Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

Monday Session

12 Sept 09 Sheff Wed (h)

A team that we aint played before so it could be a tricky game. We are just above Wednesday by scoring more goals so we need a win at this stage of the season to keep ahead of any team that are on our tails.

We have a crowd of 22,200 to see us try to get our win. With the first half being a tight affair it was down to Blinkhorn to open up the defence and slot the ball past the on coming keeper.1-0 to us at the break.

With a break down the right from Laurie from defence to attack, he got a deep cross in from the by line to put an inch perfect pass onto the head of Yahiaoui.

We nearly throw away the game as we do let in Sheff Wednesday with 2 goals to make the match a bit of a twitchy bums on seats syndrome, but with poor defending on the visitors part and total attacking from us we do get the winning goal from our midfielder Gibbons.

This win puts us up a few places and we are in 4th at the moment, more that what I could have wished for.

End Result… PNE..win 3-2

Scorers Blinkhorn 43rd, Yahiaoui 59th, Gibbons 62nd.

MoM Yahiaoui…PNE 8/10

So we are in a cup game next lets go and see how we go and get on

League cup 2nd rd

22 Sept 09 Darlington (h)

A team where we seem to do ok against and we are hoping to carry that on. We welcome back Arthur who was missing from the last game due to a slight leg strain. But through the game we find out he aint back to full fitness as we lose him during the game to yet another leg pull. Before he goes of to the treatment room he does get a goal after 37 minutes to send the small crowd into song.

With us in the driving seat and trying to find that little break that would open up their defence we send on Fuller. With a turn of pace and a fast turn he loses his marker only to see his shot hit the bar.

A corner late in the game to us sees Shaw come up from defence and get his head to the ball to make it 2-0 and game over. We are into the next rd.

End Result… PNE..win 2-0

Scorers Arthur 37th, Shaw 90th.

MoM Laurie…PNE 8/10

26 Sept 09 Notts Forest (a)

Now this could be a testing game as they were unlucky not to get 3points on their last outing.

With a bit of poor defending we end up going away with no points and a big drop in the league to 10th spot. I just don’t know where it went wrong as we seemed to be the better team with more shots at goal.( at one point I thought we were the home team ) so with that I will close this poor game to a close and get the players in for extra training and take away their playing cards for the bus trip home!

End Result… Defeat 2-0

MoM Ward…Notts Forest 8/10

More to follow…

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevenage.jpg

Planet Stevenage : A Summer Clear Out For A New Beginning

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro, the new season is upon us now and the exit door was opened, a clear out of under performed and unrequired players would be seen to leave the club to free up wages and spaces for a team that is not just small but has a small budget too!

So who came and who left the mighty Boro? all is revealed.....

There were plenty of untalented youths that came in and went straight back out, we've only kept about 5 youths now in the last two/three years, mainly strikers who have got superb pace and look like they could something special in the future.

Also leaving us were :

Leigertwood - Liverpool - 1.4million

Aliadiere - Boardeux - 375k

Queudrue - Coventry - 100k

Notman - Livingston - Free

Poole - Preston - Free

Huckerby - Torquay - Free

Well Leigertwood just had to go, we're only making a small profit on him but it should certainly stop some major defensive headaches as he just made too many mistakes. Aliadiere was just out performed by the other arrivals and moves back to his homeland. Moving north to the midlands is Queudrue the left back, he had some chances and he did alright but it was just time to clear him off the wage budget to free up some space.

Also joining them on the exit door on our summer clear out is, Notman who joins Livingston for free, Poole leaves on a free and signed up with Pete's Preston and Huckerby left to go flying with Torquay

Arriving at Broadhall Way :

Ferguson - Arsenal - Free

Kenton - Southampton - Free

Martinelli - Parma - Free (16yr old Striker)

Partridge - Hull - 900k

Solstad - Valerenga - 450k

Well we also had some action too as the season has begun, so lets get right to it.....

Premiership

Visiting Romans Penthouse : Chelski

Well its the opening game of the season and we are away to play the millionaires club, a game which we totally dominated and should have scored easily 5 goals ended up a typical reversal that we have seen many times for us in the last three seasons, so few shots chelsea take the points with the positives that we did score with a debutant, Partridge, getting a goal. Final Score : Chelsea 3 - 2 Stevenage Semler, Partridge

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Everton

Despite controlling the game with ease, it almost happened again that we would get completely robbed! Where's is Urs Meier when you need him eh! Well it took a super sub to come on and get the first goal in colombian wantaway striker Hidalgo, his effort was followed up by last seasons very impressive signing of Vieirinha, the Portugese smashed the ball into the back of the net to round things off. Final Score : Stevenage 2 - 0 Everton Hidalgo, Vieirinha

Visiting The Hawthornes : WBA

Well this was a game and a half, consistently hammering shots directly at the west brom goal didnt seem to produce nothing at all, nothing familiar there, but thankfully the game didnt turn on us and let the baggies snatch a win, they have got talent but certainly went into hiding for this game, a win should have happened without question, a clean sheet is thankfully what we did walk away with. Final Score : WBA 0 - 0 Stevenage

Super Cup

Visiting Europe: Newcastle Final

I missed this game and therefore of course my assistant had to play it, unfortunately as assistants do when you have not set instructions cos of disconnecting is that he plays mr crap reserve! So despite constant attacking from Newcastle (which i saw on the match report) the lads did well to keep the Magpies out and took them to penalties where it was new signing Barry Ferguson who missed the vital penalty to let Newcastle retain their crown! Final Score : Newcastle p 0 - 0 Stevenage

Visiting Broadhall Way is: Norwich

Wayne's assistant came to town and it was time to pay revenge for last season's defeat, it was a game where we dominated the first half and got our two deserved goals, the canaries came flying back in the second half and got a goal but apart from that our defence stayed very solid and showed their class with Solstadt being everywhere to just keep them out! Final Score : Stevenage 2 - 1 Norwich

Not the best start to the season, but not the worst ever start either. Hopefully we can build from this and start getting some deserved wins under our belt. A few tactic changes ahead I think too, need to get them to start scoring some goals again.

Follow this space, there's more to come from the Uefa Cup champions icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Unlike the pish you produce day in day out!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say i'm trying to match you but not even I can be that bad icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Unlike the pish you produce day in day out!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say i'm trying to match you but not even I can be that bad icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

My reports > Your reports icon_razz.gif

rouchie-sig-2.jpg

Champions Again!! This season its Europe - 09/10

We enter September after the disastrous 1-0 defeat against West Brom, and an enforced 2 week break due to internationals.

Sat, 12.9.2009 -15:00 (A) Norwich - Premiership

A dreary day and a dreary game with all the action in the last two minutes of the first half as Samba opens the scoring and Blasi equalises. Blasi lit up the dull second half with his dismissal.

Result : Norwich 1 West Ham 1

Samba 41 Blasi 43

Att : 24123

Tue, 15.9.2009 - 19:45 (A) VfB Stuttgart - Champions League Grp D

Vfb opened the scoring in this extraordinary champions league tie in Stuttgart, but Etherington grabbed 2 and Arteta one before Kuranyi netted his second before the break. Arteta secured his hatrick in the second half with a further 2 goals and Simonetta and Thompson grabbed one each as West Ham humiliated their German opponents. Just the tonic after the recent struggles in the premiership icon_biggrin.gif

Result : Vfb Stuttgart 2 West Ham 7

Kuranyi 4 , 38 Etherington 25, 34

Arteta 31, 60, 83

Simonetta 46

Thompson 80

Att : 38687

Sat, 19.9.2009 - 15:00 (H) Coventry - Premiership

West Ham were looking to replicate their outstanding form shown in the midweek Champions League clash. They did not disappoint the hammers faithful as a rampant West Ham scored at will against the hapless Coventry.Oskarsson and Kristjansson both netted a brace, with Ambrose, Simonetta and Thompson all getting on the score sheet too. icon_cool.gif

Result : West Ham 7 Coventry 0

Oskarsson 7, 45

Kristjansson 12, 41

Ambrose 16

Thompson 64

Simonetta 71

Att : 21912

Sat, 26.9.2009 - 15:00 (A) Torquay - Premiership

Newly promoted Torquay managed by Rob White played host to the Hammers next, the travelling hammers fans saw a brace from Simonetta give the Irons the advantage at the break, Torquay pulled one back from Harrison, Oskarsson cancelled that out with his own effort before Harrison grabbed his second to put the pressure on! Kristjansson re-established a 2 goal cushion that proved to be the decider. icon_wink.gif

Result : Torquay 2 West Ham 4

Harrison 51, 56 Simonetta 34, 45

Oskarsson 52

Kristjansson 59

Att : 5851

Wed, 30.9.2009 - 19:45 (H) Feyenoord - Champions League Grp D

Another mid week European night under the lights at the Boleyn and the hammers continue their exhilarating form! Arteta puts the Hammers in front only for a disastrous own goal for the usually reliable Huth to leave the teams level at the break. Simoneetta reassured the West Ham Faithful that they were in control, then Kristjansson further extended the league before Arteta scored his second and West Hams 4th which sealed the game icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 4 Feyenoord 1

Arteta 17, 77

Simonetta 52

Kristjansson 61

Att : 19232

West Ham finish the month top of the Domestic and European leagues and Oskarsson wins the Player of the Month award icon14.gif

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

Thursday Session

30 Sept 09 Fulham (a)

So after our blip in our last game can we get a result?

We start of brightly and take a lead after 9 minutes and keep control of the match for most of the first half. We soon fall back to deep in our half as we try to see out the game to ½ time, as we do this we let in a goal.

We try to stem the one way traffic but it seems that we are fighting an up hill battle as we go behind to 2 very quick goals and end up going home for the second time to a defeat.

End Result… Lose 3-1

Scorers Woodhouse 9th.

MoM Z Knight…Fulham 8/10

3 Oct 09 Millwall (h)

Can we get a result here at home? I bloody well hope so. We seem to be going through a little bad patch at the moment and we need to get a result under our belts soon otherwise the lads heads will go down soon.

We change the players around abit and the ones that have come in have tried to show me that they are the ones that should be in the team and not on the bench.

We attack well down the left flank and a very deep cross sees the ball at the feet of Murphy who chips the keeper to send us into a 1-0 lead. Not long after the break we make it 2-0 with a header from a corner. A good jump by Watson had seen him place the ball to the right of the keeper’s hand, and in the back of the net.

We do have some bad news about the game tonight is that are right back Laurie has broken his leg and will be out for 4 months

End Result… PNE…Win 2-0

Scorers Murphy 36th, Watson 50th,

MoM Arthur…PNE…8/10

10 Oct 09 Derby (a)

A game between the 2 human managers. Who will win the battle of wits? Will it be me or Andy’s Derby?

We are not given much chance by the bookies as Derby are top of the league and by watching them play they will not lose many games this season. We start abit nerves as Derby start to pill on the pressure from the off. We stem the flow of their attacks till ½ time. With 7-1 shots going in favour of the home team it was down to me to try and make it bit more of a game in the next half.

It was more of the same from Andy’s Derby and we seemed to be coping with the wide players pulling my defence apart ready for the attacking midfielders to fill the gap and try and place the ball in the net.

It was nearly a smash and grab from our Preston team as Fuller had found himself with a one on one with the keeper but had his shot saved and placed out for a corner in which we could not get anything from this.

All in all I think we have come away with a 1 point win but andy might have felt it would be 2 points lost.

End Result… Draw 0-0

Scorers none

MoM Price…PNE…8/10

17 Oct 09 Cheltenham (h)

We get of to a flyer as we welcome back Poole who has been out for a while with an injury and he puts us 1-0 up after 5mins into the game.

The lads seem to have got themselves into a rhythm and started to play with a bit of confidence of a team that knew they had the beating of a team that also was going through a bad patch.

We could not make anymore headway in the game as Cheltenham had shut up shop and decided to hit us on the break, we in that case done the same as we were winning we had nothing to lose by doing this. It did work in our favour as we got a second and final goal of the match to give us all 3pts.

End Result… PNE…Win 2-0

Scorers Poole 5th, Kroll 90th

MoM N Davies…PNE…9/10

More to follow…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

I would say i'm trying to match you but not even I can be that bad icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

My reports > Your reports icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My hosting > your Hosting :p

My management > your management icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif:p

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

My reports > Your reports icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My hosting > your Hosting :p

My management > your management icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif:p <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wake up Steve you were in the middle of a dream there son!!! icon_razz.gif

Oh and I was at an ambitious club unlike your pishy contented with top ten position club. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their showed their ambition......got rid of what was holding them back icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif hehe

They just needed some scapegoat to get them there so they can employ a proper manager icon_biggrin.gif

Pete, next one is on PPV....we'll let you know when we've finished this one icon_biggrin.gif

Another fantastic Banner Pete! Considering changing mine too!

Oh and I was at an ambitious club unlike your pishy contented with top ten position club. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their showed their ambition......got rid of what was holding them back icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif hehe

They just needed some scapegoat to get them there so they can employ a proper manager icon_biggrin.gif

Pete, next one is on PPV....we'll let you know when we've finished this one icon_biggrin.gif

Another fantastic Banner Pete! Considering changing mine too! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was treated very harshly by Hull City FC and they showed no ambition so I would have left them anyway. I am at a real football club in Derby and soon enough we will be playing your Stevenage mob and thrashing them. icon_cool.gif

Stevenage.jpg

Planet Stevenage :

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro,

Premiership

Visiting The Midlands : Coventry

Well this was certainly a must win type game, although its early days in the season, teams like Coventry who fight relegation must be beaten as its three vital points for us. Our early dominance got us the goal but it was a cliff hanger finish and the Sky Blues almost scored! Thankfully though, they didnt and we secure the vital points Final Score : Coventry 0 - 1 Stevenage Vieirinha

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Rob's Torquay

Well Rob's Gulls have finally made it to the Prem and they been very impressive so far against some big teams like Spurs, it was time for a new formation too, nicely tested out on Torquay with their defenders in no mans land (makes a change that mine wernt!). We shot the Gulls out the sky today with a complete rout infont of the home fans, a brilliant victory. Final Score : Stevenage 4 - 0 Torquay Hidalgo(2), Semler, Ashoikdi

Uefa Cup First Round

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Vaduz

An absolute terrible start! Within minutes we concede through to absolutely awful defending, it seems to have returned! But no! In amazement,the champions could not lose their opening game in their defence of the title, so we went all out attack and got very well rewarded for it by treating the home fans to another goal feast. Final Score : Stevenage 5 - 1 Vaduz Vieirinha, Partridge, Magno(2), Hidalgo

Premiership

Visiting The Tyne: Newcastle

Well this was the most even game we've had for a while and CM treated us very badly, despite match Newcastle in every department, lethal finishing was what it appears to come down to once again and my strikers just couldnt score in a brothel today, a loss to a big team! Final Score : Newcastle 3 - 1 Stevenage Hidalgo

League Cup Second Round

Visiting The Fish Mongers : Grimsby

Its Cup Day! Yes folks, the Stevenage Reserves get a run out once more, well they are reserves for a reason, cos their just not good enough and it showed today, the best of a bad bunch is the legend of Magno Silva-Viera who has somehow started scoring a few again, the season long rest seemed to have done the lad a lot of good. Final Score : Grimsby 3 - 1 Stevenage Magno

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is: Arsenal

Its time for a big team, well actually, a team that have been slowly slipping down the table and are challenging more for mid-table positions like ourselvs, they still got very many talented players though like Campbell, Henry and Viera at the club, but they were certainly no match for the Boro!! Yep, another rout for the home fans to enjoy! Arsenal did get a late consolation but it was in the 92nd minute and the game was as good as over anyway, we'd already gone to the pub to party! Final Score : Stevenage 4 - 1 Arsenal Hidalgo, Vieirinha, Lindqvist, Semler

Uefa Cup First Round

Second leg Agg : 1 - 5

Visiting Europe : Vaduz

It was a low key event in the return leg, the hosts seemed to know that they were never gonna score enough goals past us, they had a few efforts on goal but it was the constant attack at the other end that lead to a goal, quite bizarre one actually as it was our centre back who found himself out of no where, up front and finished it with the sweetest of touches.......strikers, take note!. Final Score : Vaduz 0 - 1 Agg :1 - 6Stevenage Solstad

Premiership

Visiting St.Andrews: Birminghaml

Well our last trip to the midlands gave us three points, we could certainly do with the same again here, Brum are again, one of those teams that are fighting in the lower part of the table and points against them is a must! Well the lads did not disappoint, our, all out attack tactic is making us a little short at the back and teams could counter......but with so many players upfront, we're currently relishing the rewards as the away fans get their money's worth with the Brum's net almost bursting! Last season's goal king for Stevenage was at his finest once more and bagged himself a brilliant hattrick. Final Score : Birmingham 0 - 4 Stevenage Higginbotham, Semler(3)

Well, we're scoring!!! I know, amazing, hopefully this trend does continue, the 4-1-5 formation might be very unusual tactic but its doing the job than any other has done so far, its keeping the fire power up front and despite only leaving 4 players to defend, which mainly becomes 2 or 3, we're holding out. Hopefully more of the same to come, it could certainly see us in a good final league position, hopefully an improvement from last season.

In the Uefa Cup, we of course progressed to the second round and will now face a team called FC Nordsjaelland, its certainly a winnable game but an opponent we shouldn't under estimage, after all, they had to beat someone to get to play us! A repeat of last season in this competition would go down a treat!

robs_clan_pic.jpg

Torquay's Survival Quest

Players In

Helder Barbosa - Skillfull and Pacey left Winger, a great prospect.

Johnathan Ashton - Strong, Fast and Sensible Centre Back

Scott Huckerby - Veteran winger, his knowledge will be valuable to Torquay staying up.

Advaldo - No Doubt Torquays 1st star studded player, also broke the Torquay Transfer Fee Paid Record.

Anthnoy Burgess - Beating off lots of interest for this promising Full Back

David Bell -Impressed me last season with his performances as Rushden worthy the 575k paid for the player, let alone some objections.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Tue, 14.7.2009 | 19:30 | H | Southampton | Friendly | | 5 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Mon, 20.7.2009 | 19:30 | A | Bristol Rovers | Friendly | | 3 : 0 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Thu, 23.7.2009 | 19:30 | A | Cwmbran | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| Mon, 27.7.2009 | 19:30 | A | Crystal Palace | Friendly | | 1 : 1 |

| Thu, 30.7.2009 | 19:30 | H | Bolton | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

</pre>

A good overall pre-season against all types of Opposition. Never lost a game and kept a few clean sheets. Overall a good warm-up to the 1st game of the season.

Start of the Premiership

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Sat, 15.8.2009 | 15:00 | H | Man City | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 19.8.2009 | 19:30 | A | Q.P.R. | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 22.8.2009 | 15:00 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 2.9.2009 | 19:30 | A | Wolves | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 12.9.2009 | 15:00 | H | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.9.2009 | 15:00 | A | Stevenage | Premier Division | | 0 : 4 |

| Tue, 22.9.2009 | 19:45 | H | Wycombe | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 26.9.2009 | 15:00 | H | West Ham | Premier Division | | 2 : 4 |

| Sat, 3.10.2009 | 15:00 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 17.10.2009 | 15:00 | H | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

</pre>

After a great first game of the season against Man City at home this was a great moral boost to the players, as they now knew they had the talent to survive their frist season in the premiership. More performances from the Gulls would no doubt secure a 2nd season in the Premiership.

The next 4 games werent going to be as tough as some other games but The Gulls still needed results, with draws against QPR and Liverpool, and convincing wins against Wolves & BLackburn, the surprise rise of Torquay lifted them to the top of the league, surely this could not last.

Torquay's next game was against the Gung Ho Team of Steve's Stevenage the attacking power of Stevenage proved too much for the 3 CB's too handle and with the lack of support from the full backs, and Stevenage's Hidalgo roaming around the pitch, it proved too much and The Gulls eventually lost 4-0 this was devastating for the players as the team were going so strong in previous matches.

After prgressing through the League Cup 2nd round against Wycombe, next was the great team of Rouchies West Ham, who were without the star Robinho, which was a great plau for The Gulls with one of the stars of thge premiership out gave more of a chance to The Gulls. Let alone no Robinho the attacking power of SImonetta, Kritsjansson and Oskarsson once again proved too much for the 3 CB's, as Torquays defence fell apart to a great attacking game from Rouchie. Still a plus was 2 goals from Ben Harrison who at 17 is scoring goal like no tomorrow and keeping Advaldo well out of the team.

The next two games were tough but The Gulls managed to salvage a draw away at White Hart Lane, and a priceless win against Aston Villa at little old plainmoor.

Stay Locked for more updates on Torquay's quest in the premiership.

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Monday Session

24 Oct 09 Bristol City (a)

We have only played the City once before but that was season 04 and then we lost 6-0. We are just above City in the league by 1 point so I think it might be a close game tonight.

So the magic of Roy Keane was in the heart of the city midfield, could he still produce the goods on the pitch? From this game the answer would be no as our young midfield had kept him and his teammates under wrap.

The pace of Arthur had kept Bristol’s back 3 at sixes and seven’s and were in turmoil at what to do with him. He made them pay with the only goals of the game and give us the points to keep us in the top 6

End Result… PNE..Win 2-0

Scorers Arthur 17th, 52nd.

MoM Arthur…PNE 10/10

League Cup 3rd Rd

28 Oct 09 Doncaster (h)

A game where we are supposed to win and a team that is in a division below us and fighting to stay in there. Next round here we come I think.

We get off to a good start and are unlucky not to go in with a lead at 1/2 time.

We do come a cropper in the second half when we give away a stupid free kick out side the box. A well-worked free kick see the ball go into the net and we are 1-0 down. We do try to fight back but some how the players have not got that fight to get us back into the game.

We go out again in a cup that we should have done better at.

End Result… PNE..Lose 1-0

Scorers none

MoM Butcher ..Doncaster 9/10

31 Oct 09 Barnsley (h)

Could my players get over the shock defeat? I will need to change a few players as the last game has seen a few of them with poor fitness levels on the day of the match. (The ins and outs of being a manager)

Well it seemed to work a treat. We had the game sown up by the 25th minute as a hat trick by Blinkhorn had made the game safe and given Blinkhorn a run in the team from his performance today.

End Result… PNE..Win 3-0

Scorers Blinkhorn 14th,21st, 23rd

MoM Blinkhorn..PNE 10/10

Awards Time for October

Player of the Month Arthur (yet again)

Manager of the Month Me

4 Nov 09 Southampton (h)

A team that were on their way out of the division but going out through the trap door.

We had most of the game and had 12 shots to their 3 but we still lost the match. We gave away a penalty in the last few minutes of the game. It was a silly penalty as Shaw had given a slight push on their forward as the ball came over from the corner. We tried with all our might but we could not get up the field to break down the defence to get the goal to give us a share of the points.

End Result… PNE..Lose 1-0

Scorers none

MoM McDonald …Southampton 9/10

21 Nov 09 Crystal Palace (a)

Yet another team that was fighting for their lives in the basement of the league. The result and the way they got it seems that they won’t be down there for much longer. At the start of the match we were in 4th place in the league but at the end of the game we had dropped to 9th.

To give Palace their dew they had played us of the park today and we were lucky to only come away with the 3 goals against us and not any more. We found ourselves down 2-1 at half time, which could have been a lot more.

Near the end of the game we were 3-1 down, but the goal of the game came from Arthur who got his 10th of the season with a volley into the roof of the net from the left hand side of the 6-yard box.

End Result… PNE..Lose 3-2

Scorers Arthur 45th, 90th.

MoM LuaLua…Palace 9/10

These are worrying times for me at the moment as we have shown no fighting spirit in the camp at the last 2 defeats to clubs that are in the bottom 3 of the league, and also to a team that are in Division 2 relegation dog fight. We need to get it sorted and quick otherwise we could free fall down the league.

More to follow…

rouchie-sig-2.jpg

Here we are in October, West Ham in their now customary position at the top of the table and competing on all fronts! We will be covering both October and November as the Manager decided to take a holiday part way through the two months!

Sun, 04.10.2009 -15:00 (H) Newcastle - Premiership

The magpies got off to a typically quick start through Klose in the first minute, but Oskarsson and Arteta ensured it was the hammers that went in to the warmest reception in the dressing room at half time! Ball equalised for the Geordies after the restart but Oskarsson was hell bent on impressing the manager sufficiently to cement a regular first team place after being used on a rotation basis. He certainly made an impression though with two sweet goals to complete his hatrrick and secure the three points for the hammers. icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 4 Newcastle 2

Oskarsson 9, 67, 79 Klose 1

Arteta Ball 63

Att : 30427

Sat, 17.10.2009 -15:00 (A) Arsenal - Premiership

After a tough game against the magpies, it was mighty Arsenal next. Oskarsson continued his exploits and grabbed the opening and only goal of the first half. Simonetta joined the party in the second hald before Miccoli pulled one back by converting a dubious penalty. Oskarsson restored the two goal buffer as the Hammers again picked up the three points icon_wink.gif

Result : Arsenal 1 West Ham 3

Miccoli 68 Oskarsson 11, 7

Simonetta 52

Att : 59956

Wed, 21.10.2009 -15:00 (H) Genk - Champions League Grp D

A paltry turnout for the total demolition of Genk! 5 scores on the scoresheet, 9 goals and no response left Genk totally humiliated and with a long journey home to consider the margin and comprehend the nature of their defeat icon14.gif

Result : West Ham 9 Genk 0

Kristjansson 6, 50, 52

Thompson 9

Oskarsson 19, 42

Arteta 45, 81

Ricketts 46

Att : 18370

Wed, 28.10.2009 - 19:45 (A) Stoke - Carling Cup 3rd Rnd

With the manager on holiday, West Ham play in the Carling cup and West Ham play the potters and stroll to a comfortable 2-0 win courtesy of Arteta and Kristjansson icon_biggrin.gif

Result : Stoke 0 West Ham 2

Arteta 38

Kristjansson 88

Att : 24267

Sat, 31.10.2009 - 15:00 (H) Birmingham - Premiership

Paul Rouch’s continued absence has had an effect on the attacking flair of the team as a dull 0-0 is played out at the newly extended Upton Park. icon13.gif

Result : West Ham 0 Birmingham 0

Arteta 38

Kristjansson 88

Att : 23500

Tue, 3.11.2009 - 19:45 (A) Genk - Champions League Grp D

With the Manager still on Holiday another restrained performance saw an efficient 2-0 win against Genk with Oskarsson and Kristjansson netting either side of the break icon_biggrin.gif

Result : Genk 0 West Ham 2

Oskarsson 41

Kristjansson 48

Att : 20932

Wed, 11.11.2009 - 19:30 (A) Man City - Premiership

Another managerless night and another subdued performance with Citeh grabbing a first half lead, only for Kristjansson to net a brace to ensure the points travelled back to the Boleyn icon_wink.gif

Result : Man City 1 West Ham 2

Thomas 3 Kristjansson 62, 70

Att : 42607

Sat, 21.11.2009 - 15:00 (H) Q.P.R. - Premiership

Kristjansson again netted for the Hammers with an Arteta goal to secure 3 points for the Irons. The Manager will be back for the next game, and only a disappointing draw spoils another wise good efficient run icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 2 QPR 0

Arteta 22

Kristjansson 57

Att : 28930

Wed, 25.11.2009 - 19:45 (H) VfB Stuttgart - Champions League Grp D

Paul Rouch is back refreshed and ready for action, and Simonetta set the tone after only 2 minutes with a splendid goal! Arteta netted a brace and the game was all over bar the shouting at the break. Welcome back to the fold dear manager the team seemed to be saying! icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Vfb Stuttgart 0

Simonetta 2

Arteta 29, 43

Att : 20127

Sat, 28.11.2009 -15:00 (A) Liverpool - Premiership

With the Manager firmly back at the helm and Liverpool already wounded from a heavy defeat against Steve Golds Stevenage, this promised to be an exciting game! Oskarsson became West Hams all time goal scoring legend in this game with the most goals ever for the club, as the Hammers dismantled the red machine 8-1! Simonetta got two but Oskarsson grabbed an amazing double hatrick as the reds only managed a solitary goal from Diouf. rouchie is back! the crowd chanted icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

Result : Liverpool 1 West Ham 8

Simonetta (2) Oskarsson (6)

Diouf

Att : 39765

rouchie-sig-2.jpg

Despite being on Holiday for a few weeks, the hammers solitary draw in October and November, against a backdrop of victories meant that Paul Rouch won the manager of the month for November and West Hams in form Oskarsson grabbed the player of the month for October. icon_biggrin.gif

derby.jpg

Rams Review - The Beginning Of A New Era - A Winning Era

Pre season saw Hepburn bring a whole new football team almost. A few duds were offloaded and fresh new talent was brought in to try and take Derby back to the Premierhsip. Here is a rundown of the comings and goings within Derby FC in the transfer market...

Transfers In

Matthew Piper From Crystal Palace - £170k

Supat Rungratsamee From Portsmouth - £200k

Darren Campbell - From Millwall - £150k

Nigel Reo-Coker - From Everton - £85k

Richard Evans - From Sheffield Wednesday - £160k

William Flood - From Man City - £650k

Jon Harley - From Portsmouth - £1.5 million

Nicola Pozzi - From Leicester - £975k

Ryan Russell - From Bristol Rovers - £1.1 million

James Panyani - From TNS - £120k

During pre season it was Hepburn's job to try and get the team to gel ready for the new season. Here is a rundown of the league games so far....

The League Campaign

Notts Forest v Derby - (A) - 2-1

Well all Hepburn's pre season hard work proved worthwhile as in his first game of the new season they came away with a superb victory away at Notts Forest. A game where Carlo Nash showed Hepburn his credentials by saving Derby from a thrashing. It was all Notts Forest in the first half by Nash was up to the task. In the second half Derby started to get going and opened the scoring through Landon Donovan after fifty four minutes. He then made it 2-0 with another great goal. Gareth Williams scored a late consolation for Notts Forest but it wasn't enough. It was three points for the Rams!!!

Derby v Gravesend - (H) - 2-0

Derby's first home game of the new season was against high flying Gravesend who have came up through the divisions, but at the end of the game they were no match for Derby. A game dominated by Derby but they could not muster more than two goals. Goals from Malcolm Christie and Rungratsamee gave Derby the win.

Crewe v Derby - (A) - 0-0

A very boring game here with really nothing of note as Crewe defended like the Euro 2004 Champs Greece. They limited Derby to long shots none of which were anywhere near on target.

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday - (H) - 2-0

As per usual no matter who you are Sheffield Wednesday give you a great game. This was the same but again the same outcome - A Hepburn win against his old rivals. It was an even game but superior finishing gave Derby the win. William Flood scored his first ever goal for Derby to put them one up and then American Landon Donovan added a second with no reply from the visitors.

Fulham v Derby - (A) - 1-1

A game of few chances this one as Fulham got a man sent off early and defended resolutely for the rest of the game. Malcolm Christie put Derby one up via the penalty spot only for Fulham mid way through the second half scored a surprise equaliser to hold out for the draw.

Derby v Millwall - (H) - 2-2

For all Carlo Nash's good performances he blundered badly as Derby on this occasion dropped two points. A game Derby dominated by could not convert their dominance into more goals. Nigel Reo-Coker and Simon francis got the goals for Derby but Hepburn was not happy at his sides inability to defend and hold on to their lead.

Cheltenham v Derby - (A) - 2-0

A game when Derby got back to winning ways after a couple of draws. Again another really tight affair as Cheltenham defended very well throughout the game. They did limit Derby to two chances and Derby took them both. Lee Holmes scored after a superb run from the wing and Nicola Pozzi grabbed his first ever goal for Derby to make it 2-0 and three more points in the bag for the Rams!!!

Derby v Bristol City - (H) - 3-0

Prolly the best performance of the season so far from Hepburn's newly created Derby team. They showed a much better understading and playing to everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Marijin Mulders got Derby off to the perfect start with a goal after only one minute and this continued into the second half as Landon Donovan put Derby two up and an own goal gave Derby three points.

Derby v Southampton - (H) - 6-2

Well if I said the last game performance was by far the best of the season it was soon replaced by this performance. Derby looked a class above Southampton as they played with energy, enthusiasm and bags of skill. It was a rout as Derby created chance after chance and for once they were converting these chances. A superb hat trick from new boy Nicola Pozzi was a highlight as was a double from Landon Donovan it was just truely brillinat from Derby. Matthew Piper also grabbed his first goal for Derby to round off a sensational win.

Barnsley v Derby - (A) - 2-1

Derby seem to be a rich vein of form at the moment and long may this continue as again they were amazing. Full of class in all areas of the pitch. The scoreline suggested a close game but if it was not for terrible finishing on Derby's part the scoreline would have looked a lot healthier. A double from Landon Donovan was enough to give Derby another win and keep up their superb start to the season.

Derby v Preston - (H) - 0-0

Hepburn's first meeting against fellow promotion contenders Preston and it was memorable for one thing - Derby's inability to shoot on target. Hepburn was pulling his hair out and he watched endless chances being skied over the bar by his hapless team. Preston had few chances but they actually could have won the game at the death but Nash saved superbly. Very disappointing performance from Derby.

The League Cup Experience

Hepburn was hoping for a long cup run from his team especially in the League Cup but that was put to an end by Oxford although the game should have been over and done with in the first forty five minutes as Derby missed chance after chance. Eventually it went to penalties and as usual Hepburn's men went out with some pretty dreadful penalty taking.

More to Follow later....

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Tuesday Session

25 Nov 09 Peterborough (h)

The game of the 2 human managers. Me v Edan the team where we aint had the best of the times against. All the time we have played them we have lost. Lets hope it aint this time.

My luck was in as Edan was caught in traffic and could not make it to our ground. He had put in charge his number 2 and the tactic he decided to use was a 4-4-2 defensive much to my liking, as Edan likes to go on the attack more.

All in all it was a bit of a boring game as both teams cancelled each other out. It was down to a bit of magic from Arthur to get the only goal of the game

End Result… PNE...Win 1-0

Scorers Arthur 45th,

MoM N Davies..PNE 8/10

28 Nov 09 Cardiff (a)

I don’t believe it but we got away blue murder today. How we have come away with a point is beyond belief.

We went behind to a deflected goal early on into the game, and could not make any headway against their stubborn defence. We were very lucky that we got a break right on full time where a run from midfield saw Yahiaoui put the ball into the net.

But saying that we were over run might be a bit unfair to my team as we did have as many shots on goal as Cardiff. But still it was not a pretty sight out there today from my team

End Result… Draw..1-1

Scorers Yahiaoui 90th

MoM Yahiaoui..PNE 9/10

5 Dec 09 Rotherham (h)

Lets hope we have a better month this month than last month otherwise there will be no Santa this Xmas for the troops and I will turn out to be Scrooge to them.

We need to get a few wins under our belts as I can see the crowd and players starting to get a bit jittery and so are my nerves. The only problem with today’s game is that we are playing a team in the bottom 3 and we all know what happened last time we played teams in the bottom 3…yes we lost, please god let us win :-)

Well we go at them as if our lives depended on it and were very unlucky not to get a goal. poor finishing again from the strikers but as the game goes on we are pulled back into a fight and go behind to a goal after 30 minutes â€what is it with the teams in the bottom 3? They always seem to get a goal and put us under so much pressureâ€

We do get a goal, but it’s right on the stroke of full time yet again. The young Striker Arthur saves the day for us.

End Result… Draw..1-1

Scorers Arthur 90th

MoM Arthur..PNE 9/10

12 Dec 09 Brentford (a)

What a start we had here 1-0 up after just 60 seconds then we go and score another goal by Shaw, but this time its an og 1-1. We do get another goal on ½ time to go in to the dressing room 2-1 up and against a team in trouble at the bottom of the league.

Into the second half we let in a goal to make my nerves start to jangle. Well into the game and looking like the game will be a draw, we get 2 more goals in 5 mins to make the game safe for us and let us have some valuable points.

End Result… PNE...Win 4-2

Scorers Moran 1st, Kroll 45th, 84th, Arthur 79th.

MoM N Arthur..PNE 9/10

16 Dec 09 Charlton (h)

Lets see what a few days off from a competitive match does for my team? I keep the same team that had won in the last game and was delivered with the best result I could have wished for.

We had over 26 shots at goal and 18 of them on target to Charltons 1 shot at goal, and that on target aswell.

Before the match had started I had asked about a striker that was on the books of the young Stephen Gold’s team as if he would like to sell him only to be knocked back. He did say tho I could bring him to PNE on loan.

Talk must have filtered through to the changing rooms as my striker Moran had responded with a hat-trick. Also not only did he go home with the match ball, he also got a bottle of the best champers for being MoM.

The lads today had ripped apart the visitors and on this form we do not fear anyone. This win puts us up to 3rd but along way of top spot as Derby have given themselves a points cushion at the top and at this stage of the season look odds on for the Prem.

End Result… PNE...Win 4-0

Scorers Moran 5th, 4st, 49th, Arthur 23rd.

MoM N Moran..PNE 10/10

More to follow…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Andy H:

During pre season it was Hepburn's job to try and get the team to gel ready for the new season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy Hepburn. Specialist subject - Stating the bleeding obvious icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Andy H:

During pre season it was Hepburn's job to try and get the team to gel ready for the new season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy Hepburn. Specialist subject - Stating the bleeding obvious icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers rouchie for your kind words as usual. Suppose my team gelled better than West Ham did last season eh. I didn't see who West Ham had on the first day of the new Premiership season? I am sure they were there but stating the obvious as usual they're in Division One still. icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

Planet Stevenage :

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro, forgot to write something last time icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, I’ve decided that the best way to play this game now is to attack, nothing else but attack, I mean, if we cant score by going all out attack then we’re never gonna score! Anyway, lets see how it went in the past couple of sessions…..

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Man City

The side formerly managed by Man Utd’s Daz comes to town, they have certainly been getting worse since he left and its one of these teams that I’d very much need to beat to get our aim. Well everything went to plan and the Colombian want-away striker Hidalgo has put his scoring boots on and joined Portuguese striker Vieirinha on putting their name on score sheet to leave Citeh empty handed. Final Score : Stevenage 2 - 0 Man City Hidalgo, Vieirinha

Uefa Cup 2nd Round

Visiting Europe : Nordsjaelland

Well for some reason star striker Semler is not available for our European games, so we will have to do with the club legend Magno Silva-Viera, well despite having over twenty shots and complete domination over our opponents, they somehow, with one shot in the whole game, got a draw. So we take an away goal with us but it should have been at least five. Final Score : Nordsjaelland 1 - 1 Stevenage Magno

Premiership

Visiting Loftus Road : QPR

Well it was a repeat of our last game, despite a thunderstorm of shots at the opponents goal the shots just wouldn’t go in at all! So it was sub and returnee from injury Steve Jackson who scored our goal for us but it really should have been more, instead, we drop three points to a team that were more than lucky to get anything. Final Score : QPR 2 - 1 Stevenage Jackson

[Visiting Broadhall Way is: Liverpool

It was a start of a new session, a small bit of tactic tweaking was done to try and get over some problems, mainly the disappointments of the last game. Well Pool had come back to the Premiership and they still posses a lot of talent But it seemed they were all a bit too old and lazy as we ran completely riot with Solstad once more being involved in the scoring action aswell as the Colombian sensation Hidalgo who scored an awesome free kick. Final Score : Stevenage 4 - 0 Liverpool Solstad, Hidalgo(2), Semler

Uefa Cup 2nd Round

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Nordsjaelland Second Leg

Its time to try and show exactly why we are the champions, after a poor first leg we once more completely ran riot in this game too, Hidalgo was on top form with hitting some excellent free kicks, his effort was followed up by a great team effort with even Tiffert scoring within seconds of coming from the bench! A sensational game in which we showed champions are made of! Final Score : Stevenage 5 - 1 Nordsjaelland Hidalgo(2), Rommedahl, Tiffert, Partridge

Premiership

Visiting Molineux: Wolves

This game seems like a total thriller but let me tell you that it wasn’t! They scored from their only shots on target, as the match engine does for the AI, we had our usual dominance and bucket full of shots and thankfully we held out for our well deserved win, anything less would have been very disappointing! Final Score : Wolves 3 - 4 Stevenage Vieirinha, Jackson(2), Ashiakodi

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Blackburn

With our new and improved stadium, the home fans got to see a sizzling performance by the Boro, true dominance came on top and it should have been even more! Well Partridge was hot on form with some fantastic dribbling and crosses but the goal of the game came from Robinson who smashed a great shot into the top corner from just outside the area! Final Score : Stevenage 3 - 0 Blackburn Semler, Partridge, Robinson

Well our good form of late means that we go into an excellent second place in the league behind the all star, all shooting, multi million Hammers! We got some very tough games coming up in the next couple of sessions and hopefully we wont get too many defeats in that time although one is guaranteed against you know who!

Anyway, the third round of the Uefa cup was drawn and we will face a very tough opponent in Spanish side Celta Vigo! Its going to be a tough game but we are the champions and hopefully we can progress.

Our stadium also had its work completed! The stadium expansion took 5months to complete and has added 6944 seats to our current capacity, meaning we now have a more reasonable 19645 seater stadium, very much needed and hopefully will see further expansions too!

We also got some signings coming up too, they are mainly youngsters who certainly look like having a bright future, so lets see who they are……

Gael Clichy – Arsenal – 500k = A fantastic left back who will eventually replace Higginbotham, previous attempts for his signature were made but unsuccessful, he’s coming on a bargain price now though.

Eugene Kopyl – Dinamo Kiev – 40k – A very promising young goal keeper who will in years to come replace Robinson in goal.

Mark Barber – Everton -1.2M – Wayne Rooney 2? Well he certainly looks the part, he’s put some great displays in for Everton already and the money is actually a compensation payment.

Chris Worthington – WBA – 1M – We beat Edan’s Posh side to his signature, the young central midfielder will replace the aging stars we have and certainly looks a very good all round player.

Liam Griffin – Walsall – 230k – He’s coming in on a min release clause and what should be a bargain too, the right back should eventually fill in the boots of both Thomas and Kenton.

rouchie2-sig-2.jpg

Decembers instalment :-

Wed, 2.12.2009 - 19:45 (H) Tottenham - Carling Cup 4th Rnd

It was the West Ham reject, Kanoute that opened the scoring against his former club, but the plaudits of the day went to Robinho as he showed the form we all know he is capable of, after his lengthy lay off, he grabbed a hat trick. And Arteta a brace as Postiga could only manage a consolation goal for the yids. icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 5 Spurs 2

Robinho 20, 62, 86 Kanoute 9

Arteta 25, 90 Postiga 80

Att : 27314

Tue, 8.12.2009 - 19:45 (A) Feyenoord - Champions League Grp D

Oskarsson scored the opening goal in this Champions League encounter, although the Hammers were already through they were looking to maintain their 100% record. Oskarsson opened the scoring, and Kristjansson added one in the second half which was enough to see the Hammers through with their 100% record intact icon_cool.gif

Result : Feyenoord 0 West Ham 2

Oskarsson 32

Kristjansson 62

Att : 44329

Sat, 12.12.2009 - 15:00 (H) Wolves - Premiership

Osakarsson scored the vital goals in a game where the domination did not convert into goals. Just before the whistle in both halves was enough to send the Upton Park faithful home happy and still at the top of the league icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 2 Wolves 0

Oskarsson 45, 90

Att : 21598

Wed, 16.12.2009 – 19:45 (H) Hull - Carling Cup Qtr Final

The Irons ensure progress through to the semis with a late show, Robinho providing the equaliser to Elliotts opener, and then Kristjansson and Oskarsson putting the Hammers two goals clear, only for Elliott to pull one back to ensure a very nervy finish, but West Ham hold on! icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Hull 2

Robinho 86 Elliott 30, 112

Kristjansson 107

Oskarsson 110

Att : 18293

Sat, 19.12.2009 - 15:00 (A) Blackburn - Premiership

The Hammers continue their tough at the top tour by subduing a feisty Blackburn performance with goals from Thompson in the first half, and the usual suspects, Oskarsson and Robinho after the interval. A very comfortable 3-0 win in the end icon_cool.gif

Result : Blackburn 0 West Ham 3

Thompson 8

Robinho 48

Oskarsson 56

Att : 27983

Wed, 23.12.2009 -19:30 (H) Stevenage - Premiership

Steve Gold has guided Stevenage into second spot in the premier league, 6pts behind the Hammers. A win for the ‘boro would put the 1st place firmly in Steve ‘s sights, a loss would see the Hammers galloping off in to the distance 9 pts clear, a real 6 pointer this then! Pressure on for both managers! Oskarsson opened the scoring in super quick time with less than a minute on the clock! Then with only 13 minutes passed Oskarsson grabbed another, but Hidlago pulled one back with a well worked set piece from a corner just before the break. Nicely poised for the second half! A tight second half with Stevenage taking a lot of the possession and initiative as the Hammers sat back on their lead, but the Boro could not penetrate, and Robinho added insult to injury with a 90th minute goal to give the scoresheet an undeserved coat of gloss! icon_cool.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Stevenage 1

Oskarsson 1, 13 Hidalgo 45

Robinho 90

Att : 20001

Sat, 26.12.2009 -15:00 (H) Hull - Premiership

Hull were now sitting in the number 2 slot and on a high after an 8-0 win over Torquay in their last match, unfortunately they encountered Robinho in imperious form and he scored 4 in the first half. Simonetta and Arteta grabed the goals in the second half to secure a very convincing win and see off another 2nd spot contender! icon14.gif

Result : West Ham 6 Hull 0

Robinho 16, 27, 38, 43

Simoneta 59

Arteta 78

Att : 27515

Tue, 29.12.2009 - 19:30 (A) Tottenham - Premiership

Robinho jinks passed a defender and fools the keeper with a craftily disguised side foot to fool the keeper and net the opening goal for West Ham in this all London encounter! Simonetta then continued this fantastic run of the Hammers with a further 2 goals in the first half! Scored within 2 minutes of each other. Robinho then grabbed his second just before half time as the hammers left the yids for dead icon_wink.gif The second half saw a more spirited display from the Spurs and Kanoute was rewarded for his efforts on 51 minutes, Blondel pulled another back on 69, was a comeback on the cards? No! 4-2 the score remains icon_biggrin.gif

Result : Tottenham 0 West Ham 3

Robinho 6, 43 Kanoute 51

Simonetta 30, 32

Att : 36202

Oskarsson wins the player of the month award and I win the Manager of the Month after guiding the Hammers through a perfect month of results, 100% wins against some very competitive teams!

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Thursday Session

19 Dec 09 Watford (a)

The lads look like they mean business today. We get off to a flyer with a goal in the first 40 seconds of the game. Not long after we make it 2-0 with a goal in the 8th minute.

We go into the second half and get yet another goal from Davies who scores his first for the club and secures the points for us and takes us into 2nd place behind Derby.

To give Watford their dews they do make a fight of the game and get a goal back right at the death but its to no avail.

End Result… PNE...Win 3-1

Scorers Moran 1st, Hall 8th, Davies 57th.

MoM Hall…PNE 9/10

26 Dec 09 Bolton (h)

Merry Xmas lads but after this game it wont be a happy new year for you lot. We were very lucky to get a share of the points today. It looked liked my lads had been on the pop the night before.

The less I say about the game the better as this was not one of the best games of the season. We were blown apart by Bolton in the early stages and could not get are act together. Some how and some where we did get the break through. A penalty that should not have been given was the start of the comeback. Davies also got in on the act by getting his 2nd goal in as many games.

The draw might give us the point but it does not show the true reflection of a poor game on our part.

End Result… Draw…2-2

Scorers Yahioui 51st (pen) Davies 71st.

MoM Davies …PNE 9/10

29 Dec 09 Sunderland (h)

Another big game for us as we are playing a team that are in the play off place and are gunning for the automatic spot. A big crowd and our biggest of the season so far 22,218 come to Deepdale to watch us try and get the 3 points.

The main man of our team at the moment Arthur gets the first goal of the game and opens up the defence to supply Kroll with the second goal of the game for us. 2-0 and everything is coming up rosey at the moment.

Sunderland do get a goal back but again it is to late for them to do much damage. We seemed to be on a roll at the moment and the teams confidence is on the rise.

End Result… PNE...Win 2-1

Scorers Arthur 11th, Kroll 22nd.

MoM Arthur…PNE 10/10

The Awards for December

Player of the month Arthur

Manager of the month Mr Smith of PNE

Cup Game

FA Cup 3rd

2 Jan 10 Gravesend (h)

This was going to be a hard game as in the league there was not a lot to between us. A nice crowd had turned out to see if we could make it to the next round.

As the game had started we were found that we were getting caught out in midfield and this was putting pressure on the defence and keeper. We tried to change things round about but we were still finding it hard to take control of the centre of the park.

We went on the attack down the left of the field and got a good cross into the box only to be stopped for offside. The next passage of play had Gravesend trying to get the ball into box. The cross came over and our keeper collected the ball and gave it a big punt straight down to Arthur who was on his way to the goal.

All you could see was the back of Arthur’s shirt going into the box then, he was on the floor and a penalty was given. We did get the ball into the net from the spot kick, but we were still playing against 11 men and not 10 as it was a sending off offence imo.

Into the second half of the game we tried to shut up shop and keep the game safe. With a bit of luck on our part we did manage to keep the score at 1-0 and get through to the next round.

Scorers Moran 21st (pen)

MoM Lonergan…PNE 8/10

The big news for us was that we have got a plum tie at home for the next game. We will play the team just down the road from us and that will be Darren’s team Man Utd it’s a pity it was not away as we would have got a good pay day, but we cant have everything now can we.

6 Jan 10 Brighton (h)

With the league being so close it was paramount that we kept in touch with the leaders and not give anything away at this stage of the season, as it could be a bit hard trying to get back into the running pack of teams that are starting to slowly pull away from the chasing pack.

Moran had got this game off to a flying start for us with a goal early on into the game. During the game he got another goal to give us all the points and move us into 2nd place in the league but still a long way behind Andy’s Derby who were top and looking good for the Prem.

End Result… PNE...Win 2-0

Scorers Moran 15th, 57th.

MoM Arthur…PNE 9/10

9 Jan 10 Oldham (a)

What a howler from our keeper had given the home team a goal start. His miss placed kick had gone to their forward who passed the ball into the empty net.

We did get back into the match with a header from a free kick but that was all it was going to be from both teams.

This was not going to be put down as a classic game but more of a game that could get you to sleep quickly.

End Result… Draw…1-1

Scorers Kroll 37th.

MoM Statham…Oldham 9/10

More to follow…

rouchie2-sig-2.jpg

As we enter the new year West Ham are competing on all fronts, top of the Premier League and on a real run of form, after 13 straight victories in all competitions, and only one defeat in all competitions, all season so far!

Sat, 2.1.2010 - 15:00 (H) Blackburn - FA Cup 3rd Rnd

It’s the FA Cup and Blackburn are visiting Upton Park. Simonetta and Arteta establish a two goal buffer in the first half, and Arteta makes it 3 midway through the 2nd, only for Luke young to pull one back for Rovers, but it was too little too late for Blackburn as the Hammers eased through into the draw for the 4th round icon_cool.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Blackburn 1

Simonetta 30 Young 74

Arteta 34, 67

Att : 18765

Wed, 6.1.2010 - 19:30 (H) Aston Villa - Premiership

West Ham smashed all sorts of records as they humiliated the Villans at the Boleyn, Oskarsson g5rabbed the highest individual goal tally in a game with an unbelievable 8! icon_eek.gif Kristjansson also grabbed 4 and Robinho just the one as the Hammers were rampant and strolled to a 13 – 1 victory! icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 13 Aston Villa 1

Oskarsson 8, 13, 14, 52, 74, 76, 78, 84 Moore 30

Kristjansson 16, 26, 59, 72

Robinho 45

Att : 25787

Sun, 10.1.2010 - 16:00 (H) Man Utd - Premiership

Darren Gray visit Fortress Boleyn and confidence is mega as the team are still buzzing from the extraordinary win over Aston Villa! The highest attendance of the season to see this clash of the titans! Oskarsson grabs an early brace to hand the Hammers a two goal advantage which West Ham guard through to the break. After the interval Ambrose nets a greta Hatrick in 5 minutes of frenetic play and the Irons stroll to an emphatic 5-0 win over the pre season favourites icon_wink.gif

Result : West Ham 5 Man Utd 0

Oskarsson 2, 10

Ambrose 65, 68, 70

Att : 38158

Wed, 13.1.2010 - 19:30 (A) Chelsea - Premiership

The run of 16 straight victories had to come to an end, and it did at Stamford Bridge as Mutu ensured the Irons would not head home with three points from this encounter! It was Mut that opened the scoring for Chelsea in the 3rd minute, West Ham replied via Arteta 10 minutes later only for Mutu to re-establish Chelsea’s advantage on 20 minutes with his second strike. Simonetta equalised after the break and Arteta put West Ham in fron for the first time on 82, West Ham looked like they were going to take the victory but Mutu grabbed a late late equaliser to seal his hatrick on 90 minutes icon_eek.gif

Result : Chelsea 3 West Ham 3

Mutu 3, 20, 90 Arteta 14, 82

Simonetta 63

Att : 42425

Sat, 16.1.2010 - 15:00 (H) Everton - Premiership

After an early shock from Parisi, putting the blue half of Liverpool in front, the Hammers got their game together and launched an assault on the Everton goal. Spectators were seen to be checking whether the Everton keeper had his pants on over his shorts as he was doing a damn good impression of Superman in the first half! After the game resumed, the attacking flair of West Ham started to bear fruit as Arteta broke through and scored almost immediately after the restart. Krustjansson grabbed West Hams second and Blasi struck a sweet screamer from outside the box to make it 3-1, surely a goal of the month contender? Kristjansson netted his second to wrap the game up for West Ham and return the Claret and Blue to winning ways icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 4 Everton 1

Arteta 47 Parisi 1

Kristjansson 53, 80

Blasi 60

Att : 21315

Wed, 20.1.2010 - 19:45 (H) Norwich - Carling Cup Semi Final Leg 1

The first leg of the Carling Cup against second placed Norwich, held at Upton Park, kept the fans of both sides on the edge of their seats as a tense draw was played out. Berry gave the canaries a lead just on the hour, Oskarsson equalised a few minutes later, Samba put Delia’s Delights back ahed on 73, only for Oskarsson, again to equalise, which is how it remained, setting up the return leg nicely! icon14.gif

Result : West Ham 2 Norwich 2

Oskarsson 63, 82 Berry 59

Samba 73

Att : 34862

Sat, 23.1.2010 - 12:30 (A) Kettering. – FA Cup 4th Round

An icy cold January afternoon at Rockingham Road, West Ham are keen to ensure progress in this competition after missing out in the final last year. A brace scored either side of the break by Arteta was the difference in this tie. icon_cool.gif

Result : Kettering 0 West Ham 3

Arteta 39, 74

Att : 6057

Wed, 27.1.2010 - 19:30 (A) W.B.A. - Premiership

A wet windy night at the Hawthorns and an Injury crisis at West Ham with Oskarsson ruled out for 5 months, Bonera, Etherington and Robinho also on the sick list! A tight first half until right on the break, the baggies concede a penalty which Thompson calmly converts. Braathen equalised after the interval, and that is how the gamne remained as West Ham had their 3rd draw of the month! icon_eek.gif

Result : WBA 1 West Ham 1

Braathen 53 Thompson 45

Att : 24747

Sat, 30.1.2010 - 15:00 (H) Norwich - Premiership

Second place Norwich return to Upton park for a Premier League match, before the second leg of the Carling Cup Semi is played in their own back yard. After the draw played out here 10 days ago, the fans were expecting a tough match, but Kristjansson, Robinho and an Arteta Penalty put that theory to the test to give the hammers a 3 goal lead at half time! The second half played out with no additions to the score sheet from either side, and West Ham extended their lead at the top to 10 points as Newcastle moved in to second spot with a game in hand icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Norwich 0

Kristjansson 21

Robinho 32

Arteta 45

Att : 22794

So the month ends with West Ham still on a 32 game unbeaten run! Competing on all fronts Domestic and European, but with some serious injuries depleting the star quality available with Oskarsson and Etherington both out for 5 months, and Bonera for 3 weeks. Kristjansson won the pLayer of the Month Award, I won Manager of the Month again, but Blasi’s strike was not to be found in the goal of the monthicon_eek.gif

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Monday Session

12 Jan 10 Middlesborough (a)

So what will this game be all about? Seeing as I know the score its all about 2 players 2 hat-tricks 3 penalties and a mad 5 minutes. We get of to a flying start as we open up the scoring after just 40 seconds and go 2-0 up after 15 minutes. Ameobi opens up the account for the home team after 20minutes so we have a game on here at the Riverside.

We do go 3-1 up not long after Ameobi’s goal, but go in at ½ time only 3-2 as Johnston gets in his first of the match from a corner.

Now the fun starts with the penalties as 3 are given in a matter of 5 minutes and all to us. Up steps Moran to score in the 49th minute so the score is 4-2to us, then he steps up again to blast his shot straight at the keeper in the 52nd minute so the score stays at 4-2. We thought we had the game won by now but Johnston had other ideas as he slotted the ball into the net in the 53rd minute. Score at this time was 4-3 to us and now we are starting to get a bit jittery as we have seen our lead pegged back to nearly a draw after being in charge of the game for long periods.

Now we are in the 54th minute of the game and the ref decides he likes the sound of the whistle so much he decides to blow up again when one of my players is brought down in the opponents box for yet another penalty. Again I go with Moran to take the penalty even tho he has just missed the last one. Bang its in the back of the net 5-3 to us and some daylight between us now in this game.

Not to be out done by his strike partner Arthur grabs 2 more goals to make the score 7-3 and maybe start a fight with Moran for the match ball as both had gotten hat-tricks in this match.

This has to be the best result under my management so far for score wise but im a bit concerned at the way we let Middlesborough back into the match.

End Result… PNE...Win 7-3

Scorers Moran 1st, 15th,49th (pen) 54th (pen). Arthur 23rd, 80th, 81st.

MoM Moran…PNE 10/10

16 Jan 10 Crewe (h)

After the last game I wanted us to be a bit more tighter at the back as after this game we would be playing a class team in the FA Cup and on the way we played we would be punished a bit more than what we were at the Riverside.

With a tighter defence we tried to put in something that we had tried on the training pitch. Moran was on fire as not only had he got 4 goals in the last match, he got the only goals of the game today.

With the game won I decided to change a few of the more influential players of the team as to make sure I had my strongest team out for the cup game.

Scorers Moran 10th, 21st.

MoM Moran…PNE 9/10

The big match for our season so far

FA Cup 4th rd

23 Jan 10 Man Utd (h)

So this was it, we were playing a team that was in 7th in the Premier league and at the moment under the guidance of the assistant manager as Darren was away on a scouting mission.

Looking at the team we were about to play sent a cold shiver down my spine, this team was full of internationals and oozed class. Also the tactic they were playing was this dreaded Diablo tactic with the looney midfield. Could we cope with this tactic? I think we could but we have to do a few changes to cope with it.

Looking at the players and how they set up to play , we found that Van Der Vaart would be the looney midfielder, so we decided to have him man marked and hopefully that would keep him quiet during the game.

The biggest crowd to date had come to watch us play and try and get something out of the game. For those a bit slow in getting to their seats they had missed us go 1-0 up after just 40 seconds into the game. And for the slower ones they would have missed the ball go into the net for a second time after 3 minutes. Again we were on cloud nine and trying to pinch ourselves as we were 2-0 against the mighty Man Utd with their super tactic.

Things were going to get better for us as we went 3-0 up and then 4-0 up after 36 minutes. Had we got the tie under wraps? At this stage I would say no as anything could happen, if it was in the last minute of the game I would have said yes.

Just before the end of the half United do get a goal back and hopefully for them gives them a bit of light at the end of the dark tunnel that they are in.

What can I say to the lads at the break but….. same of the first half please, and don’t start to think you have it won until the final whistle has gone.

We find ourselves under a lot of pressure as United go out and try to get a quick goal to bring the game back into touching distance for them. we do withstand the torrid 10 minutes of pressure that we were put under, but alas we had to give in to a sloppy goal that was a miss hit shot from Farnerud after 60 minutes.

4-2 to us and we still had 30 minutes to play. Could we hold out?

We had great backing from the crowd which I felt had made us an extra man at our time of need. We had done it we had beaten one of the favourites for the cup with a score of 4-2.

Scorers Arthur 1st, Kroll 3rd, Hall 24th, Moran 36th.

MoM Arthur…PNE 9/10

27 Jan 10 Notts Forest (h)

A team that was in the bottom 3 and we all know what happens when I play any team that are on the verge of saying bye bye to the division is that I tend to struggle. This game was not going to be any different.

We had set up camp in the Forest’s half for all of the match and we could still not breakdown their defence. Ward who was the forest keeper was playing a blinder and every shot we had at his goal he kept out.

We did get the break through and we sure did leave it very late. We got a penalty in the last minute of the game. Up stepped Arthur who put it away to give us a 1-0 win and the 3 points that we need to keep the pressure up on Andy’s Derby.

Scorers Arthur 90th.

MoM Ward…Forest 9/10

30 Jan 10 Sheff Wednesday (a)

Yet another game in such a short time and a game that I need to win as Wednesday are on our tails in the league. We do not get off to a good start as Birchall was found wanting on his side of the pitch which leads to the first goal of the match. Again not long after he is caught out again and with a game rating of 4 it was time to take him off.

We had to change the way we were playing as we were getting caught out a bit by the pace of the forwards from Wednesday. Kroll had got himself in a good position to volley the ball into the net to make it 1-1. Another goal from Arthur made it 2-1 and to make the game safe we had Poole to make it 3-1.

3 more points to us and another win but more pleasing to us was that we are on a run of not being defeated for quite a few games.

Scorers Kroll 19th, Arthur 30th, Poole 69th.

MoM Longergan…PNE 10/10

Awards time for January

Player of the Month

Yet again the young striker from PNE wins this award as it goes to Arthur

Manager of the Month

I do believe it has gone to the young pretender from PNE a manager who has gone all month without defeat Mr Smith wins this award again.

3 Feb 10 Gravesend (a)

Another team that was in the top 6 and looking for a place in the top 2. We had a full strength team out and everyone wanted to be in the starting line up. This in all accounts was a bit of a miss match as we had taken control of the match before the home team had known what had hit them. We had gone into a 1-0 lead after 10 minutes and were unlucky not to make it more.

Second half had seen us get 2 more goals but that was only before Gravesend had drawn level in the 50th minute.

Scorers Arthur 10th, 82nd, Davies 52nd.

MoM Arthur…PNE 9/10

So that was the end of my session today and what a good session it was. There will be news about a few transfers comings and goings in my next update and how I do in the FA Cup.

More to follow….

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

Planet Stevenage :

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro, the new signings came in and certainly make the future of the club look very good indeed, some very talented youngsters have come in and some of them may even get a few games this season, but they should definitely be getting them in a few years!

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Hull

Today’s game saw high flying Hull come down to visit us, now they are without fellow EFB manager Andy, we gave the crowd a goal with the Portuguese sensation Vieirinha got the goal for us and is also the subject of a 10million bid from Man City. Final Score : Stevenage 1 - 1 Hull Vieirinha

Visiting Upton Park : West Ham

Well it was the in-form front man from Colombia who did the running today and got his reward with a well worked goal. No surprise about the result here though, as per usual, an expected loss as predicted. Final Score : 3 - 1 Stevenage Hidalgo

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Spurs

A vital win against a team that have been buying the talent in by the bucket load, Slovenian Goal Machine Semler was the major difference between the two sides. Final Score : Stevenage 1 - 0 Spurs Semler

[Visiting Villa Park : Villa Park

Last season’s goal machine put himself on the score sheet in today’s game, he hasn’t started as well as last season but they are slowly coming.Final Score : Aston Villa 1 - 1 Stevenage Semler

FA Cup 3rd Round

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Gillingham

Well the reserves had a field day, it was the right back Nevins who blasted home from the six yard box, it took an hour for the other two to follow but both were from super subs Juliusson and Tifferet. Final Score : Stevenage 3 - 0 Gillingham Nevins, Juliusson, Tiffert

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Man Utd

As Daz was not able to attend, it meant we couldn’t get that all important win! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif So his assistant came instead and we didn’t put any efforts into the back of the net but should have. Final Score : Stevenage 0 - 2 Man Utd

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Chelsea

Didn’t get to view this game but I’m happy to say that it was an eight goal thriller which we were on the winning side, it was Jackson and Semler who bagged a brace each with Vieirinha knocking one in too. Final Score : Stevenage 5 - 3 Chelsea Semler(2), Vieirinha, Jackson(2)

Visiting The Toffee’s : Everton

Well I didn’t get to play this game due to non-game commitments, so my assistant took charge instead, it was all even but our future signing Barber scored against us showing off his talent! For us, young money grabbing Jackson scored. Final Score : Everton 1 - 1 Stevenage Jackson

Visiting Broadhall Way is : WBA

A new tactic was rolled out at the Boro HQ and it impressed too on its first outing, the defenders were certainly on top and even out did the strikers on the score card! Newly acquired midfield prospect Worthington scored past his former employer and our corner routine setup both Robinson and Solstad to score from close range. Final Score : Stevenage 3 - 0 WBA Solstad, Robinson, Worthington

FA Cup Fourth Round

Visiting Highbury : Arsenal

The reserves went out once more to try and prove why they should be playing in the first team, well they did a decent enough job and equaled the Gunners in every department, Juliusson did end up on the losing team but his 40 yard pile driver deserved to be on the winning side! Final Score : Arsenal 2 - 1 Boro Juliusson

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Coventry

Well the teams from the midlands are not enjoying a good season at all with Coventry, Wolves and WBA all in the relegation zone, so this was another must win game, so a change back to the tactic we used against WBA and we blasted off once more with being 3-0 up at half time, goals from Robinson., Smeler and Vieirinha did the damage, it was followed up by a penalty for Coventry and then the goal machine Hidalgo put one in to make sure the points are without doubt, secured.

Final Score : Stevenage 4 - 1 Coventry Robinson, Vieirinha, Semler, Hidalgo

So the new tactic is working well for home games and I’ll be working on an away tactic now to help the team get lots of consistency and get a good run of games going in which we score and win the games.

Plan for the rest of the season is to get rid of some of the high earners in the squad who are starting to age a little too, this should include, Rommedahl who wants to leave anyway, Marco Ferreria and hopefully Ferguson aswell.

rouchie2-sig-2.jpg

Wed, 3.2.2010 - 19:30 (A) Norwich - Carling Cup Semi Final Leg 2

After a hard fought 2-2 draw at Upton Park, Norwich were keen not to let the hard work go to waste! West Ham opened and had another Wembley day out in their nostrils, but the pendulum swung back to the Canaries after the break, when Samba evened out Arteta’s earlier strike. The score remained level, leading to extra time and still the stalemate could not be broken, so the away goal came into play which saw Norwich through to the final by dint of their 2-2 at Upton Park icon_eek.gif

Result : Norwich 1 West Ham 1 (3-3 on aggregrate)

Samba 59 Arteta 36

Att : 24132

Sat, 6.2.2010 - 15:00 (H) Torquay - Premiership

A hard fought game this, which, to be fair, Rob White, Torquays up and coming manager, must have thought was snatched from his grasp unfairly! Torquay had dominated play and twice taken the lead, first through Advaldo, then Jones, only to be pegged back each time, by Kristjansson then Thu, and to add insult to injury time, Thu scored the winner with 92 on the clock icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Torquay 2

Kristjansson 52 Advaldo 5

Thu 76, 90 Jones 58

Att : 19530

Sat, 13.2.2010 - 15:00 (A) Chelsea - FA Cup 5th Rnd

Just the one goal in the first half of this all London encounter, scored by the irrepressible Robinho. The second half exploded into action early on with goals from Arteta and Thompson within a minute of each other! Chelsea pulled one back with a Parker penalty after Huth was judged to have given him a nudge in the penalty area. Arteta restored the three goal advantage however, and Simonetta rounded the evening off with A sweetly struck 5th for the Hammers that ensured safe passage to the 6th Round icon_wink.gif

Result : Chelsea 1 West Ham 5

Parker 66 Robinho 39

Arteta 47, 77

Thompson 48

Simonetta 85

Att : 42425

Wed, 17.2.2010 - 19:30 (A) Newcastle - Premiership

Well it had to happen eventually, and the Hammers long unbeaten run finally came aground at St James’s, by the narrowest of margins and thanks to some superb defending and wasteful forwards! 35 games unbeaten, and it is lost on an undeserved narrow defeat icon_mad.gif

Result : Newcastle 1 West Ham 0

Dyer 48

Att : 45535

Sat, 20.2.2010 - 12:30 (H) Arsenal - Premiership

Someone was going to face the backlash after the undeserved defeat against the Geordies, and Arsenal were that someone! A stirring performance from the boys in Claret and Blue as they sent the Gunners home on the short tube ride across London with their tail between their legs! Kristjansson netted a hatrick, Robinho and Montalvan one apiece and Thu, proving his worth again in the first team, with a brace. West Ham even had the luxury of missing a penalty and it not affecting the game icon_biggrin.gif Arsenals sole response was through Miccoli late in the second half! A strong win to put the Hammers back on track icon_cool.gif

Result : West Ham 7 Arsenal 1

Kristjansson 11, 47, 79 Miccoli 72

Robinho 25

Montalvan 53

Thu 60, 81

Att : 30639

Wed, 24.2.2010 - 19:45 (H) Inter - Champions League 2nd Rnd Leg 1

Inter stun the Boleyn faithful by taking a two goal lead in this vital match! Emerson and Martins the scorers for the Italian side. West Ham leave it late for a comeback, but the first flicker of hope (as opposed to beans) is ignited on 72 when Kristjansson pulls one back for the Irons! Arteta then equalises on 80 and the late sub Simonetta, on for the disappointing Robinho scores an unlikely winner on 85 to round off a fantastic comeback! icon_biggrin.gif Stilla tough game in prospect for the return leg with two away goals conceded though. icon_eek.gif

Result : West Ham 3 Inter 2

Krisjansson 72 Emerson 38

Arteta 80 Martins 59

Simonetta 85

Att : 19855

derby.jpg

Rams Review - Rams Storming Away

After years of nothing but doom and gloom new gaffer Hepburn has came in and completely turned things around at the club. They still sit proudly at the top of the league clearly ahead of the chasing pack. Hepburn is delighted at the response of his players and staff alike to his changes and hope they continue to flourish under his management. Here is the rundown of the latest games.....

The League Review

Crystal Palace v Derby - (A) - 2-2

At times football can be a frustrating game and this game was one of them. Derby had much of the match both in terms of possession and chances. Crystal Palace however almost ended up winning this match if it was not for a late equaliser from Danny Coid, Derby's stand out player of the season so far. Carlo Nash had one of those games where nothing went right for him at the cruical moments. It had all started so well for Derby as after an early goal from Rob Hulse for Palace, Derby had most of the half and deservedly went in at half time on level terms through Landon Donovan. Disaster then struck for Derby after new signing Jon Harley went off injured with a suspected broken spine and later found out he will be missing for six months. Then Palace went ahead nine minutes from time through LuaLua only for a late equaliser to deny palace all three points. A game Derby deserved to win and Hepburn was very disappointed at not taking the three points.

Derby v Peterbrough - (H) - 6-0

After five months away Edan Waldman had returned to take up his post at Peterbrough and bring his team to Pride Park. He went away with his pride smashed as Derby took his team apart with an awesome display of football. Landon Donovan started the thrashing after only six minutes. The lead was then added to by Danny Coid, Marjin Mulders and Reo-Coker before half time. It was one way traffic and Boro had no answer to Derby's power and pace. In the second half Mulders then added a second to his tally and Derby's fifth goal and then William Flood grabbed his first goal for the club with a great goal to round things off.

Cardiff v Derby - (A) - 0-2

Derby travelled to Ninian Park full of hope that their great and unbeaten start to the season would continue. Beofre the game Landon Donovan pulled out the squad to go and play for America in another meaningless friendly so gaffer Hepburn was down tot he bare bones in the striking department and had to field Malcolm Christie alongside Pozzi who has failed to live up to expectations so far. It did not matter however as Cardiff really dominated from the start and in the end easily won 2-0 and it could have been more. Derby just could not get going. Their one chance fell to Pozzi who skied it over the bar when it would have been easier to score. Very poor display.

Derby v Rotherham - (H) - 2-0

After the disappointing display at Cardiff Hepburn was looking for a big response from his players for the visit of Rotherham who have always been tough to beat. Hepburn had Donovan back from his trip to America and he rightly restored him to the team. Out went Pozzi and he went straight onto the transfer list after another terrible performance. The game itself was good as Derby played like a different team as they fought for everything and played at their usual high tempo. Marjin Mulders continued his goalscoring run by grabbing the opener for Derby after thirteen minutes and Tom Huddlestone scored the second midway through the second half. It could have been more but for some woeful finishing from Derby. good result and performance to put the boys back on track.

Brentford v Derby - (A) - 2-1

Another fairly easy game for Derby as Brentford rarely threatened and Derby were allowed to play the match at their own pace. Derby played well when they had to and could have played a lot better but nevertheless they did not need to in all honesty. Donovan put Derby one up after only eight minutes and then Malcolm Christie added a ssecond before half time. Second half was a non event although Derby did have a few decent chances to increase their lead. Brentford managed a consolation goal right at the end but it was never enough.

Derby v Charlton - (H) - 2-0

All I can say is what a performance from the Rams!!!! Maybe Hepburn was saving his boys for the big games like this one against Charlton. From start to finish they went at Charlton and created loads of chances. Charlton looked a team in shock for most of the game and could get no where near the Derby players. The scoreline flattered Charlton as if it was not for some great goalkeeping from Nicky Weaver then this scoreline could have been eight or nine such was Derby's performance. Landon Donovan put Derby one up on the half hour and then Reo-Coker increased the lead seven minutes later with a stunning strike. The second half Derby pressed and pressed and triedin vain to get a third goal to please the adoring fans who were loving every minute of this. They chanted Hepburn's name as he saluted them at the end of the game and thanked them for their support.

Watford v Derby - (A) - 2-0

Back onto the roads and a trip to London to face Watford. Derby took a huge support down with them as demand to see Hepburn's team in action has increased due to the team's change in fortune. Wht the fans witnessed was another easy victory for Derby who again were never really tested against a poor Watford team. In the first half Derby created a number of chances but could not put the ball in the back of the net. However in the second half Derby took two of their chances, these chances fell to Rungratsamee and Lee Holmes as Derby turned on the cruise contol and glided to victory.

Derby v Bolton - (H) - 2-0

Another pleaseing performance from Hepburn's men as they brushed aside Bolton with ease. The only owrrying thing for Hepburn was the terrible shooting from the Derby side. Four shots on target out of fifteen is not good at all. But they managed to win with ease as the whole team played exceptionally well. Rungratsamee gave Derby the perfect start with a goal after only one minute. The Derby faithful had to wait till eleven minutes from the end before Derby put the match beyond doubt as Landon Donovan scored a great goal.

Sunderland v Derby - (A) - 2-1

A match here that showed what the new Derby are made of. They had to defend under some heavy pressure from Sunderland. Rungratsamee got Derby off to another great start after nineteen minutes with a great goal. Derby had chances to extend their lead but never capitalised on them. Sunderland came out in the second half with all guns blazing and put Derby under heavy pressure. Sunderland equalised with fifteen minutes to go through David Foley. It set up a frantic finish and Landon Donovan scored the winner in the last minute to give Derby a great victory.

Derby v Middlesbrough - (H) - 0-0

This was a game of few chances and not a lot else happening. Boro defended exceptionally well and Derby just could find a way through them.

Brighton v Derby - (A) - 0-0

Derby owe Carlo Nash a huge favour as he kept Derby in this game with some fine saves. Derby on the other hand did not trouble the Brighton goal as most of their shots went woefully off target. Disappointing game.

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Tuesday Session

6 Feb 10 Fulham (h)

So we take on a team that should be higher than the league table says. We do not have a good game as we are taken apart from Boa Morte who opens his account after just 15 minutes.

We do find a bit of hope as we draw level with our backup striker Blinkhorn, but we go behind to the final goal of the match from the local lad Lee Chun Soo

End Result… PNE...Lose 2-1

Scorers Blinkhorn 53rd.

MoM Boa Morte…Fulham 10/10

Transfer News

We have decided to spend a bit of the money the kind board members have given me.

· Porarinsson £350k from Stevenage borough

But as we have spent a bit of money we have had a few offers for a couple of players that are just on the fringes of the 1st team and I have decided to let them go to further their careers. So out goes:-

· N Hamilton £300k to Southampton

· K Foley £250k to Leicester

So it’s the cup again and yet again it’s a home draw. This time we play a team that is below us in the league.

FA Cup Rd 5

13 Feb 10 Rotherham (h)

Seeing as we knocked out the holders out of the cup last round the crowd that has turned up are expecting to get through to the next round with out to many problems.

Think again ladies and gentlemen as football does through up a few surprises along the way. But not today as we are in total control of the game.

The score line does give the impression that it was a closer game than it was, but due to some good play near the end of the match from Morris, we had played well and moved on to the next round where I hear we will be playing Newcastle United.

Scorers Moran 18th, 79th, Arthur 34th, Yahiaoui 88th.

MoM Arthur..PNE 10/10

17 Feb 10 Millwall (a)

We were in danger of getting blown away by a team who had come at us like their lives depended on it. We found ourselves 2-0 down after just 27 minutes and it could have been a lot more if it was not for some poor shooting.

I had to throw the book at the players at half time as they were finding they were second best to every thing out on the pitch and if I did not see a massed improvement on their part heads will roll.

It must have worked as we kicked arse and ended up wining the game at a canter.

Scorers Moran 59th, Poole 82nd, Arthur 83rd, 87th.

MoM Arthur..PNE 10/10

The biggie

20 Feb 10 Derby (h)

This is make or brake for both teams as its top v 2nd. If we don’t win today we might find it very hard to keep up with The Rams this season.

A game where it could have gone either way it was pleasing to see we have got the fight in the team to pull something out of the bag. To be honest we had matched Andy’s Derby to every ball and tackle that they made but the only bit of difference to the 2 teams was that Arthur was on fire and playing at the top of his game.

He opened up the scoring for us after 17 minutes and that seem to settle the team down a lot. We did make the game safe right at the death with another shot at goal where the bag of air hit the back of the net.

This result leaps us above Derby but they do have a game in hand on us so its all still to play for.

Scorers Arthur 17th, Poole 89th.

MoM Laurie..PNE 9/10

24 Feb 10 Cheltenham (h)

This was a 1 man show again as we took all points to keep us at the top of the league. This man is known as Arthur who at the time is on fire in the league and slowly but surely helping us get in a position to challenge for the title.

End Result… PNE...Win 2-1

Scorers Arthur 28th, 58th.

MoM Arthur..10/10

Awards for Feb

Player of the Month Laurie PNE for his outstanding play after coming back with a serious injury that has kept out of 1st team football for over 4 months.

More to follow…

rouchie2-sig-2.jpg

Wed, 3.3.2010 - 19:30 (A) Coventry - Premiership

West Ham were looking to build the points up to make their position at the top unassailable, and performed in clinical style at Highfield Road as they thumped the sky blues! Simonetta opened the scoring and Arteta scored next, and just kept on scoring as he netted 4 in total to give the Hammers a very comfortable victory icon_biggrin.gif

Result : Coventry 0 West Ham 5

Simonetta 8

Arteta 21, 36, 58, 90

Att : 22318

Sat, 6.3.2010 - 15:00 (A) Millwall - FA Cup 6th Rnd

A disappointing afternoon, which saw West Ham exit prematurely from the FA Cup. After starting the match as planned, ahead at the break courtesy of a rare Blasi goal, the pikeys circled their caravans and nicked 2 goals in the 2nd half to go through to the next round

Result : Millwall 2 West Ham 1

McVeigh 51, 72 Blasi 25

Att : 21125

Wed, 10.3.2010 - 19:45 (A) Inter - Champions League 2nd Rnd Leg 2

West Ham had fought their way back from a 2 goal deficit in the first leg to win 3-2, and were stunned when Inter pulled off a similar feat! Arteta and Simonetta had set them up nicely in the first half to put West Ham 5-2 up on aggregrate, then Thompson was sent off for kicking an opponent just before the break and the whole complexion of the game changed! Van der Meyde pulled one back with the last kick of the half and all the confidence seemed to drain from the visitors. Martins equalised on the night staright after the interval, and Materazzi forced extra time when he equalised on aggregrate. The additional periods yielded no goals so the drama of penalties. Ricketts netted for the Hammers as did Materazz for Inter, Hammers Arteta also converted but Inters Kallon missed, West Hams Ambose also had his effort saved, then the Italians Recoba had his shot saved, Montalvan drilled his effort into the back of the net to put West Ham 3-1 up on pens and leaving Inter needing to score but Bresciano skied it and the Hameers were through to trhe quarter finals! Woo hoo! icon_smile.gif

Result : Inter 3 West Ham 2 (5-5 on agg) West Ham win 3-1 on penalties

Van Der Meyde 45 Arteta 12

Martin 46 Simonetta 36

Materazzi 78

Att : 55795

Sat, 13.3.2010 - 12:30 (A) Birmingham - Premiership

After the mid week exertions in Italy, West Ham were understandably tired, and looked it in this poor game. A non event in the first 45, and only Robinho and Arteta’s strikes in the second half to mention, A poor game from a tired team. Not sure what Birminghams excuse was, but a welcome three points none the less icon_wink.gif

Result : Birmingham 0 West Ham 2

Robinho 48

Arteta 90

Att : 27753

Wed, 17.3.2010 - 19:30 (H) Man City - Premiership

West Ham completely outclassed Citeh as they cut through the defence and scored at will, Goals came from all over the team, and Citeh had no reply. A Simonetta hatrick, and individual efforts from Morgan, Ambrose and Arteta sealed this convincing win icon_biggrin.gif

Result : West Ham 6 Man City 0

Simonetta 17, 50, 69

Morgan 29

Ambrose 31

Arteta 74

Att : 21931

Sat, 20.3.2010 - 15:00 (A) Q.P.R.

An opening goal in the first minute and Costa’s first for West Ham gets this game off to a perfect start. Robinho doubles the advantage bfore the first 10 minutes are reached. QPR level up before the break however with goals from Dawson and Ghioane (who always seems to score against us!) Robinho re-establishes the lead for the Irons immediately after the restart, but Huth gets himself sent off for a reckless challenge which leaves West Ham defending a slender advantage for the best part of half an hour! Robinho hits QPR on the counter and extends the lead to 4-2 on 81, completing his hatrick, and the travelling faithful breath easier! icon14.gif

Result : QPR 2 West Ham 4

Dawson 23 Costa 1

Ghioane 45 Robinho 9, 46, 81

Att : 20485

Wed, 24.3.2010 - 19:45 (A) Tottenham - Champions League Qtr Final Leg 1

An all England, All London encounter in this Champions League Quarter Final being played at White Hart Lane, A penalty in the 7th minute which Blondel duly converts gives Spurs an ideal start, Nene makes it 2-0 with a breakaway goal just before the break. West Ham need to pull one back to give themselves a chance at Upton Park! But the gods aren’t smiling on the Claret and Blue this evening, and it leaves a mountain to climb at Upton Park icon_frown.gif

Result : Spurs 2 West Ham 0

Blondel 7

Nene 45

Att : 36213

Arteta wins the player of the month award and finishes 3rd in the goal of the month stakes for his curling shot v Man City. Paul Rouch wins yet another Manager of the Month accolade icon_biggrin.gif West Ham now sit top 11 points clear of 2nd place Norwich, but are up against it in the Champions League with a 2 goal deficit to overcome at the Boleyn

Cheers Marlow. We have a great group of lads all dedicated to CM and up for a good laugh so it is a credit to them for making the game such a success. KUTGW lads.

We have Peter to thank for our banners as none of us can make them nor would they be as brilliant as his. He will still however have to settle for second place in Division One as i have regained top spot after my shocking loss of form. icon_cool.gif

Archived