Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

Late!! Just not on that icon_biggrin.gif hehe I'm sure your assistant will do a grand job (as long as he gives us all 3points) icon_biggrin.gif

With regards to Edan's updates, its something for us to sort out away from the board and in our efb channel.

So lets keep the quality stuff in here icon_smile.gif

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chef:

or Edan if you save each match you play you can replay them to get your info the max you will save each session is about 6 games.

this is what i do or i sometimes write it down in a book whats happened.

_ I will be late on tonight as i have to go out and watch some footy, will be on about 10 ish _ looks like i have lost my first few games then as my assistant manager will not keep to the rules i have set him icon_frown.gif_ _ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky Peter. icon_frown.gif

I'm sorted if I am on hols as I have just brought in Norwich's assistant genius Mark Bowen as my new assistant. icon_cool.gif

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

The Stevenage Journal : The New Season

Here we are again! Pre-season stares us right in the face, its time to prepare for the new season ahead which will be the 2010/2011 season.

We once again will be playing in the Inter Toto Cup and if we are successful will then move onto the Uefa Cup, we’ve been in this situation before and it’s certainly not an easy ride, especially if we face the type of teams we did last time round.

As the season ended and our rewards came through, it was time to decide exactly were would like to be in the up coming season, my own aim will be to break into that bracket of top 6 clubs, the big money dealers with their luxury stadia are up there and its time to join that elite group of clubs.

Although it seems to my board that my aims are too high and too ambitious as they are only wanting a safe mid-table position, but of course there is no surprise then that our transfer funds for the season are also very limited compared to other clubs, I’m sure even the promoted clubs have got more to spend than us!

Stevenage Gets Much Needed Upgrade In Key Areas

You heard right, the Stevenage board have dipped into their pockets and finally have upgraded our training facilities, this means that we now have some top rated facilities to train our superstars in, but that’s not all, aswell as the upgrade, theirs also the introduction of a youth academy which hopefully means that in years to come there will be a lot of very talented youngsters coming through Boro ranks.

Also the board have announced another expansion to the growing Broadhall Way Stadium, we are finally moving into the right direction and we get to enjoy our biggest expansion to date, a massive 9822 extra seats will be build meaning that Broadhall Way finally moves into the territory that it needs to be in. The work is expected to be completed in around six months time and means that capacity of the Boro will be over 27,000!

Top Facilities Attracts Top Coaching Staff

Well as you’ve heard, the training facilities have been improved at the Broadhall Way club and if we are going to get our superstars into even better shape then we’re gonna need some coaches who have been there and done.

So I traveled around the UK and Europe to try and lure some coaches who firstly knew what they were doing and secondly, would improve our current line up of backroom staff. This search will also include finally a eventual successor to our current aging assisting Stromberg (61) who no doubt will retire in a couple of years.

So who has been brought in? Well lets take a look :

I have decided to bring in Paul Merson and Mario Stanic as Assistant Managers , both have only recently retired from football and have also got their Uefa Coaching Badges, both were very eager to join and have plenty of experience in this division, so they certainly know the job in hand.

Joining them are some more backroom staff, these will be in a coaching capacity, first in the door were Simon Cole and Ian MacKenzie, joining them are some much higher profile names and more personal who have also got their FA and Uefa coaching badges, they are Kit Symonds , Keith Gillespie and Lauren Robert

With a bit of a shortage suddenly happening in the Physiotherapy department, I decided to bring in another Physio in Abel Xavier . Don’t worry, he will not influence players to have their hair done!

So now that the backroom staff are sorted, we done some wheeling and dealing with our players aswell, the aim would be to lower the wage bill in an ideal world but with three players all deciding that they would actually see out their contract rather than retire early but a damper on that idea unfortunately. We will have to wait till next season for that instead now.

Transfers

We havn’t brought too many players in as we only have a limited budget and we need to work with it well just like previous seasons and make sure we get the right players in.

Transfers In

Andreas Schroder is our first signing, The 22 year old German keeper certainly looks a very promising talent and it was a surprise that bayern did not renew his contract.

Paul Collins is another young player, the 20 year old defensive midfielder was learning the trade at Atletico Madrid but they must have forgotten about his contract as its just pure craziness to let such a talent go for free.

Transfers Out

Marco Ferreira leaves the club after a decent spell at the club, it also marks his retirement and puts a smile on my face as we don’t have to pay his high wages anymore.

Phillip Gilder and David Miranda are the other two players who leave the club on a free transfer, we just don’t have the space for them anymore and they would be more useful at another club who plays them more often.

Lloyd Dyer also leaves us after a quiet spell, he goes back to the midlands and joins Coventry City on a Free Transfer.

Friendlies

We won’t be playing too many friendlies at all this in this Pre-season as of course we are in the Inter Toto Cup, which should mean that we get a decent preparation for the forth-coming season ahead.

We have played one friendly so far and it was against The 61, we wanted an easy warm up game to start things of for us this season before we begin our Inter Toto Cup adventure.

Results

Stevenage Vs The 61

It was our new assistants incharge of this game, as it’s a friendly we might aswell see what they can do, a fantastic job as we get the victory we wanted and scored plenty of goals. Star striker Borut Semler got himself onto the score sheet with a brace, his efforts came in the 43rd and 50th minute. It was followed up by a hattrick from a unexpected source, youth striker Chris Houghton came on as a second half sub and showed exactly what he has learned from the big name strikers at the club, his goals came in the 54th, 68th and 73rd minute, they included a powerful header from a corner and also an 18 yard scorcher into the top right hand corner of the net. The lad is only 16 years old and is one to look out for in the future, he will be training in our youth academy that’s for sure.

Inter Toto Cup

Well I would say we got an even tougher opener this time around than ever before, we will face Belgium giants Standard Liege in the 3rd Round of the Inter Toto Cup. The first leg will be at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne (Sclessin) in Liege with of course the return leg back at home at Broadhall Way.

Expectations from the first leg would be to come away with a goal as away goals are very crucial in Europe and can make all the difference. We go to Belgium not just for cheap booze and chocolates but of course to play Standard Liege and to win, with their star striker Mpenza out, it certainly gives us encouragement to be able to get something out of the game.

So off we went to Liege……

Date : Saturday 24th July 2010

Inter Toto Cup 3rd Round, 1st leg

Standard Liege Vs Stevenage

Venue : Stade Maurice Dufrasne (Sclessin), Liege

Ref : Wolfgang Stark

We lined up with young teen sensation Mark Barber partnering goal machine Borut Semler, a new tactic was also on display and it showed a lot of promising.

Left back Higginbotham took a vital interception down the left wing and played the ball straight to Partridge, after some silky skills on the half way line, he lobbed a ball forward into the path of Semler and Barber, they were side by side running towards goal, Semler took control and slotted it coolly past the right hand side of the keeper, that’s the lead within just 3 minutes of play.

Once again, halfway in our half, Right back Kenton won a key header and guided the ball to Worthington, he immediately belted the ball into the opponents half where it found Semler, he headed it diagonally across to the on-running Barber who found himself one on one with the keeper, the saw what Semler did before, and coolly slotted it to the left of the keeper, an unbelievable start to the game, it couldn’t have started much better.

We then conceded a goal after some absolute shocking defending where Robinson just started chasing midfielders down and should have been defending in the back four, why he did it, puzzles me but that was his only mistake and it cost us.

All was redeemed though in the 70th minute as Partridge lobbed in a corner to the near post, ready and waiting were both Semler and Barber, Semler was nearest to the ball and of course headed it in the near post, the keeper had no chance.

So we leave Liege with a well worth Victory as we very much dominated play, we got three vital away goals to take back with us into the second leg. Our teen sensation Barber got a goal aswell to open his account for his new club.

Full Time : Standard Liege 1 : 3 Stevenage (HT: 1 : 2)

Scorers : Semler(2), Barber

Bookings : Standard Liege – Santens, Deleu / Stevenage – McDonald

MoM : Stevenage – Barber

Attend : 8948

So a good start to this season with 2 wins, 1 being a competitive win. The second leg at home should certainly be a banker for us and take us into the semi final of the Inter Toto Cup, but footballs a funny old game, you just never know!

Hopefully the good form carries on into the league as we face Arsenal on the opening day of the Premiership, Juliusson and Rommedahl are both in their final season as they have announced their retirements along with Barry Ferguson, I’ll be very happy once their all gone as they each take home a big pay packet and will not be featuring that much this season.

Well, that’s it for now Boro fans, look out for some more news on how we got on after the next couple of sessions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

Apologies for my absence last night, I was stranded in France! I will give you the full story tonight! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 bottles of Vodka sittng in the boot icon_biggrin.gif

100 bottles of Rum sitting in the boot icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Peter, the whole thread has got quality updates, everyones doing a really good job icon_smile.gif

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

The Stevenage Journal : European Adventures Starts Pre-Season

Welcome back Boro fans, we have now completed pre-season and it was mainly dominated by us playing in the Inter Toto Cup which will conclude by the end of the month. It’s been fairly competitive and hopefully having started so well, it will give us an edge in the earlier games of the season.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t much else that went on for us apart from the Inter Toto Cup, a couple of more transfer transactions were about the peak of excitement if taking the Cup games out of the way.

Transfers

Well as mentioned, there were a couple of transfers, one in and one out actually.

Transfers In

Richard Read joins us from Birmingham for a bargain 400k, the 21 year old utility midfielder is out of favour for some reason at Brum, so bringing another English midfielder into the club was great, especially on such low wages.

Transfers Out

Barry Ferguson leaves the club, three offers came in for the Scotland captain who just did not perform for us at all. With him getting on a bit aswell, I really wanted rid, he was taking home a fortune for nothing and I am over the moon that we made some money from him too as he goes to Birmingham for 725k.

Our wage bill has still been increasing though as I’ve had to offer some of my current stars a new contract, they included Jackson, Semler and Barber were the three players who will be earning what they deserve. I am currently considering asking Juliusson to re-consider retirement as he’s started off extremely well this season, but at the back of my mind is that his time is now up, he has served this club very well in his time.

Inter Toto Cup

The second leg was a week after the first, this time we will be back at home in this “Pre-season Tournament†that we are playing in.

The expectations of the first leg were to get a goal and hopefully the win too, we did that in style and now it was time for the return leg, being 3-1 up gives us a great advantage aswell as being at home does, certainly the way I prefer to be in the draw. Well, lets see how it went when Standard Liege visited Broadhall Way!

Liege Not Quite Upto Boro’s Standard

Date : Saturday 31st July 2010

Inter Toto Cup 3rd Round, 2nd leg

Stevenage Vs Standard Liege

Venue : Broadhall Way

Ref : Florian Meyer

Early attacks from Stevenage looked very promising indeed and they got even better when the Boro got a corner, Partridge whipped it in from the right, directly at Solstad who’s powerful header was saved only to be rebounded to him to finish it off (14th minute).

Less than ten minutes after, another corner, this time from the opposite side was put in once more by Partridge, this time it went to the near post where Barber was left unmarked and with a free header to gift himself a goal (22nd minute)

Just a little under ten minutes from that last incident came number three and easily the best goal of the season so far, Juliusson unleashed an absolute curler of a shot from 35 yards which was unstoppable (31st minutes)

With a fantastic lead and Liege needed to push forward if they actually want to progress, it saw some more goal action, some subs came on including Jackson who replaced the injured Semler, what a great sub as Wild made a great run down the wing, his cross across the goal just needed a touch on it and that came by Jackson who just beat the defender and smashed it home. (74th minute).

It was Wild again who assisted in Jackson’s second goal just nine minutes from time, he booted the ball upfront towards the keeper, who seemed to have lost communication with both his centre backs, they all let the ball bounce past them, only for Jackson to run onto it and slot it home into the empty net (81st minute).

Full Time : Stevenage 5 : 0 Standard Liege (HT: 3 : 0) (Agg 8 : 1)

Scorers : Jackson(2), Barber, Solstad, Juliusson

Bookings : Standard Liege – Dragutinovic / Stevenage – None

MoM : Stevenage – Juliusson

Attendance : 4298

Stubborn Danes, Vejle Good, But Not Good Enough

Well the semi final saw us get drawn with the Danish side called Vejle, I certainly expect victory against this team and advance into the final. I expect them to put up a good fight though as they are wanting to play in Europe as much as us

Date : Wednesday 4th August 2010

Inter Toto Cup Semi FInal, 1st leg

Stevenage Vs Vejle

Ref : Angel Vicente Curbelo Gonzalez

Well this game amazingly did not produce a goal! We had produced some very good chances but the Vejle keeper was just too good and managed to keep everything out. The positives to take out of this game though is that we did not concede an away goal and also we did not pick up any bookings at all.

We got it all to do in the second leg, but the advantage is, if we score then they will need to double it and going by their performance in this first leg, we do not have to be worried too much.

Full Time : Stevenage 0 : 0 Vejle (HT : 0 – 0)

Scorers : Jackson(2), Barber, Solstad, Juliusson

Bookings : Vejle – Rasmussen, Jensen / Stevenage – None

MoM : Vejle – Mortensen

Attendance : 2129

Date : Wednesday 11th August 2010

Inter Toto Cup Semi FInal, 2nd leg

Vejle Vs Stevenage

Venue : Vejle Stadion, Vejle

Ref : Erol Ersoy

An even more dominate performance than in the first leg and it got off to a flyer, a long ball down the wing was picked up by Vieirinha, his cross found Partridge who headed it directly at the keeper, he could only parry it and it fell to the Hidalgo who blasted it in.(10th minute).

The shots kept coming but it took until the second half for us to get another goal, Kenton won a header on the half way line and got it to Hidalgo, he immediately play it forwards for Semler, he used his pace to sprint to the edge of the area before unleashing a curler around the keeper who was in no-mans land to double the lead.(69th minute).

It was time to score goals as just 2 minutes after an attack down the left wing produced the goods, Wild got the ball in the left back position, he passed it to Partridge on the halfway line, he placed the ball into Barber’s run, he continued his run down on the edge of the area before crossing it to the near post for Hidalgo to get his brace.(71st minute).

We hadn’t finished yet, we completed the rout and a 6minute goal frenzy when Partridge whipped a corner to the near post where once again Barber was waiting, without any problems, he beats his challengers in the air to nod the ball home past the mis-placed keeper.

Full Time : Vejle 0 : 4 Stevenage (HT : 0 – 1) (Agg 0 – 4)

Scorers : Hidalgo(2), Barber, Semler

Bookings : Vejle – Ajoa, Jensen, Kielstrup / Stevenage – Robinson

MoM : Stevenage – Hidalgo

Attendance : 4319

Stevenage Real Deal Against Betis

There were a few easier teams left in the draw but like before, we get the bloody difficult one, Betis hammered their last opponents and its certainly gonna be one hell of a tester.

Date : Wednesday 18th August 2010

Inter Toto Cup FInal, 1st leg

Stevenage Vs Betis

Ref : Michael Weiner

Well the game was going better than I thought, we dominated Betis in all area’s of the pitch but for some reason, like against Vejle, we were struggling to put the ball into the back of the net. Their keeper was having a field day that’s for sure.

Eventually though, a free kick by Hidalgo was hit straight at goal, the keeper could only parry the powerful shot, it was Jackon who reacted quickest and smashed the ball home.(89th Minute).

Full Time : Stevenage 1 : 0 Betis (HT : 0 – 0)

Scorers : Jackson

Bookings : Betis – Varela, Casas / Stevenage – Clichy, Hidalgo

MoM : Betis – Vicente

Attendance : 13695

So far a great Inter Toto Cup run for us again, tough opposition and a very difficult 2nd leg in Betis still to come. We have a good chance to qualify again from this competition but we’re going to have to play really well to beat Betis away, its not impossible and it would certainly be very nice to enter the Uefa Cup for a third year running.

The Premiership

Well, we’ve completed the pre-season and the Premiership season has come upon us, as said, our aim is to break into the top 5 of the league and that means beating some extremely good teams.

Its opening day and its not an easy start at all as we will be having to play Arsenal, this is the kind of team we need to beat and hopefully we can get off to a good start this season.

Date : Wednesday 21st August 2010

Stevenage Vs Arsenal

Ref : Rob Styles

Another home game in which we dominate the majority of play but are just struggling to score, it’s weird as this is the problem we had last season.

Arsenal had a shot in the first minute and that was it for the entire match, Hidalgo was all over the Gunners defence but could not convert the chances we were making.

Eventually though, something had to give, just as the final whistle was about to blow, Hidalgo thumped a free kick towards goal, the keeper was left standing as the ball hit the post, quickest to react though was Higginbotham, he was just on the edge of the area and placed it into the top left corner of the net to gift us a well deserved victory. (90th minute)

Full Time : Stevenage 1 : 0 Arsenal (HT : 0 – 0)

Scorers : Higginbotham

Bookings : Arsenal – Nunez, Feulner / Stevenage – None

Attendance : 17302

So a win on the opening day of the Premiership and it was certainly deserved, a big team has been beaten and not even the Gunners very own Henry could not do anything about it. Hopefully we can build on this victory and continue this season in a successful manner.

I’m more than thrilled that we finally got rid of Ferguson as his pay packet was too big, a couple of more players leaving next season with big wages and it should certainly help lower the wage bill that we have, the new expansion once finished should help us financially too. So at the moment, its all going well for the Boro so far, our defence has also been excellent with us only conceding one goal so far this season and we have now kept 5 clean sheets in a row.

That’s it for now Stevenage fans, look out for the next update…..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

Apologies for my absence last night, I was stranded in France! I will give you the full story tonight! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you twat!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

derby.jpg

Rams Review - We were Robbed - Well Ok We Were Just Plain Pish!!!!

Well the end of the season is upon us and Derby after being at the top for so long are not champions of Division One. That honour goes to Preston and well done to them. Here is a run down of the run in....

The League Campaign

Rotherham v Derby - (A) - 1-4

This was probably the worst performance from Derby all season. From this performance anyone would think Rotherham were chasing the title and Derby were struggling to fight relegation. Terrible performance.

Derby v Brentford - (H) - 2-1

It was the of the upmost importance that Derby dare not throw away anymore points this season. Hepburn spent this week stressing this point to his players. A lot of them have not been in this title winning position before so Hepburn felt it was starting to get to them. This game Brentford visited Pride Park and came away with nothing. Derby dominated this game from the off although the scoreline does not reflect their dominance. At the end of the day a win is a win all the same and it was three points in the bag for Hepburn's Derby. They left it late as Brentford had taken a shock first half lead but up stepped Landon Donovan to equalise eleven minutes from time and then Matthew Piper grabbed a priceless winner for Derby to give them a well deserved win.

Charlton v Derby - (A) - 1-1

A very even game as Charlton and Derby were battling for points for very different reasons. Both teams had chances but both sides past them up. Derby took the lead after only three minutes through Tomi Petrescu but they failed to build on that lead and Charlton capitalised by controlling the latter part of the first half. They equalised to go in 1-1 at half time. In the second half both teams had chances but could not convert them.

Derby v Sunderland - (H) - 0-0

How Derby did not come away with three points from this game is beyond belief. They controlled the game from the start but just could not put the ball in the back of the net. It was two more dropped points in the title race.

Derby v Watford - (H) - 1-0

Well they made up for their draw against Sunderland with a win against Watford at Pride Park. Again the winning margin could have been a lot greater but it was three points in the bag. Tomi Petrescu grabbed the all important goal as Derby cruised to another victory.

Bolton v Derby - (A) - 0-0

Derby were lucky to come away with a point from this game. Bolton were all over them as Derby struggled to get going. Carlo nash was in fine form to keep Bolton at bay and secure a point for Derby.

Derby v Middlesbrough - (A) - 3-1

Hepburn threw in a change of tactic for this game to try and change his team's fortunes away from home. He sent out a very attacking line up and the formation reflected this. The outcome was a very very attacking game of football for both teams. It was Derby who took their chances as Boro passed up many opportunities to hit back. In fact Boro may find themselves unlucky as Carlo Nash got man of the match. Tomi Petrescu grabbed two goals for Derby and William Flood grabbed the third as Derby threatened to rack up a cricket score such was their attacking prowess for a change. Good performance from the team.

Derby v Brighton - (H) - 3-1

Having seen his side rip Boro apart Hepburn kept the same formation for the visit of Brighton. It paid dividends as Derby started where they left off against Boro. Malcolm Christie was the star of this Derby performance with two goals and Tomi Petrescu grabbed a third goal as Brighton were brushed aside by a dominant Derby side.

Oldham v Derby - (A) - 0-2

So it was down to the last day of the Division One season and the destiny of the title was still undecided. A Derby win would be enough to secure the title. Preston needed a win or a draw and hope that Derby draw or lose to win the title. Derby were away at Oldham who they struggled against at home earlier in the season. Disaster struck for Derby after only four minutes when gary Caldwell was sent off for a professional foul. It was all downhill from there on in for Derby as Oldham with the man advantage took Derby apart. It was Oldham and the scoreline could have been far greater than it suggested. Preston won their match easily and the title went to Deepdale and deservedly so. Well done Peter and his team on their title win.

In summary the goal for the season was to get promotion back to the Premiership which was achieved easily. Cup runs were also on the agenda but they did not happen due to a bit of bad luck. Leading the league for so long then losing it was not on the agenda but hey it did happen and well done to Peter.

Pre Season in Ramsville

Pre Season came about and boy was it a long one. At Pride Park a few new faces came through the doors and a few old ones left. Here is who came in to strengthen the squad ready for mid table obscurity. Five new faces arrived at Pride Park. These were.....

Transfers In

Alessandro Costanzo - From Liverpool - £350k

Danny Guthrie - From Liverpool - £1.4 Million

Nicolo Rossetti - From Hull - £625k

Stewart Downing - From Hull - £1.3 Million

Jon Otsemobor - From Hull - Free Transfer

Hepburn feels these players will secure Derby's Premiership status at least and he hopes they will be challenging for a european spot at least in the forthcoming campaign.

The Premiership Opener For The Rams And It Was A Bore!!!

Derby v WBA - (H) - 0-0

It was the opening game of the Premiership season and the Derby fans were hoping for a glorious victory. WBA on the other hand had other ideas. As always they were dogged and determined to spoil the Derby party. After all the hype a dull 0-0 draw was the outcome but it was Derby's first point of the new season which was better than none.

edan_clan.jpg

well as we started the second season ,it wasent the best start .a win in the cup 1st round ,adn 1 points out of 6 in the league .

14.8.10-gravesend-peterborough 0-0

gravesend dominated the game but our 15 year old keeper chris steer had a great game and saved us,giving us 1 point .

MoM- chris steer-9

18.8.10 peterborough-lincoln 2-0

we play a good game with lots of missis but still scored 2 goal .

goals:menapi(8th minute)

pugh(69th minute)

MoM-pugh(came in ,in the 64th minute)-9

21.8.10 sunderland-peterborough 1-0

we deserved a win here as we were all over them but there keeper had a great game ,and my strikers missed alot .

goals:tommy smith(5th minute)

MoM :austin(hampton's keeper)

hope to get into form soon and start playing better

daz_man_u_pic.jpg

Gray back to the helm, Could this signal the turn of the tides at Old Trafford

With Darren Gray having family troubles last season best part of the season was left in the hands of his assistant. This reflected in the preformance of the team with a defeat in the champions league final and because tottenham won this ment they lost there Champions League place in the league as well for finishing forth.

Fans at Old Trafford now are hoping that with future of Darren Gray looking stable that this will steady his ship.

Gray has announced some big Signing in the close season and paid 13m for the services of Jonathan Woodgate from rivals Newcastle.

The full list of in's and out can be found here

Alot of people went out in the close season none other than Kaber Kaladze and Matthew Taylor to Tottenham. Spurs seem to have became a place for all the Man Utd old boys to gather. Good luck to them as it did briing them CL glory last year.

A full list of the people to walk out the Trafford doors are here

v Preston (a)

Man U visted new boy Presten and at Deepdale they proved they are no push overs. The FA cup winners feel behind to a goal from Dean Maloney but they were quiclky on level terms throught the young prodidy Adam Arthur. It was a close game and the game was settled in the second half by the superb new signing Dean <aloney who grabbed his second and give Man Utd a winning start to the searson. It was a good game and Man Utd will need to do much better if they are to win the league.

Won 2-1

Lets see what tuesdays session brings

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

The Stevenage Journal : The new Season Begins

We have almost completed our games in the Inter Toto cup with only the second leg in Betis still to play, its all to play for in that second leg and it should be a great game. The Premiership’s opening game has been played and we got a very deserved victory even if it was in the last minute of play, we will try and build on our success……so lets see how we got on……….

Transfers

We got another signing in, this time an experienced defender to cover incase of injuries or if a bid comes in for Robinson.

Transfers In

Jan Filo joins us from Bournemouth, the 24 year old Slovakian has been outstanding in defence for his team and is snap at 70k, he doesn’t break the bank and certainly looks the business.

Inter Toto Cup

So here we are! The second leg of the Inter Toto Cup final, the boro travel away to Betis. With a 1-0 lead it means we can walk into the final with a bit more confidence but it sure aint going to be easy as Betis play four up front and will be looking to smash a few goals in. But, our defence has been awesome so far this season and hopefully we can keep the Betis stars out again!

Semler The Real Deal Against Betis

Date : Wednesday 1st September 2010

Inter Toto Cup Final 2d leg

Betis Vs Stevenage

Venue : Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, Sevilla

Ref : Krasimir Borisov

Very promising start was rewarded when Robinson intercepted a pass, he lobbed a ball straight into the oppositions half, Semler got underneath it and headed it into the path of the ever running Barber, he took the ball to the edge of the area before crossing it in for Hidalgo to finish it off with a power header within the six yard box.(18th minute)

Definitely the funniest goal we’ve scored for a while, the Betis centre midfielder found himself alongside his defenders, with no passing options, he decided to go for a backpass, what a mistake, his back pass rolled into the area where Semler easily took control of it and blasted it home from the edge of the six yard box. (33rd Minute)

Semler got his second of the game later in the second half, a corner taken on the left side by Vieirinha was headed back to him by Barber, so a second cross was attempted which got a flick on by McDonald, it went to Semler who was left unmarked on the far post to gift himself a double. (62nd minute).

Unfortunately, we did then concede a goal from one of Betis’s only attacks of the game, it came from a corner which was crossed into the far post and headed in by Fernando, the keeper was stranded.(69th minute)

Once again though, we couldn’t leave it at that, in the last few minutes of the match, Betis had only half cleared the ball, it was left to Kenton just before the half way line, he whipped a long deep cross into the area where the Betis keeper and defender just let if go, what a mistake as McDonald was ready and waiting for it, he controlled it with ease and slotted it home into the empty net.(89th minute)

Full Time : Betis 1 : 4 Stevenage (HT: 0 : 2) (Agg 1 : 5)

Scorers : Semler(2), Hidalgo, McDonald

Bookings : Betis – Llaneza, Capi, Lembo / Stevenage – None

MoM : Stevenage – Semler

Attendance : 21618

The Premiership

Well as said, we had a victory on the opening day of the Premiership, not as convincing as I’d hoped of course but it was the first game of the season against a very difficult opponent. We now get to our first away trip, another team who have brought in talent over the years and given us the odd problem too.

Date : Wednesday 25th August 2010

Aston Villa Vs Stevenage

Venue : Villa Park, Brum

Ref : Steve Bennett

Villa started out the better side, they created a couple of chances very early on but they wernt anything real threatening to our goal, both 30 yard over bar screamers.

With a small tactical adjustment, we got right into the flow of the game and the goods came too! It was corner time again, Partridge whipped in a cross to the near post where right winger Vieirinha came rushing in to head it into the goal. (17th minute).

We followed this up with another great piece of creative football, a throwing in just inside the Villa have was taken by Higginbotham, a long throw down the left wing ended with Partridge beating his marker to the ball, his marker eventually caught up only to be circled by Partridge who then delivered a cross to the near post where Semler was running in, it was a tap in header from there to double the lead. (36th minute)

Barber held the ball up great on the half way line, even with the pressure of two Villa players, he managed to play the ball out wide to Kenton, he delivered once more a long ball forward which was going to Semler, he headed it into the area where Hidalgo was running too, the two Villa defenders were left stranded as Hidalgo slotted the ball home to the left hand side of the keeper. (46th minute).

Full Time : Aston Villa 0 : 3 Stevenage (HT : 0 – 2)

Scorers : Vieirinha, Semler, Hidalgo

Bookings : Aston Villa – Ouaddon, Moore / Stevenage – None

MoM : Stevenage – Partridge

Attendance : 37515

Date : Sunday 29th August 2010

Stevenage Vs WBA

Ref : David Williams

Our second home game this time round, I’ll be wanting the lads to score more than we did in the opening game and show the fans some very creative “sexy†football with goals.

What a great start we got onto when Partridge once again whipped in a corner, this time its to the far post where Solstad put a powerful header towards goal, the keeper could only parry it, the quickest reflexes came from Hidalgo who volleyed it in from inside the six yard box. (2nd minute).

Then came some bad news, Partridge was crippled by the opponents left back! I certainly was not happy, we put Jackson on as his replacement, very good sub decision it was aswell!

Higginbotham once again took a throwing and threw it towards the edge of the area, Jackson got on the end of it and blasted a long ball over to the area, the keeper beat Semler to it and punched it out, but only as far as Hidalgo who was waiting on the edge of the area, with such crap clearance, Hidalgo punished them and blasted a piledriver into the top corner to double the lead. (26th minute).

The goals kept coming, the third with a counter attack as Vieirinha ran almost three quarters of the pitch with the ball, as he entered the area, he had three men up front with him, with a Baggies defence totally out numbered, a cross came in which was aimed at Barber, without any hesitation he smashed it home. (70th minute).

Where then wrapped things up minutes after that goal, a free kick on the near side of the area was taken by Vieirinha, he lobbed it straight to the front post where Hidalgo came running in to put a powerful header into the net and round up his first hattrick of the season.

Full Time : Stevenage 4 : 0 WBA (HT : 2 – 0)

Scorers : Hidalgo(3), Barber

Bookings : Stevenage– Juliusson / WBA – None

Attendance : 17312

Date : Saturday 4th September 2010

Middlesbrough Vs Stevenage

Venue : The Riverside Stadium

Ref : Jeff Winters

After a Boro clearance, Higginbotham got the ball on the halfway line and passed it to Read on the left wing, totally unmarked, he floated a ball straight into Barber’s path, who incidently was also left unmarked down the left hand side of the area, so he advanced into the box before blasting home the ball into the top corner. (10th minute).

Once again it was that left hand side which keeps giving Boro a lot of problems, A long ball from Higginbotham got to Jackson, he headed it over the oncoming Boro defence where Barber was running diagonally into the box, this time he placed it in the bottom left hand corner, the keeper had no chance. (13th minute).

A counter attack produced the third goal of the game and also rounded up a hattrick for the wonder kid that is Mark Barber, it started with Semler breaking down the right hand side, his stunning pace gave no chance for the Boro defence, it was Barber who was on the break with him, a cross from Semler saw Barber get away from his marker and belt the ball into the net from within the six yard box.

Full Time : M’Boro 0 : 3 Stevenage (HT : 2 – 0)

Scorers : Barber(3)

Bookings : M’Boro – Altkin, Riggott / Stevenage – None

Attendance : 30300

So what a great session for the Boro! We once again advance from the Inter Toto Cup after facing some very stiff competition like we did last time round. The Uefa Cup is now the competition we are in again for our third season running, we have had two great seasons in the competition so far and hopefully we can get to the latter stages once more.

We have now played four games in the Premiership and its going really well so far! We are topping the Premiership in style, we’ve scored 11 goals and have yet to concede in the Premiership, all to change I’m very sure of that but never the less, an exciting start to our league campaign, hopefully we can keep it up and carry on the season as successful as we have started it.

Unfortunately both Partridge and Hidalgo were injured in the last two games, both for 2months. They will be missed as they too have been excellent, however, Jackson and Read and filled in their positions and both look upto the task of getting us them vital wins.

So look out for more news from the Boro camp soon....

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Monday Session

Lets take a look at the remaining pre season games before I start my task of trying to survive my first season in the Premiership.

· 26 July 10 Volendam (a) Lost 2-0

· 1 Aug 10 Aberdeen (a) Drew 0-0

· 10 Aug 10 Newtown (a) Won 1-0

So as you can see we have had a mixed bag of results on our tour, truth is I hope this is just a blip in our preparations for the season.

Next up for us is a game that we are playing for a trophy at this early stage of the season we are up against the Premier league champions West Ham Utd for the Charity Shield.

Community Shield

15 Aug 10 West Ham Utd (n)

Seeing as the team had so well in getting to the Final of the FA Cup and winning it I decided to keep the same team that had done me so proud and give them a bit of respect on what they had done for me last season. The new signings that we have taken on this season will be taken a back seat for this game but will make their debuts in the next few games.

The Team

· C Burrows

· C Laurie

· M Hall

· N Davies

· M Price

· L Whitehouse

· D Shaw

· T Kroll

· H Yahiaoui

· M Blinkhorn

· A Arthur

Subs

· R Hudson

· D Underwood

· D Prutton

· R Gibbons

· H Porarinsson

· R Vaz te

· M Troest

So the good thing about this game is that I get to use 5 subs if I need to and will do so as I want to give as many players a chance to play.

At the start of play we were 20-1 to win the game but at ½ time the bookies might have been a bit hot under the collar as we had given a good account of ourselves and were unlucky not to take the lead. The half had ended with both teams going in at 0-0.

We did get our heads in front from the king of Deepdale that is called Arthur. He had got onto a through ball from Laurie, which found himself one on one with the keeper. With a side step and a shimmy he put the ball into the right hand side of the goal and just past the on coming keepers hands.

We did not have to wait long before it was 1-1. Oskarsson had ghosted to the back post and put in a wicked left foot volley into the net this coming after 60 minutes gone on the clock.

The king was alive and kicking with a free kick given to us Arthur took the spot kick and a la Beckham he curled it over the wall and into the net, all from 20 yards.

We waited 5 minutes before we let in another goal in from their danger man Orri. So we were back to square one and the game could go either way at this stage of the game.

With the game in its last minutes and it going to look like it was going to be a draw, we are hit with a sucker punch. A deep cross from Orri into the heart of our defence had seen their player Davis get above Troest to head past our keeper. 3-2 to the hammers and yet another trophy to go in their cabinet.

We were unlucky to get beat but we could not do anything about Orri today, maybe when we play them again the result may go our way and have a plan to put the breaks on Orri.

End Result… PNE...lose 3-2

Scorers Arthur 58th,73rd

MoM Oskarsson..West Ham 9/10

The Premier league

Now the hard work starts for me and my team. We are only been given odds of 150-1 to win the league by the bookies do they know something that I don’t? I think it should be more like 450-1.

The Squad

Keepers

· C Burrows

· R Hudson

· A Lonergan

Defenders

· C Laurie

· M Hall

· N Davies

· M Price

· L Whitehouse

· D Underwood

· M Troest

· T Hibbert

· S Chahed

· N Rhodes

Midfielders

· D Shaw

· T Kroll

· H Yahiaoui

· R Gibbons

· D Prutton

· G Murphy

· D Mason

· L Williamson

· D Mason

· C Woodhouse

Attackers

· A Arthur

· M Blinkhorn

· H Porarinsson

· R Vaz Te

· K Moran

· D Poole

· T Carroll

So I have a squad of 30 to see me through the season. Maybe a bit to big for what I need but it will cover me for any injuries or suspensions that will come my way, and im bound to get my fair share this season

League

21 Aug 10 Man Utd (h)

So we get one of the favourites for the league to our ground at Deepdale and we welcome the young manager Daz to his first taste of conflict with my team as the last time I played Man Utd it was there number 2 who had taken charge.

The game was no more than 2 minutes old when we had the first injury of the game. An injury to Arthur by Johnston had seen us down to 10 men when Utd went on the attack with their Diablo tactic. A through ball to Marney who went past Price was onto the goal and in a dangerous position to shoot. From a tight angle he tried his luck and hey presto the ball was in the net (4 minutes).

PNE kicked off and went on the attack but was broken down by some good defending from Woodgate. A loose ball was kicked up field by Kirkland which was headed back by Price who saw Arthur was on for a break. Arthur broke the offside trap and was through on goal, he drove the ball low and hard towards the goal. Kirkland tried his best to get down to the shot but alas he could not get enough power on the ball to turn it around the post. 1-1 (11 minute)

This was going to be Arthurs last action of the game after getting injured so early on into the game.

With both teams going into the half time break I feel it would have been Daz who was the happier manager so far. We had been shown how to play keep ball in the first half , lets hope I can get a better performance from some of my players in the second 45.

So into the second half we go and fall behind to a second goal from Marney who hit a half volley from a tight angle that went through the keepers legs 2-1 (57 minute)

To make matters worse we had another player going to the treatment room from a bad lunge from Van Der Vaart. We nearly went 3-1 down but the shot from Todorov that went into the net was to be adjudged off side.

So at the end of the match we have found that it will be a hard league to play in and also the 30 man squad I have might be not enough as after this game I have 2 star players on the treatment table and a few walking wounded.

End Result… PNE...Lose 2-1

Scorers Arthur 11th,

MoM Marney...Man Utd 9/10

Attendance 19538

More to Follow...

efb.JPG?

A Clan Update

Well I thought it might be an idea to post a quick league table of the premierships very early stages, seeing as there is so many of us in the Prem this season.

Before I post it though, Edan is currently in Division 1 with his Peterborough side and it doesn't seem to be the best of starts for him as he finds himself on the wrong end of the table!

So, here's how the start has developed in EFB 2010/2011 season..........

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Pos | Inf | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | Ste | Stevenage | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 11 | 0 | +11 | 12 |

| 2nd | Daz | Man Utd | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 13 | 4 | +9 | 9 |

| 3rd | | Blackburn | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 8 | 3 | +5 | 9 |

| 4th | | Hull | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 8 | 3 | +5 | 9 |

| 5th | | Newcastle | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 7 | 3 | +4 | 9 |

| 6th | | Norwich | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 8 | 4 | +4 | 7 |

| 7th | | Tottenham | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 5 | 2 | +3 | 7 |

| 8th | Pete | Preston | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 8 | 6 | +2 | 6 |

| 9th | | Man City | 4 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 5 |

| 10th | | Birmingham | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 6 | -1 | 4 |

| 11th | Paul | West Ham | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 4 |

| 12th | | Everton | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 4 | -2 | 4 |

| 13th | | Q.P.R. | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 7 | 10 | -3 | 4 |

| 14th | | W.B.A. | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 6 | -4 | 4 |

| 15th | | M'boro | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 7 | -5 | 4 |

| 16th | Andy | Derby | 4 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | -2 | 3 |

| 17th | | Arsenal | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 6 | -3 | 3 |

| 18th | Rob | Torquay | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 8 | -5 | 1 |

| 19th | | Chelsea | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 4 | 10 | -6 | 0 |

| 20th | | Aston Villa | 4 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 11 | -10 | 0 |

</pre>

Goldy :- wow your top is that why we have the table up icon_biggrin.gif congrats to you but for how long as Man Utd and Newcastle could go level with ya.

im happy that im 8th thought i would be near the bottom after my first few games

Just realised you know.....the table is actually a little out of date icon_biggrin.gif

Just by one game cos Utd actualy lost their fourth game!

Ah well.......always next time icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chef:

Goldy :- wow your top is that why we have the table up icon_biggrin.gif congrats to you but for how long as Man Utd and Newcastle could go level with ya.

im happy that im 8th thought i would be near the bottom after my first few games <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly Peter. Soon enough it will all come crumbling down and he won't post the table again. Funny he also hasn't been moaning so much about how the game screws him left, right and centre recently. icon_wink.gif

_ BREAKING NEWS _

Goldy is going to get screwed icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/......you bet ya I will! icon_biggrin.gif

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

The Stevenage Journal : The Season Continues

Well, we qualified from the Inter Toto Cup once again in magnificent style against top European opposition and will be hoping to build on that in the Uefa Cup. No more signings have come in although one or two might be needed as suddenly we have got onto an injury crisis not just at Stevenage, but in the game as plenty of players are getting injured for 2months with a groin strain! But, we must battle on with what we’ve got for now…….we got some money to dip into the market should the right player come along.

Uefa Cup

So here we are! The second leg of the Inter Toto Cup final, the boro travel away to Betis. With a 1-0 lead it means we can walk into the final with a bit more confidence but it sure aint going to be easy as Betis play four up front and will be looking to smash a few goals in. But, our defence has been awesome so far this season and hopefully we can keep the Betis stars out again!

Date : Wednesday 29th September 2010

Uefa Cup 1st Round 1st leg

FC Haka Vs Stevenage

Venue : tehtaan kentta

Ref : Alain Sars

It started off as a very quiet match but certainly got alive when after 25 minutes, a 30 yard pile driver rattled the bar, from there, we went on with more attacks and finally got rewarded. A throwing on the right by Kenton, lead to a flick on from youth striker Houghton, the ball got to Semler who was on the penalty spot, a quick spin around and he blasted it home. (35th minute)

We then conceded a goal on the stroke of half time from Haka’s only attack in the game! 3 defenders seemed unable to take out one attacker and despite Robinson getting a hand to the shot, he couldn’t keep it out. (45th minute).

We came out the second half all guns blazing, a poor clearance from Haka came to Kenton just inside our half, he lofted a ball over the midfield to Houghton who once again flicked it on, he got it over two defenders and into the path of Vieirinha, he advanced into the area and to the edge of the six yard box before blasting it home in the bottom right hand corner. (48th minute).

Just moments after, another poor clearance led to Solstad lobbing a ball over the midfield, the Haka defender tried to get a touch but he made the ball go further down the left wing where Read then easily sprinted onto it and put a very high deep cross into the keeper, youth striker Houghton challenged the keeper and got a head onto it! A goal for the 16 year old striker! (52nd minute).

The fourth and final goal came after some excellent dribbling from McDonald, he then crafted a beautiful through ball into Barber to leave him one on one with the keeper, Barber advanced to the edge of the six yard box and hammered it home with ease. (90th minute).

Full Time : FC Haka 1 : 4 Stevenage (HT: 1 : 1)

Scorers : Semler, Barber, Vieirinha, Houghton

Bookings : FC Haka – Korhonen / Stevenage – Robinson, Semler

Attendance : 7976

The Premiership

We continued well in the Premiership too, we faced one of our fellow EFB managers and also some other difficult teams too, we have had an excellent start so far in our four games and hope to build on that good start to try and meet my target of a top 6 finish.

Date : Saturday 18th September 2010

Stevenage Vs Torquay

Ref : Adam Dyer

Rob has not had the best of starts to the Premiership this season despite playing really well last year, I was looking for a win here and it seemed very possible with a few attacks coming from us in the first half.

We got plenty of width down the wings which the Gulls couldn’t cope with, however, for us, we just couldn’t put it into the net from the chances that were created. So a low key first half really.

The second half started with a very dominate performance from us with some great chances too, but the finishing was absolutely awful, could have had a hatful, but we’re still enjoying some super possession down the wings.

A big clearance by Filo was misjudged by Gulls defender Ashton, this let Semler gain control of the ball, he used his lightening pace to get rid of the defender before advancing into the area and blasting home a well deserved goal. (69th minute).

Rob’s team did get a cracking chance to score in the second half when he changed tactic, Robinson was left on his own, but he stood tall and kept the Gulls strike force out. It was a pretty quiet game again after that.

Full Time : Stevenage 1 : 0 Torquay (HT : 0 – 0)

Scorers : Semler

Bookings : Torquay – Tiui, Jones,– / Stevenage – Read

MoM : Torquay – Osbourne

Attendance : 15473

Date : Saturday 25th September 2010

Hull Vs Stevenage

Venue : The Circle

Ref : Barry Knight

Hull started off very much the better team and one could say they were unlucky not to score, however the second half saw a quick change around for us and the chances started to rain on the Hull goal, but despite all our efforts, we just couldn’t put that piece of leather into the back of the net. Credit to their keeper I guess for managing to keep so many good chances out.

Full Time : Hull 0 : 0 Stevenage (HT : 0 – 0)

Scorers :

Bookings : Stevenage– Juliusson / Hull – Richardson, Guarin

MoM : Hull – Kristiansen

Attendance : 30884

Date : Saturday 2nd October 2010

Stevenage Vs Everton

Ref : Mike Riley

We started very well in this game and it was just a matter of time before we got a goal, a long throwing by Kenton to the edge of the area got to captain Juliusson, he got a looping header onto it which was just too good for the keeper as it landed underneath the crossbar. (18th minute)

Things were going great, especially when Barber hammered home a second and it was against his former club, but it was then given offside.

The Toffee’s got an equalizer from former legend of ours, Silva Viera had his shot saved, as the defender picked it up, Viera saw enough of the ball to poke it past the near post.

Despite them equalizing, we knew we were the better team and had created some brilliant chances, so we continued to do what we have been doing and got our reward when Rommedahl whipped in a corner which got to Read, he challenged off the keeper and nodded it in.(69th minute)

Full Time : Stevenage 2 : 1 Everton (HT : 1 – 0)

Scorers : Juliusson, Read

Bookings : Everton – None / Stevenage – None

Attendance : 17323

Date : Saturday 10th October 2010

Chelsea Vs Stevenage

Venue : Stamford Bridge

Ref : Luke Banks

Well it didn’t take long for the first goal and it was out set play routine that was in action once more, the corners technique seems fantastic, Rommedahl whipped in a cross to the edge of the six yard box, Read got a power header onto it, just as it went to cross the line, Chelsea defender Welsh tripped over it and put it in. (8th minute)

The next goal saw absolute class from our bargain buy Barber, a Chelsea goal kick went to Robinson who cleared it into the opponents half, Barber got hold of it just off the centre circle, standing in his way was Terry, he dribbled, ran circles round him, side stepped him and eventually left him standing before advancing into the area, Marcos the Blues keeper came rushing out of the six yard box only for Barber to chip it over him and into the empty net, true brilliance from the 18 year old.(18th minute)

Chelsea’s change of formation gave us some problems in the second half and they got an equalizer on the hour mark with Duff, but despite constant counter attacks at Chelsea’s back four we couldn’t add to our total.

That was until Semler gathered the ball just inside the opponents half, he guided the ball into the path of Houghton who ran his heart out down the right wing, with four other Stevenage players advancing into the area, he decided for a chip over the oncoming defender and leave it for Vieirinha, who made no mistakes, kept it low and blasted that piece of leather into the back of the net.(90th minute)

Full Time : Chelsea 1 : 3 Stevenage (HT : 0 – 2)

Scorers : Welsh og. Barber, Vieirinha

Bookings : Chelsea – Defoe / Stevenage – None

MoM : Stevenage – Robinson

Attendance : 36017

League Cup

Date : Wednesday 6th September 2010

League Cup 3rd Round

Stevenage Vs Grimsby

Ref : Barry Knight

The cup is here! We got drawn against Grimsby, so its time for our reserves to come out and play, even had problems picking a reserve squad this time! With so many injuries, all the decent reserves have gone into the first team so it was time to play some of our promising youth players.

It took just six minutes before Houghton was hacked down in the area, the ref instantly pointed to the spot. Lindqvist stepped up to take the penalty, the donkey hit it straight at the keeper, but he made up for it by slotting home the rebound! (6th minute)

Just before the half hour mark the lead was doubled, a corner from the right was put in by Tiffert, he put a short corner to Smith who was on the edge of the area, he flicked his header onto Houghton who was waiting on the edge of the six yard box, he controlled it beautifully before belting it home. (27th minute).

The third goal came from a corner aswell! Not long after half time Tiffert delivered a cross from the left hand side, directly to the near post where the on coming youth striker Bennett headed it in past a helpless keeper. (49th minute).

It was pretty much it from there, we held onto the ball and Grimsby got a consolation goal from their only attack in the game in the 84th minute.

Full Time : Stevenage 3 : 1 Grimsby (HT: 2 : 0)

Scorers : Lindqvist, Houghton, Bennett

Bookings : Grimsby – None / Stevenage – None

MoM : Stevenage – Lindqvist

Attendance : 2780

So a good session for us once again, we have now conceded our first Premiership goal of the new campaign but thankfully, we are still unbeaten after this early stage, if we can keep going like this then my target of breaking into the top 6 will certainly be met.

With so many injuries in the team, Houghton has been promoted to the first team, I must admit the 16 year old youth striker has done better than I expected, he’s got three assists and two goals to his name already, a brilliant job, hopefully he can keep this up.

Also back in the first team is Rommedahl, after some awesome display’s in the reserves, I decided that, as its his last season, he might actually play decent for us seeing as we are short on cover for the right wing, he has played a couple of games and done absolutely brilliant so far, about time an all!.

Well, a second leg of the Uefa cup yet to come and I expect nothing but victory in that, lets just hope we can continue our Premiership form for the rest of the season!.

More news next week……..

efb.JPG?

A Clan Update

Premiership

Well, suprisingly, Stevenage top the Premiership and are also still unbeaten! Shocker to say the least, Daz thanks his lucky stars as he original lost to Arsenal 5-3.....but it seems the game wasn't saved properly as Arsenal vs Man Utd were to play again and this time the result was a draw!

Well, with the rest, Pete is doing a cracking job with Preston and is fighting a lot of big teams to get into the top 10, Rouchie's hammers have been off colour a bit but no doubt like before, he will turn it around and get the hammers up the table.

Andy and Rob currently find themselves in a relegation battle, something neither manager expected! Both teams lack of scoring ability in the early part of the season is really showing, with their defence still on holiday aswell, it doesnt help!

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Ste | Stevenage | 8 | 7 | 1 | 0 | 17 | 2 | +15 | 22 |

| 2nd | Daz | Man Utd | 8 | 6 | 1 | 1 | 24 | 8 | +16 | 19 |

| 3rd | | Newcastle | 7 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 11 | 4 | +7 | 17 |

| 4th | | Tottenham | 8 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 13 | 5 | +8 | 16 |

| 5th | | Hull | 8 | 4 | 3 | 1 | 10 | 3 | +7 | 15 |

| 6th | | Q.P.R. | 8 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 17 | 14 | +3 | 14 |

| 7th | | Norwich | 8 | 4 | 1 | 3 | 12 | 12 | 0 | 13 |

| 8th | | Man City | 7 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 9 | 4 | +5 | 12 |

| 9th | Pete | Preston | 8 | 4 | 0 | 4 | 16 | 13 | +3 | 12 |

| 10th | | Blackburn | 7 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 10 | 7 | +3 | 11 |

| 11th | Paul | West Ham | 7 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 12 | 10 | +2 | 11 |

| 12th | | M'boro | 8 | 3 | 1 | 4 | 10 | 16 | -6 | 10 |

| 13th | | W.B.A. | 8 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 11 | -6 | 8 |

| 14th | | Aston V | 8 | 2 | 1 | 5 | 6 | 17 | -11 | 7 |

| 15th | Andy | Derby | 8 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 10 | -5 | 6 |

| 16th | | Chelsea | 8 | 2 | 0 | 6 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 6 |

| 17th | | B'ham | 8 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 9 | 16 | -7 | 5 |

| 18th | | Everton | 8 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 6 | 14 | -8 | 5 |

| 19th | Rob | Torquay | 8 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 8 | 16 | -8 | 4 |

| 20th | | Arsenal | 8 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 6 | 18 | -12 | 4 |

</pre>

Division 1

Well below is a table for Division 1, Edan is our only manager currently managing a first division team after the promotion of two clubs last season. Its been a mix bag of results for Edan, a good run of results can see him moving into the play offs places, but a bad run can see him in a relegation battle!

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Brighton | 11 | 7 | 4 | 0 | 22 | 9 | +13 | 25 |

| 2nd | | Coventry | 11 | 6 | 4 | 1 | 21 | 10 | +11 | 22 |

| 3rd | | Gravesend | 11 | 6 | 2 | 3 | 22 | 13 | +9 | 20 |

| 4th | | Barnsley | 11 | 6 | 2 | 3 | 20 | 14 | +6 | 20 |

| 5th | | Sunderland | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 19 | 14 | +5 | 19 |

| 6th | | Fulham | 11 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 16 | 13 | +3 | 19 |

| 7th | | Cardiff | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 15 | 12 | +3 | 18 |

| 8th | | Oldham | 11 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 16 | 12 | +4 | 16 |

| 9th | | Cheltenham | 11 | 5 | 1 | 5 | 13 | 15 | -2 | 16 |

| 10th | | Bristol City | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 17 | 15 | +2 | 15 |

| 11th | | Wolves | 11 | 3 | 6 | 2 | 15 | 16 | -1 | 15 |

| 12th | | Burnley | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 13 | 14 | -1 | 15 |

| 13th | | Halifax | 11 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 12 | 9 | +3 | 14 |

| 14th | | Millwall | 11 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 17 | 17 | 0 | 14 |

| 15th | | Darlington | 11 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 12 | 12 | 0 | 14 |

| 16th | | Nottm Forest | 11 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 12 | 17 | -5 | 14 |

| 17th | Edan | Peterborough | 11 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 14 | 14 | 0 | 13 |

| 18th | | Southampton | 11 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 17 | 22 | -5 | 13 |

| 19th | | Crewe | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 17 | -10 | 12 |

| 20th | | Liverpool | 11 | 3 | 1 | 7 | 17 | 22 | -5 | 10 |

| 21st | | Sheff Wed | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 10 | 16 | -6 | 9 |

| 22nd | | Crystal P | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 14 | 21 | -7 | 9 |

| 23rd | | Brentford | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 13 | 21 | -8 | 9 |

| 24th | | Watford | 11 | 1 | 2 | 8 | 17 | 26 | -9 | 5 |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

</pre>

That's it for this week guys......more to come after next session.

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Tuesday and Thursday Session

Well lets just take a look at my season so far before I leave it all to my Assistant Manager Going on my holidays so anything could happen !!

To take control. This will be a brief update to what’s happened and not an in-depth report as to what I have been doing at Deepdale.

The Premier league

25 Aug 10 Arsenal (a)

A hard test for us we went behind to an early goal but came back fighting in the second half to take all the points.

End Result… PNE...Win 4-1

Scorers Moran 56th,83rd, Poole 69th, Yahiaoui 85th.

MoM Poole...PNE 9/10

Attendance 48,622

The Premier league

28 Aug 10 Aston Villa (h)

After our surprised win at Arsenal we kept the same team. We went ahead in the first half and were leading up to the 60th minute when the Villians got a goal back. We missed a penalty but scored 2 more goals to take another 3 points in our quest for survival.

End Result… PNE...Win 3-1

Scorers Arthur 14th, 63rd, Gibbons 69th.

MoM Arthur...PNE 9/10

Attendance 19,512

The Premier league

4 Sept 10 WBA (a)

This is where the wheels came of the track. After such a good start to the campaign we were blown out of the water by 1 man Braathen who had come on as sub and got the goals to send us to a defeat.

End Result… PNE...Lose 2-0

Scorers none for us

MoM Braathen...WBA 8/10

Attendance 26,666

The Premier league

18 Sept 10 Middlesbrough (h)

After going ahead after 6 minutes we were pegged back by a cracker of a shot that beat the defence and keeper and anybody else that was in the way. The second half we saw 2 quick goals by the visitors finish us of. We did get a goal in the last 10 minutes but the lads were found wanting to get that 3 goal and rescue a point

End Result… PNE...Lose 3-2

Scorers Arthur 6th, 80th.

MoM Ameobi...Midds 10/10

Attendance 19,542

The Premier league

25 Sept 10 Torquay (a)

This was a fight between the 2 human managers Me and Rob. We missed a penalty in the 23rd minute and were then caught from a goal from Hodges after 27 minutes. The second half we had to change the tactic to get the better of Rob and it paid off as we got 3 goals to finish him off. If truth were known Robs team deserved a draw and not this defeat as we both had the same shots on target but our young keeper played a blinder to keep out the Torquay attack.

Scorers Arthur 49th,56th, Prutton 83rd.

MoM Burrows...PNE 10/10

Attendance 8,486

My European Adventure

UEFA Cup 1st rd 1st leg

29 Sept 10 Slovan Bratislava (h)

Only a small crowd turned out to see us in Europe, but the ones that did were treated to a show of poor finishing from my team. We had the better of the first half but due to lack of shooting at the goal properly it was 0-0 at half time.

The second half was not much better but we did get the ball into the net, but we might have given the visitor a glimmer of hope for the 2nd leg as they have the away goal.

Scorers Moran 59th, Vaz Te 87th.

MoM Gibbons...PNE 8/10

Attendance 8,557

The Premier league

2 Oct 10 Hull (h)

Now we know this was going to be a hard game as hull with all their stars had the better of us on paper, but it was on the pitch where it mattered. A break away from Hull had seen them go into the break 1-0 up. Half way through the second half we had Yahiaoui sent off for a break your legs tackle. After this is was backs to the wall and we went further behind to a fumble from our keeper that let in Arrieta with a tap in

End Result… PNE...Lose 2-0

Scorers none today

MoM Borriello...Hull 9/10

Attendance 18,762

The Premier league

9 Oct 10 Everton (a)

This was a game that we should win as Everton were going through a bad patch and were in the bottom 3 of the league.

We made hard work of the first half but we did show our class as we went 2-0 up soon in the second half. Everton did make a game of it by getting a goal but we just upped a gear and went and got a 3rd goal

Scorers Kroll 49th, Moran 57th,82nd.

MoM Arthur...PNE 10/10

Attendance 28,234

So we finish the sessions and after this who knows what will happen. Will I still be in a job? Will I still be in the Premiership? We will all have to wait and see so for now this will be my last post on the day to day running of PNE until I get back off my holidays.

derby.jpg

Rams Review - Rams Rampant in..............Defeat After Defeat!!!!!

On the early season showing Derby will not be lasting long in the Premiership. For the first few games they could not even muster a goal then it was just defeat after defeat. Things are not going well on the pitch for the Rams and Hepburn is trying his best to turn around the fortunes of this proud club. Here is a rundown of the games so far....

The League Campaign

Middlesbrough v Derby - (A) - 0-0

The last time these two teams met it was a spectacular game full of chances and attacking football. That was last season, this season it was a really dull boring draw with really not much to talk about. If it was not for new goalkeeper Alessandro Costanzo it could have been far worse for Derby. Another point on the road to safety.

Derby v Torquay - (H) - 0-0

A game of missed chances and terrible finishing from the Derby strikers. Derby welcomed Rob's Torquay to Pride Park for the first meeting between the two managers and promptly set about trying to get Derby's first win of the Premiership campaign or even a goal to shout about. Again the Derby drew a blank and Hepburn was irrate at his team's poor finishing.

Hull v Derby - (A) - 0-2

A trip to Hepburn's old club where the fans still worship him. They know he got the club to where they are and they were right behind him when he got sacked. Again another game and this time no goals and no points to go away with. In actual fact Hull outclassed a poor Derby side who did not look like the team of last season. All Derby could muster was a few long range efforts that really did not trouble the Hull goalkeeper. Very poor performance from Derby.

Derby v Everton - (H) - 3-0

At long last Derby recorded their first win of the Premiership season and what a way to do it. They looked a different team than the one who got outclassed at Hull. It did not look that way from the first half showing which was absolutely awful. Then Derby came out fired up and tore Everton apart. A goal just after the restart from Rungratsamee got Derby going. Stewart Downing grabbed Derby's second and his first ever goal for the club. Rungratsamee then added a third to round off a great performance for Derby.

Chelsea v Derby - (A) - 1-3

From playing so well and taking their chances this was a game where Derby's finishing was woeful to say the least. Chelsea's extra class told as they created the chances and put them away brilliantly. It had all started so well for Derby as they went ahead after only two minutes through Matthew Piper but then they just could not put the ball in the back of the net. Whereas Chelsea created chances and stuck them away.

Derby v Manchester City - (H) - 1-3

Another game and Derby's defence crumbled at the first signs of pressure. Again Derby took the lead through Rungratsamee but then Man City applied the pressure and Derby crumbled. Both sides were creating numerous chances but the difference again was the striking abilities etween the two sides. Derby were terrible and Man City were efficent to say the least.

Tottenham v Derby - (A) - 0-2

From a home mauling it was time for an away mauling at the hands of Tottenham. Again Derby found themselves being outclassed and Hepburn's face said it all when his team were walking off the pitch. Absymal performance.

Derby v Birmingham - (H) - 0-0

Nothing really to take from this game. It was an even game most notable was again the terrible finishing from both teams.

The League Cup Experience

Hepburn was wanting Derby to really go for this trophy but int he end they were beaten by a better team. In the second round Bradford City came calling at Pride Park and went away battered and briused as Derby tore them to shreds. Matthew Piper gave Derby the lead and a double from Rungratsamee sealed a good win for Derby. In round three it was Man City's turn to visit Pride Park. Having been beaten just weeks before the tie Derby put up a better fight and limited Man City to set piece chances. Unfortunately they took one of them and Shay Given produced a man of the match performance to send Derby tumbling out of the League Cup.

edan_clan_pic_2.jpg

this is a update for 4 sessions ,so it will be very long

25/8/10

peterborough-wolves 2-3

a bad game by my players ,wolves were much better and surley diserved the win .

goals:

pugh 35 menapi pen87

wolves: miller 1,20

collins 84

28/8/10

peterborough-oldham 2-1

the score is a lie ,was all over them ,but missed so much ,got the 3 points thats the most importent

goals:

correia 11 oldham:killen 61

menapi 24

MoM-pireja 9/10

4/9/10

fulham-peterborough 2-1

a equal game but there hand was on top winning the game .

goals:

pugh 37 fulham:nabil 9

boa morte 44

menapi injured during game ,and will be out for 2 months .

8/9/10

peterborough-barnsley 2-2

a very good game by both teams was great for the fans ,we were lucky as they missed a penalty on the 90th minute .

goals:

ryan 71,85 barnsley: wells 37

ross pen 49

MoM -ryan 9/10

18/9/10

peterborough-cheltenham 2-0

well played game ,all over them

goals:

simpson 64

barber 90

MoM pugh 9/10

20/9/10

3 players injured during training

ryan(2 weeks)

sadler(3 weeks)

vermeiren(4 weeks)

25/9/10

peterborough-crystal palace 3-2

i changed tactics in this game to a more attacking tactic and it payed off ,pugh was awesome in the game and MCcann with 2 assists.

was with 10 men since the 43rd minute after piroja was sent off getting 2 yellow cards

goals:

pugh 27,64,86 palace:lualua pen20,61

MoM-pugh 10/10

28/9/10

league cup away at burton albion winning 3-1

we were down 1-0 but then some talking with my players changed the whole game and we were all over them winning 3-1

goals : debolla og-38 burton albion:debolla24

pugh45

simpson 74

MoM pugh 9/10

2/10/10

darlington-peterborough 1-1

an equal game with a great goal by ze mario scoring a volley ball from the edge of the 16 line .

goals: ze mario 8 darlington:bagshaw 69

6/10/10

coventry-peterborough 2-1

pugh with another great goal gave us the lead ,but 2 late goals by coventry and they stole the game .

goals: pugh 10 coventry: agostinio 70

parkinson 90

20/10/10

bought lee cartwright(18)(gk)from rotherham for 850k

23/10/10

peterborough-southampton 4-1

a great game by my players ,we were all over them and we deserved the 4 goals .

goals : alexander 9,22 southampton: bryant67

correia 31

pugh 59

MoM alexander 10/10

30/10/10

bristol city-peterborough 1-2

an equal game where i had the luck to win 3 points

goals: alexander 8 bristol city: robinson 79

mccann pen 54

MoM pugh 9/10

3/11/10

league cup home agianst reading 5-0

my players exploded in this game and won it easily .

goals: pugh 4,84 marshell 53

mccann 65 alexander 86

MoM pugh 10/10

6/11/10

peterborough-nottm forrest 0-0

in 3 words: boring ,boring,boring !

MoM lee cartwright 8/10

10/11/10

brentford-peterborough 1-3

was 1-0 down until i made 3 great subs and won the game 3-1

goals: simpson 75,79,90 brentford: long 31

MoM simpson 10/10

20/11/10

peterborough-sheff wed 0-1

2 shoots 1 goal tell the story of this game thier keeper mom with a 9 !

21/11/10

stadium expansion finished (7000 seats)

27/11/10

burnley-peterborough 1-3

the better team on the field won the match

goals: menapi 38 burnley: brandy 45

pugh 75

ryan 90

MoM pugh 10/10

1/12/10

peterborough-liverpool 5-1

in this game we should one of our best performances and we thrashed liverpool 5-1!

goals: menapi 36,pen90 liverpool:diouf 47

geremi og42

pugh 80

riley 87

MoM menapi 10/10

4/12/10

halifax-peterborough 1-0

well this game was pretty boring but they had the luck scoring and taking the 3 points with a late 82nd minute goal

8/12/10

peterborough-preston league cup 1-0

well as peter was away i had a match agianst his team winning the game 1-0 and qualafying for the 1/4 final of the league cup .i diserved i higher win but the point is that we won .

goal:mccann 33

MoM lonergon 9/10(prestons keeper)

16/12/10

very bad news as young star danny pugh was injured in training for 2 months ,the player considered retering ,but in the end i sent him to rehabilition ,hope to see him back soon .

18/12/10

peterborough-brighton 3-2

we were playing agianst a great team but in this game my team was better and diserved the win .

goals: riley brighton: steve wright

menapi leon knight

marshell

MoM: riley9/10

22/12/10

league cup 1/4 final agianst stevenage 2-1

well steve was on holiday on this game and he let his assitant take charge of this game .stevenage were a little better but a great game by my keeper passed us to the semi final.

goals: mccann 80 stevenage: partridge 41

alexander 82

MoM lee cartwright 10/10

26/12/10

peterborough-cardiff 4-1

another great game at home the crowd was satisfied after we set a new record of 18,500 fans in this game ,they saw a great show by the local players

goals: simpson 8,69 cardiff: earnshaw 12

menapi 39,51

MoM menapi 10/10

29/12/10

peterborough-gravesend 1-1

the game was very equal as both sides had some good chances but in the end each team got 1 point

goals: menapi 63 gravesend: watson 25

1/11/11

wolves-peterborough 4-1

a very bad start for the new year,the worst game of the season ,later it was found out that players were partying all night and they all got big fines icon_eek.gif

goals: menapi 45 wolves: owen5,45

miller 42

fletcher 87

5/1/11

milwall-peterborough 3-1

i was 1-0 up and the game was equal but poor defending in the last 16 minutes resualted in a loose .

goals: riley 53 millwall: mcveigh 74,80,90

8/1/11

fa cup home vs man united

me vs daz and daz wins

i was up 1-0 then ze mario my most importent player was injured and then we conceeded 2 goals and i am out of this cup ,i was better and for sure didnt deserve to loose ,but the mighty united with a budget of 50 times of mine won the game .

i was very proud of my team for there great game.

in this game we also set a record of 550,000 pounds earning the highst income from tickets ever.

goals: menapi 18 man u: buck43,60

12/1/11

oldham-peterborough 0-0

should have won this match but too much missing at the end of the game .

15/1/11

peterborough-fulham 1-1

well in this game fulham had the better chances in this equal game but a late goal by marshell saved me a point .

goals: marshell 84 fulham: boa morte 24

this game was the 5th game since the start of the new year and we still dont have a win

hope to get a win on the next session

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

Well this week’s session included my assistant managers taking over for brief spells, as with me starting a new job in world outside of CM, I have a lot of work that I need to do for that and need to study a lot, so that’s why the assistants took over and the reason for the lack of updates! Well, lets see how it went anyway…..

Uefa Cup

We have the second leg with FC Haka to finish off at Broadhall Way, we’re as good as through with such a fantastic away win and Haka will have to play extremely good to have a hope!

1st Round

FC Haka were finished off and were heading back to Finland empty handed and out of the Uefa Cup at the very first round.

The rampant Stevenage were all over the Haka defence like a rash, they couldn’t cope at all and gave away a penalty after just 9minutes, Juliusson converted it with ease.

As halftime was approaching, the lead was doubled when Semler put a powerful header in from our usual corner routine.

Halfway through the second half, Houghton our young 16 year old youth striker added his name to the scoresheet with a power strike. The goals were coming in thick and fast, with ten minutes to go, a penalty was converted McDonald and that was followed up with the fifth and final goal by Semler on the stroke of full time

Agg Score : Stevenage 9 – 1 FC Haka

2nd Round

We would travel to Tel Aviv for the first leg, and then return to Broadhall Way for the return leg. I was in charge for the first leg with the assistants in charge for the return leg.

The first leg went according to plan, we came out all guns blazing from the kick off and it took just a quarter of an hour for us to get that vital away goal, it was the goal machine Semler who scored.

We went in 1-0 up at half time knowing we should have scored at least another two or three, we took them positives from the first half and carried them on as just then minutes from the second half kick off, a penalty was awarded and converted by the Icemand, club captain Juliusson.

With just 13minutes to go in the tie, the Iceman did it again, another penalty was awarded, despite missing the pen, the follow up was belted in and almost broke the net!

The second leg saw the assistance take charge, despite taking Tel Aviv apart, they couldn’t but that piece of leather into the back of the net, but our defence was strong too as they did not have a single shot.

Agg Score : Stevenage 3 – 0 M.Tel Aviv

Stevenage advance to the next round of the cup and will be facing Greek giants POAK.

The Premiership

Most of the games my assistants were in charge and they did a pathetic job an all! But, there were some games that I did come back for and got some vital results back. Lets see how it went…..

Man City, an easy win over Citeh, formerly managed by Daz, they are still splashing the cash and buying big names, but they arnt performing at all. Goals from Juliusson, Barber and Solstad ensured victory. FT : 3 – 1

Spurs, a difficult team and some would even go as far as saying they are the Man Utd reserve team! One team we never seem to do well against, we put up a great fight and really, victory should have gone our way but it wasn’t going to be, still, its better than a defeat. Goals came from Barber and Jackson. FT : 2 – 2

Brum, Well we get re-united with our former player Ferguson, he’s in the heart of the Birmingham midfield and that certainly was great for us, cos we know he’s getting on a bit. Juliusson owned him big time and put in a great display, it was a rout. A brace from Juliusson and Jackson and Barber got a goal again. FT : 4 – 0

Newcastle, we were the better team but it’s the Magpies, the game just doesn’t like us being better than them! We lose our first game of the season despite having created more goal chances and having more possession, cant beat the one shot one goal ration though!. FT : 0 – 1

Norwich, they been buying some “old stars†one would say, they had a great season and are doing so again this time round, but they wernt as good as us today, we ran riot and got a deserved win. Two goals came from Semler and another from Robinson. FT : 3 – 1

Derby, Andy’s team get to entertain us at Pride Park! But I wasn’t in charge for this, my assistance took charge and they did a splendid job here on following my instructions!.It was all one way traffic according to Andy and he was lucky not to concede more! Another game Derby didn’t score in!! Barber and Partridge got out goals though. FT : 2 - 0

West Ham, a close game from what the stats showed and it ended up all even, which makes a change but both managers where absent. Barber got our goal today. FT : 1 – 1

Preston, another game where both managers where absent and it seems my assistants cannot win a game! Another even stevens game. Scoring machine Barber got the goal here too. FT : 1 – 1

QPR, once more, the assistants were in charge and they are doing an absolute awful job of things, they make it a third draw in a row! This of course saw the club slowly slip down the table, I guess its better than a defeat but another game that should have been easily won. FT : 0 – 0

Man Utd, The Manager returns! The assistants are doing crap to say the least, three draws in a row is just not good enough. Daz’s team very much enjoyed possession in the first half, all over me infact and it was amazing that we managed to keep them out! They even had a goal disallowed for offside! Gold turns into his tactic folder and finds the 4-1-5, time to attack! We started to see a lot more of the ball and create chances at the Utd net, it seemed Daz was getting worried when he dipped in and out of the tactics! Then with just three minutes, a Boro counter attack! The Utd defence were left standing, Semler’s pace beat O’shea before the man they all want smashed it into the net to give Utd their second defeat of the season. Barber scored the vital winning goal! FT : 1 – 0

The Cups

League Cup

Spurs, the reserves went down 2-0 to Spurs who were playing their first team! An amazing change in tactics transformed the reserves and they showed Spurs how to do it! The come back kings hammered in three goals. They were scored by Paulinho, Smith(penalty) and Collins. FT : 3 – 2

Chelsea, I wasn’t in charge for this one but it was a close game from what I could see in the highlights. It was that close that it went to penalties! In normal time it was Barber who scored for us. Semler got a goal in extra time but the blues cancelled it out! Chelski were crap at Pens though, both team missed their first pen, Chelsea went on to miss both their second and third pen which we both scored, Robinson and Collins took ours to give us victory. FT : 2 – 2, Stevenage win on Pens.

Peterborough, once again, another game my assistance were in charge, they were going through that awful drawing phase in the league at the time, Edan kept me updated though on this game We had loads of chances on goal and it showed with the Posh keeper getting the man of the match award. Partridge got our goal but the Assistants were not good enough this time to lead the team through, so good luck to Edan in the next round. FT : 1 – 2

FA Cup

Derby, Once again we face Andy, I was back in charge for this, of course, much to the delight of Andy! I set out a reserve team which was lacking a few strikers, needless to say that when Andy crippled a reserve striker, I had to start putting defenders up front! Well, the game ended all even and a replay is to come, its anyone’s game yet! FT : 0 – 0

Summary

Well my assistants did a pretty crap job, only a couple of wins and then it went all down hill, we slipped down the table a couple of places cos of it but when I returned, we managed to get a massive win.

The current situation is not helped though with the mass injury crisis that has developed at the Boro! Both Hidalgo and Jackson needed therapy after suddenly being consistently injured as soon as they returned from their original injury! Its not just upfront that we’re lacking some players but in every position, but we’ll just have to fight on and hopefully we can scrape through it!.

Barber and Semler are both doing an excellent job for us upfront, a bargain at 1.2million for the young lad.

We also got some money from Everton cos former legend Viera is doing a good job for them, 575k comes our way for his 10 league goals with another 500k to follow soon as he will easily match that appearance target too.

Our Expansion had also finished during Decemeber as I read in my news when I returned, our board are still up tight about wages and hopefully at the end of the season, a big clearance of some top earners will help take it down, with a bigger stadium we can hopefully now increase that budget as we really need to attract some top calibre players if we want to meet my own targets.

Well, there we go, we’re past half way now and the Premiership is still very close, its going to be a very interesting battle to say the least.

Keep tuned, more to follow next week…….

efb.JPG?

A Clan Update

Premiership

Daz got himself infront, but only just! A good run of form has seen them go into top spot, a bad run of form seen Boro slip and see's Stevenage in 3rd place by goal difference. Rouchie's assistant is keeping the Hammers steady in the top ten places.

Pete is battling to try and get into the top ten which he keeps getting into to and then back out again, his assistant is in charge now while he's on holiday for 2 weeks, same as rouchie.

Andy's team is struggling still! They just struggle to score and it gets more frustrating for him as his defence seem to just give up at times and let the opponents in. Rob's team continue their awful performance, not sure whats gone wrong for him this season but he needs to turn things around quickly as his job is insecure!

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Daz | Man Utd | 19 | 14 | 3 | 2 | 64 | 16 | +48 | 45 |

| 2nd | | Tottenham | 19 | 12 | 6 | 1 | 37 | 11 | +26 | 42 |

| 3rd | Steve | Stevenage | 19 | 12 | 6 | 1 | 36 | 11 | +25 | 42 |

| 4th | | Newcastle | 19 | 13 | 3 | 3 | 31 | 15 | +16 | 42 |

| 5th | | Hull | 19 | 11 | 5 | 3 | 34 | 20 | +14 | 38 |

| 6th | | Norwich | 19 | 11 | 1 | 7 | 29 | 23 | +6 | 34 |

| 7th | | Man City | 19 | 9 | 5 | 5 | 27 | 23 | +4 | 32 |

| 8th | Paul | West Ham | 18 | 8 | 5 | 5 | 28 | 20 | +8 | 29 |

| 9th | | Chelsea | 18 | 9 | 1 | 8 | 29 | 31 | -2 | 28 |

| 10th | | Birmingham | 19 | 7 | 4 | 8 | 25 | 27 | -2 | 25 |

| 11th | | Blackburn | 19 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 23 | 36 | -13 | 22 |

| 12th | Pete | Preston | 19 | 6 | 2 | 11 | 25 | 27 | -2 | 20 |

| 13th | | M'Boro | 19 | 6 | 2 | 11 | 26 | 34 | -8 | 20 |

| 14th | | Arsenal | 19 | 6 | 2 | 11 | 24 | 33 | -9 | 20 |

| 15th | | Everton | 19 | 5 | 5 | 9 | 26 | 39 | -13 | 20 |

| 16th | Andy | Derby | 19 | 4 | 6 | 9 | 19 | 34 | -15 | 18 |

| 17th | | Q.P.R. | 19 | 4 | 4 | 11 | 21 | 34 | -13 | 16 |

| 18th | | W.B.A. | 19 | 3 | 5 | 11 | 14 | 36 | -22 | 14 |

| 19th | Rob | Torquay | 19 | 2 | 5 | 12 | 18 | 38 | -20 | 11 |

| 20th | | Aston V | 19 | 2 | 4 | 13 | 12 | 40 | -28 | 10 |

</pre>

Division 1

Edan's team are improving throughout the season and it seems that they have gelled a lot more now as team work really is getting Posh up the table, they been in reach of the play offs and a good run of games will see them in a possible promotional position.

| 1st | | Barnsley | 27 | 14 | 10 | 3 | 46 | 22 | +24 | 52 |

| 2nd | | Fulham | 27 | 14 | 8 | 5 | 51 | 31 | +20 | 50 |

| 3rd | | Brighton | 27 | 13 | 8 | 6 | 47 | 37 | +10 | 47 |

| 4th | | Sunderland | 27 | 12 | 9 | 6 | 50 | 31 | +19 | 45 |

| 5th | | Nottm F | 27 | 12 | 7 | 8 | 37 | 37 | 0 | 43 |

| 6th | | Gravesend | 27 | 11 | 9 | 7 | 46 | 37 | +9 | 42 |

| 7th | | Burnley | 27 | 12 | 6 | 9 | 41 | 34 | +7 | 42 |

| 8th | | Halifax | 27 | 9 | 12 | 6 | 28 | 19 | +9 | 39 |

| 9th | | Coventry | 27 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 45 | 38 | +7 | 39 |

| 10th | | Wolves | 27 | 8 | 14 | 5 | 44 | 36 | +8 | 38 |

| 11th | Edan | Peterborough | 27 | 10 | 8 | 9 | 42 | 34 | +8 | 38 |

| 12th | | Watford | 27 | 11 | 4 | 12 | 45 | 43 | +2 | 37 |

| 13th | | Cardiff | 27 | 10 | 7 | 10 | 34 | 35 | -1 | 37 |

| 14th | | Crewe | 27 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 29 | 30 | -1 | 36 |

| 15th | | Cheltenham | 27 | 10 | 6 | 11 | 32 | 40 | -8 | 36 |

| 16th | | Millwall | 27 | 7 | 13 | 7 | 42 | 41 | +1 | 34 |

| 17th | | Liverpool | 27 | 11 | 1 | 15 | 48 | 57 | -9 | 34 |

| 18th | | Southampton | 27 | 8 | 7 | 12 | 41 | 49 | -8 | 31 |

| 19th | | Darlington | 27 | 7 | 10 | 10 | 31 | 42 | -11 | 31 |

| 20th | | Oldham | 27 | 7 | 9 | 11 | 35 | 40 | -5 | 30 |

| 21st | | Bristol C | 27 | 7 | 5 | 15 | 33 | 49 | -16 | 26 |

| 22nd | | Brentford | 27 | 6 | 7 | 14 | 32 | 49 | -17 | 25 |

| 23rd | | Sheff Wed | 27 | 6 | 6 | 15 | 22 | 44 | -22 | 24 |

| 24th | | Crystal P | 27 | 4 | 8 | 15 | 34 | 60 | -26 | 20 |

</pre>

That's it for this week guys......more to come after next session.

derby.jpg

Rams Review - Defeat After Defeat....Oh And A Few Draws Thrown In As Well And Maybe The Odd Win!!!!

As the title tells you, it has not been a good season for the Rams so far. Defeats galore with the odd win and drawn thrown in for good measure. Here is a run down of the latest games........

The League Campaign

Newcastle v Derby - (A) - 3-2

After so many games without a win this win came from no where. The bookies thought it was an odds on victory for the Toon Army and everyone inside the stadium was banking on a home win. But as football is so unpredictable Derby decided to win this game of football. In other games Derby just did not have the luck but in this game they may have used all their luck and then some. Landon Donovan gave Derby the lead only for Klose to eqaulise for Newcastle. In the second half right on kick off Derby attacked down the right. Piper put in a superb ball and Lucio failed to deal with it and it ended up in the back of the Newcastle net. Then only seven minutes later Landon Donovan put Derby 3-1 up with a great strike. The Newcastle fans did not know what was happening whereas the Derby fans were in heaven. Derby rode their luck as Newcastle piled on the pressure and they did grab one goal back but it was not enough in the end. Superb result for the Rams.

Derby v Norwich - (H) - 2-1

Having witness such a bizarre and awesome performance there was some optimism inside Pride Park for the visit of high flying Norwich. It was quite a n open attacking game from both teams making numerous chances. Landon Donovan got Derby off to the best possible start as he put them ahead after only nine minutes. There was further joy in the Derby camp as on the stroke of half time Derby were awarded a penalty that Rungratsamee slotted home beautifully. Derby tried to build on this 2-0 half time lead but found Petr Cech in fine form. Norwich grabbed a consolation goal with a great header from Sarr.

West Ham v Derby - (A) - 1-2

Next up was a trip to the champions West Ham. The Hammers showed just why they are champions with a classy performance. Jon Harley scored an absolute screamer from 30 yards but it wasn't enough for the Rams.

Blackburn v Derby - (A) -1-2

This game highlighted the gulf in class between both teams set of strikers. The Blackburn strikers put away their chances whereas the Derby strikers as usual did not. It was an even game but finishing these chances is the name of the game and Derby did not do that. Nicolo Rossetti scored the Derby goal.

Derby v Stevenage - (H) -0-2

Derby were outclassed from start to finish in this game as Stevenage showed just how far they have came under Stephen Gold's management. It was hard for Derby to actually take anything positive from this game such was the class of Stevenage's performance.

Preston v Derby - (A) - 1-1

How Derby escaped from this game with a draw I do not know. They had Costanzo to thank for an excellent goalkeeping performance and Rungratsamee for the goal. This more like a point gained than two points lost for Derby. They were under the cosh for most of the match but managed a draw in the end.

Derby v QPR - (H) -3-2

For once a game that was pretty even but Derby came out on top for a change. They also had Costanzo to thank for another superb performance in goal for Derby. They didn't get off to the best start as Diego Forlan put QPR ahead after only seven minutes. But Landon Donovan got Derby back into the game after a superb strike inside the area. QPR then took the lead again but then Hepburn changed the tactics and it got them two goals in the closing minutes to secure a win. The goals from Derby cmae from Ryan Russell and a winner from Nicolo Rossetti.

Man Utd v Derby - (A) - 1-9

No comment on this one. Daz's diablo destroyed poor Hepburn's side.

Derby v Arsenal - (H) - 0-1

Again this game came down to finishing and Derby's strikers could not finish the chances created for them. Alan Smith got the winner for the Gunners.

Aston Villa v Derby - (A) - 2-2

A game here that Derby actually dominated and yet still did not come away with a victory. The blame has to go to Costanzo who had an absolute nightmare of game. He firstly let a shot from 75 yards go past him then fumbled the ball for Villa's equaliser. Derby were looking good for the victory as they bombarded Villa's goal with chance after chance. Nicolo Rossetti and Danny Guthrie scored the goals for Derby but after Villa's equaliser they could not find a way past the Villa goalkeeper.

Derby v Middlesbrough - (H)- 4-4

What a great advert for football this was!!! Both defences decided not to show up and let both sets of attackers grab all the headlines. Derby had raced into a 4-2 lead with fifteen minutes to go. Then disaster struck as Boro pulled themselves back into the game with two Ameobi goals to deny Derby a victory. The highlight for Derby was a Landon Donovan hat trick and Ryan Wilkie's first goal for Derby. Spectacular!!!

WBA v Derby - (A) - 1-1

Another very even encounter between two battling sides. Nicolas Anelka drew first blood for WBA only for new signing Hadzi to equalise for Derby. Both sides had their chances to win it but found goalkeepers to be on top form to keep the scoreline even. Derby did have the better chances but a draw was a fair result.

Torquay v Derby - (A) - 1-1

It was the same old story for Derby in this game. Missed chances but only this time due to some superb goalkeeping. Torquay started off like an express train catching Derby cold as they created a few chances within the first few minutes. They took the lead due to some slack defending from Derby. That lead was given to them by Robin Kieft whom former manager Rob White couldn't get to score in a brothel. After that it was all Derby and they got an equaliser right on half time. Cross form the left from Stewart Downing was converted at the back post by William Flood. In the second half Derby tried in vain to find a winner but it was just not meant to be.

The FA Cup Adventure

At the start of the season Hepburn stated he wanted to have a good run in the FA Cup. Well they couldn't have had a harder tie as the third round draw brought Derby and Stevenage together yet again (I am telling you this game is fixed!!!). It was Derby who had to go to the Boro to try and get a result. It was quite an even encounter with Boro having slightly better chances than Derby. It ended 0-0. The replay was back at Pride Park. It was an entertaining game to say the least as both teams went at it right from kick off. Boro trying out this new multi attacking formation in the second half which led to Derby scoring goals aplenty to secure the win.

Into round four Derby went and they were up against Man City at Pride Park. Derby produced probably their best performance of the season as they took City apart and ran out 4-1 winners. Doubles from William Flood and Hadzi gave Derby an impressive win and a tie against Oldham in round five.

well i will see what a mess my team are in then after the assistant manager has had his way icon_frown.gif

but staying in the prem must be the best i could have hoped for

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

Due to things on the outside world of CM, I havn’t really been very active at all with Stevenage, had a couple of exams etc come up and coming up, so studying and getting qualifications comes first. Anyway, Stromberg was released and Paul Merson and Stanic put in charge.

Uefa Cup

In the 3rd Round we faced the greek giants PAOK, the first leg took place at Broadhall Way.

1st Leg : Stevenage 3 – 1 PAOK (Semler2, Houghton)

2nd Leg : PAOK 1 – 1 Stevenage (Agg 4-2) (Houghton)

Next up we face HJK of Finland with once again, the 1st leg being at Broadhall Way.

1st Leg : Stevenage 3 – 0 HJK (Smith, Juliusson2)

2nd Leg : HJK 0 – 1 (Agg 4-0) (Juliusson)

The lads then went to that very famous European City…..you got it….Hull!

1st Leg : Stevenage 0 – 3 Hull

Premiership

Here are our league results, more to come of course from the last session, their not in the correct order!

Arsenal 0 – 2 Stevenage

Partridge, Juliusson

Everton 0 – 1 Stevenage (Old Boro striker Magno had a very poor game)

Houghton

Man City 2 – 3 Stevenage

Houghton, Solstad, Semler

Stevenage 4 – 1 Aston Villa (Just before this game, Villa had offered Rommedahl the job as manager, he took it and made my very happy).

Barber, Semler, Read, Partridge

Stevenage 2 – 0 Chelski

Houghton, Barber

Stevenage 1 – 0 Hull

Houghton

Stevenage 1 – 0 Middlesbrough

Juliusson

Stevenage 1 – 0 Newcastle

Houghton

Stevenage 3 – 0 Spurs

Barber2, Houghton

Torquay 0 – 3 Stevenage (Rob’s former team gets a deserved spanking)

Houghton, Juliusson2

WBA 0 – 0 Stevenage

Summary

Well it seemed to have gone very well in the league, our defensive record is absolutely brilliant compared to previous seasons, we have kept lots of clean sheets, lost count on how many actually.

We’re keeping the pressure on some very big teams and even beat them too which was absolutely fantastic, both Spurs and Newcastle, both been coming in the top 4 in the last couple of seasons and have very strong squads, as have Hull too.

Uefa Cup, well our team appears to have a few reserves in, but I’m not too bothered about that, we’ve already won it before and my aim is still to get into the top 6 and if possible, Champions League football.

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

The Stevenage Journal : The Season Comes To An End!

The manager still absent, Merson still gambling! No, with different squad players I mean. Well, I took over for a couple of games near the end. Lets see how the season ended, was it a high or a low? Read on to find out……..

Uefa Cup

Well, the lads took a beating in the first leg, could they do justice in the second leg?

2nd leg Hull 0 – 1 Stevenage

Hidalgo.

Looking at the stats of the game, it should have been a rout and taken them back in it, but it wasn’t to be, I’m sure Merson has learned well from this European experience and once again we’ve come to the final few stages of the Uefa Cup, consistency is certainly there.

Premiership

Once again, their in no particular order apart from the last game cos I was in charge for it and I know who against! Well, here goes,

Norwich 0 – 0 Stevenage

The Canaries have a very strong team, a top 3 finish last season showed that too, we didn’t get beat.

Stevenage 2 – 2 Derby (A last minute goal nets Rams the draw!, a much needed point for them!)

Juliusson, Houghton

Birmingham 2 – 1 Stevenage (Our 2nd defeat of the season and it never should have happened, 90mins of pure possession, the shots rained in at the Brum goal, but then, Brum made their first 2 shots on goal and scored funnily enough, what a brilliant game eh!)

Barber

Blacburn 1 – 1 Stevenage

Houghton

QPR 2 – 2 Stevenage (We have to play in a style that lets the opponent have no shots, cos any shots on target go automatically in).

Houghton2

Stevenage 2 – 0 West Ham Rouchie’s assistant is still in charge while the managers on holiday, the Hammers miss Rouchie big time, a poor season and a very poor game for them too.

McDonald, Semler

Stevenage 4 = 0 Preston Pete just missed out as he was also still on Holiday, they needed the manager on this occasion, an early tactical change by myself saw Barber go crazy in a 15minute goal frenzy!

Barber 4

After use drawing our second from last game against QPR, this meant that Man Utd only needed a point to win the Premiership, they got three! So congrats to Daz on taking Man Utd to the title, it could have been a show down at Broadhall Way, last game of the season………

Stevenage 3 – 0 Man Utd Daz just won the Prem and came to end the season in style, well, I had the same aim and United needed a lesson, they got it! A thrashing for United with even a late goal disallowed for the Boro, our best season in the Prem ended on an absolute high.

Barber, Partridge, Juliusson

Summary

So the season finishes with us thrashing Man Utd, best way to round up our most successful season in the Premiership. We have gained our highest finishing position of 3rd place and qualify for the Champions League!

My aim of breaking into the Top 6 has been met and I am very happy with it, the board only wanted mid-table though!

Well, lets talk about the stats and figures for our season, we end with having the best defensive record across the board, we only conceded 21 goals all season with only suffering 2 defeats, to add to that achievement, we made a massive total of 22 clean sheets! I am absolutely thrilled at that considering that defence has normally been a weak point but Solstad has come in and bossed around brilliantly.

Barber and Houghton have done absolute wonders for us, Houghton is scoring shed loads for a 16 year old youth striker and Barber, well just absolutely amazing, bargain of the season.

So very happy with the season, especially as Stevenage are the only team in the league not to have lost a home league game! Just needed some other results to go our way really.

A long summer ahead, some of the older or unused big earners are now leaving the club too so the wage structure should hopefully start to even out, especially as we need a good player for our champions league campaign.

rouchie2-sig-3.jpg Well, after missing a whole season in a little over two weeks (how fast were you guys playing!) I am back refreshed and ready to rumble again. icon_cool.gif Hopefully will be ok for tonite, not sure yet due to post holiday duties etc! icon13.gif Will give it my best shot though! icon_biggrin.gif

edan_clan_pic_2.jpg

league cup semi final

hull-peterborough 2-1

hull diserved the win ,as they were better

goals

menapi 67 hull:elliot 40,riise pen 82

peterborough-hull

didnt have to much chances here and in the end they scored to secure the place in the final

alexander was sent off in the 80th minute and had 2 injures:menapi ,ze mario

league

peterborough-sunderland 0-0

a very boring game ,no chances to both teams

barnsley-peterborough 4-1

well barnsley deserved to win ,they were better the score is lying as it was much closer game

goals

menapi 1 barnsley:rondon 8,brown 45,fallon 51,karagounis 54

peterborough-coventry 3-0

i was alot better ,had good chances and put 3 of them in the net

goals

menapi 5,74 stott 53

cheltanham-peterborough 1-1

we had the better chances but couldn't score more then 1 goal and we were disappointed with loosing 2 points.

goals

menapi 27 cheltnham:lee 68

crystalpalace-peterborough 1-2

we played a good game and won by a 90th minute penalty, we deserved to win this match as we were better.

goals

parkin 66,stott pen90 palace:guy 55

peterborough-watford 0-1

we lost this game even though we were alot better ,they shot only once and it went in .

goals

watford: helguson 6

peterborough-darlington 1-0

we are in good form ,playing very good game but scored only one and that was enough for 3 points

goals

mCcann 30

crewe-peterborough 0-0

another game where we were better but agian just couldnt score.

southampton-peterborough 0-3

after a few games where i was better but couldnt score more than a goal ,this game was another great game but this time we scored 3 times.

goals

menapi 14 ,bridge og 16 ,riley 20

peterborough-bristol city 2-0

another great game this time we score twice and thats enough to secure the 3 points.

goals

menapi 45,70

nottm forrest-peterborough 1-3

another great game ,after beating them i passed them in the table and took 6th place ...we will meet agian later icon_biggrin.gif

goals

correia 37,70 marshell 56 forrest: reid 51

peterborough-brentford 1-1

played very good until piroja was sent off in the 41st minute. then i was lucky to get a draw as brentfords blackman miss a penalty in the 43 minute.

goals

menapi pen 11 brentford:blackman 62

sheff wed-peterborough 0-0

a disappointing game where we missed too much

peterborough-halifax 1-0

another game where we were all over them but couldnt score until the 90th minute when parkin scored the winning goal .

goals

parkin 90

peterborough-burnley 0-0

we hit the post in the 90th minute but to be fair each team diserved 1 point .

liverpool-peterborough-0-2

we were all over liverpool and should have won 5-0 but we were lucky as both the goals were scored in the 90th minute.

goals

correia 90, menapi 90

brighton-peterborough 2-0

after a long time ,we played a bad game and brighton deserved the win .

goals

brighton: knight 28 , reisinger 82

peterborough-milwall 1-0

shot 11 shoots ,but only 2 were on target and 1 went in ,it was enough to get the 3 points .

after this game we were 5th but still didnt secure the playoff place with 1 more game to go

goals

menapi 81

cardiff-peterborough 2-0

the game started off great and we got a penalty on the 8th minute but menapi missed his first ever penalty in the most importent game (pressure???),then we were all over them but they scored twice .we droped to 6th place but were lucky to stay in the playoffs as coventry also lost the last game .

we are in the playoffs! icon_cool.gif

playoffs semi-final

peterborough-fulham 1-2

it was an equal game ,but they scored twice away and it was looking very bad .

goals

menapi 55 fulham:chun soo 48,powel 77

fulham-peterborough 1-2

this game was the exact duplicate of the last game but this time my hand was on the top and then i manged to win on penalties,with cartwright saving 3 penalties ,he was great in this game .

goals

ryan 3,parkin 11 fulham: soo 35

penalties :

menapi missed fulham:marshell missed(saved)

parkin missed park scored

stott scored soo missed (saved)

marshell scored bagelund missed(saved)

correia scored

playoffs final

peterborough-nottm forrest {n} 3-0

they started off better but we scored first ,then after i made tactical changes we scored 2 more and we are in the premier league

goals

menapi 43

pugh 87,90

we were promoted to the premier league!

that was a great finsih for a good season .

where we got to the semi -final of the league cup and won the promotion from the play-offs postion. icon_biggrin.gif

Did Rob get the sack from Torquay? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he resigned, went to Wimbledon who were 20mill in debt and is now at Bradford.......you'll see all the details in the Zeitung which gets posted after weekend on Tuesday

efb.JPG?

*** EFB Zeitung ***

Welcome once again Readers! We present you another edition of the best clan season update available in the world today! Another successful season has been completed in EFB and your going to be able to read all about!

So read on, it’s certainly worth it…..

Community Shield

The curtain raiser of English football season, the first piece of silverware up for grabs and even better, its for Charity! Well, this season’s encounter saw the heavy weights West Ham managed by Paul take on newly promoted and first division champions Preston, managed by Pete.

Entertainment is the aim of the game, it certainly was produced in this game, if you love goals then this match was for you, a cracking game and there could only be one winner.

Late Hammers Goal Denies Goal King Arthur Victory For Preston

Preston 2 : 3 West Ham

League Cup

It was an all Premiership affair in the league cup final with a battle of a top end league side against a bottom end league side, so this year its QPR who take on Hull, both teams formerly managed by EFB managers, many years ago now.

Once again, another final at Wembley that doesn’t disappoint the crowd with plenty of goals on display.

Extra Time Winner See’s Hull Lift Trophy

QPR 2 : 3 Hull

FA Cup

From a all Premiership final to an all Division 1 tie! This season final will see two of the divisions best teams battle it out for a place in the Uefa Cup. It’s Sunderland who take on the mighty Wolves.

Sunderland Cruise To Cup Victory

Wolves 0 : 2 Sunderland

Vans Trophy

The conference champions Telford United got into the final of the vans trophy, standing in their way was Aldershot.

Telford Miss Out On A Double!

Telford 0 : 1 Aldershot

FA Trophy

This season final would see Hereford take on the mighty Tranmere, both teams are very well equipped and it showed with a close game.

Tight Game See’s Rovers On Top

Hereford 0 : 1 Tranmere

FA Barclaycard Premiership

This Seasons Premiership Winners Are.............Man Utd

Red Devil Daz Brings Title To The Theatre Of Dreams!!

It was a very close battle in the Premiership this season but eventually, it was Daz who made the best of his chances and led his Old Trafford boys to the Premiership title, United hadn’t won the title in years.

The United board were said to be absolutely delighted to have finally won the title after missing out for so many years, there’s a big hope now that they can finally emulate their champions league success of many years ago.

Fans were said to be thrilled that the Premiership crown had finally come back into the Old Trafford Cabinet and hope it will stay there for many seasons to come.

Golden Boro Book Champions League Footie In Club Record Breaking Season

Every season they had improved and broken new records, this season saw Gold once again complete his personal aims which was to break into the Top 6.

They did it in style and where even within a shout for the title! Boro have had an unbelievable season in which they suffered no home defeats and only 2 defeats all season.

The Boro board and fans were absolutely ecstatic with how their team have done this season and were full of praise of Gold’s management after hearing rumours that he was leaving, their expectations were surpassed once more.

Hammers On Vacation With Manager

Well it certainly seems like that the West Ham squad went on holiday with Paul, leaving his assistant in charge the team very much struggled and needed that really important team speech from the main man.

Not much can be said about Paul’s performance as he was on holiday for most of the season, but there is no doubt that the West Ham manager is going to go out all guns blazing next season to put things back into place.

Relegation Favourites Celebrate In The North End

They have done it! Preston were tipped to go straight back down to Division 1 at the start of the season but they have done a magnificent job in staying in the Premiership, and they did it in style.

Preston manager Pete was absolutely delighted and the team survived in style, they held their own throughout the season and just missed out on a top 10 finish.

The Preston board were delighted that the team stayed in the Premiership and they also enjoyed some European football with beating some tough competition in the Uefa Cup.

They’ll be looking to build on their successful campaign and achieve even great things next season. To also note, Pete was absent for most of the season too as he went on holiday but his number 2 did the job he was asked to do.

Rams Delighted To Be Back In The Premiership

Derby County returned to the Premiership after being many years away from the top flight, they’ve returned with former Hull City manager Andy Hepburn.

It really has been a game of two halfs for the Rams this season, the first part of the season they struggled a lot, they found out how hard the Premiership really is when they struggled to score a goal. Finally though, the manager turned things around and the goals started flying to give the team a much needed boost.

Threatened by relegation at one point, the Rams eased away from that threat and eventually settled for a place just outside the top ten, once again, a place behind Preston!

Nationwide Division One

Going To The Premiership and Champions Of Division One are......Sunderland

Runners Up and joining them in the top flight are : Barnsley

Play Off Winner : Peterborough

Too Posh For Division One!

Edan was re-united last season with his beloved Peterborough side, relegation was a threat at one stage back then! But now, they won’t look back at all.

Posh has been improving throughout the season and finally snapped up that last play off place, after some tough play off games they finally did it! They won at Wembley and joined the elite of the Premiership!

The Posh board and fans were absolutely delighted that they had made it into the Premiership, they were full of praise of Edan’s management and hope that he can continue to do a great job for their club.

The Round Up

Division Two Winners : Mansfield

Also Promoted : Wycombe

Via Play Off : Kettering

Rob White On Manager Merry Go Round!

After enjoying a good first season with the Gulls in the Premiership, season two turned sour for Torquay as they were finding themselves at the foot of the table, things were getting worse and worse for the manager, eventually the frustration got to him, Rob White, who took the Gulls from Division 2 all the way to the Premiership resigned as manager.

Having been rejected for some high profile jobs, he eventually took a fill in job as Wimbledon manager, who are in the 3rd Division, with debts of 20million, transfer activity was non-existent.

With the board also making his position insecure it was once more time for him to get out, so his second resignation of the season! His final choice went up a league where he has now taken over Bradford City who have had a poor season, a good squad and reasonable finances should see them do well under the guidance of their new manager.

Division Three Winners : Woking

Also Promoted : Plymouth, Barnet

Via Play Off : Grimsby

Conference Winners : Telford

Via Play Off : Tranmere

Champions League

Amazing, not just two English teams in the final again but it’s a repeat of last seasons final! Can Newcastle turn it around this time or will Spurs defend their crown?

Well, it was a very close game that eventually ended with a Postiga strike to gift Spurs the Cup once more, champions of Europe.

Spurs Still Kings Of Europe!

Newcastle 0 : 1 Tottenham

Uefa Cup

The English teams are out in force this season, another all English final which this time around see’s Norwich take on Man Utd managed by our very own Daz.

Red Devils Run Riot In Belgrade

Man Utd 5 : 0 Norwich

Super Cup

So it’s the Champions league winner who takes on the Uefa Cup winner, so that means its Spurs against Barcelona!

It was an extremely close game and amazingly, an English team won after a penalty shoot out!

Dominate Spurs Hold Nerves In Penalty Shoot Out

Tottenham 1 : 1 Barcelona

I hope you have all enjoyed reading the EFB Zeitung once more, it was a great season and it rounds up our 8th season, number 9 is rolling on….

Zeitung by Goldy

efb.JPG?

*** EFB Zeitung Extra Pages ***

Wanted to know more about the game? Thought you did, well here's some more screenshots! Some may even be put up on request, email any request.

So, lets, begin....

We got all the winners out the way, lets see who went the other way.

Premiership

Leaving The Premiership are Aston Villa, who have just recently appointed Stevenage right winger Dennis Rommedahl as their manager, joining them are QPR former managed by

Mark Brown, a retired EFB player. The third team to see the drop are Torquay, managed by Rob at the start of the season, they enjoyed 2 seasons in the Premiership.

Division 1

Relegated from the First Division are Southampton, they are currently managed by Sammer and still have James Beattie and Wayne Bridge in their team! Joining them is Darlington and also Sheffield Wednesday who's finances are absolutely brilliant for what is now a Second Division side.

Division 2

Joining The Third Division next season are Rotherham, York and two former conference sides in Yeovil and Farnborough. Bolton avoided relegation on goal difference!

Division 3

Leaving the Football League for life in the conference is Leyton Orient and Walsall.

Conference

Leaving the conference and joining the lower leagues are Halesowen and former football league sides Scunthorpe and Huddersfield.

Goal Kings, Assists & Ratings

Premiership

Leading Goal Scorer

Most Assists

Highest Average Ratings

Division 1

Leading Goal Scorer

Most Assists

Highest Average Ratings

Division 2

Leading Goal Scorer

Most Assists

Highest Average Ratings

Division 3

Leading Goal Scorer

Most Assists

Highest Average Ratings

Conference

Leading Goal Scorer

Most Assists

Highest Average Ratings

Liverpool Football Club Announcement

today Liverpool have announced they are replacing Simon Smith due to the poor showing in Division 1 last season,His replacement will be Rob Perry a unknown manager from cambridge currently living in washington dc.

Perry said<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Im happy to be here at the once big club and I will take them there again <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He went on to say his aim this season is to bring in new faces and cement them in divison 1 maybe even a cup run but nothing too crazy,The rebuilding of this club will take time so the supporters need to get behind the team and the manager and we'll do the best we can.

robpliverpool.jpg

Archived