no match for Shire at the Firs Park Arena. Its looking like Shire and Gretna are now the main contenders for promotion however as the other rival clubs have failed to make a challenge and are just simply pathetic.

1.1.05 Montrose 0 EAST STIRLING 1

Shire got a real game in travelling to links Park to struggling Montrose. Some of the 1st team regulars were nursing their hogmany hangovers and were rested for this new year day clash. An early nigel Pierre strike was the difference as Trose lost their discipline and the match when experienced striker kerrigan threw his rattle just before the break. Unlucky Sandy m8 ur team played well, I hope ye can turn things around m8!

8.1.05 EAST STIRLING 4 Stenhousemuir 1 (Scottish Cup 2nd Rnd )

This season's cup form has been sensational and the winning mentality continued as Stenny were easily dumped for the Cup by a determined Shire. new signing Spanish veteran full back albert Ferrer scored first form the spot after only 7 minutes. Sinclair , Marv and Pierre also got on the score sheet and as reward a 3rd round tie to face Rangers at Ibrox was rewards.....Shucks more money in the Shire coffers.........hehe!

Guest sav112

Dam that Ibrox visit. I wanted that. Thats all we need Turps with money to burn. LOL. thats another 20 players on his books.

anyone get who cowden got in the cup?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Dam that Ibrox visit. I wanted that. Thats all we need Turps with money to burn. LOL. thats another 20 players on his books.

anyone get who cowden got in the cup?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think u got the Mighty Spartans. They knocked out Chris Nicols East Fife lol icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

anyone get who cowden got in the cup?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think u got the Mighty Spartans. They knocked out Chris Nicols East Fife lol icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we are simply concentrating on the league god dammit!

I genuinly thought that with a bod like run promotion was not without our reach after our dreadful start and the league games got my hopes up. However due to a slight mathematical error on my part I was left feeling mighty subdued as I realised I was 20 points behind 2nd and not the 10 I had originally thought. Ah well, it will just be all the more entertaining.

Ciao

Just back from scouting the reserves at Lucca, Pisa, Siena, Viareggio etc and I am raring to go, sadly the only name I can remember is someone called 'Chianti' icon_frown.gificon_razz.gif

Nice to see tha Ass man doing the business for me.

See you all tonight

Arrivederci

Jim

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Ciao

Just back from scouting the reserves at Lucca, Pisa, Siena, Viareggio etc and I am raring to go, sadly the only name I can remember is someone called 'Chianti' icon_frown.gificon_razz.gif

Nice to see tha Ass man doing the business for me.

See you all tonight

Arrivederci

Jim

MLC

icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL i would stay away Jimbo ur team has been awzome in ur absense and ur still in both cup competitions! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

LOL i would stay away Jimbo ur team has been awzome in ur absense and ur still in both cup competitions! icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The strong foundations I set up whilst away scouting have obviously borne fruit. icon_cool.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Thursday 28/08/03

Dear Supporters,

The Tennents Scottish Cup holds a magic for football clubs across the country and we kicked off this year’s first round with a game against Pete Abraham’s Morton.

An unmarked Neal Clague put us ahead with a neat finish and Alain Boksic made it two when he connected with Branch’s through ball and slotted home. Our ticket to the next round was then confirmed as Maxwell’s free kick to the back post was met by Boksic, who made no mistake from 6 yards out.

Gary Toner’s Queens Park have been on our tails in the championship race for much of the season and I was hoping that a win over our closest league rivals would put a little daylight between the two clubs.

However some suicidal defending left us a laughing stock as the visiting Spiders scurried off with all three points.

A crazy pass from Greilich opened the door for Kelly to strike and then Cowan gave Mackie a similar present to put us two goals down. Much to my shame and anger, Petric was then caught ball watching and Mackie raced away to finish any hopes of a comeback and give us a 3-0 defeat that was hard to swallow, not only due to the easy in which our guests helped themselves to the points, but also because those points pushed Queens Park into the joint top spot with us.

I knew that the trip to Hamilton wouldn’t be the easiest game to bounce back with, but I was delighted with the response that I got from my players.

Nicholas powered through the midfield to give us the advantage and when Graeme Smith saved a penalty kick, I felt our grip on the game tighten.

A weaving run from Nicholas set up Clague, who made no mistake and the big striker added another from a header to give out fans a Christmas present with our 3-0 win.

We made the journey to Clyde for our last game of 2004 and I was again pleased with our performance in what is a formidable away fixture.

Boksic headed us in front at a corner kick, but our advantage was soon cancelled out when Shields fired home an equaliser and Convery put the Gypo’s a goal up with his finish.

However Boksic was simply too good for the Clyde defence and he levelled the score with a goal at the near post before restoring our slender lead and crowning his hat trick.

Clague then cracked off a wonderful 25 yarder which found the back of the net and the Gypsy lucky white heather must have been faulty as Rollo squandered the chance to pull a goal back from the penalty spot.

The win pushed us 2 points clear of Queens Park at the top and was a fitting way to close an eventful and successful 2004.

The final Player of the Month award for the year was scooped by Nicholas. Congratulations to him.

The reopening of the transfer window has allowed me to bring in some new faces to the club and I hope you all welcome our new players. Goalkeepers Wayne Henderson and Jeremey Bon sign from Morton and Bolton Wanderers respectively and I hope they will provide even more competition to the number one jersey. I also wanted to freshen our midfield and am pleased to announce the capture of former Celtic player Regi Blinker, who joins from Notts County. Also coming in on a 12 month loan deal from West Bromich Albion is Matt Collins. I’m sure these players will all contribute to the team at various levels.

The visit of third place Forfar let Blinker get his debut and I was impressed with his performance.

But it was Neal Clague who stole the show after he scored from an acute angle just after half time. Clague then scored one of his bread and butter goals when he rose to head home Blinker’s cross into the box. The win pushed us 4 points clear at the top and hopefully we can build on this to put some daylight between us and Queens Park.

The Tennents Scottish Cup Second Round had paired us off with Dumbarton and once again the gulf in class carried us through.

Donald smashed home to give Dumbarton a shock lead, but Boksic stuck with an equaliser before Clague put is ahead by pouncing on a rebound.

Boksic then put the result beyond doubt on the 85th minute and ensure that we’d be playing in the next round of games.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

The Spiders Web

The first division might just be a reality for the spiders, although with only 21 games gone they're many points to be won and lost as the battle rages.

The first round of the Scottish cup and we Went to Annan to take on the non league outfit in a tough tie which is typical of the cup games. Christopher Mackie opened the scoring with half an hour gone and the score was added to when Eddie Annand found himself one on one with the Annan goalkeeper with 2 minutes remaining.

Annan 0 - 2 Queens Park

Forthbank stadium was the next calling in a top of the table clash with our rivals for 1st place Stirling, A returning Keith Kelly opened the scoring with only 11 minutes gone after a defensive lapse in the Stirling defence. Mackie added to the tally on the 55th minute and he rounded the game off 10 minutes later when he made a muppet of Petric and raced clear to help himself to his 2nd and Queens Parks 3rd of the afternoon.

Stirling 0 - 3 Queens Park

Back at home and we welcomed Gez Murphy back into the fold to take on Alloa and it was he who opened the scoring on the 11th minute and he bagged himself his 2nd in the 66th minute and as we eased our way through the game Annand added a 3rd 9 minutes from time and rounded off a perfect afternoon on the 92nd minute to send the Queens Park faithful home early.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Alloa

Shielfield was on the agenda and in what was a no score snooze-a-thon Niether side made any real chances and probably sent the capacity attendance in to a coma.

Berwick 0 - 0 Queens Park

Back on cup duty and back at Hampden to welcome Elgin city to the spiders lair in the 2nd round. Eddie Annand the man of the match grabbed himself a first half hat-trick in what was a one sided affair Gez Murphy got Queens Parks 4th and Mackie added a 5th 2 minutes from time to send Queens Park into the 3rd round and into a tie with Hibs.

Queens Park 5 - 0 Elgin

Gary Toner

Like a Phoenix from the flames, the Wee Rovers burn all before them

Its hard not to like a winning team. Especially one that plays attractive , attacking football, and yet remains solid at the back, entertains the fans whilst pleasing the pundits. As Chic Young once said "Albion Rovers, how come youre so good". And its hard to find an answer to that question. Players who came through as Raw 17yr olds in Division 3 now find themselves as experienced pros chasing the promised land of the Ess Pee Ell , despite having a stadium that even Ground Force couldnt do something with. Some incredible talent has been brought in for next to no cash, and some players once dismissed as "Rejects" by other less insightful managers have taken their game to new levels, crushing all before them, hardened by the criticism and honed into footballing machines by a technically gifted coaching staff. Albion stand on the verge of greatness, but always behind them, theres a wee blue toon just waiting to haul them back .....

Albion Rovers 6 - 1 Brechin City

When theyre in form like this, you simply cant help but enjoy the flowing football. Diack's sweeping passes had the Brechin defence falling over themselves, and the clinical finishing of Porsteinsson & Thomas showed theyre every inch Premier league quality players. Brechin's consolation goal a disaster for goalkeeper Mark Brown , but only because it cost him his £350 clean sheet bonus.

As Albion demolished Brechin , up north , a wee diddy Spaniard was doing over an entire Blue Toon.

Dundee 0 - 3 Albion Rovers

The warnings in the paper all week had been saying "Novo Alert", and the tricky little spaniard, who had single handedly made a world class Blue Toon team look like a Dogs Dinner, was on duty again in front of an expectant home crowd. However, that was soon forgotten, as Porsteinsson set about showing everyone what true world class is. After rounding the keeper twice in as many minutes , he cheekily lobbed Speroni from 35 yards for the third, to leave the home fans wondering if this was the same Dundee team they had watched just 7 days earlier .....

Ross County 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

The toughest tests always come up north, and this was no exception. County are scrappers, pure and simple, and Neale Cooper's fighting spirit was in evidence again, as despite an early Jerome Thomas strike, County fought tooth and nail to get back on level terms. Alas , as with all attacking sides, a long ball out of defence found Thomas again, and the jig was up .....

Queen of the South 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

Just for the record, ill say i hate Dumfries. As much for its junkie population and its overzealous police as for its manky water and terrible nightlife. However , Albions final game of a 3 game road trip saw a comfortable win, as even The Goalie couldnt stop The TP Connection (So called because they just mop up everything they come in contact with) , and Albions win streak stood at 7.

Albion Rovers 5 - 0 St Mirren

The monthly awards came, and as expected , a clean sweep for Albion. 13 goals , 1 against , and 4 straight wins. Could the Buddies come over and stop the streak? .... No. A dismal effort from a disheartened team for whom only Rickie Gillies could hold his head up afterwards. Sack the lot of them. Oh , and T&P pick up 4 of the 5 goals.

The papers had been building this next one up for weeks. Clash of the titans they said. The game to decide the championship they said. The new Alex Ferguson they said (well , the Coatbridge Advertiser did , honest). Albion Rovers against Peterhead in the Blue Toon. Manager McGuinness with only 1 win in 22 attempts over the old master Holligan. Surely something had to give .....

Peterhead 1 - 2 Albion Rovers

If youre a neutral, this was the game of the season. Both teams employing a swift counter attacking formation, 4 strikers hungry for goals , and two keepers who played the best games of their careers. An early strike for Peterhead had the away fans groaning , but a quick reply from Porsteinsson from a Thomas corner had them dancing in the stands. A Peterhead pushed forward , a long ball out of defence was latched onto by the ever so quick Thomas , and 1 vicious, swerving cross later , Magnus Sverrir Porsteinsson sent the travelling band of 200 supporters into absoloute rapture. Peterhead absoloutely battered the Albion goal from there on in, but the Wee Rovers held out, and Juan carlos' 92nd minute miss from 3 yards out just summed up Peterheads afternoon.

Theyll be dancing in the streets of Albion tonight said Gabriel Clarke.

So , Albion take a 5 point lead into tonights session. The signings on pre-contract agreements of promising goalkeeper Graham Smith, and classy striker Stevie Nicholas from Stirling may have brought on some cries of "Lizard" from the less well mannered rabble amongst the clan management, but theres no doubt Bod has once again proven his mettle in the transfer market, after chasing both players for over 2 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

BTW lads, I'll be a bit late tonight, probably around 9ish. See you all then.

Keep yer thievin paws off my players Bod! ;P

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NP Ally ....Beware the _LIAZRD MAN!_ icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you mean "Harry Redknapp"

Or "Lizard Man"

Yah couple ah fannies icon_razz.gif

Oh ye Cannae shove Ross Turpie aff a bus ....

The headline has sod all to do with another update on the progress of the magnificent Albion Rovers, but it sounds good. On with the show people!

Albion Rovers 3 - 1 Partick Thistle

A determined Jags come to Cliftonhill, and as much as it pains me to doit, i put out an attacking side filled with invention and spirit. An Early Porsteinsson strike is soon cancelled out by Toastie Burns tapping into an empty net with the keeper out of position, but a Jerome Thomas wonderstrike from 20 yards opens up a 2-1 lead, and a Porsteinsson counter attack ends the game as a contest. Albion chalk up their 11th straight win!

Albion Rovers 4 - 1 Dundee

Dundee just never seem to find their gear against Albion as they do against 'lesser' teams. Strikes from Thomas , a 1st goal for the club in 3 years for McCaig , Iain Diack and Magnus Porsteinsson send the Dee northwards to think again (sure ive heard that line somewhere before). Oh , and McKay scored a penalty for Dundee, like it matters .....

Powerful striker Kevin Kyle , in order to stay sharp, accepts a loan move to Morton, where he debuts with an assist in a 3-3 draw with East Stirling. Big things are hoped for of Kyle.

Albion Rovers 5 - 0 St Johnstone

Theres a lot to be said for players playing "above their game" when the pressure is off and when their confidence is high. Magnus Sverrir Porsteinssons opening goal demonstrated this, as he coolly lobbed the saints keeper from fully 30 yards to open the scoring. And when Weekes screamed down the wing and pulled the ball back , Iain Diacks tap into an empty net finished the contest before half time. Shortly after , loan signing Michael Stewart curled a superb 25 yard free kick into the corner of the net, and a 3-0 half time scoreline didnt surprise anyone. Second half began in the same vein , as a Michael Stewart throught ball found Iain Diack through the middle, and despite getting a hand to it, Cuthbert couldnt keep it out, and it was 4-0. The game petered out a little after that, but in 77 minutes , a penalty box scramble from a corner saw Albions 5th goal from Nick Weekes. A saturday afternoon stroll in the park.

Scottish Cup 3rd Round

Albion Rovers 3 - 0 Inverness Caley Thistle

Stroll in the park. Caley posed little threat, and strikes from Stewart , Diack and Porsteinsson meant the halftime scoreline was 3-0. Stewart , Porsteinsson and Diack all then came off to rest for the second half as Albion sat on the lead. If it had been boxing , it was a 1st round knockout. An absoloute gulf in class as a sorry Inverness side head north with a lot of thinking to do.

The January awards come out. A clean sweep for Albion. McGuinness , Porsteinsson and Thomas.

Raith Rovers 2 - 5 Albion Rovers

Amazing game for the neutrals. Albion come out playing to frustrate and hit on the break, and find themselves 2-0 down within 10 minutes. A change of tactics sees them recover to 2-1 by half time with a Jerome Thomas striker, and goals from Weekes , McLean and Porsteinsson (2) complete an amazing comeback for a 5-2 final score. True grit shown by every single player on the park. As a manager, surely McGuiness couldnt ask for more!.

A irratating session seen us have Shuan Dennis sent off against Morton which meant 2 red cards in 2 games for us. Dennis was off after 10 so the game was effectively over. Morton played well but the goals were poor from our point of view.

Up next was Cowdenbeath who are on a nice little run at the mo. They humped our asses 4-1 with Robertson grabbing our goal.

Now for the good.

AI managed Airdrie Utd succumbed to a 4-0 defeat at New Bayview as the Fifers turned it on for the first time in a long while. Goals from Kenny D, Robertson, Gilbert and a og sent us flying 4-0.

Then a great 1-0 away win at Gretna to topple them off 2nd. The goal came from Robertson and took us to JUST 17 points of the coveted 2nd spot. Can we do it? Can we bollox.

East Stirling H 2-0 icon_biggrin.gif

An excellent result with the league leaders coming a cropper. Jim Grahams penalty gave us the prefect start and when Knox made it 2-0 on the half hour mark we were always looking good for points. We controlled the game well and made no silly mistakes. A new strike partnership was used with Knox and Brown. To take points off the form team is a real bonus and keeps us nicely in 5th.

East Fife H 4-1 icon_biggrin.gif

An easy home win and expected with east fifes latest form. Browns sweet goal on the 11th and Grahams penalty on 45 gave us a nice lead going in to the break. Knox made it 3 and when fife scored in the 69th minute Mauchlen who was a sub made it 4 for the home side. Another valuable three points.

Gretna H 6-2 Forfar A 1-4 icon_cool.gif

In a game that we were second to every ball it took a penalty in the 66th minute to spark life into the team. Stuart Mac who was to blame for Gretna’s second goal scored the penalty and after that with the sending off and Gretna not changing anything Super sub Mauchlen scored on the 72 and 78 minute with Knox getting his hat trick all within 10 minutes. Manager Robertson was full of praise for Knox and Mauchlen who will probably be paired together once more. With points taken from the top two this makes the battle for promotion even more interesting. The gap is closing on the top two.

Forfar A 1-4 icon_eek.gif

An inspired cup game with Mauchlen running the show with his hat trick. Knox also scored to make it 4 for the visitors. It has to be said Manager Robertson Was surprised by the ease of the win but had time to praise Tosh for Forfar as he claimed he is a fan of the player.

Montrose A 0-0 icon_rolleyes.gif

An away draw and a good point. An early goal was off side and we had a few shots but failed to convert. The point made us 4th in the league but 14 points behind East Stirling. Second place is still possible for promotion but it’s a long shot with a few teams on form at the top.

With Dundee Utd in the cup its roll on Thursday.

bluebrazil.gifcowdencrest.gif

tice in a row for Ton gaffer Abraham

Yes, you heard right, Pete abraham is officially the owner of Division 3 after he picked up his second MOM in 2 months.

When asked about how he felt about it he replied "somebody mentioned something about East stirling winning the third division, so we had to change our form to make sure it didn't happen. Even if we can help Gretna into winning the league, it will be a damn sight better than Roonie winning it!!!!!"

Session started with a trip to East Fife. Ton always struggle with the fifers but today was an exception as Morton ran rampent all over the pitch. New boys Fortune - west and Habbryka both got themselfs on the score sheet, and ever scoring Sviensson finished them of.

Next was a trip to over confident Manky East stirling. A tight fuaght game ended 3-3 with Kelly scoring twice and robinson completing the scoring for the worlds biggest squad. But as per usual, the Ton found there way to cut through the tinkers defence like a hot knife through butter and Fosse, Habryka and Fortune west all sent Roonies Girlies to there knitting classes with something to think about.

Home game against Elgin fallowed and The trip to East Stirling the previous week should since the Ton were to busy sponging themself down with soap and water to get rid of the smell Roonies arm pits had left to linger, and the Ton were left with only 1 goal to show for there wages. Fortune West ran out of soap and decided that he would just pop the ball into the net before going to get more suds. 1-0

Airdrie have been awfull since there Gaffer quit before christmas and this Saturday was no exception. Ton had Bradshaw and Cormack sent off in the first half and you would think that a side like Airdrie Utd would capiltiliseon this but Morton came out 3-0 winners at full time with Fortune-West banging twice and attacking midfield french sensation Nicell rounded off the day. It is obviouse that Airdrie need a new boss, and sooner the better.

Ciao

Fresh from a wee scouting mission to Italy I was proud to see my team 2nd in the league behind the revolving door that is the shire.

We opened up with a home game against Montrose and complacency had obviously set in as we were deservedly beaten although we did miss a penalty late on.

Gretna 0 Montrose 1

Against managerless Dumbarton and after a good kick up the erse the team performed with far greater urgency and with goals in the 13th, 16th, 33rd & 73rd we cruised to victory.

Gretna 4 Dumbarton 0

A trip to Cowdenbeath was next and after going 2 goals up by the 55th minute things looked good, then the wheels fell off. In what appeared to be a scene from the local boozer the Central Park security ejected me from the ground. The team then lost its way and after having my centre-half sent-off and conceding a goal from the resulting penalty my assistant manager decided not to bother bringing on another defender, we conceded 5 more goals and defeat it was.

Cowdenbeath 6 Gretna 2

Next up was the Scottish Cup 3rd round and in a truly immense show of goalscoring prowess our loan signing certainly earned his wage slip in this one. Goals in the 8th, 10th, 79th, 85th & 89th gave Blake Newbold a nap hand of goals. Sadly, the Queen's Park erse signed him when I was away and he will be wearing thinner black & white hoops next season.

Gretna 5 Raith 0

The last match of the night was against East Fife and although we were slightly the better team it is goals that count and we didn't score any.

Gretna 0 East Fife 1

We have now dropped to 3rd and our form has slipped a bit, we look like finishing 3rd for the second season in a row, ahh well there's always next season.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

I'm going to miss Thursday session due to being in Derby, i'm not sure about Mondays session i'll let you know nearer the time.

My ass.man better not feck up icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you say your star players were????

### SHIRE PULL OUT FINANCIAL MYRE ###

The new year festivities continue at Shire football club both on the pitch and in the boardroom. The team is sitting proudly at the top of Division 3 and looks odds on now for the title glory come may. The clubs debt has also been erased in one swoop as the Scottish Cup 3rd Round revenue form the gate at Ibrox saw £450 k head to Firs Park. On the transfer front, another young starlet has joined pleasing the fans and taking rival gaffers by surprise. Adrian Nevins released from Man Utd rejected Gretna and agreed a 5 year deal at Firs Park. The promising midfielder would now be an integral part of the 1st team and what a start he made as the match reports will testify!

15.1.05 Cowdenbeath 2 EAST STIRLING 0

Sav's beath were awzome on the day and this result just goes to show how competitive our league is, as on the day, anyone can win and get a result. Beath have caused Shire probs in the past and have underachieved of late but not in this game. They took the lead through a dodgy early penalty, but credit is due to the Blue Brazils and thier manager Robertson, why cant they play like this all the time!

19.1.03 EAST STIRLING 3 Morton 3

Manky Morton are emerging as real promotion favourites as they are finally shaking off their underachieving mold and starting live up to their 'big club' status. Ton have strengthened well in the transfer window and look a better outfit for it. Its a shame they have such an idiot for a gaffer. The game was real cracker with goals a pleanty and both teams attacking and taking the lead. Shire could have won the game after Stueart Kelly scored a fine double only for new Ton signing Leo Fortune-West to equalize late on to get the soapdodgers a point.

22.1.05 Stenhousemuir 0 EAST STIRLING 0

Any game at Ochilview is a hard encounter and any points away is welcomed thats for sure. Bothe teams tried to play attractive attacking football but were cancelled out as most the game was played in the midfield with little chances created at both ends. The fact Shire kept a clean sheet and maintained their foothold at the top of Division3 is for gaffer Turps very pleasing, as all eyes are on the next fixture away to the Huns at Castle Grey Skull in the Cup.

29.1.05 Rangers 3 EAST STIRLING 0 (Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd)

No matter what the result, Shire were delighted to have drawn and play the Huns at Ibrox and wer just out to enjoy the occasion. No one expected Shire to get a result and Rangers were realling from the shock loss earlier in the season to East Stirling in the League Cup. Gers dominated the game and won easily with goals from Paul Ifill, Steven Maclean and Averladze. Shire gaffer Turps did not care however, as he was £450k better off for his team's efforts thanks to the 46113 Ibrox faithfull!

5.2.05 EAST STIRLING 8 Dumbarton 0

Stuart Kelly 12,50,56,60,63,69 Yipeeeeeee! Five 2nd half goals in 20 minutes destroyed the Sons with new signing Adrian Nevins recently released from Man Utd scoring on his debut and laying on some assists. Skipper Colin 'Braveheart" Hendry also scored from the spot in the 1st half for Shire's record win so far in our netgame. There was no contest really as Shire are top on merit and the Sons are rock bottom and spirelling to oblivion since their last human gaffer so cruely neglected them earlier in the season. The result is a great morale booster as the Shire have a difficult League Cup Semi at Hampden next up. Ally 'Harry Rag" Albion have also been going great guns lately, and will be a difficult proposition. On this form though, Shire hold no fears however and at least 1 human manager is gauranteed a place in the Final this spring.

Gaz is in the clear anyway are you not?

He’s a safe second.

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye 12 points i think, as for star players hmmm Arcos-Diaz,McCord,Poppleton and Connolly icon_wink.gif

The clubs debt has also been erased in one swoop as the Scottish Cup 3rd Round revenue form the gate at Ibrox saw £450 k head to Firs Park.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmmmm, that reminds me, next game up for Gretna is a League Cup Semi-Final at Hampden v The Beggers

How does that ABBA song go again........Naw no 'Fernando' the other one..............

MONEY MONEY MONEY......its a rich Gretna payday

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Ill be heading through to the last 8 of the Scottish Cup shortly after i beat that shower of keich that is Hamilton Loadacrapicals. Theres only on team in Lanarkshire worth its salt, and its not that dodgy mob that just sold McFadden.

Oh , and both the old firm are still in the Scottish Cup , so ive a 2/7 chance of drawing em next round. Finally , a well deserved payday for the financially struggling Wee Rovers.

PS : Jimbo to beat the Beggars 3-0 icon_biggrin.gif

Archived