Mølby – Liverpool

Le Tissier – Southampton

Souness – Middlesbrough

Hunt – Liverpool

Hansen – Liverpool

Barnes – Watford

Gascoigne - Tottenham

As usual any feedback is appreciated.

I will add the download link, when I have uploaded it.

I've just downloaded this and it just doesn't work. I downloaded it, then extracted it to the football manager folder but it didn't work, then ****ed around with it abit.....what do I do to get this working?

Originally posted by luca toni fan:

I've just downloaded this and it just doesn't work. I downloaded it, then extracted it to the football manager folder but it didn't work, then ****ed around with it abit.....what do I do to get this working?

Just put it in the My Documents - Sportsinteractive - DB folder. The same place that the other databases are.

Still working on this patch?

Legendary Feijenoorders:

Coen Moulijn -> European Cup I 1970 winner

Eddy Pieters Graafland -> European Cup I 1970 winner

Wim Jansen -> European Cup I 1970 winner (later on Celtic manager)

Ove Kindvall -> European Cup I 1970 winner

Rinus Israel -> European Cup I 1970 winner

Theo Laseroms -> European Cup I 1970 winner

Willem van Hanegem -> European Cup I 1970 winner

If you'll add these players, many Feijenoorders are thankfull icon_wink.gif

I noticed that you have only Terry Butcher in the Ipswich side, so how about adding the few more:

John Wark

Paul Mariner

Alan Brazil

Paul Cooper

Alan Hunter

Kevin Beattie

Mick Mills

Arnold Muhren

Frans Thjissen

Ray Crawford

This looks great, keep up the good work mate.

I have a few suggestions for you, you have probably already got them in your database but having read through all the posts, i can't remember who i have seen and who i havent, so here goes:

Alan Hansen, Rob Jones, Craig Johnston, Peter Beardsley, Phil Neil, Greame Souness, Joh Aldridge, Ray Kennedy, Alan Kennedy, Tommy Smith, Ian Callaghan, Ian St.John, Geoff Hunt, Terry McDermott, Steve Staunton, Ronnie Whelan, Steve McMahon, Steve Nicol, Steve Heighway, Sammy Lee, Ray Houghton, Mark Lawrenson, Nigel Clough, Karl Heinze Riedle, Dean Saunders, Gheorghe Hagi, Ciro Ferrara, Michael Laudrup, Brian Laudrup, Davor Suker, Gabriel Batistuta, Romario, Bebeto, Dunga, Gianluca Vialli, Fabrizio Ravenelli, Pedrag Miatovic, Pat Van Den Hauwe, Neville Southall, Greame Sharp, Evertons Irish Winder???, Tony Cottee, Sammer (Dortmund) and Redondo (Real Madrid's holding midfielder).

Apologies for dodgy spelling. There's a few more but the mind has gone blank now.

is this the 1 that is on sortitoutsi? If so it is great cos of the transfer budget b ut the wges r crap! I still managed to sign riquelme, pander and veloso on them though so i aint too bothered. this is my classic liverpool team

gk - ray clemence

rb - phil neal

lb - christian pander

cb - alan hansen

cb - miguel veloso

dm - graeme souness

rm - wijnaldum

lm - john barnes

amc - riquelme

st - kevin keegan

st - kenny dalglish

Originally posted by Bealesy:

I noticed that you have only Terry Butcher in the Ipswich side, so how about adding the few more:

John Wark

Paul Mariner

Alan Brazil

Paul Cooper

Alan Hunter

Kevin Beattie

Mick Mills

Arnold Muhren

Frans Thjissen

Ray Crawford

And:

Ted Philips

Trevor Whymark

George Burley

Russel Osman

John Elsworthy

Jimmy Leadbetter

Billy Baxter

Eric Gates

Steve McCall

As a Man City fan, I think there should be more players from the early 70s team. i.e Francis Lee, Bert Trautman and would be happy to see more recent faces like Gio Kinkladze, Ali Benarbia and Shaun Goater. If these are added in i would be very happy but i know how much work you're putting in already so its just an idea.

You could download last year's version which has a txt file with quite a lot a players and their clubs, then just add the ones off here. It would involve a bit of work though.

I'm hoping this guy comes back online soon with an update, its clearly a popular one.

hey, I dont know how serious you are about creating another update during the holidays, but I think you should include Lefter of Fenerbahce, he used to play at Fener during the 50-s, awesome player. His full name was Lefter Kucukandoniadis. He played 50 times for the Turkish national football team, 9 of them as the captain. He also played at the 1954 World Cup netting in 2 goals, one against West-Germany and one against South-Korea. He is the first Turkish player to be selected for the World XI. He scored 20 goals for his national team and was the top scorer for Turkey till overtaken by Hakan Şükür. He was the first Turkish football player to receive the "Golden Honor medal" from the Turkish Football Federation. He isfar better than Metin Oktay, not only in my but propbaly i everyones opinion. After playing for Fenerbahce he played for Nice and Fiorentina.

While looking at this database I think it would be better if players started at the clubs they started there careers at. Otherwise some teams have too many brilliant players. On my game Torres can't even get into the Liverpool team and is sitting in the reserves

I do feel there is some missing Rangers players

John Greig

Jim Baxter

Davie Cooper

There are many more I feel should be there but I think these are legends and at least 2 of the players should be inculded the first 2.

I have gone through and fixed the height issue on my copy of this database, but I am awaiting an email back from the creator saying it will be ok to put it up here for people. Don't want to put it on incase he has done loads of updates himself

Alex thank you thats great work !

PMSL at all the people on here asking for "legends" for their suported clubs ! half of them i have never heard of so how can they be legends... in the same class as Dixie Dean (60 goals in 1 season) pele and dalglish.

Just add your players if you want to but dont put them in the legends class please.

Leeboy, I dont intend to be rude, however I think that Legend as a term is not a given. Being mainly focussed on Great Britain people are not aware of the legends out there in the rest of the World. In the 50-s North Korea had an awesome team, but they did not get as far as Hungary. Lefter is not very well known outside Turkey, but in my opinion he definately qualifies as a legend, as do other pretty unknown people, such as Abe Lenstra (and what to think about Roger Milla, who is not included). However I do agree with you on the fairly obscure English players who are constantly being proposed on this thread.

Leeboy, I dont intend to be rude, however I think that Legend as a term is not a given. Being mainly focussed on Great Britain people are not aware of the legends out there in the rest of the World. In the 50-s North Korea had an awesome team, but they did not get as far as Hungary. Lefter is not very well known outside Turkey, but in my opinion he definately qualifies as a legend, as do other pretty unknown people, such as Abe Lenstra (and what to think about Roger Milla, who is not included). However I do agree with you on the fairly obscure English players who are constantly being proposed on this thread.

thats what i was getting.... average players in their day and people see them as legends... wtf!

Sorry dude, misinterpreted you, I guess I just wanted to get the same point accross as you wanted to. Didn't mean to make you look like a nasty person nor was I trying to put you down or anything. Anyway, Good Point!

PMSL at all the people on here asking for "legends" for their suported clubs ! half of them i have never heard of so how can they be legends...

That you haven't heard of them says most about you I think.

That you haven't heard of them says most about you I think.

Players that play for Ipswich dont deserve to be put in the same list as pele.....Im an everton fan and can think of loads of players not in the list that are/were far better than the players you want added..eg, Howard Kendall, you know part of the holy trinity !!. o no he didnt play for the mighty ipswich town FFS

If they were "legends" then i would have heard of them as i reconised all the players on the list and the genuine "legends" people asked to be added.

Listen up people before this discussion goes nasty. I sort of agree with Leeboy. I do not pretend to know all of the footballers that are to be considered as ''legendary'', hell there were even a couple of names in the patch that I did not recognized (two Hungarians and some Brazilians to name a few). However, I do think that we should keep the level of those players in mind when suggesting new players for the list. International succes or something like that (that is a reason why Abe Lenstra should NOT be on list, since he was considered pure magic when the netherlands were quite content to beat teams from the Saarland). Perhaps there should be another patch for Cult legends, where the local heroes would fit.

Again its not about 'knowing' a player, but I think that Leeboy is trying to say that they have to be considered as International Legends and not just as Local Heroes.

Listen up people before this discussion goes nasty. I sort of agree with Leeboy. I do not pretend to know all of the footballers that are to be considered as ''legendary'', hell there were even a couple of names in the patch that I did not recognized (two Hungarians and some Brazilians to name a few). However, I do think that we should keep the level of those players in mind when suggesting new players for the list. International succes or something like that (that is a reason why Abe Lenstra should NOT be on list, since he was considered pure magic when the netherlands were quite content to beat teams from the Saarland). Perhaps there should be another patch for Cult legends, where the local heroes would fit.

Again its not about 'knowing' a player, but I think that Leeboy is trying to say that they have to be considered as International Legends and not just as Local Heroes.

Superbly put Erol thanks mate, that is what im trying to say.

I've been using the legends database for a couple of days now and think it's really good fun for a change.

I think the guy who has worked really hard in creating it deserves a big thank you.

I would suggest a couple of local legends for the Rangers team being Davie Cooper and Jim Baxter.

Many thanks for a grand data base.

But what is the point in a Legends Database with only Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Cruyff and Howard Kendall?

1, did i say ONLY have those players on it ?? NO

2, did i say Howard Kendall should be on it ?? NO

The other 3 are TRUE legends in the game and deserve to be on there... o wait sorry they didnt pull on the mighty ITFC shirt now did they !

Get a grip Frame, sorry but your looking abit of a :rolleyes:

1, did i say ONLY have those players on it ?? NO

2, did i say Howard Kendall should be on it ?? NO

The other 3 are TRUE legends in the game and deserve to be on there... o wait sorry they didnt pull on the mighty ITFC shirt now did they !

You didn't think I said that in jest did you?

And what is the point with a legends database with only a few players?

And it was 4 others not 3.

Great idea for a database may i just say firstly. Well done and alot of great work has gone into it. Secondly, i'm about to add teddy sheringham into the database myself and was wondering if someone could give me the stats that i should be putting go for him i'm. I'm thinking that it should be the stats from the most prolific and successful period of his career which was when if was at united. Also what should his prefered notes be'

Ok as the creator of this database seems to have vanished I have uploaded a copy of the database. I have fixed the height and weight issue, and I have also changed it so that the players are at the clubs they began there careers with. This makes a wider range of teams have great players rather than Liverpool and Arsenal putting Adebayor and Torres in the reserves.

If anyone spots any mistakes or changes that should be made just let me know

http://rapidshare.com/files/131307483/Legends.rar.html

You didn't think I said that in jest did you?

And what is the point with a legends database with only a few players?

And it was 4 others not 3.

Is that big enough now for you to see that YOU WROTE THE ABOVE and NOT ME

as you keep saying, regardless of the context it was ment you suggested a database with 4-5 players...are the mods going to allow the name calling in this thread? i dont like being called a pr!ck

Archived